PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek figures (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

JediTricks
08-26-2007, 09:43 PM
I have all of the playmates star trek ships too. I gotta find my boxed defiant and take the batteries out I hope they didn't leak. My Voyager is in my room.
Oh man, I really wish you hadn't said that. I just hope there's something left of mine, I've been pretty irresponsible with my Playmates vehicles over the years, my TNG shuttlecraft and Romulan Warbird are in a foot locker somerewhere in my closet.

BountyHunterScum
08-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Oh man, I really wish you hadn't said that. I just hope there's something left of mine, I've been pretty irresponsible with my Playmates vehicles over the years, my TNG shuttlecraft and Romulan Warbird are in a foot locker somerewhere in my closet.

I lost my 1701-D lol. I ain't losing my DST ships.

JediTricks
08-27-2007, 12:44 AM
I lost my 1701-D lol. I ain't losing my DST ships.
OHHHHH!!!! Man, I really wish you hadn't said that! I forgot, my 1701-D is in that same foot locker, I have the non-electronic transforming one from the series finale on the display in its place in my electronic ships display because it had a better stand.

BountyHunterScum
08-27-2007, 12:27 PM
OHHHHH!!!! Man, I really wish you hadn't said that! I forgot, my 1701-D is in that same foot locker, I have the non-electronic transforming one from the series finale on the display in its place in my electronic ships display because it had a better stand.

Trans-Warping Enterprise! I have that somewhere. I still have my gold 1701-D. Romulan is somewhere so is the Vor'cha class attack cruiser. I know where the opened Defiant is. I had that stupid talking 1701-D too.

JediTricks
08-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I avoided gold and talking ships and stuff like that, couldn't even afford to think about that sort of thing ;). I kept putting off the Vor'cha until it was gone, luckily for me, the late Vulcantouch was able to get me one in good condition - a DS9 as well. I have a busted Excelsior around here, but I still don't care for the Generations refit design it has.

BountyHunterScum
08-27-2007, 05:51 PM
I avoided gold and talking ships and stuff like that, couldn't even afford to think about that sort of thing ;). I kept putting off the Vor'cha until it was gone, luckily for me, the late Vulcantouch was able to get me one in good condition - a DS9 as well. I have a busted Excelsior around here, but I still don't care for the Generations refit design it has.

I have my DS9 with mini 1701-D. My mother got me another attack cruiser and another bridge playset they didn't know I had those back then. I'll eventually bring those two up here. I even have the TOS 1701 and Romulan BOP playmates, I have to clean off 1701 and somehow locate or have identical labels for it made since my job on applying the top front saucer label was a shoddy one. I forgot what the hell I did with Generations 1701-D but I kinda don't care since that was the death of that ship anyway. DST oughta do what Hasbro did with the new Falcon and put white LED's in with the blue LED's so it can simulate the warp flash.

LTBasker
08-27-2007, 06:36 PM
I have a busted Excelsior around here, but I still don't care for the Generations refit design it has.

Go over it in some areas with black paint and maybe bust it up a little more, then hang it from the ceiling with some Jem'Hadar fighters surrounding it and voila. You get enjoyment from seeing destruction of the design, it makes a cool display AND it makes use of a broken item. :D

Actually that'd be a bit of work...

I used to have the Enterprise-D (first release/version), Vor'Cha and 1701-D Shuttlecraft but unfortunately our house caught on fire a long time ago and they were among the few victims from my collection. The Enterprise survived as it was only given smoke damage and some slight warping (no pun intended) on the saucer hull edges, the Vor'Cha and Shuttle unfortunately melted too much and had to be tossed.

Though, the Enterprise-D also had it's electronics ruined by the smoke damage so it's remained rather useless ever since, yet I've hung onto it. I've been tossing around the idea of properly cleaning it and removing all the decals and trying my hand at painting it, maybe adding custom electronics as well. I figure if I mess up, then I can just make it a Dominion war Galaxy-class victim.

By the way, I found an auction on ebay recently with a first version Enterprise-D on a stand, it looks like the person took the battery cover & stand from the Generations version and it was compatible with the first version.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Star-Trek-ENTERPRISE-D-STARSHIPS-TV-Movie-versions_W0QQitemZ150153807016QQihZ005QQcategoryZ7 50QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Blue2th
08-29-2007, 07:14 AM
So, while looking at my online banking statements, I have a charge from NewForce. I ordered a couple of Enterprises: WOK, WOK battle-damage, and Nemesis E-battle-damaged. Wonder which one is arriving?

BountyHunterScum
08-29-2007, 06:23 PM
So, while looking at my online banking statements, I have a charge from NewForce. I ordered a couple of Enterprises: WOK, WOK battle-damage, and Nemesis E-battle-damaged. Wonder which one is arriving?

Nemesis came out first so it should be that. I should be getting notifications for WOK WOK BD 1701-E BD and WNMHGB.

JediTricks
08-30-2007, 02:32 AM
I have my DS9 with mini 1701-D.VT couldn't find me the mini-D or he kept it or something, but it was such a solid deal I didn't mind, plus I have a ton of ST micro machines that sorta go with it.

My mother got me another attack cruiser and another bridge playset they didn't know I had those back then. I'll eventually bring those two up here. I even have the TOS 1701 and Romulan BOP playmates, I have to clean off 1701 and somehow locate or have identical labels for it made since my job on applying the top front saucer label was a shoddy one. I forgot what the hell I did with Generations 1701-D but I kinda don't care since that was the death of that ship anyway. Nice!

I also sucked with the label on them so I could use a duplicate set for each, but the reality is those f'ing plastic stickers don't fit great and come off in time anyway.

DST oughta do what Hasbro did with the new Falcon and put white LED's in with the blue LED's so it can simulate the warp flash.LOVE that idea!

Go over it in some areas with black paint and maybe bust it up a little more, then hang it from the ceiling with some Jem'Hadar fighters surrounding it and voila. You get enjoyment from seeing destruction of the design, it makes a cool display AND it makes use of a broken item. :D

Actually that'd be a bit of work...You mean just because the only versions of the Jem'hadar fighters out there are Micro Machines and out-of-print Japanese gashapon models? :p

By the way, I found an auction on ebay recently with a first version Enterprise-D on a stand, it looks like the person took the battery cover & stand from the Generations version and it was compatible with the first version.I forgot about that version, good find. I'm holding out for DST/AA to do a new version though.

Man do I wish they'd hurry up with that WOK Enterprise! This is getting stupid!

Tycho
08-30-2007, 02:51 AM
Well I popped off and ordered ALL the WOK figures and pre-ordered the DS9 figures and an extra Nemesis Worf to go with them.

I'll let you all know what I think when I get them.

Tycho
09-04-2007, 05:54 PM
I got my WOK figures today. A big box came via UPS and I got all excited wondering what it could be (I have a few things on order at the moment from SideShow Star Wars, to Takara Transformers, to Diamond Star Trek).

So I opened the box and got a pleasant surprise: it was the exclusive Comic Con 2007 Trek figures!

McCoy, Scotty, Sulu, and Chekov look spot on, great! (Now I'd love Scotty in his work digs too, though).

But I also got the free battle-ravaged Khan figure that comes with them when you bought all 4. There I was disappointed.

Khan should be larger than any of them. He's a genetically enhanced super human! But he's actually skinnier. The paint ap and sculpt is interesting though, but it is still disappointing.

Since very often the variants are repaints of the regular line figures, I no longer have very high expectations for my regular line assortment Khan figure. I'm just looking forward to getting my Kirk figures in that wave.

It's true: the back of the package shows 4 new figures due:

Lt. Saavik!
Lt. Uhura!
Kirk in Regula Station Landing Party Gear
Spock in normal uniform

(I'd love McCoy or Saavik to be also in the Landing Party Gear) - maybe this set will be released for 2008's Comic Con with one or the other (McCoy or Saavik) as the-buy-4-get-a-bonus-figure-free character.

Another wave could be:

Saavik (Landing Party Gear)
David Marcus
Carol Marcus
Khan's "First"

They also could do Chekov and Terrel in their enviornmental suits. If I'm not mistaken, those away team outfits were recycled from TMP and they could put Kirk and Spock in them, trying to contact V-GER (not that I'm interested in TMP figures myself).

I'd go for:

Kruuge -ST3
Maltz - ST3
random Klingons (variant head sculpts) ST-3, 5, 6, TNG, DS9
Kirk civilian clothes ST-3, ST-4
Sulu civilian clothes ST 3, ST-4
Chekov civilian clothes ST 3, ST-4
Scotty work digs ST 3, ST-4, ST 5, ST -6, TNG
Scotty radiation suit TMP, ST 2
Spock - Vulcan robes ST -3
McCoy - Civilian Clothes

and I could go on with the Doctor disguises from ST 4, and the commando raid outfits from ST 5.

Did I mention I like the TOS movies?

JediTricks
09-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Khan isn't significantly bigger than Kirk or them in Space Seed, he's only about 6 feet tall. Still, he should be as tall as any of 'em and more buff.

Khan's "first" is named Joachim.

Tycho
09-05-2007, 11:57 PM
There you go: I want a figure of Joachim.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure I meant taller, but for sure more "buff" (for Khan).

As my figures stand, it looks as if Bones could take him.

LTBasker
09-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Sorry to bring up a previous (major) issue, but regarding the Enterprise-D having all the impulse thrusters lit during it's appearance on Enterprise, the same thing happened on an episode of Voyager. I was looking through screencaps of the episode "Timeless" and noticed the Galaxy class that was Captained by Geordi was shown using all impulse thusters.

http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=97&pos=209

So, my thinking is that despite Gabe Koerner's rude replies to James, it might not have been his doing.

It's true: the back of the package shows 4 new figures due:

Lt. Saavik!
Lt. Uhura!
Kirk in Regula Station Landing Party Gear
Spock in normal uniform

(I'd love McCoy or Saavik to be also in the Landing Party Gear) - maybe this set will be released for 2008's Comic Con with one or the other (McCoy or Saavik) as the-buy-4-get-a-bonus-figure-free character.

If you meant Spock and co. being for Comic-Con, I believe they're supposed to be the second wave for retail.

If they do another TWOK comic-con set, hopefully it's:

Saavik (Regula 1)
McCoy (Regula 1)
David Marcus
Carol Marcus
Scotty (Radiation suit - Bonus figure)

Though since it'd be in '08, I could see the comic-con set (assuming they do a figure set again) being based on DS9 or one of the other movies.

BountyHunterScum
09-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Sorry to bring up a previous (major) issue, but regarding the Enterprise-D having all the impulse thrusters lit during it's appearance on Enterprise, the same thing happened on an episode of Voyager. I was looking through screencaps of the episode "Timeless" and noticed the Galaxy class that was Captained by Geordi was shown using all impulse thusters.

http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=97&pos=209

So, my thinking is that despite Gabe Koerner's rude replies to James, it might not have been his doing.

If you meant Spock and co. being for Comic-Con, I believe they're supposed to be the second wave for retail.

If they do another TWOK comic-con set, hopefully it's:

Saavik (Regula 1)
McCoy (Regula 1)
David Marcus
Carol Marcus
Scotty (Radiation suit - Bonus figure)

Though since it'd be in '08, I could see the comic-con set (assuming they do a figure set again) being based on DS9 or one of the other movies.

It wasn't just the saucer impulse engines it was the weird new running lights next to those engines too. According to Wiki he is responsible for that CGI 1701, the article could be wrong though.

LTBasker
09-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Nah, he's definitely responsible for the CGI Ent-D, he mentions it on his site. I'm just thinking the added lighting could've been a requirement set by the producers for what they wanted to see on screen. At least for the impulse thrusters, I didn't pay attention to the running lights.

BountyHunterScum
09-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Nah, he's definitely responsible for the CGI Ent-D, he mentions it on his site. I'm just thinking the added lighting could've been a requirement set by the producers for what they wanted to see on screen. At least for the impulse thrusters, I didn't pay attention to the running lights.

It's just another case of something being fixed that wasn't broken.

BountyHunterScum
09-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Looks like my raw 1701-D Corgi should arrive here soon, flying mule got them in stock.

Jayspawn
09-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Joachim is supposed to be Khan's son too.

Tycho
09-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Joachim is supposed to be Khan's son too.

I didn't know that. Where did you learn that? What is the significance of the name "Joachim" if any?

As to DS9 figures for Comic Con 2008 - that would be good too. It changes the focus away from finishing the WOK figures though and that always makes me nervous. We're never going to have Hoshi Sato and Dr. Phlox in their duty uniforms. :rolleyes:

WOK and DS9 stand much better chances I know. However, DST loves reusing stuff and making slight alterations. DS9 missing (as of now) are:

O'Brien (easily done with existing tools)
Bashir (not much to worry about but resculpting the hair on the T&T figure)
Kira - a whole new figure required here
Quark - another whole new figure required here
Gul Dukat is a must-have of course. The body could be recycled for:

Mirror Universe Garack
Damar
a generic soldier

Sisko
Dax
O'Brien and Bashir could be redone from their 5th season style uniforms to their basic season 1 look and the bodies recycled for TNG Generations or Voyager figures of course. I'd only be interested in the Voyager figures, myself.

Jayspawn
09-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Because Judson Scott who played Joachim told me in person when I met him a few years ago. He was a heck of a guy too. Shame his name doesnt appear in the credits either.

BountyHunterScum
09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Because Judson Scott who played Joachim told me in person when I met him a few years ago. He was a heck of a guy too. Shame his name doesnt appear in the credits either.

I bet that was cool.

BountyHunterScum
09-10-2007, 02:39 PM
WNMHGB 1701 and BD 1701-E came. So did 12" talking Lara Croft.

Tycho
09-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Does the talking Lara Croft say, "You're so cute! I want to adopt you!" ? ;)

Jayspawn, that is cool that you met the actor who played Jaochim. At a convention? How?

No one answered if his character's name means anything significant to Khan. Is his full name (character's) Jaochim Singh? Jaochim McGyvers Singh?

Wasn't his mother's name Ensign McGyvers? ("Space Seed" - 1967) - The Starfleet ship's historian from the Enterprise.

"One of these killed my beloved wife...." - Khan Noonian Singh

And was Airuk Soongh, an ancestor of Noonian Soongh (Data's creator) any relation to Khan's family? Why would he be named after a dictator (Noonian?) or have that possibly suggested? "Adolf" is not a very popular name these days.

BountyHunterScum
09-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Does the talking Lara Croft say, "You're so cute! I want to adopt you!" ? ;)

Jayspawn, that is cool that you met the actor who played Jaochim. At a convention? How?

No one answered if his character's name means anything significant to Khan. Is his full name (character's) Jaochim Singh? Jaochim McGyvers Singh?

Wasn't his mother's name Ensign McGyvers? ("Space Seed" - 1967) - The Starfleet ship's historian from the Enterprise.

"One of these killed my beloved wife...." - Khan Noonian Singh

And was Airuk Soongh, an ancestor of Noonian Soongh (Data's creator) any relation to Khan's family? Why would he be named after a dictator (Noonian?) or have that possibly suggested? "Adolf" is not a very popular name these days.

Close, she says she wants my body.

JediTricks
09-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Joachim is supposed to be Khan's son too.There is some question about the accuracy of that one, some sources say he's supposed to be the character Joaquin from Space Seed, and then there's a book that said he's the son of Joaquin and Ling.

Because Judson Scott who played Joachim told me in person when I met him a few years ago. He was a heck of a guy too. Shame his name doesnt appear in the credits either.Apparently, that was his representation's fault, he should have sued them for the inept manner in which they handled that situation.

So, what's the deal now with the WOK Enterprise? I mean, it's not a new mold, the tooling is ready to go, it's just a new f'ing paint job, what's the holdup?!?

BountyHunterScum
09-10-2007, 07:32 PM
There is some question about the accuracy of that one, some sources say he's supposed to be the character Joaquin from Space Seed, and then there's a book that said he's the son of Joaquin and Ling.

Apparently, that was his representation's fault, he should have sued them for the inept manner in which they handled that situation.

So, what's the deal now with the WOK Enterprise? I mean, it's not a new mold, the tooling is ready to go, it's just a new f'ing paint job, what's the holdup?!?

It should be out soon. I heard it has Kirk's voice so if thats true it's not just a new paint job.

JediTricks
09-10-2007, 08:02 PM
I hope it has more film-accurate sound effects, the current one's board is a mixed bag (the warp-out and transporter sounds on it are actually from WOK tho'). In any event, that stuff is fairly easy to do by comparison to everything else, so it shouldn't have taken this long.

LTBasker
09-10-2007, 08:14 PM

Fortunately, they're going further than that. :)

From a Q&A on TrekToy-

Our plan is to pretty much strip it down from the inside and out, then go from there.

I'm hoping that includes changing the lights to LEDs since apparently the bulbs they used didn't turn out very well, as well as having the feature to keep the lights on like the TOS Enterprise.

BountyHunterScum
09-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Fortunately, they're going further than that. :)

From a Q&A on TrekToy-

I'm hoping that includes changing the lights to LEDs since apparently the bulbs they used didn't turn out very well, as well as having the feature to keep the lights on like the TOS Enterprise.

Being that my imagination is too expensive for any toy company I would have wished the WOK 1701 had blinking running lights on the saucer nacelles and belly while in lights on mode only. If I can dream it, toy companies can't do it.

JediTricks
09-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Well, hopefully they'll get it to us before Trek's 42nd anniversary. :rolleyes:

LTBasker
09-12-2007, 05:17 AM
Oh come on, I doubt they would do that.

They'd wait until the 50th. :p

Tycho
09-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Since you guys love to talk "ships," I want:

Klingon battle cruiser
Klingon flag ship
Klingong Bird of Prey
Romulan Warbird
Romulan Scoutship
Romulan Nemesis-Type Warbird
Reman Scimitar
Cardassian Warship
Jem Hadar Attack Ship
Jem Hadar Battle Cruiser
Breen Warship
Maquis Raider
Ferengi Marauder

and probably more that I'm forgetting. I wonder how some of the Playmates stuff would look next to the AA ships I own: NX-01, 1701-A, 1701-E?

JediTricks
09-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Part of the problem with collecting the figures is that, unlike Star Wars, everybody in the Trek universe is dressed the same, and they never do anything particularly exciting in terms of action poses and whatnot. So for me, while I collected everybody in the TNG era during the Playmates line, the reality is I only really felt happiest collecting Trek when it was technology - starships and phasers.

Tycho
09-12-2007, 04:44 PM
JT, I understand. However, AA / DST is so missing out on the sculpts they could do for radically varrying figures:

Quark
Gul Dukat (reuseable for Damar & Mirror Universe Garack)
Kira
General Martok (reuseable from Klingon Worf, not to mention Gowron, Duras, etc).
Jem Hadar Warrior (easily sold army builder)
The Founder
Weyoun
Ishka
Breen Commander
Rom
Nog (waiter, Starfleet)
Leeta
Romulan Commander (various ranks)

There's a lot that could happen here. I don't know how profitable it would be for them, however. I think this is a very "niche" line and it's so much easier to balance a wave using re-used body parts. But while the Klingons and Cardassian uniforms are visually striking as figures, they actually ARE reusable.

BountyHunterScum
09-17-2007, 04:01 PM
There is a good reason why the Wrath of Khan 1701 is delayed, DST is having huge quality control issues with the factory. One of my WNMHGB ships has a lighting defect in the bridge dome so I ordered a third one well it's worse off the saucer is leaning to starboard.

Tycho
09-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Captain!

Go ahead Scotty.

I Kanna hold the paint on the hull, Captain! It's the Chinese. They're using something that gets by even our shields!

BountyHunterScum
09-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Captain!

Go ahead Scotty.

I Kanna hold the paint on the hull, Captain! It's the Chinese. They're using something that gets by even our shields!

Yeah really, all things consider my defective light ship is rembrandt compared to this new terd. It flickers then goes out for a few seconds at most then repeats this cycle randomly. If only I had the batteries not included aliens....

JediTricks
09-18-2007, 05:09 AM
There is a good reason why the Wrath of Khan 1701 is delayed, DST is having huge quality control issues with the factory. One of my WNMHGB ships has a lighting defect in the bridge dome so I ordered a third one well it's worse off the saucer is leaning to starboard.Man, that sucks eggs! Stupid DST may have put the final nail in Trek collecting's coffin with that move, damn fools. I was searching around for info about the WOK Enterprise and found a bunch of folks on AA's forums complaining about the printing on the TOS Enterprise - they sounded like whiners until I got to mine in the living room and saw "ENTE RPRISE" with the latter slightly higher than the former, and all off-balance to the "NCC-1701". Then I remembered the issues with the seams on the plugs and the saucer not being very good. And now what you're saying, it sounds like they've just slid into mediocrity. Tragic, I loved this line.

BountyHunterScum
09-18-2007, 06:27 AM
My 1701's name is a little off the one I opened that is, it also had dried glue on the saucer. the deflectot dish bowl has a small wad of glue on the backside so its a bit crooked. All things considered I got lucky. I didn't notice any 1701-E problems.

LTBasker
09-20-2007, 12:01 AM
New announcement from NFC's newsletter:

hello all...
We leave on our family vacation tomorrow (returning Oct 1), so wanted to get out some news to folks....

1)1701 First Contact Data....we will presell a very limited # of these (since it was so limitedly produced), starting the first week of Oct. I think we will have enough to satisfy demand of our regular customer base.

2)TNG wave 5. These presells should actually start tomorrow. Webmaster has all the info, so just a matter of it getting uploaded.

3) Our shared exclusive Riker (1st season) in Chair. These presells should actually start tomorrow. Webmaster has all the info, so just a matter of it getting uploaded.

4)Wave 3 of the Retro figures (Romulan and Spock). These presells will start first of Oct.

5)WOK 1701 ships: both production version and our exclusive Battle Damaged version are on the water, shipping from HK to the US, so hopefully they arrive in the very near future.

6)WOK ser 1 figures: same as above...they have been produced and packaged, and are in route to the US now.

7) Landing party statues. We will be offering the matching numbered set of 3 (kirk, spock, mccoy) the first week of Oct. We will also be uploading the Mini busts at that time.

Existing stock info:
*We are pretty much sold out of the WOK SDCC set...we have limited number of damaged carded sets available (for those that like to open their figures), but once sold out, that is it from us.
*Battle Damaged Enterprise E. We are just about sold out of this ship as well. There is minimal stock available to purchase directly from us. We have sold small quantities to other retailers to resell, so product is available and will be available (but at a higher price than we sell for).
*WNMHGB 1701. Limited production. We have sold out of our allotment, but I did manage, this week to secure some quantity from another account. We should receive this new stock the first week of Oct, and we are having to charge full retail for them (because my shipped cost was higher than our previous price). This was the only stock I could locate from anyone (in any quantity), so if you missed out, likely last chance from us (at retail or less).
*Retro cloth series 1...we have some damaged carded sets (perfect for openers) available, but we are basically sold out of MOC sets.
*TNG wave 4...we are all but sold out...we will have a few sets of openers available, and have very minimal MOC sets available.

And, actually the Riker w/ chair, TNG wave 5 and FC Data preorders are already up.

Also, some VERY awesome news that DST was apparently being very sneaky about- a TOS communicator!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC10777&mode=retail

Jayspawn
09-20-2007, 11:50 AM
I wonder if DST is secretly working on Star Trek 2008 movie figures. Oh that would be sweet.

JediTricks
09-20-2007, 09:17 PM
OMG! Actual info about the product I order 4 months ago, it's a miracle!

Hmm, communicator huh? I already have a decent replica thanks to VT, they made one a while back with record/playback function, "the sound" and lights, a clock, and a calculator. Still, be nice to see what they can do with the idea, even if that price is WAY too high for it.

I gotta pick up the dang TOS Phaser one of these days.

Blue2th
10-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Here's a Furuta Defiant and Enterprise E creeping up on it. I want to take one with the Art Asylum E.http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16135&d=1191560449http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16136&d=1191560449

Blue2th
10-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Here's a better one of the top view http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16137&d=1191560659

Blue2th
10-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Just for fun, Johnny Lightning Refit & Reliant http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16138&d=1191561271http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16139&d=1191561271http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16140&d=1191561271

Tycho
10-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Whoa! The Defiant! The coolest ship in all of Starfleet!

That's sweet! How big is that thing? (compare it with AA ships, for example)

Blue2th
10-05-2007, 01:34 AM
This is with the AA Enterprise E. The last photo is held even with the Saucer section. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16142&d=1191565914http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16143&d=1191565914http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16144&d=1191565914

Tycho
10-05-2007, 02:56 AM
Furuta? Dang I got to get me one of those Defiants!

Where do you buy them?

Blue2th
10-05-2007, 11:01 AM
I have only seen them on eBay. They are pack-ins to some kind of candy or snack in Japan only.
What they get in each box is a mystery I do believe. So they have to hunt them down, and you get a little box for each craft that has already been opened, and the model is a snap-together in a little bag.
You can usually get them from a west coast eBay e-tailer, or a reputable seller (one with 100% positive feedback recommended) from Japan. That's how I got all three waves.

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah, they're Japanese gashopon models, you buy them from overpriced vending machines, they have an envelope of weird chocolate nibs IIRC. They're blind-packed so all the good ones are more expensive on the aftermarket because the vendor has to get stuck with 3 turkeys to get that one.

Nice pics Twoth, man do I wish I had that Defiant, it's really nice-looking. I'd say it's close to scale with the AA Ent-E as well, that's awesome. I have the Furuta Ent-E, it's nice but it has a bit of a "bend" to the design that I'm not fond of.

The JL Ent-A bums me out, they got so much right and then the top of the saucer is all wrong and ruins it for me.

plasticfetish
10-06-2007, 03:22 AM
I'd found the few candy toy Furuta Trek ships that I have at a really nice Japanese market down in Southern California. (Marukai (http://www.marukai.com/) in Torrance.)

Kind of a minor thing, because in the end it really works the same way, but there's a difference between "gashapon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gashapon)" and "candy toys." like JT said, gashapon are those vending machine toys that are packed a lot like anything you'd get here in the US... with the clear plastic ball container, etc. Candy toys tend to be just a little nicer, and (like JT said) can come "blind packed" in a box. Candy Toys more often than not come boxed with some lame-ish candy. As I understand it, in Japan you're not allowed to sell toys in grocery stores unless they're part of a food item. (This may have changed or I've heard it wrong, but that's how I came to understand it years ago.)

BTW, the name "gashapon" comes from the sound that the vending machine makes when you turn the handle and the toy drops down. Gasha-pon! :)

Blue2th
10-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Here's some more Furuta with Johnny Lightnings http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16149&d=1191659882http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16150&d=1191659882http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16151&d=1191659882

Blue2th
10-06-2007, 03:44 AM
And some more more. I love taking these pics :love: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16152&d=1191660106http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16153&d=1191660106http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16154&d=1191660106http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16155&d=1191660162http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16156&d=1191660162

BountyHunterScum
10-06-2007, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't mind having the futura Romulan Warbird and 1701-E but since I'm not willing to shell out huge bucks I'll never get them. I have series 2 of those ships which includes Future 1701-D and Voyager.

Blue2th
10-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeah, they're way over priced. I lucked out and got them included from a Japanese seller before they started climing in price. They're not that spectacular.
I have the Furuta Enterprise D and Future D also, but I highly recommend the JL ones. Wave four is supposed to be out this month hopefully.

BountyHunterScum
10-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah, they're way over priced. I lucked out and got them included from a Japanese seller before they started climing in price. They're not that spectacular.
I have the Furuta Enterprise D and Future D also, but I highly recommend the JL ones. Wave four is supposed to be out this month hopefully.

I have series 1 and 2 of the JL stuff I never got wave 3. I will get wave 4 if possible.

JediTricks
10-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Ah, thanks for the explanation PF, I didn't realize they weren't sold in vending machines as well. The candy with the Furutas is pretty weird chocolate.

JL wave 3 was the wave they should have released instead of overdoing variants in wave 2, that alone may have kept the line going if they had got a better schedule together. The problem is that JL is trying too hard to milk every last penny out of these molds instead of keeping the line overall salient.

Tycho
10-08-2007, 06:03 PM
So what FIGURES do you think AA/DS will be doing next?

In line to ship (no one has these yet, right?) are WOK Kirk, WOK bloody Kirk, WOK Khan, and WOK Terrel.

Following them up will be WOK Spock, WOK Uhura, WOK Saavik, WOK Away Team Kirk.

Do you think the WOK figures are over? They could so do some more cool ones from that film!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

DS9 hasn't shipped yet (to my knowledge) but coming are:

Ezri Dax, Jadzia Dax, Ezri Dax with Rifle, Sisko, Odo

The line would continue with very obvious choices, but do you think we'll see them do them? What's holding the show up?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

plasticfetish
10-08-2007, 06:07 PM
The candy with the Furutas is pretty weird chocolate.I know... it reminds me of rabbit poop. lol

I really miss that market down there BTW. We have an OK one up here, but Marukai is the best.

BountyHunterScum
10-09-2007, 01:48 AM
I know... it reminds me of rabbit poop. lol

I really miss that market down there BTW. We have an OK one up here, but Marukai is the best.

It was chocolate covered rice. I ate mine, they weren't half bad either. They were just different is all.

JediTricks
10-09-2007, 03:28 PM
They don't sweeten it as much as western candy, and the texture's a little weirder too.

Blue2th
10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
I'd like to try that candy someday. I like Japanese snacks. Particularly the soy covered rice crackers, shrimp chips, and every once in a while the salted dried plums.
All these Furutas and I never tried the candy they come with.

Tycho
10-09-2007, 04:58 PM
The thread is titled "Star Trek FIGURES" but nobody here talks about figures - it's all about the ships - and now also about funky pieces of Japanese chocolate.

I think a moderator should change the thread title. It's misleading.

But may I remind you that if it were not for the characters, there'd be no one in Star Trek to fly the ships. And the figures represent the characters!

This is all a conspiracy to frustrate me, isn't it?

Not only am I not any closer to getting a Weyoun, Founder, or Martok figure, but no one is willing to discuss it.

BountyHunterScum
10-09-2007, 07:42 PM
They don't sweeten it as much as western candy, and the texture's a little weirder too.

That's exactly why alot of americans are raving fat asses. My achilles heal was soda, I don't have too much of a sweet tooth. If you get too much of a sweet tooth you're not going to have any teeth left. I ate all of the chocolate rice futura packs and enjoyed them.

plasticfetish
10-09-2007, 08:56 PM
My achilles heal was soda, I don't have too much of a sweet tooth. If you get too much of a sweet tooth you're not going to have any teeth left. I ate all of the chocolate rice futura packs and enjoyed them.Soda (cola) is the worst thing possible for your teeth... hasn't done me any good. I gave up soda a while ago. Have tried to any way.

Didn't say I didn't eat my Furuta candies BTW. ;)

I think a moderator should change the thread title. It's misleading.Maybe if they'd start cooking up a little variety, not just a bunch of WOK, we'd have more to talk about. Show me some new TOS figures and I'll clap my hands.

What happened with the "retro" (MEGO-ish) figures anyway? Did anybody see those at retail?

Darth Duranium
10-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Hey now...

Didn't know that bit about candy toys/gashapon either... kewl. Gasha- pon banzai!

There's also another line of Japanese candy toy Star Trek starships by ROMANDO...similar to JL and Furuta.

see wave 1 (change x's to t's)

hxxp://my.reset.jp/~kyushu/etc/romando_ships.jpg

see wave 2

hxxp://spaceship.brainiac.com/Konami/star-trek.jpeg

They're a bit smaller than JL or Furuta but pretty kewl... I've got 'em all except the 8472 Bioship and the Voyager. DS9 is huge...way bigger than Hallmark's even.

Is Furuta putting out any more ships? They're excellent, too. Got everything except the Romulan warbird (just got the glowing Borg Cube and sphere for $14!).

Are there any other Japanese lines? I know about Konami Space 1999 and Alien ships, Tomy's Star Wars ships...what else is there?

Looking forward to the JL wave 4. JL are pulling a Titanium Series maneuver by just putting out repaints, though. They're gonna kill it... and it nearly died already!

How about another Enterprise B and C, huh? Furuta is the only one that bothered...

The rumoured Corgi Enterprise E would be nice...it would be the right scale for JL and Furuta. The Corgi Enterprise D is awesome…the primary hull is huge!
There's supposedly a Corgi Voyager on the horizon, too. Can't say much about the "raw metal" versions tho...

plasticfetish
10-09-2007, 09:42 PM
(I've gotta merge your posts.)

As far as Trek goes, I don't know about other companies. Sure someone else around here does...

Blue2th
10-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I only saw the Mego type Kirk and Klingon 2-pk once at a Hastngs. Should've bought it, it's the last time I've seen it. I liked the soft goods (clothes) and detail. If I remember they are the same size as the AA's, but I liked them better.

Just checked out those Romandos on eBay (a good reference guide)
wouldn't mind getting that DS9 if it's larger than the Hallmark one which is big.
I'd like to see some close ups or comparison pics of those ships next to the Furutas or JL's
The JL Enterprise D for instance is almost an inch bigger than the Furuta one (and a lot better detail) but the JL Voyager is about 3/4 the size of the Furuta one.
Bandai also makes some kewl little ships, but I only have the "Aliens" Sulaco
I've got my eyes on the Bandai Star Trek ships which are close to the size of the AA's but are even more super-detailed, with lights. Most go in the $100 range. They are no longer made so they are just going to go up in price and value.

I hope Corgi does make the next wave of ships.

I still want the Sideshow Premium Kirk and Spock. They look really nice.
I'd almost wish Sideshow would make a few 12" Star Trek figures, but Playmates did such a nice job (except for Gorn & Mugatu) I don't see the need. I've got every one except POTA 12" Diamond Exclusives Kirk & Spock...one of these days.

plasticfetish
10-10-2007, 01:01 AM
I'd almost wish Sideshow would make a few 12" Star Trek figures, but Playmates did such a nice job (except for Gorn & Mugatu) I don't see the need. I've got every one except POTA 12" Diamond Exclusives Kirk & Spock...one of these days.How can you not like that soft and cuddly Mugatu figure? ;)

As much as I love the Playmates stuff, I would be really happy to have Sideshow take a stab at TOS crew figures.

BountyHunterScum
10-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Soda (cola) is the worst thing possible for your teeth... hasn't done me any good. I gave up soda a while ago. Have tried to any way.

Didn't say I didn't eat my Furuta candies BTW. ;)

Maybe if they'd start cooking up a little variety, not just a bunch of WOK, we'd have more to talk about. Show me some new TOS figures and I'll clap my hands.

What happened with the "retro" (MEGO-ish) figures anyway? Did anybody see those at retail?

I drink lots of tap water and have a sonic toothbrush. I try not to drink pepsi all of the time. Corgi has wave 2 to worry about right now, Voyager Defiant and Warbird. I will know in a week or so if they intend to make them.

BountyHunterScum
10-10-2007, 01:38 AM
I have that romando set with the multi versions of each ship. Christ what a hassle if I ever decided to put them together, I actually messed with a couple they are so much of a headache I put them back in their boxes and swear I would never bother with them again. I'd love to get my hands on Futura series 1 and 3. The futura ships are a dream just assemble them and voila instant visual bliss. I have the old South Bend 1701 TMP ship that is modular you can configure it into different non canon ship types like the tug and some experimental ships.

