PDA

View Full Version : Newark/Wilmington DE

dr_evazan22
07-27-2002, 09:49 PM
This week I found at Target Djas Phur and Palps, and 1 Mace w/ red Droid. They also had Obi Pilot and Han Endor and Chewy.

About 2 weeks ago I found the Acklay at the W-M. It hadn't yet been stocked. I haven't seen it anywhere since.

dr_evazan22
08-02-2002, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone!
As the title says I found thr TRU X-Wing here in Newark yesterday (Thurs 8/1).

Today I went to my local Target in Wilm. and found 1 Deluxe Yoda and many (more than 6) Deluxe 3PO's, as well as 1 each of the Action Fleet Falcon and TIE Advanced x1.
In addition, they had a ton of the newer fig's- Djas, Sup. Chan. Palpatine, Chewy, and more. The fig's were on 2 endcaps and about 8' of wall space!

Happy Hunting!

dr_evazan22
08-03-2002, 01:15 PM
I'm glad to see that someone id reading these posts, but I feel like the character from Pink Floyd's The Wall : "Is there anybody out there?"

On to today's report:

I rec'd my delivery of KB Troopers in the mail today. I had ordered them last weekend. They came in pretty good condition compared to fig's I've ordered from TRU/Amazon.

I went back up to Target today to see if they put out more stock, but no.

From there I headed over to Concord Mall in Wilm to get something and decided to stop in KB. Much to my surprise they had 2 of each color trooper, plus the all 3 of the AF. I bought the X-Wing since Target didn't have them the day before. They also had the LEGO TIE Int. and X-Wing priced at 79.99 and 119.99 respctively.

Reporting live from Newark, Delaware for SSG this is dr_evazan22. Now back to you...

Oh yeah! The KB had a bunch of the Playskool sets too, including the Falcon.

dr_evazan22
08-11-2002, 10:02 PM
Hi everyone! It's me again!

Made the rounds again this morning...
Target had more of the Yoda Deluxe fig and more AF (All 3), but there were no accessory sets.

TRU had about 6-9 X-Wings.
Almost forgot! Target had 2 Acklays! The first time I've seen them on a store shelf.

dr_evazan22
08-16-2002, 01:00 PM
At Target today I found the Geo accessory pack, as well as the AF "battle packs" or whatever they're being called. I found 3 out of the 4: Mos Eisley Encounter, Dune Sea Ambush, and Tatooine Droid Hunter. Missing was Imperial Endor Pursuit, as well as the other acc. packs.

TRU had the X-Wing still, but no landspeeeder.

No Acklay's today.

dr_evazan22
08-22-2002, 09:53 PM
As the subject says, I found the Landspeeder today at TRU. They had about 6-8 on the shelf, alongside the X-Wing.

Target didn't have any additional acc packs or AF.

edit
I forgot to add that I haven't seen any of the Cantina sets at W-M, although it seems like they've been getting a ton of toys in! If any of you are batman collectors, I saw a couple cases come in the same way the pre-release Saga figs came in- box says Hasbro at top, w/ a W-M pink toy dept color-coded bar beneath. I checked some of them out to see if they were the Cantina sets.

Happy Hunting!

dr_evazan22
08-24-2002, 09:49 PM
I stopped by a few stores today:

KB in Springfield Mall (Delaware Co., PA)- they had a set of exclusive Clone Trooper Comanders

Walden Books in Springfield Mall- had a stack of Chronicle Books Anakin Skywalker w/ 12" Ani (Old- ROTJ)- 19.99

Target's in Springfield and No. Wilmington- No accessory packs, nothing new.

That's it for today!

dr_evazan22
09-04-2002, 07:41 PM
Hi evryone!

I know this is an item that everyone can order from the FC, but I wanted to let you know that I have received mine today. What I thought was worth mentioning was the way it was shipped:
The package is the new, ergular shape for the Saga 12". It is packed inside another box( just like the way FC boxed action figures[Mace Windu, Kabe and Muftak]) to protect it, then placed in the shipping box w/ appropriate packaging.

I'm not a fan of the FC, but they did a good job w/ this.

Haven't seen anything new at W-M, target or TRU since my last post.

dr_evazan22
09-06-2002, 04:19 PM
I was running a few minutes late to work, but decided to stop at TRU this A.M. and found the new 12" Luke w/ Taun Taun. There was only the 1 on the shelf, which I purchased. I don't know if they had more. I like the window on this b/c you get to see more of the fig (I don't plan on opening this).

Haven't found any other 12" or the W-M Cantina sets yet.

Good Luck!

After work I went back to TRU to see if they had restocked, I was curious about stock levels. When I got back they hadn't restocked, but I did 2 things. 1. I noticed they had the Unleashed Vader, so I picked him up (he was the only one I liked); 2. I asked about more Luke's and was told they had 4 more in the back.

The guy that helped me was present for Midnight Madness, and was dressed in costume. A couple of the guys in line dubbed him "Darth al-Qeada".

When I got home I opened both the Taun Taun (I'd been thinking about it for a couple of hours) and Vader. Tycho, if your reading, the aroma that wafted out of the package was unique and I had a little chuckle at your love of the Mouse Droid:D . Two things I noticed were that the Taun Taun stands a lot better than Han's did. This one actually stands upright, even when Luke is riding. The second was that the right leg joint looked better than Han's Taun Taun. The paint looks great and I'm working on a home for them.

If any of you are within driving distance of Newark, the TRU is at Delaware exit 4B on 95.

Happy Hunting!

dr_evazan22
09-08-2002, 09:39 AM
I had a 6am meeting today at work and therefore was able to go to Target (N. Wilm.) at 8am.

I was (happily) surprised to find the "fully operational" R2-D2 droid. There was 1 other left on the shelf. No acc packs. Received bad/rude service from the girl stocking toys b/c I asked if there was any SW on her restock cart.

From there I went to W-M and found all 3 cantina sets. They had about 8 pegs worth stocked out.

I just finished opening the Cantina sets. Ponda Baba is standing a little strangely: feet apart, knee's together, like he has to pee. My advice to you Ponda- don't break the seal, otherwise you'll be peeing all night.

No gunships yet.

That's it! Good luck!

dr_evazan22
09-12-2002, 05:33 PM
2 things to report:

Borders books in Newark has a stack of about 10 Aurra Sing Masterpiece Edition and a few 3PO Masterpiece Editions, priced at 9.99.

TRU in Springfield Delaware County PA (Baltimore Pike) has at least 10 each of LEGO X-Wing and TIE Int at regular price (149.99 and 99.99).

3. No gunships yet:cry: .

dr_evazan22
09-15-2002, 01:01 PM
My local W-M had 1 gunship on Fri. Haven't seen it in any other stores lately. Well, period. I'm going to check my TRU on Tue b/c the truck comes in Mon night.

Haven't seen any new fig's or 12". Will keep you updated if more Gunships show up.

My copy of SW Insider came Sat and I have to say that I love female Twi"leks!

dr_evazan22
09-23-2002, 10:44 PM
I found the 12" Super Battle Droid (and the Geo accessory pack, as well as Action Fleet Tatooine and Endor Packs) at the Target in Springfield DelCo PA.

dr_evazan22
09-27-2002, 09:44 PM
Tonight I found the 12" Zam Wessel, who, IMO, is a little severe looking. The cust bfore me grabbed the last Super B-Droid. There were no Count's.

Store attendant said that there was a huge stack of stock in back and that an overnight crew would be working on it, to check back Sat.

dr_evazan22
10-07-2002, 05:04 PM
My W-M had all 3 12" :Dooku, S-Battle Droid and Zam. I picked up the 2 I needed and there were still some leftover.

dr_evazan22
10-08-2002, 11:15 PM
I know that Tycho and some others have recently ordered the Star Tours fig's, well, I thought I would use this forum to let you know that my order arrived today.

I eagerly opened the box and found that 3 of the 6 cards were damaged/bent. This is only a problem b/c I wasn't planning on opening these. This may change though.

Hopefully you'll receive yours soon, if you ordered, and hopefully they'll be in better shape than mine.

dr_evazan22
10-13-2002, 03:31 PM
My local Target had at least 10 Gunships on display on the floor. There were no new fig's or 12".

dr_evazan22
10-14-2002, 05:33 PM
I had a few minutes before I had to be at work this a.m. and thought I'd check TRU since it's right down the street from work. Walked in and found a couple wave 2 Action Fleet, w/ a whole case sitting on a rolling shelf waiting to be put out. So I was able to get all 3. I'll tell you, the AT-TE looks really cool, and they need to make a 3-3/4" version!

No nwe fig though.

dr_evazan22
10-19-2002, 01:34 PM
I found a couple things today.

At TRU I found the Gunship, and also the 12" Electronic Obi and Jango.

From there I went to W-M and found the Acklay and a new Jedi training lightsaber. It's about the same length as the other electronic sabers that have been released, but the saber hilt looked more authentically sized. Also, you could enter a code so no one else could use the saber (at least for training purposes). It spoke and had battle sounds, and regular saber sounds.

At Costco they have the LEGO Gunship for 69.99 instead of the usual 89.99.

dr_evazan22
10-21-2002, 02:01 PM
I stopped by TRU on my way to work this a.m. and some staff members were taking down older fig's. I did find Teemto and Ki-Adi Mundi there. I'll stop by again later to see if they put out any more new fig's.

On Sat I receieved my SW Insider from the FC, so keep your eyes open for it.

dr_evazan22
10-24-2002, 02:00 PM
I found T&A Ani and Sith Traing Maul at TRU. They had a few on pegs, as well as more Teemto's and Ki-Adi's. In addition, they had stocked the pegs w/ fig's that I havent' seen too much of lately (from the 1st wave in April). It's good to see they are trying to increase their sales by having their full selection on the sales floor.

dr_evazan22
10-31-2002, 05:43 PM
Went to WM and picked up the Battle Arena this a.m., they had another on the shelf. They also had the Darth Tyrannus Elect. L'Saber (as opposed to Dooku's).

WM had pulled all the fig's that they were planning on sending back. On 21 pegs for SW figs they had about 30 copies of Arena Battle Jango. This has been like this for a week or so. Looking forward to getting it filled up.

For those of you who ordered the AOTC Imax poster, I receieved my copy today. Keep your eyes peeled.

dr_evazan22
11-12-2002, 02:56 PM
Let's see...

Fri I picked up Coruscant Attack Padme from WM.

Mon I got a video/DVD display from a local supermarket. Later in the day went to DC to see IMAX (if you live w/in 3-4 hours of a city showing it, take a day and go see it!)

On the way home I picked up the DVD (it was midnight when I got to the WM) and 2 Clone pilots, as well as the LOTR SE. the new Pearl Jam wasn't put out yet, else I would have gotten that too. (This WM was on Rt 40 in Elkton MD)

Oh yeah, at the TRU on MD450 (outside of DC, I think in New Carrollton, MD), they has 2 Royal Starships for $50 ea.

And I just noticed there are no more post counts. Cool.

dr_evazan22
11-12-2002, 05:06 PM
I know I just updated this a few hours ago, but I just came back from TRU. Here's what I got for 87.48:

- LEGO Gunship - Special Note.... ALL SW LEGO 25% OFF, I don't have an expiration date for you though, sorry:rolleyes:

- FREE Droid Escape LEGO w/ coupon from big book

- Hasbro Jedi Starfighter for 19.99 so that I could get...

- FREE Silver R2

- and to top it all off, for spending over 100$ (yes, my total was 87.48), I received a choice of FREE Tigger or Pooh, valued at 29.99. I took Tigger.

All said and done, I saved 59.49!

So, to say it again, all SW LEGO is 25% off at TRU for a limited time. If you've been holding off for the Blockade Runner or X-Wing, go for it! It would be nice if this was still running when the Star Destroyer comes out.

dr_evazan22
11-18-2002, 08:09 PM
Went to Christiana Mall on my lunch break and decided to stop in the KB.

I wasn't expecting much, this particular KB usually doesn't have a good selection of fig's. But this time I found Watto (a personal fav), Lott Dod, and the Tusken w/ Massiff. They had a number of copies of each, plus a good number of the fig's that I've found elsewhere recently.

Insider 64 came today as well, haven't really looked thru it yet though.

I forgot to add this in... The fig's are marked at 4.99, but scanned at 4.44. The associate said they should be that price until the end of the month.

dr_evazan22
11-22-2002, 09:30 PM
On Thurs at Target I found all the pegs for the accessory sets were full, w/ all 4 sets represented, and picked up the remaining sets I needed.
This was in Springfield DelCo PA.

I went down Baltimore Pike to TRU (still in Springfield) and found some newer figs: Rebel Endor Soldier (resculpted head), Lott Dodd, Clone Pilot and Pilot Jango.

Today I went to the Wilm Target. They had a few Acc sets. Of the figs they had, about 50% were Orn Free Ta, and the other 50 was comprised of Palps and Djas. I haven't seen a new fig there in a few months.

dr_evazan22
12-02-2002, 11:02 AM
I didn't really do any shopping over the weekend, but I stopped in at WM this a.m. and found the 12" Bounty Hunters (all 3). They also had a LEGO Slave 1 that was repackaged and it cme w/ some kind of carry case. I didn't spend too much time looking at it. The only 3-3/4" fig they had was Final Duel Jango.

Went to TRU next. Saw a guy pick up the last Ephont Mon. I couldn't believe how big and heavy it was! It looked pretty good. The guy that picked it up had been at the Midnight Madness sale in April, and he had a life-size R2 that he took to C2. It was neat to see him again, we talked for a few minutes. TRU also had the 12" BH's.

dr_evazan22
12-09-2002, 08:00 PM
I haven't had any luck w/ toys lately, I still haven't found Ephont Mon or another Clone Pilot.

Was at Target yesterday. It doesn't look like their SW section has changed at all, except maybe they sold a few of the Palpy fig's. It's been pretty frustrating going there. They did have a couple of the accessory sets.

TRU had a bunch of Count Dooku. I don't think I've seen him since April. I've also seen a lot of the earlier fig's w/ the backgrounds.

I found at Hot Topic the line of exclusive SW T shirts. I got the Vader "Who's your Daddy?" shirt, and the Stormtrooper shirt.

Haven't been to WM lately, maybe tomorrow morning...

dr_evazan22
12-10-2002, 10:19 AM
Stopped by the WM this a.m., and I have to say they have the worst selection ever! Only 5 pegs of fig's (and the only fig on the peg is Jango!). On the bright side, they had some of the new Jabba's palace sets and the TIE Bomber (LEGO).

Went to TRU next. Picked up the Clone PIlot I was looking for and also the new LEGO N-1 Naboo fighter, w/ the "chrome".

dr_evazan22
12-17-2002, 09:01 PM
At KB in the Christiana Mall I found the new Destroyer Droid and the repackaged Yoda w/ Jedi Council Chair, as well as some of the KB 4 packs.

dr_evazan22
12-30-2002, 03:08 PM
I found at one of my local KB's the new Darth Tyrannus and Mace Windu Unleashed. They also had the Value 4 packs, and it looked like they were starting to put pretty much any older figure into it. They had 1 w/ a Battle Droid and Rebel Soldier I almost bought.

I just got back from WM.com. I was there to buy E.T. in widescreen, and to see if I could order the Holiday and Trash Compactor Sets. I got the DVD, but they didn't have the 2 SW items. They did have the Gunship on clearance for 22.00 though! they also had some older LEGO on clearnace. It only brought up about 7 things when I did a SW toy search.

dr_evazan22
01-03-2003, 12:45 AM
Received Insider 65 today, which has Bantha Tracks 2 on the flip side. The cover has DV, from SW Galaxies, I believe.

dr_evazan22
01-03-2003, 06:13 PM
A friend from work told me about a Goodwill shop here in Newark where he saw 2 SW items, so I went to check them out this a.m.

The first item was the "Erector Set" X-Wing, which I thought was an abomination when it first came out.

The second item I purchased. I think its ANH on LaserDisc, but I'm not sure. Maybe one of you guys can confirm, or authenticate this for me. It was produced in 1982, roughly about the size of a record album, but it looks a little more like a huge 1.77MB 3" floppy disc. It says it is a "Capacitance Electronic Disc" System. The logo sticker, which covers almost the entire front and back is in surprisingly good condition for being 20 years old.

Anyway, that's what I found.

dr_evazan22
01-06-2003, 09:47 AM
This morning I found the WM Trash Compactor Sets.

I forgot to report that I found the LEGO AT-TE at Target (Springfiled, DelCo, PA) last week, on New Years.

dr_evazan22
01-17-2003, 10:17 AM
Sitting on a pallet were 2 boxes of the '02 Q4 Deluxe, and one was open so I helped myself. The box contained 2 ea of the Trooper w/ bike, the Geo Warrior w/ Sonic Blaster and the Flippy Ani.

I picked up 2 of the Bikers and 1 ea of the other 2, but decided to put Flippy Ani back, as I didn't really care for the Obi or Dooku Flippy's.

Haven't seen anything else lately.

Edit...

Forgot to mention this was WM.

dr_evazan22
01-31-2003, 06:42 PM
I ordered Plo Koon from Entertainment Earth about 2 weeks ago. last fri they sent word that it had shipped, and today it arrived in perfect condition. I had also ordered a few army builder packs, which are on back order.

I got the LEGO AT-TE at TRU in Springfield DelCo PA the other day. I've been waiting for it to come to DE (tax free), but haven't seen it yet down here.

dr_evazan22
02-05-2003, 05:24 PM
I received my Shuttle Tyderium this morning by UPS 2nd Day Air. I opened it up and it is beautiful! I posted a little bit more about it in the Shuttle thread. If you've ordered but not received, call FAO.

I've been to WM, Target and TRU a few times lately and haven't found anything new.

edit:

FAO 1-800-426-TOYS

dr_evazan22
02-12-2003, 07:19 PM
I had some free time after running some errands so I stopped in TRU. I found the 12" Leia/Boushh w/ Lite-Brite Han, as well as the new 12" Ani and Padme. No sign of the Geo.

I have to say, Padme's head was huge and her arms were so thin it looked like they were bendy's. Then there's Leia... The smile on her photo looks terrible, a definite Barbie smile. I'll be leaving the mask on.

dr_evazan22
02-18-2003, 07:13 PM
Received my latest ish of the Insider today, #66. Inside are pics of the busts made for the winners of Gentle Giants " Become A Jedi" held at C2 last year. All I'm going to say is that we need more Jedi like Therese Romero, one of the winners!

dr_evazan22
02-20-2003, 09:39 AM
I forgot to add in that I received shipping confirmation for my Sandtrooper 4-pack from Ent Earth.

dr_evazan22
02-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Last night I found the Saga TIE Bomber at WM. Interestingly enough, to me anyway, was that it was priced at 28.94, which was less then the POTJ version if I remember right.

dr_evazan22
02-26-2003, 10:24 AM
Received my Sandtrooper Troop Builder pack today as expected. The fig's came w/ clear display stands that are a little bigger than REAL Stands. The fig's look great. The worst thing I can say about them is that they are clean.

Customizers may want to consider buying some and taking off the shoulder pauldrons. There is a slit in the fig's back, same as the POTJ Sandtrooper, for the backpack, but it looks good w/out the pack as well.

dr_evazan22
03-05-2003, 11:23 PM
Stopped at my local Target this morning and they had the same basic fig's as they've had for 6 months; they did have a couple each of the Yoda Deluxe and 3PO Deluxe.

I decided to go to Old Navy on the backside of the shopping center. As I was parking I saw a KB Clearance Store. I got the 1999 Portrait Edition of Amidala in Black Gown for $8 and the Skiff Guard Cinema Scene for $4.

They also had a handful of 12" Watto. In LEGO they had the TIE Int for 39.99 (great price!), Gungan Sub and 2 others I forget.

I'll have to remember to check it out next time I'm up that way.

dr_evazan22
03-11-2003, 05:46 PM
I picked up 2 of the LEGO mini sets today from TRU- the Snowspeeder set and the X-Wing set. I'll probably get the other 2 later this week.

While there I also picked up the "M134 Minigun Machine Gun" from the Ulimate Soldier collection. Even though it's not 100% movie accurate, I want to see how it looks w/ my 12"Snowtrooper.

I also saw 12" GI Joe (Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes), which I don't remember hearing about.

dr_evazan22
03-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Stopped back at TRU this a.m. and found the 12" Geo and picked up the last 2 LEGO mini sets.

The Snowspeeder set looks GREAT! Looking forward to building the last 2 and the Bomber.

The other night when I was opening the M134 machine gun, it broke as I was popping it out of the plastic. Talk about cheap! I'll be returning that one!

I also got "Tatooine Ghost" the other day and finished it yesterday. It was a very good book and I could hardly put it down. It made the 2 trilogies more complete, seeming as 1 story.

dr_evazan22
03-21-2003, 06:57 PM
Yesterday I found the Saga Rebel Trooper and Tusken Raider Camp Ambush at WM.

dr_evazan22
03-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Yesterday I got Ephant Mon in the mail. I bought it from DarthChuckMc, and he sold it for cost + shipping. i highly recommend him.

In early March I decided to join KebCo's 1 of Every Fig Club. The main reason I did this is b/c I've only found 2 or 3 figures (3-3/4") since at least X-mas.
I received my first shipment today, of 7 fig's, which includes Obi AB, Mace Arena Conf., Darth Ty Geo Esc, Boba Fett, Rocket R2, and Ani Secret Ceremony.
The fig's are guarenteed mint, which is pretty hard to get, at least at retail. The fig's I got were as close to mint as possible, but I'll be opening these anyway.

I'll still be going to all my local stores looking for any fig's I'll want dupes of, plus 12", deluxe, vehicles, LEGO, etc.

dr_evazan22
04-14-2003, 11:39 AM
It's tough out there!

I've been going to WM at least 2x a week, TRU on a regular basis... Nada!

I started my day off at WM, nothing. Headed up to target to check on thier 2/$5 sale. I bought the White Stripes for 11.99 and Chevelle for 7.99. Nothing SW.
Went around to the KB Outlet. They had a model of Xixor's Virago. they also had Fantastic 4 and Spidey fig's from '94 and New Mutants from '98. You know, I would guess that they would save more $ by just trowing all that stuff out, recycling the plastic, instead of paying rent and utilities. Oh I forgot. They had a hole huge display in the middle of the floor of plush Patrick Warburton as the Tick.

The I went to the mall down the street to the regular KB. They had fig's at 50%. Too bad they're fig's i bought a year ago.

dr_evazan22
04-26-2003, 07:02 PM
I found an Ephant Mon at the TRU in Springfiled yesterday. That was after being to another TRU, Target and KB.

At Target I was told that they are doing a reset in a couple weeks, that maybe then they will get in some new fig's.

dr_evazan22
05-03-2003, 01:21 AM
I received my Rebel troop builder set on Tues from Entertainment Earth.

At WM this a.m. I saw figs for LOTR Galadriel and a Wraith (it was painted mostly in whites and blues). Pretty nice looking figs. No new SW though....

dr_evazan22
05-26-2003, 05:41 PM
Today I found the Spider Droid and the Super Battle Droid Builder deluxe fig's at Target. There were 8-10 completely empty pegs waiting for new fig's. getting ready for the new reset, it looks like.

They also had a from LOTR an Eowyn 12" and a couple Gollum figs (the smaller size).

Since my last post I've received my Endor Rebel troop builder from EE.

dr_evazan22
06-02-2003, 12:32 AM
On Fri I went to WizardWorld East in Philly. Nice to drive in the city again (a real city that is, unlike Wilm DE).

Anyway. It was a room filled w/ vendors so there was a ton of stuff there. I saw all the fig's that I know that I am missing, but the only one I bought was Admiral MOtti. Others I need are: COMMTech Leia, Holo Sidious, and the Hispanic looking Royal guard from E1; not counting all the new '03 fig's. If anyone is reading this and has an extra to sell/trade please LMK.

Purchased on VHS copies of the Holiday Special and SW: The Lost Audition Films. "Here for the first time ever, The Lost Audition Films...

See what might have been if these actors and actresses had been cast in the original SW film. Shot in 1975 in the Lucas Studios with a black and white camera, this tape highlights the original casting auditions for the principal actors including Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and harrison Ford then shows what might have been by showing us the auditions for Kurt Russell [Han], Wm Katt [Luke], Robbie Benson [Luke], Dennis Hopper, Frederick Forrest, Andrew Stevens [Luke], Charles Martin Smith [Luke], Amy Irving [Tarkin] {Ha Ha... Gothcha!}, Michelle Phillips, Gerald McRaney, Christopher Walken and over a dozen other up and comers.

Part of what makes this amazing tape an absolute must for the true SW fan is the audition scripts with lots of dialoue that wasn't in the final version of the film.

93 min.'s, 1975"

I've only watched about half so far, but it's kinda boring. I will say that Carrie looked even more of a hottie though! Damn!

Most of the scenes w/ a "Luke" had Harrison playing Han, except 1 where Wm Katt (only THE greatest American Hero!) was w/ Kurt Russell as Han.

After buying these on VHS I later saw them on DVD and wanted to kick myself!

Got Dave Prowse's auto on one of those C2 Auto Series photo's of Vader. The main reason I got it was b/c the photo looks SO damn cool! It shows Vader inside Echo Base on Hoth w/ a few Snowies in the BG. It looks really good b/c Vaders all in Black and the BG is pretty much all white and light greys.

Dave confirmed that he has yet to be asked to reprise his role as DV for E3 and suggested we/I start emailing LFL. Ray Park and Jerry Bulloch hadn't yet showed up. Daniel Logan was there and didn't have too much to say. I told him there was internet speculation that Boba would kill Mace.

Master Replicas was there. They had a frame for the auto's for $8, so I got one. They said they were looking at doing a thermal detonator (which they also said at C2) and also the Medal that is given to Luke and Han (the Kalidor Crescent?) and jango's blasters. asked about getting Stormy blasters, but they said that, as a replica, it would look too much like a real gun, that an orange "tip" would have to be added to mark it as unreal. Asked about the upcoming ST props. Guy said something about various phasers and tricorders and communicators that were specific to characters, but he lost me while he was talking about getting licenses ( the friend I was w/ was into ST, so he was listening more closely).

I didn't visit any of the comic artists that were there b/c they ... well, I only collect Spidey and SW nowadays, so...

If anyone is reading this that will be going to the SD Comicon (or another major Con): I am looking to get the exclusive Blue Clonetrooper. If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it, and would gladly offer more than just reimbursement for tyour trouble. If you can help, please PM or email me.

Until next time...

Edit:

Amy Allen was there also, but she didn't llok quite as hot as Aayla Secura. Maybe it was b/c she didn't have her "Leku" on, maybe it was b/c she wasn't painted blue w/ a belly shirt on:rolleyes: . i don't know.

dr_evazan22
06-12-2003, 09:30 AM
On Tues I found the TRU exclusive Imperial Forces fig pack at 2 different TRU's: Media and Springfield, both in DelCo PA.

dr_evazan22
06-19-2003, 07:03 PM
My local Newark TRU now has the Imp Forces also.

I just had my IMAX AOTC poster framed at an arts and crafts store near me, AC Moore. I had never opened it before I got to the counter. The thing is huge, bigger then a regular store bought poster. then I noticed that the printing is on both sides: one side is correct and the other looks like your looking at it from the back (hey, I thought it was cool, none of my other posters have that).

So it took about 2 wks and it turned out to be too big for where I had intended to put it, over my computer/monitor (all the toys on my desk are AOTC). I ended up having to take down a painting my grandfather painted of teh Russian countryside during WW2.

I've got 3 other posters I want to get done now: ESB (Gone W/ The Wind style), the SW Radio Drama poster and a SW concert poster.

dr_evazan22
06-21-2003, 01:12 AM
Found the "new" Action Fleet at WM this a.m.... AT-AT and Snowspeeder. They also had a peg of E1 fig's still, which actually appeared there about 5 to 8 weeks ago. Doesn't appear as if they've sold any though.

dr_evazan22
06-23-2003, 10:37 AM
3 posts in 1 week! Stuff is starting to show up!

Today, received the Ani Speederbike and Dooku Speederbike from KebCo; will receive some fig's later this week.

Stopped at KB on my way home from Target and found the Gamorrean Guard. Gonna try to cancel the order from KBkids.com.

At target they didn't have new SW, but for LOTR they had 12" Arwen (her face was too long) and 12" Helm's Deep Legolas w/ sculpted hair. Other then the sculpted hair, and some wacky looking boots, it was a good looking fig.

dr_evazan22
06-25-2003, 06:49 PM
As expected, I received my 2nd shipment of fig's from KebCo today: Aayla, Yoda and Chian and Bariss Ofee. There wasa note in the box that all the Ashla and Jempa were arriving damaged, which was mentioned in another thread on the site. Undamaged fig's would be shipped later.

I forgot to mention on Mon that I had seen KotOR store displays ship to my local FunCo Land/Gamestop. I'm not sure of the release date.

dr_evazan22
07-16-2003, 01:48 AM
I'm going to file this under "SW Related":

I went to see the Phila Orchestra tonight at the Mann Center for Performing Arts, conducted by John Williams. Show began at 8p and lasted until about 10:15p.

Playlist:

-Liberty Fanfare - I think this was written for the rededication of the Statue Of Liberty.

-Overture to The Cowboys -

-Suite from JFK - Theme, motorcade, Arlington
This piece was excellent and sounded better than I've ever heard it. I could easily picture the beginning of the movie before JFK was shot. If I remeber correctly, Arlington is at the point where Garrison has just spoken to X and he's at a crossroads as to whether to continue or not. Garrison is on one side of frame at JFK's grave w/ eternal flame and a black (grand)father walks up w/ his (grand)son. Heard parts of the music I haven't heard before.

-"Adventures on Earth" from E.T. -

Intermission

-"Flight to Neverland" from Hook - Unless this was one of his fav's I don't know why it was in there (don't get me wrong, it was well performed. I just wanted to hear SW).

-Selection from Far And Away - County Galway, June 1892; The Fighting Donellys; Joseph and Shannon; Blowin' Off Steam (The Fight); Finale. This sounded great as well.

-Suite from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Hedwig's Theme; Fawke's The Phoenix; Nimbus 2000; Harry's Wonderous World.

-Theme from Schindler's List - A violin solo was set against the rest of the orchestra. It's amazing how the violin can conjure/convey feelings of loneliness, hurt and pain. This received a standing O. In the preamble to the piece, JW said that when SSpielberg had shown him the film, JW was so touched and emotionally upset that he couldn't speak and had to leave the room. When JW went back in, JW told SS that he needed a better composer. SS's reply:"I know, but they're all dead". It got a laugh out of the audience.

The last piece:
-Main title from SW - I could see the yellow crawl go up and disappear, then that moment before the camera panned over to Tatooine and the Tantive IV and Devastator. I wished he had played more SW!

SW was the last item on the list, but JW came back out for an encore and played something from Indy's Last Crusade (not main theme though, missed title b/c audience was clapping). After that he performed the theme to NBC Nightly News, and that was it. Fireworks as we walked to our car.

Last fri I purchased NJO: Reunion and the Boba Fett books 1 and 2 from Scholastic (they didn't have 1, which I still need). After reading these I plan to get the newest Scholastic book w/ Yoda, Dooku, Qui-Gon and Obi and Ani.

For those of you that collect marketing pieces- I saw SW Galaxies posters being shipped to the local GameStop. The package was about 5ft tall.

dr_evazan22
07-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Stopped by my TRU this morning and lo and behold there were new items! I almost passed out!

I ended up only getting the Clone Trooper Army set, but they also had the Droid Army. Also they had the repainted Jedi Starfighter and the ?new? AAT tank. I say ?new? b/c it looks like the only redeco on this is the droid in the "exploded" mode.

Another curiosty was that the JS and AAT had printed on the back the UK distribution info. I've never seen this on a US toy before.

Over in LEGO, they had the UCS Naboo Starfighter, Super Battle Droid and Jango Fett on clearance.

Will return Fri for the Droid Army.

As a side note, I think all the CT's produced so far aren't that good and I'm waiting to get one that has articulation like a CommTech Stormie.

dr_evazan22
07-19-2003, 02:44 AM
As promised I returned to TRU today (I also made trips to WM and target who both had nothing new). Purchased the Destroyer Droid Launcher and the new J Starfighter.

Yesterday they had the battle droid army, but were out of it and the clone army packs. Also, between visits they cleared all the pegs of all the old '02 figs, which has been reported elsewhere on SSG. Hopefully this means that there are new figs in the pipeline. Another note is that my TRU has remerchandised just about the entire store, moving fixtures about.

dr_evazan22
07-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Found the Sidious and Obi Unleashed today at TRU, got the Obi. Almost got the Sidious, will have to think about that. Didn't see any of the new Clone Wars packs; they only had 1 AAT left.

dr_evazan22
07-23-2003, 11:24 PM
Let's see...

...Forgot to mention that the Luke Unleashed was also at TRU.

... Was able to get my hands on the store display for SWG today. that might go on the wall over the desk and monitor.

... Stopped at KB and found 2 rec Battle Droids (for 1.99 each, thank you very much!) and Lama Su w/ clone kid, which I bought, and the repackaged Han and Leia. The guns in each Leia package were all honking huge, almost as tall as she is, plus they were all bent against the front of the bubble. I left those 2 behind. I have to say that I do like the new Saga packaging.

dr_evazan22
08-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Went up to Target after work this morning. They had nothing new that I haven't seen (meaning no A-Wing or Leia/Speederbike). No CW fig's, although they did have the JS and AAT. There was space on shelf for Rep Gunship.

LOTR- Target had a new beast pack in blue packaging (that said TTT), a bad guy and some hell hound. There was a RotK Eomar fig in blue packaging.

Picked up House of 1,000 Corpses DVD.

Almost forgot- They ahd LEGO AT-AT and 2 new mini's- AT-AT and MTT.

Went over to Concord Mall to KB and picked up Tie Fighter.

Went to WM yesterday and they had 6 pegs for SW, but NO fig's at all out.

dr_evazan22
08-17-2003, 02:10 AM
Received Insider 70 today.

dr_evazan22
08-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Found the latest wave of 12" (Han, Lando skiff guard, AT-ST driver) and the Ultimate Bounty at TRU.

Looking forward to opening Lando and U. Bounty.

dr_evazan22
08-27-2003, 05:01 PM
Picked up my Clone Trooper Busts from teh comic store today. Opened them up and they're not as white as pictured on the package (stark white), but they still look wicked!

Not sure where to place them... for now I moved teh bunch of Clone's from my answering machine stand (DOH! that was painful!) I have the trio of 12" Clone's behind them, and a display of all different Stormies in front of my monitor (ans. machine is just to the left).

dr_evazan22
08-28-2003, 11:33 AM
At WM this morning They had Yoda's and Vader's electronic sabers in all new Saga packaging. Pictured but not present was Luke's ROTJ saber.

No fig's though, 6 empty pegs.

Wlaked over to the LEGO aisle and found the 4 new mini sets as well as the LEGO Hailfire droid. Pretty sweet looking! Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up Fri.

dr_evazan22
09-06-2003, 01:12 PM
I just noticed on my last post that I "wlaked" over to the LEGO aisle... ya know, if my name were French, it would be DUMas!

Anyway, wanted to post that I just ordered the A-Wing and Leia Speederbike from Target.

dr_evazan22
09-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Found the Clone Wars Gunship tonight at TRU, plus they had restocked the 12" figs w/ Lando, At-ST driver and Han. I haven't gotten teh last 2 yet, but that Han looks terrible! Like he's a killer out of a horror movie wearing a mask!

They also had the Saga 3PO w/ removable limbs.

dr_evazan22
09-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Received my A-Wing today. Let me tell you, this ship looks F'ing GOOD. I really like green, gray and black paint apps! The pilot has a similar paint job as well; I know he's just a repaint from the cinema scene, but he lokos pretty good too.

It comes in such a nice window box that I'm not sure if I'll open it or not. I don't have my red one hanging, so maybe I'll see if I can get them to hang first. If I don't open it, then I'll just have to prop the box to show as much of the fighter as possible.

Definite design similarities as the Jedi Starfighter!

Speeder bike is coming seperately.

dr_evazan22
09-12-2003, 03:31 PM
A bonanza at Target today! First off, I finally had the $ for the Hailfire LEGO, so I found and got that. walked over to the action fig aisle and found the new Luke and Vader throne room duels, Chewie Mynock Hunt, Blue Hoth Han, and a Snowy. They only had 1 of him or I would've bought more. So that's 5. They also had Ani secret ceremony, the newest Dooku w/ force lightning, and Boba PoC.

dr_evazan22
09-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Stopped by TRU in the a.m. and found 1 clone pilot for my CW Gunship, so I snatched him up. Also founs the 2 new cinema scenes, or whatever they're called, the Geo War Room and Jedi Council. I haven't opened either one yet, still deciding if that's what I want to do. They are packaged very nicely in almost 100% 360degree window. The only thing I have to say is that at first glance the fig's look smaller then ordinary. And the Mace in JC looks a little wierd b/c he has a sculpted tunic top and soft goods bottom.

Also picked up the 12" ATST driver.

dr_evazan22
09-27-2003, 11:07 AM
I was in King of Prussia Mall (in KoP, PA) on Thurs night. Went into FAO and they didn't have a single small figure. The only new things they had were the Lando 12" wave. Went to the mall KB from there and found the CW Yoda and Anakin. I didn't get either though- I was waiting for someone and they were late. They showed up a few minutes later (plus there's sales tax up there- you get spoiled down here in DE!).

On my way home I stopped at Target (nothing new) and TRU in Springfield DelCo, PA. I found the Hailfire Droid and the Geo Fighter, and picked up both.

dr_evazan22
10-01-2003, 11:45 PM
It's not that I'm trying to shop in other states or areas, I just happen to be finding myself in new areas lately.

So today I had a training class to attend in Whitemarsh MD, north of Baltimore. I had gotten bad directions and ended up making many stops to find my way. One of those stops was at Target where they had the ARC Trooper, which I got, and the CW Ani and Yoda, which I still didn't. They had other things which I've seen a couple of other places too.

So, I finally reach (what I think is) my destination. Well, it wasn't right, I needed another location. As I'm driving off I see WM across the street and a TRU down the block. Unfortunately I didn't have time to stop as I was now late.

S! I almost forgot! I picked up my Code 3 Falcon today! Dudes... It's sweet! Much bigger then I expected. I was hoping to display it on a shelf w/ my MR Han Blaster, but there's no way they'll both fit. Detail and paint are far superior to anything I've seen so far, yet it would have been nice if there was still more detail.

dr_evazan22
10-07-2003, 09:08 AM
I received my Silver Fett's yesterday; I had ordered them about 2 weeks ago. One was in pretty decent shape and the other had a badly bent card.

dr_evazan22
10-11-2003, 07:38 PM
I found The battle Of Hoth set, and the 2nd Geo War Room and 2nd Jedi Council sets at my TRU last night.

dr_evazan22
10-21-2003, 11:25 AM
I went and got the Indy DVD at Best Buy, as well as the new Dido CD.

Stopped at KB on the way home. Didn't see anything new, so I asked an associate. He said he didn't have anything. So I decided to check out some of the other fig's they carry. Low and behold (what?), I come across CW value packs. I hadn't planned on purchasing the CW Yoda or Ani, but they each had different color Clones, so I got those 2 for 5.99 ea. Turned around and they had the CW Clone Speeder Bike, Durge - who looks more like a Turd-ge, and a 3 pack w/ red clone (prone).

dr_evazan22
11-10-2003, 06:12 PM
I forgot to post a few...

Got The Unifying Forcelast Wed, finished it last night.

Found Ani's Jedi Starfighter at Target, but no other new fig's.

Found Droid Factory Padme last week at TRU.

dr_evazan22
11-14-2003, 09:42 PM
A few days ago I found the Clone Army with Yellow commander at TRU.

Then earlier tonight I found the New LEGO Mini SD and Shuttle, they didn't have out the other 2 though.

dr_evazan22
11-18-2003, 10:48 AM
I did pretty well this morning...

At WM I found a bunch of fig's: Wat Tambor, WA-7, Ashla and Jempla, Princess Leia, Faytonni, Vader (soft goods), Luke Tat, and Coleman Trebor. Would have bought LOTR: TTT there, but they were rude.

TRU: Clone Army w/ green clone, Droid Army (SBD, BD, DD).

***edit***

Went to Best Buy to get LOTR, which of course they had. Ran into a guy that was at Midnight Madness last year.

***2nd edit***
FOrgot to add that they had the Mos Eisley and Snowspeeder LEGO's at TRU also, but I wasn't able to find the remaining 2 wave 3 mini's.

And I also thought I'd add that the Geo Star Fighter that I got some weeks ago, well the wing tips are made from that soft plastic and now both are drooping towards the floor. :cry: :frus:

dr_evazan22
11-24-2003, 05:03 PM
Found the Sith Infiltrator and AT-TE today at the TRU, as well as the Red ARC Trooper from CW.

dr_evazan22
12-19-2003, 03:46 PM
At TRU this a.m. I found Bail Organa, CW Gen Mace, Imp Dignitary (Janus), Lars Homestead Padme, Outlander Obi. They also had LEGO buy 1, get 1 half off on selected sets. By the register they had mini's (Podracers) for 2.99.

dr_evazan22
12-22-2003, 12:42 AM
On Sat I found CW Sassy Tin (who looks really cool! I like the way he lost some of his horn!) and Kit Fisto at Target in N Wilm. Tonight I found Ahmed Best at Target in Springfield, then drove up Batimore Pk and found Hoth Trooper (04/01) at KB in the mall priced at 6.99! Bastards!

dr_evazan22
12-23-2003, 08:27 PM
This is sort of a flashback post.

I've been going to TRU and Targets quite a bit in the last week and finding that they are putting out a bunch of older SAGA fig's, fig's that were recalled... Mas Ameeda, Djas Puhr to name 2. Plus seeing some older deluxe sets as well. Heck, I even saw some Action Fleet on Sun night. I was excited at first - Ooo! something new! Then POP! that bubble was burst. The only thing I can hope is that since it's a year later some kids and parents will be buying these thinking they are new fig's, making more room for stuff that really is new.

Have a Happy Holiday Season!

dr_evazan22
12-25-2003, 11:45 AM
Merry Christmas!

Stopped at TRU yesterday morning after work. Almost walked away because all I saw was the older stuff mentioned above. Then I caught sight of one peg off the side that had CW fig's on it. Picked up Assaj Ventress. I was hoping to see Turdge also, but none were in sight.

dr_evazan22
12-31-2003, 12:56 AM
Happened to be in PA last night and stopped in Target. They didn't have anything new, but I did see that they had the Jabba's Palace LEGO on clearance. Also, the had pristine E1 Obi Epic size fig's.

Stopped by Target in Wilm on way home and found about 6 Wedding Padme's, and picked up the Jabba's Prize LEGO (no tax in DE).

dr_evazan22
01-08-2004, 01:48 AM
Stopped in WM Mon morning to pick up cat food and while there checked out the SW stuff. 2, count them, 2 elect. lightsabers, and not 1 peg of SW fig's. in fact they ahd taken the pegs for something else.

dr_evazan22
01-19-2004, 02:57 PM
On Sat a buddy and I went to a collectible show at Concord Mall. Didn't find too much at the show, but stopped by KB and picked up Hoth Luke and R-3PO, which is apretty nice fig. They also had some clearance fig's there.

Went across the street to Target. They had about 12 pegs for SW fig's, but they were all empty.

Went around to the KB Outlet and they had some of the same stuff, clearance-wise, as the mall store, and the worst part was that it was at the same price. I would expect it to be a little less expensive. Ran into a little kid who needed help figuring out what the little blast effects were for. That was fun, helping him out.

Oh, if you somehow missed Terrax The Terrible from the FF line in '94, they had a bunch of him, as well as some Robocop fig's from the same year. They were about $1. They also had a tablefull of Ultimate Hair Amidala for .75.

dr_evazan22
01-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Found at TRU the Jedi Warrior Pack that comes with the detainment field. They've had no basic fig's for about a week. They do have 2 or 3 pegs of the deluxe fig's tho. They also had a bunch of newer Unleashed figs - the Han wave.

dr_evazan22
01-31-2004, 10:41 PM
Yesterday I found at Target Jedi Luke, the 2nd Imp Dignitary, R1-G4 (which has an amazing 3 points of articulation - left arm pulls in and out, right arm goes in/out and moves side to side a little!), BarToo, and I picked up another Hoth Trooper.

Went back up today hoping the shelves would've been restocked, but no. Went around to the KB Outlet (which is on the list of store closings due to bankruptcy; the only store in DE) and got a KB 4 pack for $8 (3 army builders inside) and 2 seperate Geo Warriors. They also had a couple of the Playskool sets too, which I was a little surprised to see... The X-Wing set and the Naboo Fighter set.

dr_evazan22
02-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Stopped at Wally World this morning to look for Sw stuff. I walk into the fig aisle and half the pegs in the aisle are empty. I couldn't believe it. What are these people selling? I didn't see SW. I walk thru each aisle, don't see it. I finally had to ask someone and they showed me the empty pegs in the HW aisle. They were right next to LOTR fig which I hadn't seen before. They looked like they were 5 or 6 inches, on a relatively small card. I hadn't seen cards like these before, but there was packaging for each of the 3 movies.

dr_evazan22
02-16-2004, 07:50 PM
I found the 'new' 12" Obi tonight at TRU, they had 2. May have to stop by in a day or 2 to check for Jawa's and Garindin. Obi looks pretty nice, and the package is back to the rectangular box, one side with window, other with photo / art. I like this better then having the window.

dr_evazan22
02-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Went to the TRU in Media PA tonight and found a butt load of Hoth Han with Brown Coats. I bought 2 so I could trade one later. In fact, if any of you reading this need this one, and have a Scanning Crew Tech from the carrying case and would like to trade, send PM or email.

Sun night I found Yoda, Turdge, CT, and Dooku from Targets CW line. There were still some of all there tonight.

At WM this a.m. they had an Aragorn as King of Gondor fig on the smaller cards, and a Merry or Pippin in Gondor armor (with the white tree). They looked pretty cool.

That's it for this time; until next...

dr_evazan22
02-26-2004, 09:19 AM
I forgot this from last night...

Was in KB toys and they had all 3 Playskool SW items- the Falcon, X-Wing, and the Naboo fighter. If you need it, the addy is Granite Run Mall, Media PA, 19063.

dr_evazan22
03-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Yesterday I found the new 12" Luke and Yoda atTRU. They also had the Luke / X-Wing Unleashed and the Chewie and Clone Trooper.

Went by a KB a little later. Nothing new, but this one also had all 3 Playskool sets (in DE tho).

Got my Greedo bust today at comic shop. Very cool!

dr_evazan22
03-16-2004, 11:33 PM
I forgot to post that I had found the Maul and Old Obi Glass' at the Target in Springfield on Sat. I thought they looked terrible and passed on them.

dr_evazan22
03-22-2004, 10:23 PM
I haven't found anything new in a while. But, my buddy Paul and I set up a table at a local collectible show. I was selling fig's that I have dup's of. From POTF2 thru the beginning of Saga I bought 2 of each fig, to open and to keep carded. Well, I'm trying to clear out some space, as well as focus a little more on the higher end collectibles from MR and Code 3.

So basically, if anyone reading this needs some fig (I'm not going to list them all, too many variations out there) you are welcome to PM or email me. Selling (or trading) most for under $5 each. Also have an AT AT, POTJ TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder, FX X-Wing, regular X-Wing.

Also, I'd be willing to part with my Illusive Original Life Size Yoda. Only to someone within driving distance of DE though (say 3 or 4 hours N, S, or W).

dr_evazan22
04-09-2004, 09:47 AM
A couple of things to report...

Wed I had found Wave 1 of the CW Animated figs at Target, as well as Jabba Dlx, and Obi and Jango Dlx. I ended up passing on the Obi and Jango's after reading reviews of them in the Worst Fig poll.

Thurs I found the Red Leader X-Wing at TRU. Also asked if I could purchase an extra Silver Clone, but was told no. The Clone promo ends Sat night, so any leftovers will be put out for retail sales on Mon (Sun being Easter).

Today I found the 12" Ewoks at WM, the only 12" displayed. They also had BarToo, R-3PO and the Hoth Trooper. 12" fig's now priced at $25.

dr_evazan22
04-13-2004, 05:28 PM
It looks like things are really hitting stores now. Was up in PA and found Dengar at the Media PA TRU. Stopped at KB on Kirkwood Hwy in Wilm on the way home and found Capt Antilles, Gen. Dodonna, TIE Pilot, and Dutch Vander (Gold Leader).

I kind of made my custom last night... I had gotten the Red Leader X-Wing. I took it apart, and my Dagobah X-Wing apart, and switched the engine 'nacelle' area and the back panels (where the switch is to lock the wings). I never really liked the paint deco on the Dagobah version, too black.

dr_evazan22
05-09-2004, 05:50 PM
While up seeing Mom I stopped at the KB in Springfield Mall and found the new Bossk. Not too bad looking, but after seeing the new Gold Leader, or Red, plus Bo Shek, I wish they had put more detail into the flight suit.

dr_evazan22
05-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, I'm not sure if this counts as a momentous occasion, but this is the 100th post in this here thread. I really wish someone else from Delaware would join in. :lonely:

Anyway, was in WM today and found the Ewok Glider. They were also fairly well stocked in the Saga gold cards, too bad none of them were new fig's, just recarded.

[goes to fridge and opens a beer] Here's to the next 100! [takes drink]

dr_evazan22
07-06-2004, 06:43 PM
It's been a while since the last post...

I was in the Chattanooga TN area over the weekend, and found 3 12" Garindin's. I got one. This was at TRU by the Hamilton Mall.

dr_evazan22
07-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Stopped at WM and TRU this morning. WM had only 1 saga fig on peg, but did have a peg priced for VOTC. TRU had new TIE and DV's TIE. Nice packaging. If I had the money I MAY have bought one. I liked the grey missiles in DV's TIE, as opposed to the bright green ones from POTF2. Also, TRU had a butt-load of POTJ Ewok and the droid from the Bo Shek wave (I forget the names, sorry. And as for how many constitute a butt-load, well, I don't think that's even appropriate for the Ranc Pit).

See ya!

dr_evazan22
07-30-2004, 06:25 PM
I've been going to my TRU and WM with no luck recently. I went up to Target yesterday tho, and they had 4 VOTC (han, leia, Obi and ___?), all 3 12" OTC (the stormies helmets looked a little off center) , and about 5 or 6 of the final SAGA collection. And the Unleashed Leia! WOW! OTC Millenium Falcon and TIE fighter also present. If I had the money, I could've easily spent at least $200 on SW.

dr_evazan22
08-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Looks like I forgot to post that I got the VOTC Luke from TRU last week.

My TRU did a reset, or is in the middle of one, since last week. The VOTC has been restocked, and I got an Obi fig last night. They also had a little bit of the final SAGA fig's. The only one they had that I didn't was Rappertunie, so I got him too.

Also went to my WM again yesterday. They had started resetting their toy dept at least a week ago, I think it was 2 tho. Well, it looked exactly the same (empty pegs). They did have a pallet or 2 on the floor they were working on (at 9a), and they had a few clearance tables set up in the main aisles. I asked about SW toys and was told there were so many pallets in the back that they had no idea what they had.

Ya know, I just responded to a thread where it was mentioned that there's been a 17% rise in productivity. That 17% hasn't hit my WM. Freakin' idiots!

dr_evazan22
11-03-2004, 08:36 PM
Wow! It's been a while since I postd here! I've found quite a few things in the meantime. Today I found at my Target OTC Slave 1 for 17.99. It was in the wrong place. They were all over the top shelf with no price sticker and no home. Some employee (I'm guessing) brought 2 down to a shelf where there was a hole. The tag for the hole said "SW Vehicle Asst", and I'm having a bit of a hard time reembering what it would be for 17.99. Well, got that and OTC Scanning Crew and VOTC Yoda. All that for $32.

I got a coupon in the mail from a local arts and crafts store that also does custom framing for 55% and 65% off 1st and 2nd frame jobs. I took in my "Gone With The Wind" style ESB and SW Radio Drama poster for framing - to go with my IMAX AOTC.

Oh yeah - don't blame me. I voted to elect Palpatine.

Kidhuman
11-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Wow! It's been a while since I postd here! I've found quite a few things in the meantime. Today I found at my Target OTC Slave 1 for 17.99. It was in the wrong place. They were all over the top shelf with no price sticker and no home. Some employee (I'm guessing) brought 2 down to a shelf where there was a hole. The tag for the hole said "SW Vehicle Asst", and I'm having a bit of a hard time reembering what it would be for 17.99. Well, got that and OTC Scanning Crew and VOTC Yoda. All that for $32.

I got a coupon in the mail from a local arts and crafts store that also does custom framing for 55% and 65% off 1st and 2nd frame jobs. I took in my "Gone With The Wind" style ESB and SW Radio Drama poster for framing - to go with my IMAX AOTC.

Oh yeah - don't blame me. I voted to elect Palpatine.

What was/are 17.99 are the Tie and X-Wings.

dr_evazan22
11-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Imagine my surprise when I saw a reply here. LOL... I thought I've been talking to myself all this time! For a second I dared to hope someone else has moved to, or signed up in, Delaware.

Thanks for clearing the price up for me.

dr_evazan22
11-10-2004, 11:13 PM
I got the Kmart Cantina Scene 1 tonight at a Kmart in Ridley PA. All SW toys were 10% off.

dr_evazan22
11-13-2004, 02:24 PM
I found VOTC Boba this week. Very nice. I like the way his helmet was put on a ball joint, so it can be moved around. It looks a lot morelike a helmet as opposed to a huge hunk of plastic on shoulders.

dr_evazan22
11-16-2004, 08:35 PM
A couple of things from today...

I picked up my 2 framed posters and now have them hung. They look pretty good, and it really helps to cover up some blank wall. Looking at the new additions I was reminded of friends comments the first time they saw my collection, commenting that it looks like a museum.

I got SWG: Jump To Lightspeed today. A shelf label said it was 24.99 instead of the marked 29.99, so I got it since it was cheaper.

Stopped at TRU on way home. They had 1 VOTC Boba. Damn that looks good in the package! Picked up a silver Vader and "Defense Of Naboo" multi pack and headed to the register. I asked how much the Vader was and was told 9.99 (they were on pegs with the other VOTC figs). My order was rang up and since the Naboo pack was 19.99 I got Vader for free. Sweet. Almost bought the Playskool Stormtroopers just because they were cute looking.

dr_evazan22
11-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Had a little bit of a hiccup looking for the just found. I like that it is in alphabetical order now.

This past Mon at WM I found 2 VOTC Stormies and a Vader. From there I went to TRU (at opening) and found another Stormie, plus OTC Lando and Lobot.

After work I travelled to the WM in Elkton (open 24 hours, the one I usually go to in New Castle isn't) to get the new U2. They didin't have any other fig's I needed, and I was told that someone comes in during the day to do the CD new releases. I walked out cursing WM (to myself).

Fast forward a couple days... Doing some cleaning up for Turkey Day, which I was hosting, I come across a bag. In it is a VOTC Vader and OTC Lobot that I purchased in Sept. D'oh!

Kidhuman
11-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Fast forward a couple days... Doing some cleaning up for Turkey Day, which I was hosting, I come across a bag. In it is a VOTC Vader and OTC Lobot that I purchased in Sept. D'oh!

I hate when that happens. Return the Lobot and keep the Vader to open

dr_evazan22
11-28-2004, 02:47 AM
I am definitely opening 1 of each and returning 1 of each. Since joining SSG I've gone from a mainly carded collector to an opener.

dr_evazan22
12-04-2004, 05:25 PM
At the KB in Concord Mall I found the exclusive Chewie 12". It was marked at 29.99, but rang up at 23.99; I'm guessing there was a sale or something. I didn't really care as long as I was paying less. Part of me thinks this is feakin' awesome (he is made to scale - he is actually about 15" tall, heads and shoulders above all the other 12". Haven't yet compared him to the taller Vader 12"), and part of me isn't too thrilled (he's kind of a one pose wonder as far as the legs go - legs are V crotch. Other then the legs he's got a fair amount of articulation: 2 legs, waist, torso, a little in the neck, [what appears to be] ball socket shoulders, "elbow", and wrist.) He comes holding his crossbow, rubberbanded to his hands. I left it as is seeing as how a lot of figs have some trouble holding their weapons.

Overall, pretty well done. I'm glad I have him.

dr_evazan22
12-08-2004, 12:09 PM
I've been getting behind in my SW and Spider-Man comics lately, so went into a shop I haven't been to before, but close to work. I didn't find all the comics I wanted but as I looked around I saw they had a bunch of other stuff. I found the Bossk and Gam Guard busts by GG. What astounded me was that he was selling them for $45 each. Needless to say, I got each one. If your reading this and need one, I think they have more. Drop me a PM.

Today I stopped by Borders and found the other comic I wanted, plus got the Yoda novel.

dr_evazan22
12-18-2004, 09:12 AM
Well, technically, I haven't found anything yet. Later today I'm going back to the place I got the 2 busts to get see about getting some cheap army builders. Their sale prices are getting progressively lower. Part of the reason I'm going is that some of my BD's legs are bending right over, like they're broken at the ankle or calf. Has this happened to any of you? Any recommendations on how to fix it?

This past week I opened my Geo War Room scene packs. Cool figs, with better detailing then I expected. Even Rune Haako (or Nute, I forget which one) has a resculpted head piece and cloak.

Ordered Inside The Worlds Of The OT from Amazon along with a gift for someone to get free shipping.

dr_evazan22
12-22-2004, 01:38 PM
I found the Ep 1 line at KB on Sun night (Amidala in victory gown, Wookiee Senator, Sly Moore and Pablo Jill) priced at 7.99. I almost passed them by because of that. The Amidala is missing a hand, I need to take it back.

dr_evazan22
12-26-2004, 12:08 AM
My buddy Paul, the ST freak, for Xmas gave me a vintage Escape From The Death Star board game, in very good condition. Very nice gift. He was my pollyanna. I had him also, I gave him a Warp 11 CD (a ST tribute band - they have 2 CD's avail on Target.com or at Amazon).

dr_evazan22
12-28-2004, 11:39 PM
Went back to that comic shop today as their sale was for 70% off SW stuff. I bought an used ST ship for Paul, 1 section of the Micro DS (from the '80's - it looks a little incomplete but I'm not sure), a 12" Bespin Luke from the Action Collection, and an used Dagobah playset.

I wanted to get a bunch of BD's (since I've been having problems with my POTJ versions), but the guy wouldn't budge on price.

dr_evazan22
01-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Went to Target this morning before work and picked up VOTC Lando and 3PO on sale (5.96 ea) and 2 of the cups (Hoth Luke and Ani) which were also on clearance.

Got cut from work early, so I stopped at TRU on way home. Found the entire Cantina wave (Feltipern, Myo, and Dannik). Score! TRU was the only place where VOTC was not yet on sale (I haven't checked KB). They had a Playskool GH Jango and Obi I almost bought.

dr_evazan22
01-10-2005, 09:25 AM
My Wm had a TON of the Galactic Heroes, including the BH sets. I broke down and bought the 3 BH sets.

They also had an OTC Sandtrooper, and it looked like crap. The paint deco was terrible.

dr_evazan22
01-16-2005, 02:16 AM
My local TRU had a bunch of the 12" Obi, Jawa, and Garindan (no Yoda's though). Other then VOTC there were no 4" fig's.

Got my Insider Wed or Thurs. It's nice that I recieve it pretty much when they say they're mailing it out, as opposed to a couple weeks later.

dr_evazan22
01-19-2005, 04:58 PM
My WM had 1 CW Obi on the peg, and 2 different versions of OTC Vader. There wasn't too much else. They had plan-a-grams up for a new set (SW had already been moved).

It looks like about 10 to 12 people read this... maybe one of you might be able to help me out. I'm lokoing for the Target exclusive cups. I have Ani and Luke. I'd like to have the others, but only for the clearance price of $2-3 each. If any of you see it I can Paypal money, or send MO. Thanks!

dr_evazan22
01-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Today I braved the snowstorm and found the CW Greivous and ARC Trooper.

dr_evazan22
01-30-2005, 01:01 PM
A couple of days ago I found the Perview wave at WM, nicely priced at 5.88. One of the few times i'm thankful WM is around.

The fig's look awesome! And the articulation is very good - knees, wrists, elbows, ball jointed shoulders! And te fig's can stand on their own. I didn't think that Greivous would stand, but he did. I don't mind paying an additional dollar for this kind of fig, but an additional 2 or 3 is out of the question.

dr_evazan22
02-09-2005, 06:53 AM
On Sun I found the new Unleashed (Aurra Sing, Stormie, and IG-88).

dr_evazan22
02-22-2005, 01:17 AM
At some point early last week I found the Preview Ani's Jedi Starfighter at TRU for $20. I saw they had a section set up for it on a center section.

dr_evazan22
02-26-2005, 10:08 AM
On Fri I recieved my IG-88 bust from EE - very nice. And just now I was able to complete an order on SWShop.com for a chrome Jango bust.

dr_evazan22
03-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Some time last week or so I recieved an email from Code 3 with an offer for the Skywalker Ranch Fire Truck for $100. I went ahead and ordered it, a cover for it, and a cover for my Slave 1, which I didn't yet have. Today the Slave 1 cover and the SkyRanch Truck came, the other cover is on backorder.

dr_evazan22
03-09-2005, 06:02 PM
My Chrome jango bust came today. Pretty nice looking! The antenna was broken though, which was annoying. Luckily, they had a hole where it fits, so I can just get some crazy glue and get it back on there.

Seriously considering the new ROTS Theater poster. I'm sorry I didn't get E's 1 and 2 also (have the IMAX).

dr_evazan22
03-13-2005, 02:20 AM
I got an email from EE saying my 3PO statue had shipped. Due to get it from UPS on Wed morning. Really looking forward to it.

dr_evazan22
03-15-2005, 11:50 AM
I stopped by my Wm twice yesterday.... In the am after 1 job. Found the ROTS lightsabers, bought Ani's to check out the color change feature. haven't opened it yet. Then, got off the other job in time to go by before closing and check out the stock pallets. They had a bunc of SW LEGO, but no other Hasbro stuff.

3po comes tomorow!!!!!

dr_evazan22
03-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Opened Ani's lightsaber last night. One thing I noticed at WM is that the saber handles show better scale and detailing then the older models, TPM, maybe even AOTC. Definitely better then the POTF2. I get it open and it takes 3 AA batteries instead of 2 or more C or D. Ani's saber has a clear blade and uses 8 LED's to give color - 4 blue, and at the push of a button, 4 red.

A nice improvement! Looking forward to getting the Obi saber at some point.

dr_evazan22
04-09-2005, 01:07 AM
On MM I was not able to find all the fig's that I wanted. But I did get the ROTS novel, visual dictionary and "Art of... " books. Started reading the novel Sat evening, finished Mon night. Looking forward to seeing the movie now, more then ever.

dr_evazan22
04-10-2005, 05:24 PM
was in NJ today and drove by a WM. Was very tempted to stop, but I figured I would just go to my regular store in DE, with no sales tax. A little while later I'm at my DE store. They had a pathetic display! About 5 or 6 figs total, all dupes of Ani and Obi. About the only other thing they had was lightsabers.

So I stopped at my TRU, where I found the ARC fighter, which was very welcome. They still didn't have any other fig's then what they had at MM.

In the same center is a Borders, where I picked up the ROTS Incredible Cross sections and the 'Making Of... ' book.

dr_evazan22
05-09-2005, 07:38 AM
Last week I picked up #'s 35 and 36, Palpatine with changing heads and explode apart Grievous. Also picked up the baggies with the LEGO mini ARC fighter and TIE Int.

dr_evazan22
05-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Was in PA today and stopped by the Springfield Target. Found the Clone Pilot wave... Picked up 2 Pilots, 2 Clone Commanders, Mas Ameeda and a Polis Massa. Prices were 5.24.

Springfield Mall is right up the street, so I stopped in the KB, where they had a Medical Chopper Droid. I didn't buy him because it was 6.99.

On the way home stopped at my usual Target, which had 2 of the figures with cups. Almost bought them, but decided to wait until they're on sale.

dr_evazan22
06-07-2005, 10:09 PM
I've gotten a few items since my last posting that everyone else is finding, but today I wanted to post my good fortune.

Went into one of my local KB's and found the #41 SA clone, they actually had 2. I picked one up, mulling over the idea of paying $7 for it. Walked around to the LEGO section to look for one of the clearance items they've had now for years (gone now), but instead found the LEGO AT-PT / ST.... whatever its called. They had marked them all to $3. It was from a box they had gotten that day. I picked one up and proceeded to checkout. The girl rang me up for 20 bucks, at which time I pointed out the error. So I didn't feel bad, as I walked out paying 10 total for both items.

dr_evazan22
06-08-2005, 08:32 PM
I forgot to add that I found 2 Jedi Council sets on clearance at TRU for $8 each. One had Mace and the snake guy, the other has Depa Bilaba and Yaddle.

dr_evazan22
07-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Wow - It's been a while.

This weekend I found the Can-Cell and Yoda deluxe at target, as well as #50, Mustafar Ani. The week before I found the Spider Droid Deluxe and the Stass Allie w/ BARC.

dr_evazan22
07-13-2005, 04:35 PM
I did somethnig unusual and went to a Kmart that was in a shopping center with a grocery store I had to go to. Shelves and pegs were only about half full of SW merch, all older ones. But! But there was 1 AT TE pilot there for 6.99, so I snatched him up.

dr_evazan22
08-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Found the 500th Darth Vader at TRU on Sun. They also had a number of the MPire fig's, and some LEGO mini's on clearance.

Kidhuman
08-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Dr E. I am heading through Deleware on Sat. Morning via i-95. ANy good spots there?

dr_evazan22
08-06-2005, 02:50 AM
Today (Fri) I found the Titanium ARC-170 and Ani-Vader Evolutions set at WM. Evolutions was still in its shipping box, wrapped in plastic on a pallet, and an associate was nice enough to open it up for me. Sat I'll probably get the Joiner King book at Borders while meeting KH. Drive safe Kid.

dr_evazan22
08-07-2005, 12:52 PM
So I got up to meet KH yesterday at TRU, but first I stopped at the Borders to get the Joiner King book. I got to TRU right at opening. I figured it was hot outside so i went in. I'm glad I did too. They had a black armor Clone Pilot, a green deco Clone Cmdr (figs 33 and 34), a couple 41 SA clones (already had a couple, got another tho) and Cmdr Bacara. They also had #50 quick change battle damaged Ani.

Unfortunately I didn't see KH.

Kidhuman
08-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Actually Dr. E, I hit some snags with departure time and didnt make it into De. until abnout 130 pm. I went to the TRU and didnt find anything. I forgot your # at home, so I couldnt call ya. I am sorry about it. We live close by anyways(a few hours) so maybe a few of us one day can get together around No. Va. and granb some dinner.

dr_evazan22
01-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Its been a while...

A new WM opened near me. It happens ot be on one of the routes that I load at UPS, so I'm glad it finally opened (they usually get a little less packages once they're opened). Anyway, I drove over and they had the entire Hoth wave, which was the first time I've seen it in stores. Got Veers, ATAT driver, snowtrooper, Derlin, the Gonk, and picked up 5 of the wooden based 12" "doll" stands.

WM also had the new Obi Force battler... That is one of the ugliest pieces of plastic I've ever seen. Playskool Luke / Scout trooper w/ speeder bikes, Transformers. The Vader looks cool in package, but I never cared for transformers. They also had the LEGO ESB Slave 1. I wanted to buiy it just for the LEGO IG-88 and Dengar! The store was a lot nicer, and bigger then the other store I go to here in DE. This one looks more like the WM's that I've seen when I go down south.

dr_evazan22
02-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Today I received a couple of things... Koto Snowtrooper (SUPER SWEET!), SWShop.com SpecOps trooper (just a different paint app from the Target version), and the EE droids - both packs. The paint app on the droids could have been a lot better.

Recently, from eBay, I got vintage Micro collection Hoth, DS, and Bespin (complete sets), as well as loose 12" Target Luke and Wampa.

dr_evazan22
02-20-2006, 02:08 PM
I don't know if this technically qualifies for 'just found', but I just pre-ordered the SS ex Mace. I just don't feel like posting in multiple threads about the same fig. Oh - It was really quick and easy, too. I almost forgot all about it.

Here are some pics of some of my 12" collection. To keep them standing I'm using a combination of all white metal stands, and some of the wood / metal stands from WM that someone recommended.

12" pic 1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/Collection/12in10.jpg)

12" pic 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/Collection/12in20.jpg)

12" pic 3 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/Collection/12in30.jpg)

12" pic 4 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/dr_evazan22/Collection/12in40.jpg)

dr_evazan22
03-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Found Bultar Swan at Target the other day. There was a guy standing there with a couple Jedi from the Coruscant wave too. No more on the pegs tho.

dr_evazan22
03-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Forgot to post that one of the TRU's that closed is (was) in Springfield, DelCo, PA, which is the one closest to where my parents live. Haven't made my way to Media to see if that was closed also.
Luckily, the one here in Newark is still open. It has a great location, right next to I-95, reachable by customers in 4 different states(if you include DE. Others are PA, NJ and MD.) within about a 20 min drive.

dr_evazan22
03-28-2006, 02:39 PM
At WM yesterday I found Scorch, and at Target I found the Utapau Clone and Foul Modeema (or whatever his name is). Still forgot to get the Easter Egg kit though.

dr_evazan22
05-21-2006, 12:47 PM
I never did get that Easter Egg kit. I did return to Target yesterday though. I found the 2nd firefighter that I wanted, as well as all the vintage fig's except for the scout trooper. The vintage fig's were 11.99, I think they were still 9.99 at TRU (where I got Greedo a week or 2 ago).

I only make it out shopping about once a week now. If anyone that might happen to read this has scout's in their area could pick one (or four:D ) up for me I'd greatly appreciate it:thumbsup: Thanks!

edit: Just now opening the Tusken. The clamshell was sealed using some sort of heated crimping device, whereby opeing the package destroys the clamshell. I don't know if this is just Target or not, as the Greedo from TRU was sealed with tape, as was the 1st vintage wave last year.

Kidhuman
05-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Some of the VTSC were taped, but most are heat sealed to avoid people stealing the tabs.

dr_evazan22
05-25-2006, 09:19 PM
2 days ago I received my TC-14 bust (chrome plated 3PO) SWS.com. I had ordered the Lucas Family, too, from them, and it still hasn't arrived even though it shipped first.

Today I got the CW deco gunship from TRU, will be opening it shortly.

dr_evazan22
08-15-2006, 07:17 PM
It's been a while since I've posted here. On Sun I found a R5 - D4 and a 501st trooper at TRU. Still looking for the Sandtrooper and the ANH Luke from that set.

dr_evazan22
08-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Tonight I found the Ewok Throne 3PO, Jerjerrod, and a Shocktrooper.

My SS Han excl was shipped and should arrive Mon.

Rec'd notification that my card will be charged in a couple days for the Mace excl.

Yay!

dr_evazan22
09-15-2006, 11:19 AM
I got my SS Mace on Tues, and am expecting another SS fig today (forget which one). Now I just have to go and open them all up... The only SS I've opened so far has been Luke.

More good SS news for me - my Wait-List for Sith Ani SDCC Excl was converted to a real order! Yay! I had missed both versions of Ani.

Looking forward to reserving Plo Koon today.

dr_evazan22
09-23-2006, 07:30 AM
Reserved my SS Ex Plo Koon.

SDCC Ani-vader should arrive Mon, and just received tracking for Qui Gonn, which should arrive 9/28.

I need to follow up on Clone Busts and try to get an estimated shipping for the Fett blaster from MR.

dr_evazan22
11-11-2006, 05:41 PM
In Target I found the DS Gunner. In KB found (and bought) 2 Naboo soldiers and Rep Been, as well as a black and white Endor trooper.

KB had the DV Unleashed in the new packaging (might've been the former Best Buy Excl). Package was HUGE.

They also had some of the electronic lightsabers in the new 30th packaging. The ends say 77 - 07, or something.

dr_evazan22
02-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Wow, not too much happening here in Delaware lately... Will try to pick it back up.

dr_evazan22
02-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Today I purchased the Obi Jedi Fighter w/ Hyperspace Ring at TRU. Saw it there for the past couple of weeks but haven't had the cash. After looking at SSG's photo's from ToyFair, it looks like I'll need to start savibg a ton of money.

dr_evazan22
03-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Last weekend I found 4 new Evo packs - TFU Secret Apprentice, Fett Legacy, Jedi Legacy, and the new Sith Legacy; I didn't get the TFU tho, figured I'd moer likely see that one again. Also got 3PO with Salacious Crumb. And at some point received my Sideshow Ilum Padme.

dr_evazan22
03-15-2008, 01:41 PM
AT Wm today, found and purchased: Grevious Starfighter, AT-AP, and Comic Pack 16 (Clone Commando and SBD from SW: Tales). Also saw the exclusive Jabba's band sets, but already have the original fig's. WM had new planograms up, w/ SW much more prominently displayed towards "front" on the aisle. They still have about 6 RotS Pregnant Padme's.

Also stopped at TRU... They have a nice set up, with about 30 pegs for figs, but about 95% of them are SL fig's.

dr_evazan22
04-27-2008, 10:55 AM
I found all 6 exclusive Order 66 packs at Target this morning, as well as Cmdr Neyo in the SL line, with a cpt Rex sticker.

dr_evazan22
05-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Stopped at WM this morning... Found BD DV and EVO Trooper from TFU. I might be confused (that'd be a first:cross-eye), but weren't these suppsed to be held until 7/26. Also found, from SL, Ewoks Romba and Graak, Shadow Stormie, Zev Senesca, and Covert Ops Trooper.

Opened up the 2 TFU figs. Haven't really played with them, but first impressions...

DV - Looks cool without armor; the pieces they give to 'complete' him don't seem to fit too well.

EVO - Looks great. Ball jointed neck, with flexible air hoses that allow him to turn / tilt his head. Would like to see that on some of the pilot figs. One general gripe I have is the inability of figs to really hold the 2 handed weapons with 2 hands. Bastardo's!:upset:

dr_evazan22
05-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Well, remembered the answer to my own question tonight... Clone Wars figs on 7/26.

While up to see my mom in PA today I was able to stop in both a KB and a Target. Found Maris Brood (who seems to have about the oddest waist on any SW fig), Juno Eclipse, and the Jump Trooper. Jump Trooper's description on the back says they have a jet pack, for short 'jumps', but there is none on the fig. ????

dr_evazan22
05-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Found General Tso and his chickens at TRU this morning (Gen Kota). It looks like the only TFU fig I still need is the black Royal Guard.

Was at Target over the weekend. They changed the endcap that had the Order 66 on it to Speedracer, and couldn't find any Order 66 left anywhere. Still haven't seen the Ex Battle Rancor.

Was looking over the different state forums listed, and 25 of the 50 states haven't had a singal post in 2 years (since '06), and 5 of those states haven't had any posts (not counting posts that say there are no posts :) ).

dr_evazan22
07-27-2008, 11:18 PM
I almost didn't go to my TRU's midnight madness on Fri night because I was tired and wanted to got o bed, but I was glad I did go. I felt I had to go to help ensure that there could possibly be future madness'.

Funds were / are a little tight, so I only bought 5 fig's (Quarren, Mon Cal, quad cannon clone, IG lancer droid, and CW clone with rocket launcher) + the free holo Grevious, as well as the Homing Spider Droid and the Padme Evolutions.

As i mentioned earlier, I was tired, and didn't feel like arriving early. I got there a couple min's after midnight and the line was still advancing into the store. I would guess there might've been about 100 people total. What was really cool about it was the number of kids there with their parents, about half the group. The collectors were putting out some serious cash. I saw a couple get what looked like at least 1 of everything: each LEGO, BMF, AT-TE, fig's, you name it. I didn't see any of them cash out, but it must've been at least a thousand bucks.

There were 2 sad parts to it. The first was that said collectors, while looking thru the figs, pretty much made it so no one else could look thru them (reminded me of TPM MM in Denver at C1). So it was sad that it seemed the collector mentality hasn't changed (gotta have those 1st day of issue stickers!). The 2nd sad thing was that TRU had not planned for this business. All they had set up for it was the same thing I would see if I go in tomorrow morning at 10. This particular TRU has done a MM before. They could have put extra product on the floor to accomodate a specialized consumer. After 20 minutes they had to restock the figs and the LEGO's, and I think the AT-TE's as well.

Well, that's my MM report from Newark, Delaware. I'll need to get myself over to the Borders sometime this week to check out any books that came out.

dr_evazan22
12-06-2008, 07:37 PM
So, in the last post in July I said that money's been tight, and it has been for the most part, but now I can afford to get the AT-TE and can't find it in stores after Black Friday!

A couple weeks ago I saw the BMF in Costco for $125, but this week it was totally gone. Hoping the AT-TE shows up there with the extra figs (and that it doesn't sell out before I get there).

Found the Sarlacc Pit BP at Target this morning for 62.99. NICE looking set! The one downpoint would be that the paint app on the 3 on shelf was not the best. I'm am specifically referring to Luke, Han and the Skiff Guard. The skiff and sarlacc looked great; sarlacc tentacle is bendy, so you can wrap it around figs legs to draw them in. Not a single BAD fig, they were all SL and CW. No other BP's here (same at Wm and TRU) since Black Fri. Sry - they did have 1 or 2 of the exclusives, didn't look to see if Yoda or Obi.

dr_evazan22
12-28-2008, 10:42 AM
This morning on RS's homepage they have an announcement that DeepDiscount.com has the Deluxe Sculpting A Galaxy for ... I think it was $143 with free shipping. After clicking thru and seeing the pics of the product I couldn't resist. It was 62% off and came with free shipping.

Been out shopping this weekend and there are almost no figs out there. A bunch of Yarna, Breha, and another pegwarmer. Got the Heir to the Empire comic pack with Tallon Karrde (WM).

At Target yesterday they had a SW miniatures CW BP. IIRC it had a Swamp Speeder for the clones and the Hailfire for the droids, as well as a bunch of mini figs. Might have gotten it if I didn't already have the Hailfire. I like the larger mini's - like the beasts, vehicles and such (not crazy about the figs even though they have a better EU representation), but the blind packing sucks. It was alright when I was a kid, or for trading cards, but not something like that. The blind packing really limits its appeal to collectors, well, to consumers in general because its just too much money to be throwing away on dup's. Same with the TOMY mini helmets.

Finally got my AT-TE! Asked for it for Christmas and the 'rental units came thru for me. I probably won't open it for a while though. I've been downsizing my displays in anticipation of moving sometime this year, and would prefer to not have to repack that and possibly damage it.

In Nov I found a nice display case on sale at a thrift shop for $200. Its been at the 'rental units house since. Need to work on getting that down here and set up. The only downside to it is that entry is thru a smaller side door (the front is about 24", each end has 2 angled sides about 9", 15-18" deep, light in top, all sides glass, about 6' tall). It would be great if I could alter it so I could use the front (or rear) for entry, so I could maybe put my Salacious Crumb inside.

Lastly, not SW related, but a gift I bought for myself was / is a Kitchen Aid stand mixer that I've wanted for years. So far I've made cinnamon buns and French bread (which was for Xmas dinner, and has also lasted for sandwiches and french toast - yum!). Today I plan on making soft pretzels, and will make sour dough bread for New Years. Bought supplies for making choc chip cookies yest too.

dr_evazan22
05-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Back around the end of Jan I pre-ordered 3 cases of figs. First was the ANH wave (asst included only 1 of each fig, including a couple sandstorm fig's which I had not planned on buying, but it was better than getting dup's of fig's I didn't need dup's of); second, which I just got this week, was the latest CW wave; next up is the next saga wave, again with just 1 of each fig (some will be dup's, but they're troopers so I figure that's cool).

The cost was / is $95 per case, which breaks down to about $8 / fig, which I thought was great considering most retail is still $7-8. And it saves me SO much time hunting for figs (time I don't really have anymore).

In other collecting news...
-Was able to order SS 12" ANH Leia from TFAW for $35 today.

-I've been thinking of "thinning the herd" of some of my collection. Right now I'm mainly thinking of my Hasbro 12". Up until the end of their line I tried to buy 2 of each, 1 open 1 boxed, but wasn't able to do this with all of them. 2 I know I have and am willing to trade or sell are: Luke on Speeder Bike and Leia on Speeder Bike. Both are MIB, box in good or better condition. I never had room to display them; I already have the Scout with Speeder open and love it. Things I'm looking for: Hasbro 12" Scout (single fig, was in the last, or 2nd to last wave); Shaak Ti (ROTS wave). PM if interested.

dr_evazan22
09-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Went looking for the new AT ST at WM today. Didn't find it. But, I did find new Bp's and Evo's. Bought 2 Geo BP's for the gunship pods, 1 each of the Imp and Reb pilots, and the Opturra(sp?) droid. I gotta say that bantha poodoo was expensive - $136! Thankfully there's no sales tax here. Was really on the fence about the Opturra droid as I've really scaled back purchases. The had a decent amount of CW and greatest hits red card figs, but still haven't seen any red card saga figs yet anywhere.

dr_evazan22
10-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Yesterday I was at Costco and Target. Costco had the AT AT for $84 and change, the Uncle Milton lightsaber room light, I think it was around $15, and they had LEGO CW Shuttle for $48 and change.

Target had a handful of E3 vintage; I picked up the Grevious and a Magna Guard, but passed on Sidious and Obi. This time I found the Defense of Hoth set and felt I really had to get it to help defend against my AT AT.