PDA

View Full Version : Epi 2, Wave 2, 12" figs are IN!

JediWannaBe
07-24-2002, 11:37 PM
Looks like its time to buy!

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS32497A

I am just posting this as an FYI, not suggesting that you should run out and buy these...

derek
07-25-2002, 12:41 AM
i'll wait. i'm not gonna pay $10 per figure over retail plus shipping when these will be plentiful at the mass retailers.:)

the ultimate jango fett has been easy to find, so these, even dooku, should be no different.:)

mini-rock
07-25-2002, 02:24 AM
derek,

I agree.

Super Serg
07-25-2002, 07:37 AM
You're right on the money Derek!
I'm following that same plan.

*SS*

Jaina Solo
07-26-2002, 01:38 PM
It's good that they're in stock somewhere though. Even if the price is extortion. :)

JediWannaBe
07-26-2002, 01:46 PM
Uh, on the $69.99 3 pack price, aren't they regularly $19.99 each at retail outlets?? :confused:
So, they are making apx $3.33 more on each figure, correct?
:rolleyes:
Really, IMHO, that's really not that bad, from a company that JUST sells toys and figures, IMHO.;)

I would rather buy these, than a $45-60 Ki Adi Mundi figure from a vendor.

Darth Cruel
07-27-2002, 02:10 AM
It is really not even an extra three bucks per figure if you consider the prices of these things at toy shops like KB. I can still consider this a shelf price. Thanks for the tip!

Jayspawn
07-29-2002, 01:13 AM
I'm going to buy them at Toys'R'Us or Target when they sell them for $19.99.

tagmac
07-29-2002, 09:21 PM
Let's just hope Dooku doesn't go the way of 12" Maul 3 years ago. That one wasn't shortpacked like Chewie and Ben Kenobi, yet people would wlak out with 3-4 Mauls at a time, then re-sell them claiming them to be "rare." After seeing the outstanding quality of the Dooku figure (added to the lousy quality of Zam and the Battle Droid - making them certain shelfwarmers preventing new cases from being stocked), there is a scary possibility that this could happen.

darth_steeler
07-30-2002, 12:08 AM
The Dooku's are going to fly off the shelves. No doubt. I also think that Hasbro made a silly decision to release Dooku with Zam and the Super Battle Droid.

Zam will be warming the pegs (much like her 3 3/4 inch counterpart), and the Super Battle Droid is probably the absolute most boring character from AOTC that they could have released, imo.

Any minor character would have been better. I understand that they want to save the release of the Jedi Council for the fan club exclusives, but c'mon! Captain Typho, Geonosioan Warrior, Dexter Jettster, Poggle, Taun We.... Geez! This reminds me a lot of the EP1 situation where they release the Battle Droid and then OOM-9 in the next wave *sigh*...

They have basically guaranteed that there will be only one big seller from this release. It's almost like they don't want to make money.

Old Fossil
07-30-2002, 12:46 PM
Darth Steeler, you are right on the money. Hasbro could've -- and probably should've -- shipped solid cases of Dooku. Zam and the Battle Droid (which I agree is most uninspiring) won't move nearly as quickly.

Solid cases of Dooku. Hmm... maybe I should've worded that differently...