PDA

View Full Version : Much needed break?

brentfett
07-24-2002, 10:48 AM
I don't know about everybody else, but I think I'm actually glad there will be much less figures coming out until the end of the year. I mean, over 40 figures in like 3 months? Jeez! While I only purchased roughtly 25 of the first 40 it is still a decent hit on the ol' wallet. Not to mention the never-ending search for new figures. Anybody else out there breathing a (small) sigh of relief?

gibbspaulus
07-24-2002, 10:53 AM
I know what you men - my finances have gotten tight from real life issues, so the steady trickle of new stuff is quite welcome. Although if you add up the deluxe figures, accessory sets and vehicles due over the next two months it really still comes in at a whopping amount!

DeadEye
07-24-2002, 10:57 AM
Over 40? What do you mean, over forty? You mean figures have been released after Djas Puhr? Geez, the way my stores are shipping, I never would have guessed...:frus:

Jedi Drew
07-24-2002, 11:47 AM
People have posted that they finding Ki-Adi and Teemto at Wal-Mart and Target. Will this maddness ever end :crazed: :crazed: My cash supply is also starting to get really small. No sign of the above two in Ohio. HH

FlakMan
07-24-2002, 12:44 PM
Yes, there are figures past good ol' Djas Puhr. Thanks to sirstevesguide.com, I now know numbers 41 through 46. Ask me anytime who they are :)

Chiesa
07-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Yes though more figures are coming out soon... I feel that there is a slight little break now since its slowing down alittle... YES MUCH NEEDED REST FOR MY WALLET...

DeadEye
07-24-2002, 01:33 PM
The new Maul, Anakin, and Ki-Adi-Mundi are nowhere to be found. Are they supposed to be out now?

thespar
07-24-2002, 01:59 PM
yes it is nice they are coming out in smaller numbers makes it easier to keep track of who i still need. yes teempo an ki are out picked them up about two weeks ago.

Beast
07-24-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
The new Maul, Anakin, and Ki-Adi-Mundi are nowhere to be found. Are they supposed to be out now?
Yes DeadEye. Darth Maul: Sith Training, Anakin Skywalker: Tatooine Attack, Ki-Adi-Mundi: Jedi Master, and Teemto Pagalies:Pod Racer have been released. I've got all of them but Maul and Anakin so far. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
07-24-2002, 03:16 PM
Haven't found anything in the PUhr wave yet, so the Han Endor and Chewie Bespin are the last figures I got. I'm pretty happy with how the figures have been shipping. I'm tight on finances too but I've been able to pretty much keep up, at least with the figures I want.

I don't buy every figure anymore, because I just can't afford it; I only pick up the figures I really like, which is still the majority:D

But unfortunately, the money I save doing that I spend on getting multiples of several others for customizing. I've bought 5 Jedi Pilot Obis so far, as well as 5 HD Anakins and an extra Nikto. :rolleyes: Oh well. Thank goodness the Saga line is only $4.76 a figure:D

JEDIpartner
07-24-2002, 03:29 PM
I am also glad that there is a break. Money aside... the rapid release of the figures didn't allow me the chance to really enjoy the ones I was getting. I now have a chance to go back to the Ultrarama and have a little fun with the toys!

Lobito
07-24-2002, 04:49 PM
I havent got the 40 figs. yet, plus i need the ST exclusives so no rest for me. Which is good!! I like the hunt.:D

LTBasker
07-24-2002, 04:57 PM
I've got 1-40...well some of the later ones are in lay-away but still. :D

Wouldn't mind a break from it, I mean when I finally found the Chewie & Palpy waves, Teemto, Ki-Adi, Maul and TA Anakin were released!

DeadEye
07-24-2002, 08:28 PM
Well...maybe I'll be able to find those elusive last 4...and the acklay too! :D

Darth Detori
07-24-2002, 09:06 PM
actually, I'm starting to put into question the releases of maul and anakin. I've been keeping a close eye on all of the Just Found forums and I don't think I've seen a single report of them

hango fett
07-24-2002, 09:12 PM
anakin, maul, ki-adi, teemto are all out now. be looking for them deadeye!

DeadEye
07-24-2002, 11:24 PM
Hango,

Have you found them yet?