Blue2th
10-10-2007, 11:18 AM
How can you not like that soft and cuddly Mugatu figure? ;)

As much as I love the Playmates stuff, I would be really happy to have Sideshow take a stab at TOS crew figures.

I agree, and I would probably buy them, well I know I would.
To be honest though, I would've wanted them to do the "Enterprise" crew (waiting... to... get... hit) starting with Capn' Archer.
I would die for a Commander Shran 12"

Though an original garbed Kirk in yellow shirt was almost impossible to get for a while, and was available only in a "Masterpiece" edition.
Same goes for Picard if I'm not mistaken.

The Romulan Kirk, and WOK Kirk and Spock are outstanding Playmates 12"

Tycho
10-10-2007, 01:49 PM
DS9's supporting cast must be made:

General Martok
Weyoun
The Founder

and Cardassians Gul Dukat, Garack, and Gul Damar, amongst others. And we should have an option of developing a Jem Hadar army!

SideShow could even do a Star Trek military line and offer us Starfleet and Klingon soldiers, etc.

Blue2th
10-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Maybe the new Star Trek movie for better or worse will spark the Star Trek fever again hopefully, and Sideshow will give us figures. (I
think they still have the license)
Though what I really want is a return to 3 3/4 figures with better sculpting like Hasbro has done with Star Wars and GI Joe.

We didn't even get the main characters from DS9 in 12" though we got them in 9" which are pretty cool. We got:
Gul Dukat
Odo
O'brian (I think?)
Jem Haddar
Dax
Sisco
Some came with Tribbles from that one episode.
Yeah, I got all them too. There might be more I can't think of.
The 9" series are neat and there's alot more characters made.

Tycho
10-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I liked the ArtAsylum / Diamond all-plastic 7" figures myself. They've only just tested the water for DS9. I hope they'll dive all the way in!

LTBasker
10-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Good news, everybody! TWOK Series 1 and both TWOK Enterprises should be at NewForce very soon!

The WOK Figures ser 1, 1701 ship and BD 1701 ship, that shipped from HK last month, have apparently arrived in the US, and should be arriving to us within the next week or so. We will update, as we have firm delivery details.

Also, they have FC Data in stock already.

Tycho
10-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Cool. I want my Captain Kirk figure.

"He tasks me and I shall have him!"

Now what of the DS9 set?

Blue2th
10-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Good news, everybody! TWOK Series 1 and both TWOK Enterprises should be at NewForce very soon!

Kewl, got both of those on order from Newforce.
Watch out for credit card charges.

JediTricks
10-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Trek figures are boring, they all have the same costumes, are too expensive, and have a horrible release schedule to go with their awful distribution. :D

Hey now...

Didn't know that bit about candy toys/gashapon either... kewl. Gasha- pon banzai!

There's also another line of Japanese candy toy Star Trek starships by ROMANDO...similar to JL and Furuta.

see wave 1 (change x's to t's)

hxxp://my.reset.jp/~kyushu/etc/romando_ships.jpg

see wave 2

hxxp://spaceship.brainiac.com/Konami/star-trek.jpeg

They're a bit smaller than JL or Furuta but pretty kewl... I've got 'em all except the 8472 Bioship and the Voyager. DS9 is huge...way bigger than Hallmark's even.

Is Furuta putting out any more ships? They're excellent, too. Got everything except the Romulan warbird (just got the glowing Borg Cube and sphere for $14!).

Are there any other Japanese lines? I know about Konami Space 1999 and Alien ships, Tomy's Star Wars ships...what else is there?

Looking forward to the JL wave 4. JL are pulling a Titanium Series maneuver by just putting out repaints, though. They're gonna kill it... and it nearly died already!

How about another Enterprise B and C, huh? Furuta is the only one that bothered...

The rumoured Corgi Enterprise E would be nice...it would be the right scale for JL and Furuta. The Corgi Enterprise D is awesome…the primary hull is huge!
There's supposedly a Corgi Voyager on the horizon, too. Can't say much about the "raw metal" versions tho...
The Romando sets looked cool, but when I saw that they were smaller than the Micro Machines it turned me way off... that and the difficulty getting them. Konami is supposedly about to start their own Trek line of ships in Japan, but it's like the same ol' same ol' entries, nothing exciting.

Corgi is so drag-arse it's painful. If they do a Defiant, I'll be in 7th heaven, but at this point I don't know if we'll ever see anything from them again.

I still want the Sideshow Premium Kirk and Spock. They look really nice.
I'd almost wish Sideshow would make a few 12" Star Trek figures, but Playmates did such a nice job (except for Gorn & Mugatu) I don't see the need. I've got every one except POTA 12" Diamond Exclusives Kirk & Spock...one of these days.That reminds me, at comic-con, Gentle Giant had a no-photography clothed Picard, I think 10" or so.

I drink lots of tap water and have a sonic toothbrush. I try not to drink pepsi all of the time. Doesn't matter unless you brush your teeth within 15 minutes of drinking a soda. The sugar in soda is the least of your teeth's worries, the cola itself is highly acidic, and then the carbonation turns into carbonic acid which is extremely damaging to your teeth.

BountyHunterScum
10-10-2007, 08:00 PM
It does matter, tap water has flouride in it.

BountyHunterScum
10-10-2007, 08:00 PM

Also, they have FC Data in stock already.

I have FC Data on preorder.

JediTricks
10-12-2007, 10:19 PM
I haven't seen a charge for the WOK Enterprise yet, but hopefully it's soon.

It does matter, tap water has flouride in it.Fluoride slowly toughens enamel, but the acids in soda are quite strong, fluoride isn't a cure-all, it's just a slight edge.

BountyHunterScum
10-13-2007, 07:52 AM
I haven't seen a charge for the WOK Enterprise yet, but hopefully it's soon.

Fluoride slowly toughens enamel, but the acids in soda are quite strong, fluoride isn't a cure-all, it's just a slight edge.

I swash the water in my mouth right after I drink pepsi so the sugar and acid don't have much quality time with my teeth.

BountyHunterScum
10-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Someone I hope I run into someone willing to buy a WNMHGB 1701, I have a thid one that has some obvious but fixable factory flaws. I bought it in the hopes of having a perfect extra one but it's worse off than the flickering bridge light one I have.

Darth Duranium
10-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Just checked out those Romandos on eBay (a good reference guide)
wouldn't mind getting that DS9 if it's larger than the Hallmark one which is big.
I'd like to see some close ups or comparison pics of those ships next to the Furutas or JL's
The JL Enterprise D for instance is almost an inch bigger than the Furuta one (and a lot better detail) but the JL Voyager is about 3/4 the size of the Furuta one.

By request, I knocked out a couple pix for you... it was a good excuse to play with 'em.

Yeah the Romando DS9 is huge but a complete ***** to assemble...in the end it was worth it, tho. The Hallmark miniships are better scaled for it, I think...might move 'em over.

More coming...

First, here's DS9:

Darth Duranium
10-16-2007, 12:00 AM
More pics of the Big E...more later. Ciao

Darth Duranium
10-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Continued pics of the Enterprise E... all actual size relative to each other...

Darth Duranium
10-16-2007, 12:46 AM
But wait...there's more

Darth Duranium
10-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Last one... hope you all enjoy...again, these ships were shot next to each other so they're actual relative size. Might photo some other ships by request...I've got pretty much everything (roughly) in this scale.

I really like the big Bandai ships but they're too big for me... I'd overwhelm my house with 'em. The little ships are frackin' bad enough. Lemme know what you think of these pics.

Has anyone seen pics of the new Konami starships yet? Hmmm...I remember something from like .. a year ago somehow...

BountyHunterScum
10-16-2007, 06:58 AM
I see they always get the 1701-E's Deflector color wrong. Hallmark's is right though. Note to Japan 1701-E's deflector is AMBER not Blue.

LTBasker
10-16-2007, 10:31 AM
The Romando DS9 looks like it has a nice size, I've got the Hallmark DS9 so I'm pretty surprised it's larger than that. I don't like the paintjob on the Romando ones though, it looks too...blotchy? The Furuta ones win in the paint category by miles.

Funny though, the Romando Enterprise-E seperates from the main shuttlebay, that would leave a heck of a gap in the rear of the saucer. :eek:

BountyHunterScum
10-16-2007, 10:40 AM
The Romando DS9 looks like it has a nice size, I've got the Hallmark DS9 so I'm pretty surprised it's larger than that. I don't like the paintjob on the Romando ones though, it looks too...blotchy? The Furuta ones win in the paint category by miles.

Funny though, the Romando Enterprise-E seperates from the main shuttlebay, that would leave a heck of a gap in the rear of the saucer. :eek:

The real one takes the shuttlebay with it luckily.

Blue2th
10-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Nice pics DT!! I wish I could have gotten mine as big, but I am a novice at posting pictures here, and for some reason I can only make them a certain size. Like a maximum of 300 X 200 JPEG.
Maybe I should play with the resolution? in the "Just Testing" area of SSG.

How did you do it?
I own a Mac, so it might be like apples and oranges (no pun intended)

BTW: That Romado DS9 is sweet!
Gotta get one of those!

BTW again: I just managed to get a JL White Lightning Reliant the other day, so that completes my set of JL WL wave one. An almost impossible task without spending booku bucks.

BountyHunterScum
10-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Nice pics DT!! I wish I could have gotten mine as big, but I am a novice at posting pictures here, and for some reason I can only make them a certain size. Like a maximum of 300 X 200 JPEG.
Maybe I should play with the resolution? in the "Just Testing" area of SSG.

How did you do it?
I own a Mac, so it might be like apples and oranges (no pun intended)

BTW: That Romado DS9 is sweet!
Gotta get one of those!

BTW again: I just managed to get a JL White Lightning Reliant the other day, so that completes my set of JL WL wave one. An almost impossible task without spending booku bucks.

The WL version of the Reliant is barely noticeable from the normal one.

Blue2th
10-16-2007, 03:00 PM
The WL version of the Reliant is barely noticeable from the normal one.
It is a sparkly pearl white, as are all the wave one WL JL's and also pure white in color.
Up close the regular version (which is sweet regardless) is an off-white.

The WL Reliant is the toughest one to track down of all of wave one for some reason. I managed to pay 21.00 plus shipping on eBay, but had to have it.

JL's version kicks butt over the Furuta which is less detailed, even more dirty looking which is kinda cool, and the nacelles droop and aren't a good fit when you put it together. Though they are almost the same size.

I'm not sorry I bought the Furuta one though.

I can't wait for the JL Majestic.

BountyHunterScum
10-16-2007, 03:24 PM
It is a sparkly pearl white, as are all the wave one WL JL's and also pure white in color.
Up close the regular version (which is sweet regardless) is an off-white.

The WL Reliant is the toughest one to track down of all of wave one for some reason. I managed to pay 21.00 plus shipping on eBay, but had to have it.

JL's version kicks butt over the Furuta which is less detailed, even more dirty looking which is kinda cool, and the nacelles droop and aren't a good fit when you put it together. Though they are almost the same size.

I'm not sorry I bought the Furuta one though.

I can't wait for the JL Majestic.

I have the WL NX-01 and Romulan from series 1. I also have the WL series 2 1701 refit.

JediTricks
10-16-2007, 10:07 PM
But wait...there's moreDaaang! That shot made me gasp, I didn't realize the Romando did the saucer sep! Wait, where are the impulse engines on the engineering hull? Design flaw of the original?

I hadn't realized their DS9 was so huge compared to the Furuta.

LTBasker
10-16-2007, 10:47 PM
I don't think the Sovereign was fully intended to have saucer sep except early on, so no impulse thrusters on the engineering hull. Or, it was only supposed to be used when the engineering hull is gonna go boom, ala Generations.

Darth Duranium
10-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the feedback... it was fun to shoot 'em... felt like someone at ILM... for about a second. But it was a good second.

I have 2 theories about the red/blue deflector on the Furuta Enterprise E:

Picard and Worf had just released the amber one and blown it up... like in First Contact.

Or they're releasing a Crimson Force Field, like in the TNG Pakled episode. Chuckle. "We smart"

By the way, in FC, how did they get back to the future without a Borg temporal thingy? And don't you need a deflector to create a warp field to do the Spock slingshot/naptime timewarp maneuver? I guess there's a spare deflector in the boot.

I must agree with James: most of the JL White Lightnings seem to be pretty close to the regulars...NX, Romulan, Klingon, and Galileo aside. I have all of the regular JL volumes and just now, a WL NX in the mail...couldn't resist it. Gotta say that the ISS NX-01 is my favourite NX so far...wicked.

Anyone have pix of the WL JLs vs the regular JLs? Like to see whether they're worth the expense and bother...

Blue2th, I was a novice (too) with posting pix to SSG. Took awhile. I used Photoshop to scale the pix to jpegs slightly smaller than 78k...that worked best. I think that it will resize your larger pix if they're saved as LOW quality jpegs... that's what happened with the DS9 ones...but they shrunk.

I didn't know about the Romando saucer sep until they arrived... a nice surprise. The Romandos have their charms... neat paintjobs. Gasha- pon!

I just saw the new wave (4) of JL ships on ebay... I'll wait 'til they're cheaper... just 1 guy in Idaho (!) so far.

JediTricks
10-17-2007, 03:32 AM
I don't think the Sovereign was fully intended to have saucer sep except early on, so no impulse thrusters on the engineering hull. Or, it was only supposed to be used when the engineering hull is gonna go boom, ala Generations.There's a separation line behind the main shuttlebay that was meant to be a saucer sep. Of course, the Constitution-class design also had saucer sep capabilities (in dialogue from a TOS episode, and the refit design is specific about it) yet no secondary impulse engines, so I guess they use the warp engines for sublight propulsion... somehow.

There's a secondary deflector array just ahead of the captain's yacht on the Ent-E. But as for how they got back to the future in FC, my guess would be they used the leftover Borg tech that the ship had been converted to.

BountyHunterScum
10-17-2007, 06:02 AM
There's a separation line behind the main shuttlebay that was meant to be a saucer sep. Of course, the Constitution-class design also had saucer sep capabilities (in dialogue from a TOS episode, and the refit design is specific about it) yet no secondary impulse engines, so I guess they use the warp engines for sublight propulsion... somehow.

There's a secondary deflector array just ahead of the captain's yacht on the Ent-E. But as for how they got back to the future in FC, my guess would be they used the leftover Borg tech that the ship had been converted to.

1701-E was able to recreate the temporal passageway back to the future. The Deflector was amber even after it was jettisoned. Futura screwed up. There probably is a hidden impulse engine on the stardrive somewhere. For JL it depends on the ship too, NX-01 has a silver hull and its variant a very obvious pearl white one.

Blue2th
10-17-2007, 09:46 AM
For JL it depends on the ship too, NX-01 has a silver hull and its variant a very obvious pearl white one.

That's the one that looks out of place. It just does'nt work for me. Just a novelty. Well the Klingon cruiser in pearl-white is kinda wierd, but it looks cool.

I have that Wave 2 Enterprise Refit in a JL White Lightning too. Talk about a minor variation! The little Star Trek chevron in pearl-white on the belly? You can hardly see it. The whole Wave 2 was like that. Those ones were almost impossible to spot. I'm sure alot of people have those in WL and don't even know it.

Blue2th
10-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Blue2th, I was a novice (too) with posting pix to SSG. Took awhile. I used Photoshop to scale the pix to jpegs slightly smaller than 78k...that worked best. I think that it will resize your larger pix if they're saved as LOW quality jpegs... that's what happened with the DS9 ones...but they shrunk.

Ah Photoshop, thanks, gotta get that.

Johnny Lightning.com has pics and descriptions of the new Wave 4 on their website.
Read the synopsis' of the vessels though, and they got the descriptions and history of the ships all wrong.
If they put that on the card-backs, there's gonna be some misprints. I smell delays if that happens http://collector.johnnylightning.com/products/star_trek/index.asp

BountyHunterScum
10-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Ah Photoshop, thanks, gotta get that.

Johnny Lightning.com has pics and descriptions of the new Wave 4 on their website.
Read the synopsis' of the vessels though, and they got the descriptions and history of the ships all wrong.
If they put that on the card-backs, there's gonna be some misprints. I smell delays if that happens http://collector.johnnylightning.com/products/star_trek/index.asp

The Majestic's sob story is what happen to the Reliant, phaser up the nacelle and torp hit. The coming soon section shows 1701-A with a volley of torpedoes shooting out of the launcher and the package laughingly calling it phasers. HAHAHAHAHA WAKE UP JL!!!!!!! That's not battle damage on 1701-D that's Veridan 3's atmospheric fricton/entry. 1701-A destroyed what are they f-cking high, 1701 refit bought it at Genesis not A.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/enterpriseJL.jpg

Blue2th
10-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Did you read the Defiant description?

These guys don't have a clue!

We can only hope that they were actually making the real Defiant. :rolleyes:

BountyHunterScum
10-17-2007, 11:42 AM
That's the one that looks out of place. It just does'nt work for me. Just a novelty. Well the Klingon cruiser in pearl-white is kinda wierd, but it looks cool.

I have that Wave 2 Enterprise Refit in a JL White Lightning too. Talk about a minor variation! The little Star Trek chevron in pearl-white on the belly? You can hardly see it. The whole Wave 2 was like that. Those ones were almost impossible to spot. I'm sure alot of people have those in WL and don't even know it.

Even though the ship appeared to be light blue on tv it was grey like the regular JL. I still say keep it blue for fun. That opening in the front should have a gold background because it's a deflector on the D7.

BountyHunterScum
10-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Did you read the Defiant description?

These guys don't have a clue!

We can only hope that they were actually making the real Defiant. :rolleyes:

Yep, absolutely Nx-74205. Hope in one hand crap in the other.

Darth Duranium
10-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Yep, there's enormous big frackin' red "phasers" hangin' out of some of the new JLs... I'm not impressed. I just hope there's no massive holes left in the ships... haven't seen any full-frontal shots yet. Starship porn.

From the eBay pics, they've already shipped out as-is, warts and all. Descriptions are not a worry for me 'cuz I display them loose.

I like the Majestic too... looks kewl and the detail looks great. I hope it's different enough from the JL Reliants.

The Enterprise A is a welcome addition... the Furuta one has a crap overdone paintjob... big black windows etc. Again, I hope it's different enough from the JL refit Enterprise 1701... but I suspect the difference will be slight.

Could they frack up the Defiant's description any more? Wrong one, methinks. I'll be glad to have it. Is a mis-shapen embattled Constellation next? Didn't this Defiant show up on two of the (horribly acted by Scott Spatula) Enterprise episodes? Well, at least the Romando NX Enterprise is the right scale to go with it... no ISS paintjob, though.

Voyager with landing gear?... tres lame-o. Why couldn't they do a Borg-ified or Ablative-armoured Voyager instead? Would have been way kewler and cheaper.

The yellow Enterprise D is pretty damn cheesey too... might look alright in saucer sep mode (secondary hull only) on its stand. In fact, it looks like it's been dipped in that cheesey nacho dip stuff... no double-dipping puh-leez. Salsa for the stardrive anyone?

I can live with the new Borg Cube/sphere but it's pretty lame compared to the Furuta light-up version of the cube and separate sphere. But I can't say no to the Borg... resistance is mildly futile.

Anyway, that's my take on 'em. And yes, all grumping aside, I'll be buying all of them... like the sucker I am.

Where's a JL Enterprise B, C, or E? How about a Pod One from Enterprise? Whazzup wid that? Punks.

BountyHunterScum
10-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Borgified Voyager is part of wave 5, as well as yet another conny repaint USS Constellation.

JediTricks
10-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Man, they are really screwing up the text on this, someone better be fired for all those screwups.

Blue2th
10-18-2007, 08:45 AM
The yellow Enterprise D is pretty damn cheesey too... might look alright in saucer sep mode (secondary hull only) on its stand. In fact, it looks like it's been dipped in that cheesey nacho dip stuff... no double-dipping puh-leez. Salsa for the stardrive anyone?

Forever dubbed "The Nacho Enterprise" lol
That fits with all the "Nacho" references here on SSG.

Blue2th
10-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Borgified Voyager is part of wave 5, as well as yet another conny repaint USS Constellation.

So... wher'ed you get that info James? Please elaborate. What's the rest of the wave gonna be? All repaints? I wouldn't be suprised.

BountyHunterScum
10-18-2007, 10:42 AM
So... wher'ed you get that info James? Please elaborate. What's the rest of the wave gonna be? All repaints? I wouldn't be suprised.

I'll have to find it again I saw it somewhere. Might have been JL's site it was text only. Correction its from milezone toys.

http://www.milezone.com/ProdImages/50498A.jpg

LTBasker
10-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Wonder what Shuttle with atmospheric means...

Oh, maybe when they were in orbit over the planet in Galileo Seven?

http://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=42&pos=342
http://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=42&pos=326

How many ships have they released (not including repaints from the various waves) so far?

BountyHunterScum
10-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Wonder what Shuttle with atmospheric means...

Oh, maybe when they were in orbit over the planet in Galileo Seven?

http://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=42&pos=342
http://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=42&pos=326

How many ships have they released (not including repaints from the various waves) so far?

The remaster of Galileo Seven rules. 11. 1701, 1701-Reft, Reliant, Galileo, D7, Romulan BOP, NX01, 1701-D, Future 1701-D, Voyager and Borg Cube. the new borg is a retool of the previous one obviously.

JediTricks
10-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah, remastered Galileo Seven was among their best works with the new effects.

Darth Duranium
10-19-2007, 12:36 AM
Great hi-rez pics available here:

http://trekmovie.com/2007/09/12/images-from-galileo-seven-remastered/

Could be another shuttle but another JL repaint seems inevitable.

That's weird... guessed the Constellation and Borged-out Voyager. Thanks for the info James... didn't know that.

Lots of ships to do still... list is endless

Blue2th
10-19-2007, 01:34 AM
Wow! what cool space scenes!

I keep missing it but I finally caught one episode of the remastered TOS last Saturday. It was "What little girls are made of" There wasn't a whole lot of extra scenes that I could tell (of course I kept getting up cause I had something on the stove)
I do remember the colors being very vibrant, and everything sharper. I think the background snow scene when they beamed down was new, but I could be wrong.

I hope JL finally runs out of re-paints and gives us new sculpts one of these days. :rolleyes: Though the Borgified Voyager might look cool, if they just don't paint it black.
We are talking about the armour-plated Voyager of the last episode aren't we?

BountyHunterScum
10-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Wow! what cool space scenes!

I keep missing it but I finally caught one episode of the remastered TOS last Saturday. It was "What little girls are made of" There wasn't a whole lot of extra scenes that I could tell (of course I kept getting up cause I had something on the stove)
I do remember the colors being very vibrant, and everything sharper. I think the background snow scene when they beamed down was new, but I could be wrong.

I hope JL finally runs out of re-paints and gives us new sculpts one of these days. :rolleyes: Though the Borgified Voyager might look cool, if they just don't paint it black.
We are talking about the armour-plated Voyager of the last episode aren't we?

Borgified Voyager wasn't actually black I think the crew and their borg allies placed black with green places all over the hull that were weapons emplacements from the episode Scorpion II. I'm not 100% sure since memory alpha conveniently leaves out how the modifications got there. IDIOTS!!!!!! They are not thorough at all.

Blue2th
10-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Oh, so it wasn't the one Janeway went back in time with and rescued the original Voyager. (guess we'll be seeing that repaint too sometime)

I must have missed that one with the Borgified Voyager. Which I find weird cause I thought I'd seen every episode.

BountyHunterScum
10-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Oh, so it wasn't the one Janeway went back in time with and rescued the original Voyager. (guess we'll be seeing that repaint too sometime)

I must have missed that one with the Borgified Voyager. Which I find weird cause I thought I'd seen every episode.

It's the episode where T&A wishful ratings grabbing Seven of Nine comes into the proverbial game.

Jayspawn
10-19-2007, 01:09 PM
One figure I still really want is an Original Series Security Guard aka "Red Shirt". If he came with like 3 interchagable heads, communicator, tribbles (why not), and phaser. You could purchase several and have a nice detail.

Darth Duranium
10-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Yep, the badass borgified Voyager was first seen in Scorpion...

http://www.memory-alpha.org/nl/wiki/Afbeelding:Voyager_Borgified.jpg

The ablative armoured Voyager was seen in Endgame (last episode of the series) ... would suit the White Lightning paint maybe.

http://www.ditl.org/index.php?daybody=/picscitech.php?1.1

There's the Bad MF Warship Voyager from Living Witness :

http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:Warship_Voyager_the_voyager_encounter_Living _Witness.jpg

Could also do a melted blobby Silver Blood Voyager from Course:Oblivion (title's a Space:1999 tribute supposedly).

http://www.strekonline.com/voy/images/s5/courseoblivion-00042.jpg

Scotty wouldn't approve. They're having issues with the same nacelle on the Krenim Toasted Voyager from Year of Hell:

http://www.startrekdb.se/multimedia/bilder/bilder.php?album=57&visapos=56

The other warp nacelle gets it on the Dale Earnhardt Voyager from Timeless... maybe it could be embedded in a block of clear acrylic and fried chicken.

http://www.strekonline.com/voy/images/s5/timeless-0000058.jpg

http://www.strekonline.com/voy/images/s5/timeless-0000003.jpg

Could even stick a badly-scaled 8472 on the hull and get another repaint outta that.

http://sevenofnine.cherrytaco.com/Star_Trek_Images/Voyager_Images/8472%20on%20Voyager%20Hull.jpg

How 'bout a Kazon Torpedoed Voyager or a Blow The Borg Out Of The Airlock Voyager... they've really fracked up that ship in 7 years.

They should have done an Enterprise D with bonus "Junior" attached from Galaxy's Child... can't think of any other physical modifications to the D (except the future third testicle one). But there are other Galaxy-class ships to do... maybe the Yamato or the Victory.

http://www.dippold.org/startrek/serien/tng/pics/4_16_14.jpg

I guess they could do a Cage version of the 1701 TOS but I don't think we've ever seen any other Constitution class ships up close except the Defiant and Constellation... excepting the remastered versions, I guess. I could be wrong...

The 1701 B and C have had no mods... and the NX has been well covered. Just got my JL WL NX-01 and I like it.

Is there more than one DS9 Defiant? Can't remember... seem to think that one was toasted...

Well, it seems that Nacho Dip versions are all we can expect.

I dare, no DEFY them to do an Enterprise J.

http://www.neutralzone.de/database/Federation/Other/USS_Enterprise_NCC-1701-J01.jpg

LTBasker
10-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Actually there were 4 others, all in one episode. In "The Ultimate Computer," we see the U.S.S. Hood, U.S.S. Lexington, U.S.S. Potemkin and U.S.S. Excalibur.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:Constitutions_formation.jpg

Darth Duranium
10-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah but you never see a closeup, do you? Call me crazy, but isn't it just the Enterprise optically quadrupled?

Blue2th
10-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Damn, I smell repaints galore. It could be a good thing JL does'nt know much about Star Trek history. Then again, anything in this scale is better than nothing.
Like JT said a while back some company needs to use the molds from Furuta, so we can get different ships in repaints.
Who knows? we might get some new designs by the time the movie comes out. I hope so.

BountyHunterScum
10-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah but you never see a closeup, do you? Call me crazy, but isn't it just the Enterprise optically quadrupled?

Duh it's 1701 multiplied.

LTBasker
10-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Would it matter to JL? They "appeared," granted they weren't shown as close-ups, but at the very least the Excalibur was destroyed (and mentioned by name) in the incident. So, if they make it they could decide to make the other three, afterall it only requires them to change the registry. It's like insta-profit. :p

BountyHunterScum
10-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Would it matter to JL? They "appeared," granted they weren't shown as close-ups, but at the very least the Excalibur was destroyed (and mentioned by name) in the incident. So, if they make it they could decide to make the other three, afterall it only requires them to change the registry. It's like insta-profit. :p

Exactly, just like Hasbro's repaint'o'rama.

Darth Duranium
10-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Well, of course duh on the quad fleet shot... guess I wasn't sarcastic enough... call me crazy. Do the lights all blink in unison?

I guess that I was making the point that the ship usually has to actually appear in an episode or film before they make a replica in this scale...

There were supposed to be 12 Constitution-class ships in TOS starfleet, I think. I'd be happy with them all... how about a JL boxset?

Considering JL was ready to kill the line recently, I'll take anything in this scale from them...

That's certainly not true of Hasbro tho... a black "stealth" at-at's out soon. Again, I'll get 'em all...

But still, frack all the repaints.

JediTricks
10-20-2007, 03:10 AM
There's profit in JL's line? I suspect they're losing money hand over fist the way it's been managed into the ground.

LTBasker
10-20-2007, 12:36 PM
No clue actually, I just assumed they must have been making a profit from not having to create (m)any new molds. Why else would they even want to put another wave out?

Darth Duranium
10-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Apparently, but I can't remember where I read it, JL's last wave of ships sold much better than the others so they decided to carry on. "Much better than anticipated", I believe.

Still, only 1 seller of the new wave on eBay... $60 US for all 6. Christmas is coming so I guess they'll be out before then.

I'm just sick of the same old ships...namely, the Enterprise 1701, 1701 refit, D, Klingon BOP, and the freakin Reliant.

Found a site showing the (early unpainted) Konami Candy Toy ships:

http://www.konami.jp/th/figure/dir/

At least they're doing the Enterprise B and E.

Blue2th
10-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Jl's last wave were mostly new exiting toolings is why they sold so good. Other than the lame cloaked Romulan Warbird, and the ISS Enterprise which was a major cool re-paint.

There was a guy selling the whole set of wave 4 the other day for $25.00, but he didn't mention the shipping charge...hmm. Everyone else is at $60.00 which is way overpriced.
You can order a whole case from e-tailers with two of each, and a possible White Lightning for that amount. (which is what I did)

Those Konami's look cool. I wonder what size they are in comparison to the JL's and Furutas (isn't that always the question?)
Wonder why they aren't painting them? I'm not much for "pewter" editions. Or is that the prototypes?

I have the Konami Sulaco which is cool.

Darth Duranium
10-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I think they're unpainted prototypes... but I'm not sure. I don't read kanji... my screen shows ??? for text, anyway. Maybe someone who reads japanese can tell us. The page is many months old but I've never seen any more about 'em.

I don't like "raw metal" or pewter versions of any ships, either ... usually pass on them or stick 'em in a box. I did like the raw metal Death Star titanium, tho.

I have the Nostromo, Narcissus, Dropship, and Sulaco from the Alien Konami set... all are really detailed and well painted. They look great with the SW and BSG titaniums... purists back off! Would love a Derelict ship or a Betty.

Anyone seen any other pics of the Konami Star Trek ships?

Darth Duranium
10-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Anyone got pics of the Corgi Romulan Warbird, Defiant, or Voyager? It looks like they're not in the catalog for next year either, apparently. Not good... thought they were out this year.

BountyHunterScum
10-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Anyone got pics of the Corgi Romulan Warbird, Defiant, or Voyager? It looks like they're not in the catalog for next year either, apparently. Not good... thought they were out this year.

Yes I do they were posted on here a month or two ago by me I can post them again give me a sec.

BountyHunterScum
10-22-2007, 12:53 PM
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/th_IntrepidVoyager.jpg (http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/IntrepidVoyager.jpg)
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/th_DDeridexWarbird.jpg (http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/DDeridexWarbird.jpg)
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/th_Defiant.jpg (http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/Defiant.jpg)

Darth Duranium
10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks James for reposting the pix... very interesting.

Voyager (and especially the Defiant) look kinda fat to me... maybe it's the angle/pic. The Hallmark and Furuta Defiants look slimmer.

What's with the yellow nacelles on the Warbird... I thought green would be more appropriate... must be a different type of quantum singularity onboard.

I'd love a Warbird in this scale... I ain't got one. Strange that the Strike Force collection of ships never had a Romulan but they went for Ferengi and Cardassian ships instead. Whaddafu...

James, were you able to confirm if they're actually making these ships?

BountyHunterScum
10-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks James for reposting the pix... very interesting.

Voyager (and especially the Defiant) look kinda fat to me... maybe it's the angle/pic. The Hallmark and Furuta Defiants look slimmer.

What's with the yellow nacelles on the Warbird... I thought green would be more appropriate... must be a different type of quantum singularity onboard.

I'd love a Warbird in this scale... I ain't got one. Strange that the Strike Force collection of ships never had a Romulan but they went for Ferengi and Cardassian ships instead. Whaddafu...

James, were you able to confirm if they're actually making these ships?

I don't know if they are yet. I still have my Innerspace Warbird and the electronic Warbird around here somewhere. I hope they make it, the Warbird's nacelles would be dobable in green just make the hull of the ship the forest green that it is an make the engine grills a brighter obvious green. It's almost Bullitt highland green.

JediTricks
10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
No clue actually, I just assumed they must have been making a profit from not having to create (m)any new molds. Why else would they even want to put another wave out?I think they keep putting out repaints to pay off the molds they already have. And the greed. :p

Apparently, but I can't remember where I read it, JL's last wave of ships sold much better than the others so they decided to carry on. "Much better than anticipated", I believe.What's that? Fans want new molds and stuff that's not all from TOS? Who'da thunkit? :p Man JL is stupid.

I'm just sick of the same old ships...namely, the Enterprise 1701, 1701 refit, D, Klingon BOP, and the freakin Reliant.

Found a site showing the (early unpainted) Konami Candy Toy ships:

http://www.konami.jp/th/figure/dir/Dang Konami rules with sculpting, those look more like shooting models than anything else. I hope their paint lives up to that. I too am tired of most of those, but I do love the 1701 refit and only AA has ever gotten that right so I'll keep buyin' 'em. The BOP has only ever been done TOTALLY right by Galoob with the swing-wing micro machine, the Corgi sculpt is good but no movable wings, so I'll keep watching for those.

I'd love a Warbird in this scale... I ain't got one. Strange that the Strike Force collection of ships never had a Romulan but they went for Ferengi and Cardassian ships instead. Whaddafu...There's nowhere to put a figure, the body is hollow and the "head" is too narrow really. If they used the head, it'd have to be way out of scale with the body.

BountyHunterScum
10-23-2007, 05:41 PM
I think they keep putting out repaints to pay off the molds they already have. And the greed. :p

What's that? Fans want new molds and stuff that's not all from TOS? Who'da thunkit? :p Man JL is stupid.

Dang Konami rules with sculpting, those look more like shooting models than anything else. I hope their paint lives up to that. I too am tired of most of those, but I do love the 1701 refit and only AA has ever gotten that right so I'll keep buyin' 'em. The BOP has only ever been done TOTALLY right by Galoob with the swing-wing micro machine, the Corgi sculpt is good but no movable wings, so I'll keep watching for those.

There's nowhere to put a figure, the body is hollow and the "head" is too narrow really. If they used the head, it'd have to be way out of scale with the body.

The innerspace Warbird had a two figure cockpit in the middle of the body.

JediTricks
10-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah, but Innerspace took more liberties with ship designs and accuracy than Strike Force.

Darth Duranium
10-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Now that I think about it, the Hallmark Romulan Warbird is fairly good for JL scale... the colour's a bit glossy though. A pain in the arse to display on a stand but quite possible cuz I did it.

I've got the Hallmark and Innerspace warbirds but not the Furuta one...too damn pricey. Most of my Innerpace have been demoted to boxes now that the JLs and Furutas came out. Innerspace took way too many liberties, I think.

I can't find any more info about the Konami ships or whether Furuta or Romando are doing more either.

Just a reminder of what we had to settle for until recently:

http://www.startrekcollectibles.co.uk/acatalog/STAR_TREK_MODELS_50.html

There's a few specials here: Marvel at the Smithsonian Enterprise A and 2 Dinky Klingon Battlecruisers. Bask in the glow of the frighteningly accurate Corgi Jr. Enterprise refit... just don't lose an eye to the nacelles...safety first.

And the Corgi D7s don't look much like Birds of Prey to me.

Yeah, the sculpting on the Konami's looks amazing but I don't know about paint... for some reason I think they are/were going to be painted up ...it's all a bit foggy because the announcement was about a fracking year ago or more.

Did anyone pick up the Hallmark Future Enterprise D this year? It's just slightly larger than the JL (the primary hull's about an inch wider oval but the stardrive is almost the same width) with nice paint and it lights up... but it didn't come with a stand... they cheaped out this year.

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product%7C10001%7C10051%7C761990?bae=2&mc=BAE_P_CAD_gifts

Still, highly recommended.

JediTricks
10-24-2007, 04:22 AM
Just a reminder of what we had to settle for until recently:

http://www.startrekcollectibles.co.uk/acatalog/STAR_TREK_MODELS_50.html

There's a few specials here: Marvel at the Smithsonian Enterprise A and 2 Dinky Klingon Battlecruisers. Bask in the glow of the frighteningly accurate Corgi Jr. Enterprise refit... just don't lose an eye to the nacelles...safety first.That Smithsonian Ent-A is the old Corgi mold (I don't think that Corgi Jr on the page is the same mold, but it could be the reflection on the bubble and the ridiculous registry number throwing me). I had that model 3pack of TOS ships, it was pretty good. Oh, and we can't knock the Micro Machines line, that was soooooo much better than anything we've gotten since in terms of breadth.

And the Corgi D7s don't look much like Birds of Prey to me.Heh heh, but they have giant "K" stickers on them! :D

Yeah, the sculpting on the Konami's looks amazing but I don't know about paint... for some reason I think they are/were going to be painted up ...it's all a bit foggy because the announcement was about a fracking year ago or more.I would remember if they weren't going to be painted.

LTBasker
10-24-2007, 05:56 PM
DST announced a TWOK 2-pack;

As observant Star Trek fans should already be aware, a special edition action figure two-pack will be released early next year featuring two of the biggest names in Trek history. The “Death of Spock” two-pack will feature a radiation-exposed Spock and a distressed James T. Kirk! Taken from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, this special edition two-pack features all-new paint applications and movie-style accessories.

A preview picture is here: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=12036

I hope the Kirk isn't too "distressed" as I was wanting a Kirk with the open fold on the tunic, but the double cross Kirk has the blood stain. He didn't have the blood stain anymore at this point in the movie so it definitely shouldn't have that.

For some reason I prefer the opened fold look and hope they release Sulu and Uhura like that as well, I'm pretty sure they're the only ones beside Kirk to wear the uniform like that.

Also, this was posted today by Rick at NewForce on the Art Asylum board regarding the TWOK Enterprises-

they are in route to us now....hope to start shipping tomorrow or friday, but, we are going to try to manually combine reg orders and BD ordes, so that is a HUGE undertaking, but will save our customers $7 in shipping costs...so, bear with me for a few days to organize
rick

JediTricks
10-24-2007, 09:15 PM
I hate when they use the regular sculpt as the basis for something like Spock, who certainly shouldn't have chipper eyes and a slight smile. Still, it's cool they're doing this at all. And I totally agree, Kirk needs that shirt open, it helps him stand out and look more "action"y.

BountyHunterScum
10-24-2007, 10:18 PM
I still need to get series 1 WOK figures. I will get this death of spock pack.

Darth Duranium
10-25-2007, 03:37 AM
Just found an older site listing "the future waves" of Johnny Lightning Star Trek ships... it messed up the composition of the waves but mentions

Copernicus Shuttlecraft with atmospheric reentry damage

Could be this one from (the astounding awful) ST:5

http://members.aol.com/WMccullars/GemKirk73.html

and

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:Copernicus_shuttlecraft%2C_2287.jpg

or this one from the animated series (unlikely):

http://www.danhausertrek.com/AnimatedSeries/Copernicus.html

or this one from the 1701-D:

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:Copernicus_2364.jpg

and

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:Type7Shuttlecraft.jpg

I guess you could (unsuccessfully) argue that the original 1701 had an unseen regular Class-F shuttlecraft Copernicus too... do you think JL would just repaint the existing Galileo... it seems unimaginable (but extremely likely).

I wouldn't mind any of them except the repainted Galileo.

It seems the mystery is over, though...

BountyHunterScum
10-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm guessing Galileo 7 with fuel trail behind it.

JediTricks
10-25-2007, 03:33 PM
It'll be the TOS shuttle for sure, JL is nothing if not hateful. The Ent-D shuttle actually makes the most sense since that Picard has to talk that dumb kid through skipping it off the atmosphere after the kid stole it, but JL ain't gonna build an unpopular shuttlecraft toy for a scene almost nobody remembers (despite being the first time we see a shuttlecraft at all in TNG).

Darth Duranium
10-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Yeah, they'll probably do the TOS shuttle again... you'd think there's only 1 shuttle in the ST universe. Could repaint it Galileo II for a little variety, though JL said they'd be doing the (non-existent) Copernicus. Why? Who frackin' knows?

I think that the shuttlecraft from ST:5 was later redressed to be in the TNG episode where the "brat bounced it off the atmosphere". JL could conceivably get another repaint out of the ST:5 shuttle (with slight modifications) to become the TNG shuttle.

But they probably won't.

If it wasn't for Hallmark and Furuta, there would only be 1 shuttle (2 if you count JL WL) in this scale (discounting the crap Innerspace shuttle and the Captain's Yacht from the 1701-E)... Strike Force and Romando didn't make shuttles. Strike Force did make a Maquis/Federation ship, though.

Still hope that someone does a Pod One from the NX... though I've briefly seen an unpainted resin one on eBay. I must say that Enterprise was pretty awful... Scott Frickin Spatula sucks.

JediTricks
10-25-2007, 04:20 PM
I think that the shuttlecraft from ST:5 was later redressed to be in the TNG episode where the "brat bounced it off the atmosphere". JL could conceivably get another repaint out of the ST:5 shuttle (with slight modifications) to become the TNG shuttle.The links you provided for the TNG type-7 shuttle are from that episode and scene I mentioned (it's in season 1), ST5 didn't come out until 2 years later and that shuttle would be converted into the TNG type-6 later.

If it wasn't for Hallmark and Furuta, there would only be 1 shuttle (2 if you count JL WL) in this scale (discounting the crap Innerspace shuttle and the Captain's Yacht from the 1701-E)... Strike Force and Romando didn't make shuttles. Strike Force did make a Maquis/Federation ship, though.I really wish Galoob had done more than the Type-6, the TOS, the Runabout, the Space Dock shuttle, and the Voyager shuttle. It sounds like they did a lot, but there are easily that many more still left to be done, not even including the sphinx pod and workbee.

Still hope that someone does a Pod One from the NX... though I've briefly seen an unpainted resin one on eBay. I must say that Enterprise was pretty awful... Scott Frickin Spatula sucks.That is literally the last shuttle on my wishlist though. I used to like Scott Bakula on Quantum Leap, but he totally sucked on Enterprise, bad casting.

LTBasker
10-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I think that the shuttlecraft from ST:5 was later redressed to be in the TNG episode where the "brat bounced it off the atmosphere". JL could conceivably get another repaint out of the ST:5 shuttle (with slight modifications) to become the TNG shuttle.

Actually, it was designed from scratch by Andrew Probert.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/type7-shuttle.htm

A mini version of the shuttle does exist toy form, Galoob made the type 7 and the Ferengi Marauder (but put a crappy canopy on it that looks like some poor attempt at a fighter) for their 3 3/4" Trek line. I don't think it's Action Fleet scale, but it's probably pretty small. I've been wanting to get my hands on one... I'd love if it were made by JL or some other company, I think it's one of the best shuttle designs for Trek.

BountyHunterScum
10-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Actually, it was designed from scratch by Andrew Probert.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/type7-shuttle.htm

A mini version of the shuttle does exist toy form, Galoob made the type 7 and the Ferengi Marauder (but put a crappy canopy on it that looks like some poor attempt at a fighter) for their 3 3/4" Trek line. I don't think it's Action Fleet scale, but it's probably pretty small. I've been wanting to get my hands on one... I'd love if it were made by JL or some other company, I think it's one of the best shuttle designs for Trek.

I do have that mini shuttle, somewhere. It's based on the shuttlecraft goddard type 6.

LTBasker
10-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Type 6? The one from this line is definitely Type 7: http://www.newforcecomics.com/trekref/galoob.htm

Playmates was the one that made the Goddard type 6, which was pretty awesome. I really need to buy another.

BountyHunterScum
10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Type 6? The one from this line is definitely Type 7: http://www.newforcecomics.com/trekref/galoob.htm

Playmates was the one that made the Goddard type 6, which was pretty awesome. I really need to buy another.

Not the galoob one they made the Goddard type 6 in large scale and smaller scale. A toys r us 20 miles from here got 1701-D before my two local ones so at the time I asked my dad to drive me down the colonial heights at the very southern end of my county to pick that ship up.

Darth Duranium
10-25-2007, 11:39 PM
This site might help to settle the debate:

http://www.startrek-collection.nl/index.php?page=SH

http://www.startrek-collection.nl/index.php?page=AFPLMic

The Furuta Borg Cube/Sphere combo isn't listed... it's the "secret" chase ship from Vol. 3. Many others are missing but it's still pretty good.

There are a few rare ones in there: the Enesco/Hamilton Enterprises, the Applause (Ertl?) Enterprise D, and the cool Revell Mini-models of the Voyager, Kazon, and Maquis ...gotta get those someday. It's the only small Maquis ship out there... excepting MM.

Anybody ever built the mini-Revells? They look hilariously small next to their boxes in the pics.

There's a closeup of the uncannily accurate Corgi Jr. Enterprise with its amazingly well-scaled warp nacelles. The "K"-stickered Corgi Klingon "Bird of Prey" is there, too. The K is for Planet "Kling" (in ye olde "Klingonee", methinks). Oh, and leave the Captain's Log/toilet paper jokes alone.

One of the Innerspace ships is one of the Goddard shuttles that James mentioned... I've got that one. The "Ferengi Fighter" is quite lame, I agree. There's a larger Galoob Goddard and a Playmates Galileo shuttle in there, as well.

I might have to pick up the Innerspace Galileo shuttle... it's not too badly distorted (unlike most of the other guppified Innerspace ships... the loose Defiant looks like a chubby golf shoe).

All of the other shuttles are way too big, even for Action Fleet/Strike Force scale (which I collect). I guess the Galoob Galileo would be closest but it's still gigantic for the scales I collect.

Must laugh at the Star Trek Innerspace Apollo LEM in there... must have been the episode where the Enterprise visits Moonbase Alpha and Spock bangs Maya on a Monolith.

I don't collect the larger ships so I'm not even going to touch the which Galoob shuttlecraft type is which debate, fellas. But I will agree with LTBasker... the Type 7 is a nice design altogether and worthy of a replica.

I've seen small resin workbees and travel pods on eBay but they don't seem worth the time and effort to me. Considering the enormous amount of dead time spent tooling around the Enterprise in ST:TMP, you'd have thunk they'd have made one in larger scales than MM. Ilia would shudder...

And yes, JediTricks is right when he says the ST:5 Copernicus shuttle was redressed as a Type 6 in TNG, not the "bouncing" Type 7. My mistake... wrong shuttle redress, right name. Good thing I said "I think..."... or people would have been all over me... lol

BountyHunterScum
10-26-2007, 10:17 AM
The K stickered ship is a Klingon K'Tinga class battlecruiser not a freaking bird of prey!

JediTricks
10-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Playmates was the one that made the Goddard type 6, which was pretty awesome. I really need to buy another.Man is that thing cool, I have it somewhere, they did an amazing job. Great sounds and lights, authentic design and interior (scaled down though, there's only 1 pilot seat and only 1 aft cabin with benches (some eps seem to have 2 sections, 1 with benches and 1 with either benches or containers).

the cool Revell Mini-models of the Voyager, Kazon, and Maquis ...gotta get those someday. It's the only small Maquis ship out there... excepting MM.Playmates Strike Force line had a Maquis Fighter, it had flappy wings but was otherwise fairly accurate.

Anybody ever built the mini-Revells? They look hilariously small next to their boxes in the pics.NO KIDDING! They look ridiculous next to the box, that must have been the most underwhelming build of all time!

There's a closeup of the uncannily accurate Corgi Jr. Enterprise with its amazingly well-scaled warp nacelles.I'm more interested in what they did to the secondary hull, it looks like they cut it in half down the spine. The giant "NCC-1701" sticker is no great shakes either.

I've seen small resin workbees and travel pods on eBay but they don't seem worth the time and effort to me. Considering the enormous amount of dead time spent tooling around the Enterprise in ST:TMP, you'd have thunk they'd have made one in larger scales than MM. Ilia would shudder...Enterprise was the show nobody wanted a piece of.

And yes, JediTricks is right when he says the ST:5 Copernicus shuttle was redressed as a Type 6 in TNG, not the "bouncing" Type 7. My mistake... wrong shuttle redress, right name. Good thing I said "I think..."... or people would have been all over me... lolNicely done. ;)

The K stickered ship is a Klingon K'Tinga class battlecruiser not a freaking bird of prey!Yes, that's the big mistake they made. :p

BountyHunterScum
10-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Corgi didn't, people keep calling it a bird of prey. A BOP is totally different than the K'Tinga.

Darth Duranium
10-27-2007, 04:33 AM
James, I'd figure that anyone posting to this forum would know the difference between a battlecruiser and a BOP... obviously, a lot of websites don't.

JediTricks, I've got all of the Strike Force ships but they're underwhelming, overall... not very accurate but better than Innerspace.

Saw an episode of Enterprise recently that featured the NX Alpha, Beta, and Delta

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/nx-prototype-screen2.jpg

Looks like a later version of the Phoenix... would be cool to have one.

Here's another ship we'll never see... the Enterprise XCV-330.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/ss_enterprise-screen.jpg

It'd be cool to have one of those (and the Enterprise J) to round out the Enterprise collection.

Saw a Revell Mini-Voyager on eBay...going for a ridiculous $50 and bidding was still on...

LTBasker
10-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Just so ya know, linking to images on Ex-Astris like that doesn't work, Bernd (the owner) blocks it.

I can't believe the Revell mini-Voyager is going for so much now, it used to go for dirt cheap.

LTBasker
10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Pretty weird today, I was looking for the JL Trek ships at TRU but to no avail, but we went to a newer Wal-Mart after that and they had two of each of wave 4! :eek: They were $4.77 each according to the peg. I say according to the peg because when we got to the register we had trouble, they wouldn't show up in the system. We had to give the guy the price to input, but this isn't the first this has happened with JL.

A month or two back when the JL Speed Racers came out, my stepdad wanted to get the Mach 5 which we found at the local Wal-Mart, but none of them would register when checking out. The woman told us the item had been recalled and she had to pull it from the shelf, of course a couple weeks later we come back and every single one is still there. So, we try again but we remember the price just in case, and the woman (different woman) just put in the price. After that, the rest gradually disappeared.

Anyhoo, I got 2 of Voyager and 2 of the Cube, I was disappointed to see that Voyager already has the landing attached. Does anyone know if they're removeable? If they're not it's not a big deal, I'll just display it landed and get the wave 3 Voyager later, but it'd be nice if they were removeable.

If I hadn't gotten so much already I would've gotten the Ent-A, Majestic and Defiant as well. Originally I didn't want the Majestic or Defiant, but they look very awesome. Especially the Majestic, the hull plate detail is AMAZING. The only thing that kind of ruins it is the flame burst on the top of the hull, but I'm hoping that can be removed.

On the Enterprise-A, the sticker that should be describing the photon torpedo effect calls it a phaser... Unless it's an error and it got Defiant's sticker.

The Enterprise-D is very tempting at first, but due to the horrid orange paint around the saucer it's a quick turn-off. They all look beautiful in the heat sealed JL packaging though.

BountyHunterScum
10-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Pretty weird today, I was looking for the JL Trek ships at TRU but to no avail, but we went to a newer Wal-Mart after that and they had two of each of wave 4! :eek: They were $4.77 each according to the peg. I say according to the peg because when we got to the register we had trouble, they wouldn't show up in the system. We had to give the guy the price to input, but this isn't the first this has happened with JL.

A month or two back when the JL Speed Racers came out, my stepdad wanted to get the Mach 5 which we found at the local Wal-Mart, but none of them would register when checking out. The woman told us the item had been recalled and she had to pull it from the shelf, of course a couple weeks later we come back and every single one is still there. So, we try again but we remember the price just in case, and the woman (different woman) just put in the price. After that, the rest gradually disappeared.

Anyhoo, I got 2 of Voyager and 2 of the Cube, I was disappointed to see that Voyager already has the landing attached. Does anyone know if they're removeable? If they're not it's not a big deal, I'll just display it landed and get the wave 3 Voyager later, but it'd be nice if they were removeable.

If I hadn't gotten so much already I would've gotten the Ent-A, Majestic and Defiant as well. Originally I didn't want the Majestic or Defiant, but they look very awesome. Especially the Majestic, the hull plate detail is AMAZING. The only thing that kind of ruins it is the flame burst on the top of the hull, but I'm hoping that can be removed.

On the Enterprise-A, the sticker that should be describing the photon torpedo effect calls it a phaser... Unless it's an error and it got Defiant's sticker.

The Enterprise-D is very tempting at first, but due to the horrid orange paint around the saucer it's a quick turn-off. They all look beautiful in the heat sealed JL packaging though.

I want those wave 4 ships, I'll have to check my local walmart in that case.

JediTricks
10-30-2007, 08:16 PM
NFC charged my card today for the WOK Enterprise, only 4.5 months after I preordered it. :p It's gonna take over a week to get here though, darn UPS slow-as-hell.

Blue2th
10-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Mine is on the way as well:)

BountyHunterScum
10-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Mine is on the way as well:)

My WOK 1701's are on their way, should be here day after tomorrow.

Blue2th
10-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Didn't know they were sending both WOK's. I ordered both of them too. Gonna have to check my CC statement to make sure. :thumbsup:

Darth Duranium
10-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Just picked up all 6 wave 4 Johnny Lightning Star Trek ships on eBay for $30 + $6 shipping... not too bad, methinks. I hope there's a White Lightning in there, but I'm really not holding my breath...

For those of you looking for the Furuta Volume 2 11-ship set, there seems to be a glut of cheap ones on eBay right now.

Saw the whole set (inc Enterprise E) go for $6.50 + $20 shipping from HK yesterday. Damn... took a lot of self-restraint not to bid and resell it later... just can't abide scalpers, though. It just ain't right and I'm not about to start.

I just hope it went to a collector, though. Anyway, they're out there and cheap on eBay so good luck.

LTBasker
10-31-2007, 05:00 PM
Didn't think they would have any white lightning editions for this wave, but apparently they do. The variants are done in a metallic gray color.

http://cgi.ebay.com/07-WHITE-LIGHTNING-Star-Trek-5-USS-Enterprise-NCC-1701_W0QQitemZ260174903507QQihZ016QQcategoryZ19045 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Darth Duranium
10-31-2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah, there's also a clear "cloaked" Enterprise D WL out there, too ... saw it selling for over $50 on eBay just now.

Clearly, people are utterly insane.

BountyHunterScum
10-31-2007, 06:05 PM
Didn't think they would have any white lightning editions for this wave, but apparently they do. The variants are done in a metallic gray color.

The white one is most likely the variant not the gray one. Hince the name white lightning, something is white on it. The cloaked 1701-D is from wave 3 thats the all good things triple engined federation dreadnought style galaxy class.

LTBasker
10-31-2007, 06:35 PM
I dunno, cause theres this silver Defiant:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Johnny-WHITE-LIGHTNING-Star-Trek-U-S-S-DEFIANT-NCC-1764_W0QQitemZ160174891650QQihZ006QQcategoryZ19045 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Though according to this one, the Majestic was changed to white-

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHNNY-LIGHTNING-WHITE-LIGHTNING-STAR-TREK-SERIES-4_W0QQitemZ330183158572QQihZ014QQcategoryZ19045QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Darth Duranium
10-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Never seen the cloaked dreadnought before... not worth paying $50+ for, though.

Must be somewhat rare, all the same.

Yeah, this time the regular ships are white and the variants are different colours, apparently...

I'd guess there's more lead in the white paint...

Blue2th
10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
I saw that cloaked E on eBay, but I don't like the cloaked versions even if they are White Lightnings. That Enterprise is from wave 3 of course.

The silver ships are the White Lightnings (JL gets wierd with their WL car colors also, though I only like the actual white with white interior ones)...anyways so I think it will be excellent to have white ships for everyone. Yippeee!
I'm not a big fan of ships that don't look like the real deal and the grey looks too much like the first Enterprise.
So if I miss the WL's no big deal.

I just got notified that my sealed case of JL Star Trek wave four did ship from Diecast-Direct.
There might be a WL in there, but I primarily ordered a case so I could have one to open and one carded each, and I paid what some earlier were paying for just 6 instead of twelve.

BountyHunterScum
10-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Technically the WL's are supposed to be white but this time those idiots are
fooling with the establishment again. I might get them.

BountyHunterScum
10-31-2007, 08:18 PM
I saw that cloaked E on eBay, but I don't like the cloaked versions even if they are White Lightnings. That Enterprise is from wave 3 of course.

The silver ships are the White Lightnings (JL gets wierd with their WL car colors also, though I only like the actual white with white interior ones)...anyways so I think it will be excellent to have white ships for everyone. Yippeee!
I'm not a big fan of ships that don't look like the real deal and the grey looks too much like the first Enterprise.
So if I miss the WL's no big deal.

I just got notified that my sealed case of JL Star Trek wave four did ship from Diecast-Direct.
There might be a WL in there, but I primarily ordered a case so I could have one to open and one carded each, and I paid what some earlier were paying for just 6 instead of twelve.

The Ysalamir is a lizard like creature not a worm.

Darth Duranium
10-31-2007, 08:21 PM
Sadly, for those of us outside the US, customs and shipping prevent deals like that.

In Canada, anything declared as over $20 US gets hit with duty... gets expensive to order from legit US e-tailers.

And for me, $30 was much cheaper than paying retail at a store... when they finally go on sale here the set will go for around $48 (+tax), I'd think.

The term is hosed... especially since our dollar's worth more than the greenback and the stuff comes from China.

I agree with the sentiment cloaked, pewter, and battle-damaged ships suck... especially the nacho dip versions.

Blue2th
11-01-2007, 04:01 AM
The Ysalamir is a lizard like creature not a worm.

Uh.. check my shoulder there to your left. That yellow guy is a worm, with no legs, although a salamander perhaps.
I'll just go with worm.:D

BountyHunterScum
11-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Uh.. check my shoulder there to your left. That yellow guy is a worm, with no legs, although a salamander perhaps.
I'll just go with worm.:D

Ok well then ignore this picture.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/7b/Ysalamiri.jpg

Blue2th
11-01-2007, 11:02 AM
I stand corrected. Damn Hasbro! (I gotta blame somebody)

"Here lizard...lizard..lizard...now I'm in a Gieco commercial. lol

BountyHunterScum
11-01-2007, 11:11 AM
I stand corrected. Damn Hasbro! (I gotta blame somebody)

"Here lizard...lizard..lizard...now I'm in a Gieco commercial. lol

Hehe this thing made a weird buzzy chirp sound in mysteries of the sith pc game on drummond kas. The guns wouldn't work but the sparks scared these creatures away. Btw 1701 WOK does have movie sounds, including.....
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!

Blue2th
11-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Cool!

I'm going to open one of them. Probably not the Battle-damaged one as it's the exclusive.
Does Kirk's voice have an echo on Khaaaaan! like the movie? It would be a nice touch.

BountyHunterScum
11-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Cool!

I'm going to open one of them. Probably not the Battle-damaged one as it's the exclusive.
Does Kirk's voice have an echo on Khaaaaan! like the movie? It would be a nice touch.

Nope just kahn twice and the weird high pitched regula dead moon sound when he yelled. I'm going to make a video for yall to see here.

BountyHunterScum
11-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Enjoy...........

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/?action=view&current=DST1701WOK.flv

LTBasker
11-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Cool, is there any way to get the deflector dish to stay lit until you turn it off like the saucer section lights on the TOS/Cage/WNMHGB Enterprises?

BountyHunterScum
11-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Cool, is there any way to get the deflector dish to stay lit until you turn it off like the saucer section lights on the TOS/Cage/WNMHGB Enterprises?

Nope, no lights on function. I didn't think this was going to have that feature. In fact DST did exactly what I secretly predicted they would do, use movies sounds but have no lights on feature. They would have had to install blinking nav lights for that feature and we all know how cheap toy companies are. Not complaining though I just knew 1701 TOS' special feature was it's own.

JediTricks
11-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Wow, lots of Khan lines, seems kinda weird to have them at all since it's over comms. And why the handheld phaser sound? That seems kinda out there. Still, yay that it exists at all.

BountyHunterScum
11-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Cool!

Actually yeah it does have the echo sorry about that I went back an listened there is definitely the echo effect.

Blue2th
11-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah the echo effect...that's my favorite one. Just got both my WOK's.
I opened the regular Refit today. I think I counted 16 sounds.
Cool ship for the money.
One thing though. What's up with the cheesy stand? It won't fit the hole on the replacement battery hatch. Looks like you have to force it, which I don't want to do for fear of breakage. What's the solution here? Looks like I might be putting the original hatch back on and hanging it with 2lb fishline from a hook in the ceiling. I don't know what else to do.
Is this the quality-delay issue that the Refit had? If so, they definitely didn't solve it. :(

Tycho
11-03-2007, 01:06 PM
I was notified that they are shipping my figures:

Khan
Kirk
Bloodied Kirk
Terrel

I should get them either today or next week.

Blue2th
11-03-2007, 01:24 PM
I was notified that they are shipping my figures:

Khan
Kirk
Bloodied Kirk
Terrel

I should get them either today or next week.

Have the little brochure of those figs included with the ship. Looks like there is quite a few exclusives in there.
Double-cross Kirk (bloodied) - Prieviews Exclusive
McCoy - New Force
Sulu - Diamond
Scotty - AFX (though he's not in the cool engineer suit)
Checkov - Toyrocket

Khan, Spock, and Captain Terrel look like they are the only ones that aren't exclusives so far.

I see on the back of the box as well, labeled as "collect them all"
Uhura
Regula one Kirk
Saavik
Genesis Khan (that one's gotta look pretty knarly)

That's alot if figures
I might just buy these figures, as Wrath of Khan is my favorite ST movie, with my favorite Starfleet uniforms.

BountyHunterScum
11-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Genesis Khan is the injured Khan in the SDCC figure set. I have that set from NFC. Both of my WOK 1701's that came in are the regular one, are you saying you got the Battle Damaged one too? I preordered the wave 1 restock at NFC, I'm making an exception with the WOK figures I don't generally do the figures.

BountyHunterScum
11-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Yeah the echo effect...that's my favorite one. Just got both my WOK's.
I opened the regular Refit today. I think I counted 16 sounds.
Cool ship for the money.
One thing though. What's up with the cheesy stand? It won't fit the hole on the replacement battery hatch. Looks like you have to force it, which I don't want to do for fear of breakage. What's the solution here? Looks like I might be putting the original hatch back on and hanging it with 2lb fishline from a hook in the ceiling. I don't know what else to do.
Is this the quality-delay issue that the Refit had? If so, they definitely didn't solve it. :(

It will fit, use just a tiny bit of force. Hold the upper part right below the ball it will go in with just a tiny bit of force. spin it left and right repeated;y as needed while pushing it in with a little bit of force. finesse works. My wok 1701's deflectors have different levels of transparent blue on them, the one thats still in the box albiet without batteries has a slightly heavier shade of blue in the dish.

Blue2th
11-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Got it! Thanks James.
Yes I did get the BD one, though I didn't open it. Maybe if they make a Reliant :rolleyes: I will.

BTW: Have you seen the Bandia's? The more I look at the detail, the more I want one severely. At least the Refit (or A-option)

Can get one for the cost of three of these, though already money spent.

I generally don't do the AA figures either, but I think along the same lines with the WOK's

My 12" KB's WOK Kirk and Spock are my prize possesions, even though they're not worth a whole lot now - I don't care.
I once thought of buying more for just those cool uniforms, and dressing up all the other TOS 12" figures in them, though there are slight differences in the uniforms (collar colors etc.)

BountyHunterScum
11-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Got it! Thanks James.
Yes I did get the BD one, though I didn't open it. Maybe if they make a Reliant :rolleyes: I will.

BTW: Have you seen the Bandia's? The more I look at the detail, the more I want one severely. At least the Refit (or A-option)

Can get one for the cost of three of these, though already money spent.

I generally don't do the AA figures either, but I think along the same lines with the WOK's

My 12" KB's WOK Kirk and Spock are my prize possesions, even though they're not worth a whole lot now - I don't care.
I once thought of buying more for just those cool uniforms, and dressing up all the other TOS 12" figures in them, though there are slight differences in the uniforms (collar colors etc.)

Damn that means my BD 1701's are not far off. I have the Bandai 1701 refit but haven't put it together. I think it comes with bulbs I'd rather have LED's. I know Bandai also screwed up they have an yellow-white color on the deflector because that's it's warm up phase color in TMP. If I get the chance I'll get Bandai 1701-E and put LED's in it, not super bright but realistic brightness because nobody goes through space that lit up unless they want to a giant bullseye on their ship. I have pictures of these ships with super bright LED's. Way too bright for realism. I have those two 12" WOK Kirk and Spock, I need to dust them off though. I have the very first electronic star trek ship ever, the south bend 1701 refit 20" long.

Blue2th
11-03-2007, 05:25 PM
The bulbs would be fine with me.
I read (on eBay) that the Refit kit had the option to make it a 1701-A with a blue deflector dish, and I thought that I saw one aready put together up for bid with said deflector.
That might be a later release, but I would certainly rather have it that way.

BTW: the Bandai Voyager has gone up to an astronomical price. Too rich for my blood. Last time I checked (yesterday) one was up to $260.00, and the auction still has a few days to go. The Enterprise One, Refit and E prices are not so bad.

Darth Duranium
11-03-2007, 07:18 PM
I don't collect this larger ship scale at all but was given the Bandai 1701 refit as a gift and I just had to put it together.

Many, many pieces and an embarrassingly great deal of time later it was in one piece... took a lot of mucking about to get the lights going once you're ready to put it on the stand. I would advise that it'll take a while to assemble this sucker. Cancel your pedicure...

The deflector is indeed yellow/white... not blue... but they're not ridiculously bright bulbs at all.

There was no blue deflector/Ent A option with my Bandai, though you could dip or gel the bulbs later, I guess. It's very well detailed but has seams... gotta say that I think Hallmark's 1701-A is a better example of the refit Constitution class. JL was pretty good, too.

The Bandai Enterprise E looks pretty sweet, too.

Why is the Bandai Voyager so much... limited run? Available only in Japan? Hmmmm.

The South Bend Enterprise is cool, too. I like the alternate ways you can configure it:

http://www.calormen.com/Star_Trek/SouthBend/index.htm

One more question to throw out:

Why are there hardly any licenced ships for 2001: A Space Odyssey? Besides the Airfix Pan Am Clipper and the Aurora Moonbus, I've never seen anything but unbelievably expensive garage kits. Anybody know why no licencing? I know Kubrick destroyed all of the original models so they couldn't be reused but that shouldn't have killed everything...

Anybody know if the Blade Runner Final Cut is licencing any ships or toys? I've seen a pic of the DVD briefcase set and it comes with a cool official painted Police Spinner... can't wait! I've got the Medicom "Future Car" and a diecast ERTL spinner but the paint jobs lack... a lot. Wonder if there'll be more ships from BR FC?

Tycho
11-03-2007, 08:03 PM
[quote=Blue2th]
I see on the back of the box as well, labeled as "collect them all"
Uhura
Regula one Kirk
Saavik

And SPOCK is the 4th figure in that group. (Reg. uniform)

That's alot if figures
I might just buy these figures, as Wrath of Khan is my favorite ST movie, with my favorite Starfleet uniforms.

Yeah, they're nice. I always wanted Playmates to fiinish the TOS crew like this. Now I hope AA/DST will take it to the extreme:

Regula One McCoy
Regular One Saavik
Jaquim
Terrel in EV suit
Chekov in EV suit
David Marcus
Carol Marcus
Khan in head wraps (Seti Alpha 6)

That's at least 2 more waves. Spock could be done in burial / meditation robes as well (the black). I think they are doing a Kirk / Spock 2-pack from Spock's death scene.

Oh, and Scotty in radiation suit!

There's a lot you could do.

WOK is one of my favorite Trek movies as well - but I probably like Search For Spock, Undiscovered Country, and First Contact more.

BountyHunterScum
11-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Death of Spock set this was on figures.com

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/DeathOfSpockcopy.jpg

LTBasker
11-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Yeah, they're nice. I always wanted Playmates to fiinish the TOS crew like this. Now I hope AA/DST will take it to the extreme:

Regula One McCoy
Regular One Saavik
Jaquim
Terrel in EV suit
Chekov in EV suit
David Marcus
Carol Marcus
Khan in head wraps (Seti Alpha 6)

That's at least 2 more waves. Spock could be done in burial / meditation robes as well (the black). I think they are doing a Kirk / Spock 2-pack from Spock's death scene.

Oh, and Scotty in radiation suit!

There's a lot you could do.

Theres also:
Sulu (open tunic flap: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=43&pos=56 )
Terrel (open tunic flap: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=37&pos=82)
Chekov (open tunic flap, as shown above)
Kirk (vest: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=40&pos=23 )
Saavik (Open Regula 1 jacket, as shown above)
McCoy (Medic suit: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=43&pos=34 )

And if you wanna be really anal, Kirk (turtleneck shirt only: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=40&pos=24 )

BountyHunterScum
11-03-2007, 09:26 PM
It's actually spelled Joachim. Speaking of WOK I have the old FASA sets. Enterprise and crew, Regula 1 and crew, Reliant and crew, Klingon Battlecruiser and crew.

plasticfetish
11-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Why are there hardly any licenced ships for 2001: A Space Odyssey? Besides the Airfix Pan Am Clipper and the Aurora Moonbus, I've never seen anything but unbelievably expensive garage kits. Anybody know why no licencing? I know Kubrick destroyed all of the original models so they couldn't be reused but that shouldn't have killed everything...As well, I've only ever seen one action figure from the film. They were done in the '60s by a Spanish company called Madelman (http://usuarios.lycos.es/crispor/cole/1070esp.jpg).

Have no idea why. Probably because there wasn't much demand for it at the time, and later Kubrick was against licensing.

Tycho
11-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Theres also:
Sulu (open tunic flap: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=43&pos=56 )

Chekov (open tunic flap, as shown above)

Kirk (vest: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=40&pos=23 )

The specific Terrel, Saavik, McCoy, and the final Kirk you mentioned are unnecessary, in my opinion and poor sales could hurt the line (more than it probably hurts already).

Now I actually like those I quoted you on above. However, Sulu and Chekov could be marketed as ST:6 figures, and Kirk could even be from "Generations." It'd really be a stretch to say they're all more WOK figures, though there are different choices from films 2-6 that they could do for most of the major characters that'd be a lot of fun.

I'd love for a lot of movie figures from TOS films 2-6. They can skip TMP for all I care. It did look good, but its look went out the door in favor of the red uniforms.

LTBasker
11-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Actually the only ones out of the list I'd like to see made are McCoy, Kirk (vest) and Sulu (open flap), maybe Chekov (open flap) too. I just posted them all for the sake of acknowledging them. :D

Two uniforms variants I really want to see though from other movies are:

Scotty in...as far as I can tell it's a Captain's jacket: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=49&pos=87

Kirk also wore one in ST5: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=77&pos=12

Darth Duranium
11-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Just saw a JL WL Borg Cube with Sphere. This one has no black on it.
Looks a lot like the Hallmark Borg Cube.
Check it out:

BountyHunterScum
11-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Check it out:

What stores are you finding these in?

Jayspawn
11-04-2007, 11:18 PM
My Wal-Marts are barren of anything Trek.

That Borg Cube looks pretty bland.

Tycho
11-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Wal-Mart has never heard of Star Trek since the days way back when that they sold the Borg Assimilation figures that ArtAsylum did for Playmates.

LTBasker
11-04-2007, 11:25 PM
I've only seen the ships at one Wal-Mart and it's one of the newest ones in the area, they finished building it just a few months ago. It's one of the ones that uses a great abundance of skylights to naturally light up the store during the day as opposed to electronic lighting. They usually carry more random stuff despite the toy section feeling half the size.

BountyHunterScum
11-05-2007, 05:08 AM
My BD 1701 WOK's are on the way. That's it for the year ship wise.

decadentdave
11-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Does anybody know what the sound samples are for the WOK Enterprise? Are the sound samples the same on the BD version? Will Diamond Select make a Reliant?

Blue2th
11-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Check it out:
Dude! You just found a White Lightning.
Not sure about the Borg Cube, but all the other WL ships are silver like that one.
I seem to remember the regular cube being black weathered.

Did you buy it for gosh sakes?

Mine are still in transit.

Blue2th
11-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Does anybody know what the sound samples are for the WOK Enterprise? Are the sound samples the same on the BD version? Will Diamond Select make a Reliant?
The sounds are as follows:

"Khaaaan, (reverse echo) Khaaan!'
"Fire" (two phaser blasts)
"From hells heart I stab at thee"
(Enterprise going to warp)
"I don't like to lose"
(red alert sound)
"Let them eat static"
(engine sounds?)
"Fire" (Khan- Reliant firing)
(hand held phaser blast sounds like Terrel getting self disintegrated or ear parasite blasted)
"Times up Admiral"
"Sulu lock phasers on target, and await my command"
(2 phaser sounds more thin cutting sound)
"Time is a luxury you don't have"
(small explosion)
"Kirk to Spock"
(beaming transporter)
"I don't believe in the no-win scenario"

So we get alot of Recardo Montalban speaking as well as Kirk.

That's eighteen sounds, two more than I first reported.

Not sure about the battle-damaged one if it is the same.

BTW: The paint on the WOK is a cool white reflecting pearl. much like the the pearl white on Wave one Johnny Lighning White Lightnings. It looks alot better than the earlier released Art Asylum 1701-A, which I have also.

Darth Duranium
11-05-2007, 06:39 PM
The Borg WL is an auction on eBay... only the 2nd one I've seen so far. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know the final insane price... that I won't be paying.

Blue2th
11-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I was watching a wave one WL Reliant about two weeks ago that went for like $7.00 which was a steal. (the Reliant is the hardest to find)
I already have two, so I let it go thinking it would go up to at least what I paid for my last one at $22.00.

Goes to show ya, the ones you don't bid on go cheap. :cross-eye

BountyHunterScum
11-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Wave 4 must not be here on the east coast yet. I haven't seen them anywhere.

Blue2th
11-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Just got my case of JL's today. All are as exepcted from the pics we've all seen except the 1701-A.

I pulled the TOS style Defiant out first. It's got a phaser blasting out of it's saucer section that swivels in any direction. It fell out, but goes easily back in. Kind of a cool little feature. It's blue though. I thought phasers were supposed to be red.

Next I opened the Enterprise 1701-A. I tried to take off the cheesy photon fire thingy thinking it was easily removable like the Defiant. Well it didn't just come out cause it's glued in :ninja:...so mine kinda snapped off. It's not bad though, it just looks like a third torpedo tube. I could try to glue it back on but it looks better without it anyways.
I'm telling you guys so you won't have any suprises.

It's still my favorite ship of the bunch because it's got some really cool detailing.
First of all it's alot whiter than her sister the JL Refit. The upper fuselage is
a tad bluer, as is the stripe around the main bridge.
What's really cool though is they did the aztec pattern all over the ship surface in white pearl which reacts to the light depending on which angle you look at it.
In between the pattern is the white of the ship, then a clear-coat over the top. This was really a good idea, and more ships should be released like that.
The JL Refit was already my favorite JL so far, and this makes it better. Though the stupid phaser-photon feature brings it back down to even.

The Majestic's aztec pattern is done in a pale green, which looks ok, but would look better in pearl like the A. I like the explosion effects.

The Borg Cubes poppin a cherry.

The Enterprise D is sure enough the "Nacho Enterprise" only after they were done dipping they put what actually look like cigarrette burns on her back.
Each nacelle though still has the see-through red and blue feature which is a cool thing they kept from wave 3. It also has the pearl aztec pattern on it, but the battle damage entry orange kinda cancels out the appeal.

Don't know if I like those awkward looking legs on Voyager yet.

I'l get some pics up later.

BountyHunterScum
11-06-2007, 09:16 PM
TOS ship phasers are blue. They turn reddish orange later on then almost solid gold. DS9 had gold federation phasers. This Defiant was shown to have rear weapons, I knew the Consitution class had aft phasers but I didn't or don't know if they have aft torpedoes. Can you get a picture of the weird torpedo launcher of your ship?

Darth Duranium
11-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Anybody score a white lightning in their case? They seem extremely rare... the WL Borg cube seems the rarest but the new WL Voyager's out there too, apparently. I'm waiting for my 6 pack to arrive... it's funny how stuff from HK and Japan arrives way faster than stuff from the US to Canada.

What's the "limited edition of 10000" crap about? How many were in the previous waves? Anybody know how exactly how rare the WLs are?

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 02:48 AM
My WOK 1701 arrived today, right on schedule. I have to say though that I'm fairly underwhelmed at the execution here. The ship is twistie-tied down like a mad fiend, the ones around the "neck" are abhorrent, yet the ship is also sliding around in its tray for some reason, that's gotta be great for it. Once again the try-me is ultra-lame, but this time it uses up the batteries more by having the deflector light for no reason. Eventually I got it out and set the switch, but it's too many movie lines and too many short sounds, and I hate the lighting scheme that goes with them, very little thought put into the warp engines blinking off time to the blinking deflector. And the try-me also betrayed this item's true failings: the deco.

Initially, I liked the pearlescent deco, it looks nice and they added a little paint wash to bring out some details, but the cost for it is far too heavy. It seems in their infinite stupidity that someone made a foolish decision which essentially ruins this item for me, the plastic used is translucent and they didn't use ANY primer! WTF?!? How dare they?

I could have forgiven the slop around nearly every detail element, but this is unbelievable. AA absolutely nailed this the first time around, even in a dark room their Ent-A has nearly no light bleeding through, yet this DST version has so much bleed that I can't even put it on the stand with the saucer tilted upwards because I can see the guts right through it. It's an insult to how great this sculpt is that the look is completely ruined by mismanagement here. And I'm not sure what's worse, the impulse engines turning completely see-through or the entire saucer lighting up from the inside like a cheap christmas ornament.

I find this entirely disappointing, there's no way to enjoy it without being reminded of their failure - I could have accepted bleed on the warp engines, it happens, but the entire saucer even when turned off and in low room light?!? I don't usually freak out about stuff like this, but they've crossed the line here. Very frustrating, and the worst part is, there's nothing I can do, I gotta just eat it because I do want another of this model without paying $100 for the original release.

As an aside note, I went to move the TOS Enterprise and their crappy stand finally self-destructed on me, it's now totally unusable. Horrid little design, all to save a buck by reusing the AA stand. DST has really done a disservice to Trek with these "1 step forwards, 1 step back" crap moves.

One thing though. What's up with the cheesy stand? It won't fit the hole on the replacement battery hatch. Looks like you have to force it, which I don't want to do for fear of breakage. What's the solution here? Looks like I might be putting the original hatch back on and hanging it with 2lb fishline from a hook in the ceiling. I don't know what else to do. I never used the stand on the original, but it's the same. For this reissue, what I did was attach the stand to the panel BEFORE attaching the panel to the ship, worked perfectly - it's a VERY tight fit so you will have to force it, but the support around the rubber grommet is a metal plate so it can take it. You'll have to push real hard to get it fully seated, it'll be obvious when it's right if you do it the way I suggested because the stand ball will sit roughly flush with the metal plate.

My wok 1701's deflectors have different levels of transparent blue on them, the one thats still in the box albiet without batteries has a slightly heavier shade of blue in the dish.Like much of the paint on this ship, on mine the blue is darker on the starboard than port.

I once thought of buying more for just those cool uniforms, and dressing up all the other TOS 12" figures in them, though there are slight differences in the uniforms (collar colors etc.)The very last Trek figures that Playmates did, and they were those KB exclusives, I was so glad to get those as well.

Anybody know if the Blade Runner Final Cut is licencing any ships or toys? I've seen a pic of the DVD briefcase set and it comes with a cool official painted Police Spinner... can't wait! I've got the Medicom "Future Car" and a diecast ERTL spinner but the paint jobs lack... a lot. Wonder if there'll be more ships from BR FC?Sadly not that I know of, I've already preordered that set (I was at the Blade Runner DVD panel at SDCC, as soon as I got back that preorder was happnin!) but it wasn't specifically for the spinner, that's just a nice bonus.

(engine sounds?)Impulse fly-by, at first I thought it was the ST3 one when they're approaching Regula, but I think this one's just orbiting Regula when Kirk & co are on the station.

BTW: The paint on the WOK is a cool white reflecting pearl. much like the the pearl white on Wave one Johnny Lighning White Lightnings. It looks alot better than the earlier released Art Asylum 1701-A, which I have also.It was an interesting idea, but I really dislike it in some ways and overall find the AA-A to be superior.

LTBasker
11-07-2007, 03:09 AM
Actually, the Enterprise-A are going for around $45-50 due to this release.

Personally, I like it, I wish it had been much better but I'm okay with it. I used NewForce's $53.99 (2 regulars) and $54.99 (2 battle damaged) deals though, unlike those that are paying $30-40. If I had paid that much I would be ready to travel to a convention just to throw it at the first DST employee I saw.

It feels heavier than the TOS Enterprise so I definitely won't be trusting that even more flimsy looking stand. I think I may get some of those Eagle stands and use fishing line to secure them as well as bolt down the stand. If I ever get a large display made, that is.

Honestly, I wish they didn't try to do sounds. I can understand the appeal of them but in cases like this, the sounds are such poor quality that I'd much rather see the money go towards paint, lighting and quality control. Sounds always turn out to be such a waste.

One thing that baffles me though is they reused the packaging design for the TOS Enterprises, but left the nacelles detached? Why? Since the packaging is designed for a ship with nacelles, the ship fits just fine when you place it in the box with the nacelles attached. So pointless.

decadentdave
11-07-2007, 04:14 AM
I got my BD WOK Enterprise today and I have very mixed feelings. On one hand, I got all giddy playing the sound samples but on the other hand, the ship itself looks like a cheap toy. It looks like it has been painted with testors model paints. I have built a few of the AMT model kits and have painted them better than this. The scale was much smaller than I expected too. I'm even thinking about getting one of those Polar Lights kits and transplanting the electronics over to it ("Let me get this straight... something you can transplant?"). I passed on the "clean" version of the WOK Enterprise but I assume it has the same sound samples.

I think Art Asylum/Diamond Direct really missed a big opportunity here for the 25th Anniversary. What they needed to do was make both the BD Enterprise AND a Reliant with INTERACTIVE sound samples that would respond to commands from the other through some kind of IR frequency. What I wouldn't give right now to have a Reliant to engage with. That would have been the cream of the crop for the 25th Anniversary, yet it is not to be. That is heartbreaking.

Blue2th
11-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Now that you mention it JT, that translucent plastic is very bothersome. They did drop the ball.

At least I still have 1701-A which I haven't pulled out of the package yet.

Blue2th
11-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Can you get a picture of the weird torpedo launcher of your ship?
Damn, the super-macro on my camera sees it as a major flaw. I advise not removing the STUPID phaser-torpedo effect. Looks like I'll be opening another. This one might sustain major battle-damage, like crushed under a giant foot! :mad:http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16271&d=1194444577

BountyHunterScum
11-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Damn, the super-macro on my camera sees it as a major flaw. I advise not removing the STUPID phaser-torpedo effect. Looks like I'll be opening another. This one might sustain major battle-damage, like crushed under a giant foot! :mad:http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16271&d=1194444577\

Thanks! I got my BD 1701, they added a couple sounds too like Khan being able to finish his peotry crap and the phaser hit on the enterprise's port torpedo hatch in the mutara nebula. On the interactive thing, while that would be cool come on do you seriously think most toy companies are interesed in being cool? I think not, it's all about the all mighty dollar to them nothing more.

decadentdave
11-07-2007, 12:47 PM
While companies do want to make money, they also want to sell products they think people want. I have been very impressed with Art Asylum/Diamond Direct picking up the Trek license and delivering high quality figures that easily surpass what Playmates did with the license. Their deficiency though is the ships. I'll take the Playmates ships any day. They were larger scale and had better paint apps. The AA/DD ships look like cheap model kit knock offs hand painted by an amateur modeler. I still think the sounds are a high selling point (it's the reason why I bought my BD Enterprise) but if they could figure out a way to use the sounds effectively and appropriately it would make them even more attractive to collectors. Companies like Mattel and Hasbro have developed interactive sound features. Maybe AA/DD is too small of a company and doesn't have the production facilities and resources that a larger company like Mattel or Hasbro have but these ships seem kind of half-assed (at least as far as the BD Enterprise is concerned). My Enterprise-E looks pretty good and my Classic Enterprise was OK. It does at least seem like AA/DD really love this stuff and enjoy making it which is a plus in my book but they do have their shortcomings especially when it comes to paint which echoes the same problem with another small company... Sideshow Collectibles. While the big companies focus on newer and more popular licenses, older ones like Star Trek have been cast off to the smaller companies and it's a double-edged sword. On one hand it's a good thing because they can cater specifically to the fans and give them the products they specifically want, on the other hand it's a bad thing because the quality of materials and production are not exactly up to the levels of some of the bigger toy companies. Hasbro and Mattel put out a lot of crap toys but a lot of that has to do with the fact that they are selling toys primarily for kids and also the fact that a lot of things get rushed into production. We've seen how Hasbro can make absolutely gorgeous figures and toys when they really put their mind to it and others come up looking like deformed rejects because of poor execution. I think AA/DD had some good ideas with the BD Enterprise but it does look like it was rushed and came up woefully short of expectations. I'd just like to ask them why they didn't release a Reliant to tie into the 25th Anniversary? That seems like such an obvious choice. The starship combat was the highlight of the film. You MUST have a Reliant to display with a BD Enterprise. I'm really disappointed. They could always make one next year but that sort of defeats the purpose of celebrating the 25th Anniversary doesn't it? I'll still take one even if it is a year or two late. Better to have one than not have one.

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Actually, the Enterprise-A are going for around $45-50 due to this release.Really? I'll have to check that out.

It feels heavier than the TOS Enterprise so I definitely won't be trusting that even more flimsy looking stand. I think I may get some of those Eagle stands and use fishing line to secure them as well as bolt down the stand. If I ever get a large display made, that is.The TOS Enterprise's stand situation is partly about the wonky geometry from putting the stand on a pedestal under the ship instead of inside it. With the balance point so much lower, it meant it was harder for part of the ship to counterbalance other parts, so basically it was a much higher teeter-totter and the stand also had more to counter.

Honestly, I wish they didn't try to do sounds. I can understand the appeal of them but in cases like this, the sounds are such poor quality that I'd much rather see the money go towards paint, lighting and quality control. Sounds always turn out to be such a waste.Yeah, so true, they put in too many lines and it's not fun for the ship itself IMO, so it's a waste of the budget. Plus on this one, you can't even cycle through the sounds, you have to wait till the sound ends which can be really annoying - the original didn't have this.

One thing that baffles me though is they reused the packaging design for the TOS Enterprises, but left the nacelles detached? Why? Since the packaging is designed for a ship with nacelles, the ship fits just fine when you place it in the box with the nacelles attached. So pointless.It does fit in the box with the nacelles on, but it's snug and their crap twistie/tray design means if it slides at all, they'll wear the paint down or even snap off.

That reminds me of another annoyance or 2... first off, the nacelles don't fit as neatly on the pylons, there's an awkward gap at the base (it's on the AA version as well, but to a lesser degree). And second, the back of the engineering hull and the nacelles are separate pieces and their decos don't match the parts they're glued to that well.

Now that you mention it JT, that translucent plastic is very bothersome. They did drop the ball.

At least I still have 1701-A which I haven't pulled out of the package yet.Yeah, I just went into the living room to get breakfast and saw the ambient morning light (very little actually) shining through the saucer, made me sad. Visually, the Ent-A's a rock and worth taking out.

I still think the sounds are a high selling point (it's the reason why I bought my BD Enterprise) but if they could figure out a way to use the sounds effectively and appropriately it would make them even more attractive to collectors. Companies like Mattel and Hasbro have developed interactive sound features. Maybe AA/DD is too small of a company and doesn't have the production facilities and resources that a larger company like Mattel or Hasbro have but these ships seem kind of half-assed (at least as far as the BD Enterprise is concerned). AA basically doesn't exist, it's just design management, a handful of people really at this point. DST isn't a big company but they have all of Diamond's resources and they keep attaching themselves to remnants of quality firms like AA and Resaurus/Plan B to keep their work going (which is a bit questionable when you look at those failed firms and realize they budgeted themselves out of business alone). The thing is though, they could do better work like Mattel (#1) or Hasbro (#2) if they had the sales numbers to back it, the Chinese factories all seem to do about the same level of work as each other (they may even BE the same factories). But because DST knows the item won't sell many units, they have to budget cheaper to make the item happen - if they knew they'd sell 10 times as many, we'd be seeing bigger budgets, better paint, more features (but lower QC, if that's possible).

My Enterprise-E looks pretty good and my Classic Enterprise was OK.The Ent-E is frustrating because it looks good, but lacks all subtlety that AA would have brought without DST. The TOS Ent looks alright but is too simplistic in its sculpt and deco (again, this is an area AA wouldn't have scrimped).

I'd just like to ask them why they didn't release a Reliant to tie into the 25th Anniversary? That seems like such an obvious choice.Development costs, it's always that, that's the biggest cost and the Ent-A mold already existed, so they could revisit it without incurring huge development costs, but since there aren't guaranteed large number sales, they have to keep it on the cheap.

The starship combat was the highlight of the film. You MUST have a Reliant to display with a BD Enterprise. I'm really disappointed. They could always make one next year but that sort of defeats the purpose of celebrating the 25th Anniversary doesn't it? I'll still take one even if it is a year or two late. Better to have one than not have one.That's what DST did with the 40th anniversary, nearly all the 40th anniversary product came out the year after, totally frustrating.

decadentdave
11-07-2007, 02:10 PM
One thing that bugs me, why is the deflector dish painted matte black? The light behind it bleeds blue light through it but just sitting there it doesn't look right. In the film it has a warm amber glow. Also that one red painted photon torpedo bay is annoying. Makes me want to take it apart and run a small red LED light into it. I'd also like to take some model glue and make heaps of elevated hull damage where the burn marks are. This thing could use a serious custom job. Sigh...

BountyHunterScum
11-07-2007, 02:57 PM
One thing that bugs me, why is the deflector dish painted matte black? The light behind it bleeds blue light through it but just sitting there it doesn't look right. In the film it has a warm amber glow. Also that one red painted photon torpedo bay is annoying. Makes me want to take it apart and run a small red LED light into it. I'd also like to take some model glue and make heaps of elevated hull damage where the burn marks are. This thing could use a serious custom job. Sigh...

They put heavy blue paint on it instead of leaving it as it was on 1701-A. The deflector is only amber for a short time until it warms up so making it yellow would be odd. It is possible to mimic the warm-up sequence, just put an amber LED in with the blue one and have a clear deflector lens. Like what they did with 1701 TOS the red and green lights inside the warp bussard. The torp launcher ports do emit a faint red glow. Usually when armed but I have seen them glow for spite.

http://www.trekmania.net/the_fleet/utopia/fleet/constitution15.jpg
http://homepage.eircom.net/~watty/tcz/picz/tff/cnstfrnt.jpg

decadentdave
11-07-2007, 03:07 PM
The torp launcher ports do emit a faint red glow. Usually when armed but I have seen them glow for spite.

They don't glow at all on mine. It is just painted red.

And with regards to them not making a Reliant because of development costs: If they can't invest into making a new product, they might as well just close shop. Come on, you have to spend money to make money. You can't keep recycling and repainting everything you have already done like Hasbro does. They think they can keep selling us the same product to us six ways till Sunday. The ONLY reason I got the BD Enterprise was because of the sound samples and paint deco. They are going to have to make some more ships so I see a great amount of R&D in their future. I'd also like some more Classic aliens and how about Scotty in white Engineering suit from WOK and also Chekov and Terrell in EVA suits and a Ceti Alpha V Khan with turbin and visor. And since they are doing Kirk in Regula 1 jacket we need Bones and Saavik as well. And where's my Joachin?

BountyHunterScum
11-07-2007, 03:15 PM
They don't glow at all on mine. It is just painted red.

And with regards to them not making a Reliant because of development costs: If they can't invest into making a new product, they might as well just close shop. Come on, you have to spend money to make money. You can't keep recycling and repainting everything you have already done like Hasbro does. They think they can keep selling us the same product to us six ways till Sunday. The ONLY reason I got the BD Enterprise was because of the sound samples and paint deco. They are going to have to make some more ships so I see a great amount of R&D in their future. I'd also like some more Classic aliens and how about Scotty in white Engineering suit from WOK and also Chekov and Terrell in EVA suits and a Ceti Alpha V Khan with turbin and visor. And since they are doing Kirk in Regula 1 jacket we need Bones and Saavik as well. And where's my Joachin?

I meant they glow in the movies, at random though.

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 03:57 PM
One thing that bugs me, why is the deflector dish painted matte black? The light behind it bleeds blue light through it but just sitting there it doesn't look right. In the film it has a warm amber glow.Yeah, I don't get why it's black either. I did want them to paint it matte blue as I thought the AA version being totally clear wasn't quite right, but this is much worse. My guess is they used the same black paint they had been using for the running lights or the nacelles.

Also that one red painted photon torpedo bay is annoying. Makes me want to take it apart and run a small red LED light into it. I'd also like to take some model glue and make heaps of elevated hull damage where the burn marks are. This thing could use a serious custom job. Sigh...You mean the BD version? Because the regular WOK version has both torpedo bays painted red on mine.

The prob with a custom paint job is you have to start on the inside with a heavy primer coat, and it's not made to be disassembled.

And with regards to them not making a Reliant because of development costs: If they can't invest into making a new product, they might as well just close shop. Come on, you have to spend money to make money. Companies don't like to take risks, a lot of smaller toy companies have invested huge amounts in quality tooling only to have it suck them under. DST is currently doing 1 new ship a year, and this year that was the TOS Enterprise.

You can't keep recycling and repainting everything you have already done like Hasbro does.Hasbro's entire business model has always been about that, and it's made them the #2 toy company in the world. Unfortunately, with successes like that, it's not hard to see why DST would want that same type of business. There's not enough market anymore and we're not willing to pay $50 for these things - especially when some stores charge nearly that because they're greedy Diamond distribution-receiving scalper shops.

I meant they glow in the movies, at random though.It's not meant to be random, it's meant to happen when the torpedo bays are at hot-standby status (not their term, but you get what I mean, right?). However, it sometimes is random when the f/x guys leave them on or when the footage is recycled.

BountyHunterScum
11-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I don't get why it's black either. I did want them to paint it matte blue as I thought the AA version being totally clear wasn't quite right, but this is much worse. My guess is they used the same black paint they had been using for the running lights or the nacelles.

You mean the BD version? Because the regular WOK version has both torpedo bays painted red on mine.

The prob with a custom paint job is you have to start on the inside with a heavy primer coat, and it's not made to be disassembled.

Companies don't like to take risks, a lot of smaller toy companies have invested huge amounts in quality tooling only to have it suck them under. DST is currently doing 1 new ship a year, and this year that was the TOS Enterprise.

Hasbro's entire business model has always been about that, and it's made them the #2 toy company in the world. Unfortunately, with successes like that, it's not hard to see why DST would want that same type of business. There's not enough market anymore and we're not willing to pay $50 for these things - especially when some stores charge nearly that because they're greedy Diamond distribution-receiving scalper shops.

It's not meant to be random, it's meant to happen when the torpedo bays are at hot-standby status (not their term, but you get what I mean, right?). However, it sometimes is random when the f/x guys leave them on or when the footage is recycled.

Yeah as in armed. Klingon battlecruiser torp launcher lights are way more obvious.

Darth Duranium
11-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Blue2th :
Damn, the super-macro on my camera sees it as a major flaw. I advise not removing the STUPID phaser-torpedo effect. Looks like I'll be opening another. This one might sustain major battle-damage, like crushed under a giant foot!

Thanks for the pic, Blue...
Doesn't look that bad to me... better that way than with the SP-TE hangin' out of it. A bit of model putty or globby superglue and a dab of paint might help, I'd think. Then again, there's always your Bambi Versus Godzilla approach...

I might try using a dremel tool to cleanly cut it off, rather than tearing it out, though. I can't stand the freakin' thing... idiotic idea... radical surgery is definitely required, IMO. Why did JL do it? It doesn't match any other ship in the series.

I've got a little box full of stupid brightly coloured torpedoes from assorted ships... they will be joined in the box by their new amputee SP-TE friend.

Does the Defiant look like crap without the STUPID blue phaser effect (SBPE) attached? At least it's removable, (somewhat) in scale, and it's not shooting through the bottom of the saucer section.

BountyHunterScum
11-07-2007, 10:37 PM
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/?action=view&current=BattleDamaged1701.flv

JediTricks
11-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Nice job. Here's what's new there:

"Evasive: Starboard!" and the battle sounds that go with it.

"For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"

What kills me is that last line really demands to be with the previous line in the regular ship, "From hell's heart, I stab at thee." Those 2 intrinsically go together, even if they are taken from a longer passage in Moby Dick.

Blue2th
11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Blue2th :
Damn, the super-macro on my camera sees it as a major flaw. I advise not removing the STUPID phaser-torpedo effect. Looks like I'll be opening another. This one might sustain major battle-damage, like crushed under a giant foot!

Thanks for the pic, Blue...
Doesn't look that bad to me... better that way than with the SP-TE hangin' out of it. A bit of model putty or globby superglue and a dab of paint might help, I'd think. Then again, there's always your Bambi Versus Godzilla approach...

I might try using a dremel tool to cleanly cut it off, rather than tearing it out, though. I can't stand the freakin' thing... idiotic idea... radical surgery is definitely required, IMO. Why did JL do it? It doesn't match any other ship in the series.

I've got a little box full of stupid brightly coloured torpedoes from assorted ships... they will be joined in the box by their new amputee SP-TE friend.

Does the Defiant look like crap without the STUPID blue phaser effect (SBPE) attached? At least it's removable, (somewhat) in scale, and it's not shooting through the bottom of the saucer section.

The Defiant's phaser comes right out, and is not glued in. Silly me I thought the 1701-A was the same, WRONG!
I think with a magnifying glass and a little Chinese micro toy painting know-how I might be able to do a paint repair.

Tycho
11-08-2007, 05:17 PM
My figures came today: Kirk, double-cross Kirk, Terrel, Khan.

I like the double-cross Kirk the best.

BountyHunterScum
11-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Nice job. Here's what's new there:

"Evasive: Starboard!" and the battle sounds that go with it.

"For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"

What kills me is that last line really demands to be with the previous line in the regular ship, "From hell's heart, I stab at thee." Those 2 intrinsically go together, even if they are taken from a longer passage in Moby Dick.

You can even hear the torpedo bay cadets who are on fire. lol

Darth Duranium
11-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I finally got my set this week... I'm quite impressed with them... the aztec-ing on the hulls is great. JL's paintjobs are unbelievably detailed, if not always correct.

The 1701-A was involved in a freakish mishap... that SP-TE came right the frack off during an ion storm. Nice job, though.

Luckily, my Voyager doesn't suffer from nacelle erectile dysfunction but the landing struts are a little underwhelming.

The Marmalade Majestic is now being phasered by the Defiant on my shelf... they line up nicely. Shame about the font on the Defiant, though... bad like Furuta's Enterprise A.

The Nacho Enterprise looks ok if they're separated... the stardrive's pretty kewl and the cheesy part isn't quite as bad as it looked in the pic. My Romando Enterprise E's also in sep mode so it works for me.

The Borg Cube/Sphere is good but I wish they'd chosen another colour for this wave. How about a Tactical Sphere instead? The WL borg cube went for $79 US on eBay... just nutz.

I think JL does put a lot of thought into these ships... they're quite well-made if not heavy on actual diecast metal.

BTW, I saw the new BSG "Razor" episode at a friend's place last night... great! Ensign Ro/Admiral Cain blows her first officer's head off... now why didn't Riker, Kira, and Chakotay meet the same fate?

Blue2th
11-11-2007, 06:31 AM
How did you get the SP-TE off the 1701-A without breaking it DT?

How did you watch the Battlestar Razor? I thought it doesn't debut for a couple of weeks?

Question, questions.

Darth Duranium
11-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Blue2th, I just held the end of the SP-TE tightly and slowly corkscrewed the 1701-A back and forth and it came off clean... left the tiniest microscopic hole. Looks great without the whale penis attached... I'm leaving it as-is and won't bother to touch it up, methinks.

BSG Razor was leaked onto Bittorrent about 10 days ago, apparently... it's an 87 minute screening copy of the full episode that'll be broadcast on the 24th... decent quality, too. It has no station logos or bumpers but has all of the opening flashbacks, titles, and end credits. That's all I know... but it looked fine on my friend's jumbotron tv.

My friend got it from a friend who got it from a friend who got it from a friend who got it from Bittorrent. I saw a DVD copy at my friend's place, who didn't tell me what we were going to watch beforehand... a very nice surprise for me. Whoo-hoo!

You should be able to find it on many file-sharing sites... the real McCoy is out there. You're in for a few surprises, especially if you're a fan of the original 70's show.

Plus, Cain makes Picard and Adama look like pansy-arsed boy scouts... No "Suggestions, Number One?" from her... good times. The Vader School of Management.

There's also an extended version of the episode which will be released on DVD on the 4th of December that runs 101 minutes. I'll be buying it.

Apparently, the extra material focuses on the first Cylon War, young Bill Adama in a viper (mk II?), and some horrific moments in Cain's childhood. Some more extra stuff is already on SciFi's website as mini-episodes cut into 2 minute chunks, apparently. Most of this stuff is not in the 87 minute version that I saw, I think.

I'm dying to say more but I don't want to cough up spoilers for anyone... Cain's execution of her first officer was already talked about on the show. I will say no more.

It's such a frack-off that the show doesn't resume until April and we don't know whether we're getting 10 or 20 episodes next year. They may drag it out to 2 years.

The effects and ships look top-notch... feature film quality. I can live with 2 years if the rest of the episodes will be this good.

It bodes well for the Star Wars live-action tv show, if this kind of quality can be created on a tv budget.

Outstanding science fiction.

Blue2th
11-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Well maybe I will try to open another one and see what happens. Though i think I will wait till I find one on the pegs. Nobody has seen hide nor hair of the JL Star Treks around here except for mail order.

Cain (Ensign Roe was it?) is a bad-a**! I'm glad we get to see more of her story and the Pegasus. I want to see Cain make those black and white tough ruthless decisions a military leader sometimes has to make.

I saw the previews on TV and caught a glimps of a vintage Cylon Raider.

I love BSG, and even sat in the audience last year at Comic-con for their Q&A. Of course that's all old news now.

I'm going to wait for the 24th, and will definitely buy that DVD. I have all of the previous season sets.
I also have all the Titaniums, even the Ultra BSG, and the Centurion.

They can drag this thing out as long as they want, as long as they keep it alive.
Maybe they will make a movie to end it like Firefly. That would be choice.

Rick McCallum said the live-action Star Wars TV series would be more grittier "like Battlestar Galactica" so it's good that the series has been noticed by the Lucasfilm boys.

There's a BSG thread around here somewhere, but it's been kinda dormant.
Probably get a little life back in it after the 24th.

BountyHunterScum
11-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Cain is played by Michelle Forbes who yes played Ensign Ro in TNG.

Darth Duranium
11-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Saw a WL Voyager from the new set on eBay, and a closeup of the sphere from the WL Borg cube which went for $79 on eBay. The WL Voyager looks armoured, almost.

I've got all the BSG Titaniums and Ultra BSG (except the Cylon figure- I don't do figures but I'd buy that one) too... looking forward to the Titanium classic BSG the wave after next. They're all great. Would love an Ultra Pegasus.

Didn't get to go to Comicon but I got the Titanium set from it... my CC Mk II viper has no red stripe on part of one wing... variant/error I guess.

Got the Konami BSG set and a painted resin Ultra-sized classic BSG too. Working on the rag-tag fleet, though.

Here's a pic of the new $100+ Viper coming out next year. Looks great... a little larger than Action Fleet... horrible price though.

Tycho
01-15-2008, 04:22 PM
My Deep Space Nine figures arrived yesterday. They're in my apartment complex office and I'll update everyone when I go and pick them up.

Whoo-hoo! DS9 rocks!