PDA

View Full Version : Does Hasbro reall think the Endor Soldier isn't half-way through its lifespan yet?

Dexter
07-20-2002, 05:02 PM
I remember hearing that Hasbro wouldn't be releasing the new-face Endor Rebel Soldier until they feel that they're exactly half-way through the span of time where the figure is profitable...

I don't mean to complain, but I'm not sure if the Endor Rebel Soldier is still profitable now. I haven't seen a Masiff in over a month. Qui-Gonn and Orn Free Taa sell consistently, and I only usually see one or two at a time--if any. So how do I know how many boxes of Collection 2 a store has received...? Just count the Endor Rebel Soldiers!

I swear that my Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Target, and Kay-Bee toy stores are all FLOODED with Endor Rebel Soldiers! If it's possible, I think there might be more of them on the pegs than GR Mace Windus and Final Battle Jangos...! :eek:

If Hasbro thinks this figure still hasn't even reached HALF his lifespan now, Toys R Us will have to start filling the portable pools with Star Wars figures again, because in a couple months we're going to be swimming in both versions of the Endor Rebel Soldier! :D

Anyone agree with me?

rynobot
07-20-2002, 05:17 PM
I do, the rebel alliance sent their troops to the wrong place.

Rogue II
07-20-2002, 05:27 PM
Well, this is good news for the Army Builders. I've bought 2 and might pick up a 3rd if I see it at the KMart sale $3.49 sale.

I will probably do a head swap with the peg-warming clearance Besping Guard I got. Their hats fit well on each other. I just wish the ERS arms were a little more poseable. But I like him anyway.

Dar' Argol
07-20-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Dexter
If Hasbro thinks this figure still hasn't even reached HALF his lifespan now, Toys R Us will have to start filling the portable pools with Star Wars figures again, because in a couple months we're going to be swimming in both versions of the Endor Rebel Soldier! :D

No, it not that at all. Its the fact that Tom Green is still paying Hasbro to have his likeness out . Until Tom runs out of :greedy: it will be the only version we see!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

There goes that HORSE again!!

HaHA HA ahahah ah h ha . . . . .. . . . ha . . . . . . . . . . . . . I thought it was funny:crazed:

Rogue II
07-20-2002, 06:02 PM
Are they going to change anything besides the goatee?

Dar' Argol
07-20-2002, 06:11 PM
The new version will be the "clean shaven" version. He's losing the goatee and that is it. Well, al least to my knowledge. JarJar would have a difinitive answer for you though. But I think that is all they are doing.

LTBasker
07-20-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

No, it not that at all. Its the fact that Tom Green is still paying Hasbro to have his likeness out . Until Tom runs out of :greedy: it will be the only version we see!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

There goes that HORSE again!!

HaHA HA ahahah ah h ha . . . . .. . . . ha . . . . . . . . . . . . . I thought it was funny:crazed:

You know that wouldn't exactly be a bad thing cause well... it'd put Tom Green out of business for awhile. :p

The Endor soldier rocks, so I don't really mind the flood of them here, especially with the low prices. I've got 7 right now, 6 for opening. I'm hoping to pick up more for an Endor Diorama and a Rebel Base diorama.

sith_killer_99
07-20-2002, 07:39 PM
I gotta go with majority on this one.

I am more than happy to see "Army Builders" warming pegs.

They may sit around for months, but then some guy decides he needs 10 Clonetroopers, Endor Rebel Soldiers, Royal Guards, etc.

To tell the truth I wish Hasbro would crank out solid cases of their Army Builders.

I like the idea of being able to go into TRU, KB, etc. and being able to find an AT-ST Driver or some other cool Army Builder figure. Collectors, kids and diorama builders are always interested in these figures.

That is why I NEVER complain when I still find the old FF ERS hanging on the pegs.;)

rynobot
07-20-2002, 09:18 PM
I don't remember anyone saying they were unhappy.

plo koon 200
07-20-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
The new version will be the "clean shaven" version. He's losing the goatee and that is it. Well, al least to my knowledge. JarJar would have a difinitive answer for you though. But I think that is all they are doing.

I've seen both versions at C2. They have an entirely different head sculpt. But, yes it does not have a goatee but it is a different likeness.

sith_killer_99
07-21-2002, 11:19 AM
KEWL, thanx PK!

jdmarlow
07-21-2002, 11:41 AM
Why even release 2 different sculpts of an Endor Rebel soldier? If they wanted to make different ones for army builders then they could release an accessory set with 2-3 different sculpts and for $9.99 or something. I don't like the idea of having two different individually carded Endor Rebel Soldiers. Didn't we already get one on Freeze Frame?