PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek figures (merged)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Jayspawn
03-08-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm afraid that JT and LTBasker said it right. Well -it may go on a little longer but at least we got the full Original Series crew! So I'm happy. If they go under we'll see a big ol report on business management -that should be interesting.

Tycho
03-08-2005, 12:37 PM
They don't even finish what they start. They might've finished the TOS Crew, but:

Ent. Broken Bow Hoshi
Ent. Broken Bow Phlox

Ent. EV Suit Reed
Ent. EV Suit Mayweather

Ent. Deluxe Mayweather w. Pilot Station

Ent. Alien Savaal
Ent. Alien Xindi Reptile
Ent. Alien Xindi Aquatic
Ent. Alien Andorian female

TOS Mirror Universe Uhura
TOS Mirror Universe McCoy
TOS Mirror Universe Sulu
TOS Mirror Universe Chekov

TOS Alien Rock the Android
TOS Alien Elaan of Trois
TOS Alien M-113 Salt Vampire
TOS Alien Kang

TOS Bridge Playset

TNG Nemesis Worf (rumor granted)
TNG Nemesis Riker (rumor granted)
TNG Nemesis Troi
TNG Nemeiss LaForge
TNG Nemesis Crusher
TNG Nemesis Reman Warrior
TNG Nemesis Romulan Commander
TNG Nemesis Romulan Warrior

DS9 Trials / Tribulations Worf
DS9 Trials / Tribulations Odo
DS9/TOS Trials /Tribulations Koloth

DS9 Sisko
DS9 Kira
DS9 Odo
DS9 Bashir
DS9 O'Brien
DS9 Dax (Jadzia)
DS9 Dax (Ezri)
DS9 Quark
DS9 Dukat
DS9 Garack
DS9 Martok
DS9 Jem Hadar
DS9 Weyoun (Vorta)
DS9 Founder

Uh, I could go on about DS9 forever (my favorite Star Trek, so I'll stop here...)

Jayspawn
03-30-2005, 10:36 AM
True Tycho, they havnt finished what they've started. BUT...

NewForceComics.com is saying that Series 3 is on the way to them right now, needing to clear customs. So it shouldnt be long before they arrive in stores (fingers crossed). Hard to say if this will be AAs last Trek line or not.

Jayspawn
04-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Here's the scoop on the availability of the DS9 "Trials and Tribbleations" figures....

Captail Sisko (Tower Exclusive also at TowerRecords.com)
Chief Miles O'Brien (NewForceComics.com Exclusive)
Dr. Julian Bashir (Musicland, Media Play and Sam Goody Exclusive)
and Jadzia Dax (ActionFigureXpress.com Exlcusive)

Each will have Classic Trek accessories and a Tribble! (I wonder if the Tribble will match the custom Tribbles I already made for my Classic figures?)

Jayspawn
05-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Well, well. Classic Star Trek Series 3 had finally made it to retial. I'm astonished! I was starting to think Art Asylum had drove itself into the mud. My local Media Play and Suncoast stores have stocked all 4 figures for $12.99, which includes Battle Ravaged Captain Kirk, Vina the Orion Slave Girl, Kor the Klingon and the GORN! And I have to tell ya -they look great! AA did a fantastic job!

On the back of the package it shows the figures including how to do a Kirk-Style Smackdown! How true! Theres also a picture of the Enterprise E and Captain Picard. Lets see how long it takes AA to get that into stores. Another year maybe?

Jayspawn
05-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Here's a great deal! I just picked up Classic Series 3 at Suncoast -who is now having a 25% ALL action figures sale, and I was able to get all 4 new figures for $9-something a piece! I'll chime in later with a review!

Jayspawn
05-05-2005, 01:08 AM
"I will be merciful, and quick...." Yes, here is my 1st review of THE GORN!!! Art Asylum's cool (and loooong overdue) Classic Star Trek Series 3! :nerv:

Likeness: Its spot on! Looks just as in the Original Series episode "Arena." No faults here!

Sculpt/Paint/Detail: Details are not usually an issue with AA's figures. The Gorn just looks amazing. The green skin has a good texture to it, the head sculpt is great. The eyes and mouth very well done. Paint application is good as well -nothing sloply done on mine. The skin has a nice dark wash over it so it doenst appear bland. Nicely done around his toes and the back of his head. His tunic is sculpted on and the lower skirt part is rubber -which joins at the belt. No sloppy application marks on my figure. The design on his tunic is very well done also -front, back, colar, everywhere.

Articulation: The Gorn has 15 points of articulation including ball joint shoulders, hips and head. Theres a neat 2nd ball joint right below his hips to help the articulation. Good idea because the figure has big legs. Also at his elbows, wrists, ankles, and knees. Unfortunatly no waist or bicep articulation -so his arms are kinda limited in movement (kind of like the actor in the suit!) :p

Accessories: My favorite catagory! The Gorn comes with a Universal Translator -kind of a capsul looking thing (gotta love those prop makers in the 70s!) and his dagger. Thats it! Both the translator and dagger fit well into his gripping (right) hand. His left is kind a neutral hand. The translator seems like it could fit somewhere on him, but I cant for the life of me figure out where? I'm supprised he didnt come with that big tree branch he broke off or that canon that Kirk made and shot him with :D

OVERALL: As unpredictible as Art Asylum is, ths figure is pretty incredible! He can still be displayed a number of ways and he's just a little bigger than the standard Trek figures. I'll have to give him an A.

plasticfetish
05-05-2005, 05:13 AM
Ooh yeah, I'm looking forward to the Gorn in particular. Nice review! Now I'm all excited.
(gotta love those prop makers in the 70s!)...or the '60s. ;)

-----

Found wave two of the Johnny Lightning Trek stuff today. Picked up the cloaked Klingon cruiser, Enterprise NCC-1701 (refit) and a "battle damage" NCC-1701 for the kid.

Jayspawn
05-05-2005, 11:09 AM
"A Vulcan, do you also have a tounge?" Here is part 2 of my review of Series 3 and this one being of Kor the Klingon!

Likeness: I have to say that I like Original Series Klingons better than the traditional ones. Kor the Klingon looks menacing -just as he was played by John Colicos in the episode "Errand of Mercy". :evil: Perfect likeness of the character.

Sculpt/Paint/Detail: Have to stand up and clap for Ary Asylum again. The sculpting is done and wow! Not really anything could be done better. The paint job is great as well. The detail in the lines on his vest and his pants -both have a nice wash on them, which brings out the textures on both. Kor is also wearing some shiny high boots and the Original Series Klingon sash made of rubber and painted gold just as in the series.

Articulation: Kor has 14 points of articulation. Head, ball joint shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, standard leg joints, knees and ankles. 14 is a good number. Really all he needs although bicep joints are always a plus.

Accessories: Kor comes with a Klingon Dagger and a Original Series Disruptor. Both of his hands are made for both accessories. Left had for the disruptor and right for the dagger. His belt also has a non-obstructive holster for his disruptor, which fits into well. Of course he aslo comes with one of those AA chips that we all collect for some reason. :frus:

OVERALL: Kor is great toy and action figure. Definatly worth picking up. :) The only thing that would have made it better is if he came with interchangable Klingon heads, maybe Koloth (my favorite) or random Klingon Warriors -but because they made only Kor this time, I'll have to give him an A.

Ji'dai
05-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Found wave two of the Johnny Lightning Trek stuff today. Picked up the cloaked Klingon cruiser, Enterprise NCC-1701 (refit) and a "battle damage" NCC-1701 for the kid.

If the Klingon cruiser was cloaked how did you find it? ;)

I haven't seen JL series 2 so I'll have to check for them. I haven't bought ST micros since Galoob had the license.

I did see the figures Jayspawn mentioned but I'm not that crazy about TOS. They looked nicely done so I wouldn't mind getting TNG figures if they make them. The cardbacks advertise the Enterprise 1701D with Picard's voice so are TNG figures planned?

plasticfetish
05-06-2005, 05:31 AM
Here is part 2 of my review of Series 3 and this one being of Kor the Klingon!Again... very nice! I can't wait to get this one.

If the Klingon cruiser was cloaked how did you find it?Hah! (I can't believe I laughed at that.)

Jayspawn
05-06-2005, 12:49 PM
"I'm a woman, as real and as human as you are." Yes you guessed it, I'm on part 3 of my Classic Star Trek Series 3 Review! And as you guessed, on Vina the Orion Slave Woman.

Likeness: Well this is about as close to getting an action figure of Susan Oliver as Vina, the Orion Slave Girl as you can get. And was the earliest version of exotic dancing they could get away with airing on television. It looks good, kind of plain -but then she's not wearing a whole lot of clothes either. :p

Sculpt/Paint/Detail: The sculpt on the figure is good, Vina's outfit is made of rubber and is scructured about the whole figure itself -very well done. Good detail on her outfit. Her hair is made of sculpted rubber, and sits nicely on her shoulders and back and has a good effect. NECA has used rubber hair in the past as well. Her hands are sculpted in exotic poses.

Articulation: Vina has 17 points of articulation -but dont let that fool you. Its very strange. She has a ball joint head and shoulders, biceps, elbows and wrists. No waist. Her hips have 2 different joints. Her right (fully exposed) leg has a v-crotch joint, thigh, knee and ankle. Her left leg (covered by her outfit) has a ball joint in the hip, then thigh, knee and ankle also. The hidden ball joint is nice but its not very easy to pose her in any position that looks right. After a few days of playing around with it, I got her legs to stand together and her arms in a good pose. So she looks good now -but looked out of place before.

Accessories: Vina comes with a clear, green stand. Thats it. But then she doesnt really need to come with anything else either.

OVERALL: She's a cool figure after spending a few days trying to get her into a standing or dancing position. Her figure is not as exciting as Kirk or the Gorn -and AA has not made a Captain Pike figure to go along with her yet (good God, how long would that take?) :frus: Still, this Vina beats the pants (or dress) off the earlier Playmates version. I'll giver for for being a cool looking figure a C+

Tycho
05-06-2005, 07:00 PM
They should have come out with the Salt Vampire. I loved that alien.

Jayspawn, thanks for the Sun Coast tip: I went there and they had:

1 Kirk (I bought it)

2 Gorn (I bought one)
1 Klingon
1 Orion Dancing Girl

I'd gotten the Klingon and Orion off e-Bay since I didn't want to hunt these down. I wasn't going to get the other 2, but went to the store out of curiousity and when I realized:

Gorn - could be displayed with Captain ARCHER now, since that last episode.
Kirk - is always useful, and the bloody one can fight my Khan and my

Comic Con exclusive Yellow Shirt Captain could join his crewmates...

Green casual shirt could meet the forthcoming DS9 crew.....

--------------------------------------------------------------

MY CLASSIC STAR TREK SCENE POTENTALS (organized by aliens):

KLINGON KOR
Scotty
Chekov
O'Brien ??
Bashir ??

VENA ORION DANCING GIRL
Trip exclusive
T'Pol

KHAN
bloody yellow shirt Kirk

GORN
Archer Away Team suit (I have an extra)

KIRK GREEN SHIRT
Sisko ??
Dax ??

MIRROR SPOCK
Mirror Kirk
Mirror Scotty

Awaiting scenes: - and would be awesome for a Salt Vampire to go with

Kirk
Spock
McCoy
Uhura
Sulu

ENTERPRISE SCENES: (organized by alien)

BRIDGE PLAYSET
Archer Del
T'Pol Del
Reed Del
Mayweather
Trip (away team, out of helmet, looks cool - like an engineer doing something)

BROKEN BOW
Klaang
Sillik
Archer
(needs Hoshi and Phlox in regular uniforms from sickbay scene where Klaang's taken)

SLEEPING DOGS
Klaang
Hoshi (away team)
T'Pol (away team)
Phlox (away team - though he wasn't really there, but might've been)

SHADOWS OF P'JEM
Shran
Archer
T'Pol
Trip exclusive
Mayweather

FORTUNATE SON
Nausicaan
Mayweather
Reed

REGENERATION
Borg Klingon
Borg Cardassian
Borg Hirogen
Archer
Reed

BOUND (repeated from above)
Orion Dancing Girl
Trip (exclusive)
T'Pol

IN A MIRROR DARKLY (repeated from above)
Gorn
Archer (away team)
Hoshi (away team, out of helmet)
T'Pol (away team, out of helmet)

THE AENAR
Archer (away team)
Shran

Anyway, the new figures' release really helps me use my extra figures and put them into scenes.

I really need a good alien adversary to interact with Sulu and Uhura but can't think of any at the moment. Got any ideas? Kirk (yellow shirt) could join them, as Dr. McCoy and Spock could handle the Salt Vampire alone if they ever make her. (hope so!)

It's important to me to OPEN the toys I buy, and display them in associations and if given more time and resources, make backgrounds and the like for them. For Star Trek, this'll have to wait until I get my house, but I can still buy in order to prepare.

Oh, I have an extra Shran and 1 extra Sillik that I wanted to use in scenes. I may buy cheaply enough off of E-bay any extra Archer figures or whatever I may need to go along with them.

Jayspawn
05-07-2005, 11:10 AM
"Bare-handed against the Gorn...I have no chance." The final figure out of the bag is of course our hero, Battle-Ravaged Captain Kirk! Which concludes my review of Star Trek Classic Series 3.

Likeness: Its good, AA captured William Shatner just as before which of course beats Playmates' versions.

Sculpt/Paint/Detail: AA rehashed his version of Kirk out of the ComiCon Exclusive Yellow Shirt Kirk. Its still a great figure anyways. They've added some hair marks to his hairline, and some blood scrapes and marks to his face. His shirt also has some discoloring and blemishes in spots. The figure itself doesnt seem to be very episode-specific. How many times has Kirk gotten into a fight and had his shirt torn or been scraped up? Most episodes where they go down to a planet are like that! Still, this Kirk can be customized several ways -to have him battle damaged from specific episode if you like.

Articulation: Like the previous Kirk figures, the Captain has 20 points of articulation! Count em at the neck, ball joint shoulders, biceps, elbows, wrists, torso, waist, hips, thighs, knees, shins and ankles :eek: Thats the kinda articulation we all like to see!

Accessories: Once again we return to my favorite catagory. Kirk has been loaded up with a good amount of accessories. This time he comes with a phaser, tricorder, communicator, phaser rifle, and extra right hand! Everything the Captain needs besides a woman, his ship, and a star to steer her by.

OVERALL: I think a lot of people are gonna pass on this Kirk for the reason that they already have the 2/3 previous versions. But this one should not be underestimated. It has great potential for scenes and setups. The extra accessories are always good. Its a great figure still so the Captain gets an A.

Alas, Series 3 of Classic Trek is over. Now we have to wait another year before Art Asylum gets around to doing the next series. Maybe sooner? We'll have to see. But it seems that AA has the Enterprise NCC-1701 E and the DS9 crew from "Trials and Tribbleations" on tap next!

Jayspawn
07-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Well, apparently AA had less than an impressive setup at SDCC this year. NO Star Trek figures for display. BUT 3 of their Classic DS9 figures were sold as exclusives from other retailers.

A friend picked up Dax and O'Brien from ActionFigureXpress.com for me. Tower Records sold their Captain Sisko exclusive (though they didnt announce anything on him). I'll chime in with the lowdown on Dax and O'Brien when I get them.

Tycho
07-19-2005, 11:15 AM
They look cool. I haven't opened mine, but I don't have room to display them at the moment.

AA shows the next figures on the back. They are going "the Buffy route" where they unload 4-5 versions of the same character at a time to save costs on tooling by selling variations. This will work for completists, but not for me.

TNG Riker - I may buy
All Good Things Riker - no thanks
Thomas Riker - no thanks
Nemesis Riker - yes - I may buy 2 even!

TNG Worf - I may buy
Klingon Uniform Worf - I may buy
Mirror Universe Regent Worf - I may buy (if they're doing Mirror Kira!)
All Good Things Governor Worf - governor of California - oh wait, that's Arnold (very similar)
Nemesis Worf - I will buy for Deep Space Nine for sure. Maybe 2 if I can use him in a Nemesis scene

If they continue with Next Gen, people suspect they'll split up Picard and Data to entice more interest in each wave: Picard and Beverly, Geordi and Data. What about Troi? She'll sell: Troi and breasts. :D

Hopefully we'll get a new character. If they are reusing body parts, Q, Duras, Gowron, Kurn, Ro Laren, Tasha Yar, many are possible with that route. However, it doomed Playmates (possibly). Art Asylum was held in high regard because they were scaling bodies accurately - like Frakes is a lot bigger than Brent Spiner for example.

Well, I guess we'll wait and see.

Jayspawn
07-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Alrighty, I got around to opening O'Brien and Dax, here's the skinny!

The Package Dax and O'Brien come in the classic style package inside a nice white box to keep them safe -though my Dax had a few dings. Instead of there being Kirk, Spock and McCoy in the upper right, it shows Sisko, Dax and Bashir. And it also says Star Trek DS9 instead of the Classic Trek Logo.

"....and women wore less."
Dax has the same body as Uhura, with a few changes. Her legs are filled in as Dax wore dark nylons in the past rather than going with the bare legs (good thing since Kirk saw her!). The face scult is right on, looks just like Terry Farrell. Her head has that nifty ball joint also so you can turn her head all sorts of ways. I think AA used a different hip piece this time, cause Dax has more of a booty than the Uhura figure. Which is fine I suppose as I've actually met Terry Farrell and she's a cutie! So nothing wrong with variety. AA figures of course come with some awesome accessories, Dax comes with a tricorder, datapad, communicator and 2 fuzzy (pompom) tribbles.

"Of course she was just using you to get to me."
O'Brien has the same body sculpt of Scotty. All the same articulation to a tea, though O'Brien's sleeves have Scotty's Lt. Commander stripes sculpted on -they are just unpainted. The face sculpt on the other hand is entirely new and looks perfect of Colm Meaney with his curley hair slicked back in order better fit in with the past. Only minus is that O'Brien looks a little thin with Scotty's body sculpt, and as we Trek fans know that Colm Meaney is more stockey than Jimmy Doohan. O'Brien comes with a tricorder, phaser, communicator and 2 pompom tribbles.

Personally I love these 2 figures! And even though it takes Art Asylum way too long to make these figures, I really hope they keep making them. I cant wait to track down Sisko (Tower Records Exclusive) and Bashir (? forgot at the moment). And I'm actually looking forward to AA's next Riker and Worf wave.

Tycho
07-22-2005, 08:56 PM
With the character waves they are doing....in my dreams we'd get:

1) Picard TNG 7th Season
2) Picard Nemesis - re-release I guess
3) Picard as Locutus of Borg (use Borg collection body)
4) Picard from "Chains of Command" -black special ops
5) Picard as Dixon Hill (see my comments below)
6) Picard - All Good Things? - They'd have to really pay out some for this one. You can't just do a repaint, but it fits with their themes they are doing.

1) Beverly Crusher 7th Season Uniform
2) Beverly Crusher - All Good Things
3) Beverly Crusher - Nemesis
4) Beverly Crusher - Chains of Command
5) Beverly Crusher - from "The Big Goodbye"

---------------------------------------------

1) Data - Nemesis (re-release)
2) Data - 7th Season Uniform
3) Data - All Good Things
4) Data - Sherlock Holmes (can't see them doing this though)
5) Data from "The Big Goodbye"
6) Data from "A Fistful of Datas" - again, they don't want to spend money and wish to do most of their product via repaints.

1) Geordi - Nemesis
2) Geordi - 7th Season Uniform
3) Geordi - as Watson
4) Geordi - from Interface (cybernetic suit)

-------------------------------------------

1) Deanna - 7th Season SF Uniform
2) Deanna - Nemesis
3) Deanna - "Fistfull of Datas"
4) Deanna - 2nd Season catsuit (maroon)

(They should have done Worf from "Fistful of Datas as well).

The Sailing Ship crew from "Generations" would make nice figures of the whole crew.

The "Voyager-style" uniforms from Generations would also work for nice repaints when actually making Voyager's crew - this wouldn't surprise me, but they declined to do Riker at this point. (Worf never wore the Voyager style uniform).

First Contact Space Suits (Worf, Picard) would rock. They could reuse those for Torres and Paris in Voyager amongst others.

Anyway, at this point in TNG, bodies could be reused for aliens to come in Deanna's case assortment:

(worf's Klingon body) - Duras
(worf's Klingon body) - Gowron
(Data's TNG body) - Q
(deanna's TNG body) - Ro Laren
(beverly's TNG body) - Tasha Yar

----------------------------------------------

Deep Space Nine could happen with the current headsculpts and....

if they did Generations....

4th Season uniforms
7th Season uniforms (from Nemesis line)

I'd like to see the Niner's Baseball Team done, but who knows if that could happen.

DS9 is my favorite Trek, and all the extra background characters are what I most strongly desire. You'd hope AA would make enough $$ on their cost savings from repaints in the character waves, that they could be profitable enough to cover this.

-----------------------------------------------

With Generations uniforms, Voyager's crew could be easily covered for the most part.

Space Suits, maybe Borg versisons, that sort of thing could take things up a notch.

Jayspawn
07-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Tycho, you're not suggesting the Locutus figure be used from the previous Borg Assimilation wave?

Tycho
07-22-2005, 11:48 PM
It might look terrible, but Art Asylum seems to be able to just barely afford the tooling to make the figures if they resell the same thing over and over again. (See Hasbro go that route with Shu Mai, Passal Argente, etc.)

If Art Asylum were to do it, the Cardassian Borg's body reworked might not look so pathetic. But our other choice may be "not at all going to get done."

If that's the case, fine. I don't really want stuff I already have from Playmates.

Of course I'd rather AA totally sculpt a brand new Locutus of Borg for the occasion - but like I said, financially they're at the point where they'd put out "remember when the Traveler also wore a Klingon uniform?" (he didn't. I'm joking. But I mean they want to milk their new tooling for all they can. That's why the Voyager/Generations uniforms seem to make the most sense - not what I'd prefer, but what would be most cost-effective for up to 3 crews!)

Jayspawn
07-22-2005, 11:57 PM
An all-new Locutus is the way to go. I would totally boycot if they stuck a Picard head on the over-sized, disproportionate body.

As long as they're going through the trouble of making the figures anyway, might as well make an awesome new figure.

Even if Art Asylum is bankrupt, and extremely late with their products, at least they can be remembered for their awesome figures!

Fluke Skywalker
07-23-2005, 05:55 AM
For those interested (And if you have a store close by) Meijers has the AA Star Trek wave W/ Bloody Kirk and the Lizard guy (Sorry, not a 'Trek' fan) on clearance.

I haven't seen these that many places, maybe Target at one time. TRU perhaps. The likenesses are great. Too bad we can't get SW figures in this scale :(

LTBasker
07-23-2005, 11:01 AM
That's why the Voyager/Generations uniforms seem to make the most sense - not what I'd prefer, but what would be most cost-effective for up to 3 crews!)

With the shoulder pattern uniform design, if they just did a few basic bodies they could do Generations, Voyager and DS9 crews. Then they would just need to add stitching lines on the shoulders to the female bodies and maybe one male body (since they've already got two grey types from the Nemesis line), they could do the latter TNG movies and latter DS9 seasons.

With the TNG designs they're doing now with Riker so far, they could do some characters from DS9. IIRC, they wore that uniform style for a little bit. I know Sisko did at least on some occasions. What would be good is a Locutus/TNG-style Sisko 2-pack exclusive. Then possibly a basic Borg figure from the Locutus sculpt.

What would be really nice for an exclusive if they got a bit more money from the Star Trek figures would be to retool an Enterprise uniform figure and then put Hoshi's head on it.

It's kinda sad AA ended up like this even though they do good work on the figures, maybe if they had released more at the start it would be different.

Tycho
07-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Enterprise, which I like, bombed out for them. That started things.

Paramount wanted a new ST line (when licensed) to promote it's newest show.

Makes some sense: I mean if 2005 was an "All ESB year" with ROTS in theaters, that'd look wrong.

But Enterprise didn't do as well.

Star Trek's staying power with collectibles rules from TOS.

Anything from Kirk's era sells the best, as Trek has more older fans than younger ones. (Youngsters play video games and ccg's, not collect action figures - in off-movie years, Hasbro knows this).

Trek's old dude fans is its strongest base perhaps. That means the viability of a line ranks:

TOS - first for sure
TNG - out of all modern Trek (Patrick Stewart / Data fans)
DS9 - war mongers like myself gravitate to this one, and figures are made to fight
Voyager - collecting Seven, Torres, and Janeway in tight outfits interests some
Enterprise - dorks in plumbers uniforms (in the case of the worst opinions)

Now, T'Pol's 3rd season catsuits and Xindi Reptillians would have spiced up the line, but I thought Shran, Klaang, and Sillik were great alien figures. The Nausicaan could have been from TNG as well as ENT, so no harm there. It just didn't feel exclusively ENT - but that could have been a selling point.

Anyway, the bright primary colors of the crew uniforms might also inspire candy store crazies (what else do you call them?) ENT didn't provide that, while TOS gives it to us in the extreme.

So who knows?

Was the size too large? I would love a 3 3/4" Star Trek line with ships and playsets for the figures to go in.

Slightly offscale to accomodate toy store stocking size:

USS Defiant (Falcon sized, removeable top = bridge)....
Sisko
Kira
Dax
Worf
Odo
Bashir
O'Brien
Quark
Garack

Kligon Bird of Prey
Martok
Worf
Kor
Kang
Koloth
Dax
Gowron
Alexander
Worf (wedding)
Dax (wedding)
Klingon Warrior 1
Klingon Warrior 2
Klingon Warrior 3
Klingon Warrior 4
Klingon Battle Cruiser

Cardassian Warship
Gul Dukat
Garak
Gul Damar
Cardassian Soldier 1
Cardassian Soldier 2
Cardassian Soldier 3
Cardassian Soldier 4
Cardassian Picket Ship (fighter)
Gul Eveck
Enobran Tain
Ziyal

Dominion Warship
Weyoun
Founder
Laas
Jem Hadar Warrior 1
Jem Hadar Warrior 2
Jem Hadar Warrior 3
Jem Hadar Warrior 4
Dominion Battle Cruiser
Vorta Commander

Breen Warship
Breen Warrior (shipped in mass)

Federation Fightercraft
Admiral Ross
Sloan (Section 31)
Starfleet Soldier 1
Starfleet Soldier 2
Starfleet Soldier 3
Starfleet Soldier 4
Starfleet Soldier 5
Starfleet Soldier 6
Runabout Rio Grande
Runabout Orinoco
Runabout Yangste Keon

Deep Space Nine Playset (with Ops, Quark's, Security, Sickbay, Turbolift, runabout pad, Holodeck w. Las Vegas & baseball field sets)
Rom
Quark
Lita
Morn
Ishka
Brunt, F.C.A.
Grand Nagus Zek
Ferengi Waiter
Vic Fontaine

That's just how I'd start it! Many of the figures above could be recycled into TNG and Voyager waves - the Starfleet Officers, some of the ships, etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

THE NEXT GENERATION

USS ENTERPRISE D
USS ENTERPRISE E
Picard
Riker
Worf
Data
La Forge
Crusher
Troi
Laren
Yar

Kligon Bird of Prey (recycled from DS9)
Worf (recycled from DS9)
Gowron (recycled from DS9)
Klingon Warrior 1 (recycled from DS9)
Klingon Warrior 2 (recycled from DS9)
Klingon Warrior 3 (recycled from DS9)
Klingon Warrior 4 (recycled from DS9)
Klingon Battle Cruiser (recycled from DS9)
K'mpech
Duras
Lursa
B'Tor
Dr. Soran
Kahless

Cardassian Warship (recycled from DS9)
Cardassian Soldier 1 (recycled from DS9)
Cardassian Soldier 2 (recycled from DS9)
Cardassian Soldier 3 (recycled from DS9)
Cardassian Soldier 4 (recycled from DS9)
Cardassian Picket Ship (fighter) (recycled from DS9)
Gul Eveck (recycled from DS9)

Federation Fightercraft (recycled from DS9)
Starfleet Soldier 1 (recycled from DS9)
Starfleet Soldier 2 (recycled from DS9)
Starfleet Soldier 3 (recycled from DS9)
Starfleet Soldier 4 (recycled from DS9)
Starfleet Soldier 5 (recycled from DS9)
Starfleet Soldier 6 (recycled from DS9)
Shuttlecraft Goddard

Romulan Warbird
Romulan Scoutship
Tomaluk
Romulan Soldier 1
Romulan Soldier 2
Romulan Soldier 3
Romulan Soldier 4
Commander Valkriss (Nemesis?)
Romulan Senate leader
Romulan Pro-council
Reman Soldier 1
Reman Soldier 2
Reman Viceroy
Shinzon
The Scimitar
Romulan Scorpion Fighter
The Defector
Deann Troi as Romulan
Ambassador Spock

Holodek Collections from:

Sherlock Holmes
Fistfull of Datas
Dixon Hill

Borg Cube
Borg Scout Ship
Borg Queen
Borg 1
Borg 2
Borg 3
Borg 4
Borg 5
Borg 6
Locutus of Borg
Picard in space suit
Worf in space suit
Lt. Hawk
Hawk in space suit
Lilly
Zephram Cochrane

You could go into Voyager from here reusing some of the Starfleet and Cardassian stuff, Borg stuff, etc.

LTBasker
07-23-2005, 03:41 PM
*stares at long post...finds the few sentences actually related to the point*

It wouldn't of killed AA to start on the TNG crew while doing Ent, plus doing characters like Klaang instead of Hoshi and Trip was a horrible move. Klaang really didn't serve much point even in the first episodes, why make him a figure in the first wave? AA could've released more than the Enterprise figures at first while still concentrating mostly on Enterprise.

Seriously, with as few Enterprise figures that showed up here more waves of figures at the same time wouldn't of hurt.

LTBasker
07-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Anybody thought of hacking one of these Pigs in space playsets apart to make an Enterprise helm station for Mayweather?

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/2734439/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

Old Fossil
07-28-2005, 12:08 PM
This is slightly off-topic, but is there an online resource for Playmates Star Trek figures? I have a collection of 12" TOS characters, but the accessories are a jumble, and I want to match each figure to its correct accessory. The easiest is Kirk, whose only "accessory" is the book he came with; and of course Spock has his Vulcan lyre or lute.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Jayspawn
07-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Not off topic at all. I dont know of any online resource for Playmates Trek items, but if it helps, I have ALL of Playmates 12" Original Series Trek figures, Twidot (even the exclusives!).

- All of the basics come with a tricorder, phaser and communicator.
- Spock comes with his Vulcan Harp.
- Exclusive Kirk as a Romulan as no accessories.
- Exclusive Kirk & Spock from "A Piece of the Action" come with 2 hats and 2 tommyguns.
- Exclusive Admiral Kirk and Captain Spock from "TWOK" Spock comes with Enguineering mits.
- Kirk in yellow uniform was only available in the Masterpiece Edition (comes with a book) and has no accessories.

Old Fossil
07-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks so much, Jayspawn! That's a TREMENDOUS help!!!

JediTricks
07-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Check it out, AA is doing another repaint of the Enterprise NX-01, this time in the Mirror Universe paint job, looks pretty slick actually. The story also mentions the prototype for the 1701-E... http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=101&show_article=178

Jayspawn
07-29-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm defiantly getting the Enterprise E, I'll probably pass on the Mirror NX-01. Now if they offered a Mirror Enterprise from TOS, then I'd be sold!

Jayspawn
08-08-2005, 10:59 AM
ActionFigureXpress.com has pictures (and a Preorder!) for Season 7 Riker and Work. They have painted prototypes up as well for viewing! Looks good to me!

Jayspawn
09-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Riker & Worf (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=41&show_article=397)

Heres a link to some great pictures over at Figures.com of the upcoming Riker and Worf wave and where the different versions will sold. I'm picking up the Season 7 and Nemises versions!

LTBasker
09-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Wonder if later on they'll do a clean-shaven Riker and red shirt Worf from the early seasons, that would be nice.

