PDA

View Full Version : What are you listening to?

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 06:52 PM
If you listen to music while browsing these forums, what is it?

rynobot
07-20-2002, 07:06 PM
I watch TV while browsing the forums.

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 07:10 PM
I'm listening to the Black Hawk Down soundtrack. :D

LTBasker
07-20-2002, 07:19 PM
The internal smacking of my gum...

The tv...

WINAMP's not reinstalled yet. :cry:

Dar' Argol
07-20-2002, 07:38 PM
Usually its Eminem, Lords of Acid, Disturbed, or one of my 6 mixed CDs:D

LTB, What happened to your WINAMP???

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 07:41 PM
Something bad must have happened to he had to reinstall it, of course!!! :D (Sorry if that sounded sarcastic) :p

187-Maul
07-20-2002, 07:52 PM
well I lsten to my hip hop saved list on winamp:D includind D-Flame, Samy Deluxe, J-Luv etc. which are all german and some JLO, Nas, QB's Finest, Mobb Deep, Nelly etc. but most of you guys don't listen to hiphop so you won't know them anyways I guess

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-20-2002, 10:56 PM
I listen to mostly instrumental soundtrack music. Helps me focus while I'm online.

DarthBrandon
07-20-2002, 11:00 PM
I listen and watch T.V. while I'm browsing the forums, MTV Hip Hop to be exact.

Nexu
07-21-2002, 12:22 AM
If anything, then SoaD, or Powerman 5000, or Earshot, or anything else that was worth the 10-15 mins per son to get. :frus:

MikeAndTheBots
07-21-2002, 12:25 AM
Basically what's ever on my playlist (it has all my mp3's on it). I usually end up skipping to a good Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins or Foo Fighters song.

Jacen Solo
07-21-2002, 01:16 AM
I listen to Eve 6 and Jimmy Eat World

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-21-2002, 01:24 AM
As I type this, I am currently listening to R.E.M.'s "Man on the Moon" available courtesy of Kazaa. I don't own a CD burner so the file plays right off my computer.

Thank god for cribbing songs off the net. I don't now how much money it would cost me to get all the songs I have downloaded, but I would estimate hundreds of dollars. And if did by the CDs I would get a lot of filler songs that I don't need (sound like a Time-Life CD collection offer?) I want to get a burner but that would be too much of a luxury for me.

Switches to King Harvest "Dancing in the Moonlight."

bigbarada
07-21-2002, 01:48 AM
I listen to a lot of soundtrack music (LOTR, Titanic, Glory, Braveheart, etc.) and some Celtic import CD's that I picked up overseas.

As for mainstream music: Elvis, Carpenters, Simon & Garfunkel, America, Buffalo Springfield, Isley Brothers, Righteous Brothers, Bob Dylan, CCR, etc. The classics.:)

figrin bran
07-21-2002, 02:07 AM
today it was wilco's "yankee hotel foxtrot" and pavement's "slanted and enchanted"

Pendo
07-21-2002, 07:59 AM
I just put on The Box on tv while browsing the forums. If I'm in a really BIG Star Wars mood, like it's the week before the new film is released I usually put on my Star Wars soundtracks while browsing.

PENDO!

Forhekset
07-21-2002, 08:19 AM
Lately I've been listening to the new KMFDM album "ATTAK" as much as possible, as well as Pitch Shifter's "P.S.I." and "www.pitchshifter.com".

By the way, you guys downloading your music off Kazaa need to support the bands you really like by buying their CDs, especially the lesser known bands or bands on smaller record labels. Kazaa is fine for sampling a band's music, or for downloading the only song you like off one album so you don't have to buy the entire CD, but if you really enjoy an artist, support him and go buy his or her CDs, you dirty music thieves. :D

Jargo
07-21-2002, 09:50 AM
I'm currently listening to an album of Indian dance music. Beats from the Indian subcontinent with a dance fusion stylee. Bhangra is well cool. I urge all of you to seek out a rap outfit called Asian Dub Foundation. Can't think of an album title off the top of my head since this is a five second post but they are really cool and refreshingly different to all the usual bland black (c)rap outfits we're subjected to these days. I was looking for a saviour for rap and I think the Indian rap scene is the best place to go. Also try out Bollywood Dance fusion stuff. Those Indian beats with a western slant are so funky you'll finfd your tush shakin' without realising . Seriously addictive. :)

