PDA

View Full Version : PEZ disgusts me.

2-1B
07-26-2002, 01:09 AM
Why do I eat this stuff? :confused:

I just opened my new Jango dispenser, and as if the Grape is not putrid enough . . . along comes the Lemon. :dead:
I'm such a fool because I go thru this EVERY Time I get a new PEZ dispenser. A few weeks ago, it was the clonetrooper. So why don't I just throw it out? :rolleyes:

And what's with the aftertaste?
Is it because I'm not eating them sparingly, one at a time out of the dispenser -- but rather by the mouthful, pouring the whole package down my gullet?

And why isn't there Cherry flavored? Jerry O'Connell talks about it in Stand By Me, why can't we get Cherry PEZ ?

Alright, just wondering how many people like this confection, I'm sure many of you buy the Star Wars pieces . . .

:)

stillakid
07-26-2002, 01:17 AM
Jango is a bad guy. Try eating some Pez from one of the good guys instead. :)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-26-2002, 01:18 AM
I like the orange and the strawberry flavors.

Beast
07-26-2002, 01:23 AM
Pez is nasty. Who wants to eat fruit flavored chalk. I'll stick to Wild Berry Skittles for candy cravings. I need to get a bag after seeing "Goldmember" tomorrow. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-26-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Jango is a bad guy. Try eating some Pez from one of the good guys instead. :)

Nope, Chewie and Wicket had the same effect. :D

plasticfetish
07-26-2002, 01:58 AM
HAHAhahahahahaha
The title of this forum is one of the funniest I've seen.

I suppose PEZ is more of a ritual than a snack.
I've always thought it was odd eating little soap shaped vitamin tasting candies out of a cartoon/movie characters neck.

:]

JediTricks
07-26-2002, 02:46 AM
My favorite flavor is lemon, I think it's quite tasty. I didn't know it offended. :D

Boba Rhett
07-26-2002, 03:21 AM
The lemon ones remind me too much of Pledge. :(

I like the purple ones. :D

LTBasker
07-26-2002, 05:09 AM
Strawberry is really the only one I'll eat. I have Wicket, Leia and 3PO carded. :D

Need to get a Clone Trooper, that sounds cool! :cool:

Pendo
07-26-2002, 08:48 AM
PEZ isn't as easy to get here in the UK, but you still see it in some shops. I don't think we can get the Star Wars PEZ here though :( we're just stuck with stupid Disney Characters.
After trying a PEZ I know why it's not widely sold here, it's DISGUSTING!!! When I've had one I look like a dog eating a sticky toffee!

PENDO!

2-1B
07-26-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
My favorite flavor is lemon, I think it's quite tasty. I didn't know it offended. :D

Curious JT, do you eat them one at a time or by the package? :D

QLD
07-26-2002, 10:59 AM
Gotta agree with Caesar, PEZ is Nas-TAY!

stormie
07-26-2002, 11:49 AM
I've always liked PEZ. It is a fairly benign candy in that it doesn't stick to your teeth, isn't overly sour, and isn't overly abudant. When I was kid, I'd pretend they were energy capsules that would rejuvenate my powers so that I could further my quest for universal domination. ;) :D

However, I'd always just eat them straight out of the package, because loading that dang dispenser was just too time-consuming! :D

DarthBrandon
07-26-2002, 12:07 PM
Pez is just terrible all around, nasty tasting stuff. I just throw them out when I buy the dispenser. I'd rather have a bag of jub jubs, now that's some awesome candy.

Vortex
07-26-2002, 12:35 PM
I like Pez, but I only buy it once in a while.

I found out there's a big difference been the oversea pez vs the american pez.

For example american pez is chalky, soft, and fractures easily. Taste is so-so. We have standard flavors...strawberry, orange, grape, and lemon. Sometimes you can't tell the flavors apart.
Dull packaging, and nothing our of the ordinary. You can push the metalic wrapper through the paper wrapping.

The oversea pez is hard, smooth, sort of like a tart and tiny. Taste is much more pronounced, and it actually tastes like what it says it is. When I was just over in Iceland I bought a few packs that had sour apple, and I seen one that were chocolate, coke a cola, and some other strange flavor...could have been white fish for all I know... And they also had the illusive CHERRY flavor..yum. They even had fruit with faces on the paper wrapper, and you couldn't push the paper wrapper off.

I think I have one pack left from my trip. I may have to borrow a digital and do a little compair and contrast.

I think its a conspiracy...we get the star wars stuff in america, but the rest of the world gets good pez...

mabudonicus
07-26-2002, 12:36 PM
Gotta agree with boba rhett entirely, when I clicked on this I was going to mention the fact that chalk and furniture polish CAN be COMBINED, but really, SHOULD THEY??
I don't really eat any candy, there's animal bits in almost all of it, so I'm not an expert, but PEZ isn't the worst offender- them cheap, cello rolls of disc shaped candy are somehow WAY worse, in the same way though.

plasticfetish
07-26-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
PEZ isn't as easy to get here in the UK...

That's funny ... the PEZ (http://www.pez.com) website shows a bunch of dispensers that it says are only available overseas (outside of the US). There's Asterix the Gaul, the Simpsons and something cool called "Glowing Ghosts".

