PDA

View Full Version : If Hasbro made one ship/vehicle of your choice, what would it be?

Darth Sidious
07-24-2002, 01:22 PM
Refer to the title. I would choose a Hailfire "Droid". I loved those in the movie, plus it could have the same sort of rapid-fire missile launching mechanism as the Slave 1. Except it would have more misiles and they would be thinner. It would probably only be about $15 or $20 too...From what I could tell they werent huge, just nicely sized. So, what would you pick. I just noticed, this is my 200th post. Yay for me.

thespar
07-24-2002, 01:52 PM
give us i can not rember the names of them but darth mauls spaceship or count doouke ship.

robman71
07-24-2002, 01:53 PM
The Sith Infiltrator and the AT-TE

pthfnder89
07-24-2002, 01:57 PM
The Blockade Runner, please dear GOD! Give us the Blockade Runner!

Jonna
07-24-2002, 02:01 PM
A Death Star playset that is about four feet tall and has 7 or 8 levels. It would be like a briefcase in the sense that it opens from the side. The outside would be a perfect replica of the DeathStar with clear plastic supports so it stays upright. And if the neighbor's kids p*$$ me off, I can roll it down the hill at them and crush their little skulls. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:crazed:

Lord Tenebrous
07-24-2002, 02:30 PM
Twin-Pod Cloud Car. Pilot like the Vintage one, only with better detail and a removeable helmet.

JEDIpartner
07-24-2002, 02:32 PM
OT: Blockade Runner

PT: Sith Infiltrator

need I say more? :D

Beast
07-24-2002, 02:37 PM
OT - Tantive IV (Rebel Blockade Runner) - Sure it would be big, but they don't have to make it perfectly to scale. Just look what a great job they did on the Republic Gunship. Include Captain Antillies as the pack-in figure. :)

PT - Gungan Bongo w/ Jar Jar Binks (Soft Goods) - Since we already have soft goods versions of Qui and Obi, they would only need to include Jar Jar. Of course I wouldn't be complaining to much if they included all three. Make it so that it can really float also. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lobito
07-24-2002, 03:42 PM
There are lots of possibilities:

1.- Imperial Shuttle
2.- Rebel Transport
3.- Jawa Sandcrawler
4.- Sith Infiltrator
5.- Sail Barge
6.- Death Star Playset
7.- Twin Pod Cloud Car
8.- MTT
9.- Count Dooku's ship
10.- Blocade Runner

Jargo
07-24-2002, 03:43 PM
Definately the death star but that's a playset not a vehicle so I would have to go for the Imperial landing craft. Make it the same scale as the Imperial shuttle but slightly bigger in the body and just make the insides hollow with a double row of seats for troopers and space for other equipment like speeder bikes and weapons and equipment cases. It should have retractable landing gear and opening cockpit canopy, And I would imagine some kind of cargo hatch opening for troop deployment. Whether that's underneath or at the back or the side or both sides doesn't really matter as long as it works and doesn't degrade the detailing. Can't seem to recall if the landing craft is armed or not but it wouldn't hurt to add a couple of laser cannon somewhere just for good measure.

The AT-AT is great for carrying troops over short planetary distances but I need get them troops from planet to star destroyer fast. so far there's nothing useful for transporting troops. The shuttle is fine for a handful but what about a whole platoon?

hango fett
07-24-2002, 03:47 PM
the AT-TE would be cool! OT, a new AT-AT.

LTBasker
07-24-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Can't seem to recall if the landing craft is armed or not but it wouldn't hurt to add a couple of laser cannon somewhere just for good measure.

The AT-AT is great for carrying troops over short planetary distances but I need get them troops from planet to star destroyer fast. so far there's nothing useful for transporting troops. The shuttle is fine for a handful but what about a whole platoon?

Wouldn't mind an Imperial Landing Craft, and actually it's got 2 dual blast cannons on the sides of the ship on the front like the Shuttle. It may also have the back blaster cannon.

For the prequel trilogy I'd have to say the Coruscant Taxi and Sith Infiltrator. The Coruscant Taxi could actually be put in the current speeder line with Anakin's Hotrod and Zam's Speeder. The bottom flap parts could just be snap-ons and it would fit in the box.

