PDA

View Full Version : OT:AE in Theatres?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-20-2002, 01:42 PM
Are they going to show the Archival Editions of the movies in theatres, or just straight to DVD with 'em?

Pendo
07-20-2002, 02:02 PM
As far as I know it is straight to DVD. Which is unfortunate to those who don't have a DVD player because I don't think they'll be on VHS either.

PENDO!

Beast
07-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Well, DVD Players are now actually out selling VHS machines by a wide margin. So by the time the archival editions get released, most people will own players anyway. Heck, you can get a good DVD player now for about $100. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-20-2002, 05:08 PM
Oh poo . . . I wanted to see them again in theaters!

Deckard Smith
07-21-2002, 03:04 AM
What are Archival Editions?

Pendo
07-21-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Deckard Smith
What are Archival Editions?

It's sort of a Super Special Edition! George is adding yet MORE material to the OT movies for the DVD. It is rumored that Padmé will be in ROTJ, the old 'Chimp Lady' Emperor will be replaced with Ian McDiarmid in ESB, Jar Jar will be in ANH and before Alderaan is destroyed it will show Bail Organa on the planet looking rather worried! They're just rumors but it has been confirmed that extra footage will be making it's way to the OT DVDs!

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-21-2002, 02:41 PM
Jar Jar in ANH? Oh come on. I like the guy, but I have my limits. Now I wouldn't mind if he had a small part like Boba Fett did in ANH:SE, but if he goes along with Luke and Han, just, well, come on.

Pendo
07-21-2002, 03:02 PM
He WON'T be going along with Han and Luke. I heard that he would be seen on the Death Star? In a way I hope he is on the Death Star, as long as it blows up with him on it.

PENDO!

Beast
07-21-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
He WON'T be going along with Han and Luke. I heard that he would be seen on the Death Star? In a way I hope he is on the Death Star, as long as it blows up with him on it.
PENDO!
If Jar Jar doesn't die in EIII, and is added to the Archival ANH DVD, he will likely be added to the scenes of Alderaan with Bail Organa. Right before the Death Star destroys the planet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 04:29 PM
Maybe Jar Jar was in the Death Star detention block. They never did show who was in there besides Leia...:D

Pendo
07-22-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

If Jar Jar doesn't die in EIII, and is added to the Archival ANH DVD, he will likely be added to the scenes of Alderaan with Bail Organa. Right before the Death Star destroys the planet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Good thinking JJB, then he'll die sooner :evil:

PENDO!

master jedi
07-23-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Pendo

It is rumored that Padmé will be in ROTJ,

I think I read somewhere that Natalie Portman denied the fact that she was going to shoot any footage for RotJ. I hope she was kidding.

Pendo
07-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
I think I read somewhere that Natalie Portman denied the fact that she was going to shoot any footage for RotJ. I hope she was kidding.

I hope she wasn't kidding, I don't know how GWL could put her in ROTJ without messing up the saga.

I also remember John Williams confirming that he will be re-doing some of the music in ANH and will put the Imperial March in it.

PENDO!

scruffziller
07-24-2002, 10:05 AM
Maybe Jar Jar will be floating in space.

Pendo
07-24-2002, 10:12 AM
Jar Jar will be sitting with Han in the cantina, and when Greedo shoots first he misses Han and hits Jar Jar :D.

PENDO!

scruffziller
07-24-2002, 10:36 AM
Maybe it will be JarJar that gets his arm sliced off instead of Ponda Boba.

wedgeA
07-24-2002, 05:10 PM
If Jar Jar is going to be added in ANH, I would love to see him in the cantina as Luke and Ben enter, getting tanked and screaming "woe is me", as he wallows in guilt and self pity over his actions.

tagmac
07-24-2002, 11:34 PM
Of those ideas, re-doing the ESB scene of the Emperor with Ian McDiarmid is the only one that makes sense. I think that would be a great idea, and would fix the continuity. It never bothered me before, but with the prequels out, the ESB Emperor just doesn't work anymore (and the voice is too damn friendly - McDiarmid has that "pure evil" voice down perfectly).

jjreason
08-03-2002, 06:08 PM
Id like to see them again in the theatre. If they're adding lots for the DVD's maybe the movies would show in the digital theatres like AOTC did (too bad I never saw it that way). That would be great, and worth the money. I have a three year old daughter that asks repeatedly to see "Lukey" when we go to the theatre.
Hook us up, G. Lu.!