PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek figures (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Jayspawn
07-27-2002, 12:10 PM
Hi guys, Art Asylum has some fantastic pictures of their upcoming lines Enterprise and Nemises on their webiste.

Personally I can't wait to get these. I'm really looking forward to Data, Picard, Archer and his crew. I don't care much for Shinzon or Klangg yet.

Thoughts?

QLD
07-27-2002, 12:21 PM
Ohhh..they are making TNG figures as well? That gets my attention! Now if ONLY someone would make NEW Babylon 5 figures. Man, the best Sci-FI ever has some of the worst figures.

Beast
07-27-2002, 01:13 PM
There was a really good thread about the Art Asylum Star Trek figures a while back. If your intrested here is a link to the thread. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10973

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AmanaMatt
07-27-2002, 10:50 PM
Ok guys, I got the whole set of Enterprise figures today and all I can say is: WOW!

Truly awsome! The average amount of articulation per figure is 19. The Suliban has the most controversial articulation as his arms are a kind of bendy substance, to simulate his special abilities. Each figure comes with set or sets of hands, and two to three weapons each. Klaang, the klingon is huge!! He comes with the best damn Bath'leth any Klingon figure has seen as well as a disruptor and dagger.

In addition to the accessories, all figures come with a stand and coin. The coin will be used, apparently, in a company promotion and as such, we have been told to hang onto them via the Art Asylum website.

I was going to pass on Star Trek figures for life due to the fact that Playmantes really F'ed their line up, but these Enterprise figs truly rock and are absolute masterpieces in their own right!

My grade for the Enterprise line: A

thespar
07-27-2002, 11:38 PM
i hope they start poping up around here soon will like to get a hold the new once. as far a b5 will the show only bieng in re-runs a few movies i do not think they will be made again two bad it was a great show. :(

JediTricks
07-28-2002, 05:22 AM
Matt, how did you get the figs? How is the hip articulation, does it feel like it's not gonna survive? Didja get the deluxe?

LTBasker
07-28-2002, 05:17 PM
Hmm... I guess when I check TRU for the X-wing I'll also check for the ENT figures.

Don't think I'm gonna be a completist on this line though. :D

Jayspawn
07-29-2002, 12:58 AM
Where did you get them Amanamatt?!?!?!?!

RooJay
07-29-2002, 06:39 PM
Now I finally have an excuse to dump my Playmates collection! I liked them when they first came out, but I was always bothered by their dwarvish appearance (don't even get me started on Playmates marketing choices for this line!).
I'll probably skip the Enterprise series, not being a big fan of that show, but I certainly can't wait to pick up Picard, Kirk, and their respective crews along with any villains and allies produced for them! Here's hoping for a very long, prolific, and successful line!

JediTricks
07-30-2002, 12:08 AM
So far, I believe it's just ENTERPRISE and NEMESIS that are getting figures, though AA says that the ships will be from all the different movies.

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 12:13 AM
I think they've also mentioned something about a Voyager line.

Wouldn't mind getting a Voyager bridge set to build with the deluxe figures. I hope they do DS9 too, how hard could it be to make the Defiant bridge? It's kinda small... :D

AmanaMatt
07-30-2002, 03:43 PM
What's up, everbody?

Sorry, forgot to check this section yesterday. I got the entire set at Frank&Sons on Sat. They were selling for $12 each or set of 6 for $60.00 - I bought the set. Target will be $8.00 each, I believe, so I was happy to pay a little extra and hand pick ones that looked great. Supposedly, the Suliban is shortpacked, but the little dude I bought the set from had what looked like even packed cases (he has a direct account), so I don't know what to think about that, but Digger, Art Asylum's Pres acknowledged on his site that the packing is heavier on the main characters, but nothing Hasbro-hardened combatants like us haven't seen (and far worse).

Jt and Jayspawn, deluxe aren't out yet, these are the standard figs. I believe Reed will be the deluxe that has the same components as one other, not sure who that other is though, but should be able to buy him without wasting money on his more expensive counterpart coming out. I'll try to double-check if it was Reed and who else that had the same bridge pieces. As for the hip articulation, on the set I bought, I think its cool. Apparenty it is a rubber called kraeton (not latex). The material closely matches the rest of the fig. My figures seem strong in this issue. Supposedly this is a better material as it is not sensitive to the elements. The box does say when not in use, put the figure back to its packaged pose, which is really just having the figures stand, taking any kind of pressure off of the Kraeton material, which is glued to the rest of the figure. Based on the message boards at the Art asylum site, some are complaining about excessive glue showing, or paint chipping (over there, I am under the screen man named Gorn, too many people wouldn't get Amanamatt at a Star Trek site), but I think the couple of posters who are being too negative are being just that: negative. However, if you buy any, it'd be smart a smart idea to inspect them as well as you can through the package before purchasing. Back to the positive, the figures, IMO, are quite masterful, and I don't use that word often. Every figure looks identical to their real-life counterpart. The Archer figure has Scott Backula's face...honestly seems to have an emotionally detailed facial sculpt, you'll see what I mean. These look better close up, IMo, than the few pics I've seen on the Net.

Ps. Art Asylum has confirmed that a Classic Trek line is now in the works, for 2003 as well as a Commuicator-exclusive Phlox coming later this year or early next.

Jayspawn
07-30-2002, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the info Amanamatt. I'm going to keep my Playmates collection. I'm looking forward to the Classic Star Trek figures myself. The NX Enterprise looks so well detailed. I can't wait for the other ships.

JediTricks
07-31-2002, 03:03 AM
I kinda figured it'd be F&S for you Matt, but I didn't wanna say anything. :D

Hmm, putting the figs back in their "standing" position is gonna KILL any diorama designs. I think I'll avoid the basics and just concentrate on the deluxes. Glad to hear the classic trek is confirmed, now if only Digger can survive the year (I've heard things, not good, money issues)...

Thanks for the review!!!

AmanaMatt
07-31-2002, 04:31 PM
Oh man, don't tell me that! I want these guys to be around awhile, as these figs are cool.

As far as the figures being returned to their original poses, I think this is more precautionary for the long haul more than anything.

Jayspawn
08-03-2002, 12:27 AM
SCORE! I picked up the whole line of Enterprise figures this afternoon at Target for $7.99!!! I opened them up this evening, they are awesome! The extra accessories and detail is amazing. The likeness to the actors is great.

They were not the deluxe versions, but well worth it. I can't wait till Art Asylum does the Classic line!

pthfnder89
08-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Amanamatt

Ps. Art Asylum has confirmed that a Classic Trek line is now in the works, for 2003 as well as a Commuicator-exclusive Phlox coming later this year or early next.

I picked up Archer, Silik, and Reed (my fav Enterprise character!)
yesterday at an awesome local store called Zeus.

The employee I was talking to there actually said that the Classic line from AA was going to be a mishmash of characters from ALL the previous Trek series. They had been shown pics of the prototypes and he said that Kirk and Spock were the two Classic characters being made, along with Janeway, Sisko and a few others he couldn't remember. My guess is Kira and 7of9 but that's not based on any real info.

I think this is really the best way for them to do it. With the amount of time it takes them to pump out a figure, it's good that they will have something for everyone, instead of just having all of the Classic Trek crew, or all of the *shudder* Voyager crew.

I'm REALLY excited about the DS9 figures, and I hope that they might include a Jem Hadar with the first couple figures so Sisko wil at least have someone to battle if the Star Trek line gets cancelled before they can make more of the crew.

And I truly hope that Art Asylum has a lot of success with this line and are able to produce at least the majority of the main crews.:)

Jayspawn
08-23-2002, 04:10 PM
Looks like the Enterprise figures are starting to show up in more places. All my local TRU, Sam Goody, Media Play stores are carrying them.

pthfnder89
08-24-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Looks like the Enterprise figures are starting to show up in more places. All my local TRU, Sam Goody, Media Play stores are carrying them.

Yeah, I'm a little upset that I shelled out $10 each at my comic book store when I could have got them for $7.99 at Target. For some reason I thought they were only going to be sold at speciality shops, like most of AA's previous figures.

Jayspawn
08-26-2002, 01:08 AM
Thats what I thought too. I wish I didn't have to wait until December to get Picard and Data.

JediTricks
09-06-2002, 05:26 PM
Saw Art Asylum's Phase Pistol and Communicator role-play toy yesterday at a comic shop in LA. While not as crude as the original photo-use prototypes, they're still kinda low-end with a little slop in the sculpting and poor choices of materials and paints. The orange ring on the phase pistol's emitter is a real let-down, but I suppose a legal necessity. The try-me package is only for the phase pistol and doesn't do much, just one sound effect and no light (I'm not sure if the set does anything else, but I hope so). I will get this set when I see it at a regular store (sorry, but $25 at the comic shop is ridiculous) but I hope this isn't indicitive of AA's non-figure toys.

Jayspawn
09-07-2002, 02:01 AM
I'm glad the role playing set is showing up somewhere. $25 is a little much. I can't wait till the NX Enterprise shows up!

Jayspawn
09-11-2002, 02:03 AM
I'm impressed w/ Art Asylums ads for the upcoming Away Team and Nemises figures, but I'm a little dissapointed by the amount and choice of characters. It would be cool if aside from Picard and Data (for example), they made Riker, LaForge or Troi. I would like to have a complete set of officers in their movie or tv uniforms.

Jayspawn
09-22-2002, 12:26 PM
Art Asylum is showing some great Star Trek stuff at Toy Fair! Here's what he have coming...

Captain Kirk w/ phaser rifle
Dr. McCoy w/ tricorder
Lt. Uhura w/ datapad
The Gorn (Haha) w/ his rock knife
and KHAN!!!!!

Also a CLASSIC Phaser and Communicator!

I don't know about you guys, but now I'm really set off. I thought they were going to do Spock in the 1st series, they probably will I guess. I hope Sulu, Scotty and Checkov follow soon. These figures are gonna be great!

Anybody else?

Jayspawn
09-22-2002, 12:28 PM
FYI, I just picked up a complete set of Enterprise figures at Sam Goody, ALL at 75% off!!!!!! I got them as extras (just in case).

It's a deal for anyone who's been putting a figure or two off. Be on the lookout!

JediCole
09-22-2002, 09:25 PM
I saw some info on these guys on Figures.com. I would suspect that Spock was held out as a "name player" for a Series 2, as Chekov and Sulu are not considered as marketable as the big three, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. Having Spock lends a major character to a secondary release, along with probably a Romulan, or some other supporting or alien race representing character.

As for the announced Phaser/Communicator Set, I am hopeful that it will prove an improvement on the Playmates version. Don't get me wrong, Playmates did an incredible job on thier set, but in some ways it could have been better, such as from the standpoint of a removeable Phaser I. THAT would be cool! We shall see.

JediTricks
09-23-2002, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the 411, I'll check that out as soon as I can. That's a heck of a savings, I hope it's nationwide.

Jayspawn
10-04-2002, 12:40 PM
Does anyone know where the Trek MiniMates are? I think they're quite nifty. I've seen them on Ebay, but no sign of them in stores yet.

smurfvader
10-04-2002, 07:01 PM
The mini mates had been showing up sporadicaly at KBs for 6.99$ each, but are now showing up at Target for 4.99$. I bought Kirk, McCoy and Gorn, but wasn't able to find Spock, Mugato or Khan. Allso the Phase pistol and Enterprise are both out at TRU. The pistol is around 224, but I don't think it's an improvement from playmates. It looks cheap.

JIm

Jayspawn
10-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Yyyeeeaaahhhh!!! I picked up the Trek MiniMates at a new Target that just opened in my area. They were $4.99. Excellent price! And thats not the half of it, THEY HAD THE ENTERPISE!!!!! And Man does it look cool!!! The detail is amazing. To my dismay was that it wasn't as big as I thought it would be. It's only like a foot long. But thats ok. I can't wait for AA to make others! It's price tag was $19.99. Not too bad I suppose.

JediTricks
10-10-2002, 03:10 AM
I picked up the Ent tonight and posted my review in the Gen Disc section. It's a fantastic ship, and worth the $20 no question. The NX-01 is a smaller ship than most Trek ships, only holding 86 crewmembers, so with all these electronics and this fantastic detailing, I think the slightly smaller size and price are definitely an OK thing.

Saw the MiniMates and chuckled, but picked up none.

Jayspawn
10-10-2002, 11:24 AM
Thats true. I forgot that Archer's ship holds a lot less than Kirks.I actually got restless and ordered an Enterprise online for the $19.99 price. It should arrive in a day or two. But I knew that I would find it in the store as soon as I ordered it!

JediTricks
10-10-2002, 08:38 PM
Jayspawn, you've pretty much described reason-B of why I stopped ordering online (reason-A is prices, reason-C is shipping issues (http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/usps/)). Good luck getting your ship in the mail, and read the instructions about the nacelle attachment CAREFULLY. :D

wedgeA
10-25-2002, 05:36 AM
Finally picked up a Broken Bow set, and I am very pleased with them. I can't wait to get the Nemesis set. Hopefully AA has success with the license as they have set the bar for the quality of ST figures. I can't wait for TOS and DS9 figures. It is good that AA started the Enterprise line early in the show, so they have got about five years of new figure possibilities.

Jayspawn
10-25-2002, 12:54 PM
I hope the line does well. They've been selling pretty well in my areas.

BTW, JT I did have to go back and re-attach one of the nacelles. It' stopped lighting up but works fine now. The ship looks really cool in the dark when you puch the button.

Jayspawn
10-26-2002, 10:56 PM
Another FYI, I found the Nemises figures at Target tonight for $7.99. There were 2 Picards and 2 Datas. And they look great! The likeness is unbelievable. They have all their articulation on the outside unlike the Enterprise figures. They don't come with a bunch of extra accessories or hands like Enterprise figures do which sucks. There was no sign of Shinzon or the other guy.

You can't pass there 2 up!

Jayspawn
10-29-2002, 09:04 PM
More Star Trek figures!!!! I found the DELUXE Enterprise figures today at Target. They were $19.99 and they are HUGE! YOu get a big ol chunk of the bridge section. And the sound effects and voice phrases are dead on! I saw a few Captain Archer and Malcom Reed sets. Fantastic! I can't wait till the T'Pol and Mayweather sets come out!

JediTricks
11-01-2002, 07:32 PM
I saw 1 lone Reed dlx set 2 days ago, the audio was terrible and more of this "cycle through" crapola. The lack of a chair and accessories (that I could see anyway) assured me I'd be saving my $20 for something else, and Reed's costume wasn't even properly color-matched.

Jayspawn
11-01-2002, 08:28 PM
Thats crazy. The ones I saw looked pretty good.

Tycho
11-05-2002, 10:47 AM
I guess I better start looking at Targets. The price seems better than what the Game Stop will be selling them for.

I am probably only going to collect Enterprise figures / deluxe figures. The Nemesis stuff does look pretty good, but I'm mostly a Deep Space Nine fan - and even there I'd so long wished that Playmates would continue and make Brunt, Martok, Damar, Weyoun, the Founder, Admiral Ross, etc.- and in the original plastic figure size that the first 10 TNG figures came out in.

Why the interest in Enterprise? For one, it's shaping up into a great show. For another, this is the only size I'll ever get Enterprise figures in, so I don't have much of a choice. But there's no time travel possibilities here for interactive Trek figure play:

SISKO: "We'll you see, the Orb of Time explained it to me. In the past, humans used to be huge. Up until about 200 years ago, man used to be on average about 13 feet tall. This way original space explorers could hunt the whooly mamoth with their proto-phasers."

