PDA

View Full Version : does anyone really care?

aikman
07-25-2002, 01:28 PM
How many people out there were clammoring for star tours figures honestly.

They seem like cheap reworks to me.
Is your collection complete without them , u bet.
They are nothing but a mediocore souvenir , sadly because they have hasbro's name on it will sell.

Ask yourself this , if these were done by some knock off toy company would anyone care?

Pschtyckque
07-25-2002, 06:28 PM
Since I worked on the ride, I would buy them regardless of who made them.

aikman
07-25-2002, 08:46 PM
ok, with all due respect, you represent .000001% of star wars figure buying public

Beast
07-25-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by aikman
ok, with all due respect, you represent .000001% of star wars figure buying public
And with all due respect, you also represent only a small fraction of the Star Wars figure buying public. So don't be so cocky about stuff. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-25-2002, 09:43 PM
Is my collection complete without them? Yes.
Is my collection complete without every figure? Yes.

Not much logic there. I'll get them if I want, not just to complete a collection because I would rather add to it as I wish, which makes it uncompletable. :D

Some are cheap reworks, like R3-D3, but you know what? They're not going for retail quality because these are exclusives for a single place which may not sell too well since they're just there. They're not meant to hit Wal-Mart or anything like that, they're just there for if you want to buy them, then you buy them. They're not gonna shell out a whole lot of money just to make one person happy while the majority of the people may not buy them. So instead of people losing money because they possibly didn't want the figures becaus they weren't interested, then Hasbro loses money, which makes stuff get produced alot less.

So basically they're not really meant to be top-sellers like retail figures, which is why they make them in the cheapest good qaulity possible.

P.S. I think they look pretty frickin cool! Even R3-D3. :happy:

Pschtyckque
07-25-2002, 10:33 PM
you represent .000001% of star wars figure buying public

Actually, .000002%. My buddy Eliwankenobi also worked there. ;)

aikman
07-26-2002, 08:21 AM
I didnt realize that so many people here worked on the star tours ride.

I was wrong in my assumption that most people here just buy the figures, whereas apparently more people here have worked the star tours ride than just buy figures.

I guess I represent less than them.
I stand corrected...

re:
And with all due respect, you also represent only a small fraction of the Star Wars figure buying public. So don't be so cocky about stuff.

evenflow
07-26-2002, 08:42 AM
I think that some look cool, while others dont. I want them because I love Star Wars, and they are Droids, and just something different.

Pschtyckque
07-26-2002, 09:54 AM
So don't be so cocky about stuff.
Umm, where exactly was I being cocky? I think you have me confused with someone else. I'm not trying to claim to be the majority of the Star Wars buying public (like that's a big deal), I'm merely saying I will be buying these figures because they are significant to me.

If you don't want them, then shut the hell up, and stop ruining it for people who do. Thanks.

aikman
07-26-2002, 10:09 AM
I believe he was trying to direct that at me with a really poor example

Beast
07-26-2002, 01:07 PM
Actually, I believe he though that re: was part of your comments twords him aikman. When you quote someone, you may actually want to use the quotes button. And I wasn't using a poor example, I was using your own example. If you don't like them, don't buy them. Simple enough. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
07-27-2002, 10:55 AM
I would really like to get these. I just wish I had a way to get them.

Jedi Drew
07-27-2002, 02:05 PM
Oh...only 14 more days untill my Florida vacation and then I will have these little buggers in my hands for myself and JEDIpartnr..:D :D :D :D HH

Deoxyribonucleic
07-27-2002, 02:48 PM
I got REX from a good friend of mine who picked 'em up in FL before they took them back down and actually, they look real good. REX is HUGE and his bubble is almost too big to fit into one of those star cases. I like him alot and I'm going to get the others when they come out here in So. Cal. Disneyland. :) I love droids and the more the better :)

scruffziller
08-19-2002, 05:35 AM
Hey it's just another aspect of EU and like Dar' Argol says "IT'S ALL STAR WARS BABY!!!!!!"

Adam
08-20-2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Hey it's just another aspect of EU and like Dar' Argol says "IT'S ALL STAR WARS BABY!!!!!!"

Couldn't say it any better myself.

I think I will try to get the, because the more droids, the better. :happy:

EwoksRock
08-20-2002, 09:35 PM
seriously, these figures are actually really cool. I was pretty doubtful untill I bought them in person. Granted I was going to get them anyway because I have always liked the characters. But I was amazed at the articulation and detail in rex. The droid that looks like he's a bunch of wires with binochulers on his head is also really cool too. I can understand about the R2 droid... but you can see through his head! atleast...

The only real thing lacking is there are no acessories. like what about the bioculer head droid's blow torch to fix the r2 droid with?I mean, for ten dollars they could of given them something.

I reccomend that everyone take a look at these.

evenflow
08-21-2002, 06:39 AM
I think they are pretty cool. I am trying to get them all, sadly it wont be in person.

fourtwo
08-23-2002, 07:52 PM
i'd like them becacuse i enjoyed the ride when i was there, it would be cool to have them to look at and think of the ride and the fun times i had with my parents during that trip.

i can see how people who have never been to disneyland or ridden star tours could not care at all.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
08-23-2002, 10:32 PM
I don't mean to be a jerk. I have been to the ride when I was a sophmore in high school (16) and a few years ago (about 24). I can honestly say I have no desire to own these figures at this time. However, I think they are ok and can see why people would want them. I may go back and try and get these after the entire line is done. Just like I did with the Ewoks and Droids line from the vintage era. I had no idea there were this many droids from the ride. I can only remember the Rex droid (I think that's his name). Are these other ones on your way to the ride itself? I just can't remember them.

asiandoood
08-26-2002, 02:52 AM
I want them just b/c they plan to re-design the ride. In 10-20 years, I want to say "oh yeahhh...i remember those" lol :D

MisterPL
08-26-2002, 04:46 PM
I have the first three and like them, but not because they're made by Hasbro or sold by Disney. I like them because they're fun toys and great souvenirs. And I didn't work on the ride, I only rode it a couple times. :D

Sean the Hutt
08-28-2002, 01:09 AM
I care! I love the ride....except pee wee's voice! That ride kept star wars fans going for years when there was nothing. and I mean NOTHING going on star wars wise!

Jedi Master Silas
09-03-2002, 11:31 PM
I think they are very cool.....it's nice to see something different instead of a billion lukes or 4 Greedos that look alike. Dont get me wrong I love each and every figure but change is nice.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-14-2012, 02:08 PM
I got some damaged mail last week, it this bag, and it reminded me of the old Kenner papers that were in SW vehicle boxes about if there were any problems with the toys, how to contact them. So, people really DO care. Even if they bump a Star Tours thread to do so. :rolleyes: