PDA

View Full Version : Would you agree??

DarthSetnom
07-24-2002, 02:07 AM
If GL suddenly felt like making a new version of OT... with new actors, and new speccial effects...

I know it sounds liken:eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: but some things could be improved big time, including lightsaber fights.

BTW i don't think I would agree but just maybe if we knew for sure it's going to be good, i'd consider it.

And it would open the possibility of making another trilogy... or just one last film. WITH Luke, Han and Leia, who wouldn't look wasted on screen.

Beast
07-24-2002, 02:12 AM
The lightsaber battles in the OT are fine. You seem to be comparing them to much to the fights in the prequels. That was a different time. All those young, well trained Jedi's that kept their skills honed daily.

Just remember that Darth Vader is a crippled old man by the time of the OT. Obi-Wan Kenobi is old and out of practice. And Luke never got as much in depth study or training with a lightsaber as the original Jedi Knights did. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthSetnom
07-24-2002, 03:03 AM
Yeah they're fine but not great. Lightsabers don't look too good, neither do blaster shots.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but still felt curious about the acceptance a new version of OT would have. And I'd like to hear the pros and cons about it...

Pendo
07-24-2002, 08:54 AM
I was thinking they might be doing that when the official site started asking questions about who you would cast as... if they were to remake the trillogy. I really hope they're not considering it!!

PENDO!

Darkross
07-24-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The lightsaber battles in the OT are fine. You seem to be comparing them to much to the fights in the prequels. That was a different time. All those young, well trained Jedi's that kept their skills honed daily.

Just remember that Darth Vader is a crippled old man by the time of the OT. Obi-Wan Kenobi is old and out of practice. And Luke never got as much in depth study or training with a lightsaber as the original Jedi Knights did. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I'm with Jar Jar on this. I agree...when GL said in one of the making of videos for Episode I "The Prime of the Jedi"...that he wanted to show the Jedi in their Prime...and that all we had seen upto that point was an old man, a man who is part machine, and a young man (boy)...thus the lightsaber battles are going to be much more dynamic and exciting in the prequels...as they should be. The only real BEEF I have with the lightsabers in the OT is in ANH when Luke ignites and shutsoff his (seemingly white lightsaber) and the rotoscoping effect on Ben's lightsaber when he fights Darth Vader. I love the slow igniting effect of the lightsabers in ESB when Luke first meets up with Vader and all you see is the lightsabers igniting next to their silouettes in the carbon freeze chamber. Cool!

MFH
07-24-2002, 11:58 AM
I still think the lightsaber duel in ESB is the best. So, I definitely would not want them to change that one.

DarthSetnom
07-24-2002, 11:49 PM
Yeah Darkross i forgot about that... maybe that would be a good reason to leave the duels untouched.

JON9000
07-31-2002, 12:07 AM
The only problem I have with OT duels is the one between Vader and Ben. When Ben parries his hilt faces directly into the camera and the blade is tiny. Also, when Luke blasts the door to cut off Vader, his saber blade is white instead of red.

Eternal Padawan
07-31-2002, 03:06 PM
I'd like to a Jedi in Prime...Optimus Prime!

How come there is no Cybertronian delegation in the galactic senate? Sounds droidest to me...

I think redoing the entire OT just because you want to beef up the lightsaber battles is ludicrous.

ROLLO!

Captain Trips
07-31-2002, 03:19 PM
I don't know...maybe I'm getting old, but I grew up on the OT. One of my earliest movie memories is of ANH when I was about 6-7 years old. This whole thing just sounds like blasphemy to me.
Has the world gone mad?

DarthSetnom
08-01-2002, 12:31 AM
Yeah me too and i totally understand whta you're saying but i just think of the possibilities this offers and i think it MIGHT not be that bad an idea.

Other than the duels they might get Luke's lightsaber to cut through flesh and metal in ROTJ instead of just being a shiny pipe that makes cool noises when you swing it.

scruffziller
08-01-2002, 09:21 AM
No way. GL would do a 3rd trilogy before he would redo the OT.
He would do Shadows of the Empire with the original cast before he would do that. I had a half notion of thinking they would redo the original epidodes of Star Trek. My friend corrected me immediately...."William Shatner IS James T. Kirk. Mark Hamill IS Luke Skywalker, Harrison Ford IS Han Solo. To get different actors would be like totally changing the look of Chewbacca, C3PO, R2D2 etc. It would not even be recognizable.

DarthSetnom
08-09-2002, 01:20 AM
Again... do you REALLY think MH or Carrie Fisher would look good in a new trilogy? And Have you seen Harrison Ford lately? The man is not getting any younger you know... My opinion is that if GL made episodes 7,8 & 9, he would have to remake OT, so that the characters don't look well, old and wasted.

tagmac
08-09-2002, 11:24 AM
To remake the old trilogy would be the ultimate insult to the fans, and to the movie world. I hope it never happens.

Beast
08-09-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by DarthSetnom
Again... do you REALLY think MH or Carrie Fisher would look good in a new trilogy? And Have you seen Harrison Ford lately? The man is not getting any younger you know... My opinion is that if GL made episodes 7,8 & 9, he would have to remake OT, so that the characters don't look well, old and wasted.
Well, since the original idea for Star Wars 7,8, & 9 was that it would take place 20+ years after Return of the Jedi, I think that they would look fine in it. Since next year will be exactly 20 years after RotJ. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
08-09-2002, 11:50 AM
I agree with JarJarBinks, that they would look just fine considering that 20 years have past and that's where 7, 8, and 9 take place.:)

Pendo
08-09-2002, 12:01 PM
It would look starnge when young people play them 20 years on. Why can't old people play the main characters in a new trillogy, everyone gets old and it would make it more realistic.

PENDO!