PDA

View Full Version : Price tags

Uriarte69
07-24-2002, 08:05 PM
Anyone have any hints on how to get price tag residue off of cards?? Thanks for your help.

DarthMaulSithLord
07-24-2002, 08:10 PM
I heard baby or olive oll helps.

:)

Beast
07-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Goo Gone or Lighter Fluid is what I use. Works great and leaves no residue. Goo Gone is a little safer, but you don't use much anyway. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-24-2002, 08:27 PM
i just carefully pull it off. the only one that has any resadue is han solo endor bacause the idiot who put the price tags on put it on the bubble!!!
hango:mad:

FlakMan
07-24-2002, 08:27 PM
Goo Gone works really well as Jar Jar says. I had no idea lighter fluid had so many purposes. :evil:

Uriarte69
07-24-2002, 08:28 PM
thanks JarJar, I'd heard of googone for Mcfarlane figures, I didn't know if it was safe for regular cardboard.

Master Goeweins
07-24-2002, 09:46 PM
Test the Goo Gone on an inconspicuous place first. I have used it with great success, but I have also had the occasional discoloring too.

Thumb Wars
07-24-2002, 11:24 PM
Goo Gone is great. i take a few squares of toilet paper and fold them up. then i put a bit of the Goo Gone on the toilet paper. then i hold it on the price tag for about 30 seconds or so. then i CAREFULLY peel off the sticker, put a LITTLE bit more Goo Gone on the toilet paper and hold it over the gooy stuff left behind by the sicker and SLOWLY move it in a circular pattern. then i take a clean section of toilet paper and wipe off the residue, and clean it again a little bit if needed. i do not have a single card messed up by this method.

Lman316
07-24-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
i just carefully pull it off. the only one that has any resadue is han solo endor bacause the idiot who put the price tags on put it on the bubble!!!
hango:mad:

That's probably the best place to put a sticker. That way you ensure that the sticker will not ruin the card.
During the POTF2 days, when everything had a sticker on it, and Wally World and the like didn't really care about the Star Wars collector, I used to wonder why they didn't just put the sticker on the bubble (this was when I was a carded collector, by the way). And now that they do that (for the limited number of places that still actually put stickers on the figures), they're getting yelled at for it. :rolleyes: Sheesh...

End...

Edit in: Oh, yeah... I would also give my vote to Goo Gone, or the other version they have: Sticker Remover (this one comes with a little scraper, and that works okay). I usually apply some to the sticker itself, wait a few seconds and then peel it off. Then I wipe up the excess. If there's any remaining sticker residue, just put a little on a paper towel and wipe gently until it's gone.

End again...

AdmiralPiett
07-25-2002, 02:35 AM
My best advice is to remove slowly. Sunday morning when I went to K-mart to buy a bunch of figs at the sale, I bought some pegwarmers that I already had so that I could return them at Target and Toys R Us with my old receipt. I removed the tags on those very slowly, starting in the corner of the tag, then moving to the middle before I reached the perforation, then continued peeling slowly until it came off.
Or you could.....
Practice in the store. The price tags are unnecessary anyway as they always ring the price up with the UPC scanner. That way if you mess up you can just grab another one and keep trying until you pull one off clean.
Piett

TeeEye7
07-25-2002, 08:26 AM
Goo Gone....the SW collector's best friend!

Chiesa
07-25-2002, 08:51 AM
Defintely Goo Gone is the best solution... Normally I don't need it but some lamers would put the darn price tag on the bubble... Even worse some price tags are like super glued on which makes it irritating... I know how you feel Uriarte69.

Cheers :)

thespar
07-25-2002, 02:02 PM
when i do find ones with prices tags on them i usally pull on the tag very slowly.

DarthJdog
07-25-2002, 03:45 PM
What about if its on the bubble, it smears it and leaves a certain cloudy look.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-25-2002, 04:04 PM
I'm gonna catch holy hell for saying this, but isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) works great as well. I know some people will swear up and down that it ruins the card by discoloring it, but I've never had that problem. I stick a Q-tip in some and gently rub it on the sticker. It removes the sticker well, leaving no residue at all.

thespar
07-25-2002, 04:08 PM
i have not found to many on the bubbles around and i just kind of rub of the glue.