PDA

View Full Version : R2DToys Is Amazing

Jek Porky 2002
07-28-2002, 04:41 PM
I'm just posting this to say how impressed with the service at R2DToys, they deliver almost as soon as you've ordered and they accept Solo cards, which is rare on the net!

gibbspaulus
07-29-2002, 05:16 AM
Solo is rare anywhere. My lodgers have only got solo and their lives are living hell for it!

I've used R2Dtoys a couple of time sna dhave nothing but praise for them. They also seem very honest about their prices, although I know there are other people who have different feelings.

Darth Evil
07-29-2002, 02:39 PM
I've only ordered from R2DToys once, I bought Count Dooku there. A glitch allowed my order to go through, even though they were out of stock, the guy running the site e-mailed me about this and told me that someone else's order (of Dooku) was rejected and so they sent that one to me. I was very pleased and I recomend that site to anyone.

odb
07-30-2002, 03:03 PM
R2 Toys are okay, I have had better service. I ordered a TIE Bomber from them and it took over a week to arrive, at least it arrived. So I not giving them top marks at the moment.

Jargo
07-30-2002, 03:23 PM
I still say look around for the best deal going whenever you buy. I use R2DTOYS, ToyPalace, Popcorn, TheToyshop/Entertainer, Above and beyond etc... I just do a price compare on everything before ordering and work out the savings. being a bit canny with the moolah means I can order more stuff over all.
But i've always had excellent service from R2DTOYS. Some bloody good prices on stuff I never would heve been able to afford otherwise. Thank god the website is up and running though and better than ever I might add.

Jek Porky 2002
07-30-2002, 04:37 PM
Well it's better than a trip down to London!

icatch9
07-31-2002, 09:07 AM
I've been to this site, even though I'm from the States. Never bought anything, but I do think the prices are good. Anyway, could you inform the rest of us of what a Solo card is? I doubt it has anything to do with Han Solo, but it's still cool sounding.

Thanks,

kdp100
07-31-2002, 10:46 AM
Solo's just another kind of UK debit card, similar to Switch but possibly less flexible.

I tend to visit R2DToys in person, as I live only a short bus/tube ride away from their shop (which is decorated to look like one of the shadowy corners of Jabba's palace!), and I can just about get there and back in my lunch hour.
John (the proprietor) and his assistants are always friendly and helpful. They're also VERY scrupulous about keeping stuff back for people who've bought online.

I don't think a week is really so unreasonable to wait for the delivery of a parcel, considering the state of the postal service these days.
I've bought plenty of goods from various UK sellers through eBay, and none of them has ever been quicker than that.

Jek Porky 2002
07-31-2002, 05:55 PM
Solo is a bank card rather than a credit card, instead of charging to your card and paying a bill afterwards, you can only use what you have got in your bank, so it's quite a sensible option.

patchiswelsh
08-05-2002, 06:20 AM
I ordered a figure by post so it took more than a week but the figures are all in great condition. I will order from them again soon. But Jek how quick is the delivery after you order by plastic??

Jek Porky 2002
08-05-2002, 03:57 PM
Well, I ordered Shaak Ti first by card, and I ordered it on a Wednesday night at around 9pm and it arrived on the Friday morning. Then I ordered Endoor Rebel Trooper and Massif on a Saturday night, and it arrived on the Wednesday morning, not bad being as my order probably didn't go through untill the monday morning!

kdp100
08-06-2002, 12:35 PM
They've just had a new delivery! I've just picked up Lott Dodd, Tusken with Massiff, and beardless Endor Soldier, as well as the Teemto and Cantina trio I ordered last week. They've also got Watto and the new landspeeder with Luke.

Jek Porky 2002
08-06-2002, 04:07 PM
Wow, that was quick, I'm going straight over there now!

Jek Porky 2002
08-06-2002, 04:14 PM
I have to be honest with you, I didn't really believe you, or I at least thought that they where there but said pre-order next to them, but I appologise sincerly, they have got them, although I didn't see Watto, looks like Ephant Mon has already sold out, no suprise there. So have they arrived yet? If so, can you tell me what number's Tusken, Lott Dod and Watto are please, e.g 02.45.

kdp100
08-06-2002, 06:03 PM
Yes, it's twue, it's twue!
I picked them up when I went to the shop today!

It looks like Teemto is 02.46, Lott is 02.51, and the Tusken is 02.52.
I decided not to buy Watto, but from the backs of the cards of the figures I DID buy, it looks like he is 02.50, Ki-Adi is 02.44 and Ephant is 02.45.
(Never really noticed the numbers on the back of the cards before... but then I'm a loose-collector and tend to throw all my boxes and cards into the loft!)

I think there were only a couple of Wattos in today's delivery, but when I asked about Ephant I was told that he SHOULD have arrived today, but that the suppliers had sent the wrong case by mistake!! So we'll all have to wait a bit longer for that one!

They said they should have the four "exclusive" accessory-sets in stock in the next few weeks, too!

Jek Porky 2002
08-06-2002, 07:03 PM
Your lucky, you can go and see fo yourself, I have to go on there web site and wait for 2-3 days before I get my figures.

kdp100
08-06-2002, 07:58 PM
Yes, I only discovered them accidentally when I bought Amanaman from them on eBay back in November!
Very lucky, that.

If you DO get the chance to visit their store I'd recommend it -
I think 50% of their profits must go on replacing the halogen lights they have installed in the ceiling of their "Jabba's Palace"-style shopfront!
They're very rough-and-ready when it comes to organising their displays - John the prioprietor has been heard to ask customers "Where shall I hang this, then?" when he receives a new delivery.

(I work within walking-distance of Forbidden Planet and the Cinema Store in the West End too, so I suppose I am rather spoilt in that respect.)

gibbspaulus
08-07-2002, 09:15 AM
I live in the east end, but work out in Essex. I just don't get chance to get into town to go to FP and places. Luckilly I'm off work on Friday so can opop around everywhere in the afternoon. What's the nearest tube for R2DToys?

kdp100
08-07-2002, 09:43 AM
Nearest tube station (walking distance) to R2DToys is Turnpike Lane (Piccadilly line).
It's on Wightman Road - follow Turnpike Lane itself westwards from the tube toward Muswell Hill and turn left at the first major junction (there's a light-fitting shop on the corner).
The shop itself is next to a cafe but you'll know it from the handful of figures and models in the window.

It's also possible to get to R2DToys from Archway tube station (Northern line) by taking a no. 41 bus.

Jek Porky 2002
08-07-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by kdp100
(I work within walking-distance of Forbidden Planet and the Cinema Store in the West End too, so I suppose I am rather spoilt in that respect.)

I envy you sooo much!

patchiswelsh
08-08-2002, 09:17 AM
R2Dtoys must be better than Toys r us. I think anyway
they seem to get new figs before america
Amazing!!!!
How do they get them so early though.......................???

gibbspaulus
08-08-2002, 10:27 AM
Because they're jammy b'st'rds!

patchiswelsh
08-08-2002, 12:31 PM
dam straight
hehe

Jek Porky 2002
08-09-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by patchiswelsh
How do they get them so early though.......................???

I think the man that runs it know Hasbro well, or has something to do with Hasbro anyway.

patchiswelsh
08-12-2002, 09:10 AM
I wonder if the deliver on saturdays??????
anyone???

kdp100
08-12-2002, 10:12 AM
Their shop is certainly open on Saturdays - but I think they just use standard postal services, which would mean that parcels might arrive then.

Jek Porky 2002
08-12-2002, 04:36 PM
If I placed on order on Sunday (which I did), do you think that would make it arrive a day later than if I ordered on a weekday?

kdp100
08-12-2002, 06:38 PM
I expect so. They're a small outfit (max 4 people I think) and I think Sunday is their one day off!

Jek Porky 2002
08-13-2002, 03:50 PM
So, how does it work then, are you just ordering from the web-site, or are you ordering directly from the shop, what I'm trying to say is, are the shop and the web-site separate?

kdp100
08-13-2002, 07:30 PM
I've only ever bought from the shop myself, but they're such a small unit that I think the two are one and the same - a delivery comes in, and they list them on their website pretty much as soon as they've opened the cases and sorted the goods.

If you chance to drop into the shop while they're in the middle of unloading, they're usually happy to sell you then-and-there anything that's not already spoken-for or pre-ordered.
I've been lucky like this once or twice.

I think the vast majority of their business IS done over the web, though - a lot of stuff is often marked as "sold", even while it's still on the shelves.
I've never seen the shop packed, either - I've dropped in on a Saturday several times and been the only customer in the place.

patchiswelsh
08-18-2002, 08:14 AM
Blimey

I just bought a figure off R2Dtoys.com
And how right were you guys!!
I ordered it at 10pm on wednesday and it came at 10am on friday
wow

patchiswelsh
08-20-2002, 01:04 PM
are r2dtoys.com getting any new figs soon??

kdp100
08-20-2002, 01:47 PM
Don't know - haven't been for a couple of weeks, but you can ring them on (020-)8340-5566 and ask.

patchiswelsh
08-22-2002, 12:58 PM
if i order a fig tonight do you think it will come on saturday??
anyone got their figs on saturday???

kdp100
08-22-2002, 01:43 PM
Their site says they're closed "today until tomorrow" - don't know if this INCLUDES tomorrow or not.

However - they ARE now taking pre-orders on Padme (pilot) and the four accessory sets (the former should be there this Sat, the latter a week later), so I'm guessing they're getting a new delivery roundabout now.

I've just made my first online purchase with them (rather than going to the shop) so I'll see how long it takes...

Darth Evil
08-22-2002, 04:18 PM
I might order Lott Dodd, when he comes in. I'd love to get the Stormtrooper four-pack, is it worth it?

patchiswelsh
08-22-2002, 05:32 PM
Looks like it would be worth it
price not too bad

i hope the do a set like that with the super battle droid

jedi_uk73
08-22-2002, 06:21 PM
The stormtrooper builder pack is definately worth the £14 R2dtoys are asking. Its a US Fan Club exclusive, so generally anything like that costs a packet over here, but R2's price is fantastic.

The stormtroopers are exactly the same as the commtech figure but without the battle damage, and they were a very much wanted figure when they came out. A commtech Stormie will now cost you anything from £10+, so £14 for 4 of them is a deal you can't miss out on.

As for Super B-D builder packs, probably not for years yet. It took 2 years to get the Stormtrooper pack.

Jargo
08-22-2002, 10:08 PM
R2DTOYS are doing a damn site better than the larger companies. I've been tryig to get an order i with hasbro and their website ordering system is goosed. I tried phoning the customer services department and there's onlay an answerphone message and no option to speak directly with a real person.

I've tried for two days to order with them online and spent all day today trying to phone them. No joy so they can **** themselves as far as I'm concerned. I'll order everything from the smaller companies and although it's a little more expensive at least it arives in good nick and you get decent customer services. R2DTOYS, Popcorn, Toypalace, The Entertainer, they all do you right. stuff the big companies who can't be bothered with the people who matter - us. I don't agree that the customer is always right but the customer is what the whole thing is about. hasbro and TRU seem to think they should just warehouse everything and that's that. The magic shipping fairies will sort all the rest out like Santa.
Example - I ordered from Popcorn on a sunday night. They processed the order monday morning. got an e-mail monday teatime saying the order was shipped out. The parcel arrived Tuesday morning at half seven am. That's from Darlington to West Cheshire. I couldn't believe it to be honest. You don't get much beter than that on standard shipping. Yeah, not even on next day delivery charge rates. just ordinary postage rates. Chuffing brilliant!!!! :)
Lately Toypalace has been excellent too. Just three days from Germany is cool.
R2DTOYS I've had slight problems with delayed deliveries but that's the courier not the shop. I've checked the shipping dates against deliveries and it's the courier service they use that's poo.
But that could just be something to do with the local warehouse of whichever firm it is.

But yeah, stuff the big firms and us the little ones who actually care. :)

patchiswelsh
08-23-2002, 05:01 AM
Popcorn lives survice sounds great
glad i am using them with my pre-ordered edstroyer droid
which are due in very soon

Darth Evil
08-27-2002, 02:47 PM
I ordered the Stormtrooper four-pack, along with a second Saga Royal Guard, last night. I'm waiting by the letterbox!

kdp100
09-15-2002, 09:44 AM
R2DToys now have Jango & Clonetrooper pilots in stock, and I see they've had another delivery of Lott Dod, Watto, etc.

More preview figures are to come later next week - I've reserved mine already, but there may be some of the new deluxe Anakin, Geonosian & clone-biker that haven't been spoken-for yet.

patchiswelsh
09-15-2002, 10:20 AM
£16 is a bit too much for me
i will wait till they get the normal shipment in
maybe they will be £7.50 like dlx yoda and c-3po
i can't wait for arena!!!!

Darth Evil
09-16-2002, 04:10 PM
I feel that £16 is too much for a figure, not when I could wait a while and get it at half that price.

kdp100
09-26-2002, 10:32 AM
They've got the Endor Rebel 4-pack in stock now, and Ephant Mon is shipping tomorrow. They said they hoped to have a couple of preview gunships, too.

Lewis
10-13-2002, 06:41 AM
R2DToys are my main supplyer,I will only get my figures from them as they are reliable,friendly and the stuff comes well packaged,if you send them an e-mail they reply very quickly....What more can you ask? Just wish i could visit their shop,I would be skint after but hey!!! you cant take it with you....:p

Lewis
11-01-2002, 10:32 AM
Well saying that,i have i ordered a commtech Jawa & Gonk set from (Thetoyshop.com) at 11am and arrived the next day at 8:30am, Now that is top service,:p Well, packaged and perfect condition, So two fine shops in the UK now,me happy :p

jedi_uk73
11-01-2002, 12:37 PM
I always used to deal with The Entertainer (thetoyshop.com), but they always seem to have the same old stuff, and don't update regulary, and normally by then I have bought it elsewhere.

I must congratulate r2dtoys on their service yet again, over the past week I have purchased 2 Silver R2's and an Endor Soldier (no beard), and all were delivered in mint condition.

Cheers to John & co, keep up the very good service. :D

Jargo
11-04-2002, 04:32 PM
Well i have absolutely no idea what the fuss is all about but TPU just announced they're no longer having anything to do with John or R2DTOYS. The news flash screamed like a hysterical girl:

Site Update - Supporter Removed
Pete [Editor] Monday, November 4th 2002 - 09:09:54 PM

Due to legal reasons TPU nolonger wishes to be associated with R2DToys.

I formally request that there are no further mentions or links to this company. Due to legal reasons I will not accept public discussion of this matter on the news page or the forums.

It is up to the individual where or who they purchase from, TPU however nolonger endorses R2DToys, and so is not responsible in any way for any purchases made from them.

I think we've established that we have no probs with John and co, so is anyone has any idea what TPU is blathering on about do let us in on it. ta. :)

r2dtoys
11-04-2002, 05:22 PM
As far as we are concerned, there is no issue.

This is our public statement of fact.

We believe that Pete has been mis-informed about something, not sure what, and has acted in a way that he feels is deserved of the situation. We are disappointed that we had no chance to 'talk' before this post was made, but we must respect his decision. In NO WAY does it reflect, or will it affect, the level of service or quality that our customers receive most of the time, nor does it change the development of our business in the future.

We stress that we are very much 'business as usual' LOL.

OK, so we have sold the shop.....because the web is doing better, makes sense to cut costs and pass you the savings/benefits. But we still have our integrity and damn-fine suppliers ! So we can all enjoy that for a long time, even though we are no longer on the UK Mainland.

We look forward to building our business with you all in the future and having fun in this world of cynicism.

Peace.

r2dtoys.com

Jargo
11-04-2002, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the frank reply. It's unfortunate that things have taken this turn but as a satisfied customer I'd like to say it sounds like good business sense to consolidate your concerns and concentrate your efforts where you gain the most return and cut the overheads out of the equation.
if this benefits us your customers then that's groovy. you're right that it's very easy to be cynical, I won't pretend that I'm not guilty of that :) It's hard to find retailers you can trust to deliver where collecting is concerned but you've always done me right so I'm happy to say that I trust you based on the service I've had from R2DTOYS in this last year or so. Just don't stop trading m'kay? :D

Emperors_Hand_2211
11-05-2002, 03:02 AM
Being the son of somebody relatively high in the inland revenue the phrase "no longer on the UK mainland" is one whose conitations I can well appreciate. That said all power to you, we'd all do it if we could get away with it.

What does TPU stand for??

gibbspaulus
11-05-2002, 04:52 AM
I didn't know you'd closed the shop - oh well, there goes my idea of popping across one Saturday!!!

No, I also say 'good luck' and I've had no issues with you guys.

r2dtoys
11-05-2002, 05:13 AM
We use a fulfilment house to mail your orders, it has been on trial for some time, and it saves us a lot of hassle in the UK. It means we can concentrate on selling and buying, which brings our customers some great deals and means our time is spent more wisely on saving you money.

Hasbro, a manufacturer, are allowed to sell to the PUBLIC ! That is absurd. We cannot compete with that in the UK, so if our business is based overseas we have a free reign to sell what we want where we want. It couldn't be simpler.

Our service is getting better and better, we have a brand new software package being written as we speak to make your orders and pre-orders arrive even quicker and error-free. Lately a few figures have been sent out of the wrong denotation, but little problems like that are easily fixed. Apart from a few incidents of this, which is natural considering the massive upheaval we had in September, everything is just great ! All thanks to you guys.

Our new website is actually finished, its ready to go live, BUT we cannot use it until we have the new software in place. There are too many new features on the new site and to manage them without the software would prove futile. But we promise you, it is a great looking site and will bring you greater savings and benefits.

We hope to see you all soon.

Thanks,

John & the Gang,
r2dtoys

jedinews
11-05-2002, 05:40 AM
I've been buying from R2DToys for a while now and everthing I've ordered has arrived intact, in mint condition and in a timely fashion.

If more Retailers worked like R2DToys, bringing us exclusives at great prices etc, it would make our lives as collectores a lot easier, so my hats off to John and the Gang - keep up the good work!!!

kadamontaga
11-05-2002, 06:34 AM
I'm still confused. What does that stuff about not being on the UK mainland mean? Could someone please explain it in plain english?

gibbspaulus
11-05-2002, 06:41 AM
They live in hyperspace, only entering our realm to post small, plastic replica droids to anoraks!

kdp100
11-05-2002, 06:41 AM
As someone who lives just a couple of miles from the shop, I'm sad to hear that it's closing - I'll have to rely on ordering by mail instead! Thanks, John & co - and keep up the good work!

I don't know what TPU (The Private Universe) is talking about - Jargo's "hysterical girl" comment made me chuckle, though!!
:D

Emperors_Hand_2211
11-05-2002, 06:49 AM
A fulfilment house is a company that acts on behalf of other companies by providing any one of a number of services including -
Warehousing
Stock taking and record keeping
Order taking dispatch and processing
Marketing
Promotion
Telephone/internet commerce systems

The way I undertsand it is -
Any small start up mail order company, which most SW specialists would be, are generally started by two or three enthusiasts usually collectors themselves and will at some point face a decision
1) Remain small
2) Delegate 1 or more of the above duties to another company e.g. a fulfilment house.

This would free up the time of those who started the company to do the things more valauable to their business e.g. sourcing stocks at special rates, locating suppliers, making money etc.

My comment above was only semi-serious and relates to the tax benefits of owning a company which is out of the UK, but technically operates within the UK.

Hope this is roughly right

kadamontaga
11-05-2002, 09:14 AM
Oh! And there's me thinking John and co had moved to France or something for a tax break!

Emperors_Hand_2211
11-05-2002, 10:23 AM
He'd have to pay tax in France then.
To avoid tax altogether you have to either
1) live in a tax haven (if only we were all that rich)
2) be non-resident anywhere (i.e. travel so often that you are in no one country long enough to be defined as resident).
3) Launder the money (I don't really understand how this works cos contrary to appearances I'm an immunologist not an ecnonomist).
So the fact that R2DToys as a company is no longer UK based would only have an effect on the personal tax contribution of it's owners should they also be no longer UK based.
(I think....)

I suspect that it is the fulfilment house itself that is not UK mainland as I don't think many of them are.
R2Dtoys as a registered company (if it is registered) may still be a UK company, but due to it's agreement with aforementioned fulfilment house it's stock and the majority of it's operations are now offshore.

(I think...)

r2dtoys
11-05-2002, 12:21 PM
correct !

Thank you for wording it clearer than I could have, LOL !!

Our shipping is made from overseas to prevent our customers from paying import duty & taxes, and our personal and business taxes are paid within its locale.

It is really very simple, it means we can buy/sell/webtrade and another professional company (for a fee) handles our shipping.

It saves you money and us time, all round perfect.

We are still all systems go, and I hope soon to 'fix' this little problem, which is nothing more than a storm in a teacup.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words, support, and valued custom. We are here for you.....

The Private Universe
11-05-2002, 12:55 PM
"Screamed like a hysterical girl"... I'll leave that to you Jargo as you do it so well :P It's almost reasuring to know you are ready to jump in with an insult at a moments notice... don't you have anything better to do?

"We believe that Pete has been mis-informed about something"...
I acted on legal advice after being contacted by some official parties regarding R2DToys... I have no desire to become involved in the situation, and neither would anyone else...

I can't discuss the details in order to defend my position, due to legal restrictions... and I would advice others to refrain from it as well.

TPU stands for The Private Universe, follow my signature link to know more... can't say anymore as it upsets Jargo's ulcer, and we wouldn't want that :lol

Pete

r2dtoys
11-05-2002, 01:06 PM
Pete is a kind, decent man, and if he feels he needed to do this then fair enough.

We will not fight over it, this has been blown out of proportion.

The word 'legal' leads a lot of people to believe that a deep and cavenous problem exists, which is not true. Pete is simply standing by his morals and we fully understand and respect that.

We also do not wish to start another trash-race, but promise you all that this 'incident' is very minor and will soon be forgotten. We do not want a public debate about this, it is a minor incident, but understand that it could read more serious than that due to the precarious wording and the frequent use of the word 'legal'.

We don't want to discuss it because we would rather concentrate on more positive things that earn us an income and bring you savings. Discussing 'legal' issues does not help us any, especially when there are no legal issues.

I am off to see some fireworks....until tomorrow.

Thanks,
John.

The Private Universe
11-05-2002, 01:20 PM
Also the word 'legal' has too many syllables for Jargo...

Pete

Jargo
11-05-2002, 01:48 PM
I don't recall hurling any insults. if you want to prance around being over sensitive pete then by all means, feel free. It seems obvious that the sense of humour bypass operation was successful though. Hope you make a full and complete recovery soon. :)

The Private Universe
11-05-2002, 01:56 PM
Get her...

Not oversensative at all... acting on 'friendly' advice that's all...

Pete

gibbspaulus
11-06-2002, 04:57 AM
GUYS!!!!

Pete said he wanted no debate on it. John wants no debate on it.

PM the abuse - unless it's really funny.

r2dtoys
11-06-2002, 05:11 AM
how did pinocchio know he was made of wood ?

his hand caught fire !

Let's chill a little bit, shall we.

Let's have fun, not war.

Can we end this now ?

Unless there are any more jokes we have not heard for a few years.......

Lewis
11-06-2002, 09:48 AM
I see something at R2DToys...I order it (Like me crome R2D2 ive just ordered)...It arrives well packaged and mint...Im happy,That is all i need to know...not this nonsense,now like he said lets have fun :p

Jargo
11-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Abuse? I'm chilled, I'm just having me a little fun. :happy: delivery of the star tours figures and the beardless endor trooper this morning made me extremely happy. Thanks R2DTOYS. :) Big aren't they those droids? Bigger than I thought. REX reminds me of one of those TOMY robots from a couple of years back, same sort of head design. Nice though. His body is in three independently rotating sections, pretty cool. :)

Darth Evil
11-06-2002, 03:21 PM
Those droids sound pretty cool...

Jargo
11-06-2002, 04:02 PM
These droids? These aren't the droids you're looking for......

:rolleyes:

:D

gibbspaulus
11-07-2002, 05:06 AM
But they are - they are!!! Unfortunately my bank mamanger is using an old jedi-mind trick on me called 'overdraft' to stop me buying any of them!!!

I'm having to ensure that there's £40 in the account when our heroes start to ship the Gunship pre-orders!

Jargo
11-07-2002, 06:35 AM
See for me, the beauty of pre-orders is that it allows me time to stockpile the needed cash. Just a little each week and it soon mounts up so that at the moment I'm just paying off what I've ordered for next year. That's not a lot but it means the stuff I've ordered for this year is payed for and I don't have to worry if stuff comes earlier than expected. Don't get me wrongo, it's not easy to be disciplined with cash when you have pockets with holes in them, but I just taught myself that it pays to be prudent. I pay no attention to my bank manager, he's a real nowhere man.
Nobody could be as bad as the bank manager I had when I was 18 and at college in London. He stalked me via my transactions and every time he wanted me to contact him for some reason he put a freeze on my account so that I was left high and dry in a strange city with no fall back. He had my switch card taken off me because he thought i payed too much on groceries at Sainsbury's... The man was completely barking mad. They retired him very swiftly after I complained. But that's by the by. :)

gibbspaulus
11-07-2002, 09:56 AM
I keep meaning to do a 'co-op fppd stamp' approach and put a fiver aside a week but then I see something good on Ebay and I'm screwed! I just got (wrong thread - I know) two A-wings. One boxed for £12 and one loose for £10!

They creep up and distract me!

Jargo
11-07-2002, 03:29 PM
And I thought I had holes in my pocket! :p

kdp100
11-07-2002, 07:04 PM
And then there are the credit-cards.....

gibbspaulus
11-08-2002, 12:00 PM
La la la - I can't hear you.....

Jargo
11-08-2002, 02:05 PM
Worse still if there's more than one credit card available to use....

Max out the cards and then switch your attention to the debit card...

when that fails hit the loose change jar behind the sofa....

when that fails smile sweetly at family and lovers and friends for a borrow....

when that fails - seek help urgently..... :)

kdp100
11-26-2002, 05:07 AM
Wow! Ordered some ProTech stands on Sunday afternoon.... and they arrived this morning! That's what I call fast!

Thanks John!

:)

r2dtoys
11-26-2002, 05:50 AM
fast....normal ! LOL

also, our fulfilment house is to blame for the speed nowadays, and from overseas !

Thanks,

John.

gibbspaulus
11-26-2002, 06:42 AM
I like a man who has pride in his fulfillment house!!!

John, how do we sign up for the 'one of each' type affair you mentioned in a newsletter recently? Is it in operation yet, or waiting for the new webpage?

Cheers!

r2dtoys
11-26-2002, 07:32 AM
It's coming very very soon.......to the new website.

Also we are getting some earlier playsets in for £49, talking yoda £19, target accessory packs £11, 12" dengar etc £22, star tours wave 2 £10, new yoda and destroyer £6, AND shipping the £35 Gunship's around 10 December.

I am off now, on a brief holiday, back on 6th.

See you later.

john.

Jargo
11-26-2002, 07:52 AM
*drools* Republic gunship. star tours wave 2. ooooooooooh........... :crazed:

So when the heck is this red battle droid coming then. I've got a bad feeling about this. Hope they haven't postponed the release until next year.

Enjoy your holiday BTW. :)

gibbspaulus
11-26-2002, 09:26 AM
See Jargo, this will be my saving. If I set up the one of each thing for basic figures then they'll hopefully come in trickles (!) rather than me having to bulk buy on an irregular basis. I will catch up... I will. I must say though, the Gunship was supposed to be my birthday present - back in mid-October!!!

Oh well, John deservges a hol after all the revamping

Jargo
11-26-2002, 09:51 PM
Did you get the newsletter? Shuttle in January now. Same as everyone else. No worries, I just finished putting the money for it into the bank. I can rest now. I considered this one of everything club but it'll only work for me if we get notification of what's due when and if you can opt out of getting certain items and also add multiples of items if so desired. Otherwise I'll stick with impulse shopping. Organised impulse shopping if such a thing can exist but impulse shopping nonetheless.
I'm currently looking to impulse buy the vintage vehicle maintenance energiser. My rebel hangar would look so fine wth a couple of those. Especially if the rrumored rebel technician with accessories pack turns out to be true. Three or four of those boys and a couple of energisers would just finish the whole thing off nicely. And even more so if he comes with a lovely yellow x-wing access ladder.
Hmmm, digressing again.
You buying this new destroyer droid then? I don't much like the look of it to be honest. The arm mechanism bulked up the spine section and those projectile firing boxes on the guns looks crap. It's a novel twist on a good figure but it's too gimmicked up for me. I'd rather take advantage of that battle damaged destroyer droid deal John's got right now. £3.50 for a figure that was going for £30 not so long ago in many places. That's what I call a bargain. I could quite hapily snaffle tons of the battle damaged one. So the head isn't quite right but then it doesn't have the stupid gimmicks and the one it does have is well hidden. Far superior in my eyes. If i had the cash right now I'd be ordering. Sadly the impending credit card bill puts paid to that idea.

gibbspaulus
11-27-2002, 04:34 AM
Well, I finally gave in and a certain chrome-toned astromech will be winging his merry way to my house in the next day or so! I'm SO happy!

I agree that the one of each needs to be flexible. I've got six destroyer droids already (3 of each) and I'm not sure I'd want many more tbh! I guess I just need to make the decision to be a completist or not!

And I gave up hope on getting the shuttle weeks ago. With Xma looming I just don't have the funds to divert. R2 was my last stand!

jedi_uk73
11-27-2002, 08:41 AM
I got a new item through the post from John today.

The new Holiday Edition set, very nice, tacky, but nice.

I was lucky enough to order mine online before they went out of stock again.

Cheers go to John yet again, and have a great holiday.

Gibbspaulus : nice to see you have a silver R2 on the way at last :D

gibbspaulus
11-27-2002, 09:28 AM
I tried to be strong but my magpie side took over.

What's bad, especially after our MOC chat yesterday, is that I want to take hiom off his card when he arrives!!!

gibbspaulus
11-28-2002, 05:42 AM
Call us predictable but I got my R2 this morning - exactly 24 hours after I bought him online!

Lewis
01-25-2003, 04:52 AM
Is the Gunship really worth it as this is one that i will display on top of me harddrive instead of the Jedi Starship? :p

Jargo
01-25-2003, 01:31 PM
Lewis, the republic gunship is massive. At least two foot square. The Jedi starfighter is like a little miniature xmas tree novelty next to it. You'd never get it on top of your system box. But the gunship is just one of the best ever star wars vehicles - ever. :)

kdp100
01-28-2003, 08:02 PM
Just received the latest newsletter from John & the first pre-order Shuttles should arrive next week! Hope mine's one of 'em - woohoo! :happy:

They'll also be selling the Trash Compactor sets for £29 for BOTH. Now that's more like it!

Jargo
02-02-2003, 09:39 AM
Definately. I changed my mind again and ordered the trash compactor sets. Also another Oola and Salacious Crumb because my first one got damaged, £9 for here is pretty sweet i think. I got my shuttle order in damn sharpish way back so hopefully I'll be one of the first to get one too. Especially at the price john quoted. :p I'm hovering over R2's waiting for the pre-order buttons to appear next to wave three of the star tours figures. I simply have to have R5-D4. :crazed:
I've pretty much gone from using nine different online stores for my stuff to only buying from John. It's less messy sorting out the bills that way too. :)

kdp100
02-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Well, hopefully your Trash Compactor sets will ship to you in a couple of days, Jargo, since they're now listed as "in stock" on the R2DToys website.
I decided to buy the sets after all - so I've just ordered mine. :)

Jargo
02-03-2003, 10:09 AM
Wow, that's fast. Actually I'm a complete idiot. I ordered the shuttle from Toy Palace last september or October, then when John put it up for pre-order I ordered from John and cancelled my order with Toy Palace by sending a nice e-mail explaining that they were asking a lot and that i hoped someone else would now be able to get this 'hot' item. Checked my credit card balance last night and TP didn't cancel my order as requested so now I have two shuttles flying my way. It's going to cost me £124 for my pains. I'm not sure what to do, it'sa going to be a real pain to send the thing back and try to get a refund, do i keep the two and wallow in their glory or do I keep hold of one and sell for profit later, or do I just sell at cost to a desperate soul? Quite a quandry. Suggestions welcomed. I really did think they cancelled my order but I just should have double checked. lesson learned though, won't double order again in a hurry. :rolleyes: What a putz I am.

kdp100
02-03-2003, 11:03 AM
No, it's easily done. I wouldn't trust a company to have cancelled an order unless I had confirmation of the fact.

You're sure to find a buyer if you sell on eBay or similar (at cost or otherwise), but I suppose another option for you might be to refuse/ignore delivery (I've seen this thing boxed and you'll have trouble fitting it through your front door, never mind your letterbox!), and sort out the financial implications while or after the ship whizzes back to its sender.
If you've got a copy of your cancellation email to back-up your story, then that should make things that much easier.

No sign of any charge on MY card yet, so maybe I wasn't in John's first wave of orders. Serves me right for not ordering sooner, I suppose. :stupid:

Jargo
02-03-2003, 02:35 PM
Well, as I said it'd be a hassle because I appear to have lost the e-mail I sent in a clear out of last years mail. :rolleyes: So with no proof that I sent a mail I have to accept it and then bear the financial fallout. I'm not a big fan of EBAY and really don't trust it. So if i sold it would be person to person but considering that this one is the more expensive one I doubt too many folks would be willing to hand over roughly £100 for it. If I do sell it I'd far rather sell to someone here who's North West based. Only because it would mean I could personally deliver, face to face business. On something that large I'm not wiling to risk just posting it off and hoping for the payment to arrive in the mail. Maybe I should just keep it......

I think John sends more stuff out on a tuesday if memory serves me. I normally find charges to my card mid week. Maybe that's just coincidence. End of the month sounds like a long time but Feb is only short thank god. But it would be disappointing having waited this long already. Be weird to get ours before the Americans though. Like if they arrived tomorrow or something while the Americans are still waiting for FAO to ship out. :D

UH-OH, waffling again. Get myself into trouble doing that. ;)

kdp100
02-03-2003, 07:28 PM
I've been eBaying as a buyer for nearly 2 years, and only had slight problems: one instance where it seemed some bloke in the Midlands couldn't be bothered to post the item he was supposed to sell me OR (luckily) to cash the cheque I'd sent him; and another case where a seller supposedly based in the UK turned out to be in the Far East and not have in hand the item he was selling at all!
The other 50+ transactions I've been involved in have gone quite smoothly.

Of course, being a seller is probably more complex, and the Shuttle is a fairly large and expensive thing to sell.

There used to be a couple of toy-stalls around the Affleck's Palace complex in central Manchester, but I don't know if they're still there or if they'd give you a good deal.
I suspect not on both counts.

You could always try advertising locally in Loot.com...

Jargo
02-03-2003, 07:38 PM
I've got fifteen seperate items on order right now and it looks like quite a lot of them are coming in pretty much on top of each other. Which is a bummer because the way I'd ordered them they were supposed to be staggered. But the more I think about it the more I kind of think how cool it would be to have two shuttles side by side. Maybe that sounds greedy. Maybe it's something to do with wanting one since I was a kid. *throws hands in air in exasperated gesture* I suppose I'll just have to see how the one fits into my display area and then decide on the other at a later date.
There's traders in Liverpool who'll pay for it I suppose. Mersey collectibles or the guy who used to be in the Quiggins centre. My other half thinks I should box it up and leave it in the loft for a few years. Then sell it.
What's really odd is that I never thought I'd get one at all then two turn up at once. Life's a buggar like that. :p

kdp100
02-03-2003, 07:57 PM
FIFTEEN items on order?!
Blimey! I'd be hard-pressed to think of a dozen items that are currently-available that I'd really want. The really juicy Saga 2003 stuff seems a couple of months away yet, and like you I'm passing on most of the resculpts.

Don't know Liverpool at all. Despite living in the NW for over half my life, I only got that far once - and that was a coach trip!

There are merits to the hoard-and-sell approach, I suppose.
My own 'loft' (half-shelf at one end of flat) is about 50% full of empty Hasbro boxes - as a loose collector, maybe I should throw them away.

A couple of times I've found myself with duplicates, and I used to just let them sit on the shelves till I discovered the joys of customizing.
It might be a bit of an extravagance to adopt this approach with regard to the Shuttle, but you could always change the paint-job so that one looks like the Tyderium, another like the Emperor's, etc.

Jargo
02-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Well the Toy Palace one arrived just now and it's beautiful! :D Me and the other half have been playing with the wing mechanism for ages. First time the other half has ever bothered to explore any star wars toys with me. The box is a whopper and rightly so because it's all prebuilt inside and all you have to do is attch the top wing and cockit canopy. I just flew it round the room a couple of times and she seems to like flying casual :p got a sticky right wing though, have to watch that. The wing guns are on upside down but Bigbarada says you can pop then off and re-arrange them. Not sure if I'll attempt it in case I break the connectors.
Customising the second one is a thought. I believe vaders shuttle has all clean wings so i could simply repaint those dark grey bits.
I keep all the big boxes in the loft flatpacked. If we move I'll still have the boxes to transport the stuff in then. Got big storage tubs for all the other stuff. Oh well, off to play with the new love of my life.....:D

r2dtoys
02-04-2003, 07:02 AM
Hi Guys !

Just to advise you, the first wave of shuttles at our confirmed FINAL price of £75, are being shipped today.

The first batch of pre-orders are dated Sept. 02 and any orders after that will be shipped in our next batch, expected much later in February. We were asked by our customers for a cheaper price, opposed to a faster delivery, so that's what we aimed for.

Also, we are adding a nearly full list of figures, unleashed, deluxe etc, for 2003 to our COMING SOON section on the website. Most of the list was published from the Universal Cards German catalogue on another news site.......if i had time, we would have added these items last Saturday, we are just sooooo busy !!!

Trash compactor sets are available in small numbers now, and as a final note there will be a LOT of new items in February (or so we expect) - we actually received freeze frame zuckuss again, death star esacpe cinema scenes and a bunch of other classic toys...all to be added to the website any day now.

Enjoy the shuttles.....they are AMAZING value.

Jargo
02-04-2003, 07:35 AM
But will wave three star tours ever show up........ must - have - R5-D4........ :dead:

That's great news John, thanks for keeping us in the loop. "On another news site" that's so diplomatic. :p oh hush my mouth. :rolleyes: Gonna get into trouble again. No seriously That's grand news John I'll be sure to stop over later in the week and have a gander. My other half is going to kill me if I order anything though..... :eek:

r2dtoys
02-04-2003, 07:51 AM
you are also an ill-fated victim of the lesser-spotted husband batterer aswell then ? me too LOL !

wave 3 star tours, and cantina wave 2 are on 'hold' until further notice FYI.

Did you all register at the ukswcc yet ? WELL worth it, we are the primary sponsor in Europe and trust me this will be the best UK star wars site for news and collectors' benefits !

head over to gadders.com or the galactic senate (neal73) and check out the very basid preliminaries, or indeed our very own basic front page. Our new site is soooo close to completion its itching.

Memorabilia will see the official launch of the ukswcc, and loads of great news, comp's, insider info, pre-releases, spoilers, the lot ! PLUS a very snazzy website.

TTYL,

John.

kdp100
02-04-2003, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the update, John!
I didn't order my Shuttle till after Xmas, so I guess I'll be in the later wave. Ah well - I'm glad February is a short month! :)

Enjoy the Shuttle, Jargo!
Flat-packing - there's a thought....

patchiswelsh
02-04-2003, 01:25 PM
OHHHHH I am so excited about new figs. Hopefully John will be able to get new Padmé, library droids and Aayla Secura this Feb!!!!
I knw Aayla is pushing the boat out a bit, but you never know!!
Hehe. These figs are a great improvement. Good year Ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jargo
02-05-2003, 08:21 AM
GREAT SCOTT!!!:eek: I can't believe it, John posted last night that the shuttles were shipping and I was woken this morning by the courier with my shuttle and cheeky grin for some reason..... anyway, I got my shuttle on the overnight. That's just amazing. Thabnks John and team, Superb service as usual. I'm a happy but poor bunny now. :D

gibbspaulus
02-05-2003, 10:47 AM
I was a bad boy...

I try to use R2 as much as possible but I went with a local supplier whose delivery has been with Parceline since Friday. They have mislaid it temporarily... I am in shell shock, and on anti-depressants till it arrives.

So damn you Jargo for your double shuttle-ness!!! May your overdraft swell!

Jargo
02-05-2003, 02:36 PM
:D :D :D No that's bad, :( very bad :cry: hope you get it sorted soon Gibbo. ;)

Emperors_Hand_2211
02-06-2003, 03:59 AM
You suck. I want my shuttle. Shuffle, shuffle, sulk sulk.

gibbspaulus
02-06-2003, 06:59 AM
And so say all of us!

Jargo
02-06-2003, 11:40 AM
I decided to keep both of them after all and glory in their greatness. I opened both and both are now sitting on the top shelf of my units and Vader and Palpy are stood in front surrounded by a horde of royal guards... well fourteen to be precise. I'm going to try and sort out a display with the imperials and post it in the collections section here. Maybe also add a tatooine collection pic too. I'll wait for the green a-wing and rebel technician with ladders before doing the rebel hangar shots.
Course they'll be poo quality cuz I'm using a borrowed old digital camera with about 3 pixels per picture memory. :rolleyes: grainy and fuzzy but I'll do my best.

As to ther collectors club, I think I'll wait for the website before registering. And that's poo news about the star tours and cantina sets. Bad Hasbro! :mad: but at least there's other good stuff coming soon. yumyum... :happy:

Jargo
02-06-2003, 07:53 PM
John, Iwas wanting to ask what your policy is on ordering multiples of figures. I'm always a little wary of putting in an order for a few ofthe same figure on the new stuff because I know some retailers treat that as a scalper order and delete the entire order.
Say the new snowtrooper came into stock and I put in an order for ten, how would that be treated?
As it happens that's the number I want, but for one thing I wouldn't want to deprive anyone from getting one so I'd hold off with a larger order like that, but I was just wondering what your thoughts on it are. Okay to do so or just bad practice? Just idle curiosity that's all. :)

r2dtoys
02-07-2003, 05:03 AM
Hi !

OK, here are our rules.....there are no rules.

You can order as many, or as few, as you desire....if we see a sellout, and require more, we will order more for those people. Luckily our website supports the facility to report how many people are 'waiting' in the 'email me when available' section on a per-product basis.

Most of the time we can re-order these newer products, so basically there are no shortage of supplies.

Hope this helps !

We appreciate your concerns and thoughts about other people, most don't care at all. Luckily we order a lot and usually have enough to go around.

Jargo
02-07-2003, 08:41 AM
Excellent! Thanks for the info John. I was hoping you'd say that.

Now all I have to do is plot the building of a grand army and get the finances juggled so the other half doesn't notice :evil:

That's cool though John thanks for the response. ;)

gibbspaulus
02-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Don't a lcoal spuulier began to list off what I'd bought from him in front of my other half last night. You could've cut the atmosphre with a knife!

The guy was personally handing me my shuttle (one of life's moments ) and chatting away, whislt Steve was stood behind him - glaring!

Jargo
02-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Oh i quite often send the other half out on bargain hunts for me. That's good because if the pound shops have got army builders I'll get something. If it's new stuff and full price i don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting anything unless I secretly order and break the news gently later.

"Oh by the way dear, ordered a load of stuff the other day, just bits and bobs, got a good deal compared to the prices at half the other places I've seen these at.... How muchdoes it come to? well don't worry about that now, I'll just amend the accounts spreadsheets later, don't you worry about it. How about you put your feet up for five and I'll make you a nice cup of tea my precious angel darling sweetheart dumpling........?" :p :D

Lewis
02-09-2003, 05:39 AM
Could anyone tell me what you get with the Gunship with extra firepower please? I see it is due soon :p

Jargo
02-09-2003, 01:40 PM
R2DTOYS has it listed as being £39.00 Hazarding a guess I'd say the two listings posted recently are one and the same thing which means it comes bundled with three figures. It's supposedly coming in as part of the clone wars mini line with a new paint deco. But, since hasbro hasn't previewed any of the clone wars stuff yet who knows what it'll end up looking like or coming with. :)

patchiswelsh
02-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Ohhhhh I am so excited about new Aayla Secura. Please R2Dtoys get her in soon!!!! Please!!!!
This fig looks like one of the best of 2003 and dare i say it Saga. Really want to get it and I hope it's as good as I have expected.

r2dtoys
02-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Hi !

Today we posted a shed load of stuff !

Classic, Ep1, cheap stuff, hard to find stuff....a LOT !

Also added a near complete list of 2003 releases incl. the Unleashed Han Solo and Boba Fett PLUS Master Replicas Death Star (rrp £995).

February will be huge as promised in January, we have another 60-100 products to add this week, if you want rare or hard to find toys we can also help. Remeber the THX figures ? We have the Japanese GREEN card THX figures to add ! These are the RAREST variations out there besides Ben ss/lt.

Hope you have fun....we are doing our best to maintain £4 as long as possible, we expect it for at least the first 6-10 figures in 2003.

Lewis
02-10-2003, 02:41 AM
Thanks a lot EJ, I really want a Gunship but as usual when i decided to get it they were sold out :( just my luck :p

HARDY
02-20-2003, 02:44 PM
Hi all im planning to visit the r2dtoys shop does anyone know as i am new to this if the shop does the same deals as the website eg. 3 saga figs and one ep 1 fig for 10pounds(crazy)?????

kdp100
02-20-2003, 08:01 PM
I imagine the same deals will apply - John's very scrupulous.

HOWEVER - if you're planning to visit the shop (Turnpike Lane, N London), you'd better ring first (020-8340-5566) to make sure someone will be there.
They've been scaling-down their day-to-day presence at the shop for the last few months as they've been moving toward a more mail-order-based business, and I've been caught out two or three times by turning-up on spec. of a Saturday afternoon, only to find that the shop is all shut up for the day 'coz everyone's gone off to sort stock at the warehouse!! :sur:

HARDY
02-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the info.....ill call them in the morning to see if they are in try and and pop down later..im soo excited i have waited soo long for a decent dealer well actually any sort of toy dealer that specialises in our fave hobby!!!

Jargo
02-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Johns in New York until the 22nd HARDY, there's a note on the website door saying so. :p So if he's taken the staff with him you might be out of luck.

HARDY
02-21-2003, 10:19 AM
thanks emperor jargo...il give them a call anyway if not it'll have to be next week:(

Colonel Jack O'Neil
02-26-2003, 05:30 PM
I signed up on the R2DToys website to be told when the newer figures were in, well I got aload of emails today and had a visit, they had loads, the missing few from the normal lot and some of the new 2003 figures at £4 each so I spent £50 and bought 9 of the figures I needed, cant wait too get them :)

kdp100
05-30-2003, 07:57 AM
The Sandtrooper 4-pack is now in stock (£18) - just ordered mine at last!

It looks like they've also had a new delivery of some of the latest deluxe figures (SBD, Spider Droid, Jango,Obi-Wan)...

fewzz
06-19-2003, 11:51 PM
Hi All!

Cool you people know about r2dtoys! , ive been using them for ages and well there the best in my opinion , ive put alot of people there way!!! , it the only place i get stuff from now , well now the other half has cut my spending down coz were expecting! , i even had to cancell my shuttle for the moment WAHHHHHHHHHHH!.

i noticed someone here called r2dtoys , is that the shop? is that you JOHN?

anyways take care peeps.

Andy

ironfist
07-14-2003, 06:22 AM
Does anybody know if the R2Dtoys shop is definitively closed? Or could I visit their shop?

kdp100
07-14-2003, 06:35 AM
Does anybody know if the R2Dtoys shop is definitively closed? Or could I visit their shop?

No, I don't think the "real" shop is staffed anymore - they're mail-order only now, apart from the occasional stall at shows.

Jargo
08-13-2003, 09:02 AM
Great googly moogly! ordered the two screen scenes on monday night and recieved them today - wednesday - at nine in the morning. I know shipping has gone up but i didn't realise it was to improve the shipping all round. Fantastic service and excellent goods as per usual. 10/10 to R2's :D

odb
08-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Great googly moogly! ordered the two screen scenes on monday night and recieved them today - wednesday - at nine in the morning. I know shipping has gone up but i didn't realise it was to improve the shipping all round. Fantastic service and excellent goods as per usual. 10/10 to R2's :D

I agree with that, the old courriers were pretty useless in my area. It would often take them 5 days to deliver anything, often with notes written all over it: cannot find address etc.

My latest order turned up in two days flat. The service is so much better, you might notice I was at first apprehensive about them, but now R2 Toys is without doubt the best to use.

RussUAE
08-26-2003, 06:32 AM
I agree. Service is fab, even when they messed my last order up they couldn't have been more helpful.

I'm not sure what happened to all their 2003 figures being 4 quid though, as had been suggested at the beginnign of this year.

Emperors_Hand_2211
08-27-2003, 02:54 AM
From what I can remember they were finding that the supplier that was able to give them that price was v. slow. I seem to recall them asking opinions via the newsletter and the concensus was that people would rather have the figures sooner at £6 than later at £4.
I was really tempted to pre-order the clone wars two packs, but just couldn't justify it. You just know you'll be able to pick up anakin, yoda and the arc trooper for like £2-3 in a year or so, which would mean paying over £15 per figure for the three clone trooper variants. I'll just have to hope Hasbro single card them eventually.

Cast Iron
12-14-2003, 12:41 PM
I've not been too thrilled with R2DToys to be honest. Every order I have placed has taken at least a week to arrive, despite supposedly being shipped within 24-48 hours of placing the order. Paying £7.00 for postage should gurarantee a 24-hour delivery service...

... Nearly two weeks ago I placed two orders exceeding £200.00 and still have not received either. I have e-mailed R2DToys for an update on the order, and also telephoned them [no answer], but to date have had no reply. I am getting increasingly unhappy with their service - does anybody know if the staff are away, ill, or out of business?

May I recommend Galaxy Action Figures? They ship faster than R2DToys and have a better customer service interface. As for prices, they are sometimes cheaper than R2DToys and sometimes more expensive.

arctangent
12-15-2003, 05:29 AM
I've not been too thrilled with R2DToys to be honest. Every order I have placed has taken at least a week to arrive, despite supposedly being shipped within 24-48 hours of placing the order. Paying £7.00 for postage should gurarantee a 24-hour delivery service...

... Nearly two weeks ago I placed two orders exceeding £200.00 and still have not received either. I have e-mailed R2DToys for an update on the order, and also telephoned them [no answer], but to date have had no reply. I am getting increasingly unhappy with their service - does anybody know if the staff are away, ill, or out of business?

May I recommend Galaxy Action Figures? They ship faster than R2DToys and have a better customer service interface. As for prices, they are sometimes cheaper than R2DToys and sometimes more expensive.

if your order coincided with the weekend of the memorabillia show it would have taken longer to reach you and bear in mind it is coming up to christmas and the postal system is abysmal at the moment. i have to say i have never had a problem with r2dtoys and if i have had a query they have always answered my email or the telephone fairly quickly. i would try phoning them again, especially as the order was worth a large amount of money.

Cast Iron
12-15-2003, 08:50 AM
I finally got through to R2DToys this morning; apparantly both orders are in the post, sent by courier, and should arrive today... we shall see....

RussUAE
12-15-2003, 09:10 AM
I've never been let down by R2DToys. They have been really good compared to a lot of online retailers I've used. The shipping costs at Galaxy Action Figures do not seem very transparent - that's how a lot of retailers seem to stuff you.

I know R2DToys remain my first choice to use in the UK at the moment.

Cast Iron
12-18-2003, 05:06 PM
Hey, I finally got my two orders, though the courier was a day late due to the Xmas workload. R2DToys were snowed under with orders hence their inability/apathy towards replying to e-mails, though I would have appreciated a short mail to let me know why my order was so late in being dispatched. However, an item won from R2DToys on eBay came within 48 hours, so their service is back up to scratch.

I've just ordered the latest figures [Wampa, Rieekan, Luke Hoth, etc] and R2DToys reckon they will be with me before Christmas. Good stuff!

Best wishes to all UK collectors for the festive season.

- John

arctangent
12-19-2003, 09:36 AM
I've just ordered the latest figures [Wampa, Rieekan, Luke Hoth, etc] and R2DToys reckon they will be with me before Christmas. Good stuff!

i have tried to order these but all i get is their 'email me when in stock' button, even though i got an email from them saying they would be getting limited stock. guess i was too late. :cry:

Cast Iron
01-03-2004, 10:15 AM
i have tried to order these but all i get is their 'email me when in stock' button, even though i got an email from them saying they would be getting limited stock. guess i was too late. :cry:
All those items should be readily available to customers through the site; you may have stumbled onto duplicate product entries that were not updated to incorporate the items' availablity. I experienced this problem.

After looking at my VISA bill in abject horror, I decided to stop collecting SW toys, but after receiving my box of Hoth wave figures I changed my mind!! I will instead be jettisoning all the action figure scale spaceships to free up much-needed room in my back bedroom [and help pay off debt]. Sadly, I had already presold the new R2DToys Hoth Wave figures before I got the delivery, so I will just have to reorder another selection. This time, I have the patience to wait until they come down in price... £15.00 for an Ultra figure is just too much.

antderviso
09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Wow i didnt realise how close this place is to me. I just live down seven sisters. I must visit!!!