This makes me want to get the figures more and more.

JediTricks
09-01-2005, 09:40 PM
I don't like the headsculpts on these too much, they're a little too soft and vacant at the eyes: http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=27718&cat=3192

Jayspawn
09-02-2005, 01:05 AM
They do look a little vacant JT. Thankfully they're just prototypes, I bet the final product will look better.

Jayspawn
09-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Hey! AA has just announced that the next lineup of Next Generation figures after Riker and Worf will be Picard and Troi!

AAAaaaaaaahhhh yyeeaahhh!

LTBasker
09-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Wonder if they'll do Picard in science (green/blue) uniform and TOS movies red uniform. I'm pretty sure he wore both in the same episode, Tapestry wasn't it?

Jayspawn
09-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes! "Tapestry" was the episode LTBasker. It would have a good exclusive.

JediTricks
09-09-2005, 02:28 AM
Picard is cheating, I bet they'll just use the head from the Nemesis figure (not that it was a bad piece of work, but it's almost like double-dipping).

LTBasker
09-09-2005, 09:12 AM
True, but they may as well do him. They need the sales, I doubt they want to put faith in something like a line of Troi and Geordi or something like that so early into it. No doubt the third line will be Data and someone else, maybe Crusher? Then they could do Geordi and possibly Yar or Q.

Think they'll eventually do Ro Laren, Katherine Pulaski and Wesley? They could easily do TNG McCoy and Scotty with a bit of retooling.

Jayspawn
09-09-2005, 11:06 AM
What do ya think JT? Think we'll at least get Locutus in the Picard line? Ay least we'd get a whole new sculpt. I hope we get Picard in his Captain's cest from "First Contact"

What if they did an All Borg series (Queen, Locutus, Seven, and Drones)???

They might do those others LTBasker, if they do a line of "Officers" Scotty in TNG is essentially wearing his movie Enguineering outfit with the exception of the combadge. I'd buy one.

JediTricks
09-10-2005, 03:54 AM
I honestly have no idea at this point, AA seems to be in a shambles and can't get product to market in a timely fashion anymore, and they throw the oddest variations out when they do - Geezer Riker & Worf?!? They shouldn't be cranking out 5 variations on each of the 2 characters per wave, they should be getting out more main characters before interest totally dries up.

LTBasker
09-10-2005, 09:19 AM
What's with the DS9 TOS style figures? So far I know of only Sisko who's been released but the rest seem to have dropped off the face of the Earth in light of these TNG figures. Are they going through development hell like the third TOS wave?

Jayspawn
09-15-2005, 10:26 AM
LTBaster, the Dax and O'Brien have been released already. A friend got them for me at SDCC -they're awesome! NewForceComics.com is offering them in a set of 3 w/ Sisko (the only one I dont have). Bashir is supposed to be a Suncoast/Media Play Exclusive but hes not made it to any stores yet. TowerRecords.com has Sisko, Dax and O'Brien in stock for $11.99 each with low shipping.

I'm hearing a rumor now that we're going to get an Exclusive Picard in Captain's Vest with the upcoming Picard and Troi wave. Its hasnt been handed out yet but I think we can bet this is from "First Contact"

Jayspawn
09-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Well, well, well. Looks like Diamond Select has taken over the Star Trek license from Art Asylum. Apparently AA has relinquished their rights -good. Diamond Select will be marketing and producing MiniMates, action figures, statues, role play and ships!!! This is all great news to hear! AA will manufacture the items but Diamond will be in charge.

plasticfetish
09-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Isn't it just that AA will continue to manufacture the same things, but now Diamond is in charge of disribution? I thought (from what I'd overheard at Comic-Con... and honestly I didn't hear much) that the idea was to focus on "specialty" retailers, allowing Diamond to pick and choose who will get various items.

...that is unless some other bit of cryptic AA info has surfaced now.

Jayspawn
09-30-2005, 10:19 AM
I think part of the reason (and I hope I'm right) Diamond Select is taking over Trek from AA is partly becuase AA cant deliver the product. They always have production problems and immense delays. And its frusterating.

Diamond Select has the means, thats why we're going to get a broader range of products this next year.

I wonder what this means for the Worf/Riker and Troi/Picard sets. Probably more exclusives.

What do you think JT?

JediTricks
09-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Diamond Select is taking over distribution and letting AA continue the design: http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=41&show_article=401&nl=1

Honestly though, it's only a matter of time before DST is done with AA and moves design over to their own clowns. Also, DST is barely capable of distribution to their own rag-tag band of speciality retailers, there's no way they're gonna be able to move beyond that into mass-retail distribution. I can only hope that DST gets their stuff together and rereleases more than just the Phaser (though that was a good idea), there's the TOS figures, the 1701-A, and even the minimates which still could have interest if DST only used it wisely. AA barely exists, they're dragging the license down, but DST is not the best route to save it.

plasticfetish
09-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Ahh, well there you go. That's not too cryptic (a little maybe)... "to tighten and expand marketing and distribution." Huh?

So Diamond did "take over" the license, which means very little I suppose. We can continue to have only a vague idea of what's going on with the Trek lines, but now we won't hear what's going on from someone else.

-----

So JT, you've heard/read that DST wants to push this stuff back into mass retail? I'd assumed that they would just continue to shoot for comic-book shops and places like Suncoast and Tower Records.

Jayspawn
09-30-2005, 03:54 PM
I odnt know much about Diamons Select. I only really care if they are able to actually get product released, however its done.

JediTricks
09-30-2005, 04:52 PM
I didn't hear any plans to get it back into mass retail, but honestly, that's pretty much the main focus of most toymakers, the line will live or die in mass retail whereas in specialty it'll do a lot more of the latter. ;)

Jayspawn
10-21-2005, 04:14 PM
I picked up "Trials & Tribbleations" Benjamin Sisko at Tower Records today. They had a few O'Briens also. They were both $11.99.

My Media Play finally got in Bashir also, he was $14.99.

Jayspawn
11-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Woah! Had a little bit of a scare this morning. I was doing some organizing and somehow dropped my Enterprise A. And it quit working! Luckily its working again after I opened up and moved the batteries around. *sigh*

JediTricks
11-22-2005, 07:26 PM
That is exactly why I want to get a backup one! I would hate if that happened to mine, I'd probably cry like a little girl.

Jayspawn
01-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Shouldnt the Enterprise E be shipping soon? I'm afraid to go to Art Asylum's website.

JediTricks
01-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Their site is entirely hopeless and hasn't been updated in some time, their forums have been moved off-site. What I've found out is that the Trek license is now in Diamond Select Toys' hands, and that they are working with Art Asylum to produce this item. Here's the news with some boxed and loose photos of the finished product: http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/news/12-19-05.asp

IMO, the box is ugly, as is the stand, but the ship itself looks very good (even if the paint does seem a tad more garish than I was expecting). DST says the nacelles are permanently attached to this ship, so that means the problems from the NX-01 and even the 1701-A won't exist, and why the box is so much longer.

The release date *has* been pushed back, apparently DST hasn't been able to get them out of the factory and onto the boats yet, so February at least.

BTW, they had photos of the Worf figures, they look awful, the head sculpt was soft to begin with, but now with the paint (which looks like DST's hand) it's unrecognizable, and the body is far shoddier than before. DST is the death of toy lines, this company needs to get help FAST.

Jayspawn
01-30-2006, 12:23 PM
I was able to pick up a Julian Bashir figure at my local Media Play store at 50% off since the entire chain is closing. Now I have ALL the TOS figures! If only I could make my custom Tribbles faster.

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey! It looks like LaForge and Data are next in line after Worf and Riker are done. Apparently those 2 will be hitting stores soon. So we'll see how they came out.

Tycho
02-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Are any of the Worf's and Riker's hitting stores? I'd love to get my hands on them.

Where are they shipping to?

Jayspawn
02-06-2006, 11:49 PM
I've seen them online for preorder in different sets and packages. But nothing in stock anywhere yet.

Sith Lord 0498
02-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Personally, I want to know what the hold-up is with the Enterprise-E vehicle from their "Starship Legends" line. Originally, it was December, then January, now mid-February. WHEN??!??!!?!!?!!?!?!?!?!!??! :cry: :cry: :cry:

:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
02-08-2006, 01:18 PM
NewForceComics.com is reporting that they will have the Enterprise E in stock around the end of the week. So it should be soon!

Sith Lord 0498
02-08-2006, 08:37 PM
NewForceComics.com is reporting that they will have the Enterprise E in stock around the end of the week. So it should be soon!

That's actually the site I was referring to. I just checked the page, and it still only says "mid-Feb 2006"...how did you hear the end of the week??? Did you call their customer service line or something?

Don't misunderstand me...I'm not forcing you to prove yourself. I just want to know how solid this date is because that'll be fantastic if true!!! :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
02-08-2006, 11:15 PM
It says so right on their main page...

http://www.newforcecomics.com

JediTricks
02-09-2006, 04:57 AM
Dang it! I really wish I had preordered with them, Rick at NewForce was pretty cool over the phone when I ordered from him a few years ago. Now I'm gonna have to track it down in my crappy LA-area comic shops.

Sith Lord 0498
02-09-2006, 06:53 AM

Thanks. I bookmarked the link to the actual order page...not the main page. Explains why I haven't seen any updates. Duh!!! :rolleyes:

Tycho
02-09-2006, 12:44 PM
JT, why can't you still order it from New Force? I want it too, but haven't tried yet. Let me know where and how you have any success. Thanks.

JediTricks
02-09-2006, 04:35 PM
I haven't preordered because I was gonna try to track it down here in LA rather than risk waiting for NFC to get a later shipment and then spend $8 to ship it from Florida to CA (that's where they are). To preorder, type in their search box "next generation enterprise" and that's the only thing that comes up, here's the pages:
single version for $21.98 (http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NFCC&Product_Code=dstee)
2pack for $19.99 each (http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NFCC&Product_Code=dstee2)
case of 6 for $18.33 each (http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NFCC&Product_Code=dsteecs)

You click "add to cart" on the item you want and then "checkout".

Honestly, I should order from them, even with $8 shipping it'll still be cheaper than getting it here probably, but something is holding me back - I think it's that "find it sooner than they ship it" thing which ain't gonna happen anyway. Dang, I really shot myself in the foot on this.

Sith Lord 0498
02-10-2006, 03:28 PM

Well, today's the day, and something's not right...

The product page still says "Available for Pre-Sell" with a mid-2006 date. The home page has been updated with current news items, but the original annoucement for the Enterprise-E arriving today is now mysteriously missing.

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Damn, I hate DST! They do everything wrong!

Tycho
02-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Its just as well. I ordered SS Bespin Han today, I've still got to get my Lucas Family and my EE Asto 2-packs and my Disney Star Tours droids. I have enough to worry about.

At least SS is giving me a break because I'm not down for Mace.

Jayspawn
02-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Ooooohhh!!! I just caught a picture of (one of) this years SDCC Star Trek Exclusives!!! Here's a picture of Uhura from Mirror, Mirror

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=8775

The OTHER 3 Exclusives will be Dr. McCoy, Chekov and Sulu from "Mirror, Mirror" :twisted: Ohh I gotta have these!

Tycho
02-12-2006, 12:34 AM
I gotta have Uhura! (and all the TOS Mirror Universe figures).

I still need to get Bashir.

Anyone able to order or pre-order Riker or Worf? From who?

How about the Enterprise E?

Jayspawn
02-12-2006, 12:45 AM
I havnt seen them in stock ANYWHERE yet. So we havnt missed anything. Theres nothing on Ebay yet either.

Apparently theres new pictures of Nemesis Riker and Troi in the new ToyFare magazine. But nobody around me sells it anymore unfortunatly. So its harder for me to track one down.

JediTricks
02-12-2006, 04:20 AM
I hit my comic shops yesterday, they kinda drooled and stared blankly when I mentioned the Ent-E, so I fear a long wait ahead and now I *really* wish I had ordered it from NFC.

Sith Lord 0498
02-12-2006, 10:45 AM
I hit my comic shops yesterday, they kinda drooled and stared blankly when I mentioned the Ent-E, so I fear a long wait ahead and now I *really* wish I had ordered it from NFC.

Why?? There's no indication that NFC got them in either. Like I said in my earlier post, all recent news blurbs/updates about it have strangely vanished from the site, and it's still listed as a pre-order. I fear a long wait as well.

Although...that might end up being a blessing in disguise b/c my collection shopping list just spiked with all of these new Toy Fair images!! :)

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 01:23 AM
Because at least Rick from NFC knows what the hell I'm talking about. :p I may as well have been asking those clerks if Zepu of the planet Gorlmznask was singing the death song of the minor serpent of Motcrodiap.

Tycho
02-13-2006, 11:51 AM
the song of the minor serpent of Motcrodiap.

Hey, do you have an MP3 file for this? It sounds like my kind of music.

Was Zepu of the planet Gorlmznask the original artist or is it on the tribute album to Rachel Ray and Paris Hilton?

Jayspawn
02-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Hey Guys!

The Enterprise E is IN STOCK @ NewForce!

JediTricks
02-14-2006, 09:56 PM
*smashes head on desk repeatedly*

Jayspawn
02-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Well I got my order for the Enterprise E in. I was going to wait but then I was surfing on Ebay and saw the packaged pictures of it -then I had to have it. Cant wait to get it in person!

JediTricks
02-16-2006, 12:31 AM
I saw it at my local comic shop today (Meltdown), they wanted $45, when I saw that I nearly collapsed, then walked out (even if HAD been willing to pay that much, it wouldn't be to them, I bought my Ent-A from them and the damn thing has a significant paint defect on the impulse engine, they don't do exchanges), then went and ordered it from Newforce. It's a little smaller than I expected, the box is big because the warp nacelles are attached, the paint is good but like the Ent-A it's a tiny bit lacking in the subtlety department, the bridge is the effects button again, and on the one I messed with it just repeated the same line over and over, Picard saying "red alert" or "battlestations", I forget which, it's all echo-y like in Nemesis - I *really* hope you can deactivate the voice part.

Jayspawn
02-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah I wouldnt pay that either JT. It would be like $50 after tax anyways.

JediTricks
02-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Even without tax, it's over double what NFC is charging, I mean if they bought it from NFC rather than Diamond they STILL would have made a profit charging $30 or $35, but they got stupid greedy.

JediTricks
02-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Well, in less than a week, NFC has my order ready to go out the door tomorrow (I got the UPS tracking info, that means it's been scanned into the system for pickup). NewForce rocks! If anybody gets one first, let us know how it is!

Jayspawn
02-22-2006, 01:17 AM
NFC got my Enterprise A out the door today! It's scheduled to arrive on the 27th!!!! Woohoo!

Jayspawn
02-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Looks like we're also getting Captain Kirk and Pike with Cpatain's chairs! They're going to be released at the same time, just different versions.

Thats cool -I'm buying!

JediTricks
02-22-2006, 04:41 PM
pics: http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=41&show_article=440

Finally! We've been waiting for that Kirk w/ chair set since the beginning of the TOS line, it's why regular Kirk ended up a convention exclusive (AA had such poor sales with the Enterprise playsets that stores wouldn't order the Kirk one). Pike looks good, but I'm not sure I need that set.

plasticfetish
02-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Let me just quietly step in here and say that... uhh... I'm pretty damn happy to see some TOS figures again. The captain's chairs look great! Can't wait for that Pike set, (now I can only dream a creepy little dream that they'll make a figure of Pike in his blinky-box chair next.)

Jayspawn
02-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Me too plasticfetish! I'm having visions of a Number One and Mr. Spock 2-pack from The Cage. Dought it'll happen but its an amusing thought.

I'm excited as hell over the upcoming Exclusive Mirror,Mirror figures. Not sure how I'm going to get them yet.

Tycho
02-23-2006, 12:28 AM
I think they should make "midget figures" from Plato's Stepchildren! :p

Jayspawn
02-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Alexander!

I was thinking that Diamond Select should do an Exclusive Accessory Pack which includes extra phasers, communicators, LOTS of tribbles, The Space Dog from The Enemy Within, a big stick for The Gorn, a Hypo for Dr. McCoy, and maybe a few plates of colored vegetable/fruit food shapes.

plasticfetish
02-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Me too plasticfetish! I'm having visions of a Number One and Mr. Spock 2-pack from The Cage. Dought it'll happen but its an amusing thoughtOoh, wow... that would be really cool. (I never got the Playmates Spock from the Cage.) That'd make a nice little set with Pike in his chair.

Hey an Alexander figure would be great. Could buy an extra if I ever wanted to do a Dr. Miguelito Loveless custom figure. ;)

I never expected them to do the full Mirror Mirror bunch. I'm gonna need to score a Spock now to go with my Kirk and Scotty. Cool stuff!

Jayspawn
02-27-2006, 04:22 PM
"Somehow I dought, that this will be the last ship to carry the name Enterprise."

UPS just dropped off my Enterprise E! And what a beauty it is! Nice bright purple box, cool design. The ship comes complete -so no assembly required. The details on the ship come from the shapes of its design and the color. Its very well done! The button for lights and sound is the bridge. The lighted sections include the front nacells, rear and bridge areas of the saucer section, and deflector. The sounds include w/ Patrick Stewart phrases...

"Ready phasers and quantum torpedos."
"Fire all weapons."
"*beep* All hands, battle stations."
"Engage." *warp out*
phaser charge and fire w/ enemy attacks
warp power loss and damage sound
warp out

Hopefully AA/ Diamond Select will get more ships like this one out! This has the best detail of the Trek ships, and its a very cool toy. Have fun flying this around your house!

JediTricks
02-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Awesome! I can't wait, mine is expected to arrive tomorrow!

In other Trek figure news...

Photos of upcoming DST Picard and Troi:
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=41&show_article=442&nl=1
I will give them props for getting Troi's female form onto an action figure with real articulated hips, but MAN do those sculpts suck! Awful awful awful!!! Even the commbadges look bad! And why do both figures have big noses and manequin eyes? And why do a new Picard head when they had the AA one from Nemesis?!?

Fwad
02-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Are there any stores that carry the Enterprise E or can you only order it on line? How much did you pay for it? I picked up the NX-01 for $3.00 at TRU last year on clearance but i guess i missed the NCC-1701. Was that one online only also?

Tycho
02-28-2006, 01:58 PM
I wished I could find my 2 ships. After my stuff being put in storage while I was hospitalized, etc. The 1701-A would be most likely damaged as I'd pretty much "permanently" attached it to its stand. The NX came off more easily. Anyway, it's made me hesitate to order the 1701-E but I won't be done going through my storage any time too soon.

Jayspawn
02-28-2006, 05:26 PM
If you still have a Suncoast store around you -they MIGHT get it there. The whole company is in bankruptcy now so most of their locations have closed.

The Classic figures never made it to TRU, Target, etc. They didnt do too well so the traditional retial stored dumped their Trek stuff without reordering. Shame too.

JediTricks
02-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Since this is Diamond Select Toys, any comic/hobby/speciality store should have had access to order these, but not all did, so if you want to pick it up in a store, your best bet is a local comic shop - call first tho'.

Fwad
03-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Thanks i will try Suncoast. When was the last time anyone saw the NCC-1701A ship? Is it long gone?

JediTricks
03-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Sadly, the 1701-A is indeed long gone, I wanted to get another and found that ebay wants a FORTUNE for those things, $50 to $75 on average and I haven't found a search that yields a lot of 'em which suggests there aren't many generally. :( Hopefully though they'll re-release it now that they've gotten together with DST, they're rereleasing the TOS phaser again after all. Good luck!

Star Trek:TNG-era-movies Enterprise-E - from Art Asylum/Diamond Select Toys, better late than never, I guess. I got mine from New Force Comics, NFC had the best price and does a consistant, competant job with shipping, so far they're the top source for these that I've seen in terms of price. First let me say that this is so far above the quality of the Playmates versions that they may as well be representing different ships. That said, the AA/DST merger/whatever has taken its toll on this piece in a few areas:
the main blue part of the warp engines doesn't light up (the first in the series to not have this, even the Playmates ones did)
there are visible gappy seams in several locations
the paint is pretty heavy-handed, the chief aztec-pattern paint is even LESS subtle than on the Ent-A
they didn't paint over the clear yellow plastic on the main deflector
there are other areas that didn't get enough paint and often seem plain due to lack of sculpted details as well
on the underside of the saucer in front of the main deflector, a small "reset" hole (couldn't they have found someplace less obvious for this?)
there's no alternate battery hatch for displaying without the stand so the ship has a hole in the bottom
some of the lights shine through the plastic pretty badly
the sound effects are not quite as good as the others, and adding Patrick Stewart's voice into the mix was a MAJOR wrong, cute feature but should have been able to be deactivated as the voice is pitched a bit high and you just don't usually want to hear it The sculpt is good, but the paint covers a few of the sculpted details, this time around the warp engines are permanently attached to the ship already in the box. The paint that is there is fine and well-applied, if a bit heavy-handed as I mentioned before. The lights include the windows of the decks under the bridge, the main deflector, the observation deck above the saucer's shuttlebay, impulse thrusters (though like NX-01, they don't light as well as the rest because of how far they are from the lights), and the bussard ramscoops at the front of the warp engines; when off, except for the yellow main deflector which looks kinda "eh", the unlit translucent red looks great, and even the translucent blue of the warp engines (which will sadly never light up) looks pretty nice. The stand is a "modern Trek" commbadge with 2 arms forming into 1 and ending in a ball, it's cast in dark translucent smoke plastic, and feels pretty good with the ship - the ship's ball joint receiving cup holds its end of the deal very well too so you can angle the ship to just about anything.

Tycho
03-01-2006, 07:38 PM
So are you glad you bought the 1701-E?

JediTricks
03-01-2006, 08:48 PM
DAMN! I cannot believe I didn't sum that up somewhere in that, I was antsy trying to get through it so I could cover the MR Mini-sabers I got. Yeah, I am glad I got it, I just wish it was better. I'm equally glad I didn't pay too much for it, it's not worth the hefty sums some folks are charging, I'd say with shipping anything over $40 is too much.

Jayspawn
03-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Here's a picture of the upcoming Nemesis Riker and Troi 2-pack that is a NewForceComics.com Exclusive. It runs $24.99 and is scheduled to start shipping in August...

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=41&show_article=447&nl=1

Riker looks alright. The body sculpt on Troi looks fantastic! Although I dont remember her hair ever being pulled back. I'd like to see the front view of her face sculpt. Its a good price for the set also. So I'll probably get this one to go along with Data and Picard

JediTricks
03-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Yesterday, I hit the local collectors show and picked up the Johnny Lightning wave 3 Enterprise-D and the Future version. The new stands are UUUUUUGLY, I dunno how they expected people to want these, they're almost like the stand with AA's Ent-E but all filled in and black metal, they look nasty and I haven't been able to get them to fit into the ships yet.

The Ent-D has some good sculpting and some soft sculpting, so it relies heavily on paint apps and they deliver a lot of 'em, some successful and a few less so. The clear piece for the deflector and the ones for the engines look pretty nice. The saucer separates just like the Micro Machines version, using a peg in the saucer and a hole in the battle bridge, but this works better because more of the bridge shows up; it meets up pretty tightly and I fear the brittle plastic will break after a while. The underside of the saucer separation section actually has some detail too which is cool. It's pretty decent but could have been better.

The future Ent-D uses the exact same base as the regular, even the same paint, then they attach the future parts - the extra section of the engineering, the 3rd warp engine, the thing over the main shuttlebay, the little antenna things popping up the top of the saucer, and the big cannon under it. The separation still works, the cannon separates in half just ahead of the separation, it's pretty clever. The applications look right, although the painted windows on the new engineering don't quite match the style of the others and some parts don't attach as tightly against the hull.

Jayspawn
03-13-2006, 01:30 PM
I read your tip on the other board JT about holding down the button on the bridge, cool!

JediTricks
03-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I found that tip (about holding the bridge button down for 2 seconds) online the day I got the Ent-E, I was looking for comments about the warp engines not lighting up, I thought mine was defective, I quickly came across a review explaining that's how it was and they mentioned it there.

Sith Lord 0498
03-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I found that tip (about holding the bridge button down for 2 seconds) online the day I got the Ent-E, I was looking for comments about the warp engines not lighting up, I thought mine was defective, I quickly came across a review explaining that's how it was and they mentioned it there.

...which makes absolutely no sense. C'mon...one of the "signature" elements of Star Trek Federation starships are the blue glow of the warp nacelles!! How could they NOT include that...especially when the buzzard ramscoops glow red???

Still, it does look like a nice display piece. Too bad that when they finally release it is when I've lost hours at work and can't afford the blasted thing. :rolleyes:

Sith Lord 0498
03-15-2006, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Sith Lord 0498Too bad that when they finally release it is when I've lost hours at work and can't afford the blasted thing. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yep...went and bought it today anyways at my local comic shop for $42 and change. There goes that stash for my Sideshow exclusive Anakin Skywalker!! Have to start over now!! :)

What surprised me was how small it is. I knew it would be once I heard 18 inch length, but I was still shocked. For $40, you'd think they'd make a 20 or 22 inch long vehicle. After getting it home though, I think it's the right size for a display piece. Any larger and it would be difficult to find a space for it (at least it would for me).

The amount of detail on it is incredible!! I love the Aztec pattern design as well as the lettering on the ship. The light-up effect looks good on the impulse engines and the forward section of the warp nacelles. The use of the bridge as the button is very well concealed and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. I absolutely love the ball jointed display stand because it really gives you a variety of display options.

As some reviews have pointed out, the light does shine through the plastic too much, and that kills the coolness factor for it. The sound is also too static-like, and the deflector dish seems way too small.

Yes, it has its flaws and the price is $5-10 too high, but I am absolutely glad that I bought the Enterprise-E. I've always loved the design, and it's great to finally see it with this level of detail. Hopefully, the USS Defiant will get released sometime in the near future.

Tycho
03-15-2006, 04:12 PM
I'd love the Defiant - my favorite SF ship. However, it would have to be off-scale. It would be Johnny Lightning size next to the 1701-E if not smaller. Now I'd love the detail on a large Defiant, so it's not that big of deal. At least I wouldn't be paying $40 for a Johnny Lightning, hehe.

JediTricks
03-15-2006, 06:40 PM
...which makes absolutely no sense. C'mon...one of the "signature" elements of Star Trek Federation starships are the blue glow of the warp nacelles!! How could they NOT include that...especially when the buzzard ramscoops glow red???Preaching to the choir on that one, I am still bummed they didn't deliver the blue parts of the engines, why even have them translucent at all then? I look at the Ent-A on my computer when it lights up and even though it's not a perfect illumination, it still totally rocks. And the blue on the NX-01 is one of its best features.

Still, it does look like a nice display piece. Too bad that when they finally release it is when I've lost hours at work and can't afford the blasted thing. :rolleyes:Oh man, that sucks bad. I hate when that happens, best of luck getting it. I still say NewForce is the best way to go.

I'd love the Defiant - my favorite SF ship. However, it would have to be off-scale. It would be Johnny Lightning size next to the 1701-E if not smaller. Now I'd love the detail on a large Defiant, so it's not that big of deal. At least I wouldn't be paying $40 for a Johnny Lightning, hehe.Depends on which scale you believe, there's no definitive answer as to how large the Defiant is, it may be almost the size of the Ent-E's saucer section which would be way bigger than a Johnny Lightning.

I have to give credit to Playmates, they did their Defiant *very* well, it's one of their best and one of my favorite display pieces.

Sith Lord 0498
03-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Oh man, that sucks bad. I hate when that happens, best of luck getting it. I still say NewForce is the best way to go.

Like I posted earlier, I managed to end up getting enough money together to buy one at my local comic shop. Coughed up $40 plus tax though. New Force would've been an option if they were still charging $22. Now that it's $25 plus $8 shipping...might as well support my local shop instead.

Depends on which scale you believe, there's no definitive answer as to how large the Defiant is, it may be almost the size of the Ent-E's saucer section which would be way bigger than a Johnny Lightning.

It's definitely not that large. Watch First Contact again. Right after the Defiant crewman says "There's another starship coming in. It's the Enterprise!", watch the shot of the Defiant with the Enterprise flying past it. The Enterprise is gigantic next to the Defiant!!

LTBasker
03-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah, technically it is supposed to be pretty small compared to the Ent-E as it's only supposed to have 4 or so decks. However DS9 goofed up by wanting to make the station REALLY large and then wanting to make the Defiant REALLY large.

In the first season you see the Ent-D docked at DS9 and the Ent-D is small compared to DS9. Then, you have the opening later on with the Defiant that has the Defiant being about as large as the middle of the station. This, would make it slightly larger than the Ent-D but the Ent-D is really supposed to be around the same scale as the Ent-E.

They messed things up by wanting to attract more attention to the new shiny things.

JediTricks
03-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Like I posted earlier, I managed to end up getting enough money together to buy one at my local comic shop. Coughed up $40 plus tax though. New Force would've been an option if they were still charging $22. Now that it's $25 plus $8 shipping...might as well support my local shop instead.Oh, I see, you had another post at the end of the page, I missed it. I see what you mean, though I couldn't pull the trigger on $45 plus tax at my comic shop.

It's definitely not that large. Watch First Contact again. Right after the Defiant crewman says "There's another starship coming in. It's the Enterprise!", watch the shot of the Defiant with the Enterprise flying past it. The Enterprise is gigantic next to the Defiant!!FC is the *smallest* extreme, they also wanted to destroy the ship in the movie and the DS9 producers got super mad. Check out this article about the size inconsistancies of the Defiant: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/defiant-problems.htm

If the Defiant is 120m long, then it'd be just under 1/2 the length of the saucer section, FC made it 50m which is ridiculously small (a runabout is 23m, and you can't tell me the Defiant is only twice as big as a runabout), DS9 has made it many sizes, up to 170m, so there's a lot of room for debate.

Sith Lord 0498
03-16-2006, 06:42 AM
FC is the *smallest* extreme, they also wanted to destroy the ship in the movie and the DS9 producers got super mad. Check out this article about the size inconsistancies of the Defiant: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/defiant-problems.htm

If the Defiant is 120m long, then it'd be just under 1/2 the length of the saucer section, FC made it 50m which is ridiculously small (a runabout is 23m, and you can't tell me the Defiant is only twice as big as a runabout), DS9 has made it many sizes, up to 170m, so there's a lot of room for debate.

I see what you mean now. Honestly, I never paid much attention to the Defiant's size across different shows, movies, etc. That shot from First Contact, though, was just so striking with regards to the size comparison that it's stuck with me since 1996.

Tycho
03-16-2006, 09:14 AM
I always pictured the Defiant about the size of the Millennium Falcon. It flew and battled in a similar way as well. The Defiant's probably a little larger - but not much. There's no way it even compares to the saucer section of Kirk's ship. Perhaps it was about the same size as Archer's? Little smaller perhaps. Remember: size matters not. It's what the Defiant does with multiple phaser banks and quantum torpedoes!

LTBasker
03-16-2006, 10:07 AM
The fleet chart on that site is pretty awesome for determining the size of ships and their most accepted sizes like the Defiant's 120meters.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/fleet-chart-1060.jpg

Of course the interesting thing is that if you went by that and mixed it with the DS9 opening with the Defiant shown, then the Enterprise-D should've been huge and most likely unable to dock at DS9. The size the Ent-D is depicted in the original DS9 opening is actually around the size that the original Enterprise should look when compared to DS9.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/station-chart.jpg

JediTricks
03-16-2006, 03:38 PM
I see what you mean now. Honestly, I never paid much attention to the Defiant's size across different shows, movies, etc. That shot from First Contact, though, was just so striking with regards to the size comparison that it's stuck with me since 1996.Yeah, they did a lot of great shots in that film but they didn't pay close attention to the scale between the Enterprise and the Defiant, nor the Enterprise and the Borg Cube (the cube is also too small compared to the Ent-E).

I always pictured the Defiant about the size of the Millennium Falcon. It flew and battled in a similar way as well. The Defiant's probably a little larger - but not much. There's no way it even compares to the saucer section of Kirk's ship. Perhaps it was about the same size as Archer's? Little smaller perhaps. Remember: size matters not. It's what the Defiant does with multiple phaser banks and quantum torpedoes!How many decks is the Defiant? 4 (maybe 5 or 6). How many decks is the Falcon? 1. How many crewmembers does the Defiant carry? 47. How many crewmembers does the Falcon carry? 6. As you can see in the fleet chart Basker linked, the NX-01's saucer is the same size as the NCC-1701, and the Defiant at 120m is about the same size as their saucers. Keep in mind how much smaller the NCC-1701 is to the Ent-D and -E though, the TOS ship is just shy of 300m while the TNG ship is just over twice that and the Ent-E is 40m longer than that. Granted, the Defiant isn't a big ship, but it's still got to have warp drive, fast impulse, significant shields, and HUGE weaponry, that's not going to fit in something as small as the Falcon, there's simply no room.

Basker, thanks for the link to the station chart, I hadn't seen that before. That shot of spacedock dwarfing all the others is astounding, though it does seem kinda weird that the massive spacedock complex is found around a dozen worlds in TNG. :p

Tycho
03-16-2006, 04:34 PM
JT, I agree with you sort of.

The Falcon is sort of 3 decks, if you count crawl spaces: the smuggling compartments, the below-floor-pannel engineering pits (like where Han and Chewbacca are always fixing things), and the gun turrets. OK - they aren't really "decks," but...

Also as far as the Falcon's full crew (if Han could afford hiring the extra help):

A pilot, co-pilot, navigator, communications officer, engineer, 2 gunners, perhaps more engineers - that's at least 7, though Han and Chewie are well-practiced at doing all the work themselves.

The Defiant's minimal crew being like 47 or so, is obviously bigger, though quarters are arranged bunk-style. However, Archer's NX was 87 or close to 90, so it had to be much larger. Kirk's ship could carry 300-500, while Picard's over 1,000 (the "D"). My opinion is that while the Defiant is larger than the Falcon, it is smaller than the saucer of the NX or 1701.

Sith Lord 0498
03-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah, they did a lot of great shots in that film but they didn't pay close attention to the scale between the Enterprise and the Defiant, nor the Enterprise and the Borg Cube (the cube is also too small compared to the Ent-E).

The Borg Cube I noticed was quite small compared to what had been established in the show. Perhaps they were trying to downplay the threat that the Cube posed by not making it dwarf the Enterprise. I remember seeing the Cube for the first time in "Q Who?"...that made the 1701-D look like the size (questionable as it may be) of the Defiant.

JediTricks
03-17-2006, 03:35 PM
JT, I agree with you sort of.

The Falcon is sort of 3 decks, if you count crawl spaces: the smuggling compartments, the below-floor-pannel engineering pits (like where Han and Chewbacca are always fixing things), and the gun turrets. OK - they aren't really "decks," but...If you count crawlspaces and the like on the Falcon, then the Defiant is probably 10 decks at least. But you don't count crawlspaces for a very good reason.

Also as far as the Falcon's full crew (if Han could afford hiring the extra help):

A pilot, co-pilot, navigator, communications officer, engineer, 2 gunners, perhaps more engineers - that's at least 7, though Han and Chewie are well-practiced at doing all the work themselves.Ok, I'll give you the 4 bridge crew, I'll give you the 2 gunners, and I'll even give you a mechanic, we saw almost that many in ROTJ when Lando was flying the ship. But that's it, I don't think the ship can really hold 10 or more people for long stretches of time whereas the Defiant isn't that comfortable but does have crew quarters and facilities for everybody there.

The Defiant's minimal crew being like 47 or so, is obviously bigger, though quarters are arranged bunk-style. However, Archer's NX was 87 or close to 90, so it had to be much larger. Kirk's ship could carry 300-500, while Picard's over 1,000 (the "D"). My opinion is that while the Defiant is larger than the Falcon, it is smaller than the saucer of the NX or 1701.Ah, but you're neglecting to take into account the fact that all the other ships, including the NX-01, had external warp engines which are huge, the Defiant keeps its warp engines in the main hull and that take up a lot of space.

The Borg Cube I noticed was quite small compared to what had been established in the show. Perhaps they were trying to downplay the threat that the Cube posed by not making it dwarf the Enterprise. I remember seeing the Cube for the first time in "Q Who?"...that made the 1701-D look like the size (questionable as it may be) of the Defiant.Very possible that was what they were going for in FC.

Tycho
03-17-2006, 09:46 PM
If you count crawlspaces and the like on the Falcon, then the Defiant is probably 10 decks at least. But you don't count crawlspaces for a very good reason.

OK, then they are False Decks, not True Decks.

Ok, I'll give you the 4 bridge crew, I'll give you the 2 gunners, and I'll even give you a mechanic, we saw almost that many in ROTJ when Lando was flying the ship. But that's it, I don't think the ship can really hold 10 or more people for long stretches of time whereas the Defiant isn't that comfortable but does have crew quarters and facilities for everybody there.

Weren't they lucky the DEFIANT'S crew never got stuck in the Delta Quadrant? Chakotay was even luckier that Janeway came along with Voyager!

Ah, but you're neglecting to take into account the fact that all the other ships, including the NX-01, had external warp engines which are huge, the Defiant keeps its warp engines in the main hull and that take up a lot of space.

Great point! :)

Jayspawn
05-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Woohoo!!!! Another NEW Trek Exclusive avalable at SDCC!......

Lt. Marlena Moreau! from "Mirror, Mirror"

Here's the link w/ picture...

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=41&show_article=472&nl=1

Tycho
05-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Sorry to give a certain site a web hit. However, I do like that figure!

Mmmm. Yum.

"Calm down Tycho. It's only plastic."

"Yes, but I wonder what it smells like."

plasticfetish
05-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Sorry to give a certain site a web hit...
There's also a photo >> here (http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/article.asp?ai=29136). ;)

That's a great looking figure. Hope I can make it down to San Diego.

Tycho
05-30-2006, 05:28 PM
I got my 1701-E today and my Nemesis Worf 2-pack (shipped in separate boxes containing one figure each - but the whole thing came in one large UPS box).

Worf looks good. I have no intention of opening him in the present. He comes with that bazooka weapon he used in Insurrection as well as a standard SF phaser rifle he uses in Nemesis and on various episodes of DS9.

I'm going to use one of him with a group from Nemesis and one with a DS9 crew in regular uniforms that I hope they'll eventually make.

The 1701-E. Hmmmm.

I love the stand. Very sturdy.

I think the sound effects are cool and well-chosen.

The ship is on display with my other 2 Art Asylum ships (the NX and 1701-A).

It is "the longest" of them all, but also scaled the smallest.

I like the 1701-A (Kirk's ship from the movies) the best out of the 3 of them. The "E" is possibly nicer than the NX, but the "A" stands out above the others for sure.

JediTricks
05-30-2006, 11:02 PM
I'll agree that the 1701-A is the finest of the lot, but I'm not entirely sure the NX-01 is lesser than the E, it's not that I prefer the NX to the E, just that I think the deco and lighting may be at least as good.

Jayspawn
05-31-2006, 12:47 PM
The base for the Ent E is the best by far. The Ent A is my favorite but the base stinks. Mine is starting to crack at the base because of the weight of the ship. The bases need to be more sturdy. I'm not thrilled about the Classic Enterprise getting an old base either.

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 06:07 PM
The 1701-E is the only one I'm using the base with, the others I have displayed loose (the 1701-A is right here on top of my computer mini-tower).

LTBasker
06-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Pictures of new Trek figures have shown up from Wizard World Philly including FC Geordi and Data, AGT Geordi and Data, and Barclay.

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2006_Wizard_World_Philadelphia%2FDiamond%2FS tar_Trek&start=15

I'm quite surprised they're doing Barclay although I suspect it's only because they can reuse Geordi or Data's body and just needed the head. I wonder if they really want to take care of support characters and will be doing Ro Laren, Yar and O'Brien or if they mainly did Barclay because he was also in Voyager and FC. Maybe we'll see O'Brien with Crusher?

Surprisingly FC Data seems to have an extra arm that has the area exposed where they had the skin-graf and that part of his face is also missing, but no extra head shown?

No FC full uniform Picard is shown either, do you suppose they won't do him and you just have to pick up Nemesis Picard (and Data if they don't include an extra head)?

Cool thing to note, TNG Data comes with Spot as an accessory. :D

Also on display is the sexy TOS Enterprise and packaged pics of the Captain's chair sets.

Tycho
06-04-2006, 05:33 PM
The Lore as a Borg (Descent Parts I & II) figure looks really good actually.

If they made Spot (with Data), it's too bad that there isn't another Archer figure planned with PORTHOS! Of all the Star Trek pets, Porthos had the most screen time and character development!

The 1701 TOS Enterprise is seriously tempting me. I have all the ships (a whopping 3 of them) thus far. I could see myself:

1) Passing on the 1701 because I have the refit 1701-A

or

2) Hating myself for not getting TOS 1701 if they make the Klingon D-12 and Romulan Bird of Prey (BOP is the correct term for those days) from TOS. I prefer the more realistic looking ships (movies, modern era Trek) but there is something so nostalgic about TOS ships.

Sulu looks cool. Marla Monroe looks too sexy. I forgot if they made (and whether I have) Uhura in that Mirror Universe outfit (Oh, what I wouldn't give for Hoshi and T'Pol in theirs! - or Kira as the Intendent)

Let me double-check the Mirror figures from TOS:

Kirk - yup
Spock -yup
McCoy - I think so
Scotty - yup - a SDCC exclusive if I recall - and I have him
Sulu - coming right up
Chekov - I think it's coming
Uhura - I think it's been done and I have her (I wouldn't have missed on that)

As far as TNG figures are concerned:

All Good Things - I'll pass. They're nice, but no thanks
Borg Assimilation figures (of the crew, Lore, Picard) - Lore's tempting, but no
7th Season Uniforms - nice but nah

Variations like DS9 Klingon Officer and Mirror Universe Regent - might have to get the Regent as a DS9 Mirror Universe Collection might include hot figures of Kira, Ezri, and a cool Garak in Cardassian Uniform one day

Nemesis (movie uniform) TNG - I'm all over this. Got Picard / Data from Nemesis along with Shinzon and the Reman Viceroy (including an extra of him to fight Riker)

I got an extra Picard and Data to be "First Contact" challengers to my regular AA Borgs.

I got 2 Worfs just last week (for Nemesis and an eventual DS9 regular crew)

I'm waiting on Riker (to fight the Viceroy) and Troi - for Voyager or the Nemesis scene where Shinzon first discovers her? But I don't need extras of her whereas I'd like another Riker figure by himself for that "first meeting scene." Of course, I could use her and a Barclay figure to eventually go with Voyager figures. I don't recall if Deanna ever met the Voyager characters or if her scenes were exclusively with Barclay (I'm watching 7th season Voyager now)

Anyway, I hope sales go good for Diamond/AA because I'd love to see the line continue, but I'm not one to talk about "doing my part," as there's very specific things I want, and I couldn't be bothered with a lot of the rest.

JediTricks
06-04-2006, 06:23 PM
TOS Enterprise looks better than I expected, maybe bigger too.

Packaging on the Captain's Chair sets looks awful IMO, dull and dark and dismal.

I'm not sure if I regret not getting the figures in this line or what, sometimes I feel like my TNG heritage demands it, but then there are so many sculpting things I suspect I'd dislike in person.

LTBasker
06-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally I wasn't going to worry about the TNG figures but I've given in, they look too good IMO. Granted, they have alot of issues but I think they would look great in a large crew display. I think some I'll just get to have carded like the AGT figures, I think they're interesting but not exactly something I need on card and loose. You can see them well enough on card.

Lore I'll probably just get one carded and Mirror universe Worf. Would skip Empire Soldier Worf but I think he would look awesome posed with the bat'leth.

I wonder if they'll do red shirt versions of Data and Geordi when they come out? IIRC, Geordi was just a junior grade Lieutenant like Worf and was then promoted to full Lieutenant, so that would involve just painting the second pip black and the shirt red. I'm pretty sure he mostly looked the same unlike Worf that had a gold sash thing and different hair-style.

Data of course looks the same as always, so he should just need to be repainted for those few occasions when he wore a command shirt.

Personally, I'm hoping for some Q action.

Tycho
06-04-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm not a big TNG person. I like that crew, don't get me wrong, but I'm hoping we see a lot of DS9, their recurring characters (maybe a Cardassian Uniform body for example to be used for Dukat, (Garak Mirror), and a common soldier, Damar, etc. and a lot of the rest.

I also want a "Niners" baseball team complete with baseball accessories. That was such a fun episode. "Come on, ROM!"

LTBasker
06-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah I'm hoping for some DS9 as well, hopefully a sweet Jem'Hadar solider and Defiant!

Jayspawn
06-05-2006, 12:04 PM
I dont like the Captain's Chair packages either JT. Too dark -doesnt do anything for the figures.

I love that Marlena figure! Yowza! :eek:

Sith Lord 0498
06-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah I'm hoping for some DS9 as well, hopefully a sweet Jem'Hadar solider and Defiant!

Defiant would be awesome!!! I might even splurge for a USS Voyager too (but if it's $40 as well...probably not). But Defiant is a definite must-have!!!

JediTricks
06-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Funny, Playmates' DS9, Voyager, and Defiant were some of their best work.

LTBasker
06-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Theres no denying that, I'd just like to see Asylum give them a whack. Wouldn't mind a Voyager either, the Playmates one costs an arm and a leg now.

Tycho
06-06-2006, 05:17 PM
I have my concerns about the Defiant being really off-scale to the other AA ships, but maybe Johnny Lightning will do one that I can display next to the AA ships, and then put a "real" AA Defiant in another room. It is afterall, my favorite ST ship.

I would be so down for buying Voyager, too.

And wouldn't a Johnny Lightning Delta Flyer rock?

LTBasker
06-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Eh, possibly. I don't really like the JL ships, the Furuta ships are alot better looking and packaged, IMO.

If you want a Delta Flyer to be around the scale of a Voyager toy, probably the Hallmark one is your best bet:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Trek-DELTA-FLYER-Ornament-Hallmark_W0QQitemZ6063305427QQcategoryZ155QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It would require a bit of customizing (but nothing major) as it has the gold hook loop in the top and the bottom has an electronic cable coming out.

Also, the Furuta Defiant could be close to accurate scale to the AA Ent-E.

Tycho
06-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Thanks Basker. That Delta Flyer looks sweet. I may bid myself.

So who's Furuta? What kind of company are they? (Model kits, die-cast, MicroMachines, etc?)

Is Johnny Lightning not going to do a Delta Flyer or Defiant because this other company did?

LTBasker
06-07-2006, 03:16 AM
Furuta is a japanese company has a Trek line that are around SW die-cast scale or so, there was another company like them but I can't remember their name. Both companies' Trek ships are pretty awesomely done, I doubt JL would skip the DF and Defiant cause of these companies.

I think Britcit3 probably has some and good pics of them on his site, but it seems to be down now. Maybe if you email he can take some pics for you?

JediTricks
06-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Check it out, Master Replicas is doing a studio-scale replica of the TOS Enterprise! Check out those photos! At first I thought they were CGI because they looked so clean:

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=29&p2_articleid=164

And it lights up, including the bussard collectors on the front of the nacelles, this is a nice replica. If I had the money and/or the 3' of space, I'd so totally get this!

Tycho
06-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Wow! That thing's like PERFECT!

plasticfetish
06-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah, wow... that's incredible! I wish they'd given a little more lead time with it though... when's it coming out? Five days from now? Not enough time to sell my car for money. :D

JediTricks
06-10-2006, 04:43 PM
It's only a preorder, it doesn't ship till the end of the year.

I only wish they could have cheated the prop accuracy and had the shuttlebay open with the sliding Gallileo 5 moving around in there. :D

Tycho
06-10-2006, 05:00 PM
What ship would you want them to make in that much detail next?