"So, to welcome Captain Archer to the 24th Century, we're going to have to remove all the upper decks around the Promenade..."

*At this time, Art Assylum has no plans to release a Captain Archer with Whooly Mammoth 2-pack, but possibly Porthos would be nice. The dog could be used as a giant changeling attacking my DS9 figures....

Jayspawn
11-05-2002, 11:53 AM
I think they should have made Porthos figure to go along with Captain Archer.

Tycho
11-26-2002, 02:16 PM
To this day I STILL have not seen any Nemesis figures or Enterprise Deluxe figures. I think I will try Target in a little while.

I don't normally find my Star Wars there, so I wouldn't be looking for STAR TREK there.

Jayspawn
11-26-2002, 03:28 PM
Wow. I always see Star Trek figures at Target. And I've picked up some good Star Wars things there before.

LTBasker
11-26-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
To this day I STILL have not seen any Nemesis figures or Enterprise Deluxe figures. I think I will try Target in a little while.

I don't normally find my Star Wars there, so I wouldn't be looking for STAR TREK there.

Try Super Target, I went to one last night and they had 3 pegs (down a straight line but anyway) for the regular Trek figures then 2 spaces on the shelves for the NX-01 and the Deluxe sets and that's ONLY place I've seen them.

JediTricks
11-26-2002, 10:49 PM
Saw the Nemesis and Dlx Ent figs at a couple local TRUs lately. The Nemesis toy line isn't doing squat for business around, which is a shame.

Tycho
11-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Thanks guys. I found the Enterprise Deluxe Sets at TRU. They were 22 each, and I bought Archer and Reed. I know T'Pol and Mayweather won't be out until next year.

These are actually very nice. I did not open them save for looking in the box for a catalog (it shows nothing we haven't seen before) and directions (to satisfy my curiousity). Nowhere did I see it listed on these products, that keeping Archer or Reed permanently seated at their stations will cause damage to their soft clothing materials. I'm not actually inclined to find out just yet.
My Star Wars stuff takes up more than all my available space now, so I'm going to wait until T'Pol and Mayweather come out with their bridge stations, to open all of them at once and set up the NX Enterprise bridge.

In the meanwhile, I rather like this idea, and fear they'll sucker me into buying deluxe sets of almost every crew. The chance to set up the Defiant's bridge or Ops might be too tempting. However, I have the full (and very nice) Next Generation bridge playset and all the crew at their stations. That was one of Playmate's nicest toys.

Playmates once was going to make the Classic Star Trek bridge with stations and electronics for all of Kirk's crew, but it never saw production past some prototypes I really wish I could have bought as toys. Perhaps a 1701-A bridge with the red movie uniforms might become a reality for the Classic Crew. I think there are some products that will be difficult to resist.

I did cave in and buy the 6.5" Deep Space Nine figures and the movie TNG Worf that matches with this set to set up a Defiant Bridge as best I could. I also got 3 Cardassian Soldiers and 3 Jem Hadar to fight the crew for the ship, but I think Art Asylum can do it better with what I've seen from the NX bridge.

Still the way their "futuristic clothing material" will bend when they sit will make me cringe and hope nothing will go wrong from permanently displaying them this way. But they're toys, so I'm gambling with them, but I'm also PLAYING with them (in this way), so at least I'm getting the intended use out of them.

Right now, I just intend to collect Enterprise figures. But depending upon how it goes, I may buy into more Star Trek lines and I'll let you know.

I don't know how well this line will do altogether (Star Trek). A recent review of "Nemesis" for Maxim Magazine suggested Star Trek's movie franchise viability is dying. They think "Nemesis" will do well, but suggest that Paramount has less faith in Trek on the big screen than we do. Who knows? Nemesis could make a lot of money like First Contact did (the record for a Trek film I think), and then we'll go on again as it has always gone before.

Time will tell.

Jayspawn
11-27-2002, 11:34 AM
I hope they make a bridge playset for the Original crew. I'd buy them.

wedgeA
12-02-2002, 06:21 PM
I picked up a set of Nemesis figures over the weekend. While they completely blow away what Playmates has done in the past, they do not reach the level of the Enterprise line (which to me are some of the nicest action figures ever made). The faces and clothing lack the same detail, and the accessories are minimal. I hope when AA does the TOS line next year, they improve the quality. They are not bad, but AA just set the bar too high with Ent.

Has anyone seen the Away Team set yet?

Tycho
12-02-2002, 08:33 PM
Nemesis stuff is probably mass-produced so much more for a movie-year tie-in, that they had to simplify the process, hence the quality.

I must reserve judgement though, as I've yet to find these figures.

Tycho
12-06-2002, 06:23 AM
It seems like Star Trek figures next year will include the Classic Trek cast from "Mirror, Mirror."

WAVE 1: Kirk, McCoy, Scott, Sulu

WAVE 2: Spock, Uhura, Chekov

They are all in their Mirror Universe clothes, so it will look different and not like the standard Trek you'd expect. Uhura will be in the "bikini" of sorts :D

I hope they make Lt. Marla Monroe (the Captain's woman).

I'm not sure I have the waves right, nor ALL the characters they are offering.

Still due to come out are Deluxe T'Pol, Deluxe Mayweather, and

AWAY TEAM: Trip, Hoshi, Archer, T'Pol, Andorian, Nausikaan. You get Phlox by signing up for StarTrekNet (that's one way) and hopefully there will be other opportunities - though I really don't want the doctor in a space suit.

I want to know when we are going to see a regular Trip, Hoshi, and Phlox? I'd also like Malcolm Reed in his space suit!

Jayspawn
12-06-2002, 11:27 AM
I hear ya Tycho. I would really like Hoshi, Trip and Phlox in their regular uniforms. I heard that the Star Trek Fan Club would be getting Dr. Phlox.

I believe the Classic series will be in their standard uniforms. "Mirror, Mirror" figures would be great! But I could think of a bunch of other great episodes and characters that should be made.

Tycho
12-16-2002, 07:51 AM
I've been watching all the Star Trek movies.

And now, what I want ArtAsylum to make the most is

THE STAR TREK MOVIE CREW IN THEIR RED UNIFORMS with a deluxe bridge set!!!

Kirk -with captain's chair
Spock - with science station
McCoy - with turbo lift (and complaint voice chip ;) )
Uhura - with communications console
Sulu - with helm
Scotty - with engineering station
Chekov - with navigation / tactical side to helm console

Forget them in TOS uniforms. Playmates did do that. What they did not do was the whole Classic Crew in their movie uniforms!

Geeze I wanted a Spock, Uhura, Sulu, and McCoy to go with the "Generations" figures!

I wanted them in their civies from STIII, their doctors' disguises from STIV, their away team desert ops gear from STV - so much fun could've been had! Even a USS Bounty bridge playset could've been made where you could use Klingons, or even Worf and Gowron if you wanted to, besides the REAL crew of the Bounty that took her from Kruuge!

Kirk rocks! Long live the Captain!

(and I'm a Niner who loved ST: Nemesis, too btw!)

wedgeA
12-16-2002, 03:42 PM
Tycho is right on the money! I never figured out why in heaven Playmates released the TOS in their TMP costumes instead of the "real" movie uniforms for the movies line they did.

Also, DS9 firgures please, in the 6th-7th season uniforms please!

After seeing Nemesis (which I loved), I think that the figures were seriously lacking accessories. Picard should have come with at least a phaser rifle, and Data with a B4 head. Oh well, they are nice figures nevertheless. Also, AA should make a Enterprise E with "battle damage" options!

Jayspawn
12-16-2002, 07:40 PM
I too would like to see the TOS crew in the red movie uniforms. But I want the tv versions also. There could be a varient Kirk with the green casual uniform.

"He's definatly on about something Jim." - Dr. McCoy in Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country.

Tycho
12-16-2002, 08:27 PM
For the Nemesis figures...

Viceroy should've came with a Reman rifle besides his staff.

Shinzon could've had a Deluxe Set with his bio-genic weapon flare - what a nice, transparent accessory that would have made!

Picard could have come with the torture chair, and his rifle.

Data could have come with a build-your-own B-4 set, with the holding rack that could double as Picard's restraint.

Vehicles like the Argo Jeep with Picard, and the Scoprion Fighter with Data could have been made!

Other figures I'd like to see are:

Riker with rifle
Worf with rifle
Reman Soldier (shipped with extra per case) with rifle
Romulan Cmdr. (her name just escaped me, but Dina Meyer was great!)
Romulan Soldier (non-character) with disruptor pistol

Deluxe sets:

Picard with Command Chair
Deanna with Helm
Worf with Tactical
Data with Ops
La Forge with Engineering
Riker with Science Station

So you could build the bridge.

Dr. Crusher could be an exclusive figure or come with the build your own B-4 set, since Data's already been released, and he could come with the Scorpion Fighter.

I loved Nemesis!

Jayspawn
12-16-2002, 08:50 PM
I would have liked to see AA make Riker or Troi rather than Viceory. He's not that exciting of a character or toy. Don't get me wrong, he looks pretty cool. But Riker or someother officer would have made a better figure.

JediTricks
12-17-2002, 12:18 AM
Tycho, it's the HMS Bounty. :p

I too would like figs from the 2-6 movies. TOS is vital to Trek, but the movie uniforms are more military and dynamic.

WedgeA, I never thought about that till now, but that's a good point about Playmates making the TMP uniforms, that makes no sense at all. Those are the most-hated and least-used costumes in all of Trek.

Oh, and if AA makes movie figs but not an Ent-A bridge playset, I'll freak out. :D

Tycho
12-19-2002, 01:38 AM
I found the Nemesis figures at Target, $7.99 each.
They had only 1 each of Shinzon and the Viceroy!

They probably had 7 Datas and 7 Picards.

There may be different case assortments, but no doubt everyone will want the Reman and Shinzon first - they are superior figures!

Do you open yours? Mine are loose and in a display already...Picard is wrestling Shizon for his knife. Data looks like he just came into the situation (and I gave him Picard's phaser) and he's looking to use it on the Reman Viceroy so he won't wound Data's captain from behind!

The Reman Viceroy is incredible! Warning though - mine broke! The right hand did not turn at the wrist and snapped off. I fixed is so perfectly that you wouldn't notice - and it's still articulated. I cut a tiny part off of a regualar (small) paperclip and heated it with a match (watch your fingers though). The hot clip piece went into the hand where the plastic plug had torn off, and melted its way in perfectly. - I could hold the Viceroy's hand and push down to sink it deep. Using a nail scissors, I started a hole in the wrist stump (which was flush with his actual molded lower arm), and then I just pushed it in. So it's a tight fit, but still articulated! It fits so flush, I'd forget about it if I didn't post it here to let you know to be careful. The Reman Viceroy will likely be the hardest one to get. He looks so good! The detail is astounding!

Now that I have Picard and Data loose, I can tell you that the Enterprise figures, with the special rubbery plastic AA uses, look more real with that material, plus their legs can pose in wider stances like that which Picard might take if he were fighting and trying to get the knife while keeping his balance. But the likenesses of Picard and Data are right on!

I hope ArtAsylum continues to do alien figures and those in special costumes, along with crew members. I can't say I prefer the aliens to the crew members, because I still want Trip, Hoshi, and Phlox to come in regular uniforms to match the Broken Bow assortment - and Worf and Riker to fight a Reman Warrior... and Malcolm Reed in his space suit too! But the alien figures are always cooler!

Shinzon looks great too. I like his outfit details - it looks really authentic. He does look like a clone of Picard, which is what he's supposed to do, but there are nice details like his scar on his lip that show up on the figure.

Overall, I'm really happy with these figures.

Enterprise's figures are better, but the Viceroy is the best of them all, and even challenges Klaang's figure (though AA, please continue making Klingons! Trust me, it'll be enough when I have Worf, K'Ehleyr, Duras, Gowron, Kahless, Martok, Kang, Kor, Koloth, and Kang, Kor, Koloth again, Lursa, B'Etor, Kruuge, Chang, Gorkin, Aztebur, Kar'la, Alexander...I probably should stop and go practice with my Bat'leth now...)

Tycho
12-29-2002, 11:12 AM
I got the Away Team figures the other day at Toys R Us - well I got Trip, Jonathon, and the Nausicaan. I still need to find the ladies and the Andorian.

These figures are awesome! You'll be quite impressed with the details!

Questions anyone? Ask away!

Jayspawn
12-30-2002, 12:27 PM
I found those too Tycho. And they look great! The Andorian is my favorite. The Nausicaan is very cool too. For some reason they didn't have T'Pol, but they did have Archer, Hoshi and Tripp.

I hope AA makes Tripp, Hoshi and Phlox in their regular uniforms.

"Pink skins!"

Tycho
12-30-2002, 12:32 PM
I still need to find the Andorian, Hoshi, and T'Pol.

In a good-bad sort of way, it's nice to have to hunt. It means the figures are being received well, are becoming popular and being bought.

The hard to finds in my area include:

Shinzon (Nemesis)
Viceroy (Nemesis)
T'Pol (Away Team)
Hoshi (Away Team)
Andorian

I have the first 2 Nemesis figures I listed as being HTF and they are awesome, especially the Viceroy.

Hope I find my Andorian and the ladies this week...

-Tycho

Jayspawn
12-30-2002, 12:37 PM
AA got the likeness of Hoshi and Tripp perfect. I was gonna pass on the line because I want them in their uniforms.

Tycho
01-06-2003, 03:13 AM
Found them at Target, Aliso Viejo, California (Southern California).
There are so many good things to say about these figures, and a safety tip on how to protect them - but I just ramble it all out. So you've been warned that this will seem like chaos brought to Order

The figures' accurate sizes. This was not important to me, but came as a very pleasant surprise, and one that I am now raving wild about:

true to life, the Cardassian is the smallest, then the Klingon's obviously larger, and the Hirogen is huge! Just as the aliens should be were they real and true to form!

The Borg's specialized functions: the Cardassian appears to be a Borg assimilator and medic. He has stuff that look like surgical cutters, a laser scalpal, etc.

The Klingon Borg appears outfitted for heavy construction and repair. I could see him in First Contact, building the beacon on the deflector dish.

The Hirogen is a Borg Warrior, through and through. His appendage could be nothing other than a heavy blaster cannon and his bulk would make him a formidable combatant for Borg Conquest!

These figures are going to make me buy more and more duplicates of Art Asylum's figures TO OPEN!

I never bought any of mine to keep carded, but ...

I need an extra Picard and Data to recreate First Contact, and yet not take Shinzon and the Viceroy's "friends" away!

If Art Asylum does Voyager figures, I'm going to need duplicates of all these Borg figures to make myself a 2nd collective!

I'm a fanboy on a buying spree: Resistance is futile!

The packaging looks like a Borg cube structure for sure. The figures look like they're regenerating in the packaging. I tried to be careful not to mess it up too much when I removed the figures. But for whatever reason, I think the Away Team packaging is the best kind Art Asylum's done. It's a color difference, that's why. I liked the brightness next to the greys, blues, and greens of the other lines.

All 3 series represented by Borgs! I just realized that all the shows that featured the Borg have a unique representative of their characters that's been "Borged."

Cardassians were most predominant on Deep Space Nine - hence our first DS9 figure could be represented here.

The Hirogen is obviously the first figure from Voyager we've thus far gotten from Art Asylum.

While Klingons are indigenous to every Star Trek, you could consider this guy "almost from First Contact," to surely be the Next Generations' representative here.

Maybe Crom can let me know if I'm onto something here with the species selected from specific shows, and their Borg occupations (assimilator, construction, warrior).

What else can I say?

On the Cardassian, don't turn his small laser scalple (on the outside of his arm prothesis). Mine seems loose, and I don't want to break that part off. I tried turning it to see if it turns, but when posing him, would I honestly want it pointed in any direction but straight?

I think that perhaps Art Asylum should include a picture of the figure, or an outline drawing, that points out the INTENDED points of articulation. Mine is not broken (yet) but I don't see everyone being so fortunate.

What else? On a side note, my friend found me T'Pol (away team) and I secured Hoshi myself. Now I have everything except I can't find the Andorian or T'Pol's deluxe set that I need to build the bridge playset, (along with the yet unreleased Mayweather).

I can't wait for more Art Asylum stuff! This new year is going to be great! I'm going to wind up spending a fortune because I can't be content with just one of each, either!

Jayspawn
01-06-2003, 11:56 AM
I'm glad you're happy with the new figures Tycho. I still have yet to find the Borg line.

Does anybody have all or some of the Deluxe Bridge sets? Do they fit together well?

Prince Xizor
01-16-2003, 12:06 AM
I found the new Borg figures at Target today. They are wicked cool, except for their price. $9.99! Wow, I haven't paid that much for a single non-deluxe figure in a long time, if ever. I only had the money to get the Klingon, but hope to pick up the rest soon.

Tycho
01-16-2003, 01:38 AM
I finally got Hoshi, T'Pol, and the Andorian! (Shran is awesome!)

I'm now going to buy extras these are so good:

I'm going to find Archer on clearance to save him for his final showdown with an extra Siilik I'll pick up.

I'm going to get an extra Picard and Data to have them face the Borg (aren't they cool?)!

I'm going to get extra Borg because I'm sure they'll get around to Voyager figures eventually - and who were Janeway's primary enemies if not the Borg? I'd buy two Queen figures as well - one for each captain to square off with (Picard in First Contact, Janeway in every season since the 5th).

I'm going to keep an extra Shran figure if I can find another, as I'm sure they cast Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun, Brunt) in that role because he's going to be needed to be played by a reliable recurring actor since Andorians will become original members of the Federation of Planets once it starts to take form. Humans probably stop Andor from going to war with Vulcan, and form the alliance if I get things straight - and probably to foil a Romulan plot and fight the Klingons... That's where I see Enterprise going over the course of 7 years.

Anyway, these figures are really something to look forward to.

I know that next are the Classic figures from TOS, but I'm really looking forward to those characters from Kirk's crew in their movie uniforms pitted against their movie adversaries.

That and I can't wait for an extensive line from Deep Space Nine!

-tycho

kadamontaga
01-16-2003, 06:35 AM
How much would it cost to buy Picard and Data in the US?
I'm in the UK and to get those two figures here would cost the equivalent of $38, so I'm thinking of having someone import them for me. Does anyone know how much they each weigh when unopened?

Thanks

Jayspawn
01-16-2003, 12:37 PM
Nemises figures run about $7.99 in the U.S.

I finally picked up Nemises Data and while its a very cool figure, he can't hold his scanner. He didn't come with an extra set of hands to hold it.

kadamontaga
01-16-2003, 01:54 PM
You need to swap Data and Picard's accessories round. They hold each other's perfectly.

Prince Xizor
01-18-2003, 09:21 PM
O.K. so I broke down and finally bought 2 of the Nemesis figures that I have been holding off on getting. I grapped Picard and Shinzon from KB today. I like both of these figures, but I do have one gripe about Shinzon. He seems to have a little trouble standing up. Anyway else have this problem?

Tycho
01-18-2003, 10:54 PM
Just handle them delicately when you use any of their articulation.

Only my Reman Viceroy broke, but I was able to affect repairs to him without any loss of articulation or visible damage.

But others have commented too that these are not as sturdy as they should be - but they are nice!

Jayspawn
01-19-2003, 12:44 AM
I picked up Away Team Hoshi at TRU today. I've not a chance to bust her open yet but I'm looking forward to it. It was a toss up between her and T'Pol but I havn't a Hoshi yet so she won.

Jayspawn
01-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Ok, I opened up Away Team Hoshi and she's a cool figure. But aI can't figure out what this silver block thing is for. Does anybody know?

Tycho
01-20-2003, 11:05 AM
It's her oxygen cylinders. Put them in her backpack or she'll suffocate! - straight end first. Most of it will stick out. It's supposed to. It'll look just like it does on the show.

I may have to get more than 1 of each of the ladies. Their sculpt is very refined, but you can't tell with their gear on - yet that's the way you need them to make a diorama out of "Sleeping Dogs," when they discover the ship full of unconscious Klingons!

P.S. You were right to buy Hoshi, except for the Andorian and Nausicaan, she sells out first - since she's hot, and they didn't make a figure of her before. T'Pol sells out before Trip and Archer do, too - BTW.

Jayspawn
01-20-2003, 11:09 AM
Thanks Tycho. I'll give it a try.

kadamontaga
01-20-2003, 01:40 PM
So what do you guys think is the best Enterprise figure released to date? I think I said before, I haven't really watched much of the Enterprise show, but those away-team figures look great. I was thinking of getting Archer. What do you think to that?

Tycho
01-20-2003, 01:52 PM
Out of Enterprise figures only, huh?

It's still a tough choice, but Klaang the Klingon was nice and large, very detailed, and has lots of appropriate accessories!

The aliens always appeal to me. Since I finally got Shran, I'm digging him and looking for a second one - also an opener - as I bet he's going to have a lot to do with the birth of the Federation. The Andorians were original members, and this week he'll call on his old friend Captain Archer to settle the dispute between his people and the Vulcans, once and for all! I like how Shran is violent and threatening, but also going to be a key ally. I think they should add an Andorian to the crew on the show. Since the Vulcans have T'Pol there...

I also bought a second Sillik - as we know he's important. My first one is fighting Archer over Klaang, who's tied down to a torture chair from "Broken Bow."

As to the crew: yeah - Archer is probably the best likeness, while Trip Tucker is my favorite character. Meanwhile, Malcolm Reed's sculpt is perfect, as is Mayweather's. The women have very nice and shapely forms, so I have to like that. Hoshi looks great out of her extra-vehicle add-on accessories!

I agree the detail on the Away Team suits are perfect and just way too cool! But I guess since I know they'll do the crews, I dig on the aliens the most.

Klaang has to have that category covered! They haven't done better yet - and that even goes for him beating the Reman Viceroy, even though that's not what you asked.

kadamontaga
01-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the reply Tycho! I think I'll keep thinking it over for now. £12 is a lot of money to pay for a figure of a character I'm not even familiar with.
The away-team Archer does look cool. But since I don't really know the character I might have to go with a girl for the eye-candy factor.
Whatever I get, it'll have to come in an away-team uniform. They're just too funky.

Prince Xizor
01-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Does anybody know what Art Asylum is planning on doing next as far as Star Trek figures go? I would love to see the rest of the Next Generation crew, or even the original Trek crew. (How could you not want a William Shatner action figure.)

kadamontaga
01-22-2003, 01:55 PM
In 2003 Art Asylum will be tackling the Classic show in a 7" line, and they will also release a second wave of classic 'trek Minimates.

I also heard that some TNG minimates will be released later this year.

Jayspawn
01-27-2003, 09:14 AM
If any of you have a Tower Records near you, they marked down the Nemises figures to $1.99 each! I'll be picking up a Picard and Shinzon kater today I think. Great price!

I'm not sure which is my favorite figure so far. It would probably be Data or Malcom Reed- just on figures alone. The one I'm really looking forward to is Kirk.

kadamontaga
01-27-2003, 12:26 PM
$1.99?! No fair. The cheapest I've seen one was £7.99 ($13 US).
:( :(
Does anyone know how much a carded Data or Picard weigh? Or how much they'd cost to send to the UK?

Beast
01-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Check out figures.com. They have the mock-up packaging for the Classic Trek figures for this year, that was on display at UK Toy Fair. No figures on display, but packaging with articulation markings will wet your appetite. :)

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=101&show_article=102

Captain James T. Kirk (http://216.127.66.72/lts/albums/album02/aab.sized.jpg)
Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott (http://216.127.66.72/lts/albums/album02/aac.sized.jpg)
Lt. Commander Leonard H. McCoy (http://216.127.66.72/lts/albums/album02/aad.sized.jpg)
Ensign Pavel Chekov (http://216.127.66.72/lts/albums/album02/aae.sized.jpg)
Commander Spock (http://216.127.66.72/lts/albums/album02/aaf.sized.jpg)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
01-27-2003, 11:14 PM
Thanks for posting those JarJar!

Beast
01-27-2003, 11:22 PM
No problems, Tycho. I don't have any real intrest in any of the Star Trek lines. But I know they are popular around here. So I wanted to make sure you guys knew about them. Now if AA wants to make a new Borg Queen, I may have to open my wallet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
01-27-2003, 11:31 PM
Resistance is Futile!

(I just always wanted to post that...:rolleyes: )

Prince Xizor
01-28-2003, 12:02 AM
I give Art Asylum my vote for best packaging. All of their cards and bubbles rule.

Beast
02-13-2003, 03:32 AM
Action-Figures.com got an early peek at the AA Star Trek stuff at the US Toy Fair. Really nice looking classic figures. Better then their Enterprise stuff if you ask me. Definatly superior to their Nemesis figures, which looked poor in my opinion. These look amazingly lifelike, nice to see them doing justice to Khan, Uhura, Spock, Bones, and Kirk. :)

Classic Star Trek Figures (http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6902&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)
Star Trek Starships (http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6915&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)
Star Trek: TNG Minimates (http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6918&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)
Classic Star Trek Minimates (http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6908&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)
Figures.Com Exclusive "Trouble with Tribbles" Kirk Minimate (http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6903&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

wedgeA
02-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Thanks for those pics JJB! The TOS figures look incredible.

As a Trek fan/collector, I deem the house officially rocked.

Jayspawn
02-13-2003, 01:45 PM
Holy crap! Thos figures look cool!!!!AA reallyu outdid themselves this time. They really got the likeness of the characters down! And that looks like a very cool chair that a Kirk figure may come with. That Enterprise A looks sweet! And I'm glad to see they are completing the TOS Mini Mates. Looks like we're getting Kang, Uhura, Scotty, Sulu and Checkov. I'm stoked! This is gonna be a great year for Star Trek!

Beast
02-13-2003, 02:10 PM
No probs guys, like I said before I don't collect the line and don't really care. But I want to make sure you guys get the news when something comes up. The classic series crew does look very nice though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-13-2003, 11:00 PM
Figures.com has their coverage up now also. Here's somthing Action-Figure.com didn't have a picture of. It's figures of Kirk and Spock from the "Mirror, Mirror" episode of Star Trek. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
02-14-2003, 02:27 AM
Woah! I didn't see those before. I'm getting too excited over these figures. I'm a huge Original Series fan, so I should relish it all I can.

"I have my reasons. And I'll make them clear to you, in my own good time." - Captain Kirk in "Mirror, Mirror"

mrmiller
02-14-2003, 11:01 AM
The new line of OT figures looks awesome. Figures.com has a lot more pics posted now. I can't wait to get these, but first I still need the rest of the bridge crew for Enterprise- What's the hold up there?

QLD
02-14-2003, 08:53 PM
WOW!

These are the first Star Trek figures I have wanted to buy.....in....well......EVER!

They look FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I just hope they plan on doing TNG figures as well. the only bad thing about this is, it makes me think of how much better SW and Babylon 5 figures could be. *sigh*

JediTricks
02-14-2003, 08:59 PM
The Ent-A looks fantastic, although the paint seems a little heavy-handed. Still, I'm really anticipating this toy's release.

The TOS figs look awesome, the Captain's chair set is definitely doing to be something I'll own no matter what.

As for the figures.com exclusive mini-mate, I only wish I knew someone who was a figures.com reporter... :D

AmanaMatt
02-15-2003, 02:11 AM
These are truly awsome. I'll get them all. This is making up for my disappointment with the direction Hasbro is taking with Star wars as of late.

As for the Enterprise finishing series, the line didn't super hot (apparently), so they may come out as exclusives, with Standard Trip a NewForce one.

Jayspawn
02-15-2003, 12:46 PM
I think there's some hope to get regular Phlox, Hoshi and Tripp. I really wish we got the rest of the Enterprise crew for 'Nemises' I still want Riker, LaForge, Crusher, Troi and Worf (fingers tightly crossed).

I'm totally stoked aobut the TOS figures, Art Asylum has really outdone themselves. I hope they make Scotty, Chekov and Sulu later on.

AA does have Next Generation figures planed later down the road.

AmanaMatt
02-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Yes, the rest of the crew, and the Mirror Mirror Kirk and Spock will all be included in wave 2.

Jayspawn
03-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Just a little Star Trek news to report. My KB is running a buy 1 get 1 free sale on Star Trek figures. This includes all Enterprise, Away Team, and Nemesis figures. I picked up Picard and Away Team Tripp.

Also, my Media Play has the Archer and Reed Deluxe Bridge sets 1/2 OFF!!! That makes them like $12.99. Awesome price!

Jayspawn
03-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Wohoo! Great Star Trek news! New Force Comics is taking pre-orders for Tripp in his Starfleet Uniform! He's running $11.99 (+s &h). Not too bad a price. Tripp is to be shipping out in June (I believe).

Now all we need is 2 other places to pickup Hoshi and Phlox in their uniforms.

*Just a reminder, Figures.com will soon be taking pre-orders for the Captain Kirk MiniMate from "The Trouble w/ Tribbles" Exclusive.

"Well Cyrno Jones says that a Tribble is the only love money can buy." - Lt. Uhura

Jayspawn
03-24-2003, 12:49 AM
The new Lee's just hit stands and has some great pics of the upcoming Classic line. I don't think I'll get my wish but I'd hoped that they come with a TON of accessories like the Enterprise figures. Spock is going to have the Vulcan Salute hand, I hope he comes with a removable basic hand as well.

Tycho
03-24-2003, 01:48 AM
I go on ArtAsylum's forums too, and much to our disappointment, learned from the company that no, they will not come with a lot of accessories, but maybe just one.

Kirk - phaser
Spock - tricorder
Bones - Medical tricorder
Uhura - communicator

I think that's around it.

Not sure what Khan comes with. Likely a phaser, too. (The one he crushed bare-handed would be cool - molded to look crushed I mean.)

They might sell accessory packs for low cost, they say.

They have to keep the total cost in each packaged figure at a certain price-point. Adding accessories, as small and dumb as it sounds, supposedly raises their cost past the business manager's formula.

Star Trek's hard for them to profit from anyway.

I have little hope we'll see Deep Space Nine or Voyager figures. (but I'm really wishing for them).

Jayspawn
03-25-2003, 01:18 AM
Accessory Packs would be great. Some extra phasers, tricorders and communicators would really come in handy. A Tribble accessory set would be sweet!

McCoy: "Do you know what you get when you feed a Tribble too much?"

Kirk: "A fat Tribble?"

McCoy: "No, you get a whole bunch of hungry little Tribbles."

mrmiller
03-25-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Wohoo! Great Star Trek news! New Force Comics is taking pre-orders for Tripp in his Starfleet Uniform! He's running $11.99 (+s &h). Not too bad a price. Tripp is to be shipping out in June (I believe).

