PDA

View Full Version : Well it's been 3 months...

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-23-2002, 05:09 AM
since the Saga figures were released. What do you think of the line so far?

Chiesa
07-23-2002, 05:30 AM
Personally I think the line is pretty good... I loved some of the articulation of some of the figures like Bespin Luke and JSD Obi Wann... The sculpt is definitely a plus point as well... The metal lightsabre hilt is definitely another plus point in my opinion... The range of the figures are great! My favs are Anakin TA, JSD Obi Wann, Bespin Luke, Yoda, Ackley and a few others just to name...

But of course nothing can be totally perfect and I'm sure no one can be totally satisfied with everything... Most of the figures do not have neutral poses which make them hard to use in dioramas or even in display... Some of the toys like in previous threads mentioned could not even stand up properly without the help from stands and rubber bands (eg battle droid and genosian warrior!)

Hopefully these problems can be corrected with hasbro making the neccesary changes...

But generally on the whole, I think the this saga line is pretty decent and worth collecting!!

Cheers :)

billfremore
07-23-2002, 08:02 AM
I'm also enjoying it as well.
For the first time in a long time, we Canadians are actually getting everything in the line.
I've actually gotten figures before other forumites in here, AMERICAN forumites.

So in that respect I'm delighted.

Oh and I'm also enjoying the toy line too.

tagmac
07-23-2002, 01:30 PM
I find it interesting (and a good sign) that some of the initial pegwarmers are starting to disappear. I haven't seen OPD Anakin, Obi-Wan, or Kit Fisto. Kamino escape Jango and Boba are also starting to get scarce. Still too many Padme's, R2's,3-PO's, and Jar Jar's for my tastes, though.

Best sign so far is the sudden abundance of the Bespin/Chewie wave. Scary sign is the lack of the Collection 2 waves - only found the Massif once, when I bought them, and still haven't seen Palp & DP. I'd like to think this means we'll be seeing the Maul and Ki-Adi waves in abundance, but if the Collection 2 situation stays as it is, we might not.

OriginalBryGuy
07-23-2002, 01:35 PM
I keep hearing all this stuff about "lines" and "waves"...what is this a parade? heh heh

MikeAndTheBots
07-23-2002, 01:53 PM
So far so good. Sure you get bad ones like OPD Anakin but then you get Bespin Luke and it makes up for OPD Anakin, Padme, and some other bad one. If there's something you think won't be good don't buy it. I've only bought the ones that looks good to me (with two exceptions...) and I'm overall pretty satisfied with my saga figures.

icatch9
07-23-2002, 02:20 PM
I am very surprised with the line. It's been three months and the movie has only been out for 2 months and week and already we have 42 figures and 6-8 delux figures. I think this is unheard of.

Episode 1 had 47 figures for the whole basic line. Only 3 delux, 3 SC, and half a dozen mini rigs w/ figures (ie beast packs, speeders, ect..) That was for the whole year and part of the following year.

Seems to me that Hasbro is cashing in by offering a ton more figures and limiting the stupid extra stuff. I'm thankful for this as I know everyone else is too. IMO we'd all like to have more figures on card and less pac-ins and 3 packs.

Still, most complained how much stuff there was for TPM and how many peg warmers there where. And now, we have on average more stuff offered at this point post movie than we did post movie for TPM. It's strange to see the difference in perception between the two.

Clearly Hasbro has learned a lot from thier mistakes and I think they will get better as time goes on.

JEDIpartner
07-23-2002, 03:21 PM
I'll have to agree that not everyone will be completely happy with the line... and that goes for me as well. Some of the ones that people complain about all the time (OPD Ani, Threepio...) don't really bother me too much. Granted, the "gimmick" may not have turned out as well as Hasblah had originally planned, but they are still rather nice looking figures. The ones I dislike the most are really for the poses (Clone Troopers, many of the Jedi from the battle). The Clone Trooper is really unable to stand at attention, which makes it difficult to have them standing in ranks. The Jedi look very much out of place when placed next to the rest of the collection. I feel that the detailing is great (if you can find a good paint job) but sometimes the joints are loose and a little dodgy (see this thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12558)).

Overall I'd say the line has tried some things to make most of the toys more playable whilst robbing some of the other toys of their playability entirely. I think that uneveness is plaguing this line, but I do fully enjoy its successes!

thespar
07-23-2002, 04:28 PM
Over all i have been very pleased with the saga line.

figrin bran
07-23-2002, 06:29 PM
looking at the 3 saber blades i have broken, i have reservations about the quality of some of the accessories and how tightly some of them are packed within the bubble. but on the flipside, we've had some awesome accessories such as the weather vane for bespin luke, the spider droid for teemto. i don't really mind the posed figures that much - sometimes they look okay, other times like the mace, they don't. overall i'd say the line was okay but i do think they can do better.

Lobito
07-23-2002, 06:35 PM
The line is ok...i miss the old poses but anyway...i think they need to put more quality control in all the line...there are just too many variants.

Darth Sidious
07-23-2002, 07:47 PM
I like the Saga line a lot. In my opinion, the gimmicks dont really detract from most of the figures, some of them are kind of fun. :D Just ignore them and the blast effects if you don't like them. The detail on some figures, like Luminara, is incredible. I love how many accessories come with (Most of) the figures too. The only thing that bothers me is the removable lightsaber blades. Seriously. I am sick of the pegs on the blades bending. I am sick of them breaking. I am sick of them falling out. Why can't they just give us an ignited saber and an un-ignited one? That is my only gripe.
EDIT- Ok, one more gripe: The gummiguns. This has to stop. I am sick of the guns bending under the weight of the .25 ounce blast effects. That is very wrong, Hasbro. Think about it, eh? Oh...wait...this isn't the Dear Hasbro forum...

Jedi Juice
07-23-2002, 07:50 PM
I really like the figures this year, not only because they look nice but because for once I am actually up-to-date with the Saga line. Yeah!