PDA

View Full Version : Will Lott Dod warm pegs?

CLAW
07-24-2002, 09:40 PM
I was curious if you think the first Neimoidian in years will be a peg warmer or a steady selling character. It is a risky figure because it isn't an action character, a senator, and a bad guy. Do you think he can beat the neimoidian curse, or is there even a curse, maybe since every ep I figure was so overproduced they couldn't help it?

Could Lott be a test run for future neimoidians like EP II Nute Gunray, Gilramos Lebkath, or dare I say it, Daultay Dofine?

Hope Lott shows up soon!

CLAW:D

Beast
07-24-2002, 09:50 PM
I don't think he will be a pegwarmer. Look at how many people have been anticipating this figure since it was first cancelled in 1999. Just look at Orn Free Taa to see that it doesn't need to be an action charecter to sell well. Just one that people like and want. I hope that he sells well, we need the ones you mentioned and don't forget Tey How and the also often delayed, Holographic Nute Gunray. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
07-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Most figures end up mildly pegwarming anyways, so he'll just join in with the crowd. He can't be as bad as Nute Gunray - while Rune has sold out here, there are no less than 100 copies of the Viceroy rotting in a few TRU bins. Watto still numbers around 30.

Then again, fans are fickle. So speculation is worthless until the figure hit pegs. He'll sell, how much...I really don't know.

Lman316
07-25-2002, 12:07 AM
I don't think he will, especially not at first. As said by others, collectors have wanted this figure for a while, and on top of that, I don't think Hasbro is going to make the same mistake (like with Rune and Nute) again. Odds are they won't release oceans of them as they did with previous Nemodians.
But, that's just what I think.

End...

Chiesa
07-25-2002, 09:00 AM
I would say that their sales will definitely not be as high as those action figures... Ok it may appeal to collectors but to a normal kid, would he want a non-action character or a action character that made quite an impression in the movie AOTC/TPM... Probably hasbro could release just a smaller quantity of these non action characters so that they won't end up being pegwarmers... Ok I admit I defintely would want 1 of these if they ever do release it! Just a thought to share with you guys...

Cheers :)

The True Maul
07-25-2002, 09:50 AM
I don't think he'll be a pegwarmer he's a pretty popular character and very anticipated!! :)

hango fett
07-25-2002, 09:57 AM
he wil not show up in my area in large numbers at the begging. after a few weeks, there will be as many of him as there are obi-wan (JSP) at my local wal-mart.

Scackmgack
07-25-2002, 09:59 AM
I can't wait to get one...I love having as many secondary and tertiary characters in my collections as possible. They make for better dioramas.

thespar
07-25-2002, 02:07 PM
he will problem fly off the pegs to being with then slow down to the put of others.

aikman
07-25-2002, 02:35 PM
Very anticipated? By who diorama builders? There arent enough diorama fans to keep these from being clearance figures. He is a minor character, he wont sell much at all (after the initial collectors grab them)

hango fett
07-25-2002, 02:41 PM
thats true, aikman.......only VERY anticipated by the couple hundred diorama people vs. the rest of us. like my preveous post states, at the begging he will fly off the shelves, then be clogging the shelves in about a week.
hango :)

Beast
07-25-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by aikman
Very anticipated? By who diorama builders? There arent enough diorama fans to keep these from being clearance figures. He is a minor character, he wont sell much at all (after the initial collectors grab them)
Collector's have been clamoring for the figure, ever since it was learned he was cancelled way back in 1999. It's not just army diorama builders that collect obscure or minor charecters. Just look at how well Orn Free Taa and Supreme Chancellor Palpy sell. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

brentfett
07-25-2002, 04:54 PM
My Wal Mart is drowning in Palpys and Orn Free Tas. No, I think the collectors will get some and then the rest will sit. No little kid will want this figure! At least 95% of all Star Wars figures warm pegs. I never thought I'd see a dozen Bespin Chewies sitting on the racks two weeks ago!

aikman
07-25-2002, 05:20 PM
Orn Free Taa and Supreme Chancellor are all over the place here too...and they havent been out all that long yet.
(Palpys got a bad case of hives anyhow)

Ohh maybe they will be as highly anticipated and fly off the shelves like those fans choice figs too, ya know, the ones on clearance big time now? And like the concept trooper will also...

hango fett
07-28-2002, 01:40 PM
you have a good point, aikman. the fan's choice #1 is still sitting there with the rest of the old POTJ figures at a loccal waly world. nobody even looks over there any more...
hango fettx2