PDA

View Full Version : LOTR: The Two Towers



Jek Porky 2002
07-20-2002, 11:05 AM
Will the next Lord Of The Rings film be as long as the last. Because I thought it was too long and I was so relieved when it finished!

Jedi Knightrider
07-20-2002, 11:16 AM
Really? I had no concept of time while I watched FOTR. I had no idea I had been sitting there that long. It was quite amazing, as I am usually affected negatively by a drawn-out movie, but this one didn't have that.

Pendo
07-20-2002, 11:31 AM
I thought the length of the movie was perfect. You don't get bored watching it and hope TTT will be the same length.
Have you seen the trailer for it, it looks awesome!!!

PENDO!

Geonosian
07-20-2002, 11:46 AM
It looks AWESOME alright. Helms deep is going to be AMAZING!!!

Beast
07-20-2002, 12:11 PM
Yep, The Two Towers is looking to clock in at around the same length. And then we will get the Extended Edition DVD next year as well, adding another 30 minutes or so to the film. Just like what Peter Jackson did with Fellowship. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
07-20-2002, 03:04 PM
By the time the LOTR trilogy is done, with it's 4 hour long extended DVDs, it'll be the same length as the Star Wars saga in half the movies. A little over twelve hours. :D

By the way, here's the new teaser poster...

Beast
07-20-2002, 03:13 PM
Thanks for posting the poster, EP. Can't wait for this to open. I loved the first one, and I am trying not to breakdown and read the book before the movie opens. It's going to be nice when I finally can read them, I have been holding off ever since I heard Peter Jackson was doing the movies.

Oh, for all you Peter Jackson fans out there, his second feature film after "Bad Taste", is coming to DVD in a new Special Edition very soon. "Meet The Feebles" is currently being prepared for a 2003 release by Anchor Bay. Here is the info from Horrordvds.com's chat with Michael Felsher from Anchor Bay. :)

[22:58] <mfelsher> Well I can say this, we hope to have a newly restored DVD presentation of MEET THE FEEBLES sometime in late 2003. Extras are TBD. Actually I guess that pretty much lets the cat out of the bag...so there you go. Now there's a situation where a soundtrack CD would rock! Can you imagine listening to "Sodomy" in your car on the way to work?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

master jedi
07-20-2002, 06:31 PM
It'll have to be as long as FOTR because I heard that during the battle of Isengard(I think that's what the battle is called) is going to be 45 minutes of uniterupted fun.

Beast
07-20-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
It'll have to be as long as FOTR because I heard that during the battle of Isengard(I think that's what the battle is called) is going to be 45 minutes of uniterupted fun.
That's the battle of Helm's Deep. From what I understand so far, the Ent's attacking and destroying Isengard (Sauruman's Keep) will not be shown on screen. Supposedly we will see the Ent's approaching Isengard, and then later we will see the aftermath of their attack. From what I understand, they were having alot of trouble realising the Ent's in CGI, so they will not be seen on camera much. Showing them attacking and destroying Isengard could not be done realistic enough for Peter Jackson, I guess. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-20-2002, 09:51 PM
JarJar will Treebead be at helms deep? Also will Gandalf the White be Helms Deep.

Beast
07-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Treebeard leads the attack on Isengard, from all that I have read. As I said previously I am avoiding most spoilers, I just have been following the progress of the film, and reading the new charecters bios. As such, I can't answer the Gandalf question. Since he is not a new charecter, I am avoiding his charecter profile on TheOneRing.net. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-20-2002, 11:22 PM
Ok.....Does anyone know if Gandalf will fight at helms deep?

bigbarada
07-21-2002, 01:38 AM
I don't think FOTR was too long at all. In fact, if anything, it was waaaaay too short. If I was king of the universe, each book in the series would get it's own trilogy in order to realize the entire story unabridged. (that's 18 hours total, folks)

Not to mention the Silmarillon and Hobbit trilogies.

Anyways, I can't wait for the extended 4-hour DVD version of FOTR and I am definitely excited about TTT.

bigbarada
07-21-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Ok.....Does anyone know if Gandalf will fight at helms deep?

Oh yes, Gandalf the White (remember he was Gandalf the Grey in FOTR) will be a key player in the battle of Helm's Deep.

BTW, any pics of Treebeard popping up anywhere? I'm more than a little curious to see how he turned out.

Beast
07-21-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
BTW, any pics of Treebeard popping up anywhere? I'm more than a little curious to see how he turned out.
Nope, no pictures yet. Other then the split second shot of him in the 3 minute TTT addition to the end of FOTR. They are keeping everything about the charecter under wraps, other then who does the voice. Similar to what they did with Dexter Jettster for Episode II. Remember that we didn't even see pictures of that charecter or his figure to about a month before the figures were released.

Same is happening with TTT but the big Treebeard Electronic figure will be held back until after the movie opens, so they will likely try to keep him underwraps until the movie opens in December. Unless they show him during the 10 minute TTT preview on the August 6th DVD release. I'm looking forward to seeing him as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deckard Smith
07-21-2002, 01:51 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Tolkien back when I was in college. A dormie of mine kept insisting until I broke down and read them. I enjoyed the movie also.

JediTricks
07-21-2002, 05:18 AM
IMO, FOTR wasn't too long, but it desperately needed an intermission in the middle to let the audience stretch their legs and digest the first half of the film. I hope the next film gets this.

