PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek figures (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

JediTricks
10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Wow, an exclusive huh? At least you guys are getting your figs, but no way this line is going to work in 2010, not with so much clearancing out right now.

Picked up the Role Play movie phaser for $3 and change, figured it'd be funny to make them lose money over it. :p The toy isn't half bad, although as a phaser is a really stupid-looking design, but it could be believably alien in origin - all metal in the future seems unlikely over composite materials, and it's probably really slippery to hold, and it has pointy bits everywhere to jab the user. It's chromed everywhere, but everything above the handle has paint to make it look slightly oxidized, which is fairly realistic looking (from the right, the left has screw holes). The toy has the flippy barrel gimmick, unlike the movie it only swaps from stun to vaporize, not back. There's vastly different sounds for each. There's a dial near the back which activates a power up light and sound, this yellow light stays on as long as it's played with which is kinda cool. All in all, still a doofy phaser but not a bad buy for $3.

Tycho
10-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Where is the button that plays The Beastie Boys?

LTBasker
10-23-2009, 12:30 AM
Right inbetween stun & kill.

If the next wave of 3 3/4" figures have to be a shared exclusive, I wonder if that means the 6" are dead?

JediTricks
10-23-2009, 02:42 AM
And here I thought it was the button between bull and sh...

LTBasker
10-23-2009, 04:23 AM
Nope, that would be Eminem.

DarkArtist
10-23-2009, 07:36 AM
i sorta phased out on this line. if I find them on mass clearence I would invest in them and get the ones I'm missing but that's about it. plus the second wave there are only a few I would want, not really ready to drop the $$$ on a complete case

Old Fossil
10-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Won this awesome Bones figure on the 'bay today, for only 9.99! I'm so stoked! It's all original except for the foil Starfleet insignia. This will complete my vintage crew, save for Uhura, who I will not be getting.

Lord Malakite
11-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Anyone want to own Captain Picard's severed head in a jar? :D

I never knew Patrick Stewart also played Zordon on Power Rangers. :p

JediTricks
11-06-2009, 02:09 AM
Haw. Looks like Uncle Fester to me tho'.

Tycho
11-06-2009, 02:24 AM
I want Deep Space Nine figures. Like a complete, really complete, complete collection of them!

This includes the entire Niners baseball team and a Logician (Vulcan) batter.

I want army builders and specific Cardassians like Damar, Dukat (finally release the ArtAsylum one $#$@!es) etc.

I want ships and vehicles, that the 3 3/4" or 7" figures can fly in - even if totally underscale - like the old "Action Fleet style" toys.

I want a worm hole!

LTBasker
11-06-2009, 02:14 PM
The third DST wave is starting to show up at Toys R Us, the wave includes Kang, Mirror Kirk and Mirror Spock. This auction has a pic of Kang: http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-TREK-KLINGON-KANG-from-TOS-DST-KIRK-IN-STOCK_W0QQitemZ220500777052QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item3356ded85c#ht_1478wt_939

By the way, on TrekToy many have mentioned Toys R Us cancelling their pre-orders. Apparently they didn't pay attention to how many Kangs they would actually have. Either that, or Kang is really severely limited.

AmanaMatt
11-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Actually found the Kang wave in my TRU - they had one Kang only, so picked him up

Paint is a tad heavy (as it is on EVERY DST trek classic fig), but overall very good.

Has anyone told DST Shatner was not Pumpkin Orange in the classic show? What is with their crap paint apps?

Tycho
11-06-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm bringing home (out of storage) all my Playmates and Art Asylum Star Trek figures. ALL OF THEM.

I'm actually making more room to work organizing my Star Wars collection as Coruscant and the prequel combo of PT Tatooine, Geonosis, Utopau, and Mustafar will be stored there and I need the space to sort out all my Clones and Droids into the appropriate quantities for each scene, add the Clone and Droid officers, put in later-release Separatists like Po Nudo in the correct places, etc.

I think TRU said my Kang pre-order was delayed. I'll have to double-check. I want that Klingon. Maybe I'll go by TRU and pick him up and just save my receipt in case they ship him. Then I can bring the extra back.

[UPDATE: ToysRUs.com said they've processed my Kang order and they are shipping him to me on Monday]

Jayspawn
11-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Found Mirror Kirk & Spock today at TRU. No sign of Kang.

Tycho
11-17-2009, 03:26 AM
I got the Kang. I already owned the whole crew in their Mirror uniforms. Uhura is the best!

I guess with having Kor and Kang now, Diamond needs to get out Koloth.

I have the Romulan figures on order from NewForce and pre-order from Toys R Us.

If they're going to solely focus on TOS, which I hope they are not (DEEP SPACE NINE!!!) I hope that the movie line continues from WOK, SFS, VH, FF, and UC (I don't care about TMP). I think the movie line for TOS could be so cool! They need to do Saavik and McCoy in their Regula-One Away Team coats, as well.

Jayspawn
11-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Hopefully DST has Captain Koloth on the drawing board.

Don't think we're gonna see the Yeoman Rand wave before next year.

Tycho
11-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I think McCoy is the only figure I'm buying from those.

I might need an extra Kirk. Not sure.

I really want Kirk as a Romulan, another Spock, and the Romulan Captain they're making. I thought they were also going to make a Romulan Soldier, too?

I hope the Salt Vampire I have pre-ordered comes out and starts to ship soon. I always wanted that figure!

LTBasker
11-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah, the Romulan soldier is part of the next Toys R Us wave and is still on pre-order on their site. According to an email from TRU that someone on TrekToy got, the Romulan wave should be out in the next couple of months.

Tycho
11-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Have I posted how annoyed I am that this collection is not expanding its Deep Space Nine line?

OK... well have I posted that in the last 10 seconds?

Jayspawn
11-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Found some more Mirror Kirk and Spock at another TRU -but alas, no Kang.

LTBasker
11-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Have I posted how annoyed I am that this collection is not expanding its Deep Space Nine line?

You're not the only one, trust me. I'm still quite ticked that the Sisko/Dukat pack was canceled, as well as the Sisko/Chair pack. Plus TOS wave 5 is in some haphazard limbo because of "lack of preorders." So close to having Chapel/Rand and a new alien, and now... bupkis.

Tycho
11-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Dukat has to be released! Darn it!

Also, Kruuge and Malz from STIII should have been put out.

They could split the Klingons and make two 2-packs with Saavik in Away Team Trench Coat (and Kruuge) and Scotty in his work vest (with Malz).

JediTricks
11-26-2009, 01:23 PM
One of TRU's mystery doorbusters tomorrow is for the 3.75" movie figures, buy one get one free.

Tycho
11-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Hmmm. Maybe I should look for stuff to customize my Kyle Reese figure - like Chekov for an Anton Yelchin head.

Tycho
12-04-2009, 01:53 PM
WAVE 2 MAY NEVER COME OUT! :upset:

Read this article then discuss here (http://trekmovie.com/2009/11/25/playmates-star-trek-toys-put-on-hold/)

This is very unfortunate.

Ji'dai
12-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Sorry for not pointing this out sooner, but TRU has a 50% off coupon (http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/vit120409-cpns.pdf) for all Star Trek figures, playsets, and accessories that's good through Dec. 5th. I used the LEGO coupon and didn't look at the others until I was in the store.

Tycho
12-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Crap. I was just in today and bought a Chekov and Nero 3 3/4" to make Kyle Reese for my Terminator collection. Maybe they'll let me retroactively use their coupon? I spent $6.99 each I think on the Trek 3 3/4" figures.

I did buy some before at the buy-1-get-1-free offer days, but I didn't realize that I'd need another Kyle.

I used the Cobra Commander body in the trench-coat (from the Joe movie) for my first Kyle. But he's riding with Marcus in a towtruck, and there are no other standing 3 3/4" figures in that scene (the bridge chase from Salvation) so you can't tell that Kyle's larger than he should be for a teenager.

But I had to use Nero for the 2nd custom Kyle because he's got to be smaller than a T-600 for Skynet's sake!

Ji'dai
12-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Crap. I was just in today and bought a Chekov and Nero 3 3/4" to make Kyle Reese for my Terminator collection. Maybe they'll let me retroactively use their coupon? I spent $6.99 each I think on the Trek 3 3/4" figures. I don't think the coupon can be applied to previous purchases. Since the offer has now expired I doubt you'll have much luck getting a price correction at TRU.

JediTricks
12-09-2009, 12:51 AM
On Wednesday, all 3.75" Star Trek and Terminator figures will be $3.49.

Tycho, you could buy those figures over again and then return them with the old receipt.

RooJay
12-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Looks like I might have to resort to making customs of the bridge crew who've yet to appear in uniform as figures. Woner if I'll be able to make acceptable versions of Spock and Pike in their Academy duds as well? :cry:

Tycho
12-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Mmm. I forgot about that (the return with older receipt thing).

I was just there and got Spock and Uhura extras to hold for a bridge crew for the next movie - just in case.

My cat is having surgery today and I was up late last night with her in the emergency room, so I'm tired today and not thinking too clearly about all this.

Roojay: Star Trek figures head / hand swap really easily. Yeah I suppose you could put McCoy on Spock's body and Chekov on a Kirk body, then put Kirk's head on Chekov's body.

For Spock in the Academy days, just take his hands off before you paint the McCoy cadet body in gray or charcoal.

I still hold onto hope that Playmates will release the 2nd wave. Star Trek proved far more popular than Terminator.

RooJay
12-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Thanks dude! Yeah, I had planned to do that way back before they'd even shown pics of the second assortment. I'd decided it wouldn't be necessary after all until the recent realization that the second assortment would probably never be released.
I honestly feel that the line would have performed much stronger if they had only released series 2 much closer to series 1, and perhaps gone with variety over quantity at first to drive sales.

Tycho
12-10-2009, 03:21 AM
Spock [to even find an extra to make McCoy (giving the Vulcan salute?)] is tough to get. I was so lucky that I just happened to feel like stopping in Toys R Us today, and the only single Spock they had left in the whole store was a good paint job and sitting in a $3.50 bin right when I walked in the door.

Uhura isn't that easy to find either.

JediTricks
12-11-2009, 06:11 AM
Now it's the 6" Terminator and Star Trek figures on BOGO (buy one get one), Friday 3pm to Saturday 1pm, stores open until midnight.

Judging by my recent trips to TRU since the sale, I'd say it didn't put a dent in their existing stock of these.

Tycho
12-11-2009, 07:15 AM
I wonder how well the 6" Star Trek customizes?

I also wonder if I could make that custom Kyle Reese with Nero and Chekov?

RooJay
12-12-2009, 02:38 AM
My nearest TRU has had the Terminator figures at half off for some time now, but sadly the Star Trek figures are still regular price, and there are not many left.

Tycho
12-12-2009, 05:04 AM
Totally didn't have time to go to TRU today.

Are there any good price offers for the 6" Star Trek happening today and there-after?

Background Character
12-12-2009, 08:01 AM
The local FiveBelow store by has had the 6" Star Trek figures for $5 each the past few weeks with cases stacked upon cases so you can get every character fresh and untouched by man if you like.

Haven't seen the 3.75" line at FiveBelow yet, but I'm sure they are coming and maybe the playsets (this is where I picked up all my 3.75 Indiana Jones vehicles for $5 each last year).

My TRU still has the shelves stocked. I thought it was all leftovers, but yesterday they had put fresh cases out. I saw Uhura and Spock which are the harder ones to find.

Tycho
12-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Think I'll pay a visit to Toys R Us later. Background Character (welcome to the boards) - I don't know where you're posting from but I live in San Diego. I don't know if we have 5-Below-5 stores here. I'll look it up in the phone book I guess. Thanks for the tips.

LTBasker
12-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Diamond Select's latest Trek Q&A is up today, and not only does it bring bad news to anyone who has been waiting patiently to give DST their hard-earned cash in exchange for goods & services in the form of wave 5, but it also shows exactly how oblivious the company has become.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/12/askdst-qa-66-star-trek-edition/

Unfortunately it seems that TOS wave 5 seems to be lost in limbo, but with Toys R Us apparently doing well with DST TOS figures, couldn’t they pick up the slack where pre-orders have fallen short?

DSTChuck: The idea has always been to have some synergy between the TRU waves and the specialty waves. We just needed to get TRU a little caught up to start. I would not say the figures are blowing out of TRU but yes if they stay with the line that’s one wave we could get the remaining figures into collectors hands.

1) When it comes to the TOS 3 3/4 figures, when might we see a picture of a protype?
2) Would the 3 3/4 figures be released in 2010?
3) Is wave 5 of the TOS (& Salt Vampire) going to happen?
4) Any word on whether or not Sisko w/ command chair is going to be made? Thanks for all your hard work. Chris

DSTChuck: Questions #1 and #2 at this point need to be directed to Playmates. Wave 5 as it was listed will NOT be happening. We’re going to work on other ways to get those characters out there. However it does appear as if the Salt Vampire is not going to happen and neither is the Sisko in Defiant chair.

After cursing for several minutes with wave 5 and Command Chair Sisko's inevitable but drawn out officialized demise, and the Salt Vampire's yet again being cursed into limbo, I noticed something. The underlined bit in the first quote; "I would not say the figures are blowing out of TRU," just doesn't make sense. Why? Well, because the 1-per-case new figures have blown out of the store just fine - Cage Spock only stuck around longer than Kang and "KHAAAN" Kirk have because he was a shoddy and lazy attempt at a Cage Spock. Even he sold out eventually, though. Since they said the figures aren't "blowing out of TRU," I can only assume they mean the rereleases that make up 5 out of 6 figures in the case.

If that's true, then what hope does the line have? There is absolutely no way they can realistically expect rereleases to "blow" out of TRU. Not only were these figures easy to snag off of ebay for the same price range from the original AA release, but they even made them available in 2-packs outside of TRU. The biggest problem I have with this, though, isn't simply the unrealistic expectations for them to have to blow out of the store, but rather my problem stems from the fact that DST even claims their sells are stable!

Also from today's Q&A:
The original idea was that if the first waves of TOS did well in TRU we would start to mix the figures some. However the sales have just been stable, not hot and not bad, just holding their own

So, rereleases of nearly decade-old figures, that were relatively easy to get for the same price on the secondary market, have STABLE sells - while the new figures in the cases instantly become rare?! It should even be noted that the Scotty rerelease from the latest wave is already SOLD OUT on TRU's site, despite having been available in a 2-pack for the past few months. How is this not a success to them? Considering that with every new case that enters TRU, there is a SINGLE new figure in that case - as of now that is Kang - and then 5 rereleases left over, but those 5 still manage stable sells?

Meanwhile, DST is sitting on 5 NEW figures that fit in with what TRU is currently offering, but won't get TRU to bite on that product in order to get it released because... they're breaking even with rereleases? DST's unrealistic expectations for this line seem to be the burden that is causing this line to suffer, and slowly suffocate to death. Not to mention that the line's first army-builder, the Romulan Soldier, is due out in the next TRU wave - and it will most likely be 1 per case. With such a tragedy on the horizon, I truly believe that it may very well be the final nail in the coffin.

Tycho
12-14-2009, 02:19 PM
I have no comment. I'm just upset. Not surprised, but disappointed. And I'm wishfully thinking.

At some point it might be therapeutic for me to list figures I wish I could buy from every Star Trek line.

Snowtrooper
12-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Well that sucks. I was really looking forward to getting the Salt Vampire. Hopefully another opportunity will come up.

Tycho
12-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Toys R Us sent me notice that my TOS Romulan order has been cancelled.

The product is "temporarily unavailable" as I tried to re-order it from their website.

LTBasker
12-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah, that's happened to a ton of people on TrekToy. No word on if the wave is canceled, although that seems unlikely. The general belief is over-ordering with Kang may have prompted them to check on the Romulan's order numbers.

JediTricks
12-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Amazon had the ST2:TWOK phaser from DST for half price, $15, so I jumped on it. Showed up today, it's very nice. The handle is thicker than the Playmates one, and it's not blue but a silver paint. Play is cool, the type-1 phaser is held magnetically to the type-2 handle, pull it off and it is fully handheld like the original designs that never came to be seen. There are multiple buttons and lights, the phaser has 4 settings all varying on 4 red LEDs in the emitter and modifying the phaser sound heard in ST2. There's also a 'safety' non-firing setting (it tones once when the trigger is pressed here), and a few sounds for power up/down and even removal/replacement onto the handle. Finally, the phaser can be set to overload where the top lights pulse as it warms up and goes off, the sound is a transporter going into a few other sounds.

Oddities include: iridescent sticker strips along the sides; the phaser doesn't fire when the trigger is pressed but instead when the trigger is released; no try-me packaging; all the top lights are white LEDs.

All in all, not bad - very nice at $15, but perhaps hard to justify at $30. I think the colored LEDs on the ST1:TMP EE-exclusive version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRKPgeEPkP4) might look a little more dynamic, and the ST2 version has a sculpted button on the trigger that the TMP version doesn't have (the Playmates version didn't either, so I'm guessing the design changed between films).

DarkArtist
12-24-2009, 07:38 AM
while shopping for food for Christmas dinner the other day spotted that BJ's had the Enterprise with bonus Kirk figure for $9.90. picked it up. they also 2 packs of the 6" figures for $5.90 each. not a bad time to stock up on the figures you missed

Tycho
12-24-2009, 03:04 PM
We don't have that store around here in San Diego.

I could use one more 6" Spock I think. Spock (or Uhura) are the hardest characters to get.

Does anyone have any hard evidence that the Playmates series 2 of movie figures (for 3" and 6") are cancelled for sure? This is the wave with the Delta Vega creatures and Sulu in his orbital skydive assault gear.

Snowtrooper
12-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Amazon had the ST2:TWOK phaser from DST for half price, $15, so I jumped on it. Showed up today, it's very nice. The handle is thicker than the Playmates one, and it's not blue but a silver paint. Play is cool, the type-1 phaser is held magnetically to the type-2 handle, pull it off and it is fully handheld like the original designs that never came to be seen. There are multiple buttons and lights, the phaser has 4 settings all varying on 4 red LEDs in the emitter and modifying the phaser sound heard in ST2. There's also a 'safety' non-firing setting (it tones once when the trigger is pressed here), and a few sounds for power up/down and even removal/replacement onto the handle. Finally, the phaser can be set to overload where the top lights pulse as it warms up and goes off, the sound is a transporter going into a few other sounds.

Oddities include: iridescent sticker strips along the sides; the phaser doesn't fire when the trigger is pressed but instead when the trigger is released; no try-me packaging; all the top lights are white LEDs.

All in all, not bad - very nice at $15, but perhaps hard to justify at $30. I think the colored LEDs on the ST1:TMP EE-exclusive version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRKPgeEPkP4) might look a little more dynamic, and the ST2 version has a sculpted button on the trigger that the TMP version doesn't have (the Playmates version didn't either, so I'm guessing the design changed between films).

I bought this about a month ago and I love it. It looks exactly like whats in TWOK. Of the movie props DST has built that I own, I think this one is the best. My only complaint with it, is that the indicator lights are brighter than the phaser beam lights, but not by a whole lot. I didn't get as good of a deal on it. I bought mine from BBTS for $25, which is OK I guess. I'll probably get TMP version when it comes out.

JediTricks
12-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Haw! I totally know what you mean about the lights, I was messing with it in the dark just before bed last night and those indicators are WAY brighter, like enough to be a flashlight.

I was looking at photos of the one in the film, it has little diagonal cuts along the side where this has the iridescent strips, and is darker and bluer in color, but is otherwise quite good. There aren't many photos of course, and the one Kirk uses is different from the one Terrell uses, but what can ya do?

I also was looking at the pics I took of the one at the Star Trek The Tour show last year, but it's clearly the TMP phaser by the colored lights on the top and the bump rather than cylinder trigger button. Still, the rest of the body is very similar to the WOK phaser toy. The Playmates one is also surprisingly accurate, though the handle on it is smaller and it has that belt hook on 1 side (it's heavier than the DST one though).

The removable type-1 phaser I was expecting to be lame, but it's much better in the hand than expected. It's bigger than the TNG version, about the same size but a little taller than the TOS version. It's cool to see evolution here from TOS to this to the TNG version, there's a clear progression Roddenberry had in mind.

BTW, speaking of this thing yet again, I just checked, Amazon has it for $19.99 right now, that's a worthy price. I have Amazon Prime so I get free shipping, that's what makes it all work. :p

JediTricks
12-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Got the TOS Tricorder for xmas. If it had been $30 instead of $40 from the get-go, I wouldn't have waited so long. Then Amazon had it for $26, so everybody wins. It's nice but very hollow-plastic feeling too which keeps it from "feeling" like a replica even though it absolutely looks it. It has a bunch of Spock lines, and tricorder sound effects with a spinning moire wheel inside. The screen lights up, but doesn't change. There's also a button to "hail" the tricorder a little later where it either gets attacked or just finds something. I do like the Spock lines, they're almost uniformly clear and solid, but I wish there were a few more tricorder sound effects going on to balance that out. The straps are adjustable in an unusual way but it works well. The lid flips open to turn the lights and sounds on, there's a door beneath which opens to reveal faux data tapes (it's a single panel) and the spinning moire. And below that is a larger door which hinges out, it's supposed to only hinge out about 30 degrees but the stops aren't very effective so it often goes well past which doesn't look so nice. Inside are the removable hand scanner which I'll get to in a moment, and 2 more racks of "data tape" panels. This panel hinges open to reveal the try-me/power switch and the battery hatch, and without care it's quite easy to remove the panel accidentally.

Finally, the hand scanner is a small cylinder with rumply grip-style rubber and a very obvious on-off switch. Hit the switch and a small LED in the end cycles between red, blue, green, and then combinations of them, first cycling in fading in and out, then blinking between them, alternating back and forth. The switch as mentioned is too obvious, but the build quality also shows seams too much, the rubber grip on mine is cut unevenly, and the battery hatch is too obvious; oh, and it rattles around loose inside the tricorder. I definitely wish they had included the medical scanner from the EE-exclusive instead, that thing rules.

All in all, this is a keen set but as usual the MSRP is stupid-high. There are some flaws, but none really damn it. It's a great-looking item and pretty much will satisfy any need for a prop replica, yet it's still got playability. It is too lightweight though, and the hand scanner doesn't deliver as well as the rest, but overall it's another win for DST/AA Trek Tech.

Tycho
01-05-2010, 09:26 AM
TOS Kang is just sitting at my TRU. One of them anyway. He's Klinging-on. :D

They got in a lot of old (new) Playmates figures from the 2009 movie and have them on clearance, as Spock is finally back on the pegs.

Jayspawn
01-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Well I'm glad that somebody found Kang. He's a no-show at my stores so far.

Tycho
01-05-2010, 11:17 AM
I got Kang about over a month ago. This is a new one that's shown up - and hasn't sold.

I think it's dimished faith in the DS line, not lack of interest in the character - or Klingons for that matter.

The big push in Star Trek is for TOS (or its Chris Pine reboot).

This hurts a bit to a major Trek enthusiast like myself.

For ENTERPRISE - I still wanted Hoshi and Phlox, and Xindi figures at the least.

For THE NEXT GENERATION - Duras could have been very cool, besides a Romulan trooper, and a Reman trooper.

For DEEP SPACE NINE - my list would take over this entire page. But we both know there's a lot to be done, starting with the release of Dukat, along with Kira in a Bajoran uniform, and Quark to be sure. Then Dominion army builders up the yin-yang and so on...

For VOYAGER - I'm not terribly concerned right now - let's get the other Treks done. Deep Space Nine especially (no I will never shut-up about that!)

And for PLAYMATES TOYS TREK 2009 - Let's get Wave 2 out there.

There also needs to be a Wave 3:

Kirk in civilian (biker) clothes
Kirk in Delta-Vega snow gear
Old Spock in Delta-Vega snow gear
McCoy in civilian clothes (with whiskey)
Scotty in Delta-Vega snow gear
Uhura in duty uniform (it's really close to her cadet outfit for the galaxy asst.)
Captain Pike in Academy Uniform
Romulan miner troop builder figure

This would sort of do it for me for this movie. I'm not interested in USS Kelvin figures.

vger
01-05-2010, 03:20 PM
And for PLAYMATES TOYS TREK 2009 - Let's get Wave 2 out there.

There also needs to be a Wave 3:

Kirk in civilian (biker) clothes
Kirk in Delta-Vega snow gear
Old Spock in Delta-Vega snow gear
McCoy in civilian clothes (with whiskey)
Scotty in Delta-Vega snow gear
Uhura in duty uniform (it's really close to her cadet outfit for the galaxy asst.)
Captain Pike in Academy Uniform
Romulan miner troop builder figure

This would sort of do it for me for this movie. I'm not interested in USS Kelvin figures.

I like your wave 3 list. I think Playmates said they had Delta Vega Scotty and Kirk sculpted already, so hopefully they'll turn up somehow, along with wave 2.

I wouldn't mind George Kirk and maybe Captain Robau from the Kelvin, but I'd rather see the figures from your list first.

A shuttlecraft would have made a great vehicle, but I don't see Playmates releasing one without a movie being in theaters.

Tycho
01-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Well Trek 09 is definitely going to have a sequel and more movies made with this crew.

In the sequel, Lt. Sulu is going to attempt to get to White Castle :D

clone157
01-05-2010, 08:44 PM
So, has anyone heard if the remaining pieces of the bridge playset are coming out? I need to know whether or not to try to replace the missing pieces with the current ones still out on clearance. Does anyone else think that a line of just bridge pieces would sell? I would love to recreate the bridges of the Ent-D or E.

Tycho
01-05-2010, 10:53 PM
So, has anyone heard if the remaining pieces of the bridge playset are coming out? I need to know whether or not to try to replace the missing pieces with the current ones still out on clearance. Does anyone else think that a line of just bridge pieces would sell? I would love to recreate the bridges of the Ent-D or E.

I would get the bridge pieces with the clearanced figures right now.

It would be cheap.

Target figures for headswaps, too:

- Kirk & Cadet Chekov make Cadet Kirk and Ensign Chekov with headswaps.

- Spock & Cadet McCoy make Dr. McCoy and you have some extra parts for a custom Spock, which you might want to hold off on painting for a little while anyway. You can always use the Cadet McCoy's body with another action figure's head to make "a random dude."

You can also buy these same 4 figures over again, and save a complete crew for the next movie (also picking up another Spock, Kirk, Uhura, Sulu, and Scotty to NOT customize. Use their bridge parts, too.

They'll never sell the bridge parts by themselves I'm guessing.

Jayspawn
01-06-2010, 12:56 PM
I still know a bunch of people looking for Kang and havnt found him. They should have added more of him per case.

Tycho
01-26-2010, 06:00 PM
I have a letter from Playmates Toys saying they have no buyers to ship the next wave of Star Trek 2009 products to.

They are sorry and will look for a way to get their planned product out in the future.

Luckily I can advance my bridge with parts from extra figures I bought on clearance to customize:

Spock + Cadet McCoy = blue shirt McCoy
Kirk + Chekov = yellow shirt Chekov, cadet Kirk (2 figures)

It makes "Captain Chekov," but I'm not worried about that.

= 4 more bridge sets.

Old Fossil
01-26-2010, 08:20 PM
I have a letter from Playmates Toys saying they have no buyers to ship the next wave of Star Trek 2009 products to.

They are sorry and will look for a way to get their planned product out in the future.

That's too bad. This could have been a great line if the figure quality had been better. These things are rotting at Wal-Mart, and I saw some today at Big Lots, where it looks like they will be the token "traditional" action figure line for the next couple of years.

What a shame.:(

Tycho
01-27-2010, 12:29 AM
We can always hope Playmates brings the line back out - with Wave 2 as well as a Wave 3 from the next movie when that's ready to go.

The movie end of things is only just beginning.

But Playmates could change the size, quality, or anything by that point.

I don't know how long they'll have the license.

However, for some of the figures:

McCoy in blue
Chekov in yellow

They will definitely be recurring in the next movie, most likely.

As for two cool ones I really want:

Kirk in Skydive gear
Sulu in Skydive gear

I really worry about these making it out.

I also don't know if Kirk in black shirt will arrive - but that's probable.

Sarek? The Romulan General? Keenser?

What about the Delta-Vega beasts? Those were nice-looking toys and I want them! They were in the 7" line, and Chekov and McCoy will surely need to make it out in that line if the size continues to be offered.

Old Fossil
02-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Here's a shot of my Trek Mego's. I'm doing some reorganizing and decided to take a picture of these guys before they go into storage for a while.

Kirk, Spock, and Scotty are original Type 2's (with plastic pegs at the joints), while Bones is a Type 1 (metal pegs). The packages in the background are Kirk's and Spock's originals. They are complete vintage, with the exception of Bones' communicator and Scotty's foil Starfleet logo.

The Andorian science officer in the background is an easy custom from the Emce line of re-Mego's.

Jayspawn
02-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Nice Megos there Old Fossil!

Still can't find Kang anywhere at TRU. Some of Mirror Kirk and Spocks though. Don't think that TRU's got this wave in plenty as Diamond says.

jedibear
02-13-2010, 12:04 AM
The discount chain "Big Lots" is clearancing out Star Trek movie figures in a big way...$3 a pop for the small ones and $5 each for the bigger ones. They had a lot of 'em...

Jayspawn
03-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Good place to get some for customs then.

Ok, I totally missed the ball on Kang. I cant find him anywhere, and my TRUs for the moment have scaled back their Trek selection.

Darth Duranium
03-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Came across the cancelled 3-3/4" Spock Academy Instructor figure on eBay. Pic below:

LTBasker
03-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Welp, fortunately DST's Trek line still has a slight bit of breath left in it. The wave of figures (Kirk, Romulan Centurion, Scotty) that was supposed to be TRU's fourth wave, which they canceled on, were apparently in production when they backed out. So, they're getting released - limited to 1000 cases. BBTS currently has them for pre-order:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC11376&mode=retail

Alter Ego Comics also has them, and NewForceComics will be putting up their preorder option(s) soon. No idea if anybody's going to be offering individuals yet, so right now they're only available as a set of three.

If you're nervous about preordering due to DST's history of cancellations, keep in mind these - unlike the previous canceled product - are actually in production.

Tycho
03-27-2010, 05:30 PM
And LTBasker, if you pre-order them, you aren't charged until they ship anyway. So "invisible figures" will be charged an "invisible price."

Meanwhile, today at TRU I found McFarlane has produced super-articulated Major League Baseball action figures! There's only a handful, but they make two variations of every player except for pitchers:

On the defense with a molded ballcap and glove on them.

On the offense with a molded batting helmet on them, but the bat is packed in so you can add it or have them as a baserunner.

They are 3 3/4" I think, so there are no Deep Space Nine figures that you can use to make customs unless you want them to look like bobble heads. Plus, the Giants, Red Sox, Phillies, Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, Cardinals, and Mariners that they make are not the Niners. (And I am insulted that they don't make any San Diego Padres figures yet. But I'm writing McFarlane my 2 cents about that!)

However, you certainly can set up a baseball diamond using the Playmates Galaxy assortment figures if you want to put those heads on the MLB bodies. I think the size is pretty close. But using a dremol to clear out the ball player heads, you can then put baseball caps onto Star Trek figures.

Yet we need 3 3/4" DS9 figures to do this correctly.

Then a sweet diorama would be a baseball diamond with all the Niners on the field and a Logician batting (use Spock's head).

Anyway, when I write McFarlane I'll inquire if they are going to be making any San Diego Padres. If I need to, I'll customize my whole team once I get the body and the uniform sculpted. They don't have a Star Trek license, so we can forget them making the Niners (I think, but maybe I should ask).

LTBasker
03-28-2010, 03:47 PM
And LTBasker, if you pre-order them, you aren't charged until they ship anyway. So "invisible figures" will be charged an "invisible price."

Indeed, I just wish they could go into an invisible storage so that I could believe that I really have space left. :p

They are 3 3/4" I think, so there are no Deep Space Nine figures that you can use to make customs unless you want them to look like bobble heads. Plus, the Giants, Red Sox, Phillies, Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, Cardinals, and Mariners that they make are not the Niners. (And I am insulted that they don't make any San Diego Padres figures yet. But I'm writing McFarlane my 2 cents about that!)

McF's small figures are actually around the 4" size, which obviously isn't that much help in regard to DST's figures, but there are the 4.5" Playmates ones. You might want to check into that, especially since DST's figures wouldn't give you a Quark or Rom anyways.

I'm sure they'll get to the Padres, they just have to get through the teams people want. :p I kid, I kid. Don't hurt me! lol

Tycho
03-28-2010, 06:44 PM
In the 3rd paragraph, this post will be about Star Trek. Anyway...

Oklahoma doesn't even have a pro-baseball team in the whole state!

By the way, you might want to become a Padre fan in that case - we are so solid coming out of pre-season - this is going to be our year! Our pitching is now really organized and highly rated. And we've stolen twice the amount of bases as any ball team in both leagues! The Padres are now taking applications for new fans.

Now good point about Trek! I hadn't thought about acquiring some of the old Playmates figures from the 90's for headsculpts to make my DS9 ball team.

I own all of them - and multiples in some case - but I don't want to damage my own personal Playmates Trek collection.

I bet the DS9 figures might be found cheap enough to customize onto baseball figures. Their heads would be a bit large though. Still, it's going to be funny-looking anyway. (Worf and Quark in baseball uniforms).

The other thing is that I'm not a painter. I don't do good custom work like that. If I did, I might as well just use Playmates 90's 5 7/8" figures for the bodies (without removing heads) and paint baseball uniforms onto the existing Playmates DS9 figures. I'd have to watch that episode or dig up pics online to even remember what the Niner uniforms looked like.

LTBasker
03-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Ah Tycho, I actually don't follow baseball. Loved playing the sport, but could never get into being a fan of a team I wasn't on. Was just poking a bit of fun. :D

Jayspawn
04-04-2010, 12:59 AM
I'm still ticked that DST cancelled the Yeoman Rand wave. She's been on my wishlist forever!

Tycho
04-04-2010, 04:22 PM
So where can you order the Romulan wave?

Kirk as a Romulan?
The Romulan Commander?

Are they making the Romulan Centurion?

I thought I ordered these from NewForce before, but they might have cancelled my order if they thought they were never going to get these figures.

Darth Duranium
04-13-2010, 04:36 PM
From CoolToyReview:

The Ultimate 3 3/4" Action Figure Collection

Hasbro has put their Star Wars and Indiana Jones creative team to task to bring the same quality we saw in those two lines to the new Star Trek collection. Collectors should expect to see the same scale, detail, and articulation seen in the above mentioned lines. Each assortment will offer collectors a different uniformed version of the main crew along with one or two villains.

The SRP is roughly $8.

Ice Creatures with Figure

There are two ice creature figures in development including the Drakoulias Vs. Kirk and the Hengrauggi Vs. Spock.

