PDA

View Full Version : Back Info on Palpy

scruffziller
07-24-2002, 10:11 AM
Has anyone read anything that indicates a reavealing of Palpitine's past at all. How he was trained, who trained him, anything. I haven't read many of the EU novels so I am limmited on info.

billfremore
07-24-2002, 10:31 AM
I believe they are holding off until EP3 is finished.

Lobito
07-25-2002, 04:04 PM
Nope, but i hope this (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/palpatine/index.html) helps a little bit.

Lobito
07-25-2002, 04:20 PM
I almost forgot...in the New Essential guide you can have more info on Palpatine and Darth Sidious...the interesting part here is that they come as two different characters...check it out.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-25-2002, 10:50 PM
Cloak of Deception probably has the most info on him. I think he makes a brief cameo in Rogue Planet, but I'm not sure about that one.

Palpatine and Darth Sidious...the interesting part here is that they come as two different characters...check it out.
I'm still waiting for Sidious to be listed on a movie cast of characters! ;)

Lobito
07-26-2002, 12:56 PM
I'm still waiting for Sidious to be listed on a movie cast of characters!

I know...Darth Sidiuos does not appear in the cast at the end of EPI, (i didnt look in AOTC) but the audience knows Palpatine and Darth Sidious are played by the same actor. What is GL hiding here???? Thats why i say its interesting...and i am the 1st to say that Palpatine IS Darth Sidiuos, but with all this odd things...im starting to doubt...or maybe its nothing and GL just wants the audience to doubt??? He is starting to get succes!! Oh well in 2005 we'll know for sure.:D

Darth Evil
07-26-2002, 01:37 PM
GL probably just wants us to doubt what we think, most non-fans don't think Palpatine is Sidious and he doesn't want to confirm it.

thespar
07-26-2002, 03:26 PM
anyone who has seen all the movies can tell they are one and the same

Bel-Cam Jos
07-26-2002, 10:12 PM
This has been a debate since TPM came out. True, Ian McDiarmid (sp?) portrays both Palpatine and Sidious, but it's (so far) unconfirmed that they are the same character. I feel they will be revealed as the same person in E3.

Darth Evil
07-27-2002, 05:32 AM
I've been hoping since TPM that, in E3, there would be a cool scene where Sidious takes down his hood to revealing Palpatine's face, with an evil grin. That would very cool.