Most of the Star Wars ones we have are just recycled from a while ago. Did anyone ever get that mechanical Jar Jar PEZ dispenser thing? Does that ... err ... work?

Mandalorian Candidat
07-26-2002, 02:32 PM
Come on Caesar! What did Pez ever do to you? Here you are like a wuss badmouthing Pez behind its back. I bet Pez would feel really bad knowing how much you dislike it. Remember the good times, like when you were a kid and would fall down scraping your knee. After a good mouthful of Pez you'd always feel better.

Just shake hands with your Pez dispenser and say sorry. Doesn't that feel better now? ;)

Lord Malakite
07-26-2002, 06:36 PM
I think PEZ taste pretty good, especially the grape and strawberry ones. It costs too much to buy them without the dispensers though. :(

Now if I could only find the mint flavored ones.

QLD
07-26-2002, 07:14 PM
PEZ tastes like Maalox

Bel-Cam Jos
07-26-2002, 10:26 PM
I saw an R2-D2 PEZ today, but his whole body is the "head," not just his dome. :( I've got Leia, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Wicket, Chewie, Vader, Threepio, Clonetrooper, and Jango Fett. Best flavor is grape, worst is orange. I now have to drink something with my PEZ candy, 'cause I can feel the cavity growing without doing so. :eek:

2-1B
07-26-2002, 10:37 PM
I picked up R2 today and trashed the Grape and Lemon ! :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-26-2002, 11:16 PM
I guess Pez is better left as a display piece and better uneaten. Who knows how many years certain Pez dispensers have been sitting at the shelves at the local Dollar General, Dollar Tree? I'd go straight for the bonkers or something, Pez would be my last choice.

Eternal Padawan
07-27-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by plasticfetish

That's funny ... the PEZ (http://www.pez.com) website shows a bunch of dispensers that it says are only available overseas (outside of the US). There's Asterix the Gaul, the Simpsons and something cool called "Glowing Ghosts".

Most of the Star Wars ones we have are just recycled from a while ago. Did anyone ever get that mechanical Jar Jar PEZ dispenser thing? Does that ... err ... work?

Oddly enough, the future mom-in-law got it for me for Christmas one year. It's still in the packaging in some dusty cupboard somewhere.

PEZ IS NASTY.

ROLLO!

scruffziller
07-27-2002, 10:06 AM
Chicks dig PEZ. Always carry some in your back pocket with a dispensor of course. THey love familiar smells of childhood and will become puddy in your hands.

Exhaust Port
07-27-2002, 10:56 AM
I never understood the appeal of actually eating the PEZ from the dispenser. I spend 2 minutes trying to get those darn little candies into that slot and 5 seconds eating them out. I have a couple SW dispensers but the candy went straight from the wrapper to my mouth eliminating the middleman. ;)

QLD
07-27-2002, 10:59 AM
I never even tried Pez until I was already an adult. My mother would never buy those for me. But I am glad she didn't, BLECH!

mabudonicus
07-27-2002, 11:29 AM
Yeah, true Exhaustport, I never could figure out why you'd put em in to the dispenser, when you can, shall we say, eliminate the middleman. Specially when one jams it up, and you bust the mechanism trying to fix it. I hated when that happened. I have a C3po still on the card form about 4 years ago. Maybe I'll try it.
Another SW candy realted thing, in the early 90s a buddy of mine got a crate of SW cards form 77, and we chewed the gum almost reverently. It still tasted pretty much the same.

QLD
07-27-2002, 11:33 AM
I have opened old football cards from 79-80, and chewed the gum. It tasted the same, but it didn't really turn gummy, it just kind of dissolved...

Slicker
02-28-2007, 10:54 PM
them cheap, cello rolls of disc shaped candy are somehow WAY worse, in the same way though.You kiddin' me?! NECO wafers are da' bomb!!!

I personally like PEZ. Much like Caesar I down the entire pack.

2-1B
02-28-2007, 11:11 PM
I still have Pez from 5 years ago. If you want to dig that up too, Slick, you can have it. :)

UKWildcat
02-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Good to see Slick put that golden shovel to use. :D

Pez is good, although its a pain in the ace to put them in the dispenser.

Slicker
02-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Pez is good, although its a pain in the ace to put them in the dispenser.
That's why you skip that little formality and go right for the jugular.

Kidhuman
03-01-2007, 06:31 AM
Pez is good stuff. Like Caesar, I have old pez. I hate the act of attempting to get it in the dispenser, so I usually down the whole pack

Dar' Argol
03-01-2007, 08:17 PM
I have a GIANT C-3PO pez dispenser that dispenses the full packs. So I get the whole pack without having to go through the hassle. Its sweet!

Has anyone tried the Sour Pez yet??

UKWildcat
03-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Has anyone tried the Sour Pez yet??

Nope, didn't even know it existed.

Dar' Argol
03-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Nope, didn't even know it existed.

I saw it in Wal-Mart the other day. Kinda made the back of my jaw hurt just looking at it.

JediTricks
03-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Sour Pez is ok, nothing particularly super-sour, the sour flavor permeates but is mostly up-front and then has a standard fruit pez flavor following it. I liked the lemon but the other flavor they included (orange?) was not my style.