Jargo
07-24-2002, 04:08 PM
My prequels choice would probably be Sith infiltrator, air taxi - both kinds, or the bongo sub.
AOTC choices, if pushed I'd say Dooku's solar sailer, AT-TE, AT-TE carrier, or Neimoidian shuttle.

JON9000
07-24-2002, 04:15 PM
No question- the SANDCRAWLER! Needs to be done right though-at least the size of the AT-AT. I would like it to unfold into a droid factory, kind of like Optimus Prime's trailer unfolded. That way it woud be fun to play with as well as display!

Lt Kettch
07-24-2002, 04:45 PM
How about they just re release the Y Wing?

tagmac
07-24-2002, 04:45 PM
The Super Star Destroyer - Execeutor!

DarthMaulSithLord
07-24-2002, 07:04 PM
ANH: Blockade Runner (Naboo Starship style).
ESB: New Slave I (a tad smaller than the Falcon, but bigger than the current versions with lights, sounds, the works).
ROTJ: New Electronic B-Wing (scaled landing gear and all sorts of lights and sounds).
TPM: Sith Infiltrator (Speeder garage, elevator, cockpit w/holograms of Sidious and ship statistics etc, the works).
AOTC: Republic Gunship w/accurate side cannons & Count Dooku's Solar Sailer.

:D

Jacen Solo
07-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Lt Ketch is right re-release the y-wing and the b-wing, also an air taxi, or a republic cruiser.

Beast
07-24-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Jacen Solo
Lt Ketch is right re-release the y-wing and the b-wing, also an air taxi, or a republic cruiser.
According to Hasbro, their exclusive contract with Target will not allow them to re-release those ships again. I think there is some provision about doing another run for Target. But Target has to actually request that they be done. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

rynobot
07-24-2002, 08:25 PM
Soon Hasbro will never be able re-release any vehicles since they are all becoming exclusives.

I'd like to see the Hail Fire Droid, and the Spider Droids and the small Spider Droids from Episode 2.

Vortex
07-24-2002, 09:04 PM
tie advanced, star destroyer, and the mother of all ships...the DEATH STAR!!!

Darth Yambag
07-24-2002, 09:22 PM
The Coolest Vehicle of the Prequel Trilogy: The Sith Infiltrator!!!!

Given that it landed on Naboo and may not have left because ...well you all know what happened to Maul, I've always hoped that Anakin would find this ultimate one man army while hanging with Padme on Naboo.

If the Tanative IV could be reproduced with an accurate portrayal of the long hallway we see at the start of the movie where the stormtroopers and then Vader make their enterence, It would make a good second choice.

bigbarada
07-24-2002, 10:15 PM
Sticking with the title of the thread and sticking to one vehicle.;) I would pick the AT-TE.

It would have to be done right though, with six working legs and plenty of movable guns and projectile shooters and sound effects and a little bridge area for the Cloneys to survey their path of destruction, and lights, and ...... well, you get the idea.:happy:

AdmiralPiett
07-25-2002, 02:47 AM
I want the Blockade Runner. Not only does it need the long hallway from the first scene where the stormtroopers come in, but it also needs the dark hallways where Princess Leia is hiding and where R2 and 3PO get into the escape pod. Have any of you seen the vintage prototype? That one looks somewhat movie accurate but it's scale is totally wrong. I agree that it should be made similar to the Episode 1 Royal Starship.
Piett

Chiesa
07-25-2002, 07:55 AM
I would love to see the Sith Infiltrator... Heard its a really fast ship and it has cool stealth abilties (not that we care much in a toy but the knowledge that it has these cool ablilities is just great!!) Secondly I think the Sail Barge would be great too!!

Cheers :)

Scackmgack
07-25-2002, 09:37 AM
A PROPERLY-SCALED TIE FIGHTER!!!

DarthMaulSithLord
07-25-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

According to Hasbro, their exclusive contract with Target will not allow them to re-release those ships again. I think there is some provision about doing another run for Target. But Target has to actually request that they be done. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

All they have to do to the vehicles is change some of the fratures so it appears and, in fact, is different. I.e. add proper landing gear and electronics to the Y-Wing etc.

