PDA

View Full Version : Scout Trooper Costume

stillakid
10-14-2001, 11:50 PM
:confused:

I want to dress up like a Scout Trooper for Halloween. Here's the problem: the online stores that advertise having the Deluxe Trooper Mask (yeah, the $700 one) won't respond to my queries...and I understand that all the armor manufacturers have been forced underground.

Does anybody know a) who I can get a Don Post Deluxe Scout mask from and/or how to contact Don Post directly and b) which back-alley I could get some armor from?

Thanks.

GNT
10-15-2001, 02:12 AM
You could check ebay :p

stillakid
03-02-2008, 01:58 AM
So, after looking everywhere online, I eventually just called the Don Post company directly to see what was up. Turns out that they only ever made 25 of the Don Post Deluxe Biker Scout helmets.

As luck would have it for me, one of the employees had one and needed to sell off some things to help finance a divorce (bad for him). A quick drive across the Valley about fifteen minutes away (with a side stop at the bank for some cash) and my long search was over.

It remains one of my favorite Star Wars collectibles.

Sometime after that, I found someone online selling Biker Scout armor pieces. I still need to assemble proper boots, but I have everything else to "specs." I've only had the opportunity to wear it out once, a Halloween party many years ago for the kids. Since then, my son has grown up so much that it looks like he'll fill the costume by this coming Halloween.

At some point, I'd like to get a mannequin so I'll always have a Scout Trooper loitering around. :love:

bigbarada
03-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Congrats on scoring that helmet! It's just too bad that guy's marriage had to fall apart for you to get it.:cross-eye

Sooooo, when did you get it? How much did it set you back? and, do you have any photos of the costume?

Slicker
03-02-2008, 05:49 AM
I've always liked the Scout Trooper outfit. If you have pictures then definitely put 'em up. :thumbsup:

Tycho
03-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I have this Star Wars Nerd costume.

I put it on in 1977 and have never been able to take it off.

Congratulations on your treasure find, Stillakid!

Exhaust Port
03-02-2008, 01:09 PM
We need pictures!

bobafrett
03-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Theres this costuming club, perhaps you heard of it? When you get your costume together look us up!

2-1B
03-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I've always liked the Scout Trooper outfit. If you have pictures then definitely put 'em up. :thumbsup:

I have some pics of myself in a Cruisemissile Trooper outfit...it totally pwns the Biker Scout costumes I've seen out there. :thumbsup:

stillakid
03-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Theres this costuming club, perhaps you heard of it? When you get your costume together look us up!

Yeah, I actually "joined" 501 but never did anything with it. Was also a member of the specific BikerScout group too, but same thing. I just wanted the thing, but never had the gumption or desire or time to go "trooping." Just not my thing.

I have to dig pix out of the files. The armor is sitting in storage with most of my toys, but the helmet is on display here at home. I had the Don Post Deluxe (ESB version) out for a long time too, but put it away for a while.

El Chuxter
03-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Just don't put on only the helmet and run around nekkid.

stillakid
03-04-2008, 01:19 AM

Why not? It's the perfect way to streak. Only a select few lucky gals would know who I was. :lipsrsealed:

Tycho
03-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Slicker's Mom....

El Chuxter
03-04-2008, 01:35 AM
And Slicker's Dad.... :eek:

j/k

bobafrett
03-04-2008, 06:46 PM

I have stood naked in a Wal-Mart parking lot, and I have worn the Stormtrooper helmet while in my street clothes, now I need to combine the two!

stillakid
03-04-2008, 07:08 PM
I have stood naked in a Wal-Mart parking lot, and I have worn the Stormtrooper helmet while in my street clothes, now I need to combine the two!

You want to wear street clothes in a Walmart parking lot? :sur: That's not very unusual. :confused:

stillakid
03-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Here are some old pix of the costume and helmet. I've updated some of the armor since, but it's all sitting in storage right now.

The Scout helmet is #2 off the line from Don Post. I think I heard that Lucas always got #1.

The Vader Deluxe is #600 I think. I still want to get a Darth Vader reveal from ROTJ someday. That's my Holy Grail.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=210767&postcount=7

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=299339&postcount=26

bobafrett
03-06-2008, 01:17 PM
I like the warning on the inside "Not to be worn as a protective helmet". Wow, #2, that's awesome. I have been trying to get Gentle Giants Stormtrooper #523 for my collection.

Slicker
03-08-2008, 04:54 PM
That's definitely a nice costume, stilla. I like the diaper you're wearing. :thumbsup:

stillakid
03-08-2008, 08:11 PM
That's definitely a nice costume, stilla. I like the diaper you're wearing. :thumbsup:

It definitely is the highlight of the uniform. :yes: I know I'll be able to wear it well into old age.

TeeEye7
03-09-2008, 03:12 AM
May I borrow it in the meantime? ;)

(*Takes walker and scurries off as quickly as possible, giggling....*)

stillakid
03-09-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm pushing forty. :cry:

TeeEye7
03-09-2008, 01:01 PM
I'd hate to tell you what age I'm pushing! That's why I want to borrow the diaper! ;)

*I'm off to buy more tennis balls for the feet of my walker!*