PDA

View Full Version : What questions do you want answered?

Pendo
07-27-2002, 11:15 AM
What questions do you want to be answered in Episode III?

I know everyone will probably agree that they want the "Why didn't Qui-Gon dissapear?" question to be answered, but are there any other questions you want to be answered?

PENDO!

darthvyn
07-28-2002, 01:58 PM
how many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

actually, yeah, definitely the why qui-gon didn't dissappear, what does the balance prophecy really mean, who is sifo-dyas, and is darth tyrannus really on the side of the sith, or is he trying to destroy them from the inside out.

Jon
07-28-2002, 03:36 PM
I want to know why Anakin doesn't know he has children and whether Padme lives through the Prequels. I also want answered what the final straw is that pushes Anakin to the dark side. And I want to see if Luke ends up on Dagobah at some point to make his line from Empire become more meaningful.
Luckily most, if not all of my questions should be answered.

DarthBatman
08-03-2002, 11:51 PM
I understand Luke's hiding spot: He's out of the spotlight on a tiny world Vader would never think to check, and he is being watched over by OB1. However, why is Leia in such a prominent position in the galaxy? The youngest senator ever, and Palps never checked out her history, eh?

Darth Grifter
08-05-2002, 08:14 PM
I want to know (or see) how each of the jedi die. Some are more crucial (Mace, Ki Adi) and some are background/EU add-ins (Luminara/Barriss, Kit, etc...) I guess I really want to know how Vader doesn't know that Leia is his daughter, why can't he sense her through the force as readily as he can Luke. I know that Luke's training by Obi and Yoda deepen his connection with the force, however, Leia is still strong in the force. Shouldn't Vader be able to pick up on her relation much sooner. I guess that I would also like the fricken midchlorians BS to be cleared up. Is it all a hoax or is this the real crappy way to explain the force.

No question marks, but a lot of questions.

:p

DarthBrandon
08-05-2002, 08:42 PM
All I want to know is why can't all those Jedi take out Palpatine and one ex-Jedi. I'm sorry I just can't believe that Anakin / Vader takes out all the good guys after seeing how terrible he was in Episode II.:)

Pendo
08-06-2002, 03:26 PM
The clone troopers will probably help Anakin take them all out! That's what I think will happen anyway!

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
08-06-2002, 04:40 PM
I want to know how Boba Fett gets his American accent!

Also, I think that we will see the main Jedi die and Vader will help the Stormtroopers hunt down the rest and blow up the temple. This will be the one where it all comes together, I can't last in here:crazed:

Darth Marra 54
08-07-2002, 11:54 AM
I want to know why Qui gon did not vanish and how Anakin becomes Darth Vader

Pendo
08-07-2002, 12:01 PM
I want to know what happens to Padmé. I hope Anakin kills her that would be fun, but I think she will die by someone else's hands but it helps to turn him to the dark side.
I also want to know what happened to the Death Star plans and why it took the Empire so long to build it, and why the 2nd one was built in a couple of years.
I also what to know what happens to Anakin for marrying Padmé (if the Council finds out that is).

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
08-07-2002, 05:24 PM
We won't find out what happens to Padme, remember she died when Liea was very young, Liea could have been up to 5 when she died. The Council will know I think, but I don't think Anakin will have returned to Coruscant, I think he will have stayed on Naboo with Padme and developed his own skills in the time between II and III, that's why Obi-Wan goes looking for him and that's why they dual.

Darth Grifter
08-08-2002, 12:03 AM
killing padme would be too much wouldn't it? maybe for the effect, anakin could kill someone else important...hmmm... i want to know how the commerce guild and trade federation go from being the bad guys / defense / seperatist movement when the seperatist movement are the ones who will eventually become the rebel alliance. Or, will the rebel alliance form out of something completely different. I also want to know if Bail Organa plays a larger roll than just a babysitter.

Jedi Clint
08-08-2002, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Darth Grifter
killing padme would be too much wouldn't it? maybe for the effect, anakin could kill someone else important...hmmm... i want to know how the commerce guild and trade federation go from being the bad guys / defense / seperatist movement when the seperatist movement are the ones who will eventually become the rebel alliance. Or, will the rebel alliance form out of something completely different. I also want to know if Bail Organa plays a larger roll than just a babysitter.

I think the Empire is the result of Palpatine reunifying the Repbulic and the Separatists. I also think that the Rebellion is formed by the remaining Jedi (before they are hunted to extinction between 3 and 4) and their sympathizers and those that oppose Palpatine in the senate, and that the Rebellion will be a VERY small collection of said individuals in it's infancy.

Jek Porky 2002
08-08-2002, 04:10 PM
The Sepratists merge with the Republic again, Palpatine boots out or kills anyone who doesn't agree with his ideals, and the ones who get kicked out join together and form the Rebelion.

darthvyn
08-08-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
I also want to know what happened to the Death Star plans and why it took the Empire so long to build it, and why the 2nd one was built in a couple of years.

PENDO!

who says it was built in a couple of years? it could've been constructed all throughout the classic trilogy...