:)

billfremore
07-25-2002, 10:24 AM
I think a new Y-wing is in order.
Complete with a new Gold Leader figure.

aceguide
07-25-2002, 10:31 AM
Sith Infiltrator.

Scale TIE Fighter.

aharry
07-25-2002, 05:52 PM
All of the above.

mylow thehutt
07-25-2002, 06:34 PM
Well I got to go with Jar Jar on the Bongo Idea,I would like to see Dooku's ship with that littel pilot droid,The escap pod wth a new C-3PO,and theres others but thoese are my top 3.Hay wasn't it Hasbro that said they might do a fan choice vehicle poll.HMMM....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-25-2002, 07:00 PM
Yeah, am i actually the first person here is recommending a redone Millenium Falcon?!?!??! I think so!!!!! That "hunk of junk" needs to be redone badly!!! Oh, how glorious it would be (mike begins to slobber on himself...)

Old Fossil
07-25-2002, 08:11 PM
As I have said before, somewhere: the Sandcrawler! My Jawas have been at the Cantina too long -- they're ready to go home...

Tycho
07-25-2002, 10:22 PM
JABBA'S SAILBARGE!!!

DarthBrandon
07-25-2002, 10:25 PM
Rebel Blockade Runner

Nexu
07-25-2002, 10:45 PM
Hmmm. From AOTC:

That AT-something or toher that they used.
The ship on Geonosis with the big wheels.
Starfighter with Hyperdrive ring.
Dooku's solar ship

'Bout it. ;)

vulcantouch
07-25-2002, 11:38 PM
can anyone tell us if this comes w/an xclusive figure & if so what it is?

Tycho
07-26-2002, 01:03 AM
I built this to show Hasbro in person (at Comic Con 1999) (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=sscollections2.setup&category=starwars&topic=32&post_num=1&search_and_display_db_button=yes) that this is the smallest size I would accept a Blockade Runner from them.

My hobby is building dioramas. If I ever finish doing the detail on the interior of my ship, it would support just that.

While it's no where close to a 1:1 scale with the figures, probably like a 1:24 scale with the figures or something, it suffices for me.

It's 5 feet long or more, and pretty darn big and heavy. (A child can bench-press it if they get bored with it).

But Jabba's Sailbarge uses the most unique and varried amounts of figures and would make my first most-wanted ship or vehicle now.

If they don't make a Sailbarge by 2008, I will build my own. I designed plans for it quite like I did my Blockade Runner.

However, I am willing to give Hasbro a chance since this vehicle would be a little bit smaller than the Tantive IV and therefore more feasible.

We'll see.

Meanwhile, the topic question in this thread is what ONE vehicle do you want. Not a list. Jabba's Sailbarge is on the top of any of my lists anyway. So that is my answer.

Rogue II
07-26-2002, 07:48 AM
I like the smaller ships like the Twin Pod Cloud Car, so that's my vote. I loved my vintage one.

The escape pod idea is good too, but is the escape pod a ship or part of the blockade runner? I wonder if we will ever see one.

IG65
07-26-2002, 10:53 AM
I would love the AT-TE and Carrier from ATOC. (I know that that might be considered 2 vehicles but they work together so I would need both of them).

mylow thehutt
07-26-2002, 10:55 AM
I would love to see this.:greedy:

billfremore
07-26-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by IG65
I would love the AT-TE and Carrier from ATOC. (I know that that might be considered 2 vehicles but they work together so I would need both of them).

I think this vehicle combo might be a little big for 3 3/4" figs
But it would make a super nifty addition to the action fleet...

...eh Mr. Hasbro? :D

Darth Vellner
07-26-2002, 11:14 AM
Ooh!....SNAP!!......... I have not found the last 6 vehicles..so I think we need to see more someptin" someptin"................. word to your mother!!!

Jargo
07-26-2002, 07:50 PM
But why waste a perfectly good thread.

Hasbro said recently that they still haven't worked out the details with FAO or anyone yet. They can't even confirm that FAO will be getting the darned thing. FAO taking pre-orders was a bad thing and they aren't actually pre-orders but rather market research to see how popular the thing would be and whether or not it would be financially viable to go with it. A tacky ploy I feel. to take false pre-orders on something that they don't have to sell.

