PDA

View Full Version : Some good and bad...

JEDIpartner
07-23-2002, 03:16 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem that some of the later runs of the figures have loose joint problems? It seems that all of the figures my friend Cheryl has been finding for her son have loose joints. The ones I have gotten have been from earlier allocations and I don't seem to have these problems. Is anyone else having problems like this with figures they are finding after that wave had been in release for some time?

OriginalBryGuy
07-23-2002, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't know since I leave mine carded. Maybe they just get loose quicker depending on the figure?

MikeAndTheBots
07-23-2002, 03:17 PM
I haven't noticed any loose joints yet...

LTBasker
07-23-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Is it just me, or does it seem that some of the later runs of the figures have loose joint problems? It seems that all of the figures my friend Cheryl has been finding for her son have loose joints. The ones I have gotten have been from earlier allocations and I don't seem to have these problems. Is anyone else having problems like this with figures they are finding after that wave had been in release for some time?

Yeah, I've noticed that. I have a bunch of Sneak Preview Clone troopers and found that the ones I bought later had more loose joints than the ones I bought around release time.

JEDIpartner
07-23-2002, 03:25 PM
It also seemed that quite a few of the POTJ figures had more "bendy" weapons as the run on a particular figure continued months after its debut.

JON9000
07-23-2002, 03:47 PM
I mentioned loose joints in a thread about the virtues of articulation. Even if the joints are tight, they will loosen with playwear. It's a big trade off, but joints should certainly be tight out of the package and there is no excuse for them to be otherwise. The only really articulated figs I have taken out of the package are Commtech Han and Bespin Chewie, and their joints have been tight.

DARTH DUBIOUS
07-23-2002, 04:22 PM
Why do people who never take stuff out of the packaging respond to threads like this? :confused:

I haven't had any problems with any figure early or later release. I think most likely is that as a figure nears the end of the factory production run they get bored and lazt sticking the damn things together and you get a tail off in quality control. It's most likely to be the time they rush the things through in order to get the machines reset for the next figure or toy. But that's simply a guess.
The only item I've had problems with is deluxe sushi geonosian never staying held together and falling to pieces every five minutes and the pop off wings on the Jedi starfighter popping off all the time when I don't want them to.

JEDIpartner
07-24-2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by DARTH DUBIOUS
Why do people who never take stuff out of the packaging respond to threads like this? :confused:

I have no idea. I suppose it's just so they can get their fingers into everyone else's pies. :rolleyes:

Anyhow... the only one that I've had a problem with on an early run was Orn Free Taa's right bicep joint. It just feels as though it will fall right off. My friend told me that quite a few of her son's figures have "floppy" joints and she's sorry she waited so long to get the figures... I told her to stop waiting so long and get the kid his toys quickly the next time!!! :crazed:

Jargo
07-24-2002, 08:07 AM
My Kit Fisto has a floppy leg. I got him on april 23 and he was bad from the start. My tri-logo Acklay sags in the middle because his joints are loose. The Nexu has a loose wonky rear right leg and that's the second release nexu packed straight across the blister and with the darker tail. Palpatine has arms that feel like they'll pop off.

What's the best figure so far for solid joints and no floppyness? Captain Typho. For me anyway. I reckon it's the best - if a tad dull but still neutral- SAGA figure so far. :)

Rogue II
07-24-2002, 10:10 AM
2 of my figures have loose arms: Endor Rebel Soldier and Bespin Chewbacca. Endor Soldier's left forearm actually popped off while I was taking him out of the package. He holds his weapon really well and that keeps his arms stable.

Chewbacca's elbow joints are loose. Its still an awesome figure.

Lord Tenebrous
07-24-2002, 12:51 PM
It seems to be a chronic problem. My entire set of Episode 1 figures from May 9 were excellent. But when the TRU sales started, and I began getting duplicates (most with a .01 designation). Their waists are extremely loose, almost an action feature in itself (Spinning-Saber Ki?)

My POTJ and Saga are pretty consistent in their looseness. Not horrible, but loose enough to sometimes droop or tip over. But I'd rather have it looser. Anybody who invested in Hasbro's Battle Beasts line from the 80's knows that some of the limbs were so tight, the plastic pegs broke off. And that was not fun.

Darth Sidious
07-24-2002, 01:31 PM
Yes, my Chewbacca's elbow joints are quite loose. But it doesn't really bother me. Other than that, no problems. I have been very lucky.

aceguide
07-24-2002, 01:42 PM
Joints seem to loosen up a bit as they get played with. It's been that way since the vintage line first came out.

What really gets me are the flimsy weapons. Some of them simply won't work - even with the predetermined poses.

bigbarada
07-24-2002, 10:45 PM
The only time I have noticed this problem is with my Djas Puhr's waist. He could actually be called "helicopter-action" Djas.;) It doesn't affect his ability to stand so it really doesn't bother me. Just a little wierd that he would come out of the package like that.

Lman316
07-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Endor Soldier's left forearm actually popped off while I was taking him out of the package. He holds his weapon really well and that keeps his arms stable.

Mine have the same problem. I can pop their arms off any time I want without worrying about breaking them. However, I had thought this was because you could remove his vest, and you'd need to be able to take the arms off to do it. But, I had only heard that the vest is removable, and I was going to ask to make sure, but that would be my best guess.

And Jargo, is that: "GET ORF MOI LAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!" line in your sig from the Hogs of War video game for the Playstation? That game is fun :D.

End...

Rogue II
07-25-2002, 07:32 AM
I'm pretty sure his vest is removeable. I just bought a 2nd Endor Soldier so I could customize it. I'll let you know for sure.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-25-2002, 07:38 AM
I have no loose joints on my figures