PDA

View Full Version : Calling any Floridans (?)

britcit3
07-22-2002, 02:38 AM
Eh up folks

Is anybody going to the Star Tours ride this summer?

It's just that I want the 3 droid figures that are available there (especially R3-D3).

I know that somebody went for those Star Tours pods last year.

If anybody is going, could you give me a shout and I will send the dosh.

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
07-22-2002, 04:26 AM
Theres actually 4 now. 6 figures are actually rumored, but not confirmed. Although we're 4 down, so we'll find out soon enough.

Here's the thread about the 4th: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12429 - You might try posting there to ask.

good shot jansen
07-22-2002, 07:47 AM
unfortunately i have no plans on going to orlando this summer. everytime we go in the summer months, it's always horrendous. the lines are way to long, the weather is totally uncooperative, and we usually end up wishing we never came.

i do plan on going in the middle of september for emily's birthday, so i will definately check then. (the best times for going to orlando is september and october, then january and february)

jt, are you headed to anahiem anytime soon?

britcit3
07-22-2002, 09:37 AM
Hey GSJ

Thanks anyway - if nobody is going before September, I'll take you up on that offer.

Cheers

Jim

vulcantouch
07-22-2002, 12:48 PM
. . .into StarTour Fig Roundup Duty, that is ;)
sign me up for 2 of the 1st 3, one of that lameass 4th and at least one each of any 5th & 6th figures (toyko joe'll want one of each i'm sure; meanwhile, i'll decide whether i want the 1st 3 when i see em in person, & if i don't i'm sure i can find Someone to trade em to :p )
vt

JediTricks
07-23-2002, 02:44 AM
Disney's press release said these figures were limited to the "Once Upon a Toy" store in WDW in Florida, so I dunno if they'll ever be at DL, but I'll check when I go in the next 30 days.

britcit3
07-23-2002, 02:51 AM
Het JT

If they HAVE got them, if you could pick them up for me, I'll send the cash plus trans-Atlantic postage.

LMK

Cheers

BC3

JediTricks
07-23-2002, 03:09 AM
I'm pretty broke right now but I'll see what I can do.

jeddah
07-23-2002, 04:02 PM
"As some of you know I live In So Calif. and I have a disneyland annual passport and go often .
I asked about them on my last trip on the 4 th of july and was told that the ones released in
Florida were put out premature and pulled off the shelves and are due for release in August and will only be available at the Disney parks that have Star Tours.
Apparently it got both Disney & Lucas film very up set to see them being released so very early!
I asked if they would be available thru the fan club mag.
and the didnt have and info on it.
But Im told that there will be a star speeder planned to fit the action figures later . "

So I guess we'll have 2 wait just a little bit longer :(

jeddah

britcit3
07-31-2002, 11:47 AM
Forget the initial post.....

just bagged an R3-D3 at a hugely inflated price on Ebay.

Cheers anyway

BC3

britcit3
08-03-2002, 07:25 AM
Hey VT

R3-D3 is CRAP - got mine today.

It has a fixed middle leg and the paint job is shoddy.

It is also on wheels !?!?!?!?!?!

BC3

vulcantouch
08-03-2002, 11:26 AM
eh up, thanx for hedz-up ;) yeah, i heard r3's body comes from naboo escape r2 (or whatever that crappy potj one was called :p )
meanwhile, via a trade (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11374) i just got assassin droid :) am thinking of rotating its body 90 degrees (while keeping its wings vertical) so as to show off its inner cowling details better when displaying as an mm cousin to the sisko sailor; thoughts? :)
that reminds me: according to your site you never got the senatecam droid that came with velourrum or senator palpy (don't recall which). considering you don't go in for different sculpts of the same droid, it's a good thing you didn't, cuz now you can go for the superior-sculpt camdroid that comes with orn free ta. i have & like both, but if i had to choose the oft is way better :) i'd guess oft's gonna be a major peg-warmer too, so if you wait a bit you should be able to score him cheap :)
so, did you ever decide to trade your vintage 4lom & fx7 for the supercool potj fx7?
vt

britcit3
08-03-2002, 12:11 PM
Hey VT

I actually have the came droid in an unopened Ep1 Palpy - didn't look good enough to open the pack for, so I'll hold till Orn Free Ta goes cheap.

Assass Droid - won't it look a bit wierd if you do that??

Vintage 4 Lom & FX-7 - haven't done anything with them (as I let Jnr play with them about 2 months ago and haven't seen them since!!).

Hey, just in the process of gluing and painting loads of new stuff that I got from a trade: loads of FASA ships - Orion Wanderer, Romulan Flyer, USS Northampton, Regula 1, Klingon D-18, Orion Blockade Runner, Gorn Cruiser & others that I can't identify yet.

So that sheet that you sent me will come in most handy when I come to paint them.

Also in that consignment: MM sized Copernicus Shuttle from model kik (perfect MM match), micro micro Space 1999 Eagles, Double micro sized Ent A, D, Ferengi Mar, & others.

Got all of the above for Ep1 sets 11 & 12 - bargain.

Will be posting them on my site when finished - about 2 weeks.

Cheers

Bc3

JediTricks
08-04-2002, 02:45 AM
VT, I believe that is the correct name of POTJ R2-D2.

BC3, some pics of the assassin droid in various places (sw.com, visual dictionary, ep 2 cross sections) have it rotated like VT is describing. It's "different" but I don't think any worse.

britcit3
08-04-2002, 10:58 AM
Hey VT

Just been to a memorabilia show and bagged your speeder for £1.

