PDA

View Full Version : Emperor's Wrath Luke Skywalker

Lord Malakite
10-15-2001, 10:01 AM
You should make an Emperor's Wrath Luke Skywalker. His body, arms, and legs except for his painted real hand would be made of transparent black plastic like Vader and he would have painted on and/or snap on lightning bolts similar too the Boomer damage Battle Droid, plus his head would have a tortured expression and be made out of transparent dark blue plastic and painted with the exception of his teeth and maybe a sliver in back to reenact the lightning effects on his teeth.

evenflow
10-15-2001, 05:17 PM
It could be cool, but i am still hoping that they release the Battle Damaged Luke Bespin, now that was a cool figure.

Lord Malakite
10-15-2001, 06:07 PM
In addition, they could make an Emperor's Wrath Leia based from this Alternate Reality Expanded Universe Dark Horse comic cover.
It's cool to see the children of Skywalker get it from the Emperor.

http://www.collectstarwars.com/images/DHcomics/swnhinf4.jpg

Jargo
10-15-2001, 06:39 PM
Nah, Luke should just have that white powdery look from right after the Emperor finishes frying him the last time. The way he looked as Vader picked up old Palpy and got the x-ray workover.
The pained expression is a good one to go with as is a writhing on floor pose. Or give Luke articulation like the commtech stormie so he can be posed with his back arched like a spastic cat the way Mark Hamill did it in the movie.

I'm not big on Luke figures but I'd buy a Luke in agony one if Hasbro finish off this little scene with one. :)

sith_killer_99
10-15-2001, 07:50 PM
HELLO!!!

All Luke head sculpts look like he's in pain! Especially the new and improved anorexic-buck-tooth X-Wing Luke.

HEHEHEHEHE!

GNT
10-16-2001, 03:15 AM
That would be one hell of a figure Lord_Malakite! :eek:

ThomasLane
10-23-2001, 04:02 PM
I have to agree. I'm not a real fan of Luke resculpts, but that would be a very cool figure.

El Chuxter
10-24-2001, 09:34 AM
Maybe that's another feature I can add to my "Jedi Knight Luke wish list." :)

master jedi
10-24-2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ThomasLane
I'm not a real fan of Luke resculpts

And I'm not a real fan of any re-sculpts.

GNT
10-26-2001, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
And I'm not a real fan of any re-sculpts.

And what if the new resculpt is better than the older version?

evenflow
10-26-2001, 07:31 AM
Resculpts are fine, as long as they are not ALL resculpted. Sometimes you have to accept and expect them for a few.

master jedi
10-26-2001, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by GNT

And what if the new resculpt is better than the older version?

They should just get it right the first time.

bigbarada
10-26-2001, 08:32 PM
Emperor's Wrath Luke would be pretty cool, however there are other non-gimmicky Lukes I would like to see. Namely resculpts of Dagobah, Ceremonial and Jedi Luke and maybe a redone Luke in his ESB fighter pilot costume (bulkier suit, grey gloves and boots, pistol holster). Take a look at the upcoming Luke X-Wing Attakus statue to see how cool this figure could be.

But really all I need is a Prisoner Luke, recreating the talk he had with his father on Endor; but make him versatile enough (like the Bespin Capture Han) to be able to hold a lightsaber without looking like a pogue.

If the Luke you're describing were offered as a three pack with Battle Damaged Vader and a better force lightning Emperor, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

GNT
10-27-2001, 12:36 AM

They should just get it right the first time.

But mostly they can't get it right the first time,it takes them at least 2 times for it to be correct :)

evenflow
10-27-2001, 10:57 AM
Hey, practice makes perfect. Try, try, and try again. ;)

SaeseeTiin
10-27-2001, 01:30 PM
No! Do or do not! There is no try!
Sorry, I couldn't resist saying that.

master jedi
10-27-2001, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by GNT

But mostly they can't get it right the first time,it takes them at least 2 times for it to be correct :)

They should just keep making them at the factory until they get it right and release a good one when they have a good one. With some resculpts the quality goes down and they just shooting themselves in the foot.

GNT
10-27-2001, 10:47 PM
They should just keep making them at the factory until they get it right and release a good one when they have a good one. With some resculpts the quality goes down and they just shooting themselves in the foot.

But there are fools outthere that will just continue buying the resculpts,so Hasbro will continue to make them :)

master jedi
10-28-2001, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by GNT

But there are fools outthere that will just continue buying the resculpts,so Hasbro will continue to make them :)

I buy resculpts even though I hate them. I guess I'm a fool then.
I buy 'em 'cause I 'm weak.

GNT
10-29-2001, 12:59 AM
I buy resculpts even though I hate them. I guess I'm a fool then.
I buy 'em 'cause I 'm weak.

I guess so ;)

Lord Malakite
10-31-2001, 11:06 AM
Its a pitty we don't have the CommTech Chips anymore. This would be the perfect figure for it.

CommTech Lines:

1. You have failed your highness.
2. I am a Jedi like my father before me.
3.ARRAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. "Sparking sound lightning bolts made passing through Luke".
5. FATHER!!!!!

master jedi
10-31-2001, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
Its a pitty we don't have the CommTech Chips anymore. This would the perfect figure for it.

CommTech Lines:

1. You have failed your highness.
2. I am a Jedi like my father before me.
3.ARRAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. "Sparking sound lightning bolts made passing through Luke".
5. FATHER!!!!!

Another good commtech line could be "Oh, that tickles."

Sith Worm
10-31-2001, 06:46 PM
I am behind you all the way on this one Lord and Evenflow!

Lord Malakite
11-10-2001, 10:56 PM
Note from moderator--Episode II spoilers ahead. Highlight to read.

It looks like we'll need a Force Lightning Dooku and Dooku's Wrath Anakin now also.

Jek Porky 2001
11-18-2001, 03:45 PM
Fantastic Idea

Tycho
11-30-2001, 03:34 PM
Honestly, I want an Emperor's Wrath Emperor

The redemption of Anakin Skywalker is a critical scene. I want an Emperor who is being carried by Vader, who's lightning is going over the shoulders behind him, to strike Darth, and who's screaming "Put me down! Dammit!" The robes should be cloth or sculpted to look right for that scene.

The Emperor's Wrath Luke is a great idea, but the scene is nothing if you can't create Anakin's fulfillment of the prophesy for the Chosen One.

Jargo
12-01-2001, 09:02 AM
What we need is a posable humpty dum.. Anakin with cloth cape and removable two part helmet. A Luke with wriything in agony pose that allows for other articulation or fighting stance and an "I've fallen and I can't get up!" Emperor with mid riff articulation (so he can be held aloft by vader and have those lightning bolts attched to rain down on see through head vader) plus soft goods robes.

Next we need a playset of the lift shaft thingy where Vader and the Emperor and Luke have that final dingdong battle so you can recreate the exact final moment of the Emperors reign and Vaders redemption and Luke's ...and Luke's... never mind Luke. :)

Of course, by releasing a new humpty dum... Anakin with removable helmet and two part helmet this would mean they would have to release the shuttle so you can have Luke help Anakin take off his helmet and look upon Luke with his own eyes and tell him to tell his sister that he was right, he was right about him.:p

Tycho
12-02-2001, 02:24 AM
Emperor Jargo was right. He was right about him. And all of the rest. It would be nice to see.

I never thought about Luke and Vader RH being exclusive figures to come with an Imperial Shuttle Re-release. Very interesting.

I'm sure people would want what might be possibly extremely good figures to be available carded though - and then there's the fact that many pack-ins have been uninspired or low-quality (which we wouldn't want to see happen especially with THESE figures). I don't know. Nice original thinking, Jargo. I'll think on this some more myself.

Darkross
12-12-2001, 11:14 AM
I would like to see the Emperor's Wrath Luke with the ideas mentioned by Lord_Malakite.

I would also like to see a Battle Damage Bespin Luke. Indeed it is a great looking figure.

El Chuxter
12-12-2001, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Darkross
I would also like to see a Battle Damage Bespin Luke. Indeed it is a great looking figure.

Hasbro actually made one, but for some odd reason it was never released. :cry: There's a picture of it here at SSG at http://www.myfigures.com/pa/index.html?item_id=18056.

Jayspawn
12-12-2001, 12:13 PM
Yeah, it'd be cool. Snap on lightning bolts would be cool.

Bring it on Hasbro!

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 04:04 PM
Since Hasbro is all into this deluxe packaging with great big windows, they could do a sequel to their Final Duel Cinema Scene with a defeated Vader, Luke Writhing in agony on the ground, and the Emperor shooting nasty painful blue lighting into him. All on a nifty Throne Room Staircase set in a nice big package.

I suppose it's too much to ask, but make the Luke figure the really great Deluxe Endor/jedi Luke Jar Jar Binks and I came up with.

And while I'm on this fantasy trip, make a Sith Infiltrator and send me a million dollars Hasbro.

rherk
03-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Nah, much rather have a regular resculpt Luke Jedi as seen in jabbas palace.

Darkross
03-22-2002, 03:48 PM
In the meantime while we all wait for Hasbro to make an Emperor's wrath Luke Skywalker, you can take the lightning off of a couple R3T7's and put them on your favorite Jedi Luke figure so far and VOILA! you've got yourself an make-shift Emperor's Wrath Luke Skywalker.

Just wish that Hasbro would actually release two more Jedi Lukes. One with Emperor's Wrath and another Endor Capture with the magno-cuffs (like Bespin Capture Han Solo). Both figures would have tons of articulation etc...