PDA

View Full Version : Graphics for new Rogue Leader Game.

Grif
10-14-2001, 03:00 PM
Has anyone seen the graphics for the new Rogue Leader game that is coming out for the Gamecube? It looks awesome!! They show Cloud City and it looks just like it does on the movie! I need to pick this up .

bigbarada
10-14-2001, 11:01 PM
Yes, they are truly amazing. Let's just hope the framerate stays constant and the controls are better than the N64 Rogue Squadron's (they were good, but the PC version's were better).

ThomasLane
10-22-2001, 01:01 AM
I saw a videotaped demo of it at TRU. The graphics on the web site look much better than what was displayed on the TV. It looks much more "cartoon-ish" than the high-res web shots would have you believe. It still looks fun though.

derek
11-09-2001, 11:58 PM
the graphics are great. i played this one at toys r us the other day. the best part about this game is the 3-D cockpit that allows you to look left and right. it's so cool, i forgot i was flying and crashed numerous times just enjoying the scenery. my one complaint was too many in game cut scenes. i hate these, and a limited flying area. a cool game, but i got suckered on the PS2. i'm not buying a system for one game. maybe this one will come out on the PC later on.

JediTricks
11-10-2001, 09:22 AM
They STILL have limited flying areas? Man, that was my chief complaint about the first one, Lucasarts said this one would be way more expansive! Bummer.

derek
11-10-2001, 10:11 AM
yep JT, just like in starfighter, the landscape isn't limitless. numerous times i'd fly to a point and a cutscene of an x-wing doing a u-turn would pop up sending you back to your designated fly area. i was hoping this game would allow you to fly out of the hanger, through yavins atmosphere and on to the death star. but you can't. there is a PC game out now called "operation flashpoint" that really has unlimited areas where you can explore almost anywhere. maybe one day star wars will have this.

Huckleberry Josh
11-26-2001, 02:37 PM
I think that game looks so freakin cool! It's too bad that the gamecube isn't on my list. Hey Grif , how about that laser tag?

Grif
11-26-2001, 05:10 PM
Laser Tag? Alrighty.:confused: