PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Games

Rogue II
07-20-2002, 05:18 PM
I have a PS2. Right now the newest Pro-Wrestling Game I have is Smackdown! 2.

Should I pick up PS2 Smackdown 3 for $25 or wait until the next one comes out? I'm not a huge wrestling fan, but I enjoy the games.

QLD
07-21-2002, 03:51 AM
Well, I am a huge fan of good wrestling games, but i do not usually care for the Smackdown series.

I much prefer the N64 series, and would honestly, recommend getting a N64 and WWF No Mercy, which would be about the same price as buying the newest Smackdown game.

Also, the new Gamecube WWE Wrestlemania X8 is out, and it is pretty good. It could have been better, but Ilike it a lot more than Smackdown.

I have heard Legends of Wrestling is good, but I have not played it yet.

Rogue II
07-21-2002, 08:25 AM
I have the N64, but it is sitting in the closet. I bought a used one so I could play SOTE and Rogue Squadron.

Does No Mercy let you create wrestlers, tag teams, etc? For example, is it possible to make the NWO or Hulk Hogan?

QLD
07-22-2002, 12:09 PM
Yes, you can create wrestlers in No Mercy. It has probably the best create a player options available. You won't be able to have any nWo t-shirts, but you can create the wrestlers themselves. Of course, none of them are around now, but you could. But I made a GREAT Hogan on there....Flair and Macho Man too. Also made a decent RVD.

Rogue II
07-22-2002, 12:13 PM
I picked up a used copy for $20. Of course it didn't have directions, so I'm fumbling thru some things. I'm still getting used to the controls. I found a couple websites that tell you how to make wrestlers. So far I have Hulk Hogan and Booker T. I downloaded directions for a bunch more.

Thanks for the reccomendation.

billfremore
07-22-2002, 12:18 PM
Rogue 2 I would suggest avoiding Smackdown 3.
The graphics and gameplay are great, but that excellent storyline you get in Smackdown 2 is gone in 3.

I suggest waiting for Smackdown 4 this fall, it sounds like it will be most excellent.

Rogue II
07-22-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
Rogue 2 I would suggest avoiding Smackdown 3.
The graphics and gameplay are great, but that excellent storyline you get in Smackdown 2 is gone in 3.

I suggest waiting for Smackdown 4 this fall, it sounds like it will be most excellent.

Thanks. The reviews I read we not very clear on Smackdown 3. They liked some things, but didn't like others. I just read about 4 coming out this fall. It sounds like it will be cool, but I'll wait and see. In the meantime, I'll play No Mercy.

I might still play Smackdown 2, but it seems so much slower than No Mercy. There seems to be so much waiting for the videos to load and if you don't pick a wrestler that is ranked high, you don't wrestle very often. And it seems like it is taking forever to unlock all of the "Unknown" wrestlers.

I did just unlock the Unknown move list that belongs to Hulk Hogan, so it is getting more interesting again. He's pretty cool. I think I made a mistake when I created Booker T and Scott Hall. One of the interfere in every one of my matches. I think I need to re-read that FAQ on the website I found on creating wrestlers.

QLD
07-22-2002, 01:05 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com has a lot of good suggestions for creating wrestlers for No Mercy.

evenflow
07-23-2002, 11:24 AM
I was dissapointed with the Gamecube WWE game. I hope the next one is much better.

Rogue II
07-23-2002, 12:54 PM
I love the games for Sega Genesis. I can't remember if it was Raw or Royal Rumble. We played the heck out of those games.

I always used Bret Hart and the Undertaker. My friend used Razor Ramon, Lex Luger, and Diesel. We always thought the 1-2-3 Kid was aptly named since he usually didn't last more than 3 seconds in the royal rumble. There was also Yokazuma, Owen Hart, Doink, Luna, and a couple others. I may have to hook up the old Sega and play it. Ahhh, memories.

QLD
07-23-2002, 09:30 PM
I was never a fan of the Royal Rumble or genesis & SNES wrestling games. I always preferred Pro Wrestling on NES.

And I hope the next Gamecube WWE game will be much better!

Lobito
07-31-2002, 09:50 PM
Wrestling games...i love them, even though i liked older wrestling games better. I have a N64 wrestling game...NCW...something. And it was a great dissapointment...i hope the next generation wrestling games are better...(GC, PS2...Etc.)

BoShek
07-31-2002, 11:09 PM
No Mercy is the best game ever! I made dozens of wrestlers! I had millions of matches!

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 is also a great game for the dead N64 (but it is Japanese).

Wait until the fall for the new Smackdown or get Smackdown 3 for $15 at Blockbuster like I did. It is not worth $25 but $15 isn't that bad.

Anyone get Legends of Pro Wrestling? I did. What a waste. But the sequal looks much better!

QLD
07-31-2002, 11:57 PM
No Mercy = God of wrestling games

Rogue II
08-01-2002, 11:25 AM
Well, I've been playing No Mercy for a couple weeks now. It's pretty cool. I'm about to unlock Shawn Michaels. I've been playing the heck out of Survival Mode. I've almost have the 50,000 I need to buy him.

I've created a bunch of wrestlers. I found a few CAW websites that give you movelists and appearances.

I still haven't mastered it yet. I'm having trouble doing the "Special Moves."

QLD
08-01-2002, 06:45 PM
I unlocked everything but the Ho!

The easiest way to unlock wrestlers is playing the Royal Rumble. If you eliminate them, you get them.

El Chuxter
08-01-2002, 06:48 PM
Does anyone remember Tag Team for the NES? That game rules!

BoShek
08-01-2002, 11:18 PM
No Ho for me either. Man, she's expensive!

QLD
08-01-2002, 11:20 PM
Tag Team Wrestling? I have that for my NES. The grappling system was weird, and the graphics were crappy for their time. But it was kind of fun. No match for Pro Wrestling though.

scruffziller
08-19-2002, 08:03 AM
Remember the original NES Wrestlemania. And the major improvement on the same system by a lesser company-LJN
Cage Match!!. I Liked N64 WAR ZONE. I like it for the wrestler customazation feature!!! You can make Bill CLinton with nothing but underware and a tie.:D I also was able to make an uncanny I MEAN UNCANNY!!!!!! likeness of best friend on that game too.

Rogue II
08-19-2002, 02:02 PM
Ok, now that I've been playing No Mercy for N64 for about a month now, I can say it is the best wrestling game I have played. I found some websites that tell you how to make all of the new wrestlers and update the existing. I still need to figure out how to do some moves, but I'm getting better.

Some of the challanges in the career mode are hard, but that's what makes it fun. I haven't played all of the match types yet because I've been doing the Survival mode to earn cash and the Career mode to unlock a few more wrestlers. I have yet to do a ladder match and a table match.

QLD
08-19-2002, 02:29 PM
Ladder matches suck against the computer, but against live opponents, they are GREAT!

thespar
09-05-2002, 11:57 PM
legends of wrestling is a good game once you leaner how to work everything. i can not wait for low2 to come out.

QLD
09-06-2002, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I am looking forward to giving LOW2 a try. I had hopes for the first one, but it just let me down.

BoShek
09-07-2002, 08:26 PM
LOW2 will be a great game!