I think someone somewhere will definately pick up on this owing to the good sales returns on vehicles so far and the growth spurt of the star wars franchise this year. But quite how when and where this will happen is still up in the air as far as I can discern from recent rumblings. :)

And there is no word on whether or not it'll come with figures or not. Highly unlikely. but if it does I would hazard a guess that it's most likely to be a re-issue of an older figure.

Rogue II
07-26-2002, 07:58 PM
I'm begining to doubt it will be out this year. Didn't they say it would be out in Dec '02? Well, its almost August and no one at Hasbro or FAO can officially confirm it.

Lord Tenebrous
07-26-2002, 08:30 PM
If FAO wanted research, they could have just tracked down the Shuttle petition. I'm guessing it's fairly impressive. And even with the old mold, it's a nice vehicle. It's not a novelty piece like the Steinbach Vader or a statue like the Faamba. But a lack of support from the company won't help, either.

hango fett
07-26-2002, 09:15 PM
anything as long as it has some lights/sounds/weaponiary(sp).
hango

thespar
07-26-2002, 10:19 PM
when i saw pic here on ssg look like tehy had in a potj box but they killed that line off so if it still comes out i guess it will be part of saga.

Unit-01
07-26-2002, 10:34 PM
That was a fake.

jonboy
07-26-2002, 10:49 PM
I also heard that the pic was a fake. A lot of that is floating around lately. Everyone is claiming to have the inside scoop on something new.

Dar' Argol
07-26-2002, 11:47 PM
JediBrian, I merged your Thread here. I relized it was an error thread so . . . .

Lord Tenebrous
07-27-2002, 12:58 AM
eBay exclusive Blockade Runner (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2125304881)

Tycho, your garage is begging. :D

rynobot
07-27-2002, 03:06 AM
To bad you couldn't just drive around in the blockade runner.

dr_evazan22
07-27-2002, 03:56 PM
OT:
First, a 1:1 scale 3-3/4 AT-AT. I know it would be huge and take up way too much room, but this I want!
Next, I would say the TAntive IV and a Star Destroyer. Both larger and better sculpt and paint deco then the Action Collection had.
Also a resculted 1:1 scale TIE fighter (any version!).

PT:
In no particular order- A 12" droid fighter on STAP (I have a bunch of 3-3/4" vehicles hanging from my cieling... it would be cool to see this hanging w/ them); all the droid and Republic tanks/vehicles from AOTC in both 3-3/4 and AF sizes; an AF droid control ship.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-27-2002, 10:49 PM
How about something from the expanded universe, like a Tie Defender. There was a most impressive Defender version made for Action Fleet.

If I had to pick something from the trilogy and prequels that hasn't been discussed yet, I would say a V-35 Landspeeder. Looks like a great ride!

Tycho
07-28-2002, 04:23 PM
Those 2 Geonosian Fighters reminded me of a Twin Pod Cloud Car if they were connected and squished together.

Pretty much, I don't like the Geonosian fighters that much. Need them for a display I do, yes-yes, but like the design I do not.

Thought they would look more bug-like, similar to the Geonsians, I did. Yes-yes. Make the ships look like the species I would. So certain could you be then, that these would be from Geonosis and are.

Why I am talking half-way like Yoda do I know not. But rest assured you can be, I better stop!

rynobot
07-28-2002, 06:12 PM
You were starting to worry me there Tycho, losing your mind you may have been.

DarthBrandon
07-28-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by dr_evazan22
OT:
First, a 1:1 scale 3-3/4 AT-AT. I know it would be huge and take up way too much room, but this I want!
Next, I would say the TAntive IV and a Star Destroyer. Both larger and better sculpt and paint deco then the Action Collection had.

I think if they ever were to do a Blockade Runner it would have to be the size of a small Childs bed ( one step up from crib size ) or the size of a small dresser. The Star Destroyer would have to be the size of a small car, if they are going to scale them properly. I say this because one night I was estimating the size that they should be and came up with those. If toy companies can make big tanks, planes, jeeps etc., then Hasbro could make these, but I think realistically it would never happen because Hasbro could lose money with something of this magnitude. I would love to see it happen though.

dr_evazan22
07-28-2002, 08:18 PM
For the Blockade Runner and the SD, I don't need those to be 1:1 scale b/c I realize they would be too large. I would just like them to be a little bigger than the Action Collection.

