PDA

View Full Version : Missing scenes



Pendo
07-26-2002, 10:44 AM
I remember back in 1999 when Episode I was still in the cinema I went to watch it one time at the Odeon in Liverpool City Centre and the version of the film was different than the other 14 times I saw the movie at the cinema and different to the bootleg I had. It had several scenes which were cut on the movie. I was expecting them to be on the VHS and then the DVD but the weren't and I ended up writing the the UK Fan Club about it and then got in touch with LucasFilm and LucasFilm told me that it was my mind playing tricks on me, but I know for a FACT that these scenes were included on it! Does anyone else remember seeing these scenes when they went to see it at the cinema:

When the ship lands on Tatooine Padmé is trying to pursuade Qui-Gon to let her go with him, and she tells him she's trained in martial arts.
When the group are back on Naboo jar Jar swims to the Gungan sity to ask for their help but when he arrives it is empty.
When Anakin crashes his ship in the droid control ship, the Battle Droids are questioning R2 about where the pilot is and R2 is claiming he is the pilot.
And a missing line I noticed, when Obi-Wan is talking to Yoda he says "Qui-Gon believed in him" but in the version I saw he then says "...and I believe in Qui-Gon".

All these bits are in the script and novel and I know I definetly saw them but LucasFilm claim my mind was playing tricks on me. Did anyone else see these?

PENDO!

2-1B
07-26-2002, 11:55 AM
Nope. :D

Was it a digital showing?

Pendo
07-26-2002, 11:58 AM
No it was just a normal showing but thes scenes were extra on it. I even asked my friend who viewed it with me and he says he remembered seeing them too! Yet LucasFilm still claim it was my mind playing tricks on me! But it wasn't :frus:!
I found out that the R2 pilot scene was shot and CGI was done on it, that's why I started the thread because there is the posibility the other people could have saw it.

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
07-27-2002, 09:10 AM
I've never heard of these before, the bit with Obi-Wan and Yoda is on the second disc of the DVD, but I've never heard of anyone else seeing these bits.

scruffziller
07-27-2002, 09:53 AM
Most of what you are talking about sounds like just different dialougue, but there is no way you could imagine seeing that extra scene of Jar Jar swimming to the Gungan city. That would have stuck in my mind for sure. Lucas Films IS HIDING SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!

Jek Porky 2002
07-28-2002, 06:21 PM
I think it IS your mind playing tricks, you've read it and thought about it so much, that you believe it.

DarthBatman
07-29-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
When the group are back on Naboo jar Jar swims to the Gungan sity to ask for their help but when he arrives it is empty.



I've never read the novel but I could have sworn I saw this scene when I watched it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-10-2002, 02:05 PM
I KNOW I saw Padmé say, "I've been trained in defense, I can take care of myself," and I'm fairly sure that Jar Jar did the balancing thing with all those parts, but those are not on the VHS or DVD!

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 06:30 PM
Nobody's mentioned the balancing thing!

Darkross
08-14-2002, 11:23 AM
If you look at some of the previews of Episode I that were shown on Entertainment Tonight....you will see an expanded version of the Theed Core duel with Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Darth Maul. The scene that is missing from the video and DVD is:

Just before Darth Maul blocks Obi-Wan's saber attack from Maul's Right side...and kicks Obi-Wan causing him to fall off of the platform landing on the two platforms below...Maul makes a horizontal slash toward Obi-Wan...in which Obi-Wan jumps backward and then attacks Maul from the left and Maul THEN blocks it and kicks Obi-Wan off of the platform.

I really hate it when they (Lucasfilm) cuts scenes from the DVD, and VHS...especially ones involving the lightsabers and lightsaber duels.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Pendo
08-14-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Darkross
If you look at some of the previews of Episode I that were shown on Entertainment Tonight....you will see an expanded version of the Theed Core duel with Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Darth Maul. The scene that is missing from the video and DVD is:

Just before Darth Maul blocks Obi-Wan's saber attack from Maul's Right side...and kicks Obi-Wan causing him to fall off of the platform landing on the two platforms below...Maul makes a horizontal slash toward Obi-Wan...in which Obi-Wan jumps backward and then attacks Maul from the left and Maul THEN blocks it and kicks Obi-Wan off of the platform.

I really hate it when they (Lucasfilm) cuts scenes from the DVD, and VHS...especially ones involving the lightsabers and lightsaber duels.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I LOVE that bit I don't know why it was cut! I love the bit straight after that where Maul does that jump onto the next platform, it looks cool :).

PENDO!

Darkross
08-15-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Pendo


I LOVE that bit I don't know why it was cut! I love the bit straight after that where Maul does that jump onto the next platform, it looks cool :).

PENDO!

The scene I'm talking about is in the further in on the Theed Catwalk...not as they enter it. It is the scene just after Queen Amidala and her crew use the assention guns to enter the top floor of the throne room.

Yes the scene where Maul does the back flip onto the catwalk is really cool...I love the whole Theed Core / Catwalk duels ...just wish they were longer or that some dialogue was exchanged between Maul / Qui-Gon / Obi-Wan.