PDA

View Full Version : A question for on card collectors?

Lt Kettch
07-23-2002, 07:32 PM
I am not going to name names, but I have seen collectors who leave their figures on the card complaining about various poses and gimmicks... WHY DO YOU CARE? To those of you who leave them on the card, these gimmicks don't take away from your ability to hang your figures on the the wall!?! I am not trying to be mean or critical, i was just curious.

Jedi Juice
07-23-2002, 08:57 PM
Perhaps the carded collectors don't think the new figures are as much of "eye candy" as the older poses? I collect carded figures, but I don't really care how the figures are positioned, as long as they look OK.

rynobot
07-23-2002, 09:05 PM
I'm an on card collector, but I could care less how they are posed, but that doesn't mean I want I pile of Bantha Poodoo in a bubble either.

Dark Knight
07-23-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Juice
Perhaps the carded collectors don't think the new figures are as much of "eye candy" as the older poses?

I agree. I have don't have the saga cards close to my vintage cards. The gimmicks make the figures look cheaper.

wedgeA
07-23-2002, 10:05 PM
As an carded collector, a gimmick only bothers me when it detracts from the look of the figure. Case in point- Bespin Luke, a great figure but that peg sticking out from his back sucks, and yes, it can be seen clearly while on the card.

hango fett
07-23-2002, 10:07 PM
being both a loose and carded collector, i don't care as long as i have the darn thing.
hango:stupid:

JON9000
07-23-2002, 10:46 PM
I keep them carded for the most part, but I will take out figures that are irresistably cool- like Cloud City Chewie and Kamino Jango. Sooo- I do care and I have reason to. As for carded collectors who never open- I have no idea what the gripe is.

Jedi_Rainman
07-23-2002, 11:04 PM
I collect them for the hobby of collecting. I have no complaints as to how they are put in the package.

thespar
07-23-2002, 11:25 PM
i have no real problem with the gimmicks as long as they do not throw off the look of the figrue.

gsr-jedi
07-23-2002, 11:26 PM
I collect carded figures and I do like the poses when they're closed. Personally, I think the new ones posed in package look better than the old ones posed in package. My only complaint about the poses, is the figures look so cool, you can't resist opening them. Case in point, Dooku & HD Ani looked awesome in the packages, but once I bought ones to open, I was disappointed in the gimmicks. It's kind of like false advertising, all though some are cool (Endor soldier, Chewie, JSP Obi-Wan, Bespin Luke), but for the most part I have no problem with the gimmicks

Chiesa
07-24-2002, 05:32 AM
I too collect both open and carded... I don't really care when its carded as long as I have it as it will just go to a box... Personally I would prefer to open it and use it for display... i find most of the figures still to be COOL and all... I just want everything!!

Cheers :)

mightywhelk
07-24-2002, 06:14 AM
As I'm not an opener I prefer the carded figures to be posed as this is all I'd do if I opened them. Previously in other lines, the figures looked a little dull with their hands by their sides looking 'well behaved'!

JediBoulton
07-24-2002, 09:35 AM
I collect Carded figures as well. I think the little blast effects are GREAT additions -- only if you can tell what they are. For instance -- the SAGA Battle Droid has the blast effect attached to the Gun which displays GREAT. Luminara has the effect off her lightsaber -- this looks GREAT also -- but you can tell what they are. The pile of "blue stuff" that comes with Plo Koon -- people look at my collection and ask, "what the hell is that?" I wont even comment on that stuff around Dexter's Hamburger Spatula or the orange lollypop that comes with the Mace Delux. Hasbro had a great Idea when they added these with the figures -- they do add some great play value, but for many collectors who collect only Carded items -- they kinda distract from the figure itself.

Once the Arena playset comes out -- the blast effects will redeem themselves for those who will display their figures in the open -- it will look great and people will know exactly what they are looking at.

Hellboy
07-24-2002, 06:15 PM
For the most part I collect OC. I happen to like the poses of the new figures as long as they're not to extreme and think it makes the overall packaging more attractive. If I really love a figure I'll buy a second one to open and I've opened more figures from this line so far than any other since '95. The gimmicks on the other hand, I can always do without.