PDA

View Full Version : Is This Rare?

Jek Porky 2002
07-20-2002, 09:19 AM
I have got a carded Dexter Jettster, a figure quite rare itself, with a background packed in and on the side where it says all the accessories, it says pipe, which most of them don't say at all, how rare is it?

hango fett
07-20-2002, 09:21 AM
pretty rare...it ony came in the first few shipments i guess..the background alone is worht i'd say 3-5 dollars more than retail...with the pipe text, add another 4 to that...
800th post!!!! whooo hooo!

Lord Tenebrous
07-20-2002, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't say rare. Even if each store got 2 in, that's still a couple million in production, so locally uncommon, at best. You can probably find one for retail if you look hard enough, forgoing the figure hoarders and proceeding through an honest outlet. :)

And if you can't find one, so what? The figure is the thing you play with, and the packaging, background included, is disposed of.

Nebulaz
07-20-2002, 01:30 PM
unless u dont play with the figure...

rynobot
07-20-2002, 02:15 PM
I doubt there are millions of them, and not every store got those shipments.

fourtwo
07-20-2002, 03:01 PM
dexter is rare himself? i see dex everywhere, and i really don't look all that much

jdmarlow
07-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Dex isn't that rare himself...but that Pipe text showing w/ background version is QUITE RARE.

Thumb Wars
07-20-2002, 04:08 PM
the only dexter's that i have seen around here were all the non-backgrounded type. and the "pipe" text was covered up. so i would thing that there are millions of them either.

jet chan
07-20-2002, 04:50 PM
dexter may not be rare but since i started looking for him i've noticed he's hard to find, in any form

Dar' Argol
07-20-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by jet chan
dexter may not be rare but since i started looking for him i've noticed he's hard to find, in any form

I've had this happen too!! I got the clean Biker Scout from POTJ and that was all I wanted. Then I saw the Dirty version come in, but I am no a varation hunter. So I let him go. For about a month, 7 of those figs sat on the pegs. Then I decide to do an Endor Diorama and I wanted a dirty Biker Scout to go in there. I walked out to our toy dept and behold, all 7 scouts, which were there the day b/4, are all gone!! I haven't see one since:rolleyes:

jet chan
07-20-2002, 05:04 PM
the funny part about the dexter thing is before the movie came out all i seemed to see was them all over the place and thinking i'll wait till after the movie to get one and thats the brillant move i made, for some reason now that he's one i want i can't find him. oh well:frus:

Dar' Argol
07-20-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by jet chan
the funny part about the dexter thing is before the movie came out all i seemed to see was them all over the place and thinking i'll wait till after the movie to get one and thats the brillant move i made, for some reason now that he's one i want i can't find him. oh well:frus:

Well there are plenty of ppl in our trading/selling forum that would be happy to help you out:D I might even be able to pick one up for trade. My store still has plenty. Now they are the non-background version, but its still a Dexter. If your interested, PM me:D

jedi_uk73
07-20-2002, 05:13 PM
Jek.

The Dexter with Pipe Text is a fairly rare figure. Us UK collectors seem to not get most of the package variations etc, so having this one is a good bonus as it was the last figure made with a background pic.

I too have this one and have seen it on the secondary market for anything from 15+, and even higher on Ebay.

rynobot
07-20-2002, 05:40 PM
Yeah, Dexter should pass his pipe.

sith_killer_99
07-20-2002, 06:15 PM
I have seen LOTS of Dexters hanging around (LOL).

I never could find one with the background card...at retail that is. In fact, it was the ONLY figure with BG that I didn't find at the stores.

I ended up trading for him, mine has the Pipe text covered.

I have heard that the one with BG and Pipe text showing is the hardest to find.

Figurestasher
07-20-2002, 08:37 PM
As a diehard SW searcher, trust me, the Dex w/ BG and pipe is rare. Saw way more bloody Lukes than that one.

The rarest is the Dex figure smoking out of the pipe. na just kidding. but that would've been cool. Hasbro is weak.

rynobot
07-20-2002, 10:59 PM
yep, they make a figure who's head comes off, but won't let dexter smoke his pipe or let anyone else.

DarthBrandon
07-20-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
yep, they make a figure who's head comes off, but won't let dexter smoke his pipe or let anyone else.

I believe that Dex w/ BG and pipe is quite rare.

rynobot, I think the smoking the pipe thing has a lot to do with the politics of the business. What they are saying is violence is O.K., but smoking is taboo. Just doesn't make sense does it.

rynobot
07-20-2002, 11:33 PM
yep, one you get a fine the other you get 25-life.

DarthBrandon
07-20-2002, 11:38 PM
I think I'll take the fine please.

rynobot
07-20-2002, 11:41 PM
well in Europe in Canada soon it won't be a aginst the law to smoke a pipe, this makes me want to move away for the USA.

DarthBrandon
07-21-2002, 12:06 AM
Pack on up rynobot, there's plenty of room for you here.

Lord Tenebrous
07-21-2002, 12:07 AM
rynobot, I think the smoking the pipe thing has a lot to do with the politics of the business.

Lucas has convinced Ewan to stop, so it might be a personal preference. Or it could be that Lucas didn't think the final vocal recording sounded like a large-mouthed alien with a pipe clenched in his teeth. The figure only needed the Kyber dart packed in, everything else is superficial.

rynobot
07-21-2002, 12:07 AM
oh yeah, I'll pack it up, but first I need a job. Have one for me?

Thumb Wars
07-21-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by brandon
What they are saying is violence is O.K., but smoking is taboo. Just doesn't make sense does it.

yeah kids, its ok to go out and hack someone up, but don't you smoke, it'll kill you!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

that is classic.

Figurestasher
07-23-2002, 01:50 AM
I saw a Dexter WITH background but NO word pipe on it at all. This was on ebay the other day. I think this is even rarer then the one with BG and the word pipe on it. Not for sure though.

rynobot
07-23-2002, 12:14 PM
If it has a sticker of the word pipe it isn't rarer.

Figurestasher
07-23-2002, 07:37 PM
it has NO sticker and NO word pipe but HAS a background, I saw the picture on ebay, but who really knows.