187-Maul
07-21-2002, 01:42 PM
yeah thank god for mp3s
I don't have kazaa myself, I usualy download from other normal mp3sites
I have about 1000 mp3s on my pc (but still buy alot of cds, so don't say I don't support the bands)
mostly I download cause cds here in france cost about 20$ and that's really too much so I have to buy them in germany or order them and I don't want to do that that often

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 02:23 PM
I barely have a dozen CDs, and at most 5 mp3's on my PC. :D

DARTH DUBIOUS
07-21-2002, 05:31 PM
Oh yeah? Well I've got like twenty million CD's on my hard drive and like six million MP3's and like two million full movies! And my computer is a state of the art Nasa built machine that uses a 100 terrahertz processor and I mainframe off the whole of the worlds government computers and I'm patched into every police department and military establishment. I have the e-mail addresses of every hollywood star there is and I'm married to Natalie Portman And my Dad's bigger than your Dad so there. :zzz:

QLD
07-21-2002, 05:40 PM
I usually listen to 80's music. Either from the many MP3's I have, or from some of the various 80's radio stations available online.

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by DARTH DUBIOUS
Oh yeah? Well I've got like twenty million CD's on my hard drive and like six million MP3's and like two million full movies! And my computer is a state of the art Nasa built machine that uses a 100 terrahertz processor and I mainframe off the whole of the worlds government computers and I'm patched into every police department and military establishment. I have the e-mail addresses of every hollywood star there is and I'm married to Natalie Portman And my Dad's bigger than your Dad so there. :zzz:

When I said I had hardly any CD's and MP3's, that's all I was saying, was that I had less than you. Holy crap, what is your problem? You sound like you are in desperate need of a swift kick in the a*s...or maybe just having your mouth pulled out of it...because that's where you seem to be talking from.

MikeAndTheBots
07-21-2002, 07:52 PM
Anyway, might I add that although I have almost a gig of mp3's, I already own all of them on CD. Unless its some hard to ind b-side or something, that's a bit different.

187-Maul
07-21-2002, 08:07 PM
deadeye, I think Darth Dubious meant me with that reply (cause I said I have about 1000 mp3s) and I have no idea what his intention was with that
I just said that I have a lot of mp3s (really about 1000) and didn't mean to brag or anything, just saying that mp3s are cool and I download a lot of them

oh and BTW, I like your avatar Darth Dubious
could you maybe post it here, I'm a really big fan of Darth Maul:)

rynobot
07-21-2002, 08:46 PM
I have zero Mp3s.

DeadEye
07-21-2002, 09:48 PM
187-Maul, then why would he have mentioned Natalie Portman if he was talking about you? I'm the guy on the forums that's notorious for knowing her...;) :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-21-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
Lately I've been listening to the new KMFDM album "ATTAK" as much as possible, as well as Pitch Shifter's "P.S.I." and "www.pitchshifter.com".

By the way, you guys downloading your music off Kazaa need to support the bands you really like by buying their CDs, especially the lesser known bands or bands on smaller record labels. Kazaa is fine for sampling a band's music, or for downloading the only song you like off one album so you don't have to buy the entire CD, but if you really enjoy an artist, support him and go buy his or her CDs, you dirty music thieves. :D

I have been using Kazaa a lot lately, even though I've had it for roughly a year. I don't consider myself an abuser or a rampant music pirate. I have downloaded probably 15 songs at the most from Kazaa, many of them one-hit wonder songs that would be nearly impossible for me to track down. Plus, I only play the songs off my computer. You won't see burning them onto CDs (mainly cuz I lack a burner). I have over 110 store bought CDs, a rather modest collection for someone like me who's not too old, so I do reluctantly support the music industry who gouges the average consumer.

BTW, I am playing Alive and Kicking's "A Little Bit Tighter"

Shawappa-Chewbacca
07-22-2002, 12:13 PM
When I listen to music it's usually stuff that fits my mood. I've been in a bad mood lately, so I've been bounching back & forth between sad R&B songs (like "Ain't It Funny" by J-Lo and "Underneath Your Clothes" by Shakiria) and songs that make me ****ed (like "Angry Chair" by Alice In Chains and "Pretty Flower" by Salt Horse).

billfremore
07-22-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
187-Maul, then why would he have mentioned Natalie Portman if he was talking about you? I'm the guy on the forums that's notorious for knowing her...;) :D

Whoa, easy Deadeye, unclench.
You're starting to sound paranoid.:D

I prefer to listen to a huge mix of music, I'm currently hooked on Amber by 311.