Now all we need is 2 other places to pickup Hoshi and Phlox in their uniforms.

Yea, I hope someone does pick these two up- I haven't heard any news on it either. Even if it's a Fan Club thing, or Toyfare Mag mail away. Please someone get these so I can finish my bridge crew!

The Classic Trek line looks awesome, I hope they make the entire bridge crew as well.

=MATT=

Jayspawn
04-04-2003, 10:55 AM
So far, the entire Classic bridge crew is planned. Lets hope it stays that way.

Just a reminder, Figures.com (www.figures.com) is now taking orders for the Captain Kirk MiniMate from "The Trouble with Tribbles". He's running $6.99 +s&h and limited to 5,000 pieces. I believe he's scheduled to ship aroung May/June sometime.

JediTricks
04-09-2003, 03:15 AM
I finally bought Archer and Reed for $3 each at Target, and then bought Trip in EVA outfit at TRU for full price. I hate the rubber midsections on Archer and Reed, but I don't understand why the EVA outfit doesn't have them - instead opting for a very standard swivel hip. The EVA outfit is the only one where I think the rubber midsection would make sense since they don't do a lot of sitting or large movements in these costumes. The swivel hip is disappointing, but the rest of this figure is awesome and Trip looks pretty cool without the helmet and chest section - like an engineer on an old starship should, in a protective suit. The only other thing that's frustrating to me about the EVA Trip is that he's SO much shorter than regular duty uniform Archer & Reed.

I was able to swap heads with Trip and Malcolm, but because Trip's neck is longer to accomodate the EVA suit, it looked a little weird so I switched them back. It's a simple ball joint, but I can see it breaking if you do it more than a few times or aren't somewhat careful.

I think AA did a great job with the heads and the accessories, but the rubber should be kept minimal on future figures like it is with the EVA figs so it won't hamper joint movement. But I also feel ball-jointed hips are a must-have, otherwise the leg poses seem restricted.

JediTricks
04-16-2003, 03:24 AM
Picked up T'pol and the Klingon for $3 each. Both are pretty good figures, but already I'm noticing problems with the rubber materials. On Reed and T'pol, the paint is cracking and flaking off of their backs, and on Archer, the crotch is starting to look like it's giving up (I left him in a wide-stanced action pose over night to cause this - apparently, I'm bad for wanting to enjoy my figures on my own terms). The Klingon figure (Klaang, right? I really didn't care about his name ;)) is pretty cool, but both sets of hands seem to have no desire to stay in their sockets. T'pol's arm joints are very small and flimsy and feel like they're gonna break so it's not much fun to alter her pose much. Oh, and the Klingon's rubber hair was glued onto his head leaving a faint white glue residue around the hairline that is really unattractive, reminds me of my impatient model-building days where I used Krazy Glue instead of something slower and ended up with that white frost all over the place.

Ultimately, for $3 each, I am satiated, but my favorite is still the only one I paid full price for, EVA Trip; and that's the only figure I have from this Enterprise line that I'd be willing to pay that much for too.

Jayspawn
04-16-2003, 11:42 AM
See I like all the Enterprise figures. My favorite is probably Reed. He stands the best and has the most accessories. I paid full price for them and have no regrets about it. I like both Nemisis Picard and Data figures. I just wish they made (or were going to make) the rest of the crew.

Just a few more months till CLASSIC!

Jayspawn
05-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Good news for those who have not picked up the Enterprise Bridge sets. My Target marked the Archer and Reed sets down to $4.98. Best price IMO. They're neat, but I wouldn't pay the full $24.99 for them.

Jayspawn
05-05-2003, 06:17 PM
I think this kinda stinks but what do ya do. Looks as if Captain Kirk in the yellow uniform is gonna be a con exclusive. Why does San Diego get all the good exclusives? It's aparently gonna be a Wizard World exclusive also. Am I right in saying that it's gonna be offered in ToyFare as well?

"Insufficient data is not sufficient Mr. Spock. You're the science officer, you're supposed to have sufficient data all the time." - Captain Kirk

Tycho
05-07-2003, 04:15 AM
Full size Captain Kirk in the yellow uniform? Is that the Deluxe one with the Captain's chair?

A SAN DIEGO COMIC CON Exclusive?

I'm so there!

I'll travel all the way to San Diego for that figure!

Jayspawn
05-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Yes to all of the above Tycho.

Jayspawn
05-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Not really figure related, but I recieved the Kirk and Spock mini-busts in the mail today. They're very cool! I recomend them to any Classic fan.

That aside, it looks like Series 2 of Classic Star Trek is going to have Sulu, Scott, Chekov, Kirk and Spock from "Mirror, Mirror." Figures.com has some pictures. Another great wave from Art Asylum.

JediTricks
05-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Heh heh, the gag was that Tycho lives in San Diego already. ;)

Sadly, the chair is totally cancelled, only the figure will be released. I hope to get the fig, but I really would have loved the chair too.

Jayspawn
07-10-2003, 09:57 PM
Well I'm hearing online that the Classic series have left the overseas warehouses and are on their way to the US!!! Yeah!

QLD
07-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Sweet!!! Who is going to be carrying these things? I must have them.

Jayspawn
07-10-2003, 11:37 PM
I'll bet that we'll see them at KB, Toys'R'Us, and of Target of course. Speaking of which, my Target has is clearenceing off their Borg Assimilation figures at $6- something now. Looks like they're making room for all the Classic figures.

Remember we should be getting all these things around the same time...

Kirk, Spock, Uhura, McCoy and Khan action figures
Enterprise A
2 piece Phaser
Mirror Kirk, Sulu, Chekov, Scotty, Uhura and Klingon MiniMates Series 2

Tycho
07-11-2003, 05:38 AM
I think I'm only buying:

1 more of each Borg while on sale.

Exclusive Comic Con yellow-shirt Captain Kirk
Khan

and making those last two fight.

I have the Playmates Classic figures.

I'm really waiting for AA to do the Classic characters in cool movie uniforms from ST II-VI, and especially extra enemies and aliens from those same movies!

Oh - I'll get the 1701-A replica ship for sure!

Jayspawn
07-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Probably won't happen, but I want there to be an Exclusive Cyrano Jones figure with 100 Tribbles! Haha! :D

Oh another reminder, NewForceComics.com has the Exclusive Tripp Tucker in Uniform IN STOCK for $11.99.

Tycho
07-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Probably won't happen, but I want there to be an Exclusive Cyrano Jones figure with 100 Tribbles! Haha! :D

Oh another reminder, NewForceComics.com has the Exclusive Tripp Tucker in Uniform IN STOCK for $11.99.

I pre-ordered 2 of Trip when he was first made available. Has anyone who pre-ordered from NewForce got their Tucker figure yet?

Rick said he was starting to ship them on ArtAsylum's forums. (Rick is way cool - he tells you all the inside scoop on Mayweather Deluxe, etc).

JediTricks
07-11-2003, 07:43 PM
Tycho, gonna send me one of those Trip figs? :D I didn't even know about this, woulda bought it if I had. NFC is pretty cool, but kinda far out of the loop for exclusives (this is far from their first Trek exclusive).

There's rumor that TRU is not going to carry the TOS figures... I wasn't surprised, but was disappointed.

Jayspawn
07-19-2003, 11:51 AM
The Classic figures have hit Ebay! That means they should be in stores soon!

"Insufficient data is not sufficient Mr. Spock. You're the science officer, you're supposed to have sufficient data all the time!" - Captain Kirk

Tycho
07-19-2003, 10:23 PM
I saw them all at Comic Con and I bought the exclusive Kirk.

He is awesome! Scotty is the best likeness in my opinion, but the Mirror Mirror figures are making me so impatient and wishful that they were in the first wave. Dang they are cool!

There are more accessories than we were led to believe: tricorders, communicators, phasers seem standard on all of them. Before I once heard that each character was only going to have 1 accessory.

I'm glad to see that ArtAsylum is much better than that.

I met Digger by the way: he is a really cool dude and he cares a lot about Star Trek and its fans. The line is in good hands.

Jayspawn
07-20-2003, 12:00 AM
I really, really want one of those Yellow Kirks. I would really like to meet Digger too. I've heard cool stuff about him. At least they are making the whole original cast. Extra crew members would be cool too, like Teoman Rand or Nurse Chapel.

(Tycho, if you're able to help me out with a Kirk, send me a pm)

JediTricks
07-20-2003, 09:58 PM
Sadly, everybody was limited to 1 Kirk, verified by a stamp on the pass or something, I believe. This is a figure I wanted Tycho to get me as well, so I know of the heartbreak of which I speak. :cry: ;)

Glad to hear there are more accessories with these, too bad Digger made "regular" Kirk an exclusive, if collectors had more accessories with each fig (which apparently, they do, but few knew till recently) and "casual" Kirk had been the exclusive, I bet TRU and WM wouldn't have dropped the line before it even came out.

Jayspawn
07-20-2003, 10:31 PM
The more accessories the better. I hope AA makes Tribbles. Extra packs would be awesome!

Tycho
07-21-2003, 12:59 AM
TRU dropped the line?

I didn't hear that. In truth, I spent only 1 day at Art Asylum's boothe because Wed was preview night. Thursday I went only at the last several hours to do Del Rey and Dark Horse interviews, and plan our stage time for the Watto and Yoda sales.

Friday, all day, was Star Wars panel discussions and the Clone Wars cartoon preview, so I never made it to the dealer rooms.

Saturday I spent at the Star Wars Fan Club breakfast, then at a "lecture" by Hasbro to "get the news straight" in which a closed meeting with the toy company and SSG, RS, and GH went on and on about the Sandcrawler and the leaking of the orient's new product poster with Rieeken, the escape pod, etc., which surprised them (but not too much, considering the resources of the sites we're talking about). Then I went to a Smallville event, and spent the rest of the afternoon clearing SSG to take the stage during Sunday's Star Wars event where Steve Sansweet, John Morton (thank you DAK!), and Daniel Logan (such a cool young guy!) helped us promote SSG's charity cause for the Friends of Parks and Recreation Foundation in front of a room that seated 1040!

Sunday, I guarded Watto and Yoda and watched the BattleStar Galactica: The Second Coming, Richard "Apollo" Hatch's awesome return to Battlestar, and then qucikly helped the 501st Imperial Legion set the stage for Sunday's main Star Wars event.

The evening after that, I worked "for" Hasbro, talking to most of their online retail partners about our payment program plan that would allow collectors to get a larger, more deatiled Millennium Falon, plus I gave Hasbro our forum suggestions for the improved, retooled Sandcrawler, and John Morton invited me to go with him and his wife on a quest to find a Dak Ralter action figure at Comic Con, upon which he was stoked to see it for the first time, never knowing the figure had existed, expecially before Rogue Squadron Mates Hobbie and Jansen!

That was fun and the moment got shared with ...."Wow! This thread is about the Star Trek figures and I had such a great (and busy) time at Comic Con, that I can't contain how cool this convention was!"

Oh yeah: the Star Trek figures were really neat, too.

Jayspawn
07-22-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm hitting Ebay this weekend to find a Yellow Kirk figure. Does anybody know how much they were at SDCC? I heard $12. Hopefully I'll find one around $20 or so. Tycho, did you get one?

Anyways, while we're waiting for the Classic figures to show up, and we're all fans of Star Trek figures, what figures do you guys have on your Star Trek/Art Asylum wishlists?

I'd really like to see....

- Captain Kirk, Spock, Dr. McCoy, Sulu, Scotty, Uhura and Chekov in their red Movie jackets.

- Lt. Saavik (Kirsty Alley) from STII

- KHAN!!!!! from STII

- Captain Kirk in Captain's Vest from "Generations"

- Captain Koloth, Lt. Breman and Cyrano Jones from "The Trouble w/ Tribbles"

- Yeoman Janice Rand, Lt. Kevin Riley and Nurse Chapel (Classic)

- Kirk and Spock from "A Piece of the Action" "Amok Time" and "City on the Edge of Forever"

JediTricks
07-22-2003, 12:51 AM
I believe Kirk was $20.

As for figs, I'd like to see ST2 figs mentioned above except with Scotty in his engineer's suit (the evac-style white jumpsuit with the techy stuff on it). A movie-era transporter room playset, a movie-era bridge playset, and other "never gonna happen" sets like that. ;)

What I'd really like to see more of though are the ships, a Klingon BOP, Miranda-class (USS Reliant), Excelsior-class, saucer-separating Galaxy-class, Spacedock (yeah right), and ST1:TMP Klingon D7. Maybe also an Oberth (USS Grissom), TOS-era Klingon D7, a Nebula-class (USS Faragut, could have swappable weapons pod to contain both variations of the ship), and the USS Prometheus.

Tycho
07-22-2003, 01:06 AM
Kirk was $15 at Comic Con. Worth it, too!

I'm going to buy Khan, hopefully at retail. I don't know if I'll get the whol ecrew this time. I have these Playmates figures.

I want:

TOS Crew in red movie uniforms - wishfully with deluxe bridge builder sets from the 1701 refit

TOS in away team uniforms from STV

TOS in doctors' disguises from ST IV

TOS in civilian clothes from ST IV

Gorkin, Aztebur, Chang, General, assorted prisoners from Khitomer & Warden from ST VI

Lt. Saavik and Valeris

Spock in his black robe and in his white robe

Oh hell - everything from movie Trek with TOS!

Then DEEP SPACE NINE and Voyager with some TNG fill-in being nice - especially Riker.

I got my 2 Trip Tucker figures in the mail from NewForceComics today btw! That was exciting to follow up from Comic COn.

I also want Hoshi and Phlox in regular cuniforms they wear around the ship, and Malcom Reed in space gear!

Jayspawn
07-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Yeahhh!!! I won Yellow Kirk off Ebay for $20 exactly! Now I have to wait till he arrives!!! :D

Jayspawn
07-25-2003, 04:53 PM
FYI, KBKids.com has the Classic Phaser by AA IN STOCK! $24.99. I believe it will be cheaper at retail. Hopefully the other figures are not far behind.

BTW, Michael Crawford has a great review of SDCC 'Yellow' Captain Kirk at Figures.com along with soime fantastic pictures. The Shatner likeness is incredible!

Jayspawn
07-26-2003, 11:53 PM
My Yellow Kirk arrived in the mail today! This is looking to be a great action figure line. I love the phaser rifle, it makes me laugh and remember how Kirk brought it to fight Lt. Gary Mitchell. :D

Jayspawn
07-28-2003, 12:43 AM
I picked up Shran at KB this afternoon for $4.99. Good price, cool figure. This makes me want an Original Series Andorian from "Journey to Babel."

Tycho
07-28-2003, 03:56 AM
Good find. I had to get help getting Shran.

He's a great figure.

JediTricks
07-28-2003, 09:58 PM
I didn't even know that figure was out!

Jayspawn
07-28-2003, 10:14 PM
KBkids.com has the Enterprise A in STOCK NOW!!!!!!!! $24.99.

Jayspawn
08-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Well the Enterprise is gone now but more and more Classic figures are showing up on Ebay. They should be showing in stores soon. I hope.

JediTricks
08-15-2003, 02:34 AM
Thanks to a good friend, I have the yellow-shirt Kirk exclusive figure. It's pretty good, but I dunno about this new material for the shirt, and the head up close has 1 rosy cheek and 1 normal-looking one, like his stunt double had been in a fight. ;) Also, the neck under the collar line has a TON of gloppiness on it, looks like Kirk has some sort of wrap-around space-tumor... or 3. The accessories are nice, though the rifle is bland (mainly thanks to the prop's design, not the toy itself), and I have a feeling I'll never need that extra hand - what is it with AA and extra hands? The legs being standard T-crotch joints that can't go backwards feel very limited in pose to me compared to universal joints and such, but I like the sculpt enough to forgive. Ultimately, I think they did the line a massive disservice by making this one the exclusive, THIS is the captain of the Enterprise, not that green wrap-around wearing jerk. :D

Jayspawn
08-16-2003, 09:16 PM
I don't know JT. My Yellow Kirk has a clean paint job and is very pristine. No messy spots or anything. I like the Yellow shirt more, but the Captain DID wear the Green wrap-around shirt for almost a whole season.

BTW, NewForceComics.com has the Enterprise A and Phaser IN STOCK NOW!

Tycho
08-16-2003, 11:27 PM
Anybody get Kahn yet? I really want him bad!

Jayspawn
08-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Amazon HAD most of Classic Series 1 in stock but the shipping was horrendus. So I'm waiting. Any time now...

"Kaaaahhhhnnn!!!"

Jayspawn
08-18-2003, 12:17 AM
*ahem* KBkids.com has Classic Star Trek Series 1 IN STOCK NOW!!!!!! Only Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Uhura and Kahn $9.99 each! They also have the Enterprise A and Phaser!

Rebelscum has a coupon code for 20% off at the site. Get it! I got free shipping and more! GO! GO! GO!

"Spock you're the most cold blooded man I've ever known." - Dr. McCoy

"Why thank you doctor." - Spock

JediTricks
08-18-2003, 05:51 AM
I don't know JT. My Yellow Kirk has a clean paint job and is very pristine. No messy spots or anything. I like the Yellow shirt more, but the Captain DID wear the Green wrap-around shirt for almost a whole season. The "relaxed" wrap-around outfit was in the latter 2 seasons, but nowhere near as much in those 2 seasons as the standard yellow duty tunic (and in most, even shared screentime with the duty one, Kirk would wear one then the other in the same ep).

BTW folks, it's "Khan".

smurfvader
08-18-2003, 05:05 PM
I just saw these figures for the first time this Saturday. Kirk was good, but the Spock and McCoy are awesome. I can't wait for Newforce to ship them.

JIm

Jayspawn
08-20-2003, 11:20 AM
KB has shipped mine, they should arrive in the next few days!

JediTricks
08-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Spotted all of wave 1 and Trek Tek TOS Phaser at my local comic shop - they wanted $15 per fig and $30 for the phaser, I didn't bite. The figures all look great, although green shirt Kirk's shirt was awful, the bottom edge was all jagged and grody. Phaser looked really good, the lack of metallic paint is much more kind to this prop replica than the Enterprise Phase Pistol.

Jayspawn
08-21-2003, 11:16 PM
I found all of the Classic Series 1 tonight at Media Play. They are ALL very impressive. Art Asylum really kicks *** with this line. They had 2 of each and all look incredible, clean paint jobs too. No phaser or Enterprise yet.

JediTricks
08-23-2003, 01:53 AM
Jayspawn, how much were the figs there?

Found Ent-A yesterday at my local comic shop. It was $35, but my mom bought it for me anyway as an early birthday present. Sure, it's $15 over MSRP, but with the distribution problems this line has been having and shipping charges (and wait time) from ordering online, this wasn't as bad a deal.

I've been waiting for this toy for about 25 years now, nearly my whole life, and AA delivers on this one pretty darn well. For the price, it cannot be beat - nothing Playmates produced at this scale comes anywhere near this quality. Before I commense gushing, I should probably get the other half of that equation out of the way...

Compared to the AA prototype, the production Enterprise-A has way fewer paint details. Besides the panel lines that were painted in (which were too heavy on the proto), paint around the lower RCS thrusters is gone, red outlines on phasers and RCS thrusters is gone, window detail paint jobs all gone except on observation deck and atrium, impulse deflection crystal housing not painted blue, the inboard flux chillers on the warp nacelles aren't painted black around the clear blue plastic ribs, and the red details above the shuttlebay are gone; even with all that, it looks great and has some good paint detailing, but it's a lot less than the proto. Other stuff: the smaller text details painted on the ship are a little too big compared to the proto and to accuracy, the translucent plastic on the inboard warp flux chillers and main deflector are clear instead of milky so the bulb and guts are too easily seen, and all of the blue paint details stand out way too much compared to the film version - this is especially noticable on the secondary hull where it meets the dorsal neck and the area near that around the deflector, all this is done without the required subtlety and stands out like a sore thumb. Finally, on the matter of paint, a lot of the ship's sculpted detail like "aztec" tile pattern doesn't really come out in normal light, this might have warranted a very subtle paint wash to overcome this and given the ship more detail and less of a "plastic toy" look. Oh, to accomodate the dome of the bridge being the sound light, they had to fatten up the lines of the bridge a little making it slightly more squared in profile than it should be; and the sensor dome on the underside of the saucer where the sound comes out can be looked through which kinda sucks, a plastic "+"-shaped divider in there would have solved this.

On mine, the "ENTERPRISE" on the back of the shuttlebay deck is partially missing, the left impulse vent is partially covered by a blop of gray paint which can't be removed because it takes away the red paint underneath and scratches up the vent's sculpt. The warp nacelle pylons just ever so slightly off, with the starboard (right) nacelle dipping lower than the port one - this can be corrected when holding it by pushing the starboard pylon, I think the problem is the way the pylons are mounted to the secondary hull. Also, the construction on the impulse engine on mine is none so great, it's gappy and not quite properly aligned. Then there's the misalignment of certain panels - most of which I can forgive since they're minor and had to do with construction of the toy, but there's one oddball panel on the left side right before the shuttlebay, there seems to be no reason for this to be re-applied at all, there's no electronics or anything of that nature this far back.

Ok, now I've been brutally honest, so it's time to show some love. ;)

Holy crap is this thing awesome! The same price point as Playmates ships and the same size, but 10 times the accuracy and detail, and more sounds and lights to boot. I haven't even bothered with the stand yet, but it seems nifty too. The warp pylon connection piece is ever so slightly floppy - at most it rocks side to side a millimeter or 2 - but other than that this sucker is solid and I really appreciate that because in the hands of another company, there could be several crucial parts that threatened to break off. That's what I love about AA's 2 Trek ships so far, they're model quality sculpting on toy quality design and materials for a great price.

The colors and decos here are very nice (except for the issues I mentioned above), and the ship's lines are very accurate. The electronics are pretty nifty too, although the "phasers" sound is from the wrong series I think and the "under attack" isn't as cool as the version in Art Asylum's NX-01, but it's great to hear the right torpedoes and transporter and warp flyby; there are plenty of lights, including the lights under the bridge and in the deck-2 observation lounge which was quite surprising to me - I only wish the photon torpedo launchers lit up, then it'd be perfect. I love the port docking hatch and the one behind the bridge, that's great detail; the 2 sets of docking rings on the secondary hull are nice too. Another great thing about this toy is that it's in scale with the AA NX-01 starship, I double checked to be sure. I can't imagine them being able to stick with this scale with TNG ships or the Ent-E, but it's a good touch here.

Ultimately, I can't imagine this being much better, the Ent-A is going to be one of the top toys in my collection for a long time.

Tycho
08-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Great review JediTricks! You made me want to order the 1701-A online versus wait for the retailers to get it in stock!

BTW: They could do a very decent Klingon BOP, the Defiant, or Voyager and keep the ships in scale.

I'd love an online exclusive or something to keep the "E" in scale, though I don't know if it will ever happen.

Jayspawn
08-23-2003, 11:39 AM
The Classic figures at Media Play were $12.99 but look the price!

I'm glad you love the Enterprise A JT! I can't wait to get mine. I've been saying that this is gonne be one of the better action figure lines this year. I can't wait to see how the Phaser works!

"Phasers on stun, wide field" - Captain Kirk in "Return of the Archons"

Jayspawn
08-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Well I just bit my tounge. Right after I posted in this section, my mailman arrived at my door with my Classic Star Trek figures from KB! It billed, shipped and arrived within 3 days! Impressive!

BUT not as impressive as those figures! Incredible and Amazing isn't enough to describe them.

"I'm gonna click my heels and jump for joy, I got a clean bill of health from Dr. McCoy!" - Adam in "The Way To Eden"

JediTricks
08-24-2003, 11:59 PM
Great review JediTricks! You made me want to order the 1701-A online versus wait for the retailers to get it in stock!

BTW: They could do a very decent Klingon BOP, the Defiant, or Voyager and keep the ships in scale.

I'd love an online exclusive or something to keep the "E" in scale, though I don't know if it will ever happen.Yeah, waiting for this would have killed me.

The KBOP wouldn't be that big in this scale, but I'd love to see AA give it a shot - especially if its wings moved. Defiant would be somewhat tiny, at most the size of the Ent-A's saucer section, but if they included the Defiant and the KBOP together at $20 or $25, I'd so totally be there. Playmate's Voyager is pretty close already, maybe 15% under scale, so I probably wouldn't bother. There are a ton of ships I'd love to see in this scale, and a few ships I'd love to see AA tackle out of this scale.

Jayspawn, that's too much IMO, especially when NewForce has 'em for under $10 each. I'll be getting them that way, along with the Phaser probably, but I couldn't resist my Enterprise... probably get another one! Glad to hear you got your figs, nice timing. Which ones did you get? I'm thinking about not getting Khan and green shirt Kirk, but I probably would regret that. ;)

Tycho
08-25-2003, 12:34 AM
No denying ArtAsylum's topped the scales with these figures, but I wanted Khan the most because I don't have a Playmates figure of him in this outfit!

JediTricks
08-25-2003, 01:37 AM
No denying ArtAsylum's topped the scales with these figures, but I wanted Khan the most because I don't have a Playmates figure of him in this outfit!
That's probably because they didn't make one. :D

Tycho
08-25-2003, 02:32 AM
Hey Guys, I've been over to ArtAsylum's message boards, and they have referred to Legacy assortments several times.

Rumors are that there will be new waves of assorted figures from all the genres.

The most often said is that the standard 6 figure assortments will feature one character from each series and the movies, but treading lightly with Enterprise.

This seems to be the way they'll test the waters for Voyager and DS9 figures.

What do you guys want?

Riker in FC uniform is high on my list.
Hoshi in duty uniform still needs doing.
Phlox in his lab clothes aches to be made.
Reed in his spacesuit, too.

Borgs "continued" would work for me as well: Vulcan, human, Bollian?
Got any better ideas for species? I'm against a Ferengi Borg!

Borg Queen would do good, too.

TOS in their movie uniforms would rank at the top for me.
DS9'ers, too!

SAMPLE WAVE IDEAS:

1) Phlox in duty clothes
2) Kor from TOS
3) Riker from FC
4) Captain Sisko in FC uniform
5) Neelix
6) Spock in TWOK uniform

1) Reed in space suit
2) salt vampire from TOS
3) Worf in FC uniform
4) Kira as Colonel
5) Captain Janeway
6) Scotty in work clothes (TVH)

1) Hoshi in duty uniform
2) Elan of Trois
3) LaForge in FC uniform
4) Odo
5) Chakotay
6) Captain Kirk in TWOK uniform

1) Rigellian Dancer (with the tongue)
2) Romulan Soldier
3) Deanna Troi in FC uniform
4) Chief O'Brien in FC uniform
5) Tuvok
6) Captain Sulu in TUC uniform

1) Ambassador Savaal
2) Uhura in MirrorMirror bikini
3) Chancellor Gowron
4) Gul Dukat
5) Seven of Nine
6) Dr. McCoy in TWOK uniform

etc, etc, - I could go on to every TOS movie wardrobe change (I want 'em!) and the Niners Baseball Team (I want them too!)

Kirk and McCoy as 20th Century Doctors would be great! (TVH)

Who doesn't want this stuff?

I just wished Trek had a better market for it.

Jayspawn
08-25-2003, 10:08 AM
What I really want to see next, assuming they are released in waves of 5 figures....

From "The Original Series"
1. Kirk in Gangster outfit from "A Piece of the Action"
2. Spock in Gangster outfit from "A Piece of the Action."
3. Captain Koloth from "Tribbles"
4. The Gorn from "Arena"
5. Yeoman Janice Rand

From "The Wrath of Khan"
1. Admiral Kirk in red duty uniform
2. Captain Spock in red duty uniform
3. Khan
4. Lt. Saavik (Kirsty Alley)
5. Captain Terrell in red duty uniform

From "assorted TOS films"
1. Scotty in Enguineer's vest
2. Captain Sulu from "Undiscovered"
3. Chekov in red duty uniform
4. Lt. Uhura in red duty uniform
5. Dr. McCoy in red duty uniform

From "Generations"
1. Captain Kirk in Captain's Tunic
2. Scotty in red duty uniform
3. Captain Picard in DS9 uniform
4. Dr. Tolian Sauron
5. Captain Jonathan Harriman

From "First Contact"
1. Borg Queen
2. Borg Drone
3. Borgafied Data
4. Captain Picard in Captain's Tunic
5. Laforge in duty uniform

From "assorted TNG films"
1. Riker in duty uniform
2. Worf in duty uniform
3. Deanna Troi in duty uniform
4. Dr. Crusher in duty uniform

From "Enterprise"
1. Dr. Phlox
2. Hoshi in duty uniform

and From "The DS9 Episode:Trials and Tribbleations"
1. Captain Sisko in yellow command uniform
2. Dr. Bashir in blue medical uniform
3. Dax in red service uniform
4. Chief O'Brien in red enguineering outfit
5. Arne Darvin (past or present)

If this were it, I'd be all set!

mrmiller
08-27-2003, 08:57 PM
How much are these at reatail? I haven't seen them anywhere, but Joe Scalper has them for $15. Are any short packed that I need to pick up first? Any help would be great- Thanks!

=MATT=

JediTricks
08-28-2003, 03:12 AM
I think they MSRP for $8.

Jayspawn
08-28-2003, 08:45 PM
None of them are short packed. They come in even cases.

mrmiller
08-29-2003, 01:07 AM
Thanks. then I'll probablly skip Joe Scalper for now. I thought I might pick up a Short Pack if there was any, but since he had them all for $15, I didn't think there was one.

=MATT=

Jayspawn
09-08-2003, 10:28 AM
Yeah! I just found out that my Scotty and Dr. McCoy MiniBusts are shipping out this morning! Sideshow is also shipping out their Gorn Bust which I'll get off Ebay. What an excellent line of collectibles too.

I decided I'll probably get the Classic set off Avon. It can be a backup set just in case.

Tycho
09-08-2003, 12:31 PM
I got my Classic figure I wanted at Suncoast Video.

They're getting them in, and after tax (in California) they cost exactly $14 each.

smurfvader
09-08-2003, 05:43 PM
I got my Classic figure I wanted at Suncoast Video.

They're getting them in, and after tax (in California) they cost exactly $14 each.

I've also been seeing them at video game stores. There's one called Planet X that had them.

JIm

Jayspawn
09-12-2003, 10:41 AM
A local collector store has them for $10 a piece. I thought I might go pick up a backup set. They have the Phaser there for too much $$$ but it's a cool toy. I can't wait to get one.

Tycho
09-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Hope the line continues and we get the Xindi and some Space Marines!

Jayspawn
09-13-2003, 12:11 AM
I think AA is done with Enterprise figures for a while. :)

Jayspawn
09-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Hey! My Scotty and Dr. McCoy Mini Busts arrived in the mail yesterday! The likenesses on these are incredible, they look just like James Doohan and DeForrest Kelly. Definatly work tracking down if you're a big TOS fan like me.

Jayspawn
09-23-2003, 09:50 PM
More Star Trek stuff! Alright! My Classic Phaser and Enterprise A arrived from NewForce today. And let me tell ya, they're some great toys too! The phaser is very cool, it has a bunch of settings on it, does lots of stuff.

JT wasn't kidding on the Enterprise A either. Another great toy. Perfect size. All the lights and sounds it makes are awesome! I can't wait for the Enterprise E. Hell, AA can make which ever Enterprise they want as long as they make em like this! I'm happy! AA's Classic Trek figures are amoung my favorite!

Jayspawn
09-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Hey JediTricks, whats the best way to remove that plastic under the Enterprise A's nacels? I got most of it out but theres still a little bit left.

JediTricks
09-28-2003, 10:30 PM
What plastic under the nacelles?

Jayspawn
09-30-2003, 10:12 AM
My Enterprise A came with a sheet of plastic secured under the base of the nacels- where they connect to the base of the ship!

JediTricks
10-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Oh, I don't remember having any trouble with that at all.

Jayspawn
10-02-2003, 12:53 AM
It's not much a problem now. I worked on it. Still a great toy, the Phaser is awesome too! Thats fun to play with.

Tycho
11-18-2003, 01:56 PM
Not sure if this would have helped, but perhaps if the ST lines come out with less than all the human crew members in uniform initially, there would have been more excitement in the line?

Sure, I do want the whole crew, just not at once:

WAVE 1:

2 Archer
2 T'Pol
2 Klaang
2 Sillik
2 Savaal

WAVE 2:

2 AT Reed
2 AT Hoshi
2 Shran
2 Nausicaan
2 Trip Tucker

DELUXE SETS:

Archer
Mayweather

WAVE 3:

Nemesis Picard
Nemesis Data
Nemesis Shinzon
Nemesis Viceroy

WAVE 4:

Borg Cardassian
Borg Klingon
Borg Hirogen

WAVE 5:

Nemesis Riker
Nemesis Worf
Nemesis Romulan Cmdr.
Nemesis Reman Soldier

WAVE 6:

Kirk
Spock
Uhura
M-113 Salt Vampire
Klingon Cmdr. Kor

DELUXE SETS:

Reed
T'Pol

WAVE 7:

McCoy
Scotty
Romulan Soldier
Mugato
Talosian

WAVE 8:

Reed
Mayweather
AT Phlox
Xindi Reptilian
Xindi Ape

WAVE 9:

Nemesis Troi
Nemesis LaForge
Nemesis Romulan Soldier
Nemesis B-4

WAVE 10:

Borg Human
Borg Vulcan
Borg (Mott's species. Name escapes me for the moment)

WAVE 11:

AT Archer
AT T'Pol
Xindi Swimming
Orion Dancing Girl
Phlox

WAVE 12:

Sulu
Mirror Spock
Klingon Kang
Nomad
Gorn

WAVE 13

has almost covered all the releases AA has done of the NX and 1701 crews thus far, (with some exceptions) but here we could now start DS9 and Voyager, as well as more TNG figures in the offerings, Nemesis being well supported, so other movies could be caught up with...

Just think that more interesting "McFarlane" alien sculpts would have helped out this line more if they were offered earlier in.

What do you think?

I'm really disappointed that there isn't more Star Trek to collect and that the line looks to be in trouble.

mrmiller
11-18-2003, 03:16 PM
Not sure if this would have helped, but perhaps if the ST lines come out with less than all the human crew members in uniform initially, there would have been more excitement in the line?

I'm really disappointed that there isn't more Star Trek to collect and that the line looks to be in trouble.

I hear you. Another problem is the distribution. I can't even find all the TOS figures in my area, as it looks like TRU has droped the line and my Targets never get anything new.

=MATT=

Tycho
11-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Target is not carrying TOS.

As far as I know, TRU wasn't either. However I might be wrong.

GameStop and SunCoast Video were carrying the line. -That's how I know ArtAsylum is in trouble. The small volume they're doing business with isn't nearly enough.

JediTricks
11-18-2003, 09:04 PM
AA is way more qualified to do alien sculpts than McStatue.

No major chain is carrying TOS, which is a damn shame because they have vastly broader appeal, are superior toys to their Ent counterparts, and are even more colorful.

Tycho
11-19-2003, 01:14 AM
How will Enterprise explain into the continuity the need to wear bright primary colors in outer space?

Military uniforms have either served a utility purpose with pockets and coloring, or were elaborately dressy, to impress and stress discipline.

TOS uniforms were more like fraternity lounge sweaters, and were very plain. Plus you had to look at someone's wrists to determine their rank.

Will they come up with a practical reason for that?

Jayspawn
11-19-2003, 04:57 PM
I really like the TOS uniforms, you can tell right away what department they're in. The rank on the wrists is cool. Kirk's Enterprise had nothing to do with the military, its puropse was to 'explore, and seek out new life and new civilizations.'

Kirk and his people didnt need pockets anyways.

JediTricks
11-19-2003, 06:15 PM
Look at the movie costumes though, they're not drab. Look at the TNG costumes, or the post-TNG costumes. Nothing seems to be as lifeless as those gray/blue jumpsuits from Enterprise. It evokes a sense that everybody on the ship is a mechanic.

Jayspawn
11-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Hey! I'm starting to wonder where the Classic MiniMates Series 2 is! Not a word from AA.

Tycho
11-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Jayspawn / JediTricks:

Archer and his crew are explorers, too.

1) Earth has a military defense force, that's where the Space Marines come into play. Their forces might have their own ships, but they don't have Warp 5 engines yet. Archer's is the pioneer (the NX)

2) Archer is a mechanic. This mission was the first test flight of the Warp 5 engine.

Archer was an engineer.

Tucker is an engineer.

T'Pol has some science-engineering specialties, though honestly, she is / was a spy for the Vulcan High Command.

Reed is a weapons specialist, but a bit of an engineer and designer himself.

They sort of should look like mechanics.

Hoshi is a linguist brought on board, because nobody else there were born first contact specialists.

Phlox was there since they needed an alien doctor familiar with Klingons.

Travis is just the pilot, but has some extra-terrestrial living experience that made for why Archer chose him.

POCKETS: now for pockets. If you're an explorer, and you're exploring, where the heck are you supposed to put stuff you pick up if you don't have pockets?

Some planets they must use money, or trade wares on, as well. This stuff doesn't always have to be heavy engineering parts or chemicals they trade. It could be something small.

How about business cards? How the heck did the girls every get ahold of Kirk on his little communicator, if he didn't have a card to leave them his frequency number? I mean if they don't do it that way, somebody else back on earth who's also named Jim Kirk must get an awful lot of wrong numbers! So I figure they need at least one pocket to keep business cards. That's only being realistic.

"Jonathon Archer - Space Explorer
Starfleet Captain - USS NX-2000
Earth, United Nations
San Francisco, CA 92???
1-001-101-518-???-????"

"For a good time, call me. No Klingons Please."

I mean that should do it, with call forwarding.

Meanwhile, let's take a look at Kirk's crew:

Kirk - Starfleet military. He was trained as a military command specialist, and a bureaucratic manager. Is there any evidence that Kirk was trained as anything else? He was made to be Starfleet's heavy hand.

Spock - scientist. Now Spock was a true scientist - his specialties included alien intelligence and xenobiology.

McCoy - He was probably trained to be a better alien medic than previous HUMANS were, but he was primarily a human physician, as well as something of a novice psychologist trained to deal with crew stress.

Scotty - was an engineer of course.

Sulu - had miltary combat training, command training, but also was a botanical specialist, partially due to an interest cultivated by his parents' careers.

Uhura - language specialist, communications engineer. She may or may not have Hoshi's special instinctual gifts, but she's been trained better in engineering than Hoshi ever was. Hoshi was a teacher, Uhura was trained for bridge command experience.

Chekov - was young, and a military protoge studying command like Kirk did, but he had a strong science and engineering background, I think very generally diversified.

In the movies, Scotty got a tool vest with pockets. That was very realistic. Checkov, on away missions, could have used that. Uhura might've needed tools from time to time (more than Hoshi), Sulu could've used pockets on away missions, and Spock most definitely could. McCoy could have used a surgeon's tool pack for light stuff he wore on his uniform - though most would reasonably be furnished for him in sickbay.

But sure, in the OS, I saw them carry tool boxes, and pull stuff out of their tricorder cases. So I suppose they didn't need pockets as much as the NX crew does.

In later years, it's hard to tell if the crews have pockets or don't. Im sure it'd only show up if they needed pockets for a plot device.

But thank you for this truly fascinating discussion about clothing, occupations, and pockets - something I truly look forward to thinking about every time I watch Star Trek!

plasticfetish
11-25-2003, 07:52 PM
Kirk and his people didnt need pockets anyways.
That's right, they had VELCRO® .

Beast
12-17-2003, 02:53 AM
Not sure if it's been reported or not, didn't wanna dig thru 13 pages to see if it has. But there's a Battle Damaged NCC 1701 U.S.S. Enterprise from Star Trek III coming out from AA. It will be an exclusive through Action Figure Express. :)

http://americandreamcomics.com/index.php?catid=12&itemid=2437

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
02-03-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm perfectly happy with the regular Enterprise A but I might pick up this one anyways. NewForceComics will also be carrying it. We'll see when the times comes.

Well Classic Series 2 showed up at Toy Fair UK so it looks like they're on the way! Better late then never. At least we can have a full Original Crew.

Still with AA's $ and Distribution problems I wonder if we'll get any future Trek lines. I still want an Original Movie Crew, Khan and Captain Koloth from "The Trouble w/ Tribbles."

Jayspawn
02-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Woohoo! Great Star Trek news from ToyFair!

1st more CLassic Trek figures from Art Asylum including Admiral Kirk and Captain Spock from "The Wrath of Khan" and Vina the Orion Slave Girl and The GORN! Definatly got to have a Gorn. Now we need Captain Koloth.

2nd Sideshow Toy is making 12" figures of Captain KIrk and Mr. SPock from the television show! Both super articulated -of course and come with the standard accessories: phaser, communicator, tricorder and maybe a few themed accessories would be cool.

Jayspawn
02-19-2004, 03:40 PM
I stopped by GameStop this morning and found they got in a bunch of cases of Classic Series 2! They alll totally rock! I cant really say which is the best in the group. Probably Scotty or Sulu -they were $10.99 each. Not bad I suppose.

Also I got the Captain Koloth mini bust in the mail the other day very cool as well. The detail is amazing. Mine came with a gold vest but I've seen pics of Koloths with silver vests. Oh well still awesome!

JediTricks
02-19-2004, 11:20 PM
Oh man, I never got around to picking up series 1 except for regular Kirk. I hope AA ships a mixed-wave case, I'd buy the whole thing right up.

Beast
03-04-2004, 09:46 PM
There's some more news on Series III from Art Asylum and TNI.com. Looks like they want to give you the choice of what's in Asst. 3. Here's the news and the voting list from TNI's site. I dunno, Nomad would be pretty cool. But I like the STII Kirk & Spock. :)

1. Kirk/Spock (ST II-VI Movie Uniforms)
2. Christine Chapel/Janice Rand
3. Sarek/Harcourt Fenton Mudd
4. Bele/ Lokai
5. Salt-Sucking Creature/Ruk
6. Balok/Nomad
7. Kang/Kor

6" Star Trek Assortment 3, Cast Your Vote
by Jay at 06:59:22 PM on 03/04/2004

Art Asylum debuted some concept art of their upcoming 3rd assortment of 6" Star Trek Orginal Series figures at last months International Toy Fair. The characters shown in the concept art were The Gorn Captain, Orion Slave Girl, Admiral Krik and Captain Spock from Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan. Since the concept art was completed, concerns have come up by some that another Kirk and Spock figure would not go over well with collectors, since there was a Kirk and Spock figure done in both the first and second assortment of figures which have already been released. Normally I would be the first to agree, that main characters do not need to be released in every assortment for a line to do well, however in this case I believe that many collector's such as myself have in fact been eagerly awaiting the release of good quality figures of the crew in their Star Trek II uniforms. So after some discussion with Art Asylum's very own Adam Unger at Toy Fair we have decided to run a new online poll asking you the collector's what two figures you would like to see included in the 3rd assortment. Found on the right side of the screen on the main page is a Online Poll with a choice of potential characters we thought would make good figures, including Kirk and Spock from Star Trek II. We ask you take a second to cast your vote on which figures you would like to see included in assortment 3. At the end of the month we will tally all the votes and present the data to the folks at Art Asylum, to help them determine what the final line-up will be.
http://www.toynewsi.com/
http://americandreamcomics.com/index.php?catid=12&itemid=2850

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Kirk & Spock all the way! Those are the only 2 Playmates 12" Trek figures I own (they were the last 2 in that line as well, IIRC) and even though they're pretty much the same outfit (though alternate, swappable tunics would be super awesome), they're must-haves in my collection.

Jayspawn
03-10-2004, 01:44 PM
I would have to go with Admiral Kirk and Captain Spock for my choice. But I also want the rest of the crew in Movie uniforms as well as some Red Shirts, Janice Rand, Nurse Chapel and More Klingons and other baddies like the Gorn and Captain Koloth.

Tycho
03-10-2004, 02:28 PM
WANT!!! 1. Kirk/Spock (ST II-VI Movie Uniforms)
DON'T WANT 2. Christine Chapel/Janice Rand
WANT SAREK. 3. Sarek/Harcourt Fenton Mudd
DON'T WANT. 4. Bele/ Lokai
BOTH AWESOME! 5. Salt-Sucking Creature/Ruk
WANT NOMAD 6. Balok/Nomad
WANT!!! 7. Kang/Kor

Regular Klingon Warriors with head swaps would work too. More interested in movie style, but I'd take Classic that way as well. I DO want Kang and Kor - don't get me wrong. Them first. But they'll need some warriors.

I'd buy Spock to go with Sarek.

I'd buy McCoy to go with the M-113 Salt Vampire.

I'd get another Exclusive Kirk to fight Ruk (Rock? spelling?)

I'd get Scotty to get attacked by Nomad!

I'd buy more Kirk and Spock figures to fight Kang and Kor! I'd get Chekov to face Kang as well! (They should make Kirk and Spock from "Errand of Mercy." - A little obscure, but good representations of the characters undercover on away missions.

plasticfetish
03-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Oh, oh, oh!

Nomad would be great! The "salt vampire" would be great and Ruk would be incredible. Not enough Ted Cassidy action figures out there in the world, (though I did once own the Bionic Bigfoot toy.)

Sarek, Mudd, Bele... brink 'em all on! I'm only just getting interested in this line since I've seen that the Gorn's coming. I don't care how many Kirk or Spock versions they do, but it's the aliens that I really want.

Tycho
03-11-2004, 01:54 AM
Aliens would be the best, but aside from the ones we're mentioning, "from Classic Trek?"

If we could have movie and modern Trek aliens - dang!!!

An AA Borg Queen would be just one of the hot ones!

TNG could have Duras!

DS9 - Gul Dukat!

A lot of cool characters could be done with AA's talent.

Jayspawn
03-15-2004, 10:59 AM
After seeing a few episodes recently, heres what I want to see...

- Captain Kirk in "Interphase" from "The Tholian Web"

- Kirk & Spock in Ganster outfits from "A Piece of the Action"

- Yeoman Janice Rand (c'mon people, you know you want a girl for your Kirks!)

- Cyrano Jones (make him an exclusive that comes w/ 100 Tribbles!)

- Klingons! (Captain Koloth, Kor AND Kang! Make all 3!)

- Abraham Lincon (Hey, why not) from "The Savage Curtain"

- Gary 7 w/ Isis the Cat!

- Kirk & Spock from "Amok Time"

- Boxed Set! Kirk, Spock & Edith Keeler from "City on the Edge of Forever"

- Boxed Set! Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Scotty in Dress Uniforms

Wow, I should work for Art Asylum.

LTBasker
03-15-2004, 12:57 PM
I'd like to see a "signature series" for the TOS crew in their red movie uniforms. They could come with a wall mountable plaque with their signature on it (ala their signing off in ST6), and it'd have a base so you could stand the figures on it as it hangs on the wall.

Jayspawn
03-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Thats a neat idea LTBasker. Signature bases! That would be a cool accessory.

Jayspawn
03-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Yeah! My Classic Series 2 case arrived today from New Force. I really like all of them and I really like the extra accessories that each of them come with.

For anybody who does not have them, check out NewForceComics.com and go to their Classic Star Trek section. A case of Series 2 openers (all 5 figures) is only $44.95 which is cheaper then getting them individualy including the shipping. They are showing a sold out status but they have more on the way. Shipping is fast too.

Beast
04-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Well, TOS Classic Series 3 has been revealed. Sadly the ST II Movie Uniform figures for Spock and Kirk have been knocked out of the line-up for now. Even though they captured the majority of the votes. Art Asylum said that there is plans for Movie Figures at some point. So they'll probably be part of that. But without further ado, here's the news from TNI. :)

Star Trek The Orginal Series Assortment 3
by Jay at 01:04:22 AM on 04/03/2004

The folks at Art Asylum have confirmed for us the line-up for their 3rd series of Star Trek The Orginal Series figures.

Salt Vampire
Orion Slave
Kor The Klingon
Gorn
Gold Shirt James T. Kirk

As for movie versions of Kirk and Spock, well they won't make it for series 3, but we presented the data to the folks at Art Asylum from lasts months TNI Online Poll where we asked the following:

Which 2 characters would you like to see made for Art Asylum's 3rd wave of Star Trek Orginal Series action figures?

Kirk/Spock (ST II-VI Movie Uniforms) - 270
Christine Chapel/Janice Rand - 105
Sarek/Harcourt Fenton Mudd - 33
Bele/ Lokai - 15
Salt-Sucking Creature/Ruk - 43
Balok/Nomad - 10
Kang/Kor - 74

We are told they will definitely get to movie figures at some point in the future. So keep your fingers crossed for a 4th assortment.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
04-03-2004, 02:43 PM
How nice they're in lead of the poll and they're "sometime in the future." ;) Well maybe from the results they're gonna make a whole series dedicated to movie TOS, which would rock.

Glad they're rereleasing gold shirt Kirk, now I don't have to pay $15 for one. Unless he'll be scratched or something from fighting with the Gorn..

Jayspawn
04-06-2004, 10:01 AM
That line-up sounds great to me! The regular gold shirt Kirk would be great anyways -we could always customize our own ripped-shirt Kirks!

Cant wait for the Gorn!

Jayspawn
06-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Woohoo! Art Asylum's convention exclusive this year is gonna be "Mirror, Mirror" Scotty! Check out Figures.com for the pics!

Where the hell are the Minimates?!?!

Tycho
06-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Yes, but from what I hear, the Scotty figure is only going to be available at James Doohan's last Star Trek con in LA sometime this summer.

Then it's an ArtAsylum Collectors' Club exclusive you order online from them.

I'm not a member of the AACC and don't think I will be if it costs extra $$.

The only AA products I collect are Star Trek - and the company has not said they are renewing the license in 2006.

So we might only see TOS Wave III (Gorn, Slavegirl, SaltVampire, Klingon, Kirk) and then??

Legacy Wave 1 2005 spring
Legacy Wave 2 2005 fall

Then that being it - 10 more figures.

Maybe if the license actually expires in 2007, 20 more figures.

Problem:

1) Riker
2) Worf
3) Troi
4) Crusher
5) LaForge
6) Sisko
7) Kira
8) Odo
9) Dax
10) Bashir
11) O'Brien
12) Quark
13) Janeway
14) Chakotay
15) Tuvok
16) Paris
17) Kim
18) Torres
19) Seven
20) Doc

21) Neelix
22) Kes
23) Jake Sisko
24) Ezri Dax

You can't even finish all the crews in 20 figures!

On top of it, over some of these characters,

Gul Dukat
Jem Hadar
Weyoun
Founder
General Martok
Romulan Commander
Borg Queen
Garack
Grand Nagus Zek

Would all be more interesting...

Not to mention

Gul Damar
Cardassian Soldier
Chancellor Gowron
Romulan Soldier
Commander Tomaluk
Brunt, F.C.A.
Ishka
Rom
Nog as Starfleet Cadet
Kai Winn
Shakaar
Bajoran Soldier
Starfleet Goldshirt

Would all be useful...

LTBasker
06-12-2004, 03:17 PM
21) Neelix
22) Kes
23) Jake Sisko
24) Ezri Dax

Was Jake ever part of the crew though, I thought he was just DS9's Wesley Crusher- but with no character?

You forgot the Enterprise MACOs we need some figures of them.

Jayspawn
06-15-2004, 12:22 PM
I really want to see more Original Series figures. Get Classic all out of the way then do the other series characters. I still want....

Captain Kirk (Movie)
Captain Spock (Movie)
Dr. McCoy (Movie)
Sulu (Movie)
Chekov (Movie)
Uhura (Movie)
Scotty (Movie)
KHAN!!!! (Movie)
Lt. Saavik (Kirstie Ally, Movie)
The Gorn
Captain Koloth
Red Shirts!
Yeoman Rand
Nurse Chapel
Kirk & Spock from "A Piece Of The Action"
Uhura from "Mirror, Mirror"
Marlena (Kirk's Girl) from "Mirror, Mirror"
Evil Sulu from "Mirror, Mirror"

Jayspawn
08-11-2004, 11:49 AM
My SDCC Exclusive "Mirror, Mirror" Scotty arrived today in the mail! I managed to get one off Ebay for a low price. Great figure! Tons of accessories which include communicator, tricorder, knife & sleeve, extra hand and phaser. Looks great with Mirror Kirk and Spock!

Figures.com has a great picture of the Gorn! Which will be included in Classic Series 3 along with Yellow Uniform Kirk, Vina the Orion Slave Girl, Salt Monster and a Classic Klingon! I'm most excited about the Klingon, custom time!!!!

Here's a link to the picture of the Gorn!

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=332057

Enjoy!

Jayspawn
08-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Oops! Wrong link. Here's the correct one...

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=101&show_article=156

Jayspawn
10-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Looks like Series 3 has been changed again. Everything the same except Kirk has been changed from the classic yellow shirt to a Battle Damage Kirk from "Arena" to go along with the Gorn.

Anybody now what happened to Minimates Series 2?

Tycho
10-28-2004, 04:33 PM
I just want the Klingon and the Salt Vampire since Playmates never did these and they'll look great (as well as different) in my Star Trek Collection.

However, I might be able to pose the Orion Slave Girl figure with my Enterprise figures if all stays the same for this evening's new Star Trek episode!

Orion slave girls...yum!!!

Anyway, the Gorn and Kirk? I have this set up with my Playmates stuff. I'm debating it, but perhaps I will get Kirk and use him in a different scene.

Not sure yet.

He looks good - just like ArtAsylum builds 'em!

Jayspawn
10-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Kirk didnt get too beat up in the episode so i wonder how different it'll look. I wonder if he'll come with that stick or the cannon he made. Haha! :D

The Klingon figure looks to be Koor from "Erand of Mercy" I'm gonna be doing headswaps on him to make extra Klingons.

The Salt Vampire and Vina the Orion Slave Girl are must haves. Now we need a Captain Christopher Pike to go along with Vina!

Tycho
10-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Are there any finished pictures of the Salt Vampire or the Klingon?

plasticfetish
10-31-2004, 04:12 AM
Yep, it looks like there's photos over here (http://69.93.119.2/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=1819). All of these look great... I'm really excited to be getting that Salt Vampire!

JediTricks
10-31-2004, 04:04 PM
What's funny about those photos is that I believe SirSteve shot them for figures.com, making this the absolute most Star Trek he's ever seen. :D He doesn't even know what the Enterprise is! :eek: ;)

Glad to see AA hasn't given up on ships, but I wish they had tackled the Excelsior or Reliant first to go along with the Ent-A.

I think that Klingon is going to be coming home to duke it out with my yellow-shirt Kirk figure.

plasticfetish
10-31-2004, 05:00 PM
I think that Klingon is going to be coming home to duke it out with my yellow-shirt Kirk figure.For some crazy reason, I thought this next wave was going to have a yellow shirt Kirk in it also. (Maybe I misunderstood.) Looks like it's going to be a re-release of the green shirt...

Tycho
10-31-2004, 09:28 PM
With the exception of Klingon Cmdr. Kor who looks AWESOME, I think these figures are slightly below AA's Par. That's first impression. Part of it is that with the Orion Slave Girl (Vena) being mostly naked, her joints are hard to cover up. I almost prefer "naked girl" figures to have less articulation so that they look more human and less Android.

The Gorn is cool but the Salt Vampire is almost a jewell. It's actually more fake-looking than the one in the episode (I just watched that show). However, it's also just plain cool to be getting it in the first place - so I'm definitely a purchaser here!

When can we buy these?

Jayspawn
11-01-2004, 09:56 AM
I've always seen AA's Star Trek figures at Media Play, Suncoast, Gamestop. Typically they run between $9.99-12.99. Not a bad price.

JT, I would have liked to see the Excelsior or Reliant before the Enterprise E -but thats ok, I'll get it anyways. Lets hope they get back to the other 2.

plasticfetish, It WAS originally supposed to be a yellow shirt Kirk. Now its supposed to be a battle damaged (?) yellow Kirk. I think they were displaying the Green shirt Kirk because thats what they had onhand.

Tycho
11-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Art Asylum's ships:

Enterprise: NX-01

TOS: 1701-A (movies technically)

TNG: 1701-E (movies technically)

I figure

DS9: USS Defiant

Voyager: USS Voyager

are next. (I hope).

Then:

Enterprise: (what would you like to see?)

TOS: 1701 - original from the TV series (I hope)

TNG: 1701-D

DS9: lots of possibilities here. A Dominion Cruiser would be interesting though

Voyager: Delta Flyer? (or what would you like to see here?)

Just do a second wave - your TOP priority.

JediTricks
11-01-2004, 10:07 PM
For some crazy reason, I thought this next wave was going to have a yellow shirt Kirk in it also. (Maybe I misunderstood.) Looks like it's going to be a re-release of the green shirt...Originally, this wave was going to have yellow-shirt Kirk, but he got cut to make for the battle-damaged Kirk instead.

Since I already own the yellow-shirt Kirk from the convetion exclusive, that's how I was going to have the Klingon fight said Kirk. As it is now, my guy only has an "Enterprise"-era Klingon to fight, and he doesn't even recognize him. ;)

I figure

DS9: USS Defiant

Voyager: USS Voyager

are next. (I hope). I really hope NOT. Playmates did a pretty good job with the Defiant, if AA is going to stay in scale with the NX-01 ship (the 1701-A is in scale with it), then the Defiant would be slightly smaller than the Enterprise-A's saucer section. If they do go this route, at least also include an in-scale Runabout.

As for Voyager, not only did Playmates do a decent version, but I think it's an ugly ship and comes from a show that wasn't very good and not worthy of being released before a proper Excelsior (which has never been done, the Playmates version is actually the Ent-B which is somewhat different).

As for what else I'd like to see...

Enterprise: Nothing. If they have to do something, the Vulcan cruiser.
TOS/Movies: Excelsior, Reliant, Spacedock, Grissom, Klingon Bird of Prey with movable wings, Klingon D-7, Enterprise (TOS)
TNG-era: USS Stargazer, Ferengi Marauder, a proper Romulan BOP, Nebula-class starship with 2 swappable versions of weapons pod, Ambassador-class (Ent-C), Soyuz-class, Akira-class, saucer-separating 1701-D, Romulan Scout Ship
DS9: Galor-class Cardassian ship, Runabout, Jem Hedar ship, Jem Hedar cruiser
Voyager: Prometheus, Prometheus, Prometheus... um, Delta Flyer, Maquis Raider

Shuttles: TOS Galileo, TMP Vulcan Warp Shuttle, ST5 Galileo, movie-era Travel Pod, Workbee, Sphinx workpod, Spacedock shuttle, TNG Type-6, VOY Type-8, TNG Type-15 Shuttlepod, DS9 Defiant Type-18 Shuttlepod, ENT Shuttlepod, Delta Flyer (again), VOY Type-9, DS9 Ferengi Shuttle, DS9 Romulan Shuttle, TNG Captain's Yacht (removable from the 1701-D tho'), DS9 Bajoran Fighter

Jayspawn
11-09-2004, 11:10 AM
Here's what I still have on my Wish List...

The Original Series Yeoman Janice Rand, Nurse Chapel, Mirror Sulu, Mirror Dr. McCoy, Mirror Marlena, Balok w/ Puppet, Captain Koloth or Cyrano Jones with TRIBBLES! Kirk & Spock from "A Piece of the Action."

Movies The Original Crew in Red Uniforms, The REST of the TNG crew from "Nemisis" ie: LaForge, Troi, Riker, Dr. Crusher, Worf. KHAN!!! and Sarek!

Ships Enterprise B,C,D, Reliant and the Excelsior!

Jayspawn
02-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Well I'm seeing Classic Series III in more and more toy books now. Shouldnt be too much longer before we see Vina, The Gorn, Kor from "Errand of Mercy" and Battle Damage Kirk -which from the pictures doesnt look too damaged, but thats ok.

Jayspawn
02-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Well I checked Art Asylum's website (I dont know why) and of course it has not been updated in at least 2-3 years!!!

Well anyways, cant wait for the next wave!

Tycho
02-11-2005, 02:48 PM
According to those who claim to be in the know as well as possibly AA staff that post, there will be one more wave of TNG stuff coming out before their license (which they still might renew) expires.

Strong rumors are Worf (previously made for Nemesis), Riker, and a Reman - probably kit-bashed from the Viceroy figure, which was great anyway.

Picard and Data might get Re-released.

So at least I might buy 2-3 figures and army-build with 3 or so Remans if they go this route.

One thing's for sure, they aren't going to put a lot of money into the line, but what they're talking about sounds cool to me.

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 07:20 PM
If they re-release Data & Picard along with a new Riker and Worf, I'll buy 'em. I'd like Troi, Crusher, and Geordi as well, but they're not really as action-themed.

LTBasker
02-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Guess that Mayweather with bridge section petition going on on AA's board is pretty much even more useless than it already was eh?

I just hope the TNG related stuff isn't canceled like the Ent-E.

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Ent-E canceled? :cry: That's not true, that's impossible! Stupid AA, they really have been on my bad side with their mishandling of this license. What is it with them? They're all talk and never any results.

LTBasker
02-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Nononono, I was using the Ent-E as an example as something I don't want canceled. Sorry about the wording, as far as I know it's still planned. :)

Jayspawn
02-12-2005, 12:15 AM
The Enterprise E is still on. As far as I know, it should be out around the time of Classic Series 3.

I could care less about a Reman (pegwarmer), but Riker and Worf from "Nemesis" would be sweet! Troi would be great too! Well they might as well finish the crew.

When it comes to making and releasing figures. AA is slow as hell.

LTBasker
02-12-2005, 01:57 AM
It really bites for their distribution as well, I think that's why stores only tend to order 1-2 cases. At least that's what I can tell about the stores I've seen. I've ST figures at 3 stores: Target (once), Software Etc./Gamestop (once), Suncoast (multiple times, but they were pegwarmers).

Seems like after they sold through what they had at that time they never had any to restock it until the next series- by then they gave up. I never saw ST figures ever again at Target after that encounter, and I've definitely never seen the Classic figures at Target nor the only TRU I know of around here to carry ST.

How can you support a line that a company treats with narcolypsy? (spelling? never had to spell it. :p)

Tycho
02-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Target refused to buy figures after the Nemesis / Borg waves.

They sat in vast quantities here.

Enterprise sold horribly for Toys R Us and Target. Wal-Mart never bought any.

The Deluxe (Bridge Sections) did even worse.

AA got the license from Paramount who insisted they start by promoting the new show.

The pattern was to do the series in Chron Order (Ent. TOS, TNG, DS9, Voy).

They started that way: Ent., Nemesis-TNG, TOS, and Worf would be cross-over.

Ent. Series 1 moved slow. Too bad. They were great figures. But the base of fans out there were into traditional Trek. I liked Enterprise, but maybe 1/4 of original Trek fans (now inc. TOS and TNG, possibly DS9) did.

Series 2 was Ent. Away Teams - somewhat to finish crew members that hadn't then been made (Trip, Phlox, Hoshi). Perhaps that should have been the TOS wave right then and there - though many collectors had Playmates figures of these characters, so AA might've thought that would be a gamble since naturally, the first TOS figures should be the crew.

Series 3 was Nemesis due to the movie promo - Picard, Data, Shinzon, Viceroy. Worf and Riker were also anticipated, but the line could have used a Romulan and Reman in generic soldiers, let alone more of the characters like the Romulan female commander, Troi, Crusher, LaForge, etc.

Nemesis was a great movie. It was dark. Perhaps DS9 fans liked that, but general Trek-fluff fans (TNG-sterility) didn't appreciate it (though from sales for First Contact, you'd have thought otherwise). In any case, the figure line was small (4 figures) and more or a follow-up wave would have gotten folks more motivated for it.

Then Target and Toys R Us pulled the funding. They wanted no more to do with Star Trek properties.

To say that it's Trek alone would understate it. In a recent article about Toys R Us and Hasbro posted by SirSteve, it said the chain struggled with Star WARS sales and that one exec said he wouldn't hold all of Hasbro's hopes on the Episode 3 license because he still considered SW a gamble rather than a sure thing (based on E1 sales/overstock problems).

But we'd all agree that from a toy collecting pov, SW is more popular than ST. One of the reasons is the size of the 3 3/4" line. Playmates rocked with ST because they could do so many in the 5 1/4" size and they could make ships and accessories to go with them. I still truly regret the Playmates line ending, as I envisioned getting toys like a BoP for Klingon Figures (way off scale, but so are SW ships like the Falcon). Modern sculpting techniques could have improved the facial detail on Playmates, but the line size was great. A Whole Voyager that had a removeable top to expose a bridge playset (seen in the M. Falcon toy style) would have been great, as would have been the "top half" of a DS9 Station done like the GI Joe Terror Dome, with the lower pylons being cut off but representing "the toy's landing stands."

Trek is not "war-based" as much as DS9 was in general, and totally not as much as SW-CW and then-on is.

However, that is not to say that a bunch of us who like the show and were never as much of a pacifist as Gene Roddenberry wouldn't appreciate army-building war dioramas. I have 11 Jem Hadar and nearly 20 Borgs attacking my Playmates figures. I also used "Kruge" as a generic Klingon and put Gowron in command of an attack squad of them with Worf in armor at his side.

People who collect action figures can be sort of like the Pentagon collecting for an arms race.

Star Trek should have gone there and might be successful if they do, combined with after-school hours syndication - as we all think Trek is better than 3pm cartoons - so why wouldn't other kids watching the Jem Hadar duke it out with the Federation and all that high-tech stuff in Star Trek? TNG held me at that age! I remember, perhaps in error, that when the show started, it was not broadcast at primetime, but came on at like 7pm or earlier, as I had to often tape it because I could still have a baseball game.

Anyway, I wouldn't change Trek. I'd change the marketing and the toy line approach. Perhaps I'd give it a break now, and let Star Wars wind down or attract a TV audience back to sci-fi stuff. But 05 SW stuff is going to be hard to compete with since it's Darth Vader's rise and Anakin's fall.

Jayspawn
02-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Well said Tycho. Classic Trek did very well in sales this year though with the release of all 3 Original Seasons. It would have been good for AA to have the figures out by the time of their release. Would have been better for sales -but cant change that now.

JediTricks
02-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Ok, scared me with that Ent-E thing, be more careful. :p

Tycho, the Nemesis figures came out well before the Away Team ENT figures.

On a less-concrete issue, I'd say that Nemesis is tied with Insurrection as the worst Trek film of all time, it's awful, and it had nothing to do with it being dark, it was just sloppy pap that felt poorly ported from a crappy horror film. It was nothing like DS9 except it too had a ridiculous deus-ex-machina ending.

The reason TRU and Target pulled out of AA's Trek lines was because they were buried with ENT junk, and Target also was stuck with unselling Trek Minimates to boot. Obviously the retailers aren't totally afraid of Trek, TRU and WM are currently stocking Johnny Lightning's (weakly-sculpted) line of Trek vehicles (Target seems to have no relationship with Johnny Lightning, possibly since JL's parent company Playing Mantis screwed them over on the Charlie Brown line).

I think the ultimate problem is Art Asylum, they are a lost company making a lot of bad decisions and it keeps hurting the line with every misstep they make. Having the wrong Kirk in the main TOS line before it even came out was a miniature disaster since Kirk is the keystone to the series.

Jayspawn
02-14-2005, 12:01 AM
Wow, thats harsh JediTricks! :eek:

I really liked Nemesis. Not as good as Wrath Of Kahn or First Contact. But not terrible either.

LTBasker
02-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Having the wrong Kirk in the main TOS line before it even came out was a miniature disaster since Kirk is the keystone to the series.

I never did understand that...exclusives are supposed to be "special versions", sometimes because they can't do well at retail right? That was the biggest flop ever, IMO.

How long have they been promising TOS Series 3? Didn't they promise it all through 2004? Hasbro says it's about 8 months or something along those lines for Star Wars figures to go from development to production and shipping... with a line with less quantities like the TOS line, you'd figure they would be out definitely by now.

AA promises then delivers too late.

Jayspawn
02-14-2005, 10:50 AM
I seemed to hear that Classic Series 3 was supposed to be out Fall of '04. And here we are approaching Spring '05.

This is interesting, AA seems to have NO promlem releasing numerous versions and amounts of Marvel Mini-Mates. The LOTR Mini-Mates are still being released as well. At least they show up on time. So something has to be going on over at AA.

Tycho
02-14-2005, 11:35 AM
As a side note, I have the complete seasons of every Star Trek show save for Enterprise (which begins coming out with Sn 1 in May) .

I am re-watching my TOS shows now...

The Cage (Playmates should have made No. 1, several more crew members, the Gorilla beast the Keeper changed into, perhaps Vina as a SS Columbia survivor). Don't think I'd be interested in AA revisting this episode.

Where No Man Has Gone Before - Playmates essentially covered it, but never made Gary Mitchell or Elizabeth Daner. Again AA shouldn't go there.

Mudd's Women - too anecdotal as an episode. Figures of Mudd's Women? Nah. They can do sexy Star Trek babes with more to them (like special roles, special powers) than these girls. They made Mudd. Playmates might've done more, but AA doesn't need to either.

The Corbomite Manuever - Playmates did a great job! The screen-scene box set was just fine.

The Man Trap - Playmates never did this - but here we have Art Asylum poised with a really cool figure of the M-113 Salt Vampire and I hope it sees release. I'd really want this figure and hope we do get it someday. If it's truly going to be a legacy assortment next, with Worf and possibly re-releases from Nemesis and variations on that theme, they can stick a TOS figure in there as well. The Salt Vampire looked like it rocked as a figure. Grrr. I wanted this one!

Jayspawn
02-14-2005, 12:50 PM
I think it would be great if AA made a Red Shirt figure w/ 4-5 extra heads and a phaser and communicator so you could have different officers. It would be a great Exclusive!

Jayspawn
02-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Well it looks like Art Asylum had quite a setup at Toy Fair NY this last weekend! Looks like we're getting....

- DS9 Captain Sisko, Dax, O'Brien, and Brashir figures from the episode "Trials and Tribbleations"

- The Enterprise E!!

- Klingon Statue!

Personally I'm excited as hell over the "Trials and Tribbleations" figures. Its a great episode! And because the Playmates version of O'Brien was sooo hard to get -I never got one. Of course I'll get the Enterprise E!

Tycho
02-21-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm a Niner and I should be happy, but I guess I'm not.

1) They needed to make up cash they're behind in, so OK, I'm sure this is a winner on their balance sheets (reusing old bodies from the TOS waves with new heads no doubt)

2) They can play this same trick again (and I'd prefer it) using the TNG "Nemesis" bodies from Picard and Data, to make Sisko, Bashir, O'Brien in their DS9 5th Season-on uniforms. Except, Sisko is very tall if it'd be accurate, which may mean the Trials-Tribulations figure is off scale and crap. Bashir is slight of build, and a Picard or Data body could be gotten away with. O'Brien is bigger than either of those two, more developed, so his figure (in either line) could be a sham.

3) In TOS, mabye Spock's body could lend itself to Sisko. Dax and Uhura? I'd buy that works. Bashir's smaller than any TOS character I think. O'Brien and Scotty might work, but O'Brien's beer-belly wouldn't be authentically large enough then ;)

4) Worf could join a DS9 regular show crew. Dax would have to be resculpted from scratch, so they might as well do Kira :)

5) I have Playmates Trials and Tribulation figures...I will have to make up my mind whether I need to buy these....

TOS "scenes" I'm doing....

-Kirk (Comic Con exclusive yellow-shirt) vs. Khan
-Spock (supposed to be with McCoy which I need to get) vs. Salt Vampire (right...)
-Chekov and Scotty vs. Klingon Cmdr. Kor (when he finally comes out)
-Mirror Kirk & Mirror Scotty vs. Mirror Spock

Sulu - doing basically nothing. I need them to come out with something for him to fight...

So maybe I could mix in the DS9 crew in a Trials and Tribulations scene and rework these:

Chekov and Scotty vs. Klingon Cmdr. Kor (when he finally comes out) with Bashir and O'Brien looking on...

Sisko and Dax meeting or watching Kirk and Spock. I'll buy that green-shirt Kirk then I guess....

Oh...

Vina the Orion Slave girl will be mingling with Archer and Trip trying to save T'Pol.

I wished they'd release the Salt Vampire!

Jayspawn
02-21-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm buying the "Trials and Tribbleations" figures for sure. Then I'm getting extra to make custom officers!

The "Trials" O'Brien you could fit easily. It shouldne be too hand to make up some filler piece to place between the shirt and figure to make him a 'belly'

I'm gonna make customs of Kor when they release him. Have a few extra Klingons!

Jayspawn
02-22-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm an Original Series fan all the way -so ALL these figures are great for me! I hope the "Trials and Tribbleations" figures come with Tribbles! *

* Because I dont feel like waiting for Art Aslum to do so -I started customizing my OWN Tribbles. They look great!

JediTricks
02-22-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm also a fan of DS9 and I'm not happy about this move. It seems like they're just doing it to recycle their TOS figure bodies again rather than create something totally new. It also is from a 1-shot silly episode that, while entertaining, is totally the opposite of what the series was about and thus these figures will be "anti-iconic", if you will. Anti-iconic will also mean less sales, casual fans won't recognize these, and even hardcore fans will question the interest in buying them.

Jayspawn
02-23-2005, 10:38 AM
I agree JT. Not good for the line especially since AA cant seem to get them out in stores very well -even though I will be buying many of them. It would have been better if they finished the TNG movie figure 1st -then went to DS9.

I'm also gonna do a custom Captain Sisko from DS9 using the Nemisis Picard body and "Trials" Sisko head.

Tycho
02-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Customizing won't work as well as it should....from tallest to shortest:

Captain Benjamin Sisko
Commander Jadzia Dax
Chief Miles O'Brien
Commander Data
Dr. Julian Bashir
Captain Picard

Alternatively

Captain Benjamin Sisko
Commander Spock
Commander Jadzia Dax
Chief Miles O'Brien
Ensign Pavel Chekov
Dr. Leonard McCoy
Cmdr. Montgomery Scott
Captain Jim Kirk
Lt. Nyota Uhura
Dr. Julian Bashir
Lt. Cmdr. Hikaru Sulu

AA would be best off repainting Sulu for Bashir, though Sulu's more muscular and stockier. McCoy's body would be too tall.

Spock's body to Sisko, but Spock would be too thin.

Jadzia is just way taller than Nyota! -and there's no other mold.

Chekov might make an OK repaint for O'Brien, but O'Brien wished he had Pavel's abs. :rolleyes: A beer belly should be added here.

Still, what will AA probably do?

Make Scotty turn into O'Brien
Make Uhura turn into Dax
Make Kirk or Chekov turn into Sisko (way too short!)
Make McCoy turn into Bashir (way too tall!)

Sad but true. If AA was in financially great shape and these were selling, I'd demand new body sculpts to be more accurate. But I think they're counting on us taking what we get...and we all just might.

Jayspawn
03-04-2005, 09:41 AM
SO if I'm reading this correctly -from what they had posted on Figures.com.

DS9 "Trials and Tribbleations" Sisko, Dax, O'Brien, and Brashir was coming out in May/June but will be distributed by Diamond? Is that right JT?

Then Kirk, Vina, Kor and the Gorn should out pretty soon then.

JediTricks
03-04-2005, 11:39 PM
I read the article you were refering to, that's how it reads to me as well. I don't believe they'll actually make the June date though, Paramount still hasn't signed off on 'em.

BTW, I had no idea Jeff over there was so ignorant of Trek, I should have stepped in and helped out. :p

Jayspawn
03-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks JT, I dont think they'll make the June date either.

The only thing AA seems to get out in stores are Marvel Minimates. We only seem to get mixed information from them and a website that is YEARS behind.

JediTricks
03-07-2005, 10:46 PM
I remember when AA got bought and promised things wouldn't be different, then slowly they slid into the crapzone we're now trapped in, I suspect the problem is that AA doesn't actually exist anymore, it's just Digger as a sorta "executive producer" role.

LTBasker
03-08-2005, 01:11 AM
I'm rather surprised they didn't just display a thrown-in towel at Toy Fair.