The SRP is roughly $20.

Role Play

Geared towards the kids, Hasbro will be offering a selection of cool role play toys including the Federation Phaser, Romulan Phaser, Federation Communicator, Sulu's Sword, and in the spirit of the Hulk hands, Kirk Hands.

The SRP is varies from $15-$30.

Interesting...

El Chuxter
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Wasn't this an April Fool's prank?

JediTricks
04-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Yes, that was an April Fools gag.

Darth Duranium
04-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Crap. :cry:

I guess the Kirk hands should have twigged something.

El Chuxter
04-13-2010, 07:28 PM
I didn't catch the Kirk Hands, which could be funny. They should've had an attached video of a kid with ridiculous big foam rubber fists, and, whenever he hits something, you hear Shatner's voice yelling, "KHAAAAAAAAN!!!!"

LTBasker
04-13-2010, 07:29 PM
So where can you order the Romulan wave?

Kirk as a Romulan?
The Romulan Commander?

Are they making the Romulan Centurion?

I thought I ordered these from NewForce before, but they might have cancelled my order if they thought they were never going to get these figures.

The Romulan Centurion is the one in this wave. The one you had already pre-ordered, you may be thinking of wave 5 with McCoy, Chapel, Rand, Salt Vampire and this Kirk, but that's not the wave that's up for preorder now. In fact, wave 5 is on hold indefinitely or plain ol' canceled depending on what the cosmic alignment causes DST Chuck to say.

You can pre-order the Romulan wave in a few places, but BBTS and NFC seem to be the most popular.

http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=NFCC&Category_Code=classfigs - either buy a set, or a case which is two sets.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC11376&mode=retail - one set (they had previous raised their price to $39.99, and it was pre-sold out for a bit, but it's back to $37.99 and they're available for pre-order again)

You can also pre-order the Kirk and Romulan individually now.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC11384&mode=retail - Kirk
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC11385&mode=retail - Romulan

Tycho
04-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks Basker!

JediTricks
04-13-2010, 11:03 PM
I didn't catch Kirk Hands either, that's kinda funny. What about Spock Hands though?

Tycho
05-07-2010, 12:06 AM
So I pre-ordered the Diamond / AA Romulan.

Maybe I should order more than 1 of him? I'm considering...

Are there any other Diamond / AA figures that are new?

The Salt Vampire (M-113) is still not happening, right?

The 2009 movie figures (Playmates wave 2) in either size were never available, right?

There is a Kang sitting in my Toys R Us (but I already have him).

Gul Dukat never made it to release, right?

The newer Borgs with alcoves didn't either, huh?

What is the state of the toy licenses? (with either company?)

What is the status of the next Star Trek (Christopher Pine) movie?

Darth Duranium
05-10-2010, 05:51 PM
As of March 9th, there's still no script or director confirmed, Tycho... but the cast is signed on for 2 more films so it's a matter of time. The same guys are writing the sequel.
Playmates has no plans for more Trek products right now... no idea what's gonna happen with their license. The other waves of figs and the Mini-ships are cancelled and none will be made available to the fans, despite earlier statements from Playmates. Sad.

BTW, did you know that R2-D2 appears in Star Trek XI? I love stuff like that. :pleased: Here's a screen grab of him as he drifts by... I added the arrow and inset pic:

Darth Windu
05-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Tycho, in answer to your questions:

Only if you want more.
Nope.
Correct.
Probably not.
Maybe his legs are tired from standing.
Correct.
As far as I know, no.
AA/DST - no new figures, some new ships. Playmates - nothing new.
As DH says, will happen, but no real news.

:)

LTBasker
08-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Hey guys, it's time to dust the cobwebs off the thread, DST actually released something! ...ON TIME! The ex-TRU wave with the Romulan/Kirk/Scotty have been making their way to companies' warehouses, but BBTS had'em pretty quick and people have already received them.

To see some loose pics, check here:
http://www.trektoy.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=2507&view=findpost&p=54138
http://www.trektoy.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=2507&view=findpost&p=54185

Carded pics: http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/06/star-trek-the-series-5/

Also, the trio of Kirk-related 2-packs are still shown on the shipping list for next month. It was doubtful they'd actually see release, but they showed off packaged pics of all three yesterday. Looks like we may actually see release of these too!

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/08/behold-the-power-of-the-dilithium-collection/

'Course, the most significant thing is that the WNMHGB Kirk/Spock actually come with the laser pistol and transparent body communicator that they used in both pilots. Looks like each set will be numbered out of 1,701 as well.

JediTricks
08-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Wow, that's crazy. They finally released product! Nice catch on those laser pistols and communicators from the pilot.

Tycho
08-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Good news and bad news for me.

The good news is that I will finally be able to get TOS Romulan and a Kirk as a Romulan figure and extra Spock to go with him.

The bad news is that I'll have to dig through an archived "orders e-mail folder" to find out who I ordered these figures from and if they are going to be able to fulfill them.

I definitely don't have time to do this right now. Possibly in the next couple of days though.

I also still want an M113 Salt Vampire figure from TOS. Is there any chance?

LTBasker
08-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Hopefully there's still a chance, they've flopped back and forth from saying Saltie, Rand, Chapel and arm-naturel McCoy are canceled, on hiatus or "looking for a way to release them." I think there's a good chance of it if the Romulan wave and the new 2-packs do well, though.

Tycho
08-31-2010, 01:05 AM
Well, the only figure that I wanted which I cannot find my order confirmation for is the "Mark Leonard" Romulan which someone in this thread found me a single-order link for. (That is, I didn't have to get him with Scotty and another figure I already had multiples of).

I will look for that link and hopefully will be able to confirm I have this figure coming, as it's actually more important to me than the Kirk as a Romulan set, though I want the Salt Vampire equally bad.

UPDATE: It was BigBadToyStore that sold the Romulan separately. Hopefully they'll honor those pre-orders.

And you, Basker, found him for me. Thanks. I hope BBTS' order pays off! I'd love to get that figure.

MOST WANTED STAR TREK FIGURES:

DIAMOND -

Enterprise:

Xindi Reptillian
Hoshi Duty Uniform
Phlox Duty Uniform
Reed E/V Suit

TOS:

TNG:

DS9:

Gul Dukat
Garack
Kira Bajoran Uniform
Quark
Weyoun
Jem Hadar

Voyager:

PLAYMATES TOYS:

Delta Vega snow beast creature
Delta Vega crab creature
Kirk Orbital Skydive
Sulu Orbital Skydive
Romulan General
Spock Academy Uniform
Pike in Academy Uniform
Kirk Street Clothes
McCoy Street Clothes
Kirk in black utilities
Old Spock in Delta Vega cold weather gear
Kirk in Delta Vega cold weather gear
Scotty in Delta Vega cold weather gear
Scotty's little alien friend
Sarek
Amanda

I customized the appropriate McCoy and Chekov figures in their OS duty uniforms already, as well as Kirk in Academy Uniform. But they could sell them if they had a market for it.

And ditto this list for the 7" figures.

I also want them to make the Romulan Ship and Spock's time ship that can hold one figure, and a shuttle craft that can hold 4 figures.

Tycho
09-08-2010, 06:23 PM
There seems to be a hitch with my order from BigBadToyStore for TOS Romulan by himself.

They closed the pre-order sale of him "solo" and still sell the group with Scotty and Kirk (though I have those figures, and duplicates of them to boot, most likely).

I hope I get him. I really want that Romulan in my collection!

LTBasker
09-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Weird, maybe they haven't gotten their complete shipment yet and are waiting on that to fulfill individual Romulan orders?

Tycho
09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Customer Service has exchanged 3 e-mails with me, trying to confirm my order.

They seem to be doing their best to make sure it was registered.

Possibly they don't want to ship the Romulan individually, perhaps predicting that Kirk and Scotty would be pegwarmers because many collectors already have them.

Every once in a while though, I need a new (duplicate) crew member(s) to go with another alien for a display.

The Spock with Romulan Kirk will be useful for example. I also think that I may be able to use another McCoy, though I could already have him. I have to do a Star Trek inventory.

Tycho
09-21-2010, 06:34 AM
I got my 7" Diamond ROMULAN figure from BBTS in the mail today. He's awesome. He is dressed in the blue Romulan uniform though, as they are now showing him (the single-carded figure). Captain Kirk in the 2-pack with Spock is also in the blue Romulan uniform. However, I have a picture from SirSteve's that he took at ToyFair with a Romulan in his red uniform (presumably representing the commander played by Mark Leonard) but he is no where to be found for purchasing. WTH? I really also wanted a red Romulan uniform in my 7" collection. ???

I want THIS Romulan shown below!

[EDIT] This is not a simple alternate paint job btw: my Romulan figure is a helmeted soldier, not a new hat-less head sculpt like this figure below. Also, my Romulan is wearing gloves cut to allow his fingers to be bare. This figure below has entirely different hands, sculpted with full gloves on.

I only hope there is a way to get the figure pictured here. McCoy, Rand, and Chappel were all cancelled (I wasn't interested in them anyway - I want more alien figures and crazy items like NOMAD and the Horta, not to mention the long-wanted Salt Vampire, Rock the Android, and that girl-android in the skimpy outfit from the same episode (then maybe I'll want Christine Chappel too).

Anyway, what happened to THIS red-cloaked Romulan?

LTBasker
09-21-2010, 07:28 PM
The Mark Lenard Romulan hasn't been slotted for any sort of release, it was shown off at Toy Fair for potential marketing but apparently nobody wanted him. They're "working" on finding a way to release him, though. The Romulan that was recently released was always meant to be the generic soldier with the blue shawl and helmet... Since that was supposed to be TRU's 4th wave, DST may have been hoping they would release the Commander in TRU's 5th wave. But, since TRU is out of the picture, who knows.

Sorry man, I thought you knew it wasn't the Lenard Romulan.

Tycho
09-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Oh, I love having the soldier! I'd have wanted a generic Romulan if they didn't make him already.

I want the Commander (Mark Leonard) too.

You can't have enough Romulans or Klingons unless your a Starfleet Officer ;)

Then again, Kirk and Spock like their women. :thumbsup: (Well, Chekov likes the Klingon girls actually).

So Toys R Us will no longer be carrying Diamond Star Trek?! WTH?

Why? There are pegs full of Playmates Star Trek, but nothing indicating there's any trouble with Diamond's.

From Diamond TOS Trek, I still want:

NOMAD
Horta
Salt Vampire
Rock the Android
the girl-android in the skimpy outfit from the same episode
then maybe Christine Chappel

These figures will never get done unless Diamond starts selling more, I guess.

I know Kirk, Spock, McCoy all sell better. So - while I don't personally want these again (I have the Playmates '90's versions) - the Tholian Web EV suited figures would work. The McCoy in his short sleeves is a good idea. They also could do more TOS Movie figures, including still more from WOK.

And I've already posted too many times what I wanted from other Star Trek crews.

And Diamond should get the new movie license if Playmates has given up on it. I want the Delta Vega beast creatures and Kirk and Scotty in their snow gear, and Sulu and Kirk in their orbital skydive battle gear.

LTBasker
10-08-2010, 12:35 PM
DST released even more Trek figures! So far the 2-packs have been showing up with Romulan Kirk & Spock, and Kirk & Gorn. The WNMHGB 2-pack seems to be lagging behind. Although annoyingly these are being pushed up to $30 each in some places. >_<

Loose pics of the Rom. Kirk and Spock pack can be seen here: http://www.apieceoftheaction.net/2010/10/aa-dst-spotlight-captain-james-t-kirk.html

In other news, Mattel apparently had a lot of "1:50" scale ships coming down the pipe behind the clog of lame "battle damage" repaints and these have actually found release at CostCo in a huge pack with a Star Trek Scene It game.

For $80, you get:
-Scene It
-Enterprise NX-01
-Narada
-Enterprise-A (Battle Damaged, "-A" actually present on the hull)
-TOS Enterprise
-U.S.S. Saratoga (Star Trek IV, not Sisko's)
-HMS Bounty

And the ships are in full retail packaging, you can see pics of some of them from this seller: http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-WHEELS-STAR-TREK-ORIGINAL-USS-ENTERPRISE-NCC-1701-/180570858931?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0adca5b3

Tycho
10-08-2010, 04:41 PM
There were no pics of the Narada that I could find from that link. :(

Could you copy and paste one?

JediTricks
10-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Wow, that's insane about the Mattel ships being liquidated! If I wanted ANY of those, I'd probably track that set down (and someone with a costco membership), but none are blowing my mind. Crazy find though.

That seller doesn't have the Narada or HMS Bounty, nobody seems to. I haven't seen pics of the final version yet.

Tycho
10-08-2010, 04:48 PM
I want the Narada I think.

LTBasker
10-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah, no pics yet of the Narada or HMS (though I'll be surprised if there's anything to see when it's in package), but there's a thread on the TrekToy board. I'll link pics from there ASAP if anybody posts.

Tycho
10-08-2010, 05:05 PM
I found a pic on this site's thread for Small Trek Ships - or something like that. You're probably subscribed to that thread too, Basker.

LTBasker
10-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Oh yeah, that one's from Amazon. Most likely a final shot or prototype as Hiatus said, but probably close enough.

Hmm... actually, I don't think I have ever subscribed to any threads. I pretty much just read'em as I get around to them, or remember them.

Edit: Pics of the set and Narada linked in the small ships thread.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=737142&postcount=816

Tycho
10-25-2010, 05:43 PM
My Kirk as a Romulan / Spock 2-pack from "The Enterprise Incident" arrived today!

(from NewForceComics)

It was so good to get new Star Trek figures again.

Do you guys think TOS has been tapped really well for this line? (We need that Salt Vampire for sure!)

I really want them to finish DS9 to at least Kira in Bajoran Uniform, Quark, and that Gul Dukat figure they went so far as to create a sample for. We also need a Jem Hadar figure at least, and Weyoun couldn't hurt.

And I still really want a Reptilian Xindi from Enterprise, as he'd make an awesome figure. Don't you agree?

Those Borgs could see release, too.

Spectre o'the Phaser
11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Is anybody gonna get this?

http://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/kirk_gallery.html

The figure looks absolutely great; except for the face which looks very little like Kirk. :tired: Still, if you cover up the eyes it's a pretty good likeness; and the best likeness of Kirk in any figure/statue to date, in my opinion. Puts Sideshow to shame. And had they used a matte finish for the clothes it would have been that much better.

Darth Duranium
11-08-2010, 07:15 PM
He looks a little like Matt Damon to me, which is kinda interesting cuz he was up for the Kirk role in the JJ film but was too old, apparently.

I guess it's hard to capture the true essence of The Shat. :)

BTW, how's the MR Ent display case coming?

Snowtrooper
11-23-2010, 10:08 PM
I managed to snag the Romulan soldier today at Hastings video store. He was $14.99, which I didn't think was a bad price since it would cost more if you figure shipping into an online order. Looks pretty damn good!!

Tycho
11-24-2010, 02:27 AM
I managed to snag the Romulan soldier today at Hastings video store. He was $14.99, which I didn't think was a bad price since it would cost more if you figure shipping into an online order. Looks pretty damn good!!

You're exactly right - about everything. You DID get a good deal (it's the average price, plus you didn't pay shipping) and the Romulan Soldier does look really cool.

I really hope they offer the Romulan Commander (Mark Leonard, pre-Sarek days) that they showed a prototype of at one of the Toy Fairs.

Snowtrooper
11-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I'll be real disappointed if they don't release the commander. The pics looked really sweet.

LTBasker
11-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Do you guys think TOS has been tapped really well for this line? (We need that Salt Vampire for sure!)

There is still a lot they could make, but yeah, it pretty much has been pretty thoroughly tapped. But... there are still several I want to see...

I really want them to finish DS9 to at least Kira in Bajoran Uniform, Quark, and that Gul Dukat figure they went so far as to create a sample for. We also need a Jem Hadar figure at least, and Weyoun couldn't hurt.

I'd love to get all those, along with Garak. It's going to take a miracle, though.

And I still really want a Reptilian Xindi from Enterprise, as he'd make an awesome figure. Don't you agree?

I didn't care for the Xindi but as an action figure, yeah, he'd probably be pretty awesome. I'd like to see at least one MACO figure, as well.

Those Borgs could see release, too.

Definitely, but I know we'll never see'em. At this point I'm just hoping they wise up and release the huge alcove as a bank.

I really hope they offer the Romulan Commander (Mark Leonard, pre-Sarek days) that they showed a prototype of at one of the Toy Fairs.

Everybody and their dog seem to want the Commander, although I'm suspicious of the latter's interest. Despite the anticipation for him, DST seems to be dragging their feet on the idea of releasing him, even though now he's just a new head and a repaint rather than a whole new figure basically just like Kang.

Of course, even the Romulan Soldier has been incredibly popular but DST's response seems to be as though people just barely bought enough for it to be noteworthy. Nevermind the fact that it's actually astonishing that people not only started preordering again, but they even did it despite having to buy a Scotty rerelease. :rolleyes:

Tycho
11-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Oh. And the M-113 Salt Vampire I've been waiting for years to purchase.

LTBasker
11-24-2010, 06:02 PM
At this point they should release an all villain wave with the Salt Vampire, Romulan Commander and a repainted Kor to match Kang.

Tycho
11-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Koloth is still missing from the Klingons. But how I'd like a generic Klingon for diorama purposes.

For me, there still is setting scenes up as being the main attraction to the whole toy hobby.

I can appreciate seeing different, cool, stuff - but I have less appreciation for
"Megatron vs. Kang vs. Luke vs. Marcus Wright" or even Captain Archer vs. Shinzon vs Khan.

I'm just not into displays like that (for myself) so I want army-builders no matter what the genre - from T-600's to Zombi Geonosians.

Generic Klingons are no exception. This is a cause for WHY I really, really appreciate the Romulan Soldier figure!!! (now I only bought 2 of them, but they really could use Mark Leonard as their commander, and I'd buy 2 more of the soldiers if they also made "Spock's girlfriend," the lady Romulan commander - in her uniform, not the evening dress).

Tycho
12-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Here's how Star Trek should have ended! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbJ-y6BWfUc&feature=related)

Too funny!

Tycho
02-04-2011, 08:38 PM
So will Toy Fair reveal any more new Star Trek figures?

LTBasker
10-17-2012, 05:37 PM
So, there's been quite a few developments this year for DST's Trek stuff. Aside from their pair of upcoming "Select" figures (Kirk and Spock), they have a slew of ships currently in production. Right now they're working on the Enterprise-B, both Excelsiors, the Klingon Bird of Prey, a revamp to the Enterprise-E and other rereleases. The Ent-B and Klingon Bird of Prey should hopefully be out December/January.

The big news, though, is that while "they're working on..." is pretty typical to say about DST, they've been keeping the fans posted on the progress of the new ships. The latest progress report is a test shot of the K-BoP to show off the lights, sounds, and the wing positions of Chang's Klingon Bird of Prey.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4280844371690
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4220144614234&set=vb.170392609671671&type=2 - Similar video of the Enterprise-B, which is also in prototype packaging.

Tycho
10-18-2012, 05:37 AM
Cool. Thanks for sharing Basker.

I'd be in the market for Voyager and the Defiant, at probably Hallmark ornament sizes, to go in scale with my DST Enterprise collection and (scale) Hot Wheels Klingon BoP.

In other news, Spock and the Horta (as well as Khan vs. Kirk) are available for pre-order. Were these the figures you referred to Basker?

They're made from the figures and rumored to include full articulated bodies, but also half-bodies to position them in the diorama action poses shown. But I was never certain of this information being factual. I think I remember hearing of it.

LTBasker
10-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah, those are the new Select figures. They do include alternate body parts, but none can make a fully articulated figure. Basically they're looking to include an average of 1 torso, 1 pair of articulated arms, 2 heads, 2 pairs of hands, and 2 pairs of pre-posed legs. In Spock's case, one pair of legs has him on a knee, and the other pair has him standing. Kirk has a pair of standing legs, and a pair of mid-flight kick legs. They said in a Q&A that they're designing the legs to be compatible with each figure so you can have more options, though.

They're really trying to distance these a bit from the previous TOS line. Not only is there the limited articulation, but the Select line also scales the TOS characters up to the sizes used by the previous TNG/DS9 lines. They also said in a Q&A that there is a third Select planned already, and it's not a TOS charater.

Here's a video showing off Kirk: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=458154710895458&set=vb.170392609671671&type=2
And a look at Spock: http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2012/08/star-trek-select-is-the-next-generation-of-trek-collectibles/#more-7334

Tycho
10-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Not a TOS figure?

Hmmm. I want to speculate:

Enterprise - not likely at all. But I totally want Mayweather's bridge station and Reptillian Xindi, amongst some other stuff like Hoshi and Phlox in regular duty uniforms.

Voyager - barely likely. Janeway versus the MacroVirus would make for really cool diorama display though.

For one not having any main character (from Voyager), the Borg versus Species 8472 would be awesome! I mean REALLY awesome!

They also had those Borg alcoves finished which were never released. Something with Seven of Nine and Captain Janeway could be possible. The Borg defined Voyager in the final seasons. The Queen would be something else (as well as a TNG possibility.

Deep Space Nine: Worf will take the cake for me for TNG or DS9, as he battles Gowron or Duras. That would be sweet!

I think that since they sculpted Dukat and never released him, Sisko versus Dukat could be rather likely, though DS9 is not their next most popular Trek after TOS. However, it was popular enough that they sold through their DS9 figures.

Sisko and Dukat have high probabilities.

Now Odo shapeshifting (to fight Jem Hadar?) could be something they do. Or Odo catching Quark by shape-shifting would make another popular diorama. They could even do Quark and Rom, (or Leeta) with Odo primarily being a prop piece since he'd be in the process of changing. DUDE: that could look very cool.

TNG is the very most likely thing they'd do. As I mentioned, the Borg alcoves were done and never released to my knowledge. Even making Commander Shelby might be a popular way to go.

The Borg Queen and Picard and Data in battle with her during First Contact would be very sweet.

Worf and Duras was already mentioned as a good choice.

2nd Season Riker and a Klingon from the exchange program?

Worf and K'Ehlar? Maybe a holodeck opponent like Skull-face?

OK, look: it's not likely going to be Troi, Crusher, or Laforge.

So what would they do with Data? He's always been one of Next Gen's most popular? The Stellar Cartography lab with him and Picard from Generations?

Speaking of Generations? Kirk and Picard with Soran on the bridge when Kirk dies?

Or Nemesis: Riker versus the Reman Viceroy?

Of course you can go Data and The Borg.

By the way, if they made ALL the Borg ideas I mentioned, I would not get sick of them. However, if they continued beyond that - and there's like about 10 different ideas I suggested? - then I'd get really sick of them really fast.

The Reptillian Xindi from Enterprise still remains as one of the coolest designs for aliens that DST could make, too.

Tycho
11-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Sinse they are doing TOS,

McCoy and the M-113 Salt Vampire - so we get her finally!
Uhura under attack by Nomad
Scotty vs Klingon 1st Officer (Trouble with Tribbles)
Sulu vs. tiger (Shoreleave - yes a real tiger would be a stunning sculpt)
Chekov vs. Klingon female (Day of the Dove)
Andorian vs. Tellarite (Journey to Babel)
Kirk and Rock the Android
Spock and Romulan Commander
McCoy vs Mugato (Private Little War)
Kirk and Spock as Gangsters (A Piece of the Action)

movies:

STMP: Spock in thruster suit, Kirk in spacesuit chasing him
ST2 Checkov in Spacesuit vs. Khan
ST3 Kirk kicking Kruuge off ledge into lava (or in fight with him)
ST3 Scotty shooting Klingon
ST4: Sulu in helicopter cockpit
ST4 Spock with whale (partial maybe due to size issue)
ST5: Kirk in SF Rescue Gear vs cat girl (with 3 of 'em) in bar
ST5: Spock in SF Rescue Gear on horse
ST5: Uhura dancing in the night (I assume they'd make her "decently clothed")
ST6: Kirk, McCoy, Martia (3 figures in snow gear, no set piece save for ice base)
ST6: Scotty vs Col. West in Klingon Disguise
ST6: Kirk vs. prison alien

LTBasker
01-10-2013, 10:09 AM
The DST Klingon Bird of Prey has finally made it out, and the Enterprise-B will be following along shortly. Found a review on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96z1PGOzqpY

My only issue, so far without having it in hand myself, is that the video shows the disruptors are on with the lights always-on feature. It looks a bit weird, but kind of a minor nit. I think the wings should be a bit more angled rather than completely level during "flight" mode, but it looks far closer than Mattel's wing poses.

IIRC, DST has said there are three versions planned so far. One for Kruge, one for Chang, and one for TVH with an alternate battery cover that has the landing gear deployed.

JediTricks
01-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the video review, I had no idea this was out or even realistically coming. I am pretty sure the little hole he found is the reset button and not a missing piece, the cover of the torpedo bay on the BOP actually looks enough like an LED that it'd have been reasonable for them to try to pass that off. Prices I'm seeing right now are $55 and up, which is pretty steep but might be reasonable in person. The idea of 3 versions though is quite frustrating, I want one now but I want the TVH version more and don't want to drop $110+ for them.

Ent-B looks interesting, but I so much would rather wait for the Excelsior.

The wings on flight mode are completely level in TVH, in other areas they are raised like landing mode seen on the toy.

LTBasker
01-10-2013, 09:41 PM
It is pretty shocking that it's ACTUALLY out, I really thought at one point that DST was done with being able to release anything Trek. It didn't seem like they could get [b]anything[/] out. It seems they've learned from it rather than just making excuses finally, and/or must have gotten money from CBS last year to get more Trek product out this year. They even mentioned on facebook that they now have an entire team for Quality Control, rather than... I guess... a chimpanzee and two trainees.

NewForceComics will have the K-BoP for $50, but S&H is estimated at $10-15 depending on where you are.

I believe the Excelsiors and the rerelease of the Enterprise-E are next, I'm sure DST will be posting plenty production sample pics when those get further along so can't wait for that. Also, it's been hinted that their Enterprise-E rerelease might come in two paint schemes, one for Nemesis and one for First Contact. Even though the model is based on the modifications done for Nemesis, it wouldn't feature any sculpted changes for the FC version.

Tycho
01-11-2013, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the update. I still got to get a "micro" Defiant (more like Action-Fleet size) and a Voyager just a little bit bigger - like the size of a G1 Transformer jet (Dirge for example).

I'm going to order Spock and the Horta soon.

I think I said I wanted:

McCoy and the Salt Vampire (finally)

Not buying Kirk and Khan. I have the regular figures.

Uhura vs. Nomad would be cool.

Even Nurse Chapel and "Rock" (the android)

Sulu?

Chekov vs. a Kligon from Day of the Dove!

Scotty vs. Koloth's First Officer (Klingon) in Trouble With Tribbles might be nice.

Anyway, I want these figure-dioramas in the McFarlane-esqe style to continue with the other Star Treks - possibly including the new movie. If Hasbro has the license for Star Trek movies now, maybe they can sub-let it like they do for 12" figures to SideShow and Gentle Giant?

JediTricks
01-11-2013, 09:28 PM
It is pretty shocking that it's ACTUALLY out, I really thought at one point that DST was done with being able to release anything Trek. It didn't seem like they could get [b]anything[/] out. It seems they've learned from it rather than just making excuses finally, and/or must have gotten money from CBS last year to get more Trek product out this year. They even mentioned on facebook that they now have an entire team for Quality Control, rather than... I guess... a chimpanzee and two trainees.

NewForceComics will have the K-BoP for $50, but S&H is estimated at $10-15 depending on where you are.

I believe the Excelsiors and the rerelease of the Enterprise-E are next, I'm sure DST will be posting plenty production sample pics when those get further along so can't wait for that. Also, it's been hinted that their Enterprise-E rerelease might come in two paint schemes, one for Nemesis and one for First Contact. Even though the model is based on the modifications done for Nemesis, it wouldn't feature any sculpted changes for the FC version.After the last 2 Comic-Con's, I also thought DST had essentially given up on releasing Trek product. I won't believe until I see it that they've learned from anything though, Diamond sucks at adapting generally, and until they hire outside reps instead of trusting factory managers in China to do the QC they're still going to have a bad turnaround - if this new team is just hiring more chinese factory workers to herald the brand it's not going to impress me.

Good ol' NewForce, too bad shipping is so high or I'd just get it from them.

I'd really like to see a workable timeline for the Excelsior and K-BOP releases, but after seeing the new packaging for the Ent-D re-release, I honestly doubt they actually have anybody working on the brand full time, that new packaging smacks of lazy.

I doubt they got money from the licensee, that's not generally how it works.

Tycho
01-13-2013, 04:15 AM
I wished Hot Wheels would do the Defiant and Voyager, maybe a few smaller Trek ships so I can kind of keep my scale thing going.

Actually, Voyager would have to be larger than anything Hot Wheels made.

LTBasker
01-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Another review of the K-BoP, this time a text one with some incredible quality close-ups. https://rborg42.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/star-trek-collection-addition-1812-diamond-selects-starship-legends-klingon-bird-of-prey/

I'd really like to see a workable timeline for the Excelsior and K-BOP releases, but after seeing the new packaging for the Ent-D re-release, I honestly doubt they actually have anybody working on the brand full time, that new packaging smacks of lazy.

The packaging is something that surprised me... The packages for the K-BoP and Ent-B aren't bad, but the Ent-D is terrible. On Facebook the DST rep has mentioned that CBS mandated a new standard packaging and that's why the Ent-D was changed, but... why not just modify what they had? Not showing off the nacelles was a bad decision, and Picard's picture looks like it's faded from sun damage.

I doubt they got money from the licensee, that's not generally how it works.

Oh ok. It does make sense that a licensor would be on their own, but I thought maybe there'd be an exception during points when the brand could be potentially hot (like during a movie year) and a licensor could get a grant from the licensee to bolster the product line.

I wished Hot Wheels would do the Defiant and Voyager, maybe a few smaller Trek ships so I can kind of keep my scale thing going.

Have you looked at the Hallmark ornament of the Defiant for an AF-sized version?

Tycho
01-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Have you looked at the Hallmark ornament of the Defiant for an AF-sized version?

No. Do you have an ordering link or eBay auction in mind? I might like this. Thanks.

JediTricks
01-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Another review of the K-BoP, this time a text one with some incredible quality close-ups. https://rborg42.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/star-trek-collection-addition-1812-diamond-selects-starship-legends-klingon-bird-of-prey/

The packaging is something that surprised me... The packages for the K-BoP and Ent-B aren't bad, but the Ent-D is terrible. On Facebook the DST rep has mentioned that CBS mandated a new standard packaging and that's why the Ent-D was changed, but... why not just modify what they had? Not showing off the nacelles was a bad decision, and Picard's picture looks like it's faded from sun damage.The K-BOP package not bad? I'm looking at the picture in that review, that has to be the all-time worst packaging I could imagine for that piece. A giant expanse of blank blue cardboard (I see it's supposed to be space, but since space isn't blue most of the time, it doesn't sell that idea), a tiny cutout showing the product, text obscuring the actual window instead of on the big nothing. If I turned in work that poor I'd be lucky to have a client afterwards. Even the picture of the toy in the upper right corner is a misstep, it's not a particularly compelling image, source art would have been better. And that package back is so simple, if this were a Micro Machines-sized toy that lack of images and text might be justified, but for a giant ship that is totally unacceptable IMO.

I didn't know that CBS mandated it, they're foolish to force this on them without helping them come up with something dynamic within the mandated concept. Also, blue in general is the poorest-selling color for product packaging. Everything about this seems like a disaster.

I just asked Steve, he's not at all into Trek, no familiarity, felt the only justification to having a window that limited would be if it was a recognizable symbol from Trek.

The list of sound effects, they only licensed 3? They didn't bother with a DEcloaking sound, or flyby sound, or any flight mode sound? It's like 3 steps forward, 2 steps back with DST every time. And they're sticking with the garbage stand top ball joint design, WHY?!?

Oh ok. It does make sense that a licensor would be on their own, but I thought maybe there'd be an exception during points when the brand could be potentially hot (like during a movie year) and a licensor could get a grant from the licensee to bolster the product line. The licensor pays fees to the licensee, usually an up-front fee and then a per-unit fee as well, there's no reason why the licensor would pay anything to the licensee that I can think of. If the licensor can't make the line keep afloat during the off-times then usually the licensee just lets the license expire and moves to another licensor who will hopefully be more successful. I don't know of any licensors so wise as to offset weak sales with their own money to ensure brand support when the market itself won't support the brand.

LTBasker
01-20-2013, 11:44 AM
All very good points. I guess I'm just less critical of the K-BoP because I'm just thrilled that it's finally out so the packaging has been the furthest thing from my mind.

No. Do you have an ordering link or eBay auction in mind? I might like this. Thanks.

I've been trying to find pictures that has it either next to an AA/DST ship or some figures, but haven't had any luck. I'm planning on digging into my ST/SW Hallmark ornaments here soon though, I'll try to snap a good picture of its scale.

JediTricks
01-20-2013, 01:29 PM
All very good points. I guess I'm just less critical of the K-BoP because I'm just thrilled that it's finally out so the packaging has been the furthest thing from my mind.I'm not being critical of the KBOP, just the awful packaging. I don't think I'll even bother saving it, and I've saved all of 'em up until now.

I hit a couple stores yesterday, no KBOPs in stock around here yet. :ermm:

I've been trying to find pictures that has it either next to an AA/DST ship or some figures, but haven't had any luck. I'm planning on digging into my ST/SW Hallmark ornaments here soon though, I'll try to snap a good picture of its scale.Amazon has the ornament for between $19 and $30 (depends on the seller), I almost picked it up for $19 with the Prime shipping but it requires so much customizing from the cables in the back and the eyelet loop on the bridge that I'm a little gunshy.

Tycho
01-21-2013, 05:52 AM
Thank you Basker and JediTricks.

I just looked the Defiant up on Amazon. Man it looks perfect, especially if it is around the Hot Wheels scale.

I assume the cables on the back are so that it lights up on a Christmas tree?

I have a Darth Vader like that (so his lightsaber lights up). I see what you mean about being wary of the cables.

When you find it Basker, I'd like to hear your opinion about removing the cables, too.

Anyone have thoughts about if and when Hot Wheels or another company might make a Defiant around this scale?

And wasn't there that Japanese company someone told me about a while ago? I just didn't have money to spend on the ship back then, and I'm not really sure I do now. Working on getting published, I have almost no toy money.

JediTricks
01-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Yeah, it's a light-up ornament. If it was just the cables, that'd be no problem, but it's the huge green gasket around them that ensures the cables don't get frayed which is IMO the real problem.