Jedi Knightrider
07-22-2002, 12:25 PM
One of my friends is all about that new 311 song.

My music tastes are all over the place, but right now the two songs that are constantly playing on my 'puter are "Sweetness" by Jimmy Eat World and "Wonderful" by Stone Temple Pilots.

mabudonicus
07-22-2002, 12:29 PM
Darth Dubious?? Haven't seen you around for a while. Glad to know you're still witty as ever. Sorry about our "encounter" in the past, I've learned a lot lately. I laughed my butt off at that post, thanks:)!!
Who'd a thunk you'd get that kind of reaction.....
Anyways, I've been listeneng to the new MANOWAR album, "warriors of the world", and it rules.
Jargo- bhangra is AWESOME!! There's a new station called "sunshine 770" on the air here (outta TO I think), and they play all wacky music from all sorts of different places. The Bhangra kicks in around 7 pm, and I eat dinner to the nutty beats in my yard every night.
On an Ironic note, it's a Canadian station, playing world music, and when they sign off (they don't have a full schedule yet even) they play the "Star Spangled Banner". I CAN'T figure THAT one out for the life of me.....

El Chuxter
07-22-2002, 02:54 PM
I consider myself to have pretty eclectic tastes in music--basically anything that's good. I used to say no opera or (non-Cash)country, but my girlfriend's been exposing me to those genres and they're slowly growing on me.

Today I've listened to Elvis, Dave Matthews, and a compilation CD of Louisiana blues while online.

In the not too distant past (eg, the last week or so), I've listened to Frank Zappa, Def Leppard, Vanessa Carlton, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Etta James, Tom Waits, Bon Jovi, Weird Al, Jeff Beck, Aerosmith, Chicago, and--of course--my six mix CDs of Star Wars theme music.

Jonna
07-22-2002, 02:58 PM
The sounds of whatever humanity and common decency I have left being stripped away with an ice scraper! Oh, didn't I mention that I work for a pharmecutical company.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-22-2002, 03:07 PM
Right now for some reason I have the radio tuned to some station that only plays Thompson Twins and Erasure music from the 80's. Can I just say that I'm swiftly getting nauseous over hearing "Chains of Love" for the billionth time? :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
07-22-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
Basically what's ever on my playlist (it has all my mp3's on it). I usually end up skipping to a good Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins or Foo Fighters song.
Hey, what's your favorite Smashing Pumpkins album? They are totally one of my fav bands. Did you get the Greatest Hits CD? It's pretty good, with some good B-sides on disc 2.

Jedi Juice
07-23-2002, 09:21 PM
I usually listen to one of my honor band cd's or drum corps music while browsing the net. However, inside the car I listen to mainly rap.

MikeAndTheBots
07-23-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96

Hey, what's your favorite Smashing Pumpkins album? They are totally one of my fav bands. Did you get the Greatest Hits CD? It's pretty good, with some good B-sides on disc 2.
I didn't get either one yet. I like Mellincolie the best. Their albums after that weren't that great. Billy tried to act all Gothic but it didn't work right and their music got more mettalic. But they're earlier stuff is very very good in my opinion.

Jonna
07-23-2002, 09:58 PM
Right now I am at home and I have on the newest Apoptygma Berzerk album.

darthvader92
07-23-2002, 10:04 PM
I'm in to whatever mood I'm in.Creed,Korn,Rage Against the Machine,Nickleback.Can not wait until Shania's new cd comes out.

Needles
07-23-2002, 10:41 PM
I listen to System Of A Down while browsing the forums

Nexu
07-23-2002, 11:05 PM
What's you fav song? ;)

I'm listening to Powerman 5000, I just re-discovered Tonight the Stars Revolt. :D

Jargo
07-23-2002, 11:42 PM
I'm listening to___________________and my favourite track is__________________which is cool, because it's 4.44a.m here and if I put music on my partner will waken and smash my skull in with a blunt instrument... If I was listening to music it'd probably be AIR-Moon Safari or Jamiroqui-synkronized because they happen to be the only two CD's here by the PC. :)

Shawappa-Chewbacca
07-24-2002, 02:38 AM
Okay... I'm feeling better. I've got a plan now and it's a darn good one too. So now what I've been listening to comes mostly out of Columbus, Ohio. Many of these bands have friends I went to high school with, friends I've jammed with, friends I've partied with, and people I've met through these people. Bands like...

SALT HORSE - They are --in my opinion-- THE best band in Columbus, Ohio right now. They have a CD out called "The Best of Times" that is excellent! I especially like the songs "Pretty Flower," "Lovely Day," and "

GAUNT - They were --in my opinion-- the ALL-TIME greatest band ever to grace High Street. When I heard them for the first time, I thought to myself "If I could write songs, I'd wanna write these songs." Albums include "Yeah, Me Too," "Kryptonite," and "Bricks & Blackouts" among others. I also happen to be friends with the drummer, so I have some unreleased stuff I listen to also.

SEAN BEAL - A good friend of mine from a long time ago. Has been playing around Columbus since around 1992 with bands like FEVERSMILE, TRAIN MEETS TRUCK, BUSH LEAGUE ALL-STARS and BIG BACK FORTY. Also worked with former HAYNES BOYS singer/songwriter TIM EASTON. Did a song for the movie "Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigalo" called "Can't Smile Without You." Again, I have some unreleased stuff I listen to also.

There's also bands like...

HEX ON WHEELS (www.hexonwheels.com)
THE VELVETEENS
TIM EASTON (www.timeaston.com)
ESTE LOUDER
THOMAS JEFFERSON SLAVE APARTMENTS
NEW BOMB TURKS

and more... You can download a lot of these bands on AudioGalaxy or whatever. If you check any of them out, let me know what you think.

May the Force be with you...

figrin bran
07-24-2002, 03:09 AM
flaming lips - "yoshimi battles the pink robots"

Herby
07-24-2002, 08:46 AM
I've been listening to:

Cracker - Forever (Please notice Cracker does not mean Uncle Kracker, I consistenty get flamed by saying I like Cracker!)

Black Crowes - Lions

Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet

Willie Nelson - The Great Divide

scruffziller
07-24-2002, 10:55 AM
Eminem, Jamiroquai, Beastie Boys, Home Alone 1&2 soundtracks, and Enya.

Master Goeweins
07-24-2002, 10:14 PM
On any given day I might be listening to Archers of Loaf, Tom Waits, Kings of Convenience or Promise Ring.

But, everyday must have a little Louis Armstrong or I'm just not right.

Also, Johnny Cash, Pavement, Hawaiian Guitar, and Jurassic 5...

Shawappa-Chewbacca
07-25-2002, 01:08 AM
ALICE COOPER is always a good choice...!!! I LOVE Alice Cooper. He is one of my all-time favorites from WAY back. He's also the reason I'm not afraid of snakes. I remember watching Alice Cooper singing "Welcome To My Nightmare" and "School's Out" on The Muppet Show when I was a child. BILLION DOLLAR BABIES was one of the first four records I ever owned. Got it for my 4th birthday along with The Beatles "Abbey Road," Paul McCartney "McCartney" and KISS "Alive!" I haven't listened to BRUTAL PLANET yet though. Is that one any good? I hear nothing but good things about that album.

plasticfetish
07-25-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
If I was listening to music it'd probably be AIR-Moon Safari or ...

That's a very good one.
The pile of CDs on my desk includes a few AIR, some Kraftwerk, 3 or 4 Tom Waits, probably too many Radiohead, the new Moby (18) that I've now played to death, 5 or 6 David Bowie albums, 3 albums by NEU, Tubeway Army and a bunch of other stuff I bought from the "electronic" section at the Virgin Mega Store (because I'm too lazy to look for music any place else.)

Oh ... and I'm currently listening to the dull, sweet whirr of my air conditioner ... oh, how I hate summer.

Herby
07-25-2002, 09:51 AM
I really like Brutal Planet. The only people I've heard that didn't like it were the types that have a hard time accepting new music from older artists. It is heavier than his past stuff, but it also really good. KISS is great too, I have a bunch of their cd's.