PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusive Accessory Sets Are Out Now!!

Beast
07-24-2002, 09:44 PM
Rebelscum is reporting, and has pictures from a member of their forums that the Target Exclusive Accessory Sets and Action Fleet Sets are now hitting stores. Here is a picture that someone sent into them that proves this. Get out there, and good hunting. Grab a set for me!! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
07-24-2002, 11:39 PM
Great, just when I thought we were getting a break. Will this madness never end?

Well, the good news is, I don't need any of these except for the Endor one, and that's only to get Teebo's drumsticks. Too bad my nearest Target is 84 miles away.:frus:

rynobot
07-24-2002, 11:58 PM
I had seen the new Action Fleet last week when I was in Atlantic City, NJ. I don't collect them so I had no clue abou them.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-25-2002, 01:14 AM
Just when my wallet is emtpy...

Adam
07-25-2002, 03:05 AM
Too bad my wallet is ALWAYS empty..

JediTricks
07-25-2002, 03:39 AM
Gee, I feel real appreciated. :(

;) Seriously though, I got the Hoth one, it's "ok", but $10 seems like a rip, if it were $2.50 less it'd be good.

Beast
07-25-2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Gee, I feel real appreciated. :(

;) Seriously though, I got the Hoth one, it's "ok", but $10 seems like a rip, if it were $2.50 less it'd be good.
Awww, we appreciate you, JT. I just wanted to get the info out quick, so as soon as I saw the Rebelscum report I posted it. I would appreciate you more if you send that Hoth Set my way. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-25-2002, 08:13 AM
i want the arena conflict set just for the extra weapons

hango fett
07-25-2002, 08:39 AM
i want them all! espacially the arena one! it comes with 2 sabers!

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-25-2002, 08:45 AM
thats one reason that i want the arena conflict set, for two sabers

Chiesa
07-25-2002, 08:48 AM
Wow cool... I want them too... Someway somehow i will get the money to get 'em!! :) Thanks for the post JJB!!

Cheers :)

hango fett
07-25-2002, 08:54 AM
are there going to be anymore accessory sets?

Beast
07-25-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
are there going to be anymore accessory sets?
If they sell well, and don't sit like the E1 Accessory sets. I can definatly see Hasbro doing these again. Though I would like to see them become a regular release though. Maybe if they sell well enough, Hasbro might consider somthing like this for the regular line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrunchyNug
07-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Anyone have the DPCI from target yet? That'll make getting these things a little easier. :sur:

thespar
07-25-2002, 02:27 PM
i problem end up getting them by the way is that the same scout trooper from POTJ and if it did the put the dirty one in and not the clean one

aikman
07-25-2002, 02:32 PM
grab these while you can before the selfish army builders clear off the pegs

Beast
07-25-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by aikman
grab these while you can before the selfish army builders clear off the pegs
Someone has issues. :rolleyes: What do you care if army builders buy some. They have just as much right to purchase these things as you do. Atleast they arn't clearing the pegs to scalp the damn things. Let people collect how they want to collect. As long as they are in the hobby for the enjoyment of it, who cares if they buy 1 or 20. Hell, remember that it's those "selfish army builders" that help clear the pegs so that stores can put more figures on the pegs. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthJdog
07-25-2002, 03:28 PM
They alll look great

Mandalorian Candidat
07-25-2002, 04:07 PM
I'm just going to get the Endor set. Gotta have an Imp. helmet xylophone. The rest can wait until they go on clearance.

LTBasker
07-25-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by thespar
i problem end up getting them by the way is that the same scout trooper from POTJ and if it did the put the dirty one in and not the clean one

Yeah, same mold and everything for it.

The Battle Droid is the Security Droid Mold
The Biker Scout is the POTJ Dirty Biker Scout mold
The Death Star Trooper is the POTF2 DS Trooper mold
The Hoth Trooper is the POTF2 Hoth Luke mold with POTF2 Hoth Commander head.

I'll definitely be picking up these sets. Even though they're reused parts, they're ALOT of reused parts. :D And some are newer than others. Plus they also have some POTF2 helmets that are removeable. Oddly though they hollowed out the POTF2 Endor Soldier's helmet to get the removeable helmet for that instead of just reusing the one with the current Endor Soldier. :crazed:

aikman
07-25-2002, 05:22 PM
The only issues I see is someone that lives in the forums trying to show people how much star war knowledge and insight he claims to have...

