PDA

View Full Version : AF wave 3 is crap

monkeyflyers
07-24-2002, 03:31 PM
I found this on rebelscum.com today. Why are they REMAKEING this stuff is it there goal to kill this line?

Saga Action Fleet Wave 3 (October)

Snowspeeder
3 x At-At

LTBasker
07-24-2002, 03:49 PM
Yep, think about it, if they kill the line then when the fans ask for them again they can say "We gave it a second try with our best efforts but it just didn't take."

Glitch
07-26-2002, 01:49 AM
Basker,

You hit the nail on the head. Even with the E2 AF, they are just setting themselves up for failure. If you neuter a line of what makes it tick, don't go scratching your head when the sales are stagnent.

"Well, we tried Action Fleet, but it just failed to catch on." This will be a quote at some point from one of the Hasbro product managers or execs when asked about the future of AF. Does anyone care to wager?

:(

Grif
07-26-2002, 01:29 PM
Yeah, that does sound like CRAP!! I mean if they are going to re-make the Action Fleet vehicles, why don't they re-make the rare ones?

monkeyflyers
07-27-2002, 02:58 AM
WE need to do ANOTHER PETITION To let Hasbro Know Just how we feel about what WE KNOW there trying to do. I really don't understand why they would be doing this in the first place. Don't they want to make money off of us not lose money on something no one wants. When will they learn that when They make something we want we will Buy it. With out us to buy there products there would be none of this I'm getting Really sick of them treating us this way THEY KNOW WHAT WE WANT so why don't they make it.

It's just like on the 12" figs that use the Crappy bulky Old Gi Joe bodies. We've been asking them for Years to Change to the newer Joe bodies THAT THEY MAKE
(and sell for only $5.99) but the answer has always been will look into it. Then they use one on the NEW 12" JANGO FETT and it sells like hot cakes and the Product is One of the best 12" Star Wars toys ever made. Now that their giving us this there trying to act like they can't do the same thing for the Females Figs just look at the ZAM WESELL it looks like a joke. It looks even worse that its Shipping with the AWESOME looking Count Dooku. Its not like they don't have better female bodies just look at the female pilots, nurses, and solders. They also have the body they used on HOTH LEIA which was done very well, Also was the deal with that head of hers.

Anyways I know this is a MM & AF Forum and not the 12" Forum but This is how HASBRO seems to work. What they need to do is set up a program where they take a few Collectors and run their ideas buy them first like test marketing them just like they do for small kids where they give them the toys and See how they play with them. I know hasbro thinks that a group like that Will like just everything they show them. But it'll show them what we REALLY WANT and save them TIME and MONEY and WE WILL ALL be HAPPY. If they don't they will learn the the hard way.

To be NICE to Hasbro they have been doing better on the 3 3/4 line (not on the poses though) and the new Star Wars JR. line (Playskool). If only they would be that kind to their other products we would be very happy and VERY POOR little MONKEYS.

short4astormtrooper
07-29-2002, 12:48 PM
I already have 4 walkers and 3 snowspeeders, and only because they were $2 or $5 on clearance- what makes them think I want to shell out $10 to have another one?
Anyone remember the Classic CT figures? I fear the same thing will happen with Action Fleet. As long as they are using old molds, why not the Star Destroyer? And where are the Ambassadors?

LTBasker
07-29-2002, 05:24 PM
They asked the Hasbro Federation if they could cut us a little slack... but their response, it didn't thrill them, they locked the doors and tried to kill'em. They escaped from that gas..met Jar-Jar and Boss Nass, they took a Bongo from the scene...and got chewed up by an Opee. :eek:

Lord Tenebrous
07-30-2002, 01:16 PM
Are the small MicroMachine Snowspeeders decent for using with an Action Fleet AT-AT? The smaller AT sucks, the speeder can just tip it like a cow.

I love the idea of smaller vehicles for a desktop war, but I really wish they'd start making the ships to scale with one another. If Hasbro did that, I would buy much more than what I find on clearance.

SWAFMAN
07-30-2002, 04:39 PM
I don't know about exact scale between the AF AT-AT & MM snowspeeder, but it would obviously be better than the AF snowspeeder.

It wouldn't work for a desktop war, but if you want a cool scale display of snowspeeder & AT-AT, the AF snowspeeder vs. the large Kenner electronic AT-AT would be awesome.

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 06:11 PM
I've been doing some size comparisons on stuff and I've found that in canon scale for ST ships the Playmates Vor'Cha, Playmates Klingon BoP, the MM Klingon BoP, and D-7 class ship are nearly in scale. There are some different sizes of Klingon BoPs..

On the Snowspeeder and AF Action Fleet thing, yeah they do actually look a lot better together than the AF Snowspeeder & AT-AT or the MM Snowspeeder & AT-AT.

JediTricks
07-31-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Are the small MicroMachine Snowspeeders decent for using with an Action Fleet AT-AT? The smaller AT sucks, the speeder can just tip it like a cow.
Yup, I'd say it's real close to being a dead scale match. I've had my AT-AT set up that way for years.