PDA

View Full Version : New Saga Vehicles??

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-24-2002, 12:01 AM
K, i have a question for y'all!! I started collecting back when POTF2 came out back in the mid 90's. I got all the figures, but never really got many, if any at all, vehicles. I was young, didn't have the money for them and so on. Now, with the Saga line, i have a glimmer of hope that some of these will be redone. Granted, i couldn't picked up the tie bomber and i had the Snowspeeder for POTJ, but wasn't impressed.

Now, they are releasing another x-wing and landspeeder, but does anybody konw if any other vehicles will be redone??? I've been hunting to try to get some random vehicles, and the POTF are just too hard to get now a days. So, basically my question is: are the X-wing and landspeeder the only vehicles coming out from the OT??? any help would be great...thanks!

rynobot
07-24-2002, 01:10 AM
There is plans for an Imperial Shuttle.

mark2d2
07-24-2002, 01:28 AM
There are also rumours running rampant that we'll be getting a new Sandcrawler as some sort of exclusive soon.

And I believe that one day they will finally get around to rereleasing Bespin's Twin Pod Cloud Car. Another ship we keep hearing about is a much more accurate TIE FIGHTER. I definitely think that this will eventually happen. They've done the X-wing and now even the Landspeeder has been significantly revamped --- looking just great by the way. It only stands to reason that an all new TIE is somewhere on the not too distant horizon. Meanwhile, the Imperial Shuttle is all but confirmed.

PS --- Track down the TIE BOMBER! It is seriously the BEST VEHICLE in the line to date. It is shockingly well done.

Chiesa
07-24-2002, 05:28 AM
I too have read plans for an imperial shuttle...

Lt Kettch
07-24-2002, 07:46 AM
I certainly don't know if any plans are in the making for re-releasing or updating the Y-wing and B-wing, but i think these desperately need re released.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-24-2002, 10:18 AM
I could've got the Tie-Bomber when the figures hit on opening night, but I didn't. I'll prolly get here when i stumble upon some more $$. I dunno if i wanna start doing vehicles, cause once i get one, i'll try to get all of them!

hango fett
07-24-2002, 10:22 AM
it does get kind of expensive, don't it???????
hango:stupid:

Herby
07-24-2002, 01:01 PM
I am in the same boat, the vehicles are just too rich for my pocketbook. Also, when I started collecting, I was in college and my apartment was much too small to start buying things like the falcon. I do buy vehicles if they really strike me as good and if they are on clearance. I have the speeder bikes and an ATAT that I couldn't resist at 20 bucks. Packin figures really make the difference whether or not I buy something.

aceguide
07-24-2002, 02:46 PM
I was disappointed with the POTJ snowspeeder. Stuck with my vintage one. I'd like to see them do a better job with that one.

Would really like to see a better TIE Fighter.

Missed the B and Y wings when they were reissued recently - would love to see those out again.

Looking forward to the X wing and landspeeder.

pthfnder89
07-24-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Lt Kettch
I certainly don't know if any plans are in the making for re-releasing or updating the Y-wing and B-wing, but i think these desperately need re released.

Sorry Lt. Ketch, but it doesn't look like either of these will be rereleased again. I do know that a Hasbro rep said specifically that there were no plans to rerelease the Ywing and the Skiff, even though those were so difficult to find. I would assume that the same would go for the Bwing since most people could find those without a problem and they wound up on clearance at Target.

I sympathize, I never even saw a Ywing at retail.:(

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-25-2002, 02:46 AM
I saw the Y-Wing and the B-Wings about, but passed on them. I wanna get the vehicles cause i'm sorta of a completist, but too much $$. I was lucky enough to find that blasted Skiff when it was out though!!! I also hated the new Snowspeeder for POTJ. I took mine back...it was like the hasbro reps thought: "hey, here's an idea, let's take the snowspeeder, tilt it at an angle, add dead Dak figure, and a cornball 'broken window' sticker on it!! rock on!" and then they exchanged high fives. I'll have to see how the X-wing and landspeeder look though. I'll prolly pick those up cause they look awesome.

AdmiralPiett
07-25-2002, 03:06 AM
My problem is space. With the new Geonosian playset coming out, I'm going to want a diorama of that with at least 2 clone ships but I'll have no room for it except on the floor. And then if the Sandcrawler came out, I'd have to get it but my room would be swamped. The shelf around my wall and my bookshelves all have nothing but starwars dioramas and vehicles. I might just buy whatever comes out that I want, leave it in boxes, and then open it when I get a real house. Whenever that might be!!!
Piett

Geonosian
07-25-2002, 05:29 AM
Ok I got a question.
Is Anakin (with robe) with Swoop in the works?

Beast
07-25-2002, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Ok I got a question. Is Anakin (with robe) with Swoop in the works?
That is one of the Deluxe Figures that is supposed to be in production for next year. As well as Count Dooku w/ Speeder Bike. As long as the Deluxe line continues to sell well, these will most likely be out sometime next year. Of course until it's confirmed by Hasbro, take all reports with a grain of salt. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-25-2002, 08:40 AM
i dont have many vehicles, but i did get the tie bomber, the slave 1 and the jedi starfighter, but then i only have the queens royal starship, at at, x wing, speeder, and millunium falcon and i got most of those for clearnce

hango fett
07-25-2002, 10:00 AM
we have b-wing, tie interceptor, tie bomber, snowspeeder (POTJ), AOTC slave I, and jedi starfighter. that'd be it.
hango:frus:

robman71
07-25-2002, 10:24 AM
While I am really looking forward to the Republic Gunship, I would love to see a new Tie Fighter. Also I really want a Sith Infiltrator (I was more and bummed when it did not come out with the EP. 1 line.) There does seem to be a lack of vehicles with the EP 2 line as compared with the other lines. I was not really impressed with the speeder, but did pick up the Jedi Starfighter and Slave 1. The issue of space is also a major concern. (I finally managed to get a naboo royal starship at a decent price, but have no where to put it).

billfremore
07-25-2002, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I find that's the biggest (pardon the pun:D) problem with the royal starship, this thing's so frickin' huge you got nowhere to put it.

Personally I'd like to see the A-wing redone.

Scackmgack
07-25-2002, 10:33 AM
I'm definately a "completist," and as such, I have almost all the vehicles released since POTF, as well as an old-school B-Wing, TIE Interceptor, and Imperial Shuttle.

I missed the Y-Wing re-release, which really irked me. "Exclusives" are bumpkiss and a kick in the face by Hasbro to collectors. Missed the Skiff as well, such that these two vehicles are probably ALL I am getting for X-Mas as they are so expensive now. $50 each is average price.

:dead: Ouch!

Now that I am done crowing...I chimed in because I wanted to know if anyone had reliable data on a remake of the TIE Fighter. When I bought my POTJ TIE Bomber (best vehicle EVER - cannot believe they finally made one!!!) and TIE Interceptor, my wife asked me if I had any other TIE Fighters, so when I brought the POTF TIE Fighter out of the toy closet and showed her for comparison, she almost fell out of her seat laughing.

Then we had to go through the rigamarole of my showing her how none of the TIE Fighters are anything close to scale save the newer die-cast ones they released a few years ago.

As long as a more properly scaled TIE Fighter came with a stand (something they should all come with, I think, for display purposes) I would love to see one finally.

Darkross
07-25-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
I could've got the Tie-Bomber when the figures hit on opening night, but I didn't. I'll prolly get here when i stumble upon some more $$. I dunno if i wanna start doing vehicles, cause once i get one, i'll try to get all of them!

I too was going to stay away from the vehicles...but if you want to do dioramas like I do...you can't help it. I've been really selective in my vehicle purchases and only getting the ones that I really want first. I got into buying vehicles late in the game and missed all of the POTF2 vehicles. I did find a couple of them at a discount a year ago...but since then I've only bought the 2 Tie Interceptors, 2 Tie Bombers and 2 Snowspeeders. I'm holding out for a new Tie Fighter and Millenium Falcon that is more to scale! If Hasbro releases these babies...then I plan on buying two of each.

thespar
07-25-2002, 02:18 PM
heck most of the vehicels i own i pick up when they where on clearnce expet the darth maul & sith speeder and darth maul & sith attack vehicles

aikman
07-25-2002, 02:42 PM
I hate when people keep calling for more rereleases.

The last thing we need are redone, or rereleased versions of the same ships we already have. If you didnt get it the first time, tough.
Then you need to check out ebay or other older outlets.

Dont waste hasbros time by calling for the same things over and over.

Lets get every vehicle done once first! Or new playsets made , rather than more rehashes with 'exclusive paint job' or 'new exclusive pack in figure' it has gotten tired....

billfremore
07-25-2002, 02:55 PM
Why are you so against re-releases?
Some of us didn't get it the first time due to living in a different country, exclusives for American only stores or low production numbers.

And hey, if you want to pay the ludicrous prices on e-bay, you go right ahead.

In the meantime I want a new AT-AT and a Y-wing!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-25-2002, 07:56 PM
holy monkey!! I didn't expect this many replies!!

I plan on getting the new X-wing and Landspeeder, cause i think they look alot better than the POTF2 stuff. I think in time, i'll pick up an tie-fighter, maybe. I think that most of these vehicles will be re-released (sorry aikman!! just my intuition on that one!) in time. I might try to score vehicles in the meantime though.

I'll pick up all of the ones i missed from Brians toys...yeah, when
A. I win the lottery.
B. Brians Toys realizes how insanely rediculous his prices are.
C. Brians toys have a coupon day, where all the vehicles are at ACTUAL retail price.

we can dream, right?