It will be zipping across the Atlantic directly to yourself sometime in the next few weeks.

Cheers

Bc3

vulcantouch
08-04-2002, 12:24 PM
£1? shoot, at that price you shoulda got us a bunch more ;)
is copernicus the one that came with st5/6 ent-a model? if so i too've been seekin that, so let us know when you post its pic on your website :)

britcit3
08-04-2002, 12:29 PM
Hey VT

yes it is - I'm just repainting it at the moment (it was very sun-yellowed).

been to a show today - bagged a real cracker......

Have you seen the Japanese KUBRICK Planet of the Apes sets (like little lego figures)?

Well, I bagged a set for £10 that has a DC/X-RAY sized Icarus ship from the original movie.

It is FANTASTIC and will be appearing on my site soon.

Cheers

BC3

vulcantouch
08-04-2002, 12:33 PM
;)

britcit3
08-04-2002, 12:34 PM
Kubrick is a Japanese toy company - should have explained that.

BC3

vulcantouch
08-04-2002, 12:36 PM
"Kubrickian (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=133544#post133544)" ;)

britcit3
08-05-2002, 04:10 AM
Hey VT

Here is a pic of the Icarus.

BC3

vulcantouch
08-06-2002, 11:40 PM
. . .i think i'll still wait for the mm version ;)
meanwhile, if you don't like your r3, you can always send it to me, & i'll guarantee its lameness'll never bother you again ;)

britcit3
08-08-2002, 12:13 PM
Hey VT

I think that I will put up with R3- sorry.

Attached is a pic of the repainted Copernicus.

& All shuttles and USS Northampton in the following 2 replies.

BC3

britcit3
08-08-2002, 12:14 PM
Shuttles

britcit3
08-08-2002, 12:15 PM
FASA USS Northampton

vulcantouch
08-10-2002, 12:15 PM
boy, that copernicus Really fits in with the other mms, don't it? no wonder that, even though it's a perfect example of my general opinion that fed shuttle designs are dull as dirt, i still wanna get me one :)
anyway, hurry up & add r3, all the junk i sent you & other crap to your site :D (you did receive pewter tholian webspinner i enclosed, yes?)
vt

britcit3
08-10-2002, 01:06 PM
Hey VT

The Tholian Web Spinner's first coat of silver paint is drying as I type.

Will be updating soon - loads of old Trek FASA stuff (again drying at the moment), loads of Gary Perry stuff & loads of new customs built by moi - including a new SW fighter that represents a mid-point between the Jedi SF & X-wing (it has a built in hyper drive ring).

Should be updating next weekend.

Copernicus makes a PERFECT addition to my micro's - it is also quite sturdy and should survive the rough and tumble in my MM box of delights.

Cheers

BC3

britcit3
08-10-2002, 02:10 PM
Something from next weeks update: the easiest custom I ever did make.

Proper photo to follow on site.

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
08-11-2002, 01:57 AM
Hi BritCit 3,

You may be pleased to see these little ships.
They are MM sized and were sold inside chocolate eggs (brand : Kinder) in 1997 on the french market.

http://www.sicqnus.com/options/kinder01.jpg

This pic was scanned from a french magazine called "Dixième Planète" (tenth planet), a sort of french "Toyfare".

Sicqnus

:happy:

britcit3
08-11-2002, 04:53 AM
Hey Sicqnus

They're quite cool for a freebee toy from an egg (we get Kinder eggs in the UK too).

Could do with a lick of paint though.

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
08-11-2002, 02:36 PM
Hi Jim,

Maybe you should help me...

I've seen this Galoob Enterprise-D exclusive offer on a magazine a long time ago (pic is linked below).

I know it's an unpainted ship offered with a decals sheet and manufactured from Lewis Galoob Toys. It was included as a special offer in a StarTrek Enterprise Model.

But wich one ? And wich brand ? (MPC, AMT...?).
Have you got any info ???

http://www.sicqnus.com/options/STGalooboffer.jpg

Thanks per advance.
:confused:

sicqnus
08-11-2002, 02:43 PM
This is an image taken from the FASA STAR TREK sips promo catalog.

http://www.sicqnus.com/options/fasa.jpg

It shows several micromachines sized metal ST ships professionaly painted. I think the year is 1983, maybe later.

It would be great to find a better pic..............;:cool:

Sicqnus

JediTricks
08-13-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by sicqnus
Hi Jim,

Maybe you should help me...

I've seen this Galoob Enterprise-D exclusive offer on a magazine a long time ago (pic is linked below).

I know it's an unpainted ship offered with a decals sheet and manufactured from Lewis Galoob Toys. It was included as a special offer in a StarTrek Enterprise Model.

But wich one ? And wich brand ? (MPC, AMT...?).
Have you got any info ???

http://www.sicqnus.com/options/STGalooboffer.jpg

Thanks per advance.
:confused: I'm not Jim ;), but it appears to be an unpainted version of the TNG Die Cast Ent-D from the late '80s from Galoob (I just looked at mine, it's got serious paint rot on the nacelles, I'm kinda depressed). The shape of the saucer-sep area and the shallow main shuttlebay seem to confirm that.

sicqnus
08-13-2002, 12:39 PM
Thanks JediTricks, but i had this Die-Cast some years ago. I bought it at John's Toys for $20 (mint on case fresh card). But the one pictured is not the same, it is smaller and made in plastic.