PDA

View Full Version : Some things i hadn't noticed...

DarthSetnom
07-25-2002, 07:47 PM
Boba Fett's cape and antenna switch sides in ROTJ... after Leia shows the thermal detonator, when he lifts his weapon to point at her, you'll notice they're on the wrong side...

Then on the sail barge they are both back in place.

Also, the Scout trooper Han and the rebels capture on Endor seems to be having a nice, friendly talk with the rebels wright when they open the "secret door"...

Beast
07-25-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by DarthSetnom
Boba Fett's cape and antenna switch sides in ROTJ... after Leia shows the thermal detonator, when he lifts his weapon to point at her, you'll notice they're on the wrong side...

Then on the sail barge they are both back in place.

Also, the Scout trooper Han and the rebels capture on Endor seems to be having a nice, friendly talk with the rebels wright when they open the "secret door"...
They arn't on the wrong side, in actuality the film negative was flipped. It was either done on accident, or was done so that Boba was looking twords Jabba's Throne and Boushh from the alcove. They likely forgot that that puts his antenna on the wrong side. :)

That's a Rebel in Biker Scout Disguise. They knocked the guard out and the old bearded Endor Rebel Soldier took his place. That's why he's so friendly with the Rebels. You can also see him standing with his hands on his head, next to the captured ERS a little later. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

gsr-jedi
07-26-2002, 01:59 AM
One thing, that I just noticed was in ANH, when Luke & the gang trick the stormtroopers and take their disguises, there is an Imperial Officer in a control room that asks why that stormtrooper isn't at his post. Then when Han, Luke, & Chewie go to the Detention Block, an Imperial Officer asks what they are doing with this "thing". Is it just me, or do these two Imperial Officers look exactly the same?

DarthSetnom
07-26-2002, 08:45 PM
Well aren't they supposed to be clones and therefore looke the same?

SQueek
07-27-2002, 12:00 AM
not to make fun but ive seen soo many people post stuff about flipped images and think its a mistake. do you really think they made two mirror like helmets and he wore the other one for only one shot? and obi woke up every day for weeks for makeup and do you think one day he said, ya know just put my braid on the other side?

the film is flipped ALL the time and we never notice it but when we do everyone always thinks its some big time error! people drive me nuts...

DarthSetnom
07-27-2002, 01:14 AM
well that's too bad. see no one ever said I FOUND A HUGE MISTAKE HERE... it's only a topic to discuss

LTBasker
07-27-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by SQueek
and obi woke up every day for weeks for makeup and do you think one day he said, ya know just put my braid on the other side?

I dunno, I think they were just trying to show a different side of Obi-Wan...literally. He was quite moody, "Why do I have the feeling we have picked up yet another pathetic life-form?" so maybe they were just wanting to show that even the soon-to-be greatest Jedi get up on the wrong side of the Padawan braid. :D

Maybe not... ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2002, 01:01 PM
In ANH when they're in Mos Eisley, two troopers look at a scurrier run around. On the other side side of the street, two troopers are doing the exact same thing, only reversed, and there's no scurrier. Too much Copy-Paste, methinks.

Jek Porky 2002
07-27-2002, 04:39 PM
Also in Jabba's Palace there is a shot with Salacious that is running backwards, you can tell because the smoke in the background is going backwards.

scruffziller
07-30-2002, 10:59 AM
Maybe when we see young Obi Wan in EPS 1 when his little padawan braid is switching sides, that is what is happening. Negatives getting flipped.

Beast
07-30-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Maybe when we see young Obi Wan in EPS 1 when his little padawan braid is switching sides, that is what is happening. Negatives getting flipped.
If you listen to the DVD audio commentary, they tell why his braid is on the wrong side. The negative wasn't flipped, cause Obi-Wan's freckles are in the right place. Lucas intended to flip the negative, so he had the make-up artist put the braid on the wrong side on purpose. When it came time to flip the negative, it was forgotten. And now you know, the rest of the story. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
07-30-2002, 07:03 PM
Why not just film it on the right side in the first place?