PDA

View Full Version : Acklay and Deluxe Anakin: Recommended Buying?

Dexter
07-20-2002, 03:35 PM
I haven't seen the Acklay yet at all, and I never even looked at a Deluxe Anakin... but I got my Deluxe Nexu today, and now I know beyond a doubt that I'll buy the Arena playset for him.

I bought the Reek, but I think he's really awful and a waste of money. Is the Acklay much better than him?

Also, I'm interested in the Deluxe Anakin. Why? Because I saw a picture of that severed Geonosian, which is incredibly enticing. Is the Deluxe Anakin w/ Mutilated Geonosian any good/worth the purchase?

KingOfSting
07-20-2002, 03:52 PM
well, i dont know about the acklay as i dont have it, but i just bought deluxe anakin last night. the geonosian is great to add a little variation to your displays, and it stays together pretty well..oh and it can actually stand, so thats a plus. anakin on the other hand...well, he sucks. his slashing gimmick doesnt do ****, his vest thing is too big and his face is just horrendous. he looks like a doped up, and ****ed off oscar the grouch...and the lightsaber blades cant be removed from the hilts...not to mention that his head is glued on and his arms can only be moved across his chest for the slashing gimmick...so do i reccommend the deluxe anakin with lacerated geonosian warrior? yeah, if only for the geo warrior and the extra lightsabers

Jek Porky 2002
07-21-2002, 07:11 AM
I've seen them both,
Anakin: Shoddy, very shoddy, not really a deluxe figure at all it's just two figures together, he has two lightsabers, which is wearing a bit thin now thankyou Hasbro, and a thin plastic robe that looks like masking tape.

The Nexu on the other hand is stunning, nuff said! Although I think that it belongs more in the beast line with a pack in.

So Anakin NO
Nexu YES

hango fett
07-21-2002, 08:48 AM
do not get anikan deluxe! he is the worst deluxe avalibale. do get aklay though. from what i hear, he is pretty cool!

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 09:23 AM
Yeah, hango's right...now all I need to do is actually find an acklay...:D

hango fett
07-21-2002, 09:29 AM
of course i'm right! ;) just kiding!

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 10:49 AM
No, it's okay...I don't think you and I have ever been wrong! ;)

jdmarlow
07-21-2002, 10:51 AM
I would love to be able to find both, PERIOD. I would certainly buy them if I found them. Nexu looks cool.

Jek Porky 2002
07-21-2002, 04:30 PM
I feel so embarresed, I thought you meant the Nexu and not the Acklay, sorry!

Count Dooku
07-21-2002, 06:09 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about, the Deluxe Anakin is amazing. The detail on the guts of the sliced and diced Geonosian is very cool. This is actually the best deluxe out of any of them (although I like the Mace too). Get it for sure.