There are 2 gashapon (vending machine)-type Defiant toys from Japan, ignore these insane prices on Amazon just use them for visual reference...
the Furuta:
http://www.amazon.com/U-S-S-Defiant-NX-74205-Furuta-Star/dp/B001P50XGK/ref=sr_1_8?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1358798100&sr=1-8&keywords=uss+defiant
the F-Toys:
http://www.amazon.com/U-S-S-Defiant-NX-74205-2500-F-toys/dp/B001U6YBUI/ref=sr_1_10?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1358798100&sr=1-10&keywords=uss+defiant

Also, there's the Playmates Defiant Innerspace set that's essentially Action Fleet scale but takes liberties with the design because it's a fold-out playset:
http://www.amazon.com/Defiant-Playset-Star-Trek-Enterspace/dp/B0027EY4LI/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1358798100&sr=1-1&keywords=uss+defiant

A few years ago, Konami and Corgi were each going to do them (Konami's was to be a new gashapon, Corgi's was a die-cast) but the Trek market is in the dumps.

Tycho
01-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Thank you. I talked with the action film directions JJ Abrams is taking Star Trek that it would be more Toyota

Tycho
01-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Toyetic. Voice to text problem.

Tycho
02-23-2013, 02:09 AM
The Spock vs Horta and Kirk vs Khan figures are now available for order.

I'm just going to get Spock. I think from Entertainment Earth or maybe from Diamond Directly.

I saw it on my cell phone so I'm not currently looking at the e-tailer that I found it on.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out my dream sets from TNG (the series) and movies:

Picard vs. ?
Riker vs?
Data vs?
Worf vs. Duras - definintely!
Geordi vs?
Crusher vs?
Troi as a Romulan vs. female Romulan Commander

Now Lursa and B'Tor figures in the 7" style would look great.

I was also always interested in Geordi's "Interface" outfit being made into a figure of him.

Movie villains like Ru'Afo or Soran are possibilities.

The Borg stuff has been made, including the Queen, so I was getting away from that. Q does not make a great action pose figure for these kind of dioramas except maybe his throne from Farpoint - but that's not an action scene. Q just sits there.

What would you guys want?

DS9....

Sisko vs Jem Hadar
Kira (in Bajoran uniform) vs. Dukat
Ezri Dax vs Breen
Bashir as secret agent vs O'Brien as Falcon
Odo vs Quark (the former shapeshifting as his figure)
Jadzia Dax vs ?

Voyager...

Janeway vs Macrovirus
Chakotay vs Kazon Cullah
Tuvok vs ?
Seven of Nine vs Species 8472
Tom Paris as Captain Proton vs "his nemesis in the Captain Proton universe"
Harry Kim vs ?
The Doctor as Beowulf vs "light Grendal"
B'Elana vs Viddian

I'd like to see the Maazon maybe. Not sure who else? The Borg really go with TNG figures.

Enterprise could come back with the Xindi and I especially want a Xindi Reptillian figure and Shran and Sillik, a Klingon and Nausicaan have all already been made.

JediTricks
03-04-2013, 05:16 PM
DST has released images and videos of their upcoming Klingon Disruptor as well as the Cmdr. Kruge variant:

http://www.actionfigs.com/content.php/1521-Klingon-Disruptor-Gets-New-Packaged-Pics-Demo-Video-and-Exclusive-Variant!

It looks nice enough, but I'm not blown away by the light or sound on either, and their SRP is way higher than I'd expect for the piece in that video, but I'll reserve final judgement for when I see it at Comic-Con.

Snowtrooper
03-04-2013, 07:28 PM
I'm pretty interested in these. They look really nice, but the video doesn't really impress as far as lights and sounds go. I think the regular disruptor is on the high end of acceptable but the Kruge version will make me wonder if its worth it or not.

Snowtrooper
03-21-2013, 06:22 PM
The Kruge disruptor is in stock at BBTS. I decided to get one. Hope I'm not disappointed. The other "beak nose" style disruptor is still on preorder.

JediTricks
03-21-2013, 07:30 PM
The Kruge disruptor is in stock at BBTS. I decided to get one. Hope I'm not disappointed. The other "beak nose" style disruptor is still on preorder.I can't wait for your review on it, I decided I'm definitely not thinking about either of these until I see them in person, probably at SDCC, maybe at Wondercon next week, but I am very curious if they're better than the DST videos made them look. Obviously they won't be hefty, DST role play never is, but that's ok, it's about paint and sculpt and features.

Snowtrooper
03-26-2013, 09:20 PM
I received my Kruge disruptor yesterday. Here are some pics and thoughts. It measures almost 17" long, which I think is around what the original prop was. When you have it in hand, it feels light, more like a toy than a real weapon, but the actual prop was probably the same way. It has some decent weathering painted onto it, which keeps it from looking like a toy. When you pick it up and fire, its just really neat. My daughters an I were having all kinds of fun with this last night. The lights and sound effects are pretty much what you saw in the videos. A little underwhelming, but I don't know if they could have really done much more. The actualy prop doesn't have much of anything in the way of lights. It has a selector switch on the back for single shot, rapid fire, or disintegrate. It makes a very audible noise when moved. I didn't take a pic of it, but the top of the gun comes off to reveal the battery compartment. Its actually a neat way to hide it and it also leaves things open for maybe making the rifle portion of it in the future. I think its something you actually have to have in hand to really appreciate. I do recommend it, but I still think $60 is kinda steep for it.

JediTricks
03-27-2013, 02:09 PM
I received my Kruge disruptor yesterday. Here are some pics and thoughts. It measures almost 17" long, which I think is around what the original prop was. When you have it in hand, it feels light, more like a toy than a real weapon, but the actual prop was probably the same way. It has some decent weathering painted onto it, which keeps it from looking like a toy. When you pick it up and fire, its just really neat. My daughters an I were having all kinds of fun with this last night. The lights and sound effects are pretty much what you saw in the videos. A little underwhelming, but I don't know if they could have really done much more. The actualy prop doesn't have much of anything in the way of lights. It has a selector switch on the back for single shot, rapid fire, or disintegrate. It makes a very audible noise when moved. I didn't take a pic of it, but the top of the gun comes off to reveal the battery compartment. Its actually a neat way to hide it and it also leaves things open for maybe making the rifle portion of it in the future. I think its something you actually have to have in hand to really appreciate. I do recommend it, but I still think $60 is kinda steep for it.Great review, thanks. Kind of disappointing to hear the vid was accurate, I'll have to watch it again but I think this is a big pass for me, at the very least that naked LED and those seam lines coupled with those effects at this price are out of touch for what I can accept for that much coin, that's almost as much as a resin prop replica.

Tycho
03-27-2013, 06:01 PM
I guess I have little desire for role-play Trek unless I decide to put together a costume.

I am mostly on the non-enthusiast side for replica ships, too. There are several things I want to do however- some with MicroMachine Trek fighting a Borg Cube (Playmates) if I dig up some deals on the old school stuff. But I can't afford that right now. This would be years down the road.

I am very interested in Trek action figures at the 7" scale (ArtAsylum / Diamond) as the title of this thread focuses on and have a list of the action figures I wish were made, as well as an interest in discussing the figures they are releasing.

That being said, my update on the Spock with Horta diorama set I ordered says it won't be charged and shippped until May now.

This does not bode well with me, as although I am not patronizing the Kirk Vs Khan set (which doesn't lend the cash to my cause), I am really interested in more Trek figures from this scale, especially ones never made before. McCoy with the Salt Vampire at long last would be one of the first no-brainers.

Snowtrooper
03-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Great review, thanks. Kind of disappointing to hear the vid was accurate, I'll have to watch it again but I think this is a big pass for me, at the very least that naked LED and those seam lines coupled with those effects at this price are out of touch for what I can accept for that much coin, that's almost as much as a resin prop replica.

You might be able to pick it up cheaper at a later date. I think I'm going to do this with the other disruptor coming out since I splurged on this one.

I wish there was more coming out in the way of Trek figures. The salt vampire was a major want for me. Art Asylum/Diamond made some really cool figures in the past.

Snowtrooper
05-29-2013, 03:35 PM
I ordered the Klingon Bird of Prey from Redfordfilms.com. They had a 15% off Memorial Day sale plus free shipping, so I decided to get it. It looks pretty nice from the pics and vids I've seen. Hopefully it wont disappoint.

JediTricks
06-04-2013, 01:42 PM
I ordered the Klingon Bird of Prey from Redfordfilms.com. They had a 15% off Memorial Day sale plus free shipping, so I decided to get it. It looks pretty nice from the pics and vids I've seen. Hopefully it wont disappoint.Nice get! If only I had read this sooner. Did you get the exclusive?

I hope they'll have it at Comic-Con.

Snowtrooper
06-05-2013, 12:44 AM
They delivered this today and I gotta say, this is one of the best ships DST has made. I got the regular, non exclusive, version. I saw vids of the exclusive version and I didn't like the transluscent plastic very much. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Tycho
06-05-2013, 01:23 AM
Cool. I'd like to see the pics.

Has anyone heard anything about the Spock vs. Horta figure set shipping? It was supposed to come out in May.

Snowtrooper
06-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Here's some pics of the Bird of Prey I got a few days ago. I tried to get as much of the details and light effects as I could. I think this is just an awesome ship. There's so many good things to say about it.

-For starters, the ship is nicely detailed. As far as I can tell, its pretty close to the actual model they used.
-The paint job is nicely done too. The basic paint scheme itself is done well. I really like how well they painted the red wings on the underside. They also gave it a dirty wash to make it not look like a toy.
-The wings lock into three positions and they lock in very solidly. You can grab it by the wing and it will not pop out of place. There have been complaints of the wings breaking off and I can see this easily happening, so you need to take care when moving them.
-The sound effects are loud and clear.
-The LEDs, especially on the disruptors and photon tube, are very bright. You can use them as a flashlight if you really want.
-Its just all around built very solidly. There is nothing loose or rattly about it.

On the slightly negative side.......

-The voice is of General Chang. I'd of preferred Kruge, but its not that big of deal.
-No landing gear. Odds are you're going to display it on the stand, so again no big deal.
-It'd be nice to have a seperate button for the voices and sound effects.

If your into ST ships, I highly recommend this. You won't be disappointed.

JediTricks
06-07-2013, 01:39 AM
Kruge's ship is the exclusive, so it doesn't surprise me that there's Chang's voice instead.

Surprised to hear it's solid yet there are complaints about the wings breaking off, can you explain more on that?

So, now that you have the piece, would you recommend this over the upcoming HMS Bounty version supposedly coming?

Snowtrooper
06-07-2013, 10:51 AM
I think on some of the ships the wings lock in tighter than others(no problem on mine). The locking mechanism is basically the silver and black part of the ship. On the ones that are tighter, I can see somebody moving the wing and thinking it'll give and basically breaking off the whole mechanism. From what I've heard, this is not a widespread problem. I was only giving a heads up to people that this could be a problem.

As far as the HMS Bounty goes, its supposed to come with the landing gear. If you really want the landing gear, then maybe wait. If not, than I'd go with this one.

JediTricks
06-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Well, hopefully I get some luck and avoid that. I don't like the lack of support buying these, DST makes a lot of promises but has yet to own any of them. My Enterprise A still has missing paint on the tail, I still have a broken stand that they continue to use the design of, and missing details on the Enterprise D that was supposed to be fixed with stickers.

I do like the landing gear, any news of when it's supposed to be released?

Tycho
06-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the Spock vs. Horta figure set shipping? It was supposed to come out in May.

I am quoting myself since my question was ignored.

I did enjoy seeing the BoP pictures. Good pick-up!

Snowtrooper
06-07-2013, 11:27 PM
I bought a TOS Enterprise from BBTS that was put together terribly. I sent it back and they sent me another one that was in much better shape. Its probably better to deal with someone like BBTS or Redfordfilms rather than DST themselves. But I suppose to get a decal or missing part, you'll have to deal with them directly.

To my knowledge, they haven't officially announced a release date for the HMS Bounty.

Sorry Tycho. Didn't mean to ignore your question. BBTS has it listed as coming in June. I would imagine that it will be soon, but release dates change.

JediTricks
06-08-2013, 01:52 PM
I bought a TOS Enterprise from BBTS that was put together terribly. I sent it back and they sent me another one that was in much better shape. Its probably better to deal with someone like BBTS or Redfordfilms rather than DST themselves. But I suppose to get a decal or missing part, you'll have to deal with them directly.

To my knowledge, they haven't officially announced a release date for the HMS Bounty.I guess, I kinda hate ordering these online instead of buying them in person, also I don't like having to make the little guys fix the problems of the big guys.

Snowtrooper
06-09-2013, 12:06 AM
I hear ya. Ideally, it'd be nice to see it in person before purchasing it, but thats often times not an option for me. I usually rely on pics, vids, and reviews to help me decide to buy something or not.

JediTricks
06-09-2013, 12:16 AM
My plan was that if my local stores don't get it, I'll pick it up at SDCC, and if that doesn't work I'll get it online, so I hear ya, that requires a lot of patience and resources.

El Chuxter
06-09-2013, 12:34 AM
So, if Hasbro is making Star Trek Kre-O's, do they have the rights now? I'd like to see some Star Trek figures that are on scale and on par with Star Wars figures.

But only if they include some pre-reboot figures.

Snowtrooper
06-09-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm not sure how up to date my info is, but I think Hasbro only has the rights to the new movie and not TOS. It'd be nice to see something new, but at this point I wouldn't get my hopes up.

JediTricks
06-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Originally, the info I saw said that Hasbro had a master license for Trek, however the actual press release says "a variety of products based on the STAR TREK property beginning in 2013" so it sounds like there is no master license here. DST seems to retain the rights to figures and vehicles based on classic Trek (movies and shows), and I guess after the debacle that was Playmates running the '09 movie line into the ground, the license for the new movies for figures is a big question mark.

Tycho
06-24-2013, 03:25 PM
The license for the new movie figures / toys is negligible.

The main story sequence runs with human characters. Sure, that's expected for the main 7 crew members, but I don't think the Klingon sequence is so important to the film to be toyetic. Maybe "Harrison's" ship from a certain moment Kirk has to use a fire extinguisher?

I love the movie and saw it twice, but as far as toys? It would be nice to have more versions of the crew, but...

In the meanwhile, DST seemed to release Kirk and Spock with non-poseable legs to TRU. These look like they're trying to make some extra bucks or replace the Spock / Horta and Kirk / Khan sets I've been waiting for.

And am still waiting for (Spock / Horta - did not order Kirk).

El Chuxter
06-24-2013, 03:29 PM
That's a shame. I might actually buy some well-done Star Trek figures that are compatible with the other lines I get.

If they were to cheap out and go the same route as the Indiana Jones figures or most of their Marvel figures, though, that's another story.

Tycho
08-01-2013, 07:45 PM
My Spock figure with Horta came yesterday!

Well it's cheap for Diamond Select it still cool to get a non two arms two legs alien figure if you can call to figure and not a base.

At Comic Con I suggested they did the salt vampire with McCoy.

NOMAD Could come with Uhura or Scotty.

TNG Has enough of a following that they could do figures.

I'd really like to see worf vs Duras.

Anyway Spock is really cool. No Kirk and Khan because I have the single figures.

JediTricks
08-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Talked to DST briefly at Comic-Con about the vessels.

Excelsior is coming pretty soon, fall.

Klingon Bird of Prey Kruge variant is already out, Action Figure Xpress exclusive that they distributed out, it's translucent green which IMO is utterly backwards, the Chang variant should have been translucent.

The regular Chang variant they wanted $70, I passed, that's way too much.

The clear SDCC variant was $60 and had NO ELECTRONICS!!! I would have passed, but they didn't have any that day anyway. SIXTY BUCKS!!!

The HMS Bounty variant does not have a date at all right now, the HMS Bounty part is likely to be a sticker. I was sad.

All in all, a very disappointing way for Star Trek to be treated.

Snowtrooper
08-02-2013, 07:14 PM
So no landing gear for the Bounty, just a sticker. That stinks. There's really no motivation to pick up this version then. I thought the landing gear would be the big selling point on this version.

Planning on getting Excelsior unless I hear some really horrible things about it.

Did you like the way the Chang BOP looked?

JediTricks
08-03-2013, 06:18 PM
So no landing gear for the Bounty, just a sticker. That stinks. There's really no motivation to pick up this version then. I thought the landing gear would be the big selling point on this version.

Planning on getting Excelsior unless I hear some really horrible things about it.

Did you like the way the Chang BOP looked?Sorry, I misspoke, I wasn't clear, there will be landing gear. It's the "HMS Bounty" deco part that they said would be a sticker.

Preview images I've seen on the Excelsior look really good, and the audio and lights test from DST looked nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3IXHqYy2pg

I liked the Chang enough in box, didn't see it loose, the box did an ok job showing the item considering how bad the window design is.

Looking at a review of the DST Enterprise B, holy crap what a mess that thing is, I was comparing it to the original prop, boy that'd really bum you out to see not just the ridiculously clumsy paint but also the sculpting which has no excuse: http://www.startrekpropauthority.com/2008/06/detailed-photostudy-of-enterprise-b-7.html
"Oh, we'll just halfass this, nobody will notice, it's not like Trek fans are obsessive about these sorts of things. Guess at the panels, throw on any ol' size torpedo launchers, go ahead and shrink the main deflector, leave the bussard collectors half unglued. Then we'll let the paint guys get drunk and slap on all sorts of mistakes like the wrong registry on the side and then also tampo it backwards."

Snowtrooper
08-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Glad to hear they didn't axe the landing gear. Still, when they go through all the trouble of doing an excellent paint job, it seems rather cheap to just slap a sticker on the side. It can't be that expensive to paint HMS Bounty on the side.

I'm looking forward to Excelsior, but it worries me that Enterprise B is so bad. They're basically the same ship. I hope the factory that makes Ent B doesn't make Excelsior.

JediTricks
08-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Glad to hear they didn't axe the landing gear. Still, when they go through all the trouble of doing an excellent paint job, it seems rather cheap to just slap a sticker on the side. It can't be that expensive to paint HMS Bounty on the side.

I'm looking forward to Excelsior, but it worries me that Enterprise B is so bad. They're basically the same ship. I hope the factory that makes Ent B doesn't make Excelsior.Yeah, the landing gear is what I'm waiting on at this point, but with my birthday coming up at the end of the month I might just ask for the Chang one now anyway. Using a sticker instead of paint or a tampo is not cool.

I'm sure it's the same factory making them, they even included the Excelsior tampo for the stardrive hull badging (both flipped and normal). They screwed up deco'ing the saucer rim though, that is unforgivable whether tampo or mask. The whole thing is such a mess, I think it might be time to throw in the towel if they can't get QC back under control. It's not like the line ever really had it fully together, but that Ent-B was awful.

Tycho
07-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Will there be anything new at Comic Con for Star Trek toys?

WOKII (I mean Into the Darkness) didn't have anything especially toyetic. I mean sure the Klingons had stuff, but it wasn't a principle battle scene.

I so want to see DS9 "Dominion Wars" Star Wars-ized. In other words ships that figures can fly in and shoot plastic missiles out of in the 3 3/4" scale.

C'mon Hasbro! (They have the license now as far as I understand it - save for maybe the new movie stuff).

PlayMates wave 2 would have been awesome if they'd produced it for retail.

I guess TNG Picard with Borg base is the next thing coming out of the figure / diorama stuff.

I really don't do TNG out of 6-7" stuff (except TNG movie stuff). Worf vs Duras would be really nice though. Or Worf and K'Eleryr.

Quark with Odo (non-figure) shapeshifting to catch him would be a super-cool edition.

Sisko vs. Dukat (double-figures with connecting bases).

But also Janeway vs. the Macro-Virus thing.

Tom Paris as Captain Proton vs Mr. Robot would be sweet!

And they could still do the once-planned 7 of 9 in Borg alcove.

I still want Xindi figures (reptilian) from Enterprise.

TOS McCoy vs Salt Vampire (finally) needs to be done.

So could Travis Mayweather with the NX pilot's station.

JediTricks
07-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Diamond had the Excelsior listed in their booth at $70, I wanted to see it before I even considered buying it. On Friday, I walked by and figured I'd come back and maybe get one, when I did they were sold out. So I almost bought someone's Enterprise B for $50 but then thought to buy Excelsior from Amazon, turned out it was $47 and it was on my doorstep on Monday.

The Excelsior is in a pretty big box and uses a single try-me voice, although the switch to go to play is accessible from the tray without removing the ship.

The ship has no aztecking at all which is very frustrating, it takes it down to that Playmates level of detail in the majority of the ship. They changed the warp nacelles from the Ent-B and oddly removed the side-fins which is inaccurate, I think someone at Diamond googled the ship and just used CGI images made by fans. The impulse engines apparently have a glue issue, mine has a slight separation there and other pics I've seen also look to have that, possibly from assembly stress on the saucer. The bridge button requires finesse on mine, it doesn't set off lights and sounds half the time it's pressed, I think because the travel is loose and spongy. The lights and sounds aren't very clever this time around, not a lot of "show" varying the lights, and the sounds are almost all dialogue (although the dialogue is well-mastered here). I just noticed another issue with the saucer, the middle part isn't fitting properly, it sticks up where it joins the rest of the saucer on the left only, this thing has to go back - glad I got it through Amazon, they are shipping me a replacement that fast.

Sculpted detailing is like "Playmates-plus", it's definitely not up to spec with the other Diamond releases when you've got a neck with half the lines it should and the "photon torpedo launchers" that I don't think actually are but they are openings in the neck are too close together, and an "overbite" just below the neck that shouldn't be there at all, and simple underside hangar detailing. The main deflector is flat out wrong, it sticks out like an "outie" belly button and its cavity doesn't recess properly. And the nacelles seem to sag slightly so they dip down as they go back. The RCS thrusters were sculpted and indented on the prototype, not on the production piece though.

I'm not sure it's to scale with... anything in the line, really, it's considerably underscaled for the Enterprise A, maybe it's in scale with the Ent-D but I don't have access to mine right now.

Paint has a few of the same lazy mistakes from Diamond, things that simply don't curve correctly comes up on the ring around the saucer (also join errors galore there) and the red lines spanning from the registry on top of the saucer, and the registry with the Starfleet logo on either side of the secondary hull, actually about half of anything red is off. They didn't bother paining in the grilles of the warp nacelles, so they're transparent when not lit. That said, most things in blue and black aren't too bad, even the windows aren't generally too rough, and there's only one spot where there's oil or something interfering with the paint causing discoloration (that's pretty good for DST). Some of the paint is nice, some is sloppy, it's very schizo.

The impulse engines look good, the energy deflection domes (these replaced the single one from ST3) look nice and even have silver paint on the spars, the overall sculpt is pleasing still, and they have plenty of detailed paint apps where necessary (minus aztecking).

Is it worth $70? Absolutely not, it's clumsy and has a few notable mistakes and absences. Is it worth $50? Depends on how you feel about the Excelsior, but I'd say it comes close.

Snowtrooper
07-30-2014, 09:24 PM
JT, before you send it back, mine had an issue with part of the impulse engine sticking up and I ended up squeezing on it until it popped back into place. If thats the problem, maybe give that a try and see if it works.

Tycho
07-31-2014, 02:39 AM
I talked to Diamond in the Comic Con.

A Worf fighting the Borg is next for the 7 inch to go with the picard