PDA

View Full Version : Cinema Scene Compromise

Rogue II
07-20-2002, 08:30 PM
I loved many of those POTF2 Cinema Scenes. It was a great idea and it gave us collectors many background figures.

Now, while 3 was a good number it was difficult to package. They ended up being boxed and had a plastic floor for them to stand on.

What if Hasbro changed to 2 pack cinema scenes? They could be packaged and cost similar to Deluxe figures. The background (if any) could be printed on the card. Include a pair of stands for the figures. The whole thing would be similar to how the 4" GI Joe 2-packs are packaged. The cost would be lower that the POTF2 Cinema Scenes, which was one of the problems with that line.

The pairs could be:
Captian Antiles and Darth Vader
Gold Leader w/ Astromech Droid
Yavin Rebel Officer pair
Hoth Rebel Officer Pair
C-3PO with throne and 2 Ewoks
Imperial Dignitaries
Handmaiden Pairs
Jedi Council Pairs from EP1 and ATOC
not to mention all of the Cantina and Jabba Palace Aliens.

Would this work?

187-Maul
07-20-2002, 08:59 PM
it would be kinda cool having 2-packs but they should just release 2- AND 3-packs, depending on what scene and how many characters were in it
the 2-packs could be packed similar to the 25th anniversary figs

sith_killer_99
07-20-2002, 09:38 PM
Hasbro was on to this before. First they had the Obi-Wan Maul 2-pk for EP1 then they did the MOTDS 2-pk Vader and Maul. I had heard that they were planning more but decided not to push forward. I also heard that was why the MOTDS were so HTF. Hasbro stopped before the planned production numbers were made.

Anyway, I like the idea. Though I think they should do 3-pk boxed Cinema Scenes as well as the carded 2-pks.

DarthBrandon
07-20-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I loved many of those POTF2 Cinema Scenes. It was a great idea and it gave us collectors many background figures.

Now, while 3 was a good number it was difficult to package. They ended up being boxed and had a plastic floor for them to stand on.

What if Hasbro changed to 2 pack cinema scenes? They could be packaged and cost similar to Deluxe figures. The background (if any) could be printed on the card. Include a pair of stands for the figures. The whole thing would be similar to how the 4" GI Joe 2-packs are packaged. The cost would be lower that the POTF2 Cinema Scenes, which was one of the problems with that line.

The pairs could be:
Captian Antiles and Darth Vader
Gold Leader w/ Astromech Droid
Yavin Rebel Officer pair
Hoth Rebel Officer Pair
C-3PO with throne and 2 Ewoks
Imperial Dignitaries
Handmaiden Pairs
Jedi Council Pairs from EP1 and ATOC
not to mention all of the Cantina and Jabba Palace Aliens.

Would this work?

I like your thinking Rogue II.

This would be a good idea for kids and collectors alike. I would buy every one of the packs you suggested; all of your suggestions are good ideas for two packs. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of Imperial officers two packs as well, not to mention a three pack here and there also.

Eternal Padawan
07-21-2002, 12:03 PM
Figures released in multiple packs are invariably inferior to single carded figures. I would rather they put time and effort into a good Capt Antilles figure than halfass it into a two pack with yet ANOTHER Vader sculpt.

evenflow
07-22-2002, 10:02 AM
I could deal with 2-packs. Anything to get some firgures we wouldn't normally get.

Eternal Padawan
07-31-2002, 03:12 PM
if they were going to spend the effort of designing a new figure, theyd just as well ship it singularly then on a 2-pac.

ROLLO!

Jargo
07-31-2002, 04:09 PM
I've been going on and on about two packing figures since I started posting on these boards.

personally I'd like to see a new figure pack with an older army builder type figure. Say captain Antilles with a POTJ rebel fleet trooper. Admiral Ozzel with a POTJ Imperial officer. Queen Amidala (peace ceremony gown) with a Naboo Royal guard. Soft goods Emperor palpatine with a Royal guard...

That sort of thing. :happy:

JARGO!

Rogue II
07-31-2002, 06:03 PM
I like that idea....a new figure and a army builder. I like that idea.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-01-2002, 12:21 AM
I wouldn't mind 2-packs.:D

Eternal Padawan
08-01-2002, 07:01 AM
So, in order to build an army of army builders...you'd have to have an army of Antilles? or Ozzels? Or Amidalas?

ROLLO!
PS Shouldn't yours say DUBBO! ?? :)

Jargo
08-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Dubbo? Why on earth would I say Dubbo...?

I see your point about the army builders being in the wrong two packs. I really wouldn't want an army of spudme figures :eek:

But it was the principle behind the idea that was solid. If it was Captain Piett with resculpted legs at attention and the Imperial oficer would you buy that? And taint nothin' wrong with an army of Captain Antilles ifn youse consider that there had to be more than one captain in the rebel forces. I like his uniform,I'd buy ten if they made him. I'd be biting your hand off to get him if he came with a rebel fleet trooper and especially if it had a head variation....

JARGO!:cool:

Adam
08-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

What if Hasbro changed to 2 pack cinema scenes?

Man, and here I was hoping we'd get some mega cinema scenes like... Endor Ewok Trap. Endor Han, Luke, Chewie, 3PO, and R2-D2 all tangled up in an openable cargo net. Ahh.. wishful thinking.

:stupid: