PDA

View Full Version : why are you a jedi/sith???

hango fett
07-28-2002, 09:53 AM
i am a jedi at the moment because i love to be on the good side....and my avatar suites the good side.
why are you a jedi or a sith?
hango

Pendo
07-28-2002, 09:57 AM
I'm a Jedi because I'd rather fight for good than for bad. Plus I wanted to use Mace Windu as my avatar because Sam Jackson is my favourite actor, and it'd look strange me being a Sith with a good guy as my avatar.

PENDO!

hango fett
07-28-2002, 09:58 AM
well, soon you will be maces actuall rank! jedi master! so you can have the same rank as your favirote actor!! pretty cool!
hango

InsaneJediGirl
07-28-2002, 10:02 AM
I choose Jedi because my RP character is Jedi..and because of my name "InsaneJediGirl" :D

DeadEye
07-28-2002, 10:31 AM
Turncoat that I am, I switch sides whenever it suits me. :D

QLD
07-28-2002, 10:32 AM
I became a sith after about 700 posts. I became bored and frustrated with the lack of action and intrigue. Now I am a Sith Lord, or something. That, and apparantly I am a bad bad bad person. :D

darthvyn
07-28-2002, 10:36 AM
well, with a name like darthvyn, it's gotta be sith.

i dunno, i just have a fascination with this subset of force adepts. there's something grandiose about falling to the temptations of the dark side that is interesting. its the baser, animalistic, survival at any costs, powered by the primal emotions side of the force!

Darth Sidious
07-28-2002, 10:38 AM
I am a Sith (And always will be) because I have always liked the Sith, and their powers are not limited by good. (Force lightning, etc.) I also prefer blood red lightsabers... :evil:

hango fett
07-28-2002, 10:39 AM
i can change too! i just look dumb with a yoda ava. and being a sith lord...
hango

Beast
07-28-2002, 10:44 AM
Because I'm truely evil. Plus Sith get a better wardrobe then the goodie goodie jedi's. Who wants to dress like a monk, when you get the option of cool black robes, black leather, black armor, and black cloaks, with a nice red lightsaber to accent the outfit. Not to mention the amount of people that dislike JJB, it's sort of revenge to make him a Sith. Not to mention that he is responsible for the rise of the Empire, and the fall of the Jedi, from a certain point of view. Plus the Force Lightning is a cool perk. :evil: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-28-2002, 10:50 AM
i still don't understand why jedis can't use force lightning!
hango

darthvyn
07-28-2002, 10:51 AM
yeah, the red lightsaber is really cool, although i've always liked the idea of a sith with a blue lightsaber - that's why i changed my old avatar (darth maul eyes) to blue instead of red. i think it would look cool to have a sith with a blue lightsaber.

hango fett
07-28-2002, 10:54 AM
that depends on which sith it is for me....darth vader w/ a blue saber just doesn't sound right.....
hango

stillakid
07-28-2002, 10:54 AM
Dark side. Because I'm the troublemaker here. I'm the one willing to bring up issues regarding plot and character that other Star Wars fans and/or Lucas-worshipers aren't comfortable looking at. I rock the boat of fandom. In a "fan site," what's more evil than that? :Pirate:

;)

Pendo
07-28-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by darthvyn
the red lightsaber is really cool, although i've always liked the idea of a sith with a blue lightsaber

Didn't Exar Kun have a Blue Saber?

PENDO!

Beast
07-28-2002, 10:55 AM
Cause Jedi's are weenies, and stuff like that and blasters are "dishonorable". Sith don't care, anything that gets the job done is fair game. Hiring bounty hunters, killing innocents, all that other fun immoral things that Jedi's frown upon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darthvyn
07-28-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Pendo

Didn't Exar Kun have a Blue Saber?

PENDO!

i think so... i also am not sure, but i think the original idea for the double blade lightsaber came out of the tales of the jedi comics...

Beast
07-28-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Dark side. Because I'm the troublemaker here. I'm the one willing to bring up issues regarding plot and character that other Star Wars fans and/or Lucas-worshipers aren't comfortable looking at. I rock the boat of fandom. In a "fan site," what's more evil than that? :Pirate: ;)
Don't forget your total closed minded nature whenever anyone presents facts and information that totally makes your arguments moot. You're the one that actually isn't comfortable looking at the big picture. So, if you consider that evil, you're fooling yourself. But that's nothing new, right? :rolleyes: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

vulcantouch
07-28-2002, 11:10 AM
. . .& bad guys always seem to more readily acknowledge amoral shades-o-gray than "you're either with us or against us", black&white-thinkin "good guys" :evil:

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-28-2002, 11:11 AM
i'am jedi only because i dont know how to change my name because when ever i try to get a new s/n it says you already are logged on as -jedimaster-yoda- but i dont want that stinken name no more

hango fett
07-28-2002, 12:37 PM
you can't change your name. once you have it, it's yours forever. belive me, i tried to change mine to yoda fett but i found out i couldn't. hango fett is just fine for now!
hango fettx2

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-28-2002, 12:40 PM
i hate my name though and i want be a sith

DeadEye
07-28-2002, 01:02 PM
Answers to your 2 questions:

#1-- Jedi can't use Force lightning because it's the most horrific and painful thing a victim can endure--and it's a purely offensive tactic. Jedi only use the Force for knowledge and defense, remember? ;)

#2-- Yes, Exar Kun did have a blue lightsaber. And in Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, most of the Dark Jedi had a variety of lightsaber colors. It was originally thought, in EU anyway, that your lightsaber color didn't determine if you were good or evil, because heroes like Leia and Kyp Durron both had red sabers. But in one of the AOTC documentaries, Lucas said that all bad guys always had red sabers, and good guys were blue or green, with the occasional yellow, orange, and purple. :D

stillakid
07-28-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Don't forget your total closed minded nature whenever anyone presents facts and information that totally makes your arguments moot. You're the one that actually isn't comfortable looking at the big picture. So, if you consider that evil, you're fooling yourself. But that's nothing new, right? :rolleyes: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I have yet to hear an argument that makes my points entirely moot. While some forumites, such as Caesar and Tycho (just to name a couple, though there are certainly more) have had some very interesting viewpoints that I actually do take into consideration, on the whole I have yet to be dissuaded from my assertion that the Prequels are A) poorly written and B) could have (and should have) been far better than they are.

So, once again to your own closed ears, I am extremely open-minded, enough so as to be willing to lay down my Lucas worship for a few moments to evaluate what I see in front of me based on itself, not on my preconceived desires of fandom. Your tactic of attacking the messenger on a personal level instead of the message itself is an age old diversionary tactic to draw attention from the issues themselves. Give it up.

hango fett
07-28-2002, 01:17 PM
well, jedi are morons....but they still kill alot of droids and geonosians!!!
hango!
999th post 1 more!

Thumb Wars
07-28-2002, 01:36 PM
i'm a Jedi because the Sith are bad. you are bad, Sith. you are bad and the Jedi are good! your badness will be your demise, and the Jedi's goodness will be our triumph! Sith is bad, Jedi is good! Good-good, bad-bad, bad-bad, good,bad, good,good,bad,bad,good.

snicker

Exhaust Port
07-28-2002, 01:47 PM
Everything about the darkside is cooler, from the armor to the vehicles. You have to be impressed by a group that can build a planet just to destroy other planets. Awesome.

darthvyn
07-28-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
that depends on which sith it is for me....darth vader w/ a blue saber just doesn't sound right.....
hango

didn't he look kinda cool holding luke's green saber on endor, though... almost more evil... because anyone can have a red saber and look evil, it takes a REAL sith to look evil with just any old plain color...

DeadEye
07-28-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
well, jedi are morons....but they still kill alot of droids and geonosians!!!
hango!
999th post 1 more!

I know everyone hates a literalist, but... Jedi kill droids? How do you kill something that's not alive? ;):D

bigbarada
07-28-2002, 03:35 PM
Well, I was a Sith for a long time until I hit the ceiling for Sith Ranks. So in true Dark Side fashion, I went with the team that has the most potential for upward mobility.:evil:

Once I get to Jedi Council Member, I will be master of all the universe! BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ....**cough, cough*** ......*hack**choke* ........ ahem......

DeadEye
07-28-2002, 03:36 PM
I thought the 2 highest were Jedi Master and Sith Master. There's Jedi Council Member? How many posts do you need for that? Ten thousand? ;):p:D

Eternal Padawan
07-28-2002, 03:41 PM
Rollo was a Jedi, so I was a Sith. But now it's just me and I don't really care about rankin*s or post counts. If I could customize my rank I'd be:

Rollo Tomassi
Eternal Padawan

ROLLO!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-28-2002, 09:41 PM
I think I picked Sith out of the sole reason that my original avatar, the Tusken Raider, were savage characters in ANH (but highly comical in TPM). Of course they have nothing to do with the Sith or the dark side of the force.

I guess "sith" seems to fit perfectly my whammy avatar. Whammies are evil. They take away all your cash and prizes. Four of them knocks you out of the game. Stay clear of them.

Come to think of it, I am an idealistic kind of person and picking "jedi" would be a natural choice.

Well, I guess it is too late to change. Once you have started down the path of the darkside . . .

Nexu
07-28-2002, 09:56 PM
I go with defaults a lot....

bigbarada
07-28-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
I thought the 2 highest were Jedi Master and Sith Master. There's Jedi Council Member? How many posts do you need for that? Ten thousand? ;):p:D

Well, Jedi Council Member was the highest rank you could get in the old forums, so I assume it is here as well. I'm assuming it comes after 5000 posts. Oh well, it's not a race, so no big rush.

Beast
07-28-2002, 10:06 PM
I'm sure that The Dark Path has a similar title at 5000+, BigB. No clue what it could possibly be though. Dark Lord of the Sith? Emporer? King of the World? We won't know for a while. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nexu
07-28-2002, 10:10 PM
700 posts. Just go into Deadeye mode. ;)

thespar
07-28-2002, 10:12 PM
to tell the truth i picked be using any min man moe and the dark side won this time.

Beast
07-28-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Nexu
700 posts. Just go into Deadeye mode. ;)
Actually 620, well 619 now. But as I've always said, quality over quantity. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
07-29-2002, 04:07 AM
I actually should be a sith but I'm not. Jedi sounds more...... refined.

hango fett
07-29-2002, 07:56 AM
look at me! i'm on the road to a jedi council member in about another year!
h.

DeadEye
07-29-2002, 09:06 AM
I'll probably get JCM within the year. BTW what is "DeadEye mode"? All of a sudden becoming an awesome guy? Everyone should enter that mode! ;):D

But Jar Jar, I thought you said that at 5000 posts you got a custom title.

billfremore
07-29-2002, 10:17 AM
I have only one comment about the title issue...

Who really cares?

I thought we were here to converse with others, not to strive for some sort of pseudo-title. :D

darthvyn
07-29-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by billfremore
I have only one comment about the title issue...

Who really cares?

I thought we were here to converse with others, not to strive for some sort of pseudo-title. :D

what are you talking about? i'm not here to converse! i'm here to be a sith!!!

billfremore
07-29-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by darthvyn

what are you talking about? i'm not here to converse! i'm here to be a sith!!!

Alrighty then.
Well at least you know what you want.

Sith on young man!

Exhaust Port
07-29-2002, 12:33 PM
Jar Jar, it looks like at your pace we'll know the answer to this question by the middle of September. Like you said, it isn't a race but it'll be an interesting footnote.

Lobito
07-29-2002, 01:10 PM
Why am i a Jedi??....hey, i'm a good guy!!:D

Beast
07-29-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Jar Jar, it looks like at your pace we'll know the answer to this question by the middle of September. Like you said, it isn't a race but it'll be an interesting footnote.
Do you really think it will take that long? Just kidding, I'm in no rush to hit 5K either. As for the custom titles, that was somhing that was rumored about when the new forums went live. Sir Steve may add it in the future, but from what JT has said, it's not in yet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-29-2002, 08:20 PM
custom title...grand master yoda would be mine.... I RESERVE THAT NAME
h.

DeadEye
07-29-2002, 08:42 PM
If it were up to derek, he'd call me "resident post-padder" or something...I'd call him "resident jacka*s"...:D

Anyway, is it Custom Title or Jedi Council Member? Do the Sith get a new rank at 5000 posts also?

DarthBrandon
08-10-2002, 10:42 PM
I picked Jedi, because the good guys always win in the end. Doesn't matter how bad a** the bad guy is, he always gets his in the end by the good guy.:) My Avatar does not reflect my pick in any way, I just like Sandtroopers look, cool looking.:D

General Veers
08-10-2002, 10:56 PM
Im curious to see what the rankings will be at 5000+:D Anyone wanna take any guesses?

General Veers
08-10-2002, 11:01 PM
Oh and the reason i have choosen the light side is because i have always like Jedi, and they always win the end!:D Emperor Jargo made my Sandtrooper avatar with the binocs for me yesterday. Thanks again by the way;) Not to copy off of u brandon or anything but i had that avatar on my computer for a loooooonnnnnggg time but i didnt know how to transfer it here.

DarthBrandon
08-10-2002, 11:01 PM
JarJarBinks Master of the forums.:D

Beast
08-10-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by brandon
JarJarBinks Master of the forums.:D
"When I joined here I was but the learner, now I am the Master" :D

Watch it be somthing really goofy, so that I want my Dark Master title back. Probably somthing like, "JarJarBinks: Lord of the Dance" ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
08-10-2002, 11:11 PM
Well I hope it's not goofy or anything like that. I hope it's something that will make you happy and maybe they will give you a gift basket or better yet the keys to SSG.:)

Beast
08-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Frankly, while I am curious I am in no hurry to get there. As I've said from the beginning, quality over quantity. That's why I try to do my best to not post pad, and actually make my posts count.

As to what they could give me that would make me happy, I think MST3K's Crow T. Robot said it best, "I want to decide who lives and who dies." ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
08-10-2002, 11:28 PM
Holy cow JarJarBinks!, you want to decide who lives and who dies? Geeze, I thought that you getting the keys to SSG would be pushing it. LOL, but that's just plain outrageous and crazy.:)

Please don't give JarJarBinks that power, I can see the Emperor coming out in him already.

I'm going into hiding soon, the Empire is on it's way.:):D

Nexu
08-11-2002, 12:16 PM
uh.... you don't mean Jargo, do you? ;)

hango fett
08-11-2002, 12:41 PM
at the rate JJB is going, he'll be there by the end of this (august) month! then we will know what to expect!
YF.

Beast
08-11-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Nexu
uh.... you don't mean Jargo, do you? ;)
Nah, Jargo and I are cool now. Actually he's pretty cool, once you get used to that dry and cranky brand of british humor. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-11-2002, 02:39 PM
i think the austrians have a worse sense of humor than the british.....dry-as=the-sahara-desert humor........
YF

Darth Sinister
08-11-2002, 07:11 PM
I remember back in the old forum days, I asked if I could be a Sith and the only reply I got was a very short...."NO, YOU CAN'T!"

Why am I a sith? Because with enough time and patience, the Sith get what they want. They do not conform to the standard or follow blindly to those who say you must do things a certain way.

It's funny how easily people can be manipulated and how easy it is to plant the seed of destruction when the rules are followed. I found out long ago that in the business world, rules are not created to maintain order and peace......they are created to keep out and hold down those who are more deserved of leadership.

Oh, I'm sorry....let me start over.

I am a Sith, because "good is dumb!"

hango fett
08-11-2002, 08:03 PM
i wonder if you can be a bounty hunter in the new update....that would be really awsome!!
h.

Jargo
08-11-2002, 09:34 PM
I chose Sith because I'm too bad to be good. Always been a wee rabble rouser. If i had a custom title it would be 'Galaxial despot' like I use on my ezboard. I just like the ring of it. it's kind of ironic considering what a small speck I am in the galaxy and what little power i have at my disposal in reality.

Fighting with JJB was a futile pursuit. It was a no win situation so it was better to bury the hatchet and learn to live with each other.
I'm trying to be more peaceable lately, i have personal issues that take up all my energy and so there's little left for fighting these days.

Jonna says I'm cranky all the time, I don't really know what cranky is. I probably suffer from terminal frustration. I can see better ways for things to be done but I'm powerless to change things. Impotence is not only a word to describe - man troubles...

If I ruled the world......... :crazed:

Beast
08-11-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Fighting with JJB was a futile pursuit. It was a no win situation so it was better to bury the hatchet and learn to live with each other.
Gee, I don't know whether to be honored or insulted. ;) :D You are cool in my book Jargo, we just got off on the wrong foot. I know what you mean by the terminal frustration thing. I think I suffer from it as well. That's why I prefer to spend my time on-line with like minded people. Even if we don't always see eye to eye. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SuperBattleDroid88
08-11-2002, 10:51 PM
Because Siths are just soooooo awesome! :D