I'm really tempted to say the 1701-E actually - with removeable First Contact escape pods and everything - not to mention how many shuttlebays on that thing, plus the Insurrection Captain's Yacht?

JediTricks
06-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Definitely I'd want the Enterprise-A, that's the main ship to me, it's got such a great look, and with the main deflector, impulse engines, running lights, sensor lights, impulse deflector, opening saucer panels, light-up torpedo tubes, opening shuttlebay, and light-up warp nacelles, it'd look so good as a fully-active prop replica.

Sith Lord 0498
08-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Diamond Select is also doing Beverly Crusher, Wesley Crusher, Ro Laren, Nurse Yagowawa (sp?) in February 2007. Expect several variants of the Crushers.

JediTricks
08-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Nurse Alyssa Ogawa, and her figure's likeness is a caricature.

Jayspawn
08-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Did anyone pick up the SDCC Exclusive Mirror,Mirror Exclusives or Kirk in Captain's Chair? I found some good deals online for a set of all but I'm procrastinating for some reason. I REALLY want that Marlena figure.

The protos for Wesley look alright. Crusher looks pretty good too but I'd probably only get a Nemesis Crusher.

Jayspawn
08-16-2006, 05:05 PM
I picked up nemesis Worf at a toy shop accross town today. He's pretty sweet! The articulation is standard as new Trek figures go. He comes with phaser, rifle, canon, extra fisted right/left hands and starfleet base (pretty cool).

They also had Locutus, but the final figure looks less than impressive. The likeness is way off (even more since I watched The Best of Both Worlds the other day). *sigh* and I was looking forward to Locutus too.

Sith Lord 0498
08-18-2006, 08:37 PM
They also had Locutus, but the final figure looks less than impressive. The likeness is way off (even more since I watched The Best of Both Worlds the other day). *sigh* and I was looking forward to Locutus too.

Yeah, I was disappointed too. The skin tone was off, and they shouldn't have used the same head sculpt as the regular Picard. Part of what made Locutus disturbing is that it was a "darker" version of Picard. The Locutus figure just looks...dopey.

Jayspawn
08-25-2006, 11:59 AM
He does look dopey....."Hi, I'm a borg!"

Has anyone seen the First Contact Picard. I want it but havnt seen it yet-so I'm hesitant.

Sith Lord 0498
08-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Just thought I'd toss this out there. Using Photoshop Elements 4.0, I stuck Riker on the bridge of the Las Vegas-based "Star Trek: The Experience"

I was also able to paint out those unsightly joints.

Tycho
08-31-2006, 09:28 PM
I got my Nemesis Riker / Troi 2-pack from NewForceComics today.

Darn they are really good likenesses! This was a great purchase.

I'm not buying a lot of TNG stuff. I'll probably jump all over DS9 when and if they do it (it's totally rumored).

But here goes:

Picard - Nemesis - got a few years ago
Picard - 7th Season - no thanks
Picard - First Contact Vest - no thanks
Picard - Duty Jacket - no thanks
Picard - All Good Things - no thanks
Picard - Locutus - no thanks

* I have the Playmates versions of almost all of these and really don't need to rebuy them at a different size, even for better detail.

Riker - Nemesis - Just got! (he's going to fight my extra Reman Viceroy!)
Riker - Thomas - no thanks.
Riker - 7th Season - no thanks
Riker - All Good Things - no thanks

*I don't think I skipped any, but I'm not buying any more. I wished I could get a 2nd Riker from Nemesis to go with my Nemesis crew, but I don't need the Troi

Worf - Nemesis - bought 2 for DS9 and Nemesis, not as good of figure as Riker / Troi
Worf - Soldier of the Empire - no thanks
Worf - Mirror Universe - not at this time. I doubt I'd collect DS9 Mirror figures. I have Playmates'
Worf - 7th Season - no thanks
Worf - All Good Things - nope

Data - Nemesis - bought years ago
Data - All Good Things - no thanks
Data - 7th Season - nah
Data - Lore actually - no, sorry

*I'd be interested in Sherlock Holmes if they made LaForge as Watson as well.

Troi - Nemesis - just got - great figure! (might be able to use a 2nd if they make Barclay and Voyager figures in the appropriate uniforms)
Troi - Season 7 - no thanks
Troi - casual uniform - nah

Crusher - Nemesis - I'm not planning on it. Beverly didn't go on the Away Mission aboard the Reman Scimitar ship. That's the scene I'm doing along with Riker vs. the Viceroy.

Crusher - 7th Season - no
Crusher - All Good Things - no

LaForge - Nemesis - I don't think Geordi went on the away team either.
LaForge - 7th Season - no
LaForge - All Good Things - no - again I have the Playmates versions of these figures.

Wesley, Ro Laren, Nurse Ogawa, etc. - I'm not interested in these Starfleet peripherary characters - I like aliens and enemies. If they make Barclay in a Nemesis style uniform (from Voyager I guess. I think he was in civilian clothes in his scene in First Contact) I'm buying. That's about it though.

Man I want DS9 though - but not really the Mirror Universe but rather the Dominion Wars, as well as Las Vegas, Far Beyond the Stars, and the Niners' Baseball Team, James Bond (Bashir), and such - plus especially the aliens and enemies!

Jayspawn
08-31-2006, 09:47 PM
I got done watching The Wrath of Kahn today, and now I'm wanting Movie figures more than anything.

I thought up some Gangster/area themed 2-packs that would be awesome!

Kirk & Spock from A Piece of the Action
Picard & Data from The Big Goodbye

Tycho
08-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Both of those sets would be cool. Playmates did do them:

Kirk and Spock were 7" Mego-style and wearing real clothes.

Picard and Data were the 5 7/8" all plastic carded figures, and they made Dr. Crusher and Guinan that way as well (though the latter was available only in a 2-pack I think).

I don't think I'd personally buy those again in the new size range, but Playmates never completed TOS movie uniform figures:

Kirk - Generations
Chekov - Generations
Scott - Generations
Saviik - Wrath of Khan
Scott - Search for Spock

Spock was never done.
McCoy was never done.
Uhura was never done.
Sulu was never done.

I like these uniforms and would thus buy the entire crew over in a new AA/DST size with the detail they'd likely do for them.

Playmates also made Khan, Kruuge, Sarek (as a TNG figure), Martia, General Chang. I think that's it, besides most of the crew from TMP except Scott and Chekov I believe (though they made Illia but not Decker).

Jayspawn
09-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Playmates did make Kirk from A Piece of the Action as a ToyFare Exclusive. He's a great figure but he doesnt come with any guns or a hat.

I got creative a few years ago and customized my own Playmates-Style Captain Spock and Captain Sulu in their movie uniforms. I never got around to making McCoy and I brainstormed how to make Uhura but never came to.

Tycho
09-01-2006, 11:48 AM
I'd look at your pictures of these figures if you have any to post. :)

Nice!

Jayspawn
09-03-2006, 11:39 PM
I took a few pictures but the file sizes are tooo big and I'm unable to get them down (how do I do that?).

Tycho
09-04-2006, 09:49 AM
I resize images in a psuedo Photoshop program that came for free with my Cannon scanner (PhotoStudio 2000). They have an image size edit along with all the layers, sharpeners, paint tools, etc. that traditional Photoshop has.

If you don't have any programs like this (try using MS Paint though, but resave the file as a jpeg when you're done) you can e-mail the photos to me and I'll resize them for you.

I think they need to be a max of 500x500 pixels to be allowed to be posted here on SSG.

JediTricks
09-05-2006, 09:24 PM
The max is now 800x800 and 78k, if the file is 78k but larger than 800 it'll shrink it down for you.

Here's the free image editor I suggest to everybody: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=353902#post353902

Ji'dai
12-23-2006, 07:55 PM
The local Suncoast got in a case of the boxed Captain Pike in his command chair. Diamond Select Toys did a pretty good job on the figure, but I can't remember what the guy looked like so I can't comment on the likeness. Pike was only in the TOS pilot right? Anyway, the price was exorbitantly high - something like $25-30.

plasticfetish
12-23-2006, 08:11 PM
(Yeah... just the pilot... pretty much.)

Mmmm, $30 is kind of high for that. I saw the Kirk+chair figure yesterday, and wasn't too impressed. Really wanted Pike though, but don't think I can afford that price. :Ponder:

JediTricks
12-26-2006, 08:46 PM
The local Suncoast got in a case of the boxed Captain Pike in his command chair. Diamond Select Toys did a pretty good job on the figure, but I can't remember what the guy looked like so I can't comment on the likeness. Pike was only in the TOS pilot right? Anyway, the price was exorbitantly high - something like $25-30.Yes, Pike was in "The Cage", the first pilot of the show (TOS had 2 pilots, "The Cage" and then "Where No Man has Gone Before" with Shatner), though "The Cage" was edited into an actual aired episode of TOS, "The Menagerie".

Unfortunately, the pricepoint on these figures is up around $12 now, right? So $25 doesn't seem that crazy for a figure and a chair anymore, even though it totally IS.

Speaking of Trek, I got a full-sized Bat'leth for xmas, apparently a Pakistani swordmaking company made it, I've seen other prop replica swords come out of Pakistan before. The shape isn't perfect, it's actually very similar to the one in the photo on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat%27leth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat%27leth) (note that the middle is straight rather than curved), and while I would have preferred it dull like the show prop, it shipped somewhat sharp (I think once I find a place for it on the wall, I'm going to dull the blades but sharpen the ends into tighter points as mine are rounded like the inner ones in the photo above).

Tycho
12-26-2006, 10:19 PM
I spent $200 on a Bat'leth as a gift for my master. He was such a high ranking black belt I just knew he could work out some forms and do some cool damage with that thing!

He got the hang of it (and knew what it was and where it originated from).

But, LOL, he also cut open his forehead with it! It was a small scratch, less than an inch probably, but he did draw some blood with it.

I think that incident was postceded by a "Watch this!" comment or something.

I got to work with it a little bit. You can really do some elegant moves with the thing, but I'd say that just from home practice, I'm very competant with regular sword play (thank Master Replicas ROTJ Luke FX Saber for that).

I've thought about getting a Bat'leth for myself, but because of the sharp blades, I don't think you're allowed to carry that in to conventions, etc. and you can't really safely spar another "Klingon" with it without a lawsuit risk. (In the actual Klingon Empire, there's no grounds for suing for "accidental death" in Bat'leth practice - it'd be more like bad gagh causing food poisoning or something that they'd allow to be prosecuted)

But since the MR Lightsabers are basically regarded as non-lethal, I can carry them at Comic Con or the movies, Celebrations, etc. and basically beat the crap out of someone else carrying one without as great of consequences.

In line for ROTS, I fought my hardest with the Hasbro sabers, actually setting aside as much as $65 to replace whatever I broke of my toys. None did and I did pretty well, but let little kids beat me. (And Darth Maul's was hard to work with against wild, unpracticed kids who'll gang up and I had trouble accessing my "Force push" to throw them off me. But there were some good fights). About 11pm "ROTS-eve" was when I saw the MR Vader FX Saber cut a Hasbro Mace Windu Force Effects saber into 3-4 pieces. Our theater managers let us in early and turned the lights down dim for those who wished combat to really witness the swirls of their lightsabers.

Looking back on that, I suppose they really could have gotten sued for allowing sparring. I didn't hear anything about that. No injuries really occured in my specific screening room. They were showing ROTS in like all 20 screens of the cineplex though - so I don't know how any others faired. But I doubt we were the only dueling grounds considering that crowd!

The Bat'Leth would get lethal awfully fast if used in that manner, however. Still, killing fascinates the Dark Side of me...

But you know: a real lightsaber would be an untraceable weapon, forensically speaking. They'd have to catch you with it to even prove it existed.

JediTricks
12-28-2006, 07:59 PM
They sell rubber bat'leths that look very real which you could take to a convention, but I think filing down the edges on a metal one would be fine, it'd be no more dangerous than a metal fence post. Of course, hitting each other with a metal fencepost would do serious damage. :p

I suspect a lightsaber would leave a residual energy trace on the wounds it made which a Star Trek-level forensic team could detect and track back to the original user (each lightsaber having a unique crystal might create unique energy patterns).

LTBasker
12-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Is this the one you got, JT?

http://www.bladematrix.tv/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=33738

That place also sells a really nice version of the dagger.

http://www.bladematrix.tv/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=37094

JediTricks
12-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah, that's the one. Decent price.

I've seen that fake d'ktag at Frank & Sons before, it's nifty but the pommel is all wrong, still I may have to buy it as it's a fairly decent representation of the blade setup. That company also makes a knockoff of the Blade 1 glaive: http://www.bladematrix.tv/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=28693

Tycho
01-06-2007, 12:37 AM
ActionFigs.com has the pictures of the 1st 3 Wrath of Khan figures from Diamond / Art Asylum (Khan, Kirk, Terrel).

They look really good! I hope they make Spock, Sulu, McCoy, Uhura, Chekov, and Scotty in his work vest! I really want this crew in this style. Most of TOS movies really rocked.

JediTricks
01-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the head's up on this, they look pretty good. I've been staying away from this line but this will be impossible to avoid, to me, this really is what Captain Kirk (Admiral Kirk!) is about.

Tycho
01-07-2007, 09:45 PM
"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him!"

Jayspawn
01-07-2007, 09:54 PM
"Aahhh Kirk, my old friend."

I think TWOK figures look sweet! So does the "Space Seed" Kirk and Khan 2-pack. I wonder how limited Capt. Terrel will be.

Tycho
01-07-2007, 10:58 PM
I can't find a pic of a Space Seed 2-pack, but I assume it is a bundle of the figures of TOS Kirk and Khan that I already own, re-carded?

From TOS, I wish they would just come out with the M-113 Salt Vampire they had proto-typed a year or two ago already.

Jayspawn
01-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Actually its an all new Kirk and Khan. Kirk is in his dress uniform and Khan is wearing that dress shirt from the dinner scene. Its very cool looking set.

Here's a picture...

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Diamond%2FStar_Trek%2FKhan_Kirk&pic=SpaceSeed.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0 (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Diamond%2FStar_Trek%2FKhan_Kirk&pic=SpaceSeed.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0)

Tycho
01-08-2007, 01:38 AM
OK. Darn. I seriously like that set! I might have to buy it. I'm busy trying to formulate reasons not to now. How am I doing?

a) I don't have the space to display all these figures. It's time to be selective.

b) I save money by not spending it. I've got so many toys already!

c) What I really want is to go ballistic with a very thorough collection that includes secondary characters from an episode, series, or Trek film I really love - DS9 topping that list - so if I know what I want from the get-go, I don't need to be distracted by things I hadn't conceived of.

JediTricks
01-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Corgi Star Trek Die-Cast Klingon Bird of Prey - this line never showed up in my area, so I had no idea what to expect, I tried to buy from EE but they haven't gotten it in yet. Checked ebay and saw a disturbing statement: it was 4" by 5", dinky for something that MSRPs for $25! I found one from www.flyingmule.com for $10 plus $8 shipping, much better, so I bought it. The packaging is a tube design, seems fancy but more for cars, not spaceships; it's resealable, though the stand halves are on blisters on either end so don't rip them all the way off if you want to reuse. The ship is pretty small, like a thin Action Fleet vehicle, and fairly lightweight, but has a satisfying sculpt and very nice paintjob. There are some pretty well-done little sculpted details, though naturally the metal sculpt is never going to be as sharp as the plastic elements. The wings are not movable sadly, but are fixed in the right position. The cannons and upper rear hull are plastic but blend nicely with the metal elements and have a crisp, unwarped shape. The paint is top notch, although the dayglow-orange engines should really be red. The stand is a thin, painted Klingon Empire logo plugged into a black base, there's even a rubber collar between it and the ship, there's no fancy angle and it just looks good. The ship looks to be close to scale with my Art Asylum Enterprise-A (the K-BoP was much smaller than the Ent). My only other complaints are that the the photon torpedo tube is too simple, the sculpted copyright logos are a bit much, and they didn't sculpt the side-hatch on the bridge. Overall, it's a nice ship that does justice to the source material, but feels like it'd be $10-overpriced if I had paid full price, and it really should have had movable wings. Grade: B

plasticfetish
01-15-2007, 01:06 AM
JT... dumb question (and I'm being lazy by not looking it up), but is that Bird of Prey in scale with the Corgi Enterprise?

