PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Job on Cloud City Chewie

JON9000
07-23-2002, 07:37 PM
I would like to congratulate Hasbro on one of their best figures to date- Cloud City Capture Chewbacca!

I really love the articulation- I don't take a lot of figures from the packages, only those that look like they are fun to play with. (hint: I buy two of the best figures). I think articulation like this is the key to the future of Star Wars figures.

The light up eyes in C-3PO was an excellent surprise as well. the level of detail in the scult and the paint job just blows me away when I hold it next to the 1995 Chewbacca.

If this is where the Saga line is going, you can count me in for the long haul! :D

Jek Porky 2002
07-27-2002, 09:26 AM
He's OK, but I still think that Hasbro could make a better Chewie.

bigbarada
07-29-2002, 12:25 AM
Ahem, don't listen to someone who names himself after a flying fat man, Hasbro.

CC Chewie is awesome! By far the best Chewbacca figure ever! I don't really care too much about the Threepio parts so the fact that you need a Master's Degree in Engineering to get it to look right is no big deal.;)

I love the elbow and wrist articulation, along with the ball-jointed shoulders. But what surprised me the most was the neck articulation. I never imagined that I would have a Chewie that could not only turn his head side to side but up and down too. That was just too cool.

If I were to grade this figure I would give him an A++!

Beast
07-29-2002, 12:32 AM
Definatly one of the best figures in the Saga Line. I don't think there is anyway that they could improve on Chewbacca. Maybe the often requested removable bandolier, but that's about it. If the future of the Saga line includes more gems on par with Chewie: CC, I see great things coming down the pipe. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lobito
07-29-2002, 04:03 PM
This is one of the best chewies ever...but i still rank him as no. 2...the best would be Chewie Mechanic. IMO...:D

bigbarada
07-30-2002, 12:08 AM
It was a toss up for me between CC and Mech Chewie for who was the best. In the end, however, articulation won out over detailing and I picked CC Chewie. He's just a lot more versatile.

Both are great figures though.

Now, we could just get an accessory pack with the crossbow from 25th Chewie, that would be great.

Sort of off topic, but sort of relevant as well, are there any other possible versions of Chewie left to make? Aside from more accurately sized versions of POTF2 releases?

Beast
07-30-2002, 12:15 AM
I dunno BigBarada. Other then accurately scaled versions of Chewbacca: Hoth and Chewbacca: Boushh's Bounty, I can't think of many new versions of Chewie. Other then maybe Chewbacca: Trash Compactor. Give Chewie the wet look, and maybe pack in the Dianoga as a Deluxe 2-pack. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 12:17 AM
A more accurate DS Prisoner Chewie? Tarzan Chewie? Me-Hungry Chewie with dead animal? :D

We should've gotten a bowcaster with the Chewie anyways I think, afterall, they're including that huge dish with Padme Pilot. ;)

MikeAndTheBots
07-30-2002, 01:27 AM
I agree, great job on Chewie. My second favorite figure from the saga line. Second only to Bespin Luke. I think that proves that more articulation is a good thing.

bigbarada
07-30-2002, 01:29 AM
I forgot about the Endor Chewie; but in all honesty I would really just like to have an all-purpose ROTJ Chewie, who has the articulation and accessories to fill in for every scene in the movie (prisoner chain, bowcaster, dead animal, net, rack to be tied to by Ewoks, etc.).

Hoth Chewie would be okay, but easy enough to recreate with a little creative paint application. DS Escape Chewie would be cool, though. Especially if he was released alongside improved versions of Han and Luke Stormtrooper.

plasticfetish
07-30-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
I agree, great job on Chewie. My second favorite figure from the saga line. Second only to Bespin Luke. I think that proves that more articulation is a good thing.

More articulation is a GREAT thing. No more "action" poses ... just posable figures. My 4 1/2 year old (clone) held his Chewbacca up a few days ago and said ... "Dad, this is a good toy ... you can do this (and he waved the arms up and down howling.)" He was right, it is a good toy ... and fun to play with. I do find the c-3po w/ net sack thing to be a little hard to deal with, but it lights up and that's enough to keep me ... errr ... my son busy for a while.

Adam
08-04-2002, 01:02 AM
Best. Chewie. Ever.

I'm even considering buying a second one and arming him with a bowcaster.

vulcantouch
08-12-2002, 11:55 PM
. . .instead, save yerself al lil $$ and just [http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8625]trade me a lil sumthin for the leftover ccchewy i have[/url] :)
that goes for the restayou singing cc chewy's praises too ;)
vt

187-Maul
08-30-2002, 06:58 AM
the c chewie is damn sweet but I still prefer mechanic chewie since his face looks better
but how do you guy get c-3po in the net and hang it over the shoulder? I can get the net on chewie but the upper body of 3po keeps falling out of the net
any help with that?