PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Spider-Man figures?

DarthBrandon
07-20-2002, 09:36 PM
What do you think of the Spider-man action figures by Toy Biz?
I bought one for the little guy and I couldn’t believe how well the figure was done. It has at least 30 points of articulation with an excellent paint job, movement in the knees, the arms, the toes, the fingers, the wrists, the legs, the neck, the head, the chest, the waist, the ankles, the shoulders, the thighs, etc etc. You can put this figure in any position.

By far one the best figures I've ever come across. I wish Hasbro could do this with the 3 3/4 Star Wars figures. This is just awesome.

What's your opinion?

Jango Jett
07-20-2002, 09:46 PM
I like them a lot ! I think they are excellent figures, the articulation is the best Ive ever seen on a figure of this size,
ussually only 12" figures like by DRAGON or 21C have that type of
articulation, they remind me of miniature super soldiers.

SWAFMAN
07-20-2002, 10:12 PM
I think what counts is not what I think (although I like them), but what my son thinks. I got him the battle ravaged spidey & the goblin with the flying thing. My son loves them. I looked at the spiderman, and the poseability is excellent with all the articulation points.

DarthBrandon
07-20-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
I think what counts is not what I think (although I like them), but what my son thinks. I got him the battle ravaged spidey & the goblin with the flying thing. My son loves them. I looked at the spiderman, and the poseability is excellent with all the articulation points.

Can't keep my son away from his figures, he just loves them as well.

JediTricks
07-21-2002, 04:10 AM
Ever since I saw the first Spider-Man Classics Spider-Man figure, I knew I was in love. That was the figure I was waiting for all my life, and the only way it could have gotten better was when the movie figure came out with even MORE articulation (mid-bicep and ankle tilt). I am at heart an articulation fanatic, I think that figures like SMC and Stikfas are what make having toys fun (my Stifas fig spent 3 months in a no-assist one-handed spidey-leap pose on my desk), they allow maximum imaginative play/display. As a kid, I was always pushing my GI Joes to the extremes, I broke a lot of o-rings and thumbs and more than a few shoulders to get just the right pose. Star Wars figures were so stiff and neutral, they were fair representations of the characters but lacked a range of freedom that my imagination desperately craved. Figures like Spider-Man, Stikfas, Marvel Legends Iron Man and Captain America, even the more limited Gundam figures from Bandai (still way more articulated than SW) - they're all the spice of toy-life, they're the variety that makes play and display fun.

conli olper
07-21-2002, 06:04 AM
ive got my super posable spidey with gargoyle ledge right here by my computer. this figure rocks.

187-Maul
07-21-2002, 12:48 PM
I got the superposeable spiderman and put him up on the gargoyle ledge and he rocks!

conli olper
07-21-2002, 12:53 PM
heh, hang on, did i double post there?

187-Maul
07-21-2002, 12:59 PM
I didn't know what to call the gargoyle thing so I just used you're description and it looks like we have the same oppinion about it:D

DarthBrandon
07-21-2002, 06:04 PM
My son has his hanging from the wall under the Daily Bugle sign. One of the best action figures to date just like JediTricks said I've been waiting a long time for something like this and now I can enjoy this through my son.

jjreason
07-21-2002, 07:23 PM
I have an older SpiderMan figures with the articulation above the waist, wrists, ankles, you name it. Super figure. I haven't bought any new marvel toys in so long....Im scared Id get re-addicted to something I don't want to have to afford right now.
All in all, Im not totally happy with Toy Biz, many of their figures that I have purchased are painted sloppily and the features usually don't work.

DarthBrandon
07-21-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
All in all, Im not totally happy with Toy Biz, many of their figures that I have purchased are painted sloppily and the features usually don't work.

Well all I have to say is maybe you got a bad batch, cause the ones I have are kick a** figures. I couldn't be any happier with these action figures, than I already am.

JediTricks
07-22-2002, 01:37 AM
JJReason, isn't that "Super Poseable Spider-Man" from the Spider-Man animated line from '96? A pretty good figure, but I *think* they gaffed the figure's mask and gave it the "wide-mouth" problem. Other than that, a great figure with a lot of articulation. The Spider-Man movie figures don't have as much paint-slop as the SMC figures, but on the other hand, even though I have about 100 old X-men and Spider-Man figures from the early '90s, I don't feel addicted to Marvel figs anymore... ever since Web Traps.

jjreason
07-22-2002, 06:43 AM
The last marvel figure I bought was X-Men Movie Sabretooth to go with the (terrible) X-Men movie Wolverine I bought. That stupid rent-a-cop that's supposed to fall limp when hit by Sabretooth is the WORST gimmick Ive ever seen - didn't work right one time. The paint on Sabretooth was great however, as was the snowy looking one. I never really could figure out how to use the metal looking "girders" or whatever came with Wovie. Throw in the fact that they look stupidly out of scale with the rest of my Marvel figures, and that was enough for me.
I nearly bought Daredevil from the Spider Man classics or whatever, but that I kept wasting time looking for the stupid yellow variant. Good luck with that endeavor....

pthfnder89
07-22-2002, 02:50 PM
Yeah, the Xmen Movie figures were some truly horrible pieces of crap. And it was usually only the gimmicks that made them bad.

They Cyclops figure was very nice, except his entire head turned red when you pushed his lightup button. Very cheap paint.

The only Wolverine figure I bought was the one that came with the motorcycle because it had ball jointed shoulders, had a good sculpt, and had absolutely no gimmicks to mess it up.

The other great figure was one that didn't even appear in the movie, the Rogue in Uniform figure. Again, no gimmick but lots of articulation.

I have hope for the toy line for the sequel though; Toy Biz really improved itself with the fantastic Lord Of The Rings figures, and now with the Marvel Legends and Spiderman Movie figures, they may have actually taken their collective heads out of their backsides.:)