PDA

View Full Version : Collector dreams

FKA Broke Collector
07-28-2002, 06:50 PM
Okay, this may be a little weird but I want to throw this out there and see if anyone else has experienced this.

Years ago I was HARDCORE into collecting. I was in college and didn't have classes until noon, so I made it a point to go to the 2 Walmarts in my college town every night at 1 AM. (That's if I wasn't in the middle of getting severely inebriated at a party. :dead: )

Anyway, since collecting was always on my mind, quite often I'd have dreams about collecting. My dreams would often consist of me going into a store and finding all of these SW figures I'd never heard of on odd cards. Then Slave Leia would walk into the toy aisle and offer her undying servitude. Okay that last part I made up. :rolleyes:

I'm still into collecting but not quite so much since I've gotten into the 9-5 grind and I can't go out at all hours (I don't think I could even handle getting severly inebriated anymore). I still have these dreams but they don't happen quite as often anymore. I guess I'm back to dreaming about falling off buildings, being chased by werewolves and sexy women like I should be, haha.

Anybody else ever have these weird dreams or am I really that much of an oddball? :crazed:

DarthBrandon
07-28-2002, 07:05 PM
I don't know if mine are the same, but when I was younger I used to dream about finding the ultimate collection for a good price or dream about getting a Falcon for Christmas. I have dreamt when I was older that the new lines or action figures were at Toyrus and Walmart. I've also had dreams of falling off buildings, running the Jedi Temple, sexy women, and being chased by monsters. So I guess your normal or we are both crazy.:) I haven't had the pleasure of slave Leia offering any help to me yet. LOL

steve3p0
07-28-2002, 08:02 PM
every now and then i have a dream about star wars toys, i think my last was shortly before 4/23. usually the dream is about finding whatever new toys i dont have yet.

star wars is our hobby and a big interest for us all. so ... no ... its not odd to dream about it :)

fourtwo
07-28-2002, 08:47 PM
i had a dream that i was in a big warehouse with a friend full of cool star wars stuff. most of which doesn't exist at all. i was grabbing everything and anything i wanted.
i was a bit let down when i woke up needless to say.

FKA Broke Collector
07-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by fourtwo
i had a dream that i was in a big warehouse with a friend full of cool star wars stuff. most of which doesn't exist at all. i was grabbing everything and anything i wanted.
i was a bit let down when i woke up needless to say.

LOL Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I remember I had a dream where I found a bunch of 12" Han / Tauntauns on clearance and I bought several... then I woke up. I was rather disgruntled. :mad: I've had other dreams where I'm scraping figures that have never been produced off the pegs by the arm-full.

Old Fossil
07-28-2002, 10:18 PM
Sometimes when I put myself on collecting hiatus (usually due to strained finances, or I am trying to focus on my writing) I go for several days, or a week or two, without thinking about Star Wars toys. Then I'll dream that I'm in some generic department store, and I find a couple of pegs of figures I've been wanting. Usually I can't remember what the exact figures were; it's just usually either an orange or bright green blur (from the cards). That gets my collector urge going again, and I end up heading back to the toy aisles and, more often than not, finding new figures. Wierd.

jdmarlow
07-28-2002, 11:04 PM
There was a similar thread about this topic very recently:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11143

Chiesa
07-28-2002, 11:24 PM
Hey everyone I think I know what you guys mean... I'm sure we're not crazy!! :) Once in awhlie I would dream that I'm in some huge huge store with and whole isle of toys... Needless to say I just loaded tons of them into my shopping trolley... I would remember that some of those figures are some new variations that I would like to see and they always look really great in the dream... But alas, I wake up slighly disappointed to find that its only a dream but I can tell you this... It really felt great in the dream and I don't mind dreaming of it more often :)

Cheers :)

FlakMan
07-28-2002, 11:42 PM
I remember a dream I had a few years back where I was in a grocery market-turned toy store full of Star Wars toys. I was ****ed off when I woke up.

Chiesa
07-29-2002, 04:26 AM
FlakMan>> Don't we get sick when we all wake up realising that we are back in reality? :)

Cheers :)

steve3p0
07-30-2002, 09:44 AM
i just had one last night.

i was in toysrus (which in reality hasn't been a source for me for the newest toys since finding adi gallia there in 1999. )

there was an employee who spoke to me as i was looking through the figures to ask if he could help me (i should have known i was dreaming now :crazed: )

we looked at the back of the cards and i pointed to the ones i was looking for and he says "oh sure , we have that one in the back , i'll go get that one for you" :)

meanwhile, as i look through the toys, they have r2d2 w/ holo princess leia .... count dooku ... even an ATAT driver from the original power of the force line ... and a new super small figure of the emperor ... i guess something like a mini-me clone :D

i woke up soon after that ... i wish it had lasted a little longer.. i never even got to take my toys to the check out to buy em and take em home :p