There was a guy in Jersey that was supposed to bring a home made 1:1 scale Blockade Runner to C2. It was going to be 20-30 ft long. Michael Fright was the guys name. I saw photo's of it under construction. I never heard of it getting to C2 though.

DarthBrandon
07-28-2002, 08:28 PM
I know they would be too large, but they would be dam nice to see. I can't really see them being 20-30 ft long though. For a toy they would have to be extremely big, yet not too big. That's why I say small dresser and small car. If I had the money I would have it built myself to scale for 3 3/4 inch action figures.

Lord Tenebrous
07-28-2002, 09:27 PM
There was a guy in Jersey that was supposed to bring a home made 1:1 scale Blockade Runner to C2. It was going to be 20-30 ft long. Michael Fright was the guys name. I saw photo's of it under construction. I never heard of it getting to C2 though.

Yeah, I put Mike's auction on page 4. $10,000 for his 35-foot long, uh...custom. Needless to say, lots are looking, none are buying.

This is the exact reason why I want Hasbro to start putting the micro line into scale, so we have an alternative to large (huge) vehicles. Nice sized Star Destroyers, then downward to tiny little speeder bikes. "Video game" scale. :)

chrisc
07-29-2002, 06:30 PM
I would love a TIE Crawler, TIE Droid, V-Wing, E-Wing, K-Wing, or the Scimitar Assult Bobmer. I know these aren't in the movies but you can see them in the essential guide to ships and vessels. These would be really be cool.

chrisc
07-29-2002, 06:34 PM
My God that Tanitve IV is huge!!!!!!! If I had the money and a place to put it I would buy it.

Darth Sidious
07-29-2002, 06:40 PM
If you include EU, then I want a World Devastator. A big one. Not 1:1 scale obviously, but bigger than the Royal Starship. Maybe $150 or so? :D Lots of missiles, lots of lights, lots of figs, lots of sound. Big ol' Devastator.

rynobot
07-29-2002, 06:44 PM
I'd like to see some one build a Super Star Destroyer 1:1 scale to the figuers.

Or better yet the Death Star 1:1 scale to the figures

or even better the Death Star 2 1:1 scale to the figers,

Jargo
07-30-2002, 03:50 PM
Half a kilometer wide? Are you mad? :p

Darth-Lickus
07-30-2002, 04:42 PM
From AOTC Naboo Royal Cruiser with REAL CHROME PLATING!

thespar
07-30-2002, 04:55 PM
seeing the v-wing will be cool and what abotu the star crushers form eu if that is the correct name.

Darth Sidious
07-30-2002, 05:40 PM
You mean the Sun Crushers? Yes, Id really like one of those. They rule, so much power for a fairly small ship...

Jedi_Bates
07-30-2002, 06:35 PM
i guess i would be happy with a new and improved millennium falcon

jonboy
07-30-2002, 06:47 PM
It is hard to pick just one. I would really like to see the AT-TE and the hoop-wheeled droids maybe. A correctly scaled TIE Fighter is sorely needed though.

psystinger
07-31-2002, 05:32 AM
Well, my preference would be the
-E-wing (duh)
-TIE Defender (duh again)
-A-9 Vigilance
-V-wing
-Coralskipper
-Jag Fel's Clawcraft
-Scimitar Assault Bomber
-TIE Droid Fighter
-Dash Rendar's Outrider
-XJ3 X-wing

You can tell I LOVE this stuff!

SNAYSON
07-31-2002, 09:59 AM
the escape pod r2-d2 and c-3po used in A New Hope.

chrisc
08-01-2002, 07:40 AM
Although its not a ship or fighter I wish they would make the Yuzhan Vong figures from that never ending New Jedi Order series

Turbowars
08-04-2002, 10:47 AM
A twin cloud car with 2 pack-in's packaged in a nice big window box, like it was flying.

Prince Xizor
08-04-2002, 11:26 PM
A new Dash's Outrider without the dumb cockpit twirl feature thing.