PDA

View Full Version : Sith Rising

The True Maul
07-22-2002, 10:48 AM
There is a new card series coming out from wizards really cool to it's called Sith Rising. It's in Star Wars insider cool pics of Darth Maul,Mace Windu, Darth Sidious and others it's coming out July 28 th check it out!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
07-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Finally a TCG Mace! Why didn't we get one with the AOTC set?

The True Maul
07-22-2002, 03:17 PM
Who knows but he's got 3 really cool cards!! :) Sorry it's out July 29th sorry!!! :)

Mandalorian Candidat
07-22-2002, 04:26 PM
Do you have any more details about the expansion set like # of cards, characters, will they be sold in booster packs only, etc?

The True Maul
07-22-2002, 05:06 PM
Sorry I didn't give enough details!! :( they will be sold in booster packs & Starter Decks. There are 90 cards ( not as much as AOTC)
you will see a new strong Maul who seems to have a lot of powers that are stronger than most of the cards you will see some more separtists ( only one Passel argente) Aalya Secura, New Yoda, Aurra Sing,2 new Dookus, 4 Darth Mauls, New C-3PO& Artoo, 2 new anakins, Sio Bibble, 3 Mace Windus, New Padme,New Jango Fett,Nute Gunray, Massiff, New Obi Wan, Federation droids ( Spider Droid etc.),Republic Battleships ( clone ships etc.), Female & Male Tusken, Jocasta Nu, Chancellor Palpatine, Darth Sidious, tons of cool missions, cool ships, Tons of Geonosians ( Squads, guards), Destroyer, Super and Battle Droids. For some pictures go to http://www.wizards.com (http://) go to trading card games click Star Wars and go to products you'll see some pics there ( one Maul weaker version Strongest Mace) :)

The True Maul
07-22-2002, 06:15 PM
Sorry link doesn't work heres the correct one: www.wizards.com (http://www.wizards.com)

Mandalorian Candidat
07-25-2002, 02:03 PM
Are you sure about them being in starter decks? It looks like from the official Wizards press release that they'll only be in 5- and 11-card boosters like the ones for AOTC. I assume that they'll be packaged in the same manner with the 11-card boosters coming with at least one rare.

I bet we'll get 30 rare, 30 uncommon, and 30 common.

I still need to get four last cards from AOTC. Hopefully they'll go on sale or clearance soon.

The True Maul
07-25-2002, 02:35 PM
Go to this link: http://www.wizards.com (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swtcg/expansion/sithrising)

Mandalorian Candidat
07-29-2002, 02:37 PM
It's July 29th. Where's the stuff? No one has it yet and wotc is teasing us, those punks. :)

I found a website that will sell the 36 card box for about $80 (around $2.15 or so per pack). I don't have the URL, but go to yahoo and put in 'sith rising' to search. One of the top 5 listings has the link. A bit cheaper than what they're being sold for on ebay right now.

The True Maul
07-29-2002, 02:58 PM
I just got them there awesome!!! try to go to the Wizards of the Coast store in a local mall beleive me there out I have them but I don't have a scanner so Sorry :( but they are out :) :) :)

Mandalorian Candidat
07-31-2002, 10:33 AM
The only WOTC-owned store in the state is about an hour away and I don't feel like driving there just to pay their prices which are probably higher than what I'm currently getting the AOTC stuff for. I still can't find one single store in my area that carries the cards. My local comic book store forgot to order them so it may be about two weeks away. What kind of wacky crap is going on?

The True Maul
07-31-2002, 11:09 AM
Who Knows? The stores around you will probably get the cards soon!! :)

Darth Shifty
07-31-2002, 11:28 AM
MC - you can order them online and get them in a few days if you can't wait.

True Maul - Did you get the whole set? What's Maul, Mace, Vader and the new Yoda like?

The True Maul
07-31-2002, 11:53 AM
Darth Shifty- No I didn't get the whole set (but I wish I did) I saw the whole set in the Star Wars Insider magazine. All the cards are pretty cool to me Mace and Maul look the best Dooku and Yoda are pretty much the same there is no Vader but he will be out in the next expansion although Anakin is in the set but he is also like the ones that came out in Attack of the Clones.. :)

Darth Shifty
07-31-2002, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the info True Maul. Damn, I thought Vader was coming out in this set. I wish they'd release the card lists on the wizards website.

The True Maul
07-31-2002, 12:30 PM
No Prob Darth Shifty, I also agree that they should have put Vader in the set I mean it is called Sith Rising!! :rolleyes: :)

The True Maul
08-03-2002, 07:48 AM
Sorry MC I made a mistake there isn't any starter decks Sorry!! :)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-08-2002, 12:37 PM
Freak! I finally got my dirty little hands on some Sith Rising cards. I've only seen them at one store nearby and they're selling boosters for only $2.50. I actually won an ebay auction from the owner and got a whole case for $67. That's $1.86 a booster; a lot less than the $3.30 that most stores are selling them for.

I've only opened up 6 of the 36 so far but I've already found both rare Maces, a rare Yoda (C, I think), a rare Darth Tyrannus, and a holo rare Aurra Sing along with two battle/mission cards. Not bad!

How's the collecting going for you, True Maul?

The True Maul
08-08-2002, 12:47 PM
Mc I'ts doing great, I have almost allo f the set I got 1 rare Maul and the rare Mace Windu. Congrats on the cards i'm sure all get them all!!! :)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-08-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by The True Maul
Mc I'ts doing great, I have almost allo f the set I got 1 rare Maul and the rare Mace Windu. Congrats on the cards i'm sure all get them all!!! :)

So how do you get your cards, TM? One booster at a time, ebay, or do you trade/buy singles? For the AOTC set I was getting 11-boosters (a few at a time) until I was short a few rares then I got them from ebay.

I have to say that buying a whole box is pretty nice. It's definitely cheaper than getting single boosters and maybe cheaper than ebay since some of the cards like the A Padme and Yoda are going for about $8.

The True Maul
08-08-2002, 03:19 PM
I usually get them 10 at a time.. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-12-2002, 02:47 PM
I finally opened up all the boosters in my SR case and I did pretty well. Of course I got about 5-6 of each common cards, but I managed to snag all 30 of the rare cards including a foil Aurra Sing (I got 3 of here total) and a foil Impossible Victory. I also got doubles of Sidious, the Jedi Starfighter Wing, another Imp. Vic., and Trade Fed. Ship Core.

Funny thing, I only got one Padme E card. I actually got more Aurra Sing rares than Padme.

These cards are soooo much better than AOTC. It seems that almost all the uncommons have special abilities. The overload and stun features are a cool touch. I thought it was smart that they gave the R2 card the ability to fix damaged starships.

I wish that there were more bombard and ion cannon cards in this set. I think there might only be one of each with that ability in SR.

If anyone wants to trade for different uncommons, commons, or even one of the rares I mentioned above, just LMK.

The True Maul
08-12-2002, 02:54 PM
That is odd about Padme...... and yes Sith Rising is much better than AOTC !! I hope the set A New Hope is just as good!!:)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-12-2002, 03:24 PM
I've heard opposing things about the ANH set. That it may be called ANH or have another name. That the set may not encompass the whole movie, but only the Battle of Yavin. Additionally, I've read that it may be around 200 cards.

Oh well. I guess I need to redo my decks now. I think most of my cards are going to be from SR since they seem to be superior for the most part.

AT-AT Man
08-17-2002, 05:14 PM
hey i need some cards. email me at Slash_Chavezz@hotmail.com or PM me to tell me what you need.