PDA

View Full Version : a whole forum for 4 figures and a speeder????

fourtwo
07-24-2002, 10:52 PM
craziness!
i'm excited for these figs, if i ever get a chance to own them.

Pschtyckque
07-25-2002, 12:55 PM
I'm happy this is it's own forum. I hated digging through the other threads to find out ST info. I hope this one stays around for a while.

hango fett
07-26-2002, 09:12 AM
actually, the star tours figs should be put in the POTJ section beacuse that is what cards they came on.
hango:evil:

macewindu87
07-26-2002, 09:25 AM
you got a point hango the star tours figs should be put in the POTJ section.
mace:crazed:

Beast
07-26-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by hango fett
actually, the star tours figs should be put in the POTJ section beacuse that is what cards they came on. hango:evil:
Actually, while they are POTJ style cards, they are not in the POTJ line. They are modified POTJ cards, note that the "Power Of The Jedi" moniker is missing. These were supposed to originally come out last year, thats why they are on the older style cardback. I agree with Sir Steve's choice to treat it as a seperate line. It fits more in the Saga Line, but best that it has it's own. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-26-2002, 09:42 AM
what was the delay if they were supposed to be out last year?????
hango:evil:

jdmarlow
07-27-2002, 09:06 PM
I was surprised to see a whole new thread myself. I didn't know these were going to be that big!

hango fett
07-27-2002, 09:09 PM
the only rason they are "big" is because they are exclusives.
hango

RooJay
07-28-2002, 01:49 AM
I tend to think giving this line it's own forum was a bit unnecessary also. Especially considering how many times I've heard people requesting an EU forum, which we still don't have. If I'm not mistaken, there have been a lot more EU figures than there will probably be for the Star Tours line, and EU seems to me like it would have a lot more potential for expansion as well. Strange.:confused:

hango fett
07-28-2002, 01:20 PM
oh, yeah...there were 9 of the comic book ones and like 10-14 of the SOTE ones! we need that before these!
1000th post! I AM A JEDI MASTER!

RooJay
07-29-2002, 01:21 PM
Will there be no official response to these issues?:(

Eternal Padawan
07-31-2002, 04:22 PM
I think the title of this thread sums up this entire section with the caveat:

WTF?!?!?

Where's the Jorg Sacul forum? :rolleyes:

ROLLO!

RooJay
08-12-2002, 05:00 PM
I've decided to put my foot down and demand that we get an Expanded Universe forum. If we're going to have a forum for Star Tours figures the we need to have a forum for the EU, which has been a much bigger line.

Beast
08-12-2002, 05:15 PM
While EU does currently rival the Star Tours line RooJay. It has never had it's own seperate line, they have always been packed in with the main line. Plus EU doesn't have the current draw because there isn't any other then Maul currently being produced. The Star Tours line is supposed to have e a total of 9 figures, a possible speeder, 3 blaster toys, atleast 1 lightsaber. Not to mention several other Star Tours collectibles that could be coming down the pipe.

Now I am sure if EU was to get a totally seperate toy line, that Sir Steve would give EU it's own section as well. But until that happens, it's alot easier to just include them in the section that they have shipped with. The POTF2 line EU were still in the POTF2 cases, the POTJ EU were still in the POTJ cases, and the Saga EU are still in the Saga cases. But the Star Tours figures are shipping completely sepratly from the other lines. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
08-12-2002, 06:57 PM
I see your point, and while I do completely agree with you I'd like to state that my entire purpose for posting in this thread was only to express my belief in the pointlessness of a separate Star Tours forum. I have heard many other reasonable requests for forums that make just as much sense as Star Tours.

Beast
08-12-2002, 07:20 PM
Well, the 12" line got a seperate forum. I think that Sir Steve's idea was to clean out the spam from both the Saga and POTJ forums into one seperate area. I'm not against a EU forum, but I don't know if it would get much business, because there is nothing current. Although I am sure there would be alot of hate threads for the EU Maul's popping up in there. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
08-12-2002, 08:12 PM
But there'd be at least one love thread for the new Maul also!;)

JangoFart
08-14-2002, 12:48 AM
I tell ya, JarJar Binks, the more of your posts I read the more I like you. You always seem to approach stuff with a degree of level-headedness which is, sadly, missing from so many folks here.

Holy COW!! Did I just say that I like "Jar Jar Binks"? This surely must be the first sign of the coming end! :)

J

fourtwo
08-14-2002, 04:38 AM
some valid points in this thread. i feel it would be best handled in an "EU forum"...star tours is fairly EU. plus i'm sure you guys would love to talk about you're cool kyle katarns and mara jades and how cool it is they made them right and you guys have em right?

perhaps tossing it all in to one would solve things, but perhaps not.. cause honestly.. one may argue this could belong in an "exclusives" forum just as much as it belongs in an EU forum.

oh well. let the powers that be decide.

oh ya and jar jar...how the heck do you know so much bout these darn toys? you're all over the place with useful tidbits and what not. crazy man!

:p

RooJay
08-14-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by fourtwo
some valid points in this thread. i feel it would be best handled in an "EU forum"...star tours is fairly EU.

Wow! I was just half jokingly trying to make point, but that could pretty much turn it into a serous argument! Why didn't I think of that? Technically, Star Tours is EU! So why not a forum in which we can also discuss the non-Star Tours EU toys as well, and also which ones we'd like to see made? It's also very true that Star Tours could also belong in an exclusives forum, which would give us a forum in which to discuss all exclusive items as well. What tha dilly-o?

Capitan_Moroni
08-14-2002, 09:36 PM
personally, I'd have to avoid a forum with 5 million threads titled "What EU characters would you like to see made?" That would just drive me crazy...

fourtwo
08-14-2002, 11:34 PM
i just wouldn't go in to it.
EU is not my thing

scruffziller
08-15-2002, 02:30 PM
Seperate forum because it has the ooooo Mickey Mouse symbol on it....:p