PDA

View Full Version : ROTJ Trailor Question

Jek Porky 2002
07-24-2002, 04:56 PM
Is it true that on the trailor for Return Of The Jedi, that when Luke is using his lightsaber on the Skiff it is blue and not green? If so did you expect it when you saw the finished movie and did you like the idea at first?

Pendo
07-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Yes it's true that on the trailer Luke's L-saber is blue. When I first saw ROTJ I had no idea that there could be green sabers. It was either blue or red when playing with friends. The good guy always had blue. When seeing the green it was AMAZING and totaly a suprise. I always used green in my games as a child after that, but I prefere blue again now :).

The later trailer for ROTJ had Luke with a green saber but I never saw that trailer until after seeing the movie so the suprise wasn't ruined.

PENDO!

Beast
07-24-2002, 05:03 PM
Yep, originally Luke's saber was going to be blue just like his first one. But then Lucas decided to change it to green, because it didn't show up very good against the blue sky of Tatooine. That's why the vintage figure originally shipped with a blue lightsaber. And now you know, the rest of the story. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
07-24-2002, 05:06 PM
And here's a picture of the blue saber for you.

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
07-24-2002, 05:14 PM
Thanks Pendo! I was just about to ask if anyone had a picture, it looks quite odd now seeing that. And it looks alot more like the Episode I and II lightsabers.

sunblind
07-31-2002, 01:34 PM
wow. i never knew that. well i'm glad lucas decided on another color. to bad he wont change his mind on other colors. yellow? orange?
like yellow could be the apprentice sith color and red is the master sith color.
maybe not, but i like the idea.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-01-2002, 01:53 AM
More info I never knew... That's pretty cool to know now.

scruffziller
08-01-2002, 10:11 AM
That is cool I never knew that. Anybody else got any other cool facts as such as this?

bobafett07728
08-01-2002, 12:30 PM
This is why this forum is so great. . .even those of us who think we know everything about the Star Wars universe learn something new everyday. . . thanks guys.