PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Will Fall into Lava!

TheDarthVader
07-23-2002, 01:22 PM
Taking this from "A Guide to the Star Wars Universe" by Bill Slavicsek...2nd edition...page 47. (This book was written after the author spoke with two ladies from Lucasfilm. I know this because he acknowledges them at the beginning of the book.)

"When Kenobi saw what had become of Anakin, he tried to disuade him and draw him back from the dark side.
According the the ROTJ novel, discussion turned to battle, and the two fought fiercely. It ended when the man who had been Anakin Skywalker fell into a pit of molten lava."

Its right there and straightforward.

Rogue II
07-23-2002, 01:44 PM
Well, George Lucas doesn't always follow the books. For example, according to the book, Anakin and Obi Wan are brothers.

It's GL's Universe and he will do what he wants with it.

icatch9
07-23-2002, 02:05 PM
Yes I agree with Rogue II. The books don't really mean a thing. Except maybe the novle of ANH simply becasue GL wrote it. I've recently read it and coudln't find anything that contradicted the movies. The ROTJ book was written by someone else. Sure at the time it was written the part about Obi Wan and Anaken's fight was probally in the movie, but we know GL is constantly rewriting. So, he wrote that part out of the movie, and may have something else in store for this climax. It is possible that it could still happen, but at this point it is still speculation and rumor.

DahrJin
07-23-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Well, George Lucas doesn't always follow the books. For example, according to the book, Anakin and Obi Wan are brothers.

It's GL's Universe and he will do what he wants with it.

OB-1 and Owen Larrs were brothers, in the book, not Anakin and OB-1.

Just the facts!!!!

And if you have read the books of the OT, it does indeed mention the whole LAVA thing.

I'm not saying that's what's going to be seen in the movie, but it does happen in the books.

This is straight from the ROTJ novel. When Vader had turned back to the light, just after Luke removed his helmet and mask.

....and this memory brought a wave of other memories with it. Memories of brotherhood, and home. His dear wife. The freedom of deep space. Obi-Wan.
Obi-Wan, his friend...and how that friendship had turned. Turned, he knew not how-but got injected, nonetheless, with some uncaring virulence that festered, until.....hold. These were memories he wanted none of, not now. Memories of molten lava crawling up his back....no.
This boy had pulled him from that pit-here, now, with this act. This boy was good."

Rogue II
07-23-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DahrJin

OB-1 and Owen Larrs were brothers, in the book, not Anakin and OB-1.

That's what I meant. Thanks.

Darth Shifty
07-23-2002, 02:47 PM
Obi Wan and Owen could still turn out to be brothers, couldn't they?

DahrJin
07-23-2002, 03:37 PM
YES, yes they could turn out to be brothers. I doubt it will turn out that way, but you never really know. :D

That would still make OB-1 and Anakin stepbrothers, and I don't see it happening that way. ;)

icatch9
07-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Well, I don't think so. R2 comes up to them at Shmi's funeral and says he's got a message from Obi Wan Kenobi, and no one except Padme' and Anaken react. Plus, his name is Kenobi, not Lars :).

I always thought Obi Wan would turn out to be Beru's brother. She could of been Beru Kenobi befor she was married, but that's doesn't seem to be the case :(

These are all valid points reffering to the books. Still we all know that they don't have to happen. Smart money is on them happening, but it's still just speculation. Heck, in TPM novel Anaken helps save the life of a Tuskin Raider and we know that never happened int he movie. So, things change in time. Especially in 20 years time :). We'll just have to wait and see :)

DarthSetnom
07-24-2002, 01:28 AM
I think this whole Lava pit might be nice but is unlikely... my guess is that he'll fall into some engine kind of thing...

Of course most people would like the lava pit idea... i don't think it's bad but my guess is that GL will modify the EU "knowledge" into a whole new film "canon"

DahrJin
07-24-2002, 09:48 AM
DarthSetnom, yeah you're probally right. One never knows what may be future "canon".

I like your engine kind of thing, theory, sounds good, but I'm leaning more towards the molten metal/chemical vat idea. Opposed to actual Lava.

Rogue II
07-24-2002, 10:54 AM
I don't believe he will fall INTO the lava, but, if he fell and landed too close to the lava, it could burn him pretty bad, especially his lungs.

Tycho had a good theory in the Non-spoilers thread:http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9475

Jek Porky 2002
07-24-2002, 05:24 PM
I always thought Obi Wan would turn out to be Beru's brother. She could of been Beru Kenobi

She isn't married in Episode II and her name is Beru Whitesun.

Jek Porky 2002
07-24-2002, 05:27 PM
That forst bit was supposed to be a quote, but it didn't turn out that.

DahrJin
07-24-2002, 05:43 PM
Take a look at this site. It is an indepth look into most, if not all of Vaders injuries through the years.

Injuries Of Darth Vader (http://theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html#origin)

Intresting read if you have the time. It includes photos and mock Xrays as well. ;)

hango fett
07-25-2002, 09:05 PM
very interesting, dahrjin. the pics are great.
hango:)

Darth Sidious
07-25-2002, 11:57 PM
Yes, they are. I set one as my computer background. :D Those are cool!

Darth Spectre
07-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Beru's last name is listed as White-Sun I believe....so the same issue would still exist in trying to make her related to Obi as it does trying to tie Owen in now with Obi. If Lucas plays around too much with the legend of the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel, I really think fans will be outraged. Not that he might care, since this is the last movie and he does seem to be pretty materialistically motivated at this point.

JEDIpartner
07-29-2002, 12:34 PM
I agree... I think most of us would sit, staring incredulously at the screen if Uncle George suddenly had Anakin sucked into an engine like one of those pesky pit droids. I'd love to say "never", but with old Fatty McCallum controlling the puppet strings, one would guess that some tinkering may be afoot! :eek:

TheDarthVader
08-11-2002, 03:17 PM
After today, I am still sticking to my original inclination that Anakain will fall into a molten pit. I bought a Jedi Dex (electronic device from Tiger that has a Star Wars encyclopedia retails for $29.99) and the information about Darth Vader says that he fell into a molten pit. This idea is out WAY too much to be false. I am 100% sure it will happen. And after EIII, I will come back to this post and tell everyone I TOLD YOU SO!!

Brian