PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro, don't rerelease the HTF POTJ figures!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2002, 02:37 PM
Hasbro,
You've said that you've considered releasing some of the POTJ figures on blue cards. Bad choice, in my opinion.
If you want to release the Rebel Trooper or Imperial Officer again, be my guest. Just give them more accessories and new head sculpts (like white hair on the Rebel and brown on the Imperial). Go ahead with the army builders. I'm fine with those.
Release Zutton with some of the Cantina bar as a Wal-Mart exclusive. Allrighty. Make a new Eeth Koth without robes. Whatever. Just don't release old figures on new cards. I don't care if Kenner did it in the 80s.
A wonderful idea for you to rerelease these is through the Fan Club. Put them on whatever kind of card you like: it's your decision. Just don't add any new accessories (this would be a waste), or give them a number in the system.
Thank you for probably not even listening.

icatch9
07-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Why wouldn't you want the harder to find figures put back out? It makes the hobby more friendly for everyone. Saying things like this make people think that you are concerned about value and not about the figures.

Lord Tenebrous
07-22-2002, 04:06 PM
The big reason is that they're not hard to find everywhere - TRU here has about three cases each of FX-7, Eeth, and BoShek waves. The only ones selling are BoShek and co. Zutton is pegwarming everywhere by the dozens (and he can't be put in the Walmart sets because he was in the Holiday Special's Anchorhead Cantina)

If Hasbro really wanted to recard, they could do Sio Bibble, Royal Guard, Pit Droids, R2-B1, TC-14, and a few other Episode 1. But if they're going to ignore that failure in distribution, then I say don't recard any of them and let secondary market work everything out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2002, 05:40 PM
Actually, I've given it some thought and wouldn't mind if they released them again. I'd prefer them on the green card, and with no new accessories.
Say, LT . . . how much would you be asking for one of those figs? :D (and YES I'm being serious)

DarthMaulSithLord
07-22-2002, 07:12 PM
I'm all for re-release IF and only if they were hard to find in their initial run. Figures like R2-Q5, Scout Trooper Clean, and R4-M9 spring to mind. I'd also love it if they re-released a few other items, such as:

- Han Solo/Tauntaun.
- Luke/Wampa.
- Qui-Gon/Eopie.
- Bantha/Tusken Raider.
- Tarpals/Kaadu (this time include a pair of display feathers so we can also put them on the first version of the Kaadu).

While Hasbro's at it, make 2 new ones. A Jabba the Hutt ROTJ style with all of his crap he has in the movie (pipe, food and Bubbo) and he should be compatible with the cardboard Jabba's Palace Diorama.

:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2002, 08:54 PM
Umm . . . I know you live in the Netherlands and all, but R2-Q5 was easy to find in the USA. And maybe it was just me, but the only kind of Scout trooper I saw in stores was the clean one. And, I don't remember a kaadu and Captain Tarpals, though I wouldn't mind one. :)
And uh, Lord Tenebrous? How 'bout dem prices? :D

Battle Droid
07-23-2002, 12:32 AM
I wish they'd rerelease the Security Battle Droid, I've only got 2 and can't find any more.

It's the best BD yet, I'd also like a Pilot Battle Droid though.

187-Maul
07-23-2002, 08:10 AM
hasbro should rather release some htf POTF2 figs like reeyees, ishi tib, nikto etc.
I know some may have found the figs in a normal tru or something but for us europeans it's pretty hard to get them for a decent price

evenflow
07-23-2002, 11:19 AM
I am totally against harder to find figures being re-released. It takes value away fromt he line, and if something is rare, it should stay rare. It makes the line much more interesting.

187-Maul
07-23-2002, 06:12 PM
but I don't want to spend big bucks for a fig that is a bit older just because others had luck at finding them and don't want them to loose value
and this would be a good way to take the scalpers away a part of their business (although completists would still wanna have both versions)

Rogue II
07-23-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
I am totally against harder to find figures being re-released. It takes value away fromt he line, and if something is rare, it should stay rare. It makes the line much more interesting.

That sounds rather greedy. These are toys. Everyone should have a chance to get them. The Green POTJ Card figures will still be rare and "valuable." :rolleyes: But people who missed the figures in the first release should have a chance to get them. Hasbro is trying to make up for the poor distribution (especially to Europe and Canada).

I'd like to see them with different head sculpts. I don't know what other accessories the Rebel Trooper could come with. The Imperial Officer could come with (another) mousedroid or a data pad. They would be nice army builders.

DarthMaulSithLord
07-24-2002, 08:18 PM

If you're in it for the profit, you've got the wrong hobby m8.

:crazed:

BoShek
07-24-2002, 11:10 PM
They should do it! The older figures could still remain rare (somewhat) because they are on the original card.

Also, they could make a minor paint change to help change the figure.

By the way, screw the value!

Adam
07-26-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
I wish they'd rerelease the Security Battle Droid, I've only got 2 and can't find any more.

It's the best BD yet, I'd also like a Pilot Battle Droid though.

I agree. The Security Battle Droid OWNS all other BDs. Good thing its returning in the Geonosian Accessory set! I think I'll by like 4 of them for the droid. ( I could always use more lightsabers and I dig the cloth cloaks on some figures.)

evenflow
07-26-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord

If you're in it for the profit, you've got the wrong hobby m8.

:crazed:

I am not in it for profit, becuase in the long run these figures will be worth absolutely nothing, and trust me I dont care. I just get a kick out of having something that is hard to find. It's almost like, wow, I found this at a store, good for me. That is basically it. I just feel that by having hard to find figures, it just makes the line more interesting and more enjoyable.

Rogue II
07-26-2002, 12:19 PM

I am not in it for profit, becuase in the long run these figures will be worth absolutely nothing, and trust me I dont care. I just get a kick out of having something that is hard to find. It's almost like, wow, I found this at a store, good for me. That is basically it. I just feel that by having hard to find figures, it just makes the line more interesting and more enjoyable.

Your item will still be hard to find. It won't be in the exact same packaging. They won't bring back the POTJ cards.

If you're not a carded collector, I'm sure there will be a way to tell the difference between the first release and the new version. Either material or paint.

DarthMaulSithLord
07-26-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Adam

I agree. The Security Battle Droid OWNS all other BDs. Good thing its returning in the Geonosian Accessory set! I think I'll by like 4 of them for the droid. ( I could always use more lightsabers and I dig the cloth cloaks on some figures.)

- Too bad Hasbro went cheapo again and intentionally forgot to leave the Battle Droid's regular backpack out. Instead we get a lousy Jango Fett helmet, more of his blasters and a Clone Trooper gun? WTF? Why not include some decent stuff.

:(

bigbarada
07-29-2002, 12:31 AM
I want the Imperial Officer and Fleet Trooper rereleased with the alternate head sculpt Hasbro promised us.