Beast
07-21-2002, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
IMO, FOTR wasn't too long, but it desperately needed an intermission in the middle to let the audience stretch their legs and digest the first half of the film. I hope the next film gets this.
I doubt they are going to add one, from what I understand Peter Jackson doesn't care for them. They ruin the flow of the movie. And don't forget the number one reason for a intermission. That 64 oz. Bladder Buster Big Gulp Sized Soda that you drank during the first hour and a half. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
07-21-2002, 05:47 AM
Bah! That's crap IMO, if that's Jackson's POV then he must have lost all feeling in his behind a long time ago. Films like "Lawrence of Arabia", "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World", and many others have intermissions and don't suffer from anything other than an audience without muscle-atrophy or -fatigue.

And FOTR had a PERFECT place for an intermission, when the group gets to Rivendale and the "love story" aspect starts up while Frodo is recuperating.

Geonosian
07-21-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada


Oh yes, Gandalf the White (remember he was Gandalf the Grey in FOTR) will be a key player in the battle of Helm's Deep.

BTW, any pics of Treebeard popping up anywhere? I'm more than a little curious to see how he turned out. Thanks:) I just wanted to know if he fights at helms deep, which he will. Iam waiting for a good Treebeard pic to.
JarJar will there be a 10 min preview on the dvd?:cool:

scruffziller
07-21-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I don't think FOTR was too long at all. In fact, if anything, it was waaaaay too short. If I was king of the universe, each book in the series would get it's own trilogy in order to realize the entire story unabridged. (that's 18 hours total, folks)

Not to mention the Silmarillon and Hobbit trilogies.

Anyways, I can't wait for the extended 4-hour DVD version of FOTR and I am definitely excited about TTT.
I agree, they're making movies way too short these days. I pay for a show I want a SHOW!!!! I just hope the DVD will alow us to put in the deleted scenes while we watch it.

Beast
07-21-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
I agree, they're making movies way too short these days. I pay for a show I want a SHOW!!!! I just hope the DVD will alow us to put in the deleted scenes while we watch it.
There are no deleted scenes on the DVD, there is two different versions. The August 6th release is the theatrical version. And then on November 12th, the extended version with 30 minutes of additional footage added to the film. :)

MTFBWY and HH!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
07-21-2002, 08:38 PM
Re. Gandalf: You guys really should watch the spoilers....please warn us! Gandalf is supposed to be dead, right?

Fun fact: My copy of Two Towers starts with the battle in which Boromir dies (from the end of FOTR). I had this bit ruined by reading the review of FOTR that prefaces TT, it stated that Boromir got killed in the battle by the river and I hadn't even read that yet!!!

TT looks to be fantastic, as great as FOTR if not better. Im a little concerned about a 45 minute battle - won't we get desensitized after that long? I like my actions sequences broken up a little more than that. Not that TT doesn't have it's fair share of dust ups....

Is the extended version of FOTR now supposed to be 4 hours long?? I thought they were adding only 30 minutes?

Beast
07-22-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
Is the extended version of FOTR now supposed to be 4 hours long?? I thought they were adding only 30 minutes?
The Extended Edition isn't quite 4 hours long, but very close. But it's not all movie. The original theatrical version is 3:07:00. Add in 30 minutes, and then an extra 19 minutes of credits for the fan club credits sequence. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-22-2002, 06:20 AM
Hey everyone...
Does Faramir bother of Borimir have a important role in Two Towers?
Thanks.:)

scruffziller
07-22-2002, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

There are no deleted scenes on the DVD, there is two different versions. The August 6th release is the theatrical version. And then on November 12th, the extended version with 30 minutes of additional footage added to the film. :)

MTFBWY and HH!

Jar Jar Binks
So what is the breakdown of features of both sets?

Beast
07-22-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
So what is the breakdown of features of both sets?
You can find all the info you ever wanted to know about the LOTR:FOTR DVD releases in the following thread. Can't wait for August 6th, so the DVD can keep me occupied until November 12 with the Extended Cut. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5386

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-22-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Hey everyone...
Does Faramir bother of Borimir have a important role in Two Towers?
Thanks.:) Does anyone know the awnser to this?

Mandalorian Candidat
07-22-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Will the next Lord Of The Rings film be as long as the last. Because I thought it was too long and I was so relieved when it finished!

Relieved in more than one way, Porky? ;)

Geonosian, just to answer your question...Yes he does, but even more so in Return of the King. I hope I was vague enough for you. :D

scruffziller
07-23-2002, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
By the time the LOTR trilogy is done, with it's 4 hour long extended DVDs, it'll be the same length as the Star Wars saga in half the movies. A little over twelve hours. :D

By the way, here's the new teaser poster...
Hey what is with the little white paint smear with the little speck in the middle. It looks like a little Pac-Man going to eat the tower.:D

Geonosian
07-23-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat


Relieved in more than one way, Porky? ;)

Geonosian, just to answer your question...Yes he does, but even more so in Return of the King. I hope I was vague enough for you. :D So he survivers Two Towers. Cool. But Iam not sure if hes at Helms deep.

bigbarada
07-26-2002, 02:25 AM
Oops, sorry about the Gandalf spoiler.:o

Yes, Faramir does play a major part in the story, I really don't want to give out any more spoilers though.

So, there is nothing on Treebeard, what about Gollum? How's he turning out?

Geonosian
07-26-2002, 03:07 AM
His ears are bigger.

pthfnder89
07-27-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Oops, sorry about the Gandalf spoiler.:o

Yes, Faramir does play a major part in the story, I really don't want to give out any more spoilers though.


A lot more people seem to have seeem tests and footage of Gollum than Treebeard, and eveything I've heard so far has been possitive.

Considering the small, but very realistic shots of him in FOTR, I think he's going to be great.

And his voice, at least, is absolutely perfect.