Thumb Wars
07-24-2002, 11:32 PM
as i stated in another thread, i have Teemto and Ki-Adi-Mundi now, and it seems that if you are patient enough the Maul and Tatooine Attack Anakin will appear too.

bigbarada
07-24-2002, 11:32 PM
Yes, I am happy for the slow-down, hopefully the new pace of figures will continue on until 2005. Better to have a slow, consistent trickle of figures than a dam bursting every couple of months.

DarthSetnom
07-24-2002, 11:45 PM
this "breaks" usually end up with disappointment or hype over some new figure that is actually pretty lame but looks great because we no longer know what we should buy to sepdn money.

I took a looooooooong break (about a year) from everything related to SW mainly for the sake of my wallet but now that there are new figures down here in mexico i just keep buying lots of 'em. And that's not helping my wallet either.

Lman316
07-25-2002, 12:04 AM
I need a break. I mean, granted, I haven't seen the newest figures here yet (Anakin, Maul, Teemto, Ki-Adi) or even the Acklay, but once they hit here, I'll certainly be tempted to purchase them.
However, that might change. I seem to be pulling away from Star Wars (I don't really know why. Something seems to be bothering me about them, and it isn't, of course, the price anymore). I seem to want to buy more Masters of the Universe stuff now, ever since I picked up a He-Man and a Skeletor yesterday.
I want to go looking for Battle Cat and Panthor and Merman (and the rest), and when I think: "Oh, but you have new Star Wars figures coming out," I'm usually offer: "Meh. He-Man is better," in response.
I don't really know what it is that's angering me over the Star Wars figures. It might be distribution, it might be crappy materials used to make the weapons, it might be the over-posed statues they're churing out, or it might even be that the gimmicks are finally starting to get to me (yeah, I know the new MOTU have gimmicks too, but I'd kinda expect it from them).
*Sigh* I don't know. This might just be a phase because the MOTU are new to me. Maybe once everything settles, I'll be excited for both, but right now, things are looking iffy. Especially once they release Orko in the next wave :crazed:

End...

Beast
07-25-2002, 12:10 AM
A break is nice, but I don't mind atleast 3-4 new figures every month. It gets boring when you don't have somthing new every month. Atleast I do anyway. Atleast the rest of the year we have exclusives to fill the void. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-25-2002, 12:11 AM
I think they should be the way they've been since their release--because for me, the "break" is between each wave. These waves are supposed to be released within weeks of each other, but around here it's more like months. :frus:

Thumb Wars
07-25-2002, 12:36 AM
i like the fact that there have been "months" of breaks. allows the wallet to recharge a bit so i can afford the new stuff when it comes out. so thoughs weeks, or months between releases, i put money aside for later purchases. keeps me out of the hole. and i don't have to decide between rent and figures. of course, rent always wins.

AdmiralPiett
07-25-2002, 02:49 AM
I have Ki-Adi and Teemto so far, and I'm sad to say I already broke Ki-Adi :( but I haven't seen Maul and Anakin. I'm really questioning whether those two are out. I mean, I got to the store and there were at least 3 or 4 each of Ki-Adi and Teemto but no trace of Ani or Maul and I SEARCHED....HARD. I pulled stacks of figs down off shelves that I could barely reach on my tippie toes and looked through them all and nothing.
Piett

Old Fossil
07-25-2002, 06:49 AM
I am glad for the slowdown. The last new figures I got were Chewie, Pilot Obi-Wan, Jango Fett FB, Puhr and Palpatine. The Teemto wave stirs no desire in me whatsoever.

I'm using the lull in the fighting to add on to my Classic Trilogy army: specifically, a few loose TIE pilots and AT-AT drivers off Ebay. It's also nice to stay out of the department stores and spend more time on my Star Wars displays at home. More time with the wife, too. ;>

bigbarada
07-25-2002, 11:38 PM
I think 3-4 figures every month is way too hectic of a pace. For some of us by the time we get one assortment in the stores it's three assortments old. Call me old fashioned, but I tended to prefer the vintage days when you would see only 10-15 new figures per year, and that was in movie years! It just gives everyone more time to get everything and actually enjoy what you have. Nowadays, you can't even appreciate the new figures, because once you get them the search is on once again for the next wave that you are behind on.

Personally, I never enjoyed the hunt. It's actually my least favorite part of this hobby. On top of that, I am not independently wealthy and I don't have rich parents to buy everything for me, so the hunt is incredibly frustrating.