PDA

View Full Version : Lumat? Warok? Romba?

bigbarada
10-13-2001, 04:18 PM
Alright, the first five ewoks made by Kenner were pretty much no-brainers as to where they appeared in the film:

Chief Chirpa: the surprisingly easily frightened Chief of the tribe
Logray: the medicine man
Teebo: the second ewok we see and the creepiest (I'll always remember the reaction of "eewwwww" from the audience the first time I saw ROTJ in the theatre and Teebo emerged from the bushes)
Wicket: .....um, if you don't recognize him then I seriously doubt you've seen the movie.
Paploo: the bike thief/hoodlum/Kenny Baker's alter ego

What about Lumat, Warok and Romba? Where do they specifically appear in the film? My theories:

Lumat: Kenner wanted to make an ewok archer figure and Lumat was the best reference photo they could find.
Warok: his coin suggests that he is a glider pilot, but he can also double as a second archer. The only ewok glider I remember seeing had a very different looking ewok as a pilot.
Romba: I used to think he was the ewok who nabbed the stormtrooper rifle (the smart one) but now I think he was one of the ewoks who helped Chewie steal an AT-ST (which could also be said of Warok too)

Feel free to prove me wrong.

The Bald Ewok
10-13-2001, 06:42 PM
You got most of them but the bald ewok...I was the one flinging feces!

GNT
10-13-2001, 11:24 PM
The glider ewoks name is Kazak,we dealt with it in another thread :)

sith_killer_99
10-14-2001, 12:35 AM
It scares me that people actually know these things about Ewoks!

HEHEHE!;)

darth chuck
10-14-2001, 04:20 AM
Did anyone else buy extra ewoks and switch their hoods/accessories for more diversity?

(I hope I'm not the only one, since I'm not too fond of ewoks in the first place, although they filled out the ewok village nicely!)

bigbarada
10-14-2001, 01:22 PM
Sure did. I had 2 Lumats, 2 Wickets and 2 Lograys. My second Wicket got the extra Logray's cowl and became the tribe's shaman apprentice. While the "naked" Logray and Lumat just became the ewok grunts.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-14-2001, 06:07 PM
What do you mean, "naked?" :D
I liked Logray's skull headdress on any figure, especially Chewie. I always thought Ewoklings would've been cool, plus "Yeah, I got a blaster rifle" Ewok.

GNT
10-15-2001, 02:35 AM
I bought a bunch and painted them differently,They look pretty well against the imperial armies on Endor

evenflow
10-15-2001, 05:31 PM
I just think they wanted to make some more ewoks and they were the best available pictures.

Lobito
10-17-2001, 05:45 PM
I agree with Evenflow...i have yet to see those three in ROTJ.:eek: