PDA

View Full Version : some thoughts on the Saga Ki-Adi Mundi

gsr-jedi
07-20-2002, 04:57 PM
just got him and I think he looks great. I know some people complained that it's the same sculpt as the E1 (and it is), but it has been repainted.

I like the paint on the new one better, the only real difference is the sleeves and the head. His right arm is articulated at the elbow and wrist. That alone makes it better than the E1 version. The articulation allows him to pose with his lightsaber rather than just standing with his arms straight out. And speaking of his new lightsaber, I like the metal hilt better. Both versions pretty much have generic hilts, but I like the look of the shiny metal one. Plus, since the "beam" of the lightsaber comes out, now he can hold just his hilt.

I wish that his left arm was articulated like the right, so he could hold the lightsaber with both hands. Other than that I think the new one rocks. Better than the E1, cause the articulated arm allows for more playability and poseability.

Capitan_Moroni
07-20-2002, 05:03 PM
Thats nice...I'm gonna go eat Mayonaise..

AmanaMatt
07-23-2002, 04:49 PM
I just got the new figure, and though it is more recycled than not, I find it to be a vast improvement over the Ep I version. The main reason can be attributed to the much improved paint job, you can see the eyes on the new one whereas with the Ep I version, there was much too much purple paint around the eyes. I like the new right arm, which is better than nothing new.

My Saga version one stands much, much better; I never could get my EP I version to stand in a normal pose on its own.

Saga gets a: B+

Ep I version: C

JEDIpartner
08-14-2002, 06:02 PM
If you have the E1 version... you can pass on this one- Unless you are a completist or hated the first one. If both elbows had been articulated, this would have been something to write home about. Sadly, that's not the case and we are left with a more detailed version of the E1 figure with a new right arm.

pthfnder89
08-16-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
If you have the E1 version... you can pass on this one- Unless you are a completist or hated the first one. If both elbows had been articulated, this would have been something to write home about. Sadly, that's not the case and we are left with a more detailed version of the E1 figure with a new right arm.

I really liked the EP1 version but I had always wished he had more articulation. One arm is better than none so I'll definitely pick him up. :)

Beast
08-16-2002, 05:07 PM
Well, the reason they only articulated the one arm, is because they made him scene specific to the when Mace, Yoda, and Ki are escaping the arena in one of the gunships. Ki-Adi-Mundi is deflecting ground fire with his lightsaber, and he's only using one hand. So I'm not to upset about it either. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
08-21-2002, 09:28 PM
Don't mean to get of topic, but I believe Mace was also deflecting gunfire in that scene with one arm/hand.

pthfnder89
08-22-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock
Don't mean to get of topic, but I believe Mace was also deflecting gunfire in that scene with one arm/hand.

Yes, Mace was also deflecting fire. Which is probably why Geonosian Rescue Mace has very similar articulation to Ki adi.

Prince Xizor
08-22-2002, 02:35 PM
Yeah but Mace wasn't screaming like a retard in that scene, so why did Hasblow screw with his face?

Darth Evil
08-22-2002, 03:24 PM
To annoy us. Now they're sitting in their office, laughing.

TylerD
08-22-2002, 07:12 PM
LOL......

Prince Xizor
08-27-2002, 11:43 AM
They seem to annoy us a lot....