Here's a picture...
That set is brilliant! probably one of the best things I've seen from them in a while.

JediTricks
01-17-2007, 07:25 PM
JT... dumb question (and I'm being lazy by not looking it up), but is that Bird of Prey in scale with the Corgi Enterprise?Not even remotely, the line is based entirely on what can fit in that tube so the Enterprise and Ent-D are bigger than the Kbop because they're not so wide but they're not in a specific scale. Of course, there is an entire sliding scale (http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/bop-size.htm) with the Kbop going from its 110m original size up to 700m so you could conceivably find it close to one of the larger sized versions, but in original format, no.

Tycho
02-08-2007, 08:13 PM
So Comic Con will probably launch the TOS movie figure exclusives (similarly to this):

AFX: Spock
New Force: McCoy
Entertainment Earth: Uhura
Diamond Select: Sulu
???: Chekov - possibly the bonus figure you get "for free" with your ST card stamped from purchasing all the other 4 figures

Oops. What about Scotty?

Kirk, Khan, and Terrel will be standard release.

They probably should do Lt. Saavik (Kirstie Alley).

I really wish that Khan would have some of his followers made so he could be more of a threat in dioramas.

Carol & David Marcus might make figures as well - but I'm not counting on them. However, Terrel and Chekov could serve as Khan's minions in a diorama for the time while they were "infected."

The Scotty figure is interesting to me as they could do him in his radiation suit (white outfit) or his standard uniform. I don't think he started wearing his trademark vest and tool belt until SFS, as he was Captain then, and ST Captains get vests. ;) (Though Spock never wore one).

Anyway, my plan was to collect the crew, but I actually like the idea of being able to do more of a WOK scene with my figures if I get Khan and Terrel.

I just had thought it would be too expensive to buy red suits for all the possible movie figures they could also interact with:

Kruuge
Maltz
Saavik (Robin Curtis)
Spock in burial robes
Sarek
-------------
Gillian Taylor
(technically, most of the crew would be redone in "civies" for STIV)
Klingon Ambassador
------------
Cybok
Captain Klaaw
Vixis
"God"
Romulan Ambassador
Klingon Ambassador
Teran Ambassador
-----------------
General Chang
Admiral Cartwright
Chancellor Gorkon
Azetburr
Martia
Space-Suited Assassins
Lt. Valaris

Actually, a lot of the crew could be redone in their rescue ops outfits, civies, even as 21st Century doctors for the other movies. Kirk in his leather jacket from SFS would be cool, come to think of it.

Looking back on it, I'd forgotten how much I'd like TOS movies! They were awesome!

LTBasker
02-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Pics of DS9 have surfaced-

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/003347/GroupWHT.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/Artistix/DS9crewpic.jpg

Ezri is such a strange choice for the first wave, I think she would be better on last wave like Dr. Crusher, but at least she comes with that awesome sniper rifle. :D

Tycho
02-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Holy crap! I'm so buying these! What are there 2 Ezri figures? One with and without the targeting eye-piece? And why does the one figure look taller than the other one? It's the same character!

Boy am I glad I bought 2 Worf figures (movie uniform) when I did! I'd hoped for this! DEEP SPACE NINE is the best Star Trek they ever did! The other shows don't come close to touching it!

Sisko is probably a recycled body: Riker or Data most likely.

Odo is all-new for obvious reasons and he looks great!

BTW: due to the height differences, the women are possibly Crusher and Troi recycles, but that doesn't matter. They're NINERS and that makes them all the more cool!

It took them long enough to get going with the Star Trek license, though I suppose they didn't want to go head-to-head against Star Wars in 2005, LOL (Hasbro dominated!).

But there might've been some historic rivalry with collectibles between the two franchises:

Playmates came on the scene with Trek in 1992 and started to rock.

By 1995 I think, they were dying as Star Wars really started to break out and was dominating by 1997.

I think ArtAsylum came on the scene in 2001 with Enterprise figures, up against POTJ for Star Wars (a smaller collection after overstockpiling of TPM products by retailers).

2001-2003 saw Art Asylum faltering, mostly with Enterprise stuff, and not really expanding their support for Nemesis products. Then by 2004 a TOS focus brought the Star Trek license a much-needed second wind.

With 2007 seeming to focus on TWOK and DS9, Star Trek is going to rock again.

Sometimes, with renewed interest in the toy market side of things, comes a good indication the time for a new movie or a TV series reboot is at hand.

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Man, those DS9 likenesses suck, minus Odo who is easy since he has such simple features. Sisko's eyes are off, Jadzia's mouth is off because it's in that doofy smile which also throws the cheeks off, and Ezri is lame so it's accurate. :p

Tycho
02-10-2007, 12:14 AM
OK, JT. Why don't you go buy some Mini-Cons, OK? ;)

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey, don't blame me because you have bad taste and can't tell a lemon from a jewel.

BountyHunterScum
02-10-2007, 06:25 PM
I am definitely getting a few mego style figs including the romulan. I wonder if the 1701 refit is just the 1701-A with new graphics or a whole new ship with new sounds.

Tycho
02-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I am definitely getting a few mego style figs including the romulan. I wonder if the 1701 refit is just the 1701-A with new graphics or a whole new ship with new sounds.

Where did you see a Mego-Styled Romulan amongst other figures?

I did find a picture of a bloodied-uniform WOK movie Kirk, called the "Double-Cross" from the scene where he tricks Khan. That's actually a great figure with his uniform jacket breast open.

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 06:40 PM
They've been previewing the TOS Enterprise for months now, so I'm assuming it's going to be that one.

Tycho
02-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah, thanks but I'm not interested in another 1701. It's my favorite ship thus far though (and I assume it will remain so).

I have:

NX-01
1701-A
1701-E

I'd buy:

Defiant in some sort of reduced scale that suggests how small it is -with a stand

Voyager - around that scale

A small Klingon BOP
A Klingon Battle Cruiser (modern era)
A Klingon Flag Ship

A Borg Cube (scaled down, but larger than any of the Enterprises)

A Romulan Warbird (TNG)
A Romulan Warbird (Nemeis)
The Scimitar (Nemesis)

A Jem Hadar Battle Cruiser
A Jem Hadar Destroyer Craft

A Cardassian Destroyer

An Andorian Destroyer (Enterprise)
some Xindi ships (Enterprise)

I might consider the 1701-D. *Might*

I'm sure that between Johnny Lightning, Galoob, Hallmark, or some other company, I might be able to get some of these ships I'd like. But it's not my priority to look for them right now.

BountyHunterScum
02-11-2007, 09:21 AM
They've been previewing the TOS Enterprise for months now, so I'm assuming it's going to be that one.

Well yeah TOS 1701 and TOS 1701 Movie refit. So far I have NX-01, BD NX-01, 1701-A, BD 1701 Refit TWOK & The Search for Spock and finally 1701-E.

BountyHunterScum
02-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Where did you see a Mego-Styled Romulan amongst other figures?

I did find a picture of a bloodied-uniform WOK movie Kirk, called the "Double-Cross" from the scene where he tricks Khan. That's actually a great figure with his uniform jacket breast open.

This is definitely going to be a Star Trek year for me. I almost crapped a galaxy class when I saw the Romulan. I have the original but he has dr mego clothes and accessories on.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/003422111.cfm

TOS 1701: http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/003422/IMG_8325.jpg

TOS movie 1701: http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/003422/IMG_8324.jpg

Tycho
02-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Whoa! McCoy, Scotty, and Wounded Khan look awesome!

I will clearly pass on the TNG First Season figures. It's not their quality. It is what they are. :D

I'm so going to spend so much money on TOS movie stuff and DS9 though!

Major Kira would be welcome but is noticeably lacking (as is of course O'Brien and Bashir - though that is easily fixed with recycling their bodies).

But who thinks a later DS9 wave could include Kira, O'Brien, Bashir, and DUKAT! Garack and Martok, as well as a Jem Hadar, The Founder, and Weyoun might be likely for later assortments. DEEP SPACE NINE could just get better and better!

BountyHunterScum
02-11-2007, 10:47 AM
I like TNG but later on in the show when it really got good. The Mego Romulan wasn't 100% accurate to the show but its still a cool figure.

Tycho
02-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm about to start re-watching my entire Star Trek anthology beginning with Enterprise. I look forward to posting my figure suggestions just because it is something to do.

I don't think I actually worry whether anyone will care, but it would be nice if they did.

BountyHunterScum
02-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I dislike Enterprise. I also have Kirk as a Romulan figure.

Tycho
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I dislike Enterprise.

It is a matter of taste and some factoring in of "forgiveness," but the very fact that Enterprise didn't resonate with many Trek fans hurt Art Asylum's sales and profitability with Star Trek.

Some Trek collectible issues might have been:

1) kids are more into video games, etc. A larger distribution of action figures was not going to sell for a majority of licensed properties. (Star Wars in 2005 especially tends to discount this though).

2) Adults, being the broader customer base for these products, were more interested in the traditional TOS (especially) than new incarnations.

Some Enterprise-specific issues were:

1) continuity problems with many hating what they saw as the rewrite of Trek history with any Enterprise other than the 1701, and problems with the Romulan encounters, etc.

2) technology issues with phasers, transporters, and shields being implemented far too quickly and with little struggle

3) Captain Archer being sort of an egg-head type versus Kirk's hard-arse, competitor style, or Picard's intellectual / explorer style

4) T'Pol being the first Vulcan serving on a human starship instead of Spock, though Spock was still the first formally StarFleet Vulcan officer.

5) An issue that Trek's production team likes to use as an excuse: The Sept 11th, 2001 attacks took wind out of Enterprise's sails because the start of the War on Terror took over all our national attention at that time and since that time.

Some also say the look of the show should have resembled TOS more closely as well. In spite of it being retro, they might've gone with an update to the cardboard set look (just made it more impressive in the hard plastic sort of detail).

BountyHunterScum
02-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Enterprise should have follow continuity without hesitation. I used to like it when it was on but after a while realized it did indeed break all the history that TOS set in stone long ago. The funny thing about the USS Defiant from the Tholian Web was that also was never mentioned in TOS. The mirror mirror episode said nothing about the Defiant from the normal universe. It was interesting to see it in the mirror universe but I'm not entirely sure if thats what really happened to it. No wonder....Enterprise felt exactly like Voyager, except set in the 22nd century. Throw in the T&A T'pol just like Seven of Nine. That's why TOS and TNG are superior to the rest they didn't throw in the cheesy eye candy chicks.

JediTricks
02-11-2007, 03:22 PM
James, thanks for the news about the Movie 1701, that's great to hear, I've been wanting to get another of that mold but the 1701-A sells for ridiculous sums these days.

The Mego-style figures are funny as hell, in part because that concept is so silly but also because the likenesses are surprisingly good, especially McCoy!

As for the Wrath of Khan figures, burnt Khan looks great but the Enterprise crewmembers are unrecognizable likenesses - and Scotty's in his duty uniform for like 2 minutes in the film, the rest is in the Engineering radiation suit.

Enterprise is a flawed Star Trek show and mediocre sci-fi at its pricetag, the writing is way below par (unless you're shooting for ST:Voyager), the casting is questionable, and the captain is boring - I'm sorry, but it's true, Scott Bakula was fun in Quantum Leap but abysmal in Star Trek. Enterprise also proves that prequels are just a bad idea because inevitably "the first ___" is going to crop up all the time and production standards are going to separate it from its predecessors which is backwards for how the story plays out.

BountyHunterScum
02-11-2007, 04:18 PM
James, thanks for the news about the Movie 1701, that's great to hear, I've been wanting to get another of that mold but the 1701-A sells for ridiculous sums these days.

The Mego-style figures are funny as hell, in part because that concept is so silly but also because the likenesses are surprisingly good, especially McCoy!

As for the Wrath of Khan figures, burnt Khan looks great but the Enterprise crewmembers are unrecognizable likenesses - and Scotty's in his duty uniform for like 2 minutes in the film, the rest is in the Engineering radiation suit.

Enterprise is a flawed Star Trek show and mediocre sci-fi at its pricetag, the writing is way below par (unless you're shooting for ST:Voyager), the casting is questionable, and the captain is boring - I'm sorry, but it's true, Scott Bakula was fun in Quantum Leap but abysmal in Star Trek. Enterprise also proves that prequels are just a bad idea because inevitably "the first ___" is going to crop up all the time and production standards are going to separate it from its predecessors which is backwards for how the story plays out.

I didn't know 1701-A goes for alot I kinda wanted another but I took the batteries out of mine for safe keeping. I should have got a second one to keep in the box of course id have to open it to remove the batteries though. I have 2 1701-E's one open one not but soon i will to remove batteries. Anytime Jedi, I heard star trek legacy the game sucks, maybe I'll get it anyway to see for myself. Maybe the reviewer was so inept he couldn't accomplish anything.

JediTricks
02-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I didn't know 1701-A goes for alot I kinda wanted another but I took the batteries out of mine for safe keeping. I should have got a second one to keep in the box of course id have to open it to remove the batteries though. I have 2 1701-E's one open one not but soon i will to remove batteries. Anytime Jedi, I heard star trek legacy the game sucks, maybe I'll get it anyway to see for myself. Maybe the reviewer was so inept he couldn't accomplish anything.Yeah, the AA Enterprise goes for quite a bit, the top one that's completed on ebay in the past month is $108.50 plus another $24 for shipping: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120080610385

And others go for $70 to $100. It's not right, AA really hurt folks by not releasing this in greater numbers. I talked to a seller at Frank & Sons about it (a local twice-weekly collectors show) and he is selling them for $80 but would rather AA re-released them too so he could sell them at a way lower price and move more units.

My 1701-A is right here on top of my PC tower, I set off the electronics once a day at least, it's among my all-time favorite items ever but mine has some manufacturing defects in the impulse engine area.

Let us know what you think of ST Legacy, and whether you're getting the PC or Xbox 360 version - IGN gave the PC version a 5.9 but the 360 version a 7: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/751/751845p1.html
I really wish there was a top-notch Star Trek game out there, I've been craving one for so long but none have ever lived up to the promise of Trek (maybe Starfleet Academy, but its fighting mechanics and AI are pretty "meh").

Tycho
02-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Huh, my 1701-A is my favorite AA ship. But I thought that was just me.

I guess I have good taste in something. Why don't they make a Pakled ship so I can rave about it and have everyone think I've gone mad again?

Still, I've been thinking about whether I'd want a re-release with a few voice tracks on the sound-effects featuring the best of Kirk-Spock-McCoy. (Picard's voice is heard on the "E")

I haven't decided yet. And even if they did that, I'm not sure I'd buy the ship a second time. Again, that doesn't mean it's not my favorite. It is!

(The 1701-E could have been larger, though I'm still not sure that would have made a difference in my preferences).

Next to the Defiant, the 1701-A is probably one of my favorite Star Trek ships.

BountyHunterScum
02-13-2007, 05:08 PM
I'll be getting Legacy for PC. Funny thing is the 1701 Refit is the same mold as Enterprise-A only with previous markings and new sounds. I wonder if they get the phaser sounds right. Maybe they should redo the TWOK weapons fire scenes with the phasers.

JediTricks
02-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Huh, my 1701-A is my favorite AA ship. But I thought that was just me.

I guess I have good taste in something. Why don't they make a Pakled ship so I can rave about it and have everyone think I've gone mad again?Technically, the ONLY ships that AA made were the 1701-A and the NX-01, so not a big challenge between them really. The 1701-E was technically done by Diamond Select Toys who essentially absorbed AA into their collective and soiled their work by lessening its quality.

Still, I've been thinking about whether I'd want a re-release with a few voice tracks on the sound-effects featuring the best of Kirk-Spock-McCoy. (Picard's voice is heard on the "E")IMO, if they bother doing this, I hope the voices have a separate button or an off switch, I really don't care for the voice tracks on the Ent-E being forced into it.