Jonna
07-25-2002, 05:26 PM
I have this horrible fear that I am not going to find the damn things. I know of two Targets (both an hours drive in opposite directions) and they never seem to restock their shelves.

Darth Trymybestus
07-25-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by aikman
The only issues I see is someone that lives in the forums trying to show people how much star war knowledge and insight he claims to have...

there's nothing wrong with being enthusiastic about the hobby, Star Wars rocks, the figures rock and these forums are a great place to find out things about new figures etc :)
P.S. The new Anakin is AWESOME!!!

hango fett
07-25-2002, 09:55 PM
boy, they could have sooooo many more accessory sets it isn't funny! like one from jabbas palace and one from the podrace!
hango
900th post! 100 more to jedi master! yes!

Lt Kettch
07-25-2002, 10:19 PM
hango, i think your on to something =D

I remember seeing the podrace refueling station form ep1, but i don't think it ever got released, i really want to see these sets sell well, then maybe we could get some more, i think its a great idea to sell them with generic characters too.

For the Future?

Death Star II Accessory Set w/ CTC Stormy or maybe a DS Gunner?

Jabba's Sail Barge Accessory Set w/ Fozzek or maybe the other Nikto

Massasi Temple Accessory Set w/ Rebel Technician

Tantive IV Accessory Set w/ POTJ Rebel Trooper

Boonta Eve Podrace Accessory Set w/ 3 Pit Doirds and engines and such

Droid Control Ship acessory set w/ Tey How

What do you guys think of those ideas ?

LTBasker
07-25-2002, 10:25 PM
Sounds good, Kettch!

I wouldn't mind a Naboo Forces Accessory set, with the Naboo Royal Guard and a few ascension guns that came with the Amidala w/ acsenion gun. Plus some other stuff of course.

Of course a Trade Fed Droid accessory pack from TPM would be cool also, it could have the Security Droid (since those were a little HTF on single cards).

Darth Sidious
07-25-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Someone has issues. :rolleyes: What do you care if army builders buy some. They have just as much right to purchase these things as you do. Atleast they arn't clearing the pegs to scalp the damn things. Let people collect how they want to collect. As long as they are in the hobby for the enjoyment of it, who cares if they buy 1 or 20. Hell, remember that it's those "selfish army builders" that help clear the pegs so that stores can put more figures on the pegs. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Exactly! I cant possibly agree with you more. They clear the pegs, and they pay the $$$, so they have every right to get those figures. Besides, most army builders do leave a few for collectors...And youre right again-They arent scalping.

JEDIpartner
07-26-2002, 12:39 PM
What IS the official release date for these things? I heard "August", but nothing solid. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

pthfnder89
07-26-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
What IS the official release date for these things? I heard "August", but nothing solid. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Thank you Mr. Stein;)

I haven't seen them around here yet, but I'm definitely heading by Target on my way home today. I've been drooling for these since I saw the first pics, particularly the Endor and Geonosis packs.

r2dee2
07-26-2002, 04:34 PM
I got mine yesterday in Colorado, but I read that they weren't really supposed to be put on the shelves yet. Guess it was a mistake. I have pics here of each set and a list of what comes with it. Accessory Sets (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/accessorysetssaga.htm)

Thunderstorm1
07-26-2002, 09:59 PM
Does anyone know if these will be available on the Target.com website? I noticed they still have the 12" Luke w/speederbike?
Targets around here are just now stocking the Jango FB wave. I would hate to miss out on these.

thespar
07-26-2002, 11:22 PM
my target tries to keep up with release of products that is where i found nexu and dexule ankain

CrunchyNug
07-27-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

I hit three Targets yesterday and five this morning in Los Angeles and found no accessory packs, despite sightings all over town recently. I did talk to a few stockers who said that the toy section will be redesigned beginning August 4th. A few admitted that there was SW stuff on pallets in the back, but wouldn't hook this brothu up. I told them that things had been "leaking" out onto the floors at other stores, but they didn't seem to care. So I guess in a week or so, the new accessory packs should be out in abundance.

sith_killer_99
07-27-2002, 11:10 PM
I have yet to see these in person but here's what I plan to buy:

Death Star Set = 4 (1 MOMC and 3 openers!)
Endor Victory Set = 4 (1 MOMC and 3 openers!)
Hoth Survival Set = 2 (1 MOMC and 1 opener)
Arena Battle Set = 1 (MOMC)

I will be hitting Target pretty hard the next week or two!

Good luck all, and happy hunting!
;)