Pendo
08-08-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn
who says it was built in a couple of years? it could've been constructed all throughout the classic trilogy...

Well they kept it secret for a long time! And why try building two at the same time, it would probably make more sense if they started construction on it after the 1st one had been built. But it may have only taken a couple of years for the first to be constructed too, but why did it take them so long to begin construction on it if they had the plans from Episode II?

PENDO!

darthvyn
08-08-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Pendo

Well they kept it secret for a long time! And why try building two at the same time, it would probably make more sense if they started construction on it after the 1st one had been built. But it may have only taken a couple of years for the first to be constructed too, but why did it take them so long to begin construction on it if they had the plans from Episode II?

PENDO!

i think i posted this somewhere else, but if you're a collector, you should know that you always get TWO of everything at the same time - one to play with and destroy alderaan with, and one to keep by the forrest moon of endor. too bad the emperor didn't keep either one mint in box!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Jek Porky 2002
08-09-2002, 05:11 PM
Would the Empire eventually have made loads of them if it had the chance?

Pendo
08-10-2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Would the Empire eventually have made loads of them if it had the chance?

Probably! And it would be impossible for the Alliance to destroy them all! The Empire would probably be invincible.

PENDO!

Darkross
08-12-2002, 07:20 AM
It was my understanding that the there were several Death Stars throughout the Galaxy...maybe this is EU...but that was my understanding. As far as building the second DeathStar in a couple of years...I believe it was constructed after the destruction of the first or construction was started shortly before the first one was destroyed. When you consider the size and resources of the Empire...it's no wonder that they were able to construct such a large space station in such a short period of time. Look how fast they got those prototype Star Destroyers built in Episode II for the launching at the end of the movie.

I believe that the Death Stars are constucted in modules and then assembled on-site...kind of like a Cruise ship is. So while they were completing the construction on the first Death Star...the Emperor must had it in mind that he didn't just want one Death Star...so the construction could have been with multiple Death Stars in mind...and they could have started building the modules for another Death Star once the first one was well under construction.

Pendo
08-12-2002, 07:25 AM
Cool info darkross and you're probably right :D! Thanx!

PENDO!

Exhaust Port
08-12-2002, 12:22 PM
Who really ordered the the clone army and why?

Why is Darth Sidious running both the clone army and seperatists (through Dooku)?

Why doesn't Qui Gon or ANY OF THE OTHER JEDI WHO DIED AT GEO. disappear?

TylerD
08-15-2002, 02:23 AM
I am not sure if this has been answered in any EU material (I am not really into it) but,

How does Yoda end up on Dagobah?

Oh by the way, how were we led to believe that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Owen Lars were brothers?

Cool Thread Pendo!

JON9000
08-20-2002, 07:47 PM
I wonder exactly what Padme and Anakin's last goodbye will be like. I also wonder if Anikin will be tossed out of the Jedi order the instant Obi-Wan finds out he married Padme.

Woo-hoo! I'm an apprentice now!

Darkross
08-21-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by TylerD
I am not sure if this has been answered in any EU material (I am not really into it) but,

How does Yoda end up on Dagobah?

Oh by the way, how were we led to believe that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Owen Lars were brothers?

Cool Thread Pendo!

I never believed that Obi-Wan and Owen Lars were brothers...I always thought that Owen was Anakin's brother...but didn't understand how he wasn't FORCE aware...now I do...as this was answered in Episode II.

stad
09-04-2002, 01:34 AM
I know this is EU stuff, but all the time for the Death Stars could be this- First Moff Tarkin had the prototype built in his secret hiding place, basically a shell and laser structure. Then they built the real deal. After actually building one, the second would be quicker to build (you've already figured out your assembly mistakes and such). Just a shot.

JesusFreak
09-04-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by TylerD

I believe it says in one of the OT novels that Obi-wan was Owen's brother. But Lucas changed it and made Anakin his brother.

Wookiee
09-05-2002, 09:04 AM
I'd like to know if either of droids, R2 & 3PO, get their memory wiped. there's been a lot of talk about this. I, for one, don't think R2 should. It really makes him more interesting in the classic Trilogy if he keeps all his memories from before. There are many times when it seems like he knows a lot more than he's letting on too. Then at first I thought it was important that 3PO does get his memory wiped. But now that I think about it more, I think it would be cool if he didn't. It would mean that he's 'playing dumb' in a lot of scenes in the original trilogy, perhaps due to his programing as a protocol droid to be discreet and polite. Anyway I'd like to know what, if anything, happens to these fellas.

Jedi Clint
09-05-2002, 04:25 PM
Whether or not any of these questions will be answered by the next installment of the SW saga, those who would post in this forum must remember:

This is the no spoilers forum. Any information (be it official or otherwise) regarding the next SW movie available at this time (or in the future), has no place being confrimed, denied, or commented upon in this forum.

All those who want to see E3 for the first time with no prior knowledge of what they are about to see, thank you for your cooperation.

mini-rock
09-07-2002, 01:57 AM
I want to know if we will see the Red Guard in action.