(The 1701-E could have been larger, though I'm still not sure that would have made a difference in my preferences).IMO, the Ent-E's problems are that the warp nacelles don't light up, the paint is heavy-handed, and there's some lacking detail in the secondary hull. Oh, and they should really have used frosted instead of clear plastic for the deflector dish (same with the Ent-A).

Next to the Defiant, the 1701-A is probably one of my favorite Star Trek ships.The movie refit Enterprise is my absolute favorite Trek ship, it's the one I fell in love with.

I'll be getting Legacy for PC. Funny thing is the 1701 Refit is the same mold as Enterprise-A only with previous markings and new sounds. I wonder if they get the phaser sounds right. Maybe they should redo the TWOK weapons fire scenes with the phasers.Why not get more action out of that fantastic mold? I hope you're right about them getting new sounds on here, the transporter is exactly the one used in WOK and I'm happy enough with the warp-out and warp-by, but the rest would be all wrong for her.

Tycho
02-14-2007, 10:28 PM
The movie refit Enterprise is my absolute favorite Trek ship, it's the one I fell in love with.

Is the refit from TMP, WOK, SFS any different (the model used for filming) than the 1701-A seen in VH, FF, or UC?

It looks the same to me, save for the "A."

BountyHunterScum
02-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Is the refit from TMP, WOK, SFS any different (the model used for filming) than the 1701-A seen in VH, FF, or UC?

It looks the same to me, save for the "A."

It is no different.

Jayspawn
02-16-2007, 01:01 PM
WOOHOO!!!:o

Toy Fair in NY show is some awesome stuff!

From "The Wrath of Khan" Aside from Khan, Kirk and Terrel, we're also getting Scotty, Sulu, McCoy, Chekov, and Kirk and Khan varients! I didnt see that we're getting Uhura but I'll assume that Diamond is working on it.

From DS9 we're getting Sisko, both versions of Dax, Odo and some random others.

Looks like were geting Minibusts too! and some neat TOS Statues of Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

Tycho
02-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Where's SPOCK from WOK?

On top of that, one can only assume there will be more DS9 figures as Kira, O'Brien, and Bashir are missing (Worf is done as a Nemesis figure).

BountyHunterScum
02-16-2007, 02:18 PM
We need an irradiated Spock. lol

JediTricks
02-17-2007, 04:52 AM

It looks the same to me, save for the "A."Exact same model, just new paint. UC has a few shots that are CGI versions, and nearly all the sequels to TMP have specialty models for certain shots (except TVH).

Irradiated Spock would be cool, a must-have for those awesome end scenes. We'd need radiation-suit Scotty to go with it though.

Tycho
02-17-2007, 04:57 AM
Irradiated Spock would be cool, a must-have for those awesome end scenes. We'd need radiation-suit Scotty to go with it though.

A 2-pack? They did that with Riker and Troi.

JediTricks
02-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Scotty's passed out on the floor in the scene, so a 2-pack would be kinda silly.

BountyHunterScum
02-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Exact same model, just new paint. UC has a few shots that are CGI versions, and nearly all the sequels to TMP have specialty models for certain shots (except TVH).

The director's cut of TMP has alot of new CGI shots.

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 08:32 PM
That doesn't count! :p

BountyHunterScum
02-18-2007, 10:31 PM
That doesn't count! :p

Wanna bet? The new scenes add alot to the movie.

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
They do, no question, but it doesn't count for what Tycho was asking.

BountyHunterScum
02-19-2007, 12:04 AM
I told him the models weren't different only they had the same graphics.

Tycho
02-19-2007, 12:22 AM
While we're on the subject of Star Trek The Motion Picture, I do NOT hope for DS/AA figures from this movie.

Playmates made: Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Sulu, and Uhura I believe, omitting Scott and Chekov if I'm not mistaken (there's always several crew members missing from waves of Trek figures - do you notice that? Sort of so that they keep something in reserve to sell from future case assortments, though we often never get them anyway - AA Duty Uniform Hoshi & Phlox for example)

Anyway, Illia was made by Playmates as V-GR's probe, but no Decker figure was produced either.

The look was sort of cool and sort of more consistant with TOS before they went to the red uniforms, but I liked the red better. However, they only used TMP uniforms for one movie.

I'd rather see the remaining 5 movies get all the crew members, the guest stars of significance, and the crew in variant forms (like their civies and so forth) than an indulgence in TMP. You guys?

JediTricks
02-19-2007, 04:30 PM
I doubt anybody but the most rabid of Trek fans wants any figures from TMP, those were some really goofy costumes in that movie and so drab.

BountyHunterScum
03-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Got the corgi Star Trek ships today, very nice.

JediTricks
03-12-2007, 11:26 PM
How are the Enterprises? I haven't gotten them yet and haven't heard much about them.

BountyHunterScum
03-12-2007, 11:55 PM
They are very good quality, they aren't 100% metal but are still very good. Enterprise-D would have been super heavy if it were all metal. 1701 is a little heavier than 1701-D. The Deflector on D has the antenna sticking out a little in the middle. You know the oval dish in the middle its sticking out just a little. As if implying a connection to the TOS deflector design perhaps.

BountyHunterScum
03-13-2007, 12:24 AM
I just took these, some pics I took are blurry therefore pretty much worthless but I did get some really clear good ones.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0312072359.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0312072358b.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0313070003.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0313070004.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0313070004a.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0313070005a.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0313070001.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0313070002.jpg

Deflector money shot: http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0313070003a.jpg

JediTricks
03-14-2007, 04:48 AM
How much metal would you say they are?

Dang, the 'D is way bigger than the KBOP, is the package the same size on them? Does the 'D separate at the saucer as well? I may have to track that baby down. Kinda silly about the separate-piece deflector, you're probably right about the reasoning but it's not accurate. If I get the 'D, it'll likely be the last one I ever get unless DST blows me away with its release (should they ever get there).

I think I'm gonna hold back on the TOS one, wait for the DST version.

BountyHunterScum
03-14-2007, 05:59 AM
The Saucer does not seperate, 1701-D's dorsal warp nacelles and saucer are plastic everything else is metal except the deflector which is plastic too. 1701 is 90% metal minus the warp pylons and engines and deflector. The BOP is about half metal top half of the aft section is plastic and so are the disruptor cannons. Saucer sep isn't really necessary considering it happened only a few times throughout the entire show and the couplings would probably weaken over time kinda like the Galoob 1701-D after a while the hooks didn't do such a good job holding the saucer in place. I think the Galaxy class deflector had a slightly protruding dish in the middle. I do mean slightly, it was so close that you pretty much couldn't tell. The packages are slightly different in size 1701-D's obviously being the largest of them.

You can sortof tell its sticking out just a little in this pic.

http://fance.net/images/d/d7/Enterprise-d_model.jpg

Also can bee seen in these pics on the page.

http://www.newstrekker.com/archiv/united_ships_04_a_06.htm

JediTricks
03-14-2007, 06:35 AM
The Saucer does not seperate, 1701-D's dorsal warp nacelles and saucer are plastic everything else is metalDaaaamn, my jaw just dropped with that one. The warp nacelles should have no reason to be plastic beyond the bussard collectors, and the saucer should only be plastic if it's going to come off! I am stunned, STUNNED at this turn of events.

1701 is 90% metal minus the warp pylons and engines and deflector. The warp pylons and engines being plastic seems weird to me, these are areas that are constantly getting misaligned in other versions because they're plastic - they do look proper in your photo though, so that's not too bad.

The BOP is about half metal top half of the aft section is plastic and so are the disruptor cannons. Yeah, I have it already, I'm familiar.

Saucer sep isn't really necessary considering it happened only a few times throughout the entire show and the couplings would probably weaken over time kinda like the Galoob 1701-D after a while the hooks didn't do such a good job holding the saucer in place.That was a pretty lousy design, but I've always felt it was a necessary element to the ship.

The packages are slightly different in size 1701-D's obviously being the largest of them.How much different, are the cardboard endcaps bigger too? Not sure why, but I am curious why they went with this tube thing if it wasn't uniform.

You can sortof tell its sticking out just a little in this pic.
http://fance.net/images/d/d7/Enterprise-d_model.jpgIt's a little lumpy, but it's not disconnected from the rear part. The Ertl's colors and shapes are slightly wrong in other ways too though, and I cannot think of a single version that's EVER gotten the deflector right anyway.[/URL]

Also can bee seen in these pics on the page.

[URL]http://www.newstrekker.com/archiv/united_ships_04_a_06.htm (http://fance.net/images/d/d7/Enterprise-d_model.jpg)Hmm, ok, I see it there, not sure why though as it's in just 1 shot.

BountyHunterScum
03-14-2007, 06:41 AM
I don't know if you noticed but the package says the Defiant Voyager and Romulan Warbird are due. In a nutshell the tubes fit the ships height and width for the most part. These pics hopefully give an idea of difference. Got these from ebay.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/95_1_b.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/85a4_1_b.jpg

Tycho
03-14-2007, 09:24 AM
The Defiant will surely tempt me (favorite Star Trek ship right there!)

LTBasker
03-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Just to let ya guys know, NewForceComics has an exclusive red Data available with the purchase the Nemesis Riker/Troi 2-pack for $30. Also, they should be stocking the Nemesis Geordi from NYCC sometime soon.

And DST posted a pic of the upcoming Picard in chair (season 1 Riker is going to be released at the same time). http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/

BountyHunterScum
03-14-2007, 05:19 PM
I stick to the ships at least they aren't overpriced. The figures are high enough that it would cost a small fortune to get them all.

JediTricks
03-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I don't know if you noticed but the package says the Defiant Voyager and Romulan Warbird are due. In a nutshell the tubes fit the ships height and width for the most part. These pics hopefully give an idea of difference. Got these from ebay.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/95_1_b.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/85a4_1_b.jpgI noticed those "coming soon" ships on the KBOP packaging, but these things have been out since '06 and nary a peep on the 2nd wave ships.

Thanks for the pics of the packaging, that is a comfort to see that the Enterprises aren't as small as the Kbop, when I saw how small the KBOP was I feared the 1701 and 'D would be tiny to fit that same tube. Then again, I was lucky enough to find a retailer who sold the KBOP for $10 due to its smaller size.

Basker, I can't find the link to chair Picard on the DST website, any help?

LTBasker
03-15-2007, 06:20 PM
It's listed on the side under product debuts, here's a direct link to the image-

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/%5Cresources%5Cproduct_debut%5Cpicard%5C0.jpg

Would've posted that link before but I had a brainfart and only tried to get the link to the actual announcement page which only came up as the main page address.

JediTricks
03-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Ah, thanks. Dumb ol' DST, that's the wrong chair, the season 1 Captain's chair had the flip-up panels. They shouldn't be using those sleeves or pantleg openings on that costume either, I am pretty sure they're season 3 versions.

BountyHunterScum
03-15-2007, 09:28 PM
I noticed those "coming soon" ships on the KBOP packaging, but these things have been out since '06 and nary a peep on the 2nd wave ships.

Thanks for the pics of the packaging, that is a comfort to see that the Enterprises aren't as small as the Kbop, when I saw how small the KBOP was I feared the 1701 and 'D would be tiny to fit that same tube. Then again, I was lucky enough to find a retailer who sold the KBOP for $10 due to its smaller size.

Basker, I can't find the link to chair Picard on the DST website, any help?

Flying Mule has the Klingon for $9.99 it's on their site.

JediTricks
03-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Yes, that's where I bought it, I posted a link to it when I did, that was a few months ago.

BountyHunterScum
03-16-2007, 08:00 PM
I got all 3 ships there for my birthday.

Tycho
03-19-2007, 09:27 PM
I traded messages with Rick from NewForceComics and got some info.

First:

April 1, 2007: Deep Space Nine figures will be available for pre-order:

Sisko
Ezri Dax
Jadzia Dax
Odo
(I think) Exclusive Ezri Dax with rifle site

Currently: Wrath of Khan figures available:

Kirk
Capt. Terrel
Khan
bloodied Kirk

Coming: McCoy, Chekov, Sulu, Injured Khan

It's Rick's opinion (or foreknowledge) that they are planning to make a whole WOK line including:

Scotty, Uhura, Spock, (likely) Saavik - and who knows? Maybe Khan's "First," David Marcus, Carol Marcus, Away Team figures of Kirk, McCoy, Saavik? Space suit Chekov, Terrel? Scotty in radiation suit? Injured Spock?

This could be a cool line! It's the 25th Anniversary of WOK.

BountyHunterScum
03-20-2007, 01:42 AM
I just watched the Director's Cut of TWOK the other day. Best version yet.

Jayspawn
04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
So I see there is a Battle Damaged Ent E out (or coming out). I guess its supposed to be a Nemesis battle damaged -and I'd get it except I want to to be the post Scimitar Smash version with a new set of sound effects including "All hands brace for impact!"

BountyHunterScum
04-04-2007, 03:51 PM
So I see there is a Battle Damaged Ent E out (or coming out). I guess its supposed to be a Nemesis battle damaged -and I'd get it except I want to to be the post Scimitar Smash version with a new set of sound effects including "All hands brace for impact!"

I'll probably get it, the ship should have had light up warp grills though.

Tycho
04-04-2007, 04:34 PM
I forgot: you can probably pre-order Deep Space Nine figures now from Rick at NewForceComics.com, but I may wait until Comic Con.

Last year they had a chase figure (Lt. Marla Monreau from MirrorMirror - [Kirk to Scott: "Scotty you gotta give me just 5 more minutes!" - and yeah, he was with Marla :love: ) but to get her, you went around to all the vendors selling Star Trek figures: AFXpress, Entertainment Earth, NewForceComics, and Diamond Select, and got your StarFleet card stamped each time you bought their Con single-figure, then with all 4 purchased, you went to Diamond (when you make your final purchase) and get the 5th figure free.

They'll probably do the same thing this coming summer with either a TOS movie figure (WOK selection) or a DS9 one. The rest of the figures will be there as well and I'll buy them from Rick at NewForce. He's seriously cool and as much of a fan as he is a businessman. I just think I'll buy them directly at the show.

I don't chase down battle damaged versions of the ships because I've usually already bought the same thing (the new looking version) already by the time they come out. However, the battle damaged ones always look better. Yeah if they made a Scimitar-crashed version of the "E," that would be the ultimate BD look! The movie 1701-A is my personal favorite they've made right now.

I still need to locate an acceptable scale smaller Defiant (perhaps the Hallmark ornament even?). None of my ships are too much in scale, else my "E" would be huge by comparison. But I've thought about hunting down Johnny Lightning Trek ships or whatever, to create ship displays in scale with the 3 ArtAsylum ships I own: NX, A, and E - then display the in-scale groups separately around the house. I don't know. It might be something to look into at a convention. I'm not really tempted to scour the internet "googling" one down.

JediTricks
04-04-2007, 07:11 PM
So I see there is a Battle Damaged Ent E out (or coming out). I guess its supposed to be a Nemesis battle damaged -and I'd get it except I want to to be the post Scimitar Smash version with a new set of sound effects including "All hands brace for impact!"Is it just another paint variant like the BD versions of the NX-01 and 1701-A?

Good luck Tycho, as far as I know there's only the Hallmark one and the pewter one, both of which are very rare by now.

BountyHunterScum
04-05-2007, 12:25 AM
They made Micro Machines of the Defiant.

JediTricks
04-05-2007, 05:42 PM
He wants something bigger. Also, and I loathe to say this, but Galoob did a terrible job on that MM Defiant.

BountyHunterScum
04-05-2007, 08:04 PM
The MM Defiant is the most to scale for 1701-E electronic.

JediTricks
04-06-2007, 11:38 PM
"most scale" though is still like 1/3rd scale to the AA/DST Ent-E, the Defiant would run about from the bridge to the beginning of the impulse engines, the MM isn't even remotely close.

Tycho
04-07-2007, 02:49 AM
In my imagination the Defiant was smaller than that (the "E's" saucer section). To be sure it's larger than the captain's yacht, but only by about 4 x the size.

Blue2th
04-07-2007, 04:24 AM
You should try getting a Furuta Defiant. It's about three inches long, very detailed. :thumbsup: