PDA

View Full Version : Rumor about Padme Unleashed recall?

Lt Kettch
07-27-2002, 04:01 PM
I am not trying to spread rumors, but I looked up Padme Unleashed on eBay for some different shots of the figure and one seller claims the figure is being recalled for some explicit details on the bust of the figure.

Is there any truth to this does anyone know? Or is the guy just trying to make his item seem even more rare?

hango fett
07-27-2002, 04:05 PM
well, the figure does have some "cold markings" i guess you could say. it could happen when little kids see her and say "look at those!"
hango

Beast
07-27-2002, 04:06 PM
The seller is smoking somthing, and trying to inflate bids with his BS story. The exact same rumors started when the Slave Leia figure was released in 1997. People thought that the figure was going to get discontinued and recalled. Rumors of that were spreading like wildfire.

There was a smaller case of that, with the POTJ Queen Amidala: Red Gown figure. They were going nuts thinking that Hasbro had forgotten to paint panties on the figure. If Hasbro really was going to discontinue the figure, it never would have made it out of the shipping department. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-27-2002, 04:20 PM
I doubt that, considering all the beta versions of Bespin Luke and the 2 versions of the Nexu... ;)

But yeah, just trying to inflate bids. So pathetic...

Lord Tenebrous
07-27-2002, 05:04 PM
Our distributor has let us know that it may be re-tooled in a less erotic fashion, or may be shelved totally due to this being cost prohibitive. Either way, you have one of a kind.

You won't find this "Unleashed" in a store. In fact, due to the fact that "Padme Unleashed" is too explicit, stores will not sell the figure. This means that all the cases are getting recalled. "Darth Vader Unleased" and "Anakin Unleashed" won't be available for several more months and without "Padme Unleashed" So buy it now while you can.

I have heard reports of this figure being recalled due to the nature of her bust region.

Don't look for this in stores because you will not find them.

I can't decide between :rolleyes: or :frus: . Actually, there is one, but it's a little mature for here. ;)

Old Fossil
07-27-2002, 07:36 PM
Once again, seller dignity sacrificed for the almighty $.

thespar
07-27-2002, 11:26 PM
sounds like a scapler just trying to make more money of a toy if anything newer ones will just be redone to fix the issue

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-28-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Lt Kettch
I am not trying to spread rumors, but I looked up Padme Unleashed on eBay for some different shots of the figure and one seller claims the figure is being recalled for some explicit details on the bust of the figure.

Don't say that Hasbro didn't warn us about this Padme figure. After all, doesn't the very name "Padme unleashed" sum it up?

Chiesa
07-28-2002, 11:31 PM
I seriously think that that is highly unlikely... Like JarJar has said if its was going to be discontinued it would not have made the shipping... Secondly the unleashed isn't really like your conventional toy where kids just play with 'em, they are more like collector's toys for display purposes due to their great poses and sculpting... Besides if the Lara Croft toys made it to the market... I don't see why a Padme can't... Sounds logical? I don't know but thats what I feel personally :)

Cheers :):crazed: :)

RaptorMCSE
08-01-2002, 01:06 AM
HI,

Just wanted to see if there was any more info on this topic? Has Hasbro or any of the higher powers to be made any official remarks in regards to a recall? Thank you

Darth Detori
08-01-2002, 10:08 AM
does it matter? they're still popping up here and there- it's quite obvious no recall is in action or ever will be