PDA

View Full Version : Are blue lightsabers cursed?

DarthBatman
07-24-2002, 02:05 AM
Think about it:

In TPM, Obi Wan gets manhandled by Darth Maul. Kenobi loses his BLUE lightsaber, grabs Qui Gon Jinn's GREEN lightsaber and kisses maul goodbye.

In ESB, Luke gets manhandled by Darth Vader, who chops his hand off and the BLUE lightsaber it was holding. In ROTJ, Luke shows up on the Death Star with a GREEn lightsaber (presumably made by Luke during the time between movies) and beats down Vader, chopping off his hand.

Now is it just me, or does this evidence lead you to believe that blue lightsabers are cursed? I know if I'm ever a jedi, mine's gonna be green.

DarthSetnom
07-24-2002, 02:59 AM
This sounds a lot like that theory on lightsaber colors according to which blue and green means good, red means evil (and greater skills) and purple means traitor and superior skills.

It's only a coincidence...

jet chan
07-24-2002, 11:53 AM
if we go on that theory yellow would be the most cursed of all, since in the color wheel yellow and blue make green and how many jedi have we seen running around with yellow light sabers
and that purple makes sense as a traitor color since blue and red make that color:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

LTBasker
07-24-2002, 11:54 AM
It's a running trend that Lucas put in to give small connection to the trilogy. Luke had a green saber so it would show up as they wanted it to on Tatooine, Obi-Wan didn't HAVE to have a green saber to kill Maul, but he threw it in as a connection to Luke's saber ordeal.

Don't forget, Obi-Wan and Anakin can't keep their blue lightsabers. ;) However Anakin should've known he was in big dudu when his green saber was destroyed. :eek:

Darth Sidious
07-29-2002, 08:46 PM
Hmm...good point. Dont forget-Obi-Wan got smacked up by Dooku, and he had a blue saber...