PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Shmi?

Battle Droid
07-29-2002, 12:44 AM
Would Hasbro ever make one with soft goods body bag?

Beast
07-29-2002, 12:47 AM
That's a bit morbid for an action figure, don't you think? No, I don't think they will. Same reason we won't get a Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen: Charred Corpses. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-29-2002, 12:50 AM
Just take the POJ figure and slash her up a bit, then wrap some cloth over her. Hmmm, that gives me a great customizing idea...

Chiesa
07-29-2002, 03:28 AM
Hehehe thats quite a matured idea but seriously I don't think so... Its just too morbid an idea... Perhaps the nearest you come to that is the emperor's hagged looking face or maybe vader without his mask...

Cheers :)

brentfett
07-29-2002, 09:45 AM
I know how you feel, I'm still holding out for a Dack after being stepped on by the AT-AT figure.:)

Darth Trymybestus
07-29-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
That's a bit morbid for an action figure, don't you think? No, I don't think they will. Same reason we won't get a Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen: Charred Corpses. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I agree with Jar Jar but also... we have had a few "dead" figures, Jango Fett beheaded... Zam Wesell - armless and with her clawdite face on, she could be dead.
We've had a Darth Maul cut in half too.
But the idea of a dead or dying Shmi is too morbid and it would only really be popular with people who buy everything or who have diaramas.

Chiesa
07-29-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by brentfett
I know how you feel, I'm still holding out for a Dack after being stepped on by the AT-AT figure.:)

Hey I think that would be too morbid too :) :) :)

JEDIpartner
07-29-2002, 11:24 AM
I think they won't make one, not for it being so "morbid", but rather because they were so hard-pressed about getting us the figure in the POTJ line. With all the delays on that figure, we're lucky to have a Shmi at all!! :eek:

Fulit
07-29-2002, 11:51 AM
Why not, I mean they included her freakin' torture rack with the Anakin figure! That is what I saw in the picture wasn't it? Why shouldn't we be able to re-enact the "Torture Vader's Mom" scene we didn't get to see in the movie? A "Shmi's Corpse" figure should be no problem whatsoever.

thespar
07-29-2002, 02:28 PM
i say at least give us onl before she dies

Jek Porky 2002
07-29-2002, 03:40 PM
They could get away with a Shmi Skywalker (Tusken Capture) with slightly bloody face and a rack as an accesory, I'd really like to see that!

GeneralKenobi
07-29-2002, 04:06 PM
Could this thread be more pointless...yes.

Darth Trymybestus
07-29-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Why not, I mean they included her freakin' torture rack with the Anakin figure! That is what I saw in the picture wasn't it? Why shouldn't we be able to re-enact the "Torture Vader's Mom" scene we didn't get to see in the movie? A "Shmi's Corpse" figure should be no problem whatsoever.

I was just looking at the detailed pictures of Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack on SSG and it turns out that it's a tusken Weapon Rack that's included.
I must admit, I did think it was the the rack that Shmi was tied to.

Geonosian
07-29-2002, 07:02 PM
Episode 2 Shimi will not be made.....how long did he have to wait for Episode 1 Shimi.

Beast
07-29-2002, 07:03 PM
Yep, as I have said before it's not the torture rack. You can see this rack in the movie, leaned against the outside of one of the Tusken hutts. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chiesa
07-29-2002, 09:54 PM
I just watched that scene again on my comp... And yes I agree with JarJar and Darth Trymybestus that its the weapon rack and not the torture rack that Shmi was hanged on :)

LTBasker
07-29-2002, 09:59 PM
I thought it was the mail box. ;)

"Coming to a store near you! Exclusive Anakin's Mom - Shmi Skywalker Lars - with torture rack in a Tusken Raider hovel with real eye-closing feature! Replay the memorable scene of the thing that made Anakin really mad! Only $66.66!!!!!!!"

Chiesa
07-29-2002, 10:21 PM
LTbasker.. Perhaps its the clothes rack or where they put their shoes :) hahahaha

Cheers :):p

Jek Porky 2002
07-30-2002, 03:32 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot that she would be called Shmi Lars now.

hango fett
07-30-2002, 03:42 PM
chiesa, how did you watch that scene or your computer? it's not on dvd or video yet...
h.

Chiesa
07-31-2002, 02:02 AM
Hango... I d/l it from Kazaa... Just type dvd or something like that and you will find it!! I have no idea how